Last Search For Now (Looking for Female)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarinValore

129% of people exaggerate.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Before we dive in to what you have come to read, I thought a little about me was in order. I am a high school math teacher, I have two minions (the cute little yellow kind), and am in college to further my education even more. I am a busy guy. Having said that, I am usually free to reply Mon-Fri in the early mornings. My schedules allows me to reply at least once a day (depending on how many posts I have to reply to and no guarantees on the weekend) with a minimum of once a week. I'd like a partner who can do the same please.

Because writing and reading are a passion of mine, it is important to me that my posts, as well as those of my partners, are legible. I spell, and grammar check but don't always catch every error. I'd like a partner who will at least put in the same amount of effort. I'm not asking for perfection. I also tend to write no less than 4 paragraphs and would like a partner who can do the same. I consider myself somewhere between Intermediate and Adept. It'd be great to find a partner of equal skill or better so that I can continue to challenge myself to become a better writer and player.

Planning is a big thing to me and I'd like to plan a story with you not for you. I've come up with the basic idea for a couple of plots but not all the details have been ironed out. Please help me establish these details so that it is our story not just mine.

Let's chat. Just like any good relationship, whether it's between friends, family, or significant others, communication is key to ensure the success of our story. You don't have to divulge to me your life story, but let's get to know each other a little. This communication carries into the preservation of our story as well. If you will not be able to reply for an extended time, please let me know if possible. If you lose interest and would like to drop, let me know. I'm a big boy and can handle it.

On to the plots! I only want to play one of these.

Plots:

Option 1 Synopsis

The year was 2339. Earth had united under one government. 32 billion united people lived in perfect harmony serving only the advancement of mankind. With petty differences set aside, Earth developed the technology necessary to launch deep space exploration and sent five pilot ships out, only two returned both if which carried unique artifacts discovered on uninhabited planets. While the mystery of the missing vessels weighed heavily upon the world, the curiosity concerning the artifacts suppressed it. But mankind was not ready for what happened when one of the artifacts was activated accidentally.

Nothing happened at first, but in a matter of months, deep space station, Oracle V, began to register unidentified objects approaching Earth. At the six month mark, it was clear that the artifact was indeed a beacon of sorts as a massive fleet of ships appeared in orbit around Earth. All attempts to contact them went unanswered but it was only one month later that contact was finally made – by them. The capital cities of every nation fell I one day as swarms of spacecrafts, seemingly invulnerable to the weapons of man, swept over them. For four months the world was strafed by alien fire. By the end of the first year, 24 billion people died.

On the anniversary of the activation of Artifact Omega, the aliens landed. Unable to kill off mankind from the air, they were forced to resort to kicking down doors. Only then did man have the ability to fight back. Able to steal from the Alien bases, mankind became equipped with weapons able to pierce through the element X, named such for its unknown origins and qualities. With these weapons, they’ve formed a resistance.

This story will take place six months into the Resistance. Reduced to 8 billion living souls in one year, it has taken the Aliens six months to drop that number again to 4 billion, a number not seen since the 1900s. Humanity is fighting a losing battle and is desperate need of a game changer.

Option 2 Synopsis

The year is 2132 and much of the Earth has fallen to corporations. One such corporation has purchased the bulk of the world with money or the blood of their enemies. Being far more advanced in technology and defenses, they have moved like a tsunami toppling anything that has stood before them. Leaving behind Peacekeepers, a militaristic government bent on cruel punishment of even minor laws in order to keep order, the rich have flourished while the poor and middle class have plummeted into hells where mistreatment, slavery, and no values exist.

With the rest of the world in danger to follow suit, the last remaining hope for a free world has dispatched sleeper agents to be activated only when they are needed. The chaos created by these agents has given motivation to those who wish for freedom to rise up. Will you join the resistance or are you comfortable with your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.