Lantern & tip_and_slide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calum walks into school the beginning of exam week, confident. He studied extremely hard, and he knew he would do well. He was excited, actually. This was his last exam week before leaving for college, he thought it was cool,

Katia did pretty well during exam week and she was honestly proud of herself. After exam week, when the next day would be graduation she smiles at Calum, as she held onto his hand during math class, like she always did during lessons.

"What're your plans for after graduation?" She wrote with her free hand.

Calum sighed. "College. But before that, I wanted to move out or something. I have so many siblings, it's really cramped in my house.." He chuckles.

Katia smiles gently. 'You can always stay with me. My parents got me a small house' She says softly.

Calum looks at her, a big smile on his face. "Really? That would be so cool..!" He gives her hand a slight squeeze.

Katia giggles softly and squeezes his hand back. Once the day of graduation came, she couldn't have felt more proud of herself. To think that she had gone through school and it was all over. Some people complained about going through years of boredom and now all they had received was a piece of paper and a handshake. Once school was over, she looks over at Calum and hugs him gently.

Calum returns the hug Katia gave him and kissed the top of her head gently. "I'm so proud, you got through school with barely one complaint." He smiles. "Adulthood sounds scary, but its something we should all be proud of."

Katia blushes and smiles, holding onto his hand gently. The following day, she arrived at his house with her things, bundled in her arms. That day they would be moving to her new house. She rung his doorbell gently. She had said goodbye to her family before she arrived.

An older boy, about 25 answers the door. He looks at Katia and smiles. "Hey. Calum will be out in a second, he's saying goodbye to his parents.." Calum could be seen hugging his mom before walking over to Katia. "You ready Katia?" He gives her a gentle nudge and gathers his suitcases and bags.

Katia nods and then took hold of his hand gently, blushing. She then began to walk in the direction of their home. It was beautiful, and just the right size for them, with a spare bedroom. She gets out the keys and them bundles inside of the house, putting her stuff down. The delivery people would be coming later on to place the bigger furniture for the house.

Calum walks around and observes the house. He smiles. "It's perfect..."

Katia nods. Throughout the day, she spent the entire time sitting on the floor, curled up until finally the delivery truck pulled up. She helped as much as she could to shift the furniture, then payed the furniture shifters. She began to shift the furniture around herself, changing around the spots they had been placed in. She began to move the sofa a little, struggling to push it.

Calum helped Katia push it along. "Where are we putting this..?" He asks gently while smiling. He thought it was kinda cute that she struggled with it, but he was happy to help.

Katia points vaguely over in a direction and once everything was set up, she goes into the kitchen to make something to eat. She looks out of the window, it was getting later. She sighed and then fumbles into her pocket and gets out a letter. She had a hospital appointment with her doctor the following day. It was just a check up for her hearing. She sighed. Being deaf wasn't an easy life. It was hard to lead a life without sound. It was a dull world at times.

Calum nodded and shoved the couch to where she pointed. He moved around a few more things and wandered into the kitchen. He sees Katia and sighs.

You alright? Is it another appointment?

Calum wrote on a whiteboard of his own.

Katia just shrugs and scrunches up the paper and puts it aside like it was nothing. She continues to cook and then serves the food up. She placed the plates onto the dining table and took a seat.

Calum eats silently. He knew Katia was upset, so he tried brightening up the mood. "Those cooking classes really payed off..!"

Katia giggles gently at him. The following morning she began to get ready for her doctors appointment. She sat at her makeup vanity and then began to comb her hair. She had already put on a simple outfit.

Calum wakes up late the next morning. He still tries navigating the new house, he just moved in yesterday. He greeted Katia with a big smile. "Morning.."

Katia smiles weakly and then picked up her whiteboard.

'Morning. I'm gonna head to my doctors appointment. I'll see you later' She wrote and stood up.

Status
Not open for further replies.