Large Anime Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reach

Anyone up for something like this?

I'm down for one with action, romance, supernatural, or just a mix. How about one large anime story that cant be put into one single category?

I don't have a finalized idea, so anyone wanna help out???

Would the characters be canon, OCs, or a mixture of both? :3

This kind of idea sounds like it has a lot of potential!

This sounds interesting. Maybe some sort of magic steam/cyberpunk setting.

@rechonq

That sounds cool. Personally, I've never done a cyberpunk RP, but I've done a few steampunk RPs.

But, let's really think of a setting that we won't get tired of.

A setting you won't get tired of?

Then why not make one that's continuously adapting and changing?

Pardon me for chipping in, but I love building plots and worlds.

How about a fantasy country that has varying levels of technology depending on the area? It'd be up to ya'll how big the kingdom/country is. Maybe the capital is the most technologically advanced, with hover cars and schools of magic and such. While the southern deserts have lower technology levels due to lack of access/materials.

Additionally, I find that adding on different concepts prevents an RP from getting boring. Maybe add in a new location, magic type, weapon type, etc, to spice things up once in awhile! Maybe instead of just traveling freely, you have to earn/unlock certain locations by doing quests?

Reactions: utsu
I'm confused by what you mean by "anime story" anime isn't a genre it is a medium, and since it's ocs only in an original setting its just... An original (modern?) fantasy rp with some anime-inspired elements I guess? Like where does the "anime" part fit in here, that's what I'm confused about?

Reactions: Ottriman
Well it is pretty obvious were not actually going to be creating an anime unless someone here has some intense skills and is secretly using this to make a potentially awesome anime. o.O Anime is filled with it's own tropes and style though and this story is going to probably be running along those lines. Although if someone does turn this into an actual anime I would demand to see it.

Also in some broad cases Anime is a genre. In genre lists with only a few options, they will list anime as it's own. Netflix is one example that does that.

@rechonq

I wasn't planning on making it an anime but I do draw, so maybe every once in a while, I'll show some pictures of our RP! Also, you seem to have answered Autumn's question like how I would've answered it.

@Mami Tomoe

That sounds very interesting, a world where both magic and advanced technology exist. However, this sounds like the setting of A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun.

I enjoy magical-fantasy settings, but it'd be cool if we went a different route.

I've been thinking of bringing back this one idea that I brought to Iwaku many months ago:

Cherry Blossom Children.

So, it went like this:

The Blood-Soaked Petals Incident: an event that happened in Hanamono, Japan (a fictional place). On the night of March 20th, the starting day of the national Cherry Blossom Festival, 269 people were mysteriously slaughtered, all at once.

The incident received national attention, and would pique the interest of the Hanatsumi Police Department.

The HPD are interesting people. They are the only group of licensed "magic" users in all of Hanamono.

Soon, many murders begin to transpire, making a trail to the truth: What really happened that night?

In the world of Cherry Blossom Children, magic is a pretty rare and powerful thing, only used by police or those who have licenses. Of course, there are people who use magic illegally.

@Reach
Sorry. I'm not really a fan of settings where magic is hardly used and/or rare. So I'll have to bow out of this one.

@Reach

Your setting sounds sort of like Bungou Stray Dogs now. I liked that series though, so I'm still pretty interested.

@Mami Tomoe

Thanks for taking somewhat of an interest.

@rechonq

I've heard of Bungou Stray Dogs. Never watched it.

The difference between the two I guess would be that Cherry Blossom Children is more "colorful"?

I too, would prefer a setting where magic is a little bit more common than what you've mentioned.

Maybe make it a backstory kind of thing where special bloodlines are the only others known to have magic. If you want to make something rare, explanations, simple or complex, work.

I want an RP where other races, particularly certain yokai, can be played. Maybe make them staff? Familiars? Turn this into Scooby Doo via the obligatory talking animal?

Very interesting concept, and I would love to join in.

To add my own little tidbit might I suggest that magic aspect be more forbidden then rare. You could even make that a large part of the story.

Perhaps, there are some individuals with power that could lock a person's innate ability to harness magic. On top of that, naturally magic not being something everyone could do.

Ooh, this sounds interesting~
Count me in right now.

@Tarieles
@Sanctus
@Crow
@Mami Tomoe

Essentially, I combined all of the ideas to satisfy everyone's wants and needs!

After some thinking, I've decided that magic is a common thing. However, if you do not have a license for magic use, then you're deemed as am "Illegal Magic User" or "IMU", which draws the attention of the Hanatsumi Police Department. Magic in the world of Cherry Blossom Tree has tons of different uses.

The licensing process is a strange one though. Essentially, before they look into your family lineage to see if you have any relation to any ancient practitioners of forbidden magics, a test must be taken to measure someone's "Nama-mado", natural magical force. One who's Nama-mado is extremely low can be classified as "Lessers". Those with the normal Nama-mado levels are classified as "Middles". Those with higher levels are known as "Greaters". Your Nama-mado level is measured by a week-long process. During this process, you are required to practice some of the basic magics.

Being related to a practitioner of forbidden magic one will have you declined and deprived of magic, maybe even jailed depending on the circumstance. (maybe this calls for a revolution later in the story)

Magic has even been made into a renewable energy called Mado. It's used in all modes of transportation (except for like, bikes and motorcycles). Mado can basically turn certain objects into vehicles as well. Still tired and comfortable, use Mado to literally make your bed mobile while also resting.

Of course, there are places that do not allow magic use. These places usually have materials that negate even the smallest kinds of magic.

As far as other creatures, there are beings who are made of magic. Majis are formed when high levels of dense Mado clash together. The results of the clash create beings with unusual characteristics, so there is never two Majis who look the same (if you want your character be one, you can get creative with the appearance).There are Majis that can be crafted as well. Think of it like build-a-bear. You can go into a shop and have a being made, one who's will is under the user's control. This is expensive though.

Reactions: Tarieles
I really like this idea, especially the addition of the Maji's. It looks like a really interesting setting that has a lot to give.

Love the updated story, still on board. :) If you need us to play a villian too I am down for that. :D

@Sanctus

As far as a villain, I've come up with a group so we can play multiple villains.

The Black Society: A group of IMUs who are related to the ancient spellcasters, the ones who performed the rituals required for forbidden magic.

Practitioners of forbidden magics must follow the magic's rules. For instance, for a magic named Vile, the user might need their opponent to stay in a specific area for a while, if he fails to do so, the user's magic will be canceled.

There will also be gangs and stuff, so we'll be having lots of fun.

There's an Academy for the Magical Arts, a place that focuses on increasing one's Nama-mado.

There's lots to do!

I'm going to start putting my character ideas up on the wiki, so you guys can see some of my plans.

Feel free to make both a Legal Magic User, and an Illegal Magic User (Black Society or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.