Land of Fey: Introducing Twyx Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks very interesting! I've always loved Fae lore. I might consider joining if its not too late already.

Yay! Thats great.. Has the IC moved along a lot? My brain's already shutting down for the night...

Not really. We have small groups talking among themselves about Twyx. That's the basics. I'll let you get your bio up and your charrie introduced, then I'll move it along.

PS: I'm feeling better people so I shall be posting again ^^ Thanks for your patience!

Also, I will be updating the intro post with current locations of characters for any new people coming in. (This will only be temporary)

Also, I just had to say...yay us for making it into the last Newsletter on Iwaku!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about the different racial abilities of the fae. Do those exist in this RP?

Could you be a little more specific?

If you mean do each type of fae have their own abilities? Yes. Such as Seelie have Summer abilities and Unseelie have Winter (mostly ice-related). Changelings can change their appearance to look like any human they desire. Orcs have more strength than most other creatures. Etc.

If you meant something else, or I wasn't clear enough, let me know!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Thats sort of what I meant. Thankyou. But I was curious about the different racial abilities, such as shapeshifting for Phouka and Cait-Sith (to some extent) and singing for Sirens. Things like that, really.

Aye, most of those apply

As Requiem replied, yes. If you are still uncertain, though, feel free to PM me with specifics.

:)

I'm certain now. Thanks so much for putting up with my questions :)

Oh, no problem at all. I ask plenty of questions, so I don't mind. :P

I'm sooooo sorry I've been taking ages to post the CS. I've finished it, just having trouble finding a picture I like.. ANYWAY HERE GOES. I'll just change the picture when I find something better.

Name: Anastasia Lenkov

Fey Name (if fey): Winter Ellewynn Torquil

Nickname: Who in their right mind bothers with these things?

Fey Age: 482

Race: Sidhe (fey)

History (optional):

Born the only child of a noble couple, Winter was raised in prestige. When she came of age, she was to inherit their knowe, Silver Frost, one of the prime holdings in the Shadow Kingdom. However, much to her parents' eternal chagrin she chose a different path as a Knight for the Court of Shadows. Young and eager to be of service, her rise through the ranks was swift until she finally made it to the top as a member of his majesty's guard, the most elite force in the land. Winter had no taste for politics or artifice, unlike most of the Unseelie. She was content in doing her duty as a protector.

Centuries passed and her parents pleaded with her to return, to take her rightful place. Every time, she refused. She didn't know whether it was fate's way of punishing her for shirking her responsibility, her parents lost their lives in a power struggle, which was a common enough occurring for fae, especially the Unseelie. Winter pleaded with her king for justice, to punish the house responsible for the crime. Her pleas fell on deaf ears. Her parents' deaths were to be written off as nothing, just an expected consequence of Unseelie politics and everyday life.

Betrayed by the monarch and people she had so faithfully served, Winter finally saw her people for what they were. She chose self-imposed exile from the Court and all its affairs, shutting herself away within Silver Frost. She would be damned before she let the knowe fall to ruin. Decades passed and word arrived of a new Court, Twyx. It was rumored to be vastly different from either of the two Fae Courts.

What brought you to The Land: Born and raised here

Court Affiliation: Initially Unseelie. As of now, unaffiliated.

Appearance:
Wall_Fon_com_9906.jpg

Glamour:
reckless_close_up_by_misslastri_d4arajx.jpg

Reactions: Silver
Well I like it! What powers is that supposed to have though? Sidhe is kind of vague after all

Req, I assume faery. Most of the time Sidhe is referred to as a faery.

Aye, I know that, which is why I was questioning the powers bit

Well, the GM did say Seelie have summer-like powers and Unseelie have frost, right? So I'd go along with that. And teleportation (short range)

I think you're fine. I see nothing wrong.

Umm...
For humans, is it like, medieval-ish? With swords and alchemy and such?
Or is it modern? I think it would be- ehem, amusing if a, ah, soldier sought out Fey...

And shot them down.

So ye. An antagonist. With body armor. And guns. 'n'stuff.

:3

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
No, it's modern. However, there are pockets of 'in-between' where it's not quite faeryland and not quite the mortal world where humans do not age. Same as in Faeryland, humans don't age. So you could incorporate a soldier somehow with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.