Ladys Evil Problem

What do you get

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes... there is that.

I don't think so: Birth Control Pills

I still stand on my claim it isn't good to mess with nature, when it comes to hormones. For guys, all you have to do is look at the side effects of steroids. Better to find some other way. But if you insist, be aware, it CAN mess you up. So can plenty of other medications. Plus, my comment was towards someone who was messed up by Birth Control Pills.

I do not agree that birth control and messing with your hormones is not a bad thing. First of all, I have hypothyroidism. I was put on birth control before I was even sexually active because my hormones were crazy - shown in my bloodwork. Immediately after I started the BC did I start to feel human again - less anxious, less depressed, and more like myself. Yes, BC can mess you up. However, it isn't a bad thing. I am happy that women now have the opportunity to prevent pregnancy themselves. I've had some douchey boyfriends before that refused to where a condom, and birth control was the only thing keeping my 20-year-old self from getting pregnant (of course this was NOT a good relationship, but it was nice to know that I could still protect myself from pregnancy and take care of my body). Birth control has come a long way in the last twenty years - much fewer blot clots, less side effects, etc. Yes pills of any kind can mess you up. However, some of them are life changing and prevent things MUCH more dangerous like abortions or using Plan B! Have you ever taken an Advil or ibuprofen? Those can eat straight through your stomach, but they are still the most common medications used.
As a woman, I am appalled that anyone would say birth control is a bad thing.

I used to get mine, well sometimes I do when my shot decides we should let it in.
  • cramps
  • tiredness
  • depression
  • vomitting
  • heavy bleeding
  • migraines
  • dizziness
  • irritation

I get fatigue, pain all over, nausea but starving, angry, emotional, anemia, low blood sugar, bleeding so much i can go through a box of 50 super tampons and 10 overnight pads in a week.

I ended up on a birth control pill because my cramps were debilitating. I never really was the kid-with-a-million-absences until my cramps went from tolerable to absolute hell. It's weird, because they used to be manageable. And then they got so bad that I need medication and the birth control pill to manage it. There are people who probably have it much worse, but my pain tolerance is little to none. Even getting my ears pierced was agony. *dies*

It's even worse when its the summer and hot as fuck. I get a fever every single time, and the heat makes it worse. I become a completely unproductive blob, just sitting on the couch, wanting to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.