Laid Back and Living the Good Life (Modern Group RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely something that needs to be figured out. Personally I think we should live in a City area with suburbs and residences surrounding. That way we can have some diversity in the places people live at.

I think, as a bare minimum, there should be some kind of map over the area. This could just be a satellite photo of some random town with marked places of interest. I wouldn't mind making the map and marking different places. (It annoys me if the city layout is wibbly-wobbly and physical distance only counts if you want it to.)

Things I'd like to be in town: a restaurant (maybe more), fast food places, grocery stores, a park, that one weird store which has everything you could never need (but want anyways), a library, a gym, gas stations, a 24 hour convenience store.
We must not forget all the little things that make up our daily routines!

On another note
@Princess of the Teacup - Being dorky is great! If there actually existed even average pictures of me, I'd use em' for characters! From my experiences, there's a severe lack of dorky characters in roleplays, so I'm trying to do something about that with Andreas. c:

I agree with Aldan

image.jpg
Jolina L. Persinette
(family and friends call her Jo)
(definitely not me 8D)

✩ Age: Twenty
✩ Nationality: Irish/American
✩ Occupation: Free-lance Artist, Cashier in a small magic shop called Geezer's Magicz

1. Jo is extremely into movies and the making of them. Whenever a new movie trailer catches her eye on the television she immediately sets a calendar day to go and have a night out. As a child she used to create mini-movies of all types whenever she could and she is positive that if she asks her mother about them she would find them hidden up in the attic somewhere. Cliché first date settings in the theater are her favorite kind -- these movie expectations can easily manipulate her perception of real life things.
  2. Jolina loves nature and in fact she finds it the easiest type of art her hands are capable of doing. Watercolors and acrylic paints are her specialties and on her days off from work she tries to find a secluded grass spot to work in. When she tells people of her hobby they conclude that she is good with figures and anatomy, when, in reality, that is the one thing she just can't get the hang of. She runs a small "at home" art shop in which she takes commissions and donations for painting slash doodling certain things for people. Recently, a large gallery owner came across her work and asked her to showcase her favorite piece, so she plans to go through with that and explode in publicity.
  3. The young blonde used to be a varsity swimmer back in those high school days so at times she finds it relaxing and beneficial on the body to visit the YMCA and take a dive. Even if she enjoys swimming though she is deathly afraid of the ocean, but all sorts of fish interests her and close friends and family found that bit of information extremely ironic.
  4. She is a great listener and took a Sociology and Psychology class in highschool, which has changed her view on others and what they could be going through at the moment. When a friend comes to talk she invites them in with open arms and allows them to vent, never putting in her own word unless they ask her too.
  5. Jo's favorite food is Taco Bell and she likes to read huge books. She likes the color blue in all forms and she believes that clouds are just illusions. She likes orange crush, orange juice, Pringles, black cars, the smell of cinnamon rolls, and kittens.
  6. Jolina enjoys speaking about certain subjects and etcetera, but when nervous she can ramble and get so far off the subject that everyone is too lost to go back. She won't speak up unless spoken to and this makes her come off as shy when really she is hard to contain when opened up. Other than that she has a very sweet and humorous personality with hints of accidental flirtatious attitude and stubbornness. In all, she is extremely laidback, peaceful, and lazy.
  7. Jo was dared to get a palm reading one drunken night and loved it. The woman suggested she but her own deck of Tarot cards so she bought several plus a mini deck. She has always been fascinated by magic and mythical creatures, but she never really got into it until now.
✩ Living Conditions: Jolina lives in a small apartment on the third floor. When you walk in there is a long hallways that leads you to the main living room (photo 1) where a simple couch, coffee table, and TV set occupy. There is a small balcony that leads out of the living room. Rewind to where you first walk in -- to your right there is a dark black curtained doorway that leads into a loft (photo 2) which is where her favorite brown couch unfolds into a bed and an art desk sits in the corner. Back to the entryway to the living room -- turn left down another hall where it leads into an open space kitchen on the left and a closed door bathroom on the right. DJ, her kitten, lives in an open crate in the kitchen. The apartment and appliances are modern, but she has to pay for anything that breaks since it is hers. The old owner of the building gave the apartment to his niece, Jo's best friend, but just recently Ginger and her fiancé moved out so she gave it to Taylor. The blonde can't wait to go bigger though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

✩ Relationship Status: Single, but has gone on several dates in the past few months. Only dates though -- she bails afterwards if she believes they just aren't Mr. Right.

✩ Other: She owns a an average sized Cat named DJ (because DJ's are sorta chil). He lives in the kitchen mostly, but enjoys the too of the couch too and he usually roams around the apartment without a care. He likes to be pet, but he doesn't like people petting him. DJ is cute nonetheless -- Jo adopted him from Winters' Pets about two weeks ago. The owner, Jesika is wonderful at her job.

image.jpg

Jo also enjoys doing regular card tricks and sometimes performs outside the magic shop. She isn't paid much some days out there, but children's faces are definitly worth it. She collects Tarot Card decks and has thought about painting her own. At the moment, she owns three decks.

CARD-TRICK.gif

tumblr_static_1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Character Sheet
Not me nor inspired by me, just an OC

Name: Alaina

Twenty Two (22) | South African | Model
  • FACT 1
  • FACT 2
  • FACT 3
  • FACT 4
  • FACT 5
  • ETC
• Living Conditions (Do you live in an apartment/townhouse? Do you pay rent/own a place of your own? Do you live with family/have a roommate? Also describe your home briefly in a paragraph. Feel free to include images rather then actually describing if you'd like)
~ Relationship Status (please ask players before making pairings with other characters)
- Interesting Info you'd like to address (can range from blood type, to their ideal relationship, to pets, to even their favourite way of ordering in take-away food)

tumblr_m3jwqo9FrU1qgw7nc.jpg

large.jpg

Character Sheet
Not me nor inspired by me, just an OC

Name: Elijah
Twenty Two (22) | Scottish and French | Tattoo Artist
  • FACT 1
  • FACT 2
  • FACT 3
  • FACT 4
  • FACT 5
  • ETC
• Living Conditions (Do you live in an apartment/townhouse? Do you pay rent/own a place of your own? Do you live with family/have a roommate? Also describe your home briefly in a paragraph. Feel free to include images rather then actually describing if you'd like)
~ Relationship Status (please ask players before making pairings with other characters)
- Interesting Info you'd like to address (can range from blood type, to their ideal relationship, to pets, to even their favourite way of ordering in take-away food
)​

That took so long, but I love the Sims so I am excited for this 8D

XD yep, this is gonna be great!

Only downside is we can't speak English. We've gotta speak Simlish in this RP!

"Gagapohoonela Lext Oh Meyamma Estua Turgan".

Kidding of course. That would be a f*cking disaster without the translation.

Also, all prior sheets (except the ones not complete yet by @Noceur) are accepted. I'll post a CS bin later today and we'll figure out living arrangements.

Just to check, did we figure out a solid plan for the town/city? Somebody said make it urban with a surrounding rural area (city near a small town) and include tons of places within the city for us to operate with, but I wasn't sure if we all agreed on that.

I'm also making a poll to figure out where all out characters are located in terms of housing (apartments, town homes, bungalos, ect) so I can get an idea of how we meet up.

I'll start scouting google maps for some good places, and post some screenies of them. once we agree on an area, I can quickly make an easy to read map. Once we have a map, it makes figuring out where your character lives much easier. ^^

Yeah you can join. I'll probably cut off submissions when we get the IC up, but I'll open it if we lose people

I think a simple urban area with all the necessities and entertainment would be great! For me, looking at a map helps me get more into the RP so that sounds awesome.

tumblr_mnxy6cS9Ie1rwdxnio1_500.jpg

(That^is defenaitly not me)

Name: Akila Darcy
Nationality: Half Egypt half American​
1. She think that ther should be no differens betwen the two genders and that you should only say he or she in medical cases. She calls herself a she to show people that it dosent mather t.e.x only because your a girl you dont need to wear a dress to a party.
2. She love chocolate and green tea but hates coffe and bananas. Her favorite dish is Ramen. She hates American football and she often call it wrestling whit a ball. She is a gamer and love popcorn. She love anime, manga and Japanese culture. She is kind of an heltaholic and she traines kung-fu, taikwando and judo. She loves aborable things and blood. She loves books and writing.
3. Akila is very smart and loves to learn, she were home-schoold because her parents are rich and thought that would give her a beter eduction. She is a very good writier and she loves to read.
4. She's not realy a people persone, she dosen't feel a need to have company, she likes to be alone. When she has a friend she spends a lot of time whit that persone but not because she wants to have company but because she thinks it's nice to be whit that persone, like that it is more fun to play a video game than siting around doing nothing. She is the kind of persone that is okay whit beaing alone.
5. She hates religion and she thinks it is a very intresting thing to study and read about, her opinion is that whit no religon ther wouldent be so much war on earth.
6. She has Asbergers syndrome and she dont like the fact that she cares about her parents as she thinks that gives her less fredom because if she does somthing dangerous and get hurte she is going to feel bad about it as her parents would be very sad if something happend to ther little girl. She has a very different filosofi and picture of the world then other persones.
Living coditions: As her parents are rich she lives in a little nice house whit her twin sister Bennu and Akila's siamese cat, Blue. Were they have everything they need. It is only 4 rooms in the house, a bathroom, a kitchen/livingroom, Akila's room and her sisters room.

small-bedrooms.jpg

(Akila's room)

kitchen-and-living-room-designs.jpg

(Kitchen/livingroom)

Relationship: Singel (bisexual)

Intresting: She has a cat and a twin sister. When she is at a café she always orders everything that has chocolate in it. She sews moste of her clothing.

(Blue)
Siamese-cat-Blue-Point.jpg

I've found some places that can be used, and made an example of how a small nearby town could be. I've been trying to find a good way of marking things on the map, but haven't found anything really good yet.

quick map of small town
HTjustG.png

edit: If anyone knows where to find the map markers from the sims, that'd be great.

Search google, they're probably available from images.

Nope. There's just a lot of custom worlds, and the web search is merely filled with bug reports. :/
I've tried to locate them in the game directory, but the .pak system makes it too time consuming to be practical.

Oh me me me!
I've never played Sims but it sounds like fun to roleplay this with you guys :)

Character Sheet

(Just happen to be in a suit, not usual attire)

Name: Leo

22 | Canadian with British Heritage | Produce Inspection

* When not working, his past times are drawing, reading, exercising (mostly weight lifting and walking), playing with his cat, cooking, or playing video games. He likes to socialize and enjoys meeting friends over a cup of coffee. He mostly plays older video games but has recently taken to Borderlands 2 and the Portal series. The Secret of Mana is still his favorite game. He loves shows like Supernatural, Fringe, X-files, Grimm and Lost Girl. Anything otherworldly has always interested him. He also loves to garden and is growing a little vegetables garden in his garden lot in the apartment complex.
* He went to college and some university for psychology but has currently dropped as he is unsure if that is what he wants to do, so now he is working while he figures it out. The courses he took in University and College (not just the psychology) have given him a new insight into people and he takes even harder to just be aware of people and not judge (not that he did much before).
* Leo is genderfluid, and will dress as either male or female, but it is hard to tell which gender Leo truly is unless you are one of his partners. He prefers to use male pronouns though is open to any as long as he knows you are speaking to him. He also goes by the name of Dom when visibly female. He is not a cross-dresser, he just feels he is not just male and dresses and acts how he feels.
* He is pagan and even has a small deity shrine in the corner of his room. He has tarot cards and many stones and even can preform reiki. He will do tarot readings and healing reiki for people for a small price, and often helps friends for little or nothing.
* His favorite colors are purple and green, though he almost always is wearing black or other dark colors. He adores fluffy animals, especially cats and bunnies. He loves the smell of apples and cinnamon, lilacs and fresh cut grass. He loves the night time, especially the night air in the summer.
* He tends to talk a lot and can talk very fast, worse so when he is nervous. He is pretty bubbly and bouncy and can sometimes come off as obnoxious when he is too happy.

• Living in a 2 bedroom large space apartment on the 3rd floor of a 7 floor building.
He pays rent and has one roommate, a trans woman named Nij.
When you walk in the little foyer/entrance to put your shoes you can see straight down a long hallway. The first door on the left is closed and belongs to the roommate. The door on the right is Leo's room, the door is half open and you can see a bed and computer desk in one corner. Straight ahead at the end of the hall is another door. This is the bathroom, 4 piece and very nice. There is a storage on the left and a small linen closet on the right for the other doors in the hall. Turning right at the end of the hall opens into the living room and dining area, large for an apartment, and filled with an L couch and a comfy chair on one side and the Tv unit with Tv, satellite and some game consoles. On the right side is the rectangle dining table with 6 chairs. The Living room opens to a balcony and has large sliding glass doors. Turning right again leads into the kitchen. Not huge but ample for 2 people and plenty of cupboards and counters. Simple fridge and stove, with a microwave and toaster can be seen.

~ Leo is polyamorous (which means he leads/can lead multiple relationship, it's about the love not the sex. All partners know about each other and are honest and open with each other.) Leo is also bisexual but prefers men. Leo and Nij used to date back when Nij was a male, but now they are just close friends.

-Leo has a small grey fluffy kitten named Rain. Leo works in vegetable and fruit inspection in a warehouse and helps do the shipping of orders to restaurants. He does say 'Eh' a lot, very Canadian. Though he hates hockey and if forced to pick a sport to watch it would be football (not American Football, that one you like to call soccer).

Reactions: ZsafineGypsy
I've found some places that can be used, and made an example of how a small nearby town could be. I've been trying to find a good way of marking things on the map, but haven't found anything really good yet.

quick map of small town
HTjustG.png

edit: If anyone knows where to find the map markers from the sims, that'd be great.

I wasent able to find Map markers from the sims but I found this.
markers_128-01.png

I wasent able to find Map markers from the sims but I found this.
markers_128-01.png

That's cool! We can just use those then ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.