2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Romance, Yaoi, Modern, Slice of Life, Omegaverse, etc
Look it's that one hermit staff that occasionally comes out of their cave making a general chatting thread oooooOOoOOoo spooky 👻

Anywho I'm curious so I have decided it's poll time baby 👉👉 People of Iwaku, do you roleplay using your mobile or laptop? And why do you prefer the one over the other?

I'll start, I exclusively use my mobile for replies and even staffing stuff. With arthritis the position of using a keyboard is really painful and I feel like using a laptop makes me sit weird with messes with other stuff 😂 plus I'm super slow typing on my computer and my computer doesn't have autocorrect like my phone. So for me phone is a clear winning but I'm curious how other people feel about this debate. I do use laptop for coding though as no way in hell I'm doing that on mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
For chatting and short forum replies like this one, I'll use my phone (doing it now 😂)

But for actual RP responses, I type so much faster on my laptop. If I won't be able to get to my computer for a while I can write up a response on mobile , but I hate doing it.

First of all I have a FULL SIZED GAMING RIG OUT PC.

But prior to that, I exclusively used my laptop. Because my phone is and will always continue to be garbage, and how on earth can anyone write anything on those things. O_O I barely remember my phone even exists half the time.

First of all I have a FULL SIZED GAMING RIG OUT PC.

But prior to that, I exclusively used my laptop. Because my phone is and will always continue to be garbage, and how on earth can anyone write anything on those things. O_O I barely remember my phone even exists half the time.
It's so interesting to me how different people can be 😂 cause for me I type like a bullet using my phone and molasses on a laptop. I took laptop classes all through school too and still hate typing on them!

PMs and chatting on my phone, actually replies on my laptop (although sometimes they're handwritten first). Trying to write on my phone is so bad for the ADHD. Just like. So bad. I'll get halfway through a paragraph and my brain will be like "but we could be watching Ace Attorney Let's Plays right now..."

Reactions: Sorrelfur
Mobile is much easier, in my opinion, it's easier to reply to PM's and thread responses :)

• Love
Laptop for replies and serious messages. Short and easy things can be done on the phone.

Mobile....(I use my tablet too). Mobile is quick and easy. Same thing as the tablet. My laptop is so ancient, they don't even make the model anymore. On top of that, the darn thing seems to have a mind of its own. If I am typing up something on word it'll click out of the document and will not open until an hour later among all the other issues. Probably should get a new one but I'm good with my phone and tablet for now.

Last edited:
  • Love
I'm do glad I'm not entirely alone in using my mobile for replies 😂 still in the minority it seems but not alone wooooo

Reactions: Eden
I'm do glad I'm not entirely alone in using my mobile for replies 😂 still in the minority it seems but not alone wooooo
You are definitely not alone. Back in the day before I had a tablet or even a laptop, I had a blackberry phone that I did most of what could be done on it. It got so bad the key buttons started to break off lol. I do miss my blackberry.

• Haha
I use my PC for almost everything. I get so distracted on my phone (plus it's in French, so when I type in English, it tries to autocorrect everything into French instead which gets super annoying.)

I use my laptop when my PC isn't available, aka I'm on vacation... Like right now, pfft.

laptop or desktop, i need the screen real estate so i can have what i'm replying to, on one side, and my reply on the other. I used to do more replies on my phone when I commuted but now I can't be bothered + I skip around a lot between paragraphs and move things around which is a pain to do on the phone

I used to make posts from my phone way back when, but I can't anymore.
As I rped more and more any my posts got better and longer, I have a harder time typing on a phone for that long

I type fast on a keyboard, and I also like to code my posts. Ergo, I'm a desktop guy.

Also, I didn't get a smartphone until 2016-ish? Meanwhile I've been using computers regularly since I was 8.

People who use mobile phones to write whole ass RP posts give me the fear.

laptop, my eyesight sucks and phone screens are too small to do anything on it. x-x

Laptop hands down. I'm such a cluz with little buttons, my stubby fingers are awful using anything smaller than a keyboard, and even then I struggle!

Neither.

I refuse to RP unless I'm on my desktop computer, with my custom mechanical keyboard that crisply goes clack clack clack.

Reactions: Slaynoir
Ehm.. neither...

I usually use my (tower) PC.

I almost never go "on the internet" via my Mobile and while I have a Laptop.. that one is mostly for when I work at the library or during lectures/seminars and so on (in essence, mostly work stuff)

Laptop. My typing is too clunky on a touchscreen.