Land of Fey: Introducing Twyx Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was misunderstood when I was referring to the taxing. Recharging would burn that much energy, not simply expending the clip. Besides, in a 32 round clip, plus the five clips you're talking about, that's 160 rounds. That's an insanely high level of firepower. Fae are not immortal, and most can be killed with a single bullet quite easily. Ones that wouldn't would be the god-like ones. I mean, it's up to Miss Silent really, that's just my take on it.

For a Kalashnikov, or an AK-47M, then it isn't all that great. While the Kalash can practically be thrown into a sandstorn, then into a whirlpool, then tossed in to a dryer, and still work, but besides that, it doesn't have as much firepower, stopping power, rate of fire, range, or accuracy as a modern-day M4 or M16.

True, but that's usually only a concern when facing off with other people with guns and armour, something that the fae don't really have. I know, you're probably thinking magick, but Fae magick is rather limited. You'll notice that most fae stick to swords and the like when it comes to combat

True, but then again, this would be an excellent challenge for a roleplayer. Think: You're only armed for close-combat, and have no way to attack from a distance. You're trying to take down an enemy that has a ranged weapon that is relatively powerful. Rushing him isn't an option: A burst would tear you apart, and you'll be running right into his line of fire.

If anything, this'll just be a great opportunity for one to fine-tune their strategy, tactical, and teamwork skills. You can call on your friends: However, he can't, since he's all alone.

There are different positives and negatives for both sides. Finding out what they are and utilizing -or avoiding- them are essential to winning, or staying neutral. Firing a nuclear weapon at a nation with anti-ballistics won't work, since they'll take it out in-flight. If they have powerful shore-defenses, then I guess Navy is out of the option. But then again, that nation you're trying to attack might be on a large landmass, which means you can move in over land, slip through a break in the line and hit the headquarters of it all.

You're trying to balance out the weapon, I know, but with various hostile NPCs, it shouldn't be a problem. It has limited range, accuracy, etc., but a large amount of ammunition. However, there is only one weapon, and one line of fire, and one person that is aiming it. There aren't any more than that. What'll win: A tank, or a group of random people? Pick a good environment to attack, organize your friends, and study strengths and weaknesses to beat the stronger enemy.

Req, enough (and I do not say this rudely, Req will know that, but I'm saying this to make sure nobody thinks I'm terribly mean to my friend :P ). I said it's fine. Let's just see where it goes.

My thoughts when I saw the banner:
Seelie.... or Unseelie... they sound like... good or bad... NAH. I'm just going to be the gun-wielding lunatic! Wait... this is magic, which means I can't be a Draconian! Damn! oh well, Russians are the next best thing.

So far as I'm aware we are. Some fresh blood- er... Players might be just what we need to get things moving again

Reactions: Thomas McTavish
Yes, we are open.

And sorry, I need to make a post. I've been working on it :)

Technically speaking, I need to make a post too >.>

EDIT: There we are, one Angry Dullahan backstory with criticisation of the slavery system of the fae

Last edited:
Holy bananas. I forgot to subscribe to IC and all this time, I thought no had posted. Which is why I decided to check today x.x I'll work on a post sometime soon hopefully.

HAHAHA!

I was about to message you. Glad to see you are still with us.

If anyone wants a pet human, post on my profile or start a conversation with me, then I might make a character sheet. So um....If any unseelie people are interested....yeah. :)

Edit: Although I am definitely interested in this roleplay I am afraid of overextending myself and stuff, so maybe some other time.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants a pet human, post on my profile or start a conversation with me, then I might make a character sheet. So um....If any unseelie people are interested....yeah. :)

Edit: Although I am definitely interested in this roleplay I am afraid of overextending myself and stuff, so maybe some other time.

I would gladly take you under my wing. A pet human may be useful in navigating the politics of the Twyx court.

I am curious to know if this roleplay is still going on and if there are spots available for it.

Also, I am not too knowledgeable when it comes to Fey lore. Most of my information has come from novels by Laurell K Hamilton, Karen Marie Moning, and other such authors. Is it alright if my character is based off of their versions of the Fey? I wish to make a Sidhe fey in either the Seelie or Unseelie court [quite possibly Seelie].

Name: Othilia Lexious Ambryni
Fey Name (if fey): She is fey, but only reveals her true identity to those she trusts.
Nickname: Lia
Fey Age: 240
Race: Born Fey, but has grown accustomed to human life.
History (optional): Rumors say she carries ancient royal blood in her veins, but Lia grew up far from the palace courts. She's highly attuned to animals and is a keen hunter--especially with an arrow. She has a few friends in the Twyx court, half-bloods mostly, who have taught her about the political world surrounding fey and humans alike. But Lia's loyalties only lie with herself and her horse, Siglavy. She's not one to be pawned. She's a nomadic spirit, never quite settling in any one place for too long and always leaving without an explanation other than the need to keep moving.
What brought you to The Land: Curiosity mainly.
Court Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Appearance:
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/...6heinrichdarkhound_dragonlady_zps8221152b.png
1390098326heinrichdarkhound_dragonlady_zps8221152b.png

So far as I'm aware, we're still going. Downtime is pretty common for us, but we usually swing back to life without much problem. I cannot however comment on the acceptable nature of the fae in the novels you listed as I don't know anything about them, so for that you'd have to talk to Sincere

So far as I'm aware, we're still going. Downtime is pretty common for us, but we usually swing back to life without much problem. I cannot however comment on the acceptable nature of the fae in the novels you listed as I don't know anything about them, so for that you'd have to talk to Sincere

Could you please post a link to the main thread? I'm having trouble finding it. Thank you. :)

It's at the top of the first post *Nods* But because I'm nice *Places Link*

I would gladly take you under my wing. A pet human may be useful in navigating the politics of the Twyx court.
I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't know how that would work out, considering that the Twyx court think humans are their equals...

Edit: By the way, I now have the time needed to be a part of this roleplay. I really would like to be a pet human so...again, if anyone is interested....

Status
Not open for further replies.