L is For Love, T is For Tolerance - OOC and Character Sign Ups

I'm up for whomever, can even talk on relationships if everyone wants to.

.:Name:.
Zachary Maxwell Danielsen
.:Nickname:.
Zach
.:Age:.
.:Year (freshman, sophomore, etc.):.
Junior
.:Gender:.
Male
.:Preferred Pronouns (he, she, they, etc):.
he/him
.:Sexual Orientation:.
Homosexual
.:Nationality (the town is in America, but they can have immigrated here or be descended from people of other nationalities):.
American (Danish)
.:Out or Not? (if they are out, there will be NPC students and teachers who will bully them, so be prepared):.
Out.
.:Member of the GSA?:.
Yup!
.:Physical Appearance (include dress style):.
Zachary_zps3upvpry4.jpg

He has dark brown hair that's often tousled or messy, bright green eyes, pale skin, and he prefers to wear black jeans and light blue or gray T-shirts with a gray hoodie.
.:Personality:.
He's a very open and easygoing guy. He's down for just about anything, and he's always up for having fun or hanging out with friends or talking about what's going on in your life. He's a pretty good secret keeper and he's very closed about his family, although he'll talk about just about anything else except his history and his family. He almost always offers up ideas in a brainstorming session, no matter how ridiculous, and he loves cracking jokes and making people smile and laugh. He's a very caring friend and he loves seeing his friends happy, and he's very sensitive to others' emotions and can almost always pick up on when people are feeling down, to the extent that he can sometimes even tell if they're typing differently, and he's always a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear if you need one. He's full of surprises, like the fact that he can oil paint and speak fluent Danish and bake and fix a car, and he won't mention these things unless they come up in conversation and sometimes surprises people with these various things.
.:Crush:.
Lukas Cunningham
.:Boyfriend/Girlfriend:.
Open
.:Family:.
Devon Danielsen - father
Yanna Danielsen - mother
Ryker Danielsen - older brother
.:Other Relationships:.
Blaise Elian Coleman - friends
.:History:.
He was born in Kilead, where his family has lived for three generations now, and his parents definitely share the town's views. He knew he was gay from the time he was thirteen on, and he came out about a year ago to his family and the school, and was promptly kicked out of his home with the words "Never come back here, you fucking queer" pretty much tossed after him. His family was and is hyper religious and very anti-gay, but he came out anyway despite this because he was hoping he could change their views by showing them they had a son who was one of those people they said they hated. It didn't work. He now lives with his uncle, who is away on business a lot and didn't really care so much about his nephew's sexuality and basically said 'whatever' and offered the kid a place to stay.
.:Pets:.
None
.:Other:.
Nothing

IT DID NOT WORK I AM SORRY I HAVE FAILED

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Welcome to the gay party

Think any of your chars could be buds with mine?
hmmmm. maybe Lilac and/or Gwen? Lilac because same age and they seem compatible for friendship, I think, and Gwen because Gwen is super friendly and they will be friends with EVERYONE.

hmmmm. maybe Lilac and/or Gwen? Lilac because same age and they seem compatible for friendship, I think, and Gwen because Gwen is super friendly and they will be friends with EVERYONE.
both maybe?

Holy jesus. Falling asleep seems to be a bad thing because I missed so. Many. Messages.

So then crushes are next for me. anyone?

tumblr_myvm1jle1z1so1w4zo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_muwyttng7L1slxmk5o1_500.gif

Baltimore Dallas Harris

Balto, Dale, Balt, Bal

.:Year:.
Senior

Male

.:Preferred Pronouns:.
He/Him

Homosexual

tumblr_mpqvs3PVEV1r6qguso2_250.gif

.:Nationality:.
German American

.:Out or Not:.
Nope

.:Member of the GSA:.
No

.:Physical Appearance:.
HS_Colton_15.gif

Boasting a wiry form, Baltimore stands at roughly 5'10" and weighs in at 172lbs. There's nothing much too distinct about his appearance other than his sharp features and multitudes of freckles dotting mainly his nose and some of his cheek. He has more coating his shoulders and back, but other than that, Baltimore would be considered at most, average for a guy his age. He's got an athletic build as per usual of a guy as active as he is and his blue eyes are more distinct than most. Or maybe it's Baltimore's own self-consciousness talking. He doesn't take much pride in his appearance as most, but he doesn't underrate the value of looking nice. Maybe he looks good, maybe he doesn't.

Regardless, Baltimore does like to dress up nicely on most occasions, or at least look somewhat above average. It's part of keeping up appearances. A clean look is a good look. On top of that, there's a confidence, however forced it is to him, that he's developed in the way he moves and walks. It's very deliberate and maybe a bit robotic, since his usual form isn't as chest puffed and shoulders out as what he gives other people. Closer friends know he's got more of a relaxed nature about him, with a slight nervous tinge to the way he moves—he's a very reactionary person and a lot of things tend to pull his attention due to his own anxiety. His actions tend to vary on the quick, almost twitchy side of things and in stressful environments, Baltimore can become rather paranoid and extremely jittery.

Appearances are everything to a family of such proportions and an impressionable young man can't often find much beyond what his family offers. It's often worse when said family is deep rooted in conflict. Sometimes it's a wonder how either parents staid married long enough to foster two children. Someone should have caved years before their first daughter came into the world, but that's only from an outside perspective. Stubbornness runs heavy in the family bloodline from both ends, so both their children and themselves vary on the headstrong side of things. And with parents having vastly different opinions, they often turn to their children in order to sway them to their side. Ammunition for their war.

Caught within the middle since his toddler years, the strain and stress of the environment he'd been raised in had a deep impact on how Baltimore developed. Having to handle severe anxiety on top of his parents made for a tough adolescence and drove Baltimore to develop further bad habits in order to cope. Prone to drinking at a young age, it's lead to serious situations in his high school years. Lucky for him, Baltimore is a rather mellow drunk, as it tends to relax him and often drives him away from his own mind. Of course, aside from that, Baltimore has various triggers that throw him into severe panic attacks, including extremely loud noises and complete darkness—nyctophobia. High stress environments can also induce more mild panic attacks, but only if he's sober. It's driven him from obnoxious parties to various sports related high school outlets, aside from gold and tennis, and large cities.

Of course, one doesn't get through high school without a way to hide all of these deep, dark secrets. It's his charisma that shadow the more negative aspects. Even when he's mentally dying inside due to minor social anxiety, on the outside, Baltimore is all smiles and an unwavering voice. Bottling everything up so no one can see has gotten him through a lot of things and with his family, appearances are everything. It's something he caught from his sister, who often does so in order to survive herself. The Harris family are a group of amicable people who love to put on a show for the public. Not many people know what goes on behind closed doors and neither parents have a want for anyone to find out. That means children who know exactly how to act in social environments and exactly what face they need to put on in order to do so.

N/A

N/A

Dallas Harris - Father - 50

City Planner and Architect

giphy.gif

Rayna Harris - Mother - 51

Head of a Real Estate company.

tumblr_my2ir0ONJv1qi0exfo1_500.gif

Arianna Harris Roth - Sister - 25

Software Engineer for Google's Branch near Kilead
Married to Lance Roth, who she met in college. He's a Chemistry Teacher at Kilead High.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mhjmtlkijw1s0fqw5o3_500_large.gif

Lance Roth - Brother-in-Law - 25

An out and proud asexual (demiromantic)l man, it's not really that difficult to get "acceptance" when you're asexual. By acceptance, I certainly mean people ignore the fact that he's asexual because he's got a wife. They essentially default him to straight. That's certainly not acceptance, but in a place that's very intolerant of the LGBTQIA+ community, it's really all he could ask for. Plus, people do like to think that the A in the acronym means Ally and not Asexual, so the total erasure of his sexuality isn't really a surprise. But, Lance likes to look on the positive side of things: at least he gets to keep his job and at least his wife actually, fully accepts him for who is his along with her brother.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18683-1376737350-5.gif

N/A

tumblr_m561o6hGOI1qb9n2vo1_500.gif

High society in a small town? Well there's gotta be someone to lead the way.

With a mother running a big end real estate company and a father set as the city planner and architect, the Harris family is a big name to live up to. It's not celebrity big, but then again, it's not hard to be famous in a small town—one just has to know what they're doing. And both parents know exactly what they're doing.

Born as natives to Kilead, both Dallas and Rayna grew up relatively close, within the poorer section of the town. They didn't have much, but they did have their thick headed determination to get them through their childhood. They both started their little romance in high school and eventually grew to be something more in college. With their stubbornness it honestly surprised most when they announced their wedding—it surprised a lot of people that they'd even staid together through college. But with Rayna expecting and both fresh out of college with high ambitions, it was only ever the next step. After the birth of their first little girl, Arianna, it took awhile for either to get their feet on the ground. It took hopping from state to state before gold struck and they made it big with Rayna's real estate company, Harris Better Homes, moving back to their home town. It took a little longer for Dallas to strike his gold, but he eventually came out on top as the city's future architect and thereby city planner.

That was about when Arianna turned six and about the time when Rayna and Dallas both had it out for each other. It was the competition of who brought home the bacon. Who earned the most respect. Who had the say in what. Money became everything to the both of them and politics and appearances even more so. Rayna had the more progressive mind and Dallas knew it, but not to the extent she expressed when she gained her podium. Dallas had a more conservative mind set, rooted in tradition and small town values. And as such they butted heads more often than hormone driven rams. The environment became so hostile for Arianna that the moment she was offered a spot in a prestigious boarding school out of state she damn well took it.

Unfortunately, that left the baby to his own devices. He was only nine by then and he definitely took to his sister in the heat of it all. Her attitude rubbed off on him and it only ever aided in the development of Baltimore's unsavory habits. Unfortunately, Arianna hadn't known this and took off without concern or her brother's health. She loved him dearly, sure, but she also thought he had inherited her stone skin and could survive their parents ceaseless squabbles. For Baltimore, it wasn't a stone skin he had, but a penchant for drinking to wash down the stress and anxiety. His sister had gained a sharp temper and a rebellious streak; she was loud and unruly, but it made her tough and hard. She cared deeply, but she didn't exactly know when to turn off the aggression. Baltimore, unfortunately, was the exact opposite and turned to others for help. When he wouldn't get that, he'd turn to other means of coping. He wasn't weak by any means, he just had a different way of handling his situation. It was his sister who shielded him, who coddled him and thus that's who he clung to. When he'd lost that life line, Baltimore was in shambles and he'd reached for anything and anyone who would allow it. As such, Baltimore was softer by nature and more impressionable than his sister, thus developing the anxiety and lack of healthy filters for his stress.

Of either of his parents, though, Baltimore took more to his mother than his father, if his sister wasn't their to aid him. Of course, after school she'd come back, if not for the job offer close to her home town, then for him. Mostly for her brother, though. She was the one who accepted him most for who he is and was literally the only person who knew of her brother's homosexuality. He hadn't told her, but it'd been kind of obvious growing up together. It just clicked for her, unlike it did for their parents; they were too far up each other's asses to know what their children were up to. But if anyone else would accept him further it'd probably be his mother.

However, due to the nature of their family's jobs, everyone living within Kilead knew who the Harris family was. Both Rayna and Dallas were in the public eye quite often and it was in their extrovert nature to further gain connections throughout the town. Everyone knew them and by extension everyone knew who their children were. It was a big name to live up to and it often meant Baltimore and Arianna had to keep up appearances, as well. It was due to this that both kids often held to their secrets with a vice grip. They had a lot to live up to and if anything were to uproot that, then their would be dire consequences for the family.

Going into high school, that was a heavy weight on Baltimore's shoulder. However, with his sister closer by than she'd been in years, it wasn't enough to crush Baltimore completely.

colton-haynes-smiling-photoshoot.gif

Petruchio - Cockatoo

major1.jpg

Katherina - Cape Parrot

IMG_0699ab-494x700.jpg

— Surprisingly talented at gymnastics
— Plays the cello. Not the best at it, but he's pretty decent.
— Goes to therapy for his anxiety and phobias. Doesn't tell a soul that isn't his sister and her husband. They help pay for it.
— He's got the worst laugh ever, holy shit.
— Adores birds.
— He sleeps with the lights on, since he's fucking terrified of the dark.
— Hates horror movies, but will pull through if he's forced to watch it due to social situations.
— His family is well off, but they wouldn't necessarily be considered super rich. They can afford to live comfortably, but not to spend their money without care.
— When things get really bad at the house, he often drives the forty-five minutes it takes to stay at his sister's place.
— He doesn't know how he feels about his brother-in-law being a teacher.

tumblr_m27kzzCsau1rntl15.gif

@alexianFireflies

Last edited by a moderator:
@alexianFireflies
Sure! That's be awesome. :D

@IceQueen
Sure!

@daemon_reaver
Hmm...I'm not sure if Christina is Danielle's type, but they could be secret friends? Like maybe they text each other but don't interact in public because Christina's parents wouldn't want her interacting with a lesbian?

giphy.gif

.:N A M E:.
Blaise Elian Coleman
.:N I C K N A M E:.
Elly | Button
.:A G E:.
.:Y E A R:.
Junior
.:G E N D E R:.
Male
.:P R E F E R R E D P R O N O U N S:.
He, Him, Himself, His

xoxo
large.gif

xoxo

.:S E X U A L O R I E N T A T I O N:.
Biromantic Pansexual
.:N A T I O N A L I T Y:.
American | German | Scottish
.:O U T or N O T?:.
Not
.:M E M B E R of the G S A?:.
Secretly, yes
.:P H Y S I C A L A P P E A R A N C E:.
Blaise stands at a height of 5'10". He has a lean stature and doesn't have much visible muscle on him. In fact, he's a pretty lanky individual, but without the awkwardness. His head is framed with slightly wavy, slightly curly hair that switches between two colors: chestnut brown and yellow-ish blond. One would usually look at one's eyebrows to tell what their natural hair color is but Blaise is an exception for his eyebrows change color as well. But, if asked, he'd tell you that the chestnut brown is his natural hair color. The teenager's skin is a pale complexion, which looks even lighter when he has his blond hair. His eyes are a dark chocolate.

Blaise doesn't have a set fashion that he sticks to or anything. It differs from plaids to striped sweaters. Anything that he takes a liking to is what you'd see on his body. Most of the time, it's dark or neutral colors. Rarely, he'd throw on a few bright colors, but it's not totally unheard of or unseen. His jeans also differ from regular to skinny. Most of his skinny jeans have rips at the knees or just all the way through. Combat boots and Converse are his favorite type of footwear.

.:P E R S O N A L I T Y:.
Timid - Unlike some of the people that Blaise admires, the young male is very cowardly. He isn't one to speak his mind, keeping to himself instead. It's rare that you'll see him gather up courage to do something. Not only is he low on courage, he's also low on self-confidence. Because of this, he doesn't think that highly of himself and often takes people's negative words to heart, believing them, which only drops his confidence more. With all of this comes the fact that Blaise is also easily frightened. It doesn't take much to scare him and he's already paranoid enough.
Cry-Baby - Not only is the teen fearful, he is also hypersensitive, both physically and emotionally. He bruises like anyone else, but, instead of brushing it off, he'd cry. To be honest, the teen would cry at the drop of a dime. He's what one would classify as a 'cry-baby', though it's better if you didn't mention it to him. His mood can easily take a turn for the sadder parts. The simplest things can tip him off so people try to tread carefully when around him.
Tender-Hearted - Blaise is a huge softy, inside and out, and everyone can see it. Because of this, he's not the best to give harsh advice or discipline anyone. His hypersensitivity coupled with his tender heart makes it easy for him to drop everything and help someone out. His tender-heartedness especially comes out with those younger than him. Some may even say that he seems fatherly. With this comes his extreme affection. He will always be up for a hug or a cuddle, especially if it would make someone feel better. Physical affection is one of the things that he happens to crave the most and he will never turn it down.

xoxo
tumblr_nb0rz7J6F51tgxn57o1_500.gif

xoxo

.:C R U S H:.
OPEN
.:B O Y F R I E N D/G I R L F R I E N D:.
OPEN
.:F A M I L Y:.
• Blair Coleman | 49 | Mother | Alive
• Elliot Coleman | 48 | Father | Alive
• Linda Coleman | 22 | Sister | Alive

.:O T H E R R E L A T I O N S H I P S:.
OPEN
.:H I S T O R Y:.
Blaise knew his parents were homophobic from the start. He also knew that they were abusive - his mother was emotionally, while his father was physically. How did he know all of this? Well, from his sister, of course. He wasn't the only non-straight child in the family. His sister had been lesbian and had came out to their parents, under the impression that they would accept her with open arms. At this time, he had been eleven and had been experiencing feelings for not just girls, but males as well. Scared of this new change, he was glad that his sister was there to calm him down and give him a talk about what was happening. So, when she came out to their parents, expecting hugs and acceptance to only receive disgust and abandonment, he had taken note of it, deciding to never come out.

But it didn't stop there, oh no. Because of the town that they've been living in since the test of time, Linda also got bullied outside of home. People who used to be her friends turned on her and would talk about how repulsive she was behind her back and to her face. She would get shoved around and laughed at with no one to help her. Blaise being as timid as he was would only watch as she got torn down in and out of the house. He would want to help, really, but would be too terrified to do so. There were times when Linda would yell at him for not helping, but would apologize soon after, knowing that, if he could, he would. She endured all of this for two whole years and then she was gone. Just like that, poof.

With Linda gone, Blaise's parents' focus shifted to him and him only. Throughout Linda's tortuous two years, they had convinced themselves that he was their favorite, their dream child. They doted over him as the years passed and would occasionally question him about crushes and such. Every time, he would shrug it off and they would just write it off as him being his usual timid self. This is what he's been doing for as long as he could remember. When the GSA was created, he didn't hesitate in joining at all. It was easy since his parents didn't question his school life and he never told them about it willingly.

Now, he's been secretly going to GSA meetings and praying everyday that no one would find him out. He's also been hoping that, one day, he'd be able to come out without being afraid. Linda has been visiting as much as she could, avoiding their parents in the process. She's always kept in touch with Blaise, helping him through his daily life with a lot of advice and encouragement.
.:P E T S:.
Lucille | 2 years old | Burmilla
.:O T H E R:.

theme

alexianFireflies
Aaaah, I've finally finished~! Whew, that took quite a while, but I'm happy with him ^^

And, once again, thank you @C r o m i c a l♥ for liking/loving him!

• Bucket of Rainbows
@alexianFireflies
Sure! That's be awesome. :D

@IceQueen
Sure!

@daemon_reaver
Hmm...I'm not sure if Christina is Danielle's type, but they could be secret friends? Like maybe they text each other but don't interact in public because Christina's parents wouldn't want her interacting with a lesbian?
problem: cell for her is rather restricted. bet you can guess why...

Now, I can see what relationships Blaise shall have...

Here's my second character! :D
tumblr_m94sjmw8CL1r00ke8o1_500.gif

Giovanni Remington Miles
Gio, Remy, Miles, Grim (GRM)
.:Year:.
Transgender Male
.:Preferred Pronouns:.
He/Him/His/Himself
Bisexual
tumblr_mlj4wo7O0q1r00ke8o1_500.gif

.:Nationality:.
American
.:Not Out:.
.:Member of the GSA:.
Noo-o
.:Physical Appearance:.
Like most teenage boys, Giovanni wears skinny jeans and various colored t-shirts. He tends to wear converse, when he's not participating in sports. His attire changes to match whatever sport he is a part of.
Giovanni is a happy go lucky guy, who hates to dwell on the sad things and the past. However even though he seems relatively stress free, he lives in constant fear that someone will find out about how he used to be a girl. Despite this, Giovanni doesn't overcompensate for his masculinity, and he doesn't purposely target members of the gay community, however he will ignore people who are being abused for fear of the abusers turning on him.
tumblr_m2hshwwsu81rrk9t4o1_400.gif

TBA
OPEN but at the moment he will only have a girlfriend.
Stella Miles - Mother - Deceased
David Miles - Father - Deceased
Barbara Miles - Grandmother - Alive
TBA
Giovanni wasn't born in Kilead, in fact for the first thirteen years of his life, he wasn't anywhere near the narrow minded town. Giovanni was born in Vermont in a neighborhood where practically everyone was friendly and didn't bat an eye when Giovanni transitioned. Giovanni loved Vermont and never wanted to leave, unfortunately, tragedy struck and his parents were killed in a fire. Giovanni was at his friend's house at the time, so he wasn't hurt. Unfortunately, even though his neighbors were like family, the law stated that Giovanni had to go to his next living relative, and that happened to be Barbara Miles, a stern old woman filled to the brim with hate. When Giovanni was younger and still a girl, he was close to his grandmother, but when he transitioned, she banned him from ever coming to visit her again because he was a 'sinful abomination destined for hell'. The only reason that she was willing to accept him now was because in her old age she couldn't maintain the house like she used to, and needed a handy man. She told him that she would let him live with her with the exception of him playing the part of an actual boy and not taking part in hellish activities (like dating both sexes or joining the GSA). Having no other choice, Giovanni agreed.
Barbara has two ill tempered cats;
images
mean-cat.jpg
After months of begging Barbara allowed Giovanni to get a pet, but not a cat because she didn't want anyone to think he was being feminine. (Because she's one of those pricks who thinks boys should have dogs and girls should have cats)
AmericanBulldogCoreah.jpg
His birth name was Giovanni Rachel Miles
original.gif

alexianFireflies

• Bucket of Rainbows