Lantern & WolfOfProphecys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosa takes pictures of the scars and bruises, shaking her head. She places her phone back into her pocket and then looks to him. "Why couldn't you just tell me? I thought we were friends" She says softly.

Oliver twitched at the photos she took, but didn't once try to take the phone from her, "W-We are…. I just…. I didn't want anyone to know…." He mumbled, "Please don't tell anyone….don't show them"

Rosa sighs. "You don't want anyone to know until something serious happens. I'm seriously going to show my mum when I get home, your parents can be arrested for this kind of abuse. Sick, sick, sick" She snaps.

Oliver flinched at her snapping, and gave a soft whimper, "I-Its not their fault. I…I don't listen to them, I don't do anything right. Its my fault, not theirs, so you can't" He pleaded, "They're all I have"

Rosa felt bad for getting all snappy about the situation and hugs him slightly. "I'm sorry. You can always stay with me, we have a spare bedroom and everything. I'll come with you after school to get your things, with my mum if you like" She says softly.

Oliver was scared of what was happening, and shook his head, "I..I wouldn't want to invade anyones space. I'm fine Rosa, I'm used to it. Its happened since I was…..young. I can't remember it not happening. So please, just…leave it?" He asked, feeling rather small and afraid

Rosa looks to him and began to walk away. "See you, I guess" She says sadly and then began to head to class when she heard the bell go.

Oliver lowered his head, feeling as though he had just lost a friend, which he likely had. But he was happy that she was leavin the subject, but decided, after a painful step, that PE would show the teachers something was wrong, and so he hid in a dark, empty classroom for the entire lesson, drawing in his sketchbook

When Rosa got home, she told her mum about the issues and showed her the bruises from her mobile. She did it to help Oliver, as she was worried things would grow worse. She had shown it to a police officer too. Her family would be tested for a few days, until they knew that her family would be the right living environment for Oliver. The police officers had gone around to where Oliver lived and arrested his parents.

Oliver had been at home when the police had appeared. He had howled and kicked at the officers who tried to take him into the car, just so they could keep him safe. He was panicking, breathing heavily and fast, eyes wide as his father and mother were handcuffed and led to the car. Not five minutes before Oliver had been beaten for being late, and more bruises, over his back and chest, had already began to appear as he was gently led into the back of a separate police car, and was allowed to curl up in the back, tears running down his face

Rosa sat in her bedroom as she watches the police car sped past. She felt bad, but knew she had done the right thing. When she went back to school, she was worried Oliver would be mad at her and wouldn't be her friend anymore.

Oliver was allowed to school the next day, and was driven in by one of the police officers. Two of them, a couple, had taken him in for a few days, and the boy hadn't said much since. He was silent as he walked into school, feeling the eyes on him. In a community like this the news would of speed quickly. He hurt, having refused the polices advice to be seen at the hospital, and fell into his chair at the rear of the class

Rosa wanders over and sat beside him, pulling out her things. "Are you okay? I'm really sorry about everything" She says, softly.

Oliver stayed silent, his hands shaking as he started to do his work. He was clearly upset, as he hadn't spoken since he had moved into the police car when his parents had been arrested

Later in the day, Rosa had sat with him at lunch. She slips her hand into his. "I'm really sorry about everything, I just felt so worried for you. You'll be okay now" She says, softly.

Oliver gently pulled his hand away from hers, "Y-You don't understand..." He whimpered, clearly struggling not to break down, "E-Everyone blames m-me... Asks q-questions... I don't know w-what to do..." He trailed off stood, and left the hall, not talking to anyone again. She had been the only one had had talked to, and it had only been for a few seconds

Rosa stood up and followed him. She reaches out and then gently tugs him to a stop. "Please? You can't just walk away from the situation like this. You're going through a hard time, and I know it's horrible that your parents went to jail, but what they were doing to you was clearly wrong and no teenager deserves to be treated that way" She says softly.
(Sorry!)

Oliver fought not to flinch when she grabbed him and made him stop, but didn't turn toward her. He didn't want her to see the silent tears falling down his pale cheeks, or to allow her to study the bruise on his jaw, one of the last punches his father had given to Oliver. "I didn't want it to change... I'd rather have my family back" he whimpered, lowering his head

Rosa looks to him, letting go of her gentle grip. "So you wanted to go back to the same old life you were leading before? It wasn't even a life. All I'm doing is trying to help you, but you keep on pushing me away like I'm nothing" She says. "I'm not even gonna ask about your jaw" She sighs. "Oh, who am I kidding, you don't listen to anyone" She says.

"I don't... I don't want my old life but... I'm lost without it" Oliver mumbled, "I'm not trying to push you away I just... I don't want to hurt you" he said softly, glancing at her, "It's the only thing I'm good for.... Being hurt, and hurting others"

Status
Not open for further replies.