Last Man Standing

Dallas helped Leonel along the way. Looking back to make sure he was okay even though he knew he wasn't. Just when the hospital was in plain view he wanted to shoot himself. The hospital was completly gone. Burning and crumbled down to the ground. To make matters worse there were a ton of people fighting over supplies and killing eachother in the process and the last thing he needed was to go through a deadly riot. Leonel was agains the wall and his face looked even worse. " Look i have some tweezers, that could get it out". Without saying much he walked over to Leonel and helped him back.

As they headed back he made sure things wre safe. Re-opening the hatch he jumped down and then he helped him down. After closing the hatch he quickly looked around the place until he found the tweezers on the other end of the bed. Letting out a sigh of relif. He sat Leonel down on the bed before taking his shirt off again. After unwrapping the bandages he grimaced at the wound. He Placed the sleve of the shirt in his mouth. " Its going to hurt so bite down when you feel the pain". Dallas didn't hesitate to use the tweezers on his wound. Some blood came out but not alot and eventually the bullet was out.

Wiping the wound with medical wipes he wrapped the area with clean bandages and then plopped down on the bed. " Damn than was some serious shit, never done that before". Dallas ran his hands through his hair and then looked at Leonel. " Your wound should heal properly after awhile.

The moment he first felt the tweezers go inside him he gritted his teeth onto the cloth and moaned in pain
gripping on Dallas's shirt strongly and twitching his shoulders, he trembled strongly and complained
quite loudly for someone so tough, but when the bullet was finally out and he could relax a little he opened
his mouth and began panting strongly and quietly, gripping onto the bed's edges with his hands, looking down,
his expression terribly grim.

"Thank you" he barely could speak, he gripped on Dallas's arm and pulled him closer, his forehead resting on his
shoulder, he couldn't stop trembling, the pain was probably way more than he could mentally bear with, he
was probably just looking for a relief or a shoulder to rely on for a moment only.

The sound of Leonel's screaming made Dallas feel bad about using the tweezers to get the bullet out but he was sure as hell was when it was over. When he heard Leonel thank him he shook his head quickly. " Theres no need, that bullet had to come out". Dallas looked at his face. He knew he was completly out of it and needed his rest. His body was trembling as he rest his head on his shoulder. Looking at him for a moment he slowly layed him down on the bed and then put the blanket over him.

" You need to get some rest". He spoke while going into his bag. His back hurt like hell from the floor and he didn't want to admit it to himself. He decided it wouldn't be so bad and the bed was big enough. Dallas walked back over to the bed and layed down. Using his jacket to keep him warm he made sure he checked on Leonel.

The lad fell asleep almost instantly after he got laid down by Dallas, unable to speak another word
he closed his eyes and fell asleep, unconscious about what was going on, when Dallas lied down by his side
he didn't react at all, he was too deep asleep out of exhaustion caused by the pain so he probably didn't even
know what had happened when the next morning he was on top of Dallas's chest, clinging onto his shirt
and very comfortable.

When he finally woke up at first he only moved a little to be more comfortable, but then he came back into reality and opened
his eyes wide in the result of finally realizing something was very wrong, he had no shirt and he was lying on top of another
man, this was obviously to make him rose up supported by his hands and staring directly into Dallas.
"Hey!"

Dallas was comfortable in his dream sate. He was pictureing the world in a completly diffrent view from what it was. Back when there was plently of food, clothes and everyone was laughing. Right in the middle of his dream he was woken up by a voice none other than Leonel's. Rubbing his eyes he blinked slowly, still wishing he was sleep. When he finally got his eyes to stay open he realized Leonel's face was inches from his and he was ontop of him.

He was just as shocked but then chuckled. " I didn't think that you were the cuddling type of person". A slight smile formed on Dallas face before he layed his head back on the pillow. Dallas didn't feel like moving. Especially when he was extremly comfortable. Eventually he sat up and slid his body from under Leonel's. In a way he sill wanted to be in bed with Leonel. It was comfortable. Dallas amde his way over to his bag and took out a small water bottle and took a few gulps. " You must be thirsty, here drink". He handed him the water before taking a seat at the table.

When Dallas spoke he blushed but made an aggressive face, then looked away and moved when
the man stood up from his lying spot before he offered a bottle of water, Leonel looked at it and took it,
staring at it for a moment, before he gave it a long gulp and gave it back to him.

"I'm not... the cuddling type." he mumbled looking away in anger.
He then looked down while hugging his stomach in an aching reaction and looked back at him "What do
we do now?" he asked, a bit down on his spirits.

Dallas could see that leonel was pissed but he could also see the blush as well. Gladly taking the watter bottle back he placed it on the table and then looked at the man. " Suuuure your not the cuddling type". Finishing his sandwich he thought about was Leonel said. " Well first once you heal your self we can look around and see what other things we can gather, then mabey another place".

Walking over to the bed he sat down and then chuckled. " Well grumpy if your in some pain i can give you some medicene or we could i dont know..". Leanig over he wispered in his ear " I could take care of you". A smirk formed on his lips and he got up from the bed to look for the pills when he found then he handed him two and then opened the hatch checking above for any activity. " Well its somewhat clear". Dallas took a seat in one of the chairs and then looked at his gun.

Leonel brushed a hand trough his face and then both hands trough his hair, then he turned to look at
Dallas and how calm he seemed to be, silently moving away when he approached, and when he could feel his breath on his neck,
he shoulders twitched and his mind almost went blank and as he was about to punch him away, he was already handing him
some pills for the pain and looking outside, he only looked away.

"Thanks" he mumbled before taking the bottle of water and drinking the pills, and then laying his back down onto the
wall, siting fully on the bed, and taking his riffle between his hands once more, "I think we should go to the subway tunnels, not
even the worst mafia goes in there because it's way too dark" he began talking, his tone as severe as always "If we manage
to find at least one source of light, whether it be a light catcher or an oil lamp we'd make it because there's a lot of oil
in the tunnels, but taking in mind we'd have to go inside a big place to look for one, a camping shop or a super mall I'd say
that's pretty far from range..." He then closed his eyes "Or we could just stay here, no one's found it, and if they do I shoot them"

Dallas knew that Leonel was giving the situation thought when he talked about taking the subway tunnels. He never thought about doing that mostly because of the reason Leonel said. It was dark and he had no idea what was down there. If they went they would deffinitally need some flashlights and two at that. Making sure he took the pills Dallas looked at his gun and then at his hands. " Im going to go out and find some food, were running low and while im up there ill check for some sorce of light".

At this point in time Dallas was glad it was dark out because it was easier to sneak past people. Placing his gun under his shirt he opened the hatch and checked around. " Stay your ass down here those pills will make you drowsy and I cant afford for you to get hurt". Dallas paused because he sounded like he cared. Did he? Even though Leonel had that rough side to him he was still soft underneath all those walls and Dallas was planning on finding out.

As soon as he climbed out the hatch he looked around and then closed it. From his view he could see some thugs chatting near an alleyway. Taking a quick dash a few blocks he slipped into a diffrent alley way. Looking around he found nothing but a damn lighter. Shaking it he was thankful there was liquid in it but it wouldn't be enough to last. As he kept walking Dallas noticed some bags of chips and things stashed. Only as he got closer did he realize it was the thugs hideout. Timeing their movements he grabed two bags at a time and then he saw that a thug had a flashlight on him.

When the man walked past he grabbed him and instantly put him in a sleeper hold. It took a moment of struggling but the mans movements stopped. Dragging his body behind a trash can he took the flashlight and then the pocket knife and the smaller light on him. As he headed back he heard someone run over to him. Before he could move he was tackled to the floor and his body was in pain. The guy tried to strangle him but Dallas rembered the knife and he reached for it and plunged the knife into the mans stomach. To his supprise the man kept lunging at him. Using his force Dallas kicked the man of. Before he knew it he sliced the mans throat and blood spattered.

His hands were trembling and he looked at the man before grabbing the things and running back. Dropping down from the hatch he closed and locked it behind him and placed the items on the table. Dallas took a seat and then stared out at nothing in particualr.

Leonel remained still and brushed both hands trough his face and hair once more, what Dallas said was true, the pills
were relaxing his body so much he was very sleepy and couldn't withstand the sensation of drowsiness he was feeling
and as an extra he couldn't take what Dallas had said off his mind, so without even noticing it, he slided on the wall and
onto the bed, falling asleep in a funny position.

By the time Dallas returned he didn't even notice, but the sound of the hatch closing like that woke him up with a sudden
twitch of his shoulders and he rose from the bed with the help of his shoulders, looking at the man with quite a calm look on his face
"You've killed haven't you"

Dallas tapped his hand on the table in a slow then fast rythm. His eyes were closed and he keped picturing the blood and the mans face as he slit the thugs throat. He didn't think that it would get that serious so quick. In his mind Dallas pictured him knocking him out or that that once stab would do the trick but instead it forced him to kill the guy. For the first time he took someone's life but..he didn't regret it.

Mabey his mind was trying to lie to him so he wouldn't think about it as much but then again...Hearing Leonel's voice question him about killing made him snap out of his thoughts and turn to face him. " Yeah i did". Dallas got up from the chair and then pulled off his stained shirt. Just great now he needed new clothes as well. Undoing his pants and pulling them off he made his way to the bed and got comfortable.

Leonel raised an eyebrow and then looked back at the wall, as if he were extremely uncomfortable,
he moved away from him a little bit more until he was sitting on the edge of the bed, he then turned to look
at him once more "I remember my first killing." he began talking "I was about 19, when the world wasn't such a mess yet,
'self defense' they called it. I didn't mean to kill anyone, but that's what happened. The man that I killed had tried to mug me,
he was aiming at me with a gun and I was scared, I remember thinking that nobody would ever help me...
not even my boyfriend, so I had to take justice by my own hand, I chased the guy, and managed to take his gun and shot him.
I don't think killing in today's world is really all that bad. I believe... you were defending yourself, whatever happened." he finished and
rose back into his feet, sitting on the ground, obviously he was uncomfortable on the way Dallas had just stripped and
lied down there like it were nothing, but it bothered Leonel, and in a great manner.

Dallas watched Leonel move until he was at the edge of the bed. Confused he sat up and then listned to him talk about his first kill. It was only when he mentioned boyfriend that he was stunned. So he likes men? Do I make him feel uncomfortable?. It wasn't that he was doing anything on pourpose but he was comfortable when he had the least clothing on.

He watched the man stand up and then take a seat on the floor with a bothered look on his face. " Is it uncomfortable being around me? I mean are you really that disgusted by me?". Dallas got up from the bed and then threw on his jacket zipping it up. Walking over to Leonel who was on the floor he crouched down so that their faces were inches apart. " Why are you so difficult?".

Leonel flinched, he looked away when Dallas was coming close, thinking back of the time he was with Raymond
all over again, and the first thing he expected to feel when Dallas was just inches away, was pain, but instead he
heard those questions, turning to look at him but only by the corner of his eyes "It's not... that. I don't feel disgusted
by you.." he replied, expecting his answer would be good enough as to avoid himself an ordeal "It's just that I'm not...
comfortable." he shrugged and turned his face away.

Difficult. That word brought memories to him that he'd pretty much rather bury away very much under the ground so
they wouldn't come back to the surface ever again, but they were coming back, mainly because of Dallas's actions,
everything just felt too familiar, too dangerous, he didn't like it, his memories, all his night terrors, everything was coming back to him
because of just a few simple words "Why are you so difficult?" he glared fiercely and hissed softly "What do you care anyway?"

Dallas saw Leonel flinch when he approached him. " So your not comfortable being around me? Why not?". He never thought that he was the problem and it actually schocked him. Backing up slightly he kept his body crouched but he was careful not to touch Leonel. Everytime they were close..too close he would flip out. Dallas kept thinking about the words Leonel said. Was he really that bothered by him?. After a few seconds he stood up fustrated.

" Are you really that stupid? What kind of question is that, of course i care about you! But every time I try to show you that i do you act like this tought guy who cant show his feelings so fuck it". Dallas ruffled his hair in fustration and grabbed the bag of chips off the table. The one person he cared about was dead and the other was to full of it to realize that he truly did.

Leonel hissed at this yelling and stood up, his wound stinging from raising up so abruptly and parted his lips
"Just get the hell away from me!" he began, he had snapped "You know nothing of me, you barely know me of a few days!
And what's more, what do you care about the way I act, it's MY problem, not yours, I'm only with you because
it's safe, but if you want to, I'll leave right fucking now!" he slammed a hand on the table, he was furious.
He had began to confuse reality with his memories.
Again.

Dallas was on the verge of getting up from the table when he heard Leonel's voice. He flinched in shock and then blinked as he watched the man spazz out. " Yeah thats true but still..". Leonel's words were over powering his at the moment and all Dallas could do was listen. As the man talked Dallas stood up and then placed his arms up.

He could tell Leonel wasn't even paying attention. " Whoa what are you talking about". When he slammed his hand on the table Dallas just did the one thing that shot into his mind. Reaching out he pulled Leonel into his arms and held him close. Dallas made sure he had a grip on him in case he tried punching. " Nobody wants you to leave, stop making it hard for me to care, why can you let someone care about you?".

He flinched strongly this time and began struggling agaisn't him, he obviously wasn't fond of the contact
and he was trembling already "Let go off me!" he began yelling "What do you want from me!?" he did try
punching and he did try kicking, he actually tried everything just to get rid off Dallas, and after five long and
stressing minutes, he finally calmed down a little, getting back to reality, Dallas's words making an echo on
his mind, he probably repeated them inside his head over and over before he looked up at him "Dallas you..."

He didn't know what to say, nor how to begin to explain what had just happened to him. He simply knew he wasn't
aware of what the past was, and what reality was, but in all that the stinging sensation of his wound came back
and he let out a wimp, and clung onto the man's shirt "Sorry I .... I snapped..."
trying his best not to make him
ask any questions he didn't feel like responding, but it was bad enough already how hysterical he had just been,
as to not ask any questions at all.

Dallas continued to hold on to Leonel as he tried to fight his way out of his grip. When he eventually stopped Dallas was relived. He didn't know what Leonel was thinking or what made him act the way he did but he knew he wasn't going to ask him. Especially right after he relaxed himself and calmed down. When Leonel looked up at him and gripped his shirt he just held him closer.

" Its fine you dont have to apologize". Dallas used a hand to cup Leonel's face and then he stared at him long and hard before he brushed his lips against his. Dallas had no clue what was going through his head because it was likely that Leonel would spazz out. Slowly he backed away and then walked over to the bed and sat down.

He froze, at first he felt safe on the man's arms, he was happy for just a few seconds, but when he felt the warm
hand of Dallas's on his face, and the kiss he had just received, he froze, he simply could not even begin to realize
what to say or do anymore, it was confusing, way too confusing, at first Dallas said that he cared, but now he had
just kissed him, he felt like high school all over again, and as Dallas walked away to sit on the bed, he only followed
with his eyes opened widely, he was way too confused for his own likings.

"What... what was that just now?" he asked, his tone obviously confused, his body cold. "I ... what you... what's going on?" he snarled.