Ladies and Mentlegen

L

Laggy Lagiacrus

Original poster
I have a proposition for you.
Character ages (in the case of 1, what age they look like) can be adjusted to your preferences.

Proposition 1: The Daft Old Man
[SPOILI]
tumblr_lp0hisvM4N1qzz80no1_500.jpg

He calls himself Andrew Baker - when he's on Earth, anyway.
He's four-hundred and twenty-four years old.
He's an alien who had taken liking to the human form, and looks like one.
He does very clever things, and roams the universe doing these clever things while adventuring.
He loves apple crumble, spinning chairs, and hates oranges.
And it just so happens that he's willing to take someone on as a companion.

All right, fine, I my have taken some elements of this from Dr Who. But never mind that.
Given the base of this one, I'm looking for a more Dr/Companion-style relationship - not romance, but still close.
There is no firm plot to speak of, except for the fact the pair will travel through space, seeing worlds normal people would never have dreamed of witnessing.
Heck, you don't even have to be human. He travels the universe, remember?
As for language barriers, let's assume he gives you an earpiece that translates automatically.[/SPOILI]

Proposition 2: What Was I?
[SPOILI]

Dead and lonely, a boy wanders the streets, literlly a ghost of his former self.All he wants to do is know what impact he had in life - he doesn't care what people think of him, he just wants to see if people even cared that he was dead.
Of course, when you're terrible with directions, aimless wandering can be a terrible inconvenience. And that's where [person] comes in - one of the few people able to actually see ghosts, instead of those con artists that seem so popular. They take it upon themselves to assist him for whatever reason, and it is there that their journey begins - a journey of self-discovery, friendship, laughs, thrills, spills and heart-wrenching sorrow.

So here's the basics.
A boy, dead before his time, remains on the Earth to see whether he actually made an impact on anyone around him, aside from the blatantly obvious grief of losing your friend. Unfortunately, his friends and family are scattered - and although he knows where they live, he doesn't know where to go, or how to get there. And that's where you come in.
The relationship forged can be pretty much anything, as long as it develops slowly and meaningfully. I don't really mind whether they're bros of the highest caliber, whether they have a sibling-like relationship, or if they even grow to like each other more than friends. I can't say I really want to do romance, I believe it stifles the room for witty banter - but if you insist, I will oblige.[/SPOILI]

I really like the Dr.Who-like plot, though I've never really seen the series, I do have the gist of it. It seems like that would be a fun RP to do, and I have a character that I've been itching to use. :D

On a side note, I also have a Pikachu-theme for Google Chrome and I regret nothing.

I'm interested in the ghost one! And I have a few ideas for what would cause him to team up with a mortal, too; I'm willing to play whichever character you don't want =)