Land of Fey: Introducing Twyx Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was always an unusual feeling, having someone else's hand go through his head space. Still, he was more interested in the Twyx Court, and so his thoughts were there when she shoved her hand through the vacant area above his shoulders. It was like a cold wave of air against his face that chilled to the bone, only without the face or bone to chill. A Curious feeling, even after all the time he'd spent there.

When he was informed that he hadn't introduced himself, he stopped his racing mind, and turned his attention to the question giver, the Princess. "Ah, forgive my manners, my name is Requiem, though most folk call me Req." He told her, before her gaze wandered off to the human. Poor man. Requiem remembered when he was human, and the way that Oberon treated the human brought back feelings of revulsion in him. The fact that the human let himself be treated that way also annoyed him though. "Disgusting..." He muttered quietly, turning away from them.

Celeste took note of the princess's brief subject change about the new Court. Was she trying to hide something or was the red haired girl just being foolish? That was highly illogical however. The yellow eyed fey could not be foolish, not in her line of work. She silently watched as the blushy princess was poking her fingers through the Dullahan's "head" and "body". Celeste may insinuate to be a very curious girl who would take advantage of entering everything that was not her business, but even she was not that curious of the Dullahan. The girl looked away from the princess and the beheaded man for a brief moment then looked back. She needed to think to herself, but she also needed to keep an ear open in case of conversation. Especially if she was invited into said conversation.

The princess's quick subject change brought some interest in the young fey's mind. Why would she try to change the subject about the new Court? Perhaps she was just tired of hearing about it? Or was she planning to become like her traitor brother Trent? She would have to report this to the Queen, but during night fall so her appearance would not be easily seen.

She brought her attention back to the three, absent-minded to the events that were taking play. They had their attention to the human being treated like a pet by the very King. Celeste did not agree with the humans being kept like pets. The only reason she would accept it is if that is what the human has always wanted to do. It was a common sight and does not hold her interest for long.

Reactions: 2 people
The march back was eerily silent. Sealamin kept quiet, leaving only the sound of footsteps and the scraping off the boy he was dragging by the leg. Once again, the elder fey was concentrating with all senses to find his location in the forest. Well, all but one sense, for he could no longer touch the trees now that he was carrying two children, though it sufficed.
Not a word was uttered by the dark fey, despite the joy he may have received from a total overkill, perfect victory without so much as a scratch. Sure, they were children, but Sealamin cared little for age. You were either superior or inferior, and if you dare leave, you should expect to be attacked. Do not go outside if you can't handle the dangers. Practice magic, learn how to handle your sword, for there are no rules outside of the Courts. A kill is a kill, and a kill proves your superiority once again.

Perhaps Trent noticed Sealamin's breathing getting uncomfortably heavier on the way back, perhaps not, but halfway back home Sealamin let go of the boy's leg and let the girl slide off his shoulder. Sealamin removed his shoulder guards and chestplate, they weren't much but enough to protect from a few slashes or a weak magical attack. Amidst the forest, now half naked, he stood for a while, taking deep breaths as he let his head hang backwards. In his hands formed two cylindrical shards of ice with which he proceeded to rub his back. "I am over two thousand years old." He began. "We Fey are granted an immensely long life, but even we die of old age someday." He paused to chuckle a bit before continuing. "If you manage to survive for so long, that is. Tell me, Trent, what do you wish to do with your life. Say you'll live to be my age someday, what will you do in those years?" He asked. Sealamin would be standing here, caressing his back, for a while, so they might as well kill some time with a chat.

A tall and regal fey woman stood a few paces apart from the opulently dressed fey lords and ladies gathered in the vast hall. A gown of ebony spidersilk encased her voluptuous body, its darkness contrasting beautifully with her pale skin. Her raven locks were artfully arranged in an elegant coiffure many human stylists would sell their grandmother to recreate, impossible by mortal means. She wore no jewelry save for a single necklace with an intricate snowflake pendant coming to rest above her cleavage. Silver in color, it shone and glittered innocently.

However, this was no dainty snowflake. Upon closer inspection, the design would be revealed as vastly different. The edges were sharp enough to cut, the lines branching out as tiny little spikes. This was the crest of Silver Frost. Lady Winter Torquil wore it proudly.

Winter loathed these gatherings which was why she had spent decades in isolation. She would've skipped out on this one as well had it not been for the summons with the royal seal. Not attending would be seen as an offense and Winter wasn't suicidal or foolish enough to offend Queen Mab. She wasn't exactly known for her mercy.

Taking a dainty sip of wine, she mulled over the surprising news that had been announced by the queen. She had been initially curious about the new Court, maybe even curious enough to join. The news that it was a 'human friendly' court however, had poured iced water, effectively dousing that tiny flame. She was no friend to humans. To her, they were nothing more than inferior beings, too far below her to warrant notice.

Finally, the official proceedings were over. These affairs could last for days on end as the fey gave little thought to time, unlike the mortals. Winter had stayed for the requisite amount of time and it would be acceptable for her to leave now. She set her glass down on one of the floating trays and headed away from the crowd.

No sooner had she taken a few steps, her ever vigilant guards materialized behind her. A pleased smile touched her lips, shattering her usually cold demeanor for a few moments. Her entire House was well trained and efficient in their jobs, as she tolerated little to no incompetence. Unlike most fey Houses though, they were loyal to their mistress. Each and every single one of them would die for her and she for them. Winter actually cared about the well-being of her servants. A concept that was foreign to the Unseelie.

"We'll be departing now." She announced without breaking stride as they fell into step beside her. "You have all heard her Majesty's words, have you not? I should hope that none in my House are foolish enough to attempt to go against the queen's wishes."

"Yes, my lady. The carriage is ready."

"I won't be leaving in the carriage. Have it delivered to Silver Frost. We'll be taking the Tywyllwch." She hated riding about in a carriage like an invalid but affairs such as this called for all the ridiculous pomp and opulence of the nobles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tywyllwch, or the shadow roads, were a method of travel open only to those belonging to the Court of Shadows or someone under the king's protection. A dark and treacherous place, the roads were deadly, always hungering for blood. Only a select few had the knowledge to navigate the eternal darkness. Thankfully, Winter was one of the lucky few.

"Stay close, in a single file. Do not look back." Her soldiers already knew the drill but it couldn't hurt to caution them. She opened a portal just big enough for a single rider to pass through and moved her steed forwards, stepping into the darkness.

The Tywyllwch was an infinite darkness, with death looming over like an icy blanket. Crystals of ice formed in her hair and lashes. Even a few seconds too long would mean death, as ice formed rapidly turning anything unlucky enough or slow into a beautiful sculpture of ice. Winter's party exited into a dark forest within a matter of seconds.

This wasn't right. She furrowed her brows as she thought it over. She was certain she hadn't made a mistake, the portal had opened in the middle of the road and dumped them into the forest outlying Mab's court. Motioning her soldiers to be on guard she searched around for a place to open another portal. Her silvery eyes caught sight of two fey standing about in a clearing, bodies scattered around them.

"Well. This is certainly turning out to be an interesting night."

"Lovely to meet you, Requiem", Ari replied, ignoring his nickname. She was brought up proper, and despite his approval to use a nickname, she found she just couldn't manage to utter the words. Normally it would be impossible to see what direction this Dullahan's head was facing, but his hat helped tremendously. She watched as it turned toward the human jester. His words cutting the air like venom, she could almost imagine a face making a scowl.

"No, it's not." She couldn't help herself.

~~~

They stopped while the old man recovered, throwing Trent a question that caught him off guard.

"Well, I really don't think I'll live that long." He was honest, and surprisingly serious. The jokester Trent had no glint or glimmer of mischief as he spoke. "I've lived the last century or so for one goal only. One I continue to fail. I've swore it to be the one thing I do before I'm dead, and I'm certain once it is completed, I will be sought out and killed. Perhaps worse than that." His gaze wandered off into the forest somewhere as he continued on. "But when it is complete, I don't know if I'll just cease to exist or if I will have to find a new goal." His eyes wandered back, setting on Fluffy.

"What's kept you going?"

Sealamin's ear twitched, alerting him of something happening, though he ignored it for now. The pain in his back made it hard to fight anyway. "I'll kill you, if you want. Save you from any worse fates." He chuckled, though meant it whole-heartedly, as he may have guessed by the elder fey's attitude.

And then the boy asked the same question. Sealamin has asked himself this question many times, though never could find an answer. He pondered for a while. "Death." The answer came delayed, as if he himself still wasn't sure. "I don't quite like the concept. I wish to see how much longer I can escape its cold grasp. How many more lives can I take before mine is taken? How much longer can I stay sane enough to be alive? How much longer will I be able to endure the deterioration my body has gone through?" He paused to sigh. The pieces of ice in his hands vanished, and Sealamin continued. "Legend says Fey are immortal, but that's just in theory. Noone can live for thousands of years without dying some unnatural death, especially not us Unseelie. Look at me. I can fight, I can easily keep up with any young Fey in all of the lands, but in time I've gained wounds, wounds that will not heal." He said, now leaning against a tree. He wasn't sure where he was going with this story anymore, so he slammed a fist into the tree before wrapping his explanation up in one sentence. "I refuse to die. It's as simple as that."

Last edited by a moderator:
He heard a loud WHUMP somewhere off to his right, like an angry fist slamming into the side of whatever pissed it off.

"I refuse to die. It's as simple as that."

A simple, defiant statement, full of determination and conviction. "Now, who could that have been?" Jek wondered aloud. He was too curious, and it would be the death of him one day. But he didn't care, as long as he died doing what he loved. as he peered around a tree he could see someone half naked along with a younger boy and girl. There was a certain air about the shirtless one, something strong and weary, and cold. He must be an Unseelie, and the two younglings his captives. He must have been the one who was so defiant against death, as he looked aged, even for his kind. He leaned in a little closer to get a better look at his face and

Cracklesnapcrunch!

Goddamn Curiosity, you've summoned the death of me!

He took off at a sprint, bouncing steps launching him from one tree branch to another in a surprisingly silent flight from the scene. With all good luck he would avoid the hand of the Unseelie warrior he was just spying on.

"You'll have to forgive me, but the way humans are treated, and allow themselves to be treated is wrong on all levels." He told her coldly. He was trying to retain his composure, but he was having a hard time accepting why anyone would subject themselves to such treatment. "How would you feel if you were dressed up and forced to dance like one of the humans the King keeps?" He asked, trying to remain as polite as he could. It wouldn't do any good to make enemies with her.

He sighed "I know I couldn't do it. I refused in fact. Used to be one of them. Captured to be kept as a pet. That's how I ended up like this." He explained, while gesturing to his head area. Most Dulahan were born the way the rest of the fae were, and even then, not too many fae knew much about them. They were a dying people. "I refused to dance in the black court, refused to be used, and they beheaded me. I stand by my decision however. Had my death been true, I still would have chosen it. We are not playthings and should not be treated as such."

It was odd for him, referring to himself with the humans. It had been so long since he'd been human that he barely remembered what it was like, but he still felt the human pride. He doubted it was just because he was human though. When he was human, he was a general in an army, a strategist, working with a nation desiring the freedom of slaves. It was this that brought him such anger. No one should be inferior by what they are, or what they looked like. How one behaved determined worth to him.

Ari listened attentively as the headless fey spoke of his past life. Seeing how it could bother him, she chose her words carefully when he finished speaking. "Most of them choose this life over the one in the Mortal Realm. Only few are forced into such acts, and even then, most of those who do end up controlled by Fey deserve a form of punishment. Personally, I think some get off easy. Performing in front of the King is an honor, yet they are 'punished' in that way." Feeling a debate coming on, she decided to change the topic. Looking to her friends, she smiled.

"Shall we head to the Lake? Dullahan, you are welcome to come, as well. You don't seem to have much to do right now." She observed.

~

While Old-Man Sealamin was rambling on and on, Trent dazed off into the woods until he heard the man say he refused to die. The man sure could talk, Trent thought with a sneer. However, as he was about to reply with a snark, a large branch snapped a few feet away. His head shot up in the direction it came from just in time to see some brush swaying as if someone had just passed by. Though he was curious to see who had been there, the Un-Seelie Unseelie Prince had to haul the other back to the court.

"We should get going. Looks like we lingered too long."

~

The forest began to thin and voices and song could be heard in the near distance. Kneeling to catch his breath and compose himself, the lone Seelie boy took a deep breath and stood again. Blood dripped from his back to the green ground below. Wavering as he approached the gated entrance to the Twyx Court. A few patrons parted way for him as he entered. One of the other fey hollered for Morgania.

The Ruler approached the Seelie boy and offered him her hand. He accepted. The Ruler waved for the music to continue, as it had ceased when the fey had called for her. "Celebrate, my loves. We are making waves for humans and fey alike. Do not cease your celebration." Her cool, calm voice urged. And so it did. The music began again as she lead the boy to a seat near her at a long table with a feast fit for an army laid upon it.

"Worry not about the curious fox. We've got a bigger encounter ahead of us." Sealamin responded to Trent who responded to the snapped branch close-by. Whatever did this ran away and was never a threat if it just ran away like that in the first place. "You're right, let's go."
The elder Fey put on his clothes again, picked up his two captives, and began to walk towards the Court again. He had a hunch of who it might be that was spying on them from a distance, but let that person introduce themselves, rather than go look for them.

After Elaina caught sight of the queen, she lingered for a few moments more before she got bored. She pulled herself to her feet and prowled along the wall and left the Twyx court behind her. Where would she go next? She mused before she remembered her earlier plan to check out the winter lands. She would avoid the court itself for the day, she'd already snuck into one court, she'd best not try her luck at two, or even three. The cait sith took off at a trot towards the winter lands, letting her body once again become visible as she weaved out of sight of the new court. She had places to be, and things to see.

It didn't take long for Elaina to get to the neutral lands and then into the winter border. After all, if one knew the way to take, traveling the never after was a simple enough task. Elaina found herself prowling along a branch above two winter fey. They had captives in tow it seemed. Elaina, head tilted decided to follow the two for a short while. She let her body fade out of sight, but let golden orbs stay bright as she prowled from branch to branch. After a few moments, the cait sith recognized her query. It was the once upon a time seelie prince and the one of the older fea of winter, Fluffy..or was his name Sealamin? After a moment, Elaina decided to approach the pair. Her black coat once again twinkled into existence before she jumped into one of the lower branches.

"Two unseelies, do I see, what brings you out and under these trees?" She inquired. She knew she sounded silly, but alas, she had to do something to entertain herself. She kept her feline shape, for now, more than content with the shape of her kind. Even though she had fought to be able to retain her human form, now that she'd become a fae, it was better to stay feline and not reveal her two legged shape unless there was a need.

Reactions: 2 people
"Yeah, I suppose I can head with you" He said, before realising that he unintentionally made a pun. He would have facepalmed, but lacked the face to accomplish the act. He kind of walked alongside of her as she headed towards the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.