Last Man Standing

When Leonel pulled away Dallas looked at him and then gave a confused look. The man had a sad exprsssion on his face. Before he could ask whats wrong, Leonel spoke about how the kiss was diffrent and then mentioned a " Him". Which was deffinitally not Dallas. It was an ex or some other guy. Dallas moved away slightly and then sucked in a breath. " Well i didn't think the kiss would make a comparison to your ex or whoever he is. He got off the bed and then opened his bag. Their was three bottles of water left. Taking a few chugs out of the small one he returned to the bed and then layed on his side.

"I didn't mean it as a bad thing" he motioned at Dallas while following with his eyes, nearing him a little and lying down
by his side and closing his eyes, he was nothing like Raymond, he was nothing like the one that broke him, the merciless
man that had abused him to the point in which he couldn't move anymore, the one who got jealous over something as
simple as a stupid salesman, or a walk out to the park to catch cold airs, he was sick of being locked in all the time, so eventually
when he tried escaping the unspeakable happened, he could almost feel it as if it were happening again, all that blood
dripping from his hands, and suddenly, Dallas lying down on his side brought him back to reality, that wasn't happening,
that was a deep and lost part of the past and he should have been over it long ago, yet he finally realized he wasn't, and
that was affecting his judgement harshly.

"Dallas, I've got something I've never been able to tell anyone, can I tell you now?"

When he heard Leonel say that it wasn't a bad thing he just nodded his head. Dallas winced in pain as he turned his body when Leonel asked if he wanted to know something. " Yeah sure". Using his hands he pushed himself up on the bed so that his back was resting on the wall, supporting his sides. Dallas looked over at Leonel and waited for him to continue.

Leonel shrugged, he knew Dallas was in pain but this was probably for the best, bottling it up
and hiding it like he had done for so long had done nothing but turn him into an unlikable person
who was grumpy and hard on anyone all the time, he knew he couldn't just suck it up and go back
to being a normal person, that was simply not possible, but he also couldn't just ignore his need
to let it all go at once.

"When I was younger I discovered I was gay, and I couldn't tell my parents about it, and the man
I fell for was much older than me, at this time I was about 15 or 14 years old, I was very much in love
and couldn't take it off my mind, and when I confessed to him he said he loved me back, we spent
a long time together and I did but turn more and more to his side until he asked me to live together,
I of course agreed and did a whole lot of stupid idiocies just to get rid of my parents, we ended up
living together after that.

At first it was okay living with him, I was happy and I was oblivious of what would come next out of
something as petty and small as a school work, I was still attending school at the time, I brought a
friend home to do a homework, but he... Raymond got extremely mad and punched me in front of my
friend, and warned me that if I ever brought some other man home again he wouldn't respond, I was
...so terrified I only obeyed him, and everyone at school began mocking me, bullying me or keeping their
distance, even my best friend never spoke to me again, the last time we did he said 'I don't want him
to hurt you more for speaking to me'.

Time passed and I turned 18, it was even worse then, everytime I'd go to the store, everytime I went to
see my parents or to the library or school he'd beat the living shit out of me or rape me out of jealousy ...
or maybe hate. It was horrible and instead of fighting back I ...I became kinda like his slave, eventually
I grew into agoraphobia and never left that house again, he'd come home drunk and beat me up, and
when I was sent the letter that I had been rejected from school and to not bother coming back he also
beat me up, claiming I'd stay stupid forever.

One day I found a dog left at our doorway, it was the first time I took a step outside the house, I was 19,
I took the small thing in with me, but Raymond was not happy about it, he ignored the dog at first since it
wasn't dirty and didn't require a lot of space, but one day he came home drunk again, he had perfume on him
so the dog didn't recognize him and bit his ankle trying to protect me, he got the kitchen knife and killed the
poor little thing in a horrible manner, all in front of me, and then almost drowned me with the animal's blood,
screaming at me to beg for forgiveness... I... couldn't take it anymore so I waited while he raped and beat me,
and when he was fast asleep, I stabbed him with the same knife over and over again."

He brushed both hands trough his hair and brought his knees to his chest, hiding his face on them "I .... Nobody
believed me that it had been self defense, on contraire... they actually thought I had done it on purpose, well,
not like I didn't intent to kill him but ... I seriously wanted all that hell to end, someone who at first said to love
me, turned my life into legitimate HELL. And then this stupid war came, and there was this guy that saved me
from jail and took care of me for a while, that riffle I have on me, it was my father's, the guy who found me had
known my father of long, and eventually I fell for him, in this needed manner I had before, but not long ago, a year
or so, he died victim to food poisoning..."

He sighed, almost feeling a heavy weight be lifted off his shoulders.

Dallas listened to his story and nodded his head slowly as he spoke. It was shocking just to listen and it was deffinitally sad. Dallas knew he went through a fair share of things in his young life but being that he wa sonly eighteen, he knew he haden't experienced half as much as Leonel had and he didn't want to. He would have never knew that Leonel was abused emotionally, physically, and mentally. All enough to break any man. When he heard the man sigh Dallas pulled him into his arms and gave him a hug. " I honestly dont know what to say..Im sorry you went through that but I promise that wont happen again".

"Do you really promise?" he asked in a sweet but sad tone, closing his eyes in tiredment.
Dallas was probably what Leonel had wanted all along, someone who wouldn't hurt him, someone
to actually show him what love was like, but this time things were different, and it wasn't actually
the best of times to fall in love with someone, the thought hit him then, how did he know Dallas was
just using him and then would just drop him when he gave himself to Dallas? He couldn't let that happen,
but he had to act up, he needed to see whether or not Dallas was serious, and until then, he'd act the same he had been until now,
hot and cold.

Dallas slowly released the hold that he had Leonel in and he gave the man a warm smile. He felt acomplished that he finally seen Leonel's sweet and gentle side, the side that he wanted to see since they first meet. It was alot better then having a guy yell and look so angry and mad at the world all the time. He gave the man a quick kiss on the cheek and then slowly re-adjusted himself on the bed. His eyes were heavy and in a few minutes he was sound asleep.

Leonel watched him until he fell asleep and caressed his face gently and carefully not to wake him up,
the lied down in front of him, being defeated by the tiredness probably as much as Dallas not much time
afterwards, he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

"I told you I didn't want you outside the place!"
"I'm sorry..."
"I TOLD YOU DIDN'T I"
"I'm sorry I just--"
"What!?"
"I wanted... I was hungry... I..."
"No excuses!"

"I swear I could almost see his punch coming at me for a second" Leonel thought when he opened his eyes
widely in shock, it had only been a nightmare, so he told himself before standing up from the bed and nearing
Dallas's bag, the water was loose now, it was a bad signal.

Dallas felt great after the much needed rest. His side still hurt like hell but he was just glad that it wasn't broken. Slowly he opened his eyes and yawned. Dallas, realizing that Leonel wasn't in the bed he sat up halfway to see that the man was in his bag. Getting out the bed he slowly approached Leonel and rubbed his eyes. " You thirsty?". He placed once of his hands on Leonel's waist and kissed his cheek before heading over to the table that was knocked over in the fight. Pucking it up and fixing it, Dallas took a seat in the chair and ruffled his hair.

He jolted and turned to look at him in a calm manner before he saw him fix up the table and sit on the chair, his
expression the usual, a frown but at the same time a calm one, he let down the bag and went to sit down on the
edge of the bed "Eventually we'll have to look for supplies" he commented, before he turned to look at the hatch's
entrance like there was something on his mind "But this place's pretty close to my last hideout and I raided everything
on the sorrounding area, there's nothing left for us here. What should we do..." he sighed heavily. "There's not
even enough as to venture out of town to the green areas, they're danger at every corner"

Dallas knew everything that Leonel said was true. They were running out of supplies and they needed to leave. Shifting his body in the seat, Dallas looked at the man and then sighed. " I know that things are dangerous but thats why man invented guns. We have to leave and I think today is the perfect time to do so, We can get a head start and theres plenty of abandoned apartment buildings near by". He stood from the chair and then walked over and picked up his bag. Checking his bag he made sure the gun was in there and then he picked up the one on the floor. " I'll go up first". He spoke as he opened the hatch and climbed up. Looking around he could see two people in the far distance but their backs were turned.

Leonel stopped in motion and held up his riffle as soon as he was up with Dallas, glaring at these figures,
but before they could turn around, Leonel shat them dry, not thinking back nor asking questions, he just
straight shot them and walked away, on the contraire direction "I heard that if we go south we could find
big stores, problem is, I don't know if they are being controlled, I've never been out from the 3 kilometers
area that surrounds the apartment I was in before" he commented as they walked, side to side, his mind
was finally busy so he didn't care too much, still he was too disturbed yet.

Dallas was a bit taken back when Leonel just killed the two men that were standing. It made sense since they didn't need anyone around. Catching up with Leonel, he listnened to him talk about having big stores south but not knowing if they were controlled or not. " Well it never hurts to find out, mabey there are people who aren't killers but regular people just like us? And as for the apartmenrts, there deserted for the most part when everything went to hell theres probubally some low thugs". Dallas thought that the chill from not having a shirt would make him shudder but actually it made him more motivated to find another place. Looking over at Leonel he smiled slightly. " You know you dont have to look so serious".

"It's my face" Leonel hissed as they walked "It may not kill us to check but if they are being controlled I'll be sold as a sex slave for food and drugs
and you'll be probably killed, knowing you." he simply said, straight out cold and direct. "I remember once I was asked for that" he shrugged.

Dallas chuckled and then shook his head at the fact that Leonel got so mad so quick. When the man spoke about if the place was controlled and how he could be sold as a sex slave, Dallas cringed and then placed his hand on Leonel's shoulder slowing him down. " I told you I wouldn't let you get hurt and I promise you wont". After a moment he went back to his regualr goofy self. " I mean come on Im much sexier than you so they'd want me". Dallas laughed and then looked around, it was quiet and empty which was a good thing since they did leave real early.

Leonel only stared idly for a moment before moving onwards, then something unexpected happened,
just as they were walking a flash grenade exploded in front of their eyes and Leonel fell to the ground
covering his eyes "Shit! We walked onto a god damn trap!" he yelled, and although it hurt to do so, he
sprang up quickly and took Dallas by the back of his jacket and rushed off, but they were stopped by
the angry growling of two beasts standing in front of them, the white dogs from the days before this one,
Leonel jolted and froze.

Before they even knew right from left, Dallas face was covered in smoke and to make matters worse his eyes were burrning from it. He heard Leonel's voice and then Dallas felt his body being pulled away from the smoke until they came to a complete hault. There were two white dogs. Dallas figured he could just quickly shoot one but that would leave the other one. " Shit just be ready to shoot". Dallas quickly pulled his gun out and shot one of the dogs. Just as he done so the other white dog lunged tword him . Falling back he the thankful for the way his gun was positioned so that the dog couldn't bite his face.

Leonel rammed at the dog with the riffle's body, hitting square at it's head as strongly as he could and kicked
it off away from Dallas, and shot him afterwards, moving his shoulders and looking around, he just couldn't see
anything and the smoke was still lingering around, he was confused, "Where's the master?"

Dallas was relived when the dog was killed and he was able to get up and fix himself. The smoke was not fully gone but his eyes were less bothered by it. Looking around he shook his head. " I have no idea but he/she is probubally close somewhere". Dallas placed a hand over his face as he walked forward. The smoke slowly lingered away and he found himself starring in the direction of the buildings.

( This where i introduce my other character)

Leonel followed Dallas's sight toward the buildings, he had been affected by the smoke onto his eyes and he
had a hard time breathing so he was unsure anything was there, he was just glad the attack had finally ceased,
his mind staying locked in place "Nevermind it, let's just go" he gripped onto Dallas's shirt almost pulling him to
begin moving away with him.