PARTNER REQUEST Laid-back search 2: electric boogaloo

Discussion in 'SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS' started by castigat, Sep 19, 2016.

1. As an advanced warning, based on my activity, this thread may look familiar. It might also look familiar because I am, but I digress.

I’m going to try to keep this as brief as possible. After a lot of BS in life, I’ve returned to the roleplaying and writing scenes. With that said, my perception of my future is nebulous, so I cannot always give people an accurate estimate of my time and my reply abilities. I will try to keep any prospective partners apprised of my situation, as much as I feel comfortable divulging, and I understand any limits others have to their time, energy, and so on. This is meant to be a laid-back search that (hopefully) does not impinge anyone’s freedom.

This is already longer than I’d like. Lmao
    • I’m overwhelmed easily. Sometimes I’ll read a response and not do anything with it until later. Other times I might have forgotten.
      • Please don't nudge me too much. That tends to make it worse.
    • I don't care about how much experience you have or how much you write. I tend to "mirror" myself. As long as you further the plot and are not mind-numbingly passive, I don't mind length.
      • So, I don't want one-liners, but I also don't want purple prose. Show, don't tell, etc etc
    • Following the above point, I am not the type to bother people much, if at all, about replies. If you are the type that welcomes or even needs reminders, please tell me and I will try to use them at my discretion. I've let roleplays die because I didn't want to bother people.
    • When it comes to fandoms, I’m anime trash. I’m not part of DC or Marvel fandoms (and what I am a fan of, I don’t write); I am not engaged with the Holy Trinity of Supernatural, Doctor Who, or Sherlock; I have Netflix but I a) don’t watch, b) don’t enjoy, or c) don’t write any of the originals therein
    • I’m buddy-buddy with darkness but I don’t smut, unless the planets are aligned, it's a blood moon and lunar eclipse, and I get a holy sacrifice
    • I play all genders and sexualities. I would prefer you be open to this as well. I will not play male all of the time, or by default, in heterosexual romances. I do not roleplay with people who ONLY write cishet female characters. If it's your preference, cool. If you are absolutely against the idea of playing anything else, I'm sure you'll find someone. Good luck to you.
    • Do not sexualize minorities near me. Do not sexualize children. Don’t romanticize abuse. Don’t romanticize mental illness. If you are the type to use slurs for any minority, I’d prefer not to write with you. If characters say the words, it can get a pass. But if you use them as shorthand for roles in pairings or as shorthand for people, or if you excuse the characters' use as acceptable, I’m not the person for you.
    • Good characters can speak for themselves. Don't waste time telling me how strong, independent, impressive, or different your character is.
    • My negative or dark characters will be negative and dark. You will not get me to lighten them up for the sake of romance. (If confused, I mean any attitude toward negative or toxic characters that can be summarized to "hmm, how can I make this romantic?" followed by attempts to lighten up the character or brush aside their shittiness for romance.)
    • For fandoms, I do double. oc/oc = canon/oc > canon/canon. Inquire about my canon ships if you've got ideas.
    • I play multiple characters. A plot or setting that revolves around only two characters for its duration is impossible with me and bores me to death.
    • There are certain stipulations to my playing as any ‘dominant’ role, which I’ll go through below. I’ve been at this for over a decade. I know all your tricks.
    • I'm not great at coding, so if you want a lot of it in thread setups, you will be disappointed. Every time I try html, I start with a fire in my heart, and then realize I don't hate myself enough to continue

What I can definitively list (and this will be edited over time) is as follows:

• Psycho-Pass
    • Hellsing (ultimate/manga)
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Black Butler (manga)
    • Saiyuki (manga)
    • Pandora Hearts (manga)
    • Code Geass
    • Samurai Champloo ? ???
    • Death Note ???????
    • Bleach (now that I've finished it and it's FINALLY OVER—for now—post-Aizen/time-skip preferred if canon. manga heavily preferred.)

• The Last of Us (ask with care)
    • Resident Evil
    • Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and LR
    • Persona (3 and 4, 3 preferred; I'm knowledgeable in and therefore particular with this series)

• Maximum Ride
    • Harry Potter (ask with care)
    • some other books i've forgotten lol

Be aware that I list these, but they come with stipulations, so take care when asking for them.
    Ask about things not seen here.

For originals, my main interests lie in:

• Horror
    • Psychological/thriller
    • Suspense
    • Supernatural (beings of all kinds)
    • Action
    • Drama
    • Comedy

My least favorite are mystery (because good lord is it half-assed when done at all, and I’m a stickler for details), historical, and strict romance. Slice of life is also not preferred, but negotiable (esp. if mixed with other genres).

Regarding “““““dominant””””” characters: I love the hell out of playing them. I’m a mixed/aggressive writer. The main caveat to that is the fact that it’s been leapt on for years and thus I’m sick of overly submissive characters and writers. I’m putting a full embargo on any pairing that screams of a ‘dominant/submissive’ balance (that also reeks of an excuse for the person to write passively because their character is), and any partner who is overtly passive and puts all or most of the onus for plotting and moving the story forward on me. If you’re the type to get wishy-washy and say ‘Oh, well I’m okay with whatever you want’, ‘I don’t have any ideas, do you?’, or are a professional at dodging direct questions, I am, again, not for you. If you’re shy or have social phobia, I assure you that I’m not actually as scary as I seem—and I realize that those are just words and anxiety is a real pain in the neck—but it drives me up the wall. I prefer direct, proactive communication during plotting.

Second: I love writing dark characters and villains, but again, that isn’t an invitation to:

• shove a submissive character under the radar
    • try to ‘cure’ them, especially if they’re bonafide pieces of crap that are honestly beyond saving unless you force it or take an assload of time working at it
    • Bring on a manic pixie dream character for this reason
    • Try to romanticize anything they do, a la some antagonistic character just ‘needing some love’ to ‘change their ways’ and it’ll magically erase whatever shitty things they’ve done
    • Infantilize the character in order to excuse their behavior
    • Bring in characters that bend over backwards because they just care so much, or they’re convinced the character just doesn’t know how to communicate properly—did I mention that I'm not interested in seeing or playing out abusive relationships?
    • Use it as a wish fulfillment outlet for an abuse pairing
    • Try to find a way to make the character a bit less horrid in order to fit some romantic pairing (see also: romanticization)
    • Present an exact clone of the character in question in order to ‘better fit’ into some setting or pairing

This post will see edits for clarity and formatting
    #1 castigat, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. I still live, and I still hunger
  3. Still here, off and on. Motivation is shot, however.
  4. Added a couple items.
  5. Pared down the post a bit and added a couple things. I need to stop being a windbag.
  6. Time to bring it up again
  7. I'd love to do Psycho:Pass or the Black Butler manga with you, if you're in the mood for either of those!
  8. you caught me just as I'm coming back, aha. I'd be interested in both of those, depending upon what the ideas were (if you have any). feel free to message me.
  9. I revive from the deasd
  10. I really need a necromancer at this point, for my dead body

I'm still also dead to the world, so I need time to go through my inbox. Sorry.