Large Scale World Building Roleplay?

What Genre for a Worldbuilding Roleplay?

• Total voters

Absyinthe_Artica

Creator of Worlds
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Everyday
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Sc-fi, Horror, Steampunk, anything really
I don't have an exact idea/theme for the world, but how about a group/large scale world building roleplay? Would any one be interested? If you are pick a genre to do!

Actually, given that everyone is open to listen and work things out, this would be one of the few instances of 4+ players rps I would be interested in. Though Macabre sound best to me at the moment, mixing it with other genres would be absolutely rad. c:

If we can find a few more people I'll write up a start point/group!

Dropping some interest.

Do you have anything concrete in mind, or are you simply testing the waters?

Definitely interested!

Dropping some interest.

Do you have anything concrete in mind, or are you simply testing the waters?
I'm more so testing the waters, I have a few flimsy ideas but they aren't anything completely solid.
I''m open to suggestions!

Oh and the poll has more votes for realistic fiction genre. Is that what everyone is okay with?

Realistic fiction is still very broad.

Will we be creating an alternate earth? Something else entirely? What about geography? What exact time period will we place it in (I'm an advocate for something post WWII technologically wise)? Is it largely following our own world history?

What Is realistic fiction?

I see it as something contemporary or from the recent past. My own suggestion is thus (not surprisingly) something set in a time period 1950s till present day. I'm not sure what other people's take on 'realistic fiction' might be. For me it also reminds me of Tom Clancy's works.

For me realistic fiction is a work of fiction set in some type of time period. But that's just me. I think an alternate universe would be kind of cool. hmm

Should we make this a group or just a thread? ^.^

Generally world-building stuff works better in a group. Lets you have tabs dedicated to portions of world info, plots, etc.

Okay I'll make a group and link you guys.

I'm thinking realistic fiction- it's easier to work with (for the most part)