Lands of Lemea (OOC/Signups)

This looks like it could be an interesting rp I just have a few questions if you don't mind:

I noticed that it was mentioned that the Kingdom of Rheas has the strong belief of equality for all and that slavery is outlawed there. Now does that mean that some of the nations do allow and use slaves, if so which would those be.

What are your thoughts on the cost of magic within this universe? Is there different costs for different braches or would that more apply to the character and how we want to approach the problem. For instance I was thinking of a character that would have to make little blood sacrifices to preform spells that required more base magic than she processes.
Are we going with magic being inherited, borrowed/taken from a naturally magical creature, or with it being more of a developed trait?

I noticed that it was mentioned that the Kingdom of Rheas has the strong belief of equality for all and that slavery is outlawed there. Now does that mean that some of the nations do allow and use slaves, if so which would those be.
Slavery is common in all human countries except Rheas.
In Alagora there is two types of slavery - brought slaves from Lowenar or Ainyas (captured Geworian soldiers) which are mostly humans with a few non-humans mixed in. The other type is debt slavery - AKA when free but poor citizens fail to pay back a dept they are sentence to being slaves for some time.
In Geworia only those of the non-state religion and non-humans may be slaves with the first usually being dept slaves and the second usually being slaves for life (if not killed for being believed to be demon-spawn).
Most human countries have similar systems. Of non-humans Orcs must be noted for keeping slaves, human or non-human (with the exception of Orcs) alike.
What are your thoughts on the cost of magic within this universe? Is there different costs for different braches or would that more apply to the character and how we want to approach the problem. For instance I was thinking of a character that would have to make little blood sacrifices to preform spells that required more base magic than she processes.
Most magic does not require a physical cost but is a tasking mental task. Mars is the planet that governs (amongst other) Bloodshed and any magic related to cutting and using blood would probably be a combination of Mars governed and Water element magic.
Are we going with magic being inherited, borrowed/taken from a naturally magical creature, or with it being more of a developed trait?
Trough being born from a mage increases the chances of being a mage are unrelated to birth.
Rather then birth or taking from magical creatures the ability to use magic is related to one's race - for example roughly a quarter of elves are powerful mages, half are average to above average and the rest are usually below average with less the one in million being almost unable to use magic.
For humans it is a bit different - less then one percent of humans are powerful mages, ten percent is above average and a quarter is average at best with the left over being bellow average or almost unable to use magic. Some ten percent of humanity can't use magic at all.
But pretty much every person can learn some magic if they wish - especially some of the CELESTIAL spells which use the magic power of CELESTIAL bodies instead of that of the caster.

POSTED! Waiting for response(s)!

Interesting; my main idea with my character using blood was to have her be a healer, even though that is not the traditional use within, at least, her family.

And is there a definitive mark to distinguish someone as a "life" slave? Or should we just make something up?

Interesting; my main idea with my character using blood was to have her be a healer, even though that is not the traditional use within, at least, her family.
Like I mentioned all ELEMENTAL magic and CELESTIAL magic has at least a few healing spells. So no issues there.
And is there a definitive mark to distinguish someone as a "life" slave? Or should we just make something up?
Some merchants/nobles do this, usually by branding them with their crest. Most don't through and are content with a simple collar imbued with magic which allows the slave to be tracked and with a crest/name of its owner so its recognized as a life-long slave of that person. In Alagora slaves even have some basic rights (granted to them after the Aldara Slave Rebellion) and branding slaves has been declared a crime (branding is also a crime in a few other countries but for other reasons).

gamer, did you just buy my character MORE alcohol. Welp now he has to go adventure with you guys.

I was planing groups of 3-5 characters or pairs anyways... to promote character interaction without creating to much of a confusion (what would happen in larger groups)...

where is Lowenar, or at least what is it close to? I am having trouble finding its description.

Lowenar is the massive continent body spawning south and east of Everan - roughly replacing both Africa and Asia of our world without the Rea Sea and Suez Peninsula to make them separate bodies of land. It consists of landscapes mostly covered in deserts, jungles, taigas and grasslands. You can find it being mentioned a few times under the Notable Countries outside of Lemea and in the country creation template/blank sheet.

Last edited:
Name: Moyra Derval
Race: human
Country of Birth: Kaymari
Country of Origin: Kaymari

Appearance: Little over 5 feet tall Moyra doesn't make for an overly impressive figure. That combined with a slightly bowed figure, thin build, and a none descript cloak gives the casual observer the impression that she is rather meek. However if approached, strangers will find themselves fixed with an intense stare from her single brown eye. The other remains covered by a strip of cloth tied around her head as a makeshift eye patch. Brown shabby hair has been hastily tied back out of her face and looks to be in desperate need of a trim. Her clothes are earth toned and look worn if very well cared for, and even in nearly all weather she favors long sleeved shirts with high collars, accompanied with plain pants and worn leather boots. If you do catch her with her sleeves rolled up or the top of her shirt opened a bit the scars become painfully obvious. A life outside has left her with tanned skin that creates the perfect background for the white scars to pop up. The largest of which is brand etched just under her right collar bone, two concentric circles with diamond shape at the center. She travels light but she carries a small dagger at her hip, and a pack at her back.

Bio: Moyra likes to say, with a bitter laugh, that she was a bratty kid growing up. Her family was not the wealthiest but there was little want in her life. Over generations the mages in her family line had earned enough that her family did not have to earn much to keep themselves comfortable. And in line with their family traditions she was trained, from early on in life, to use celestial magic. The vast majority of the teachings concentrated on offensive, and war type spells. Contrary as she was at the time she immediately latched onto healing spells, much to her parents distress however, at the time, she just thought that they were set on controlling her life. In reality they knew that healing magic, when combined with drawing power from Mars could lead to a lot of damage for the caster. The message seemed to escape the headstrong girl and at the age of seventeen she packed up a small survival kit and ran away from home with hardly a word to her parents, or brothers.

Not really knowing where else to go, and with only her need for adventure driving her Moyra made her way towards Lowenar. It was a difficult trip, but she was to stubborn to ever admit that she was having any sort of trouble. That is until she found herself in a very wrong place at the worst time. Only with a few months of independence under her belt one night she was woken up by a small group of raiders and after only a brief struggle she was knocked out, collared, and dragged away. When she woke up she found herself chained alongside nearly fifty other individuals in a large camp. Her first instinct was to lash out with any spell that came to mind, but she quickly found out that the collars weren't just for keeping them tethered. That didn't mean she didn't try and fight, it was just after a weeks march with minimal food and water that her will started to break. The men who had captured her were careful about damaging her, a trained mage could fetch a handsome price, but they were not light with the blows that they did deal her. To Moyra is was almost surreal, things sharply snapped back to reality when they made it back to their main post and marked her with their brand.

That first year as a slave is something that she has tried to erase from her memory. Even her closest friends have not been able to drag or coax that story from her. At nineteen she was taken sold to a Geworia mercenary group. The deal that she was given was to heal the members of the group, or be beaten until she did. After several, disagreements, Moyra's will became bent and she ended up being trapped with that group for six years. While she stayed quiet, becoming almost more of a fixture of the group rather than an actual person, she was not sedentary. Practicing and testing her skills when no one was watching. To her misfortune the group that she was with had rather good luck when it came to skirmishes against Seyur, they lost members but there were always just enough to run off and gather a couple more members before trying again. But she was not to be discouraged. The collar around her neck kept her from using magic outside of when they wanted her to, so she had to be careful about how she approached this task. Choosing her timing carefully she waited until they were going after a bigger target, a time when she was almost guaranteed to be near the front lines. When the rest slept she silently weakened their weapons and armor, not enough to be noticed until the battle would be well under way.

The little battle was more of a massacre and in the thick of it Moyra made her escape. The defending Seyur soldiers were quick to aid her but her retreating back presented a fine target, and before the end of the fight she lost an eye as well as gaining several scars to accompany those she had received during healing. Ending up in the Seyur home city she found for the first time in years that she was free and that collar which had restricted her so no longer governed her. For little less than a month she stayed, earning some money with which to buy a passage home. With the nearly constant attacks from the Geworia her skills were needed and she made a fair amount in the time she stayed. She even made some friends among the soldiers and citizens that she treated. It had been so long, so very long since she had been home and she was fearful of what her family might think of her, but the friends she had made were not going to let her give up to easily.

With words of encouragement at her back Moyra returned home, very different from how she had left. She returned home to see that she had two new siblings, twin boy and girl, and she has not stopped spoiling the kids since. But still she found she was restless, the scars of her imprisonment dug deep and she was not satisfied to stay at home with her newfound freedom stretching out before her. It has been three years since she was freed and while she has traveled from one end of Kaymari to the other, with a stop at her parents house a couple times a month when her current job allows it. However recently her family has fell on some harder times. Out of concern for them Moyra will travel back to the nation where she spent so many years a slave.

Personality: Quiet, controlling, and reserved Moyra tends to keep to herself and does not usually go out of her way to make friends with people. In general that usually has to do with the fact that it takes a long while for her to trust anyone. That is not to say that she doesn't trust, it is just that after being forced into being a slave her base level of trust has dropped through the floor. When she does start to open up she is actually pretty relaxed and chill in personality. And while it takes a lot to push her buttons and lash out she can become quite mean when she finally does loose her temper. While she generally tries to be nice to all she meets she has a intense dislike for anyone of Geworian descent, and she will go out of her way to make sure that she never has her back to one or shows any weakness to one.

Combat Skills: Moyra's skills are limited when it comes to combat. She has spent much of her time practicing her healing skills and her time as a slave limited her use of weapons. That being said she can hold her own in the sense that she is good at defending herself. She might not be really able to land a blow but it will be equally hard to get a blow in on her. On very rare occasions she will see the need calls for her to use offensive spells. She avoids this when possible as she is not as trained in these spells and they will drain her mentally as well the usual physical component that comes from tapping into Mars.
Adventuring & Survival Skills:
Other Skills: Keeps her cool very well and so she can often play the voice of reason when tempers flare. Since she doesn't rely on weapons very much she has had to learn to forage and trap her food. A fair amount of traveling has left her with the ability to navigate cross country with relative ease. She is a skilled healer, using both magic and more traditional methods. In combination with her healing abilities and her foraging skills she has learned to identify helpful plants as well as some poisonous ones, but since she doesn't usually deal with killing people her knowledge is limited in this area.

Reason for traveling: To help her family
Other: For reasons known only to herself she still carries the collar that she was forced to wear for so many years at the very bottom of her bag.

Last edited:
Nice. But I will point out two things that are a big no do in the setting:

1. The Military of any country will never use slaves for anything! Military is build around trust in each of the men and women in it and no matter how good a slave behaves there is no way to completely trust a slave.

2. Being from Kaymari means that she is Alagorian citizen and thous can't be sold as a slave in Alagorian lands without a Certificate of Dept from a official. I think that I even pointed out that Alagora only has slaves from other countries, and her being Alagorian is easy to prove, especially if she is a mage (the Alagorian King requires all mages settled in the lands under Alagorian rule to be recorded). Since she was 17 when she escaped she would probably know of this.

Given those two facts I recommend that you rather have her sold into a Geworian mercenary unit that participated in one of the attacks against Seyur or a mixed (multinational) mercenary unit that operated in Belskan. Note that this, especially the second, will mean a much harsher enviroment and treatment.
As for her getting free - a helping hand from a Alagorian trader that noticed her being from his country (he bought and freed her of being a slave), or escape during a battle (especially Geworia against Seyur which wins 3 out of 4 battles and gladly frees any slaves that might escape) might both work just fine.

Sorry for the delayed reply, had some stuff I needed to catch up on. Those changes seem very reasonable, I was just unsure how you were going to be setting up the military structure and such so I winged it. I should have the changes done soon, I am just finishing up a post for another rp.

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to ask of you: where the hell are IC posts? @SereneDeity? @Prince Dragomir? @Tone Deaf?
@WitchChild I hope you managed to conjure ideas for your chara, country and race soon.
@E.T. I am still waiting on those final adjustments so I can accept your character.

Last edited:
Apologies. Been both creatively barren on that front and busy with some essays. Currently doing one on Edvard Munch, the dude who painted the scream

I was waiting for Tone to get a post in, since he's not at the table yet.

I was waiting for Tone to get a post in, since he's not at the table yet.
That's okay ...

Also your new username is slightly disturbing ... for a few reasons ... (Like Dragomir being a Croatian name and be being Croatian (with a English name LOL) ... and all those symbols inserted in it...)

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Rofl. I just like the sound of it, after I saw Vampire Academy. And the symbols I think make it more unique. Changed them around so people can still tag me now. When I had them at the begining the tag wouldn't work.

And the symbols I think make it more unique.
Trust me its unique enough even without them. If you want it to really unique and fit Dargomir make it Knez Dragomir (Knez is the Croatian title corresponding to that of a Prince (as a leader of a independent Principality in this case). BTW the meaning of the name Dragomir would be something akin to "Precious Peace" (-mir, a common ending of some of the oldest known Croatian surnames, comes from Mir or Peace (or World in Russian). Gamer's three line lesion on Croatian stuff ends here.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
I love that, Peace. Going to Change Prince to Kenz now lol thanks.

Now I wonder if someone is going to ask me if I'm Croatian or something lol. Still have to add those symbols I like them. But now my username looks cooler too.