5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
So, if you edit an earlier post in a thread in Groups, it drops the thread down in the sorting order based on the day you posted the message you edited.

I understand that the sentence is hard to follow, I have trouble following it even when I read it back to myself.

As a real-world example, I have a reading guide thread for the Ilium group. I created the thread on April 20. If I go back and edit the post that was made on April 20 (which is the first post which contains all the pertinent information), the system will re-order the thread so that it believes the last post was made on April 20, which can cause it to fall in thread order and in some cases can cause a thread to fall off the front page.

This is EVEN IF the most recent post is not on April 20 (which it was not). It also doesn't have to be a thread created by you. I went back several pages on the Random Fandom thread in the Ilium Lounge group and found one of the earliest posts I could edit. I edited it and it immediately dropped Random Fandom off the front page.

This is not USUALLY a problem because most of the time nobody goes back to edit the posts they've made a significant amount of time ago, but it can cause issues when, like the reading guide, someone wants to edit the first post to keep it up to date. I don't want to have to keep bumping the thread just so that it can stay in plain view.

A sort of patch-up (but not a fix) for this would be to allow Stickies in Groups.