Lamia (An occult zombie rp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen_Nobody

Original poster
Glorious is the kingdom, glorious is the craft. But all has its flaw. All has a darkness to it.

We live in an age of magic. A time of growth and prosperity, for, when our fields bent only to nature in the past, we control the earth. When the mines would creak and break, now the walls stand for us. In times past, the arcana was well kept, a secret to all but the most elite. A way to control power over the lands. It did little to quell revolution, and less to crush curiosity. In the time of blood, the secrets of aetherius were given to all, freely.

This, may have been folly.

Not for any misuse of the craft, nothing of that sense. No, a more eldritch and strange power came.

The dead, well, they did not stay as such. We thought it a curse at first, after the first generation of the common mage, but, quickly discovered it to be more worrisome. It would be so unfortunate, that we discovered all who were dead, used to practice magics. Back when there were few, a singular wizard breaking from his tomb was easy to deal with, easy to hide. The numbers now, however... Less so.any amount of mana soaked blood will come back to haunt the living. Terrifying enough, i'd say, worse so that they continue to practice the craft and consume the heads of our people. The only grace which saves us, is their own mindlessness and ability to enter true death. Lest we'd be none.

As the problem grew, so did the need to deal with it. Enter the order, Noxium mor. They are the shield that defends the people from the undead, and the blade that sends it back to the hereafter. It is not the sort of work for every man, nor woman as it'd seem, so they take everyone-anyone- they can. This of course has it's own problems, but to stem the tide of undeath, it is necessary. They have been proactive throughout the years, changing how we deal with the dead and keeping track of practitioners of the ethereal way. But parchment can only record so much, and dying isn't predictable. So much so, are these things true, that the main use of the order is and for the foreseeable future, will be as reapers.

Again, a case of "good enough" but by far, not perfect. It will do, for now. Such, is the world. However, the world changes. It always does. And things... Things are certainly changing. With our organization and new power, so does come a new challenge. Something, perhaps, unworldly, too.

So, the general premise of this rp, is that our group is a bunch of magic zombie hunters. It'll be focused on the fighting as much as our character development. The plot, i imagine, is that the zombies are changing and becoming smarter, so we must discover why. that, however, is only the overarching plot. I'd like to put subplots inbetween.

So, anyone interested should post here and say hi ^^
I'll be glad to answer any questions, publicly, that you may have.

Reactions: Lonewolf888978
Sounds interesting! If a few others hop aboard I'll be glad to join in

Reactions: Queen_Nobody
A zombie is a fictional undead being created through the reanimation of a human corpse. Zombies are most commonly found in horror and fantasy genre works. The term comes from Haitian folklore, where a zombie is a dead body reanimated through various methods, most commonly magic. Modern depictions of zombies do not necessarily involve magic but often invoke science fictional methods such as carriers, radiation, mental diseases, vectors, viruses, scientific accidents, etc.
yee, and my zombos are magical. and they can use magic. because magic. and also this whole side naritive where magic itself is trying to understand the physical world, etc. it's my own take.

Status
Not open for further replies.