1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Romance, Action, Dark
Is anyone else here a fan of this movie? It was released in 1986 and stars David Bowie as the sexy, irresistible Goblin King Jareth and Jennifer Connelly as the imaginative Sarah. It's a childhood favorite of mine and I'm even more in love with it now.

tumblr_m7sy4iWrV81qzxgw0o1_500.gif

Trying not to faint at the sexiness.......

Wasn't a fan of Sarah, she seemed like a really bland character to me

David Bowie was very entertaining though!

On the whole I still prefer this guy's labrynth
Labyrinth_62809c.jpg

Wasn't a fan of Sarah, she seemed like a really bland character to me

David Bowie was very entertaining though!

On the whole I still prefer this guy's labrynth
Labyrinth_62809c.jpg
Get outta here with your great storyline, acting, directing, and make-up/effects!

I fucking loved Labyrinth as a kid. It was one of my favorite movies. My parents even bought me several kids books in relation to it. To this day when I watch it I have dreams of over taking that place and usurping Bowie and his codpiece and making it my own. Codpiece too.

My friend introduced it to me a few years ago. Even without childhood nostalgia I still love it xD Even more so after having watched the behind the scene stuff. (Which I actually have watched more times than the movie.)

It's an entertaining movie, even though the main character is quite boring. Bowie definitely stole the show, and I'm not complaining :D And all the details they put into the dolls and sceneries and everything. Anyone else searching after the goblin king's head when watching the movie? :9 They are there in the background! Go find them all!

Reactions: LunaValentine
I barely remember the one in the OP because I was a little kid at the time.
Minibit's version I saw during my late teens though so my memory of that one is more clear.

From my memory of both, the OP one was rather odd and corny, but the other one had some interesting bits to it.
Though it's acting didn't really impress me much... And that girl was an idiot for randomly eating Grapes next to a literal baby eater.

Bowie Boner Showcase is a pretty fun movie that makes playing with balls an irresistible treat.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midian
Gotta love David Bowie. I love that movie :)

Never heard of it.

I think Sarah was supposed to be somewhat bland? To make the environment of the story that much more fantastical? I feel the movie as a whole might have felt like too much if she was an exciting instead of a boring character. They'd have had to tone down Bowie and we can't have that.

I love it so much, I have a marysue roleplay stashed in my "one day" lineup. >>

• Love
Is anyone else here a fan of this movie? It was released in 1986 and stars David Bowie as the sexy, irresistible Goblin King Jareth and Jennifer Connelly as the imaginative Sarah. It's a childhood favorite of mine and I'm even more in love with it now.

tumblr_m7sy4iWrV81qzxgw0o1_500.gif

Trying not to faint at the sexiness.......

You forgot to describe Jennifer Connelly as a sexy busty brunette.

Status
Not open for further replies.