Kyōkai World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light is good in this case. Works well as a hook, since she's the jailbait possible trap androgynous character and all. Push along the golden question of her real gender and all that. I've been thinking about making a hot-headed older sister figure maybe, but I'm afraid that might kill the mystery for me too quickly, especially given the good point regarding the hot springs you've brought up...

2 character limit, I must select my second character wisely.

If Edward hints that signups will be closing, I will make that character.

5362au.jpg

34ybibr.jpg

"The past can't be redone, I'll try my best not to repeat the same mistake done by the old me."

Photo-Enigmatic-divider-leaf.png

~Daughter of Murant~
Other than this one, people can simply call her with 'Lin' rather than the long 'Paverline'

HEIGHT
5'5''
WEIGHT
116 lbs

PERSONALITY
Overly Patient
Paverline's patience is unlimited. You can test it over and over again, and she will still hold her anger down to her heart. It's not easy to piss her off, well she never show it anyway. Paverline will try her best to take deep breath and smile when someone is playing with her temper. She often tries to hard until one time, she blew it up. Paverline once, just once, killing a man accidentally out of her fury. Well... it was back then, like dozens years ago when she... ah just read her history. So yeah, she still had her limit, it is just hard to poke it and for your own sake, you better not try.
"Ah yes, that's okay, I will do it myself. Oh you are going to leave your work again tomorrow? Hmm, okay, I'll try my best. Eh? For a week? Hmm... I don't know, but I'll try."

Sympathetic
The way she is so patient might because he is also sympathetic. She feels pity over almost everything. A cat that keeps scratching her favorite sofa (she thought that it needed some attention, so she spent her whole day playing with the cat), a rat that munching on her shoes (she thought that it was hungry, so she gave it cheese), even a thief that steals her money at market (she thought that his wife was sick *the thief lives alone with no family alive*. so she gave him even an extra money). Her sympathetic personality sometimes can be replaced with foolishness or naivety. Anything you want.
"Are you hungry, mister? Here take my bread. Oh, you need money to buy clothes, here I still have pocket money. Eh? You need my necklace too? It's quiet important for me... Eh? You want to give it for your daughter's birthday? Here take it, I can buy it again later."

Indecisive
Paverline hates to make a choice. It's better to stay with people's wish. She's afraid that her choice will bring disaster and problem to people around her. If the condition doesn't force her to choose, she won't choose. Paverline even won't pick sides unless both sides have stated their alignment very clearly. She stays for good side, but then again she can't really choose.
"Which one is better? Hmm, the pink one? No, no, no, the red one looks pretty too. But the pink one will bring your eyes more, but but the red one makes you slimmer. Ah! You pick it yourself, please don't burden me with such responsibility...."

Impressionable
Still connected with her previous personalities, it's easy to influence this elf. Just throw some facts coupled with sad eyes and emotions, she will surely... undoubtedly... will say yes with everything you say.
"I don't really think that is a good idea... Yes, I know we need to do that. Yes, I wanna help too... Oh, no, don't cry! I will do that, okay, let's do this!"

Dependent
With bunch of her personalities mentioned above, Paverline can't stand on her own. She needs someone to guide her, to help her, to take care of her. She can't stand walking alone in a lonely road. Paverline is afraid of loneliness. If she is attached to someone, she will do almost anything to make them stay. She is quiet... hopeless. Well in short, Paverline is a perfect loyal sidekick.
"Can I stay with you? Yes, yes, I will do anything, please just don't leave me alone again."

BRIEF HISTORY
Paverline's story would be awfully long, well not that long, but can't be called as brief either. Go check it yourself if you have free time or just skip it, that's perfectly okay.

Before Paverline grows this kind of personality, she was quiet a different person...
Paverline was a young brave sorcerer under the teaching of Sir Murant, the strong warlock at the south. Paverline never had parents for she was abandoned at Sir Murant's small house at the forest, she never knew what was the reason and she didn't bother herself to find. Paverline somehow glad that they left them with Sir Murant for she could learn magic right from the expert. Sir Murant treated her like his own daughter which made Paverline loved him so much like her own father too. The old warlock had something big planned for this little naive elf, he saw it as something to help Paverline, but no one knew what exactly planned in his mind.

Years went by, Paverline became more and more adept with magic. Sir Murant often praised her skill as incredibly compelling, Paverline always smiled in proud when she heard that compliment. Little she knew that simple encouragement was the signal that she was ready for something bigger, for the plan he had made for the past years.

One night, Sir Murant went to some sort of quest, he told Paverline that he would be back in several days. He also mentioned to not looking for him and stayed at home until he came back. Paverline nodded and waited for her teached to come back. Three days... Five days... One week... Two weeks... One month... No news from the warlock which made Paverline grew anxiety in her heart. She wondered what kind of quest that able to take his time for that long. Paverline remembered it clearly how he said to wait patiently, but Paverline couldn't wait anymore. Packing with only her staff, Paverline set out journey to find Sir Murant.

Town after town, cave after cave, Paverline hadn't crossed path with Sir Murant nor found important information about his whereabouts. She almost gave up, but seeing how far she had gone, she decided to keep going. Her wasted time and hard work paid with tiny crucial information about Sir Murant. Paverline found out that he was somewhere near the mysterious cursed mountain far to the north. They said going to that place meant suicidal, but she thought if Sir Murant could do it, so she did.

Upon her arrival at the mountain, she immediately found a little camp, Paverline positively thought that it was Sir Murant's. Finding no one resting inside, Paverline decided to inspect deeper to the mountain. It was filled with monsters, but Paverline had no fear. Though her magic was mostly for support, Paverline managed to reach the peak, she used her brain to make strategy to keep her alive.

There... she saw Sir Murant, binding himself in dark crimson rope and a glowing stone with strange words carved on it. Panicking, Paverline shook Sir Murant to wake him up, but her effort that time changed her whole life upside down. Sir Murant woke up with his eyes glowing red just like blood. His tongues was black while strange tattoo covered his half face.

"Told you not to come... Told you to stay..."

"You've been gone for one month! How could you expect me to stay?"

"Fool... If you are more patient, we will able to rule the world... AARGGHH!"

Sir Murant turned into something horrible, monstrous, something unimaginable before. It seemed like Paverline had broken the ritual that made Sir Murant changed into monster, half perfect monster for he still had his human face and hands. He attacked Paverline brutally, it seemed like every memory they had been through vanished into thin air. Sir Murant looked at her like prey than his precious daughter.

Fierce battle could no longer averted. They fought with all their might to save their own life. Hours passed by, both sides had damaged severly and barely survive. That moment, Sir Murant's failed to work properly for he didn't finish the ritual which made him gone mad. With this opportunity, Paverline released her final spell to make Sir Murant slept forever and it surprisingly worked. Sir Murant back to his old self, but his life couldn't be saved. Paverline ran to his side laboriously, tears ran down on her cheek.

"Dear... Paverline... I... have better... better plan for you... If only you can be... more patient... we can... we can..."
It turned out to be his last words. Paverline never knew his true intention nor what he was trying to pursue. All that she knew that she had killed his own teacher... no his own father... she had done something terrible...

"Sir Murant! No! Don't leave me! I'm sorry! I wish I was more patient, I wish I waited for you, please... don't leave me... please..."
Her sobs couldn't bring the death to life. She was shock and terribly depressed. This event was the major reason she turned into Paverline today.

In the middle of her tears, Paverline brought herself to sleep with Sir Murant's dead body in her arms. Paverline didn't remember what happened after that. Someone or something took her back from the mountain. She couldn't find Sir Murant with her, she was alone and scared. She had no one to hold on. She was standing on her feet alone in this wide world.

When Paverline asked around her where she was, they calmly said that she was in Wheelville.
If only... I was more patient...
If only... I spared his life...
If only... I didn't choose to chase after him...
If only... I listened more to him...

He would still stay here and breathing...
I wouldn't need to be alone for I'm scared having no one on my side...

Sir Murant... I'm sorry... I will become a better person from today...

RACE
High Elf
WEAPON
Staff
(Just like in her picture)​
TOOLS

Blue Orb
This Blue Orb stores spirits that killed within 100 m from her. These spirits can be used to boost her magic. It needed a lot of spirits to be able to boost her magic significantly. Human spirits works better than monster's, but she can't just killing off human for her own sake
TYPE
Sorcerer
MAGIC
Her magic mostly used to support her allies and inflict negative statuses to enemies. Paverline has several offensive spells, but they don't deal severe damage and used majorly to slow down enemies. She can also do healing, but not massive healing where she can fully restore people, it's more like minor healing. If she trains harder and makes pact with elemental spirits, she can ask their help to assist her in battle. However, Paverline hasn't reached that step and she really need to polish her skill to make the elemental spirits acknowledge her capabilities. She has a long rocky way to go.

Wild Flowers
Independent Person
Rainbow after Rain
The Scent of Incense
Sunrise and Sunset

DISLIKES
Loneliness
Death
Picking Side
Left Without Reason
Early Dinner

HOBBIES
Making Bouquet of Flowers
Baking Chocolate Cookies
Practicing Her Magic
Gardening

Last edited:
Have no fear...
TEAM KICKASS IS HERE!

image.jpeg
"Cheese."
"Don't shove me out of the fucking picture you idiot!"
Names:
Mali and Malcan
Nickname:
The two of them together call themselves Team Kickass and Mali sometimes refers to Malcan as Malc.
Mali is 23 and Malcan is however many of his fingers he can count at the time, occasionally including toes. (31)
Height:
Mali is 5'9" and Malcan is 7'6"
Weight:
Mali knocked the last guy who asked her that out and Malcan crushed his rib cage by accidentally sitting on him.

Personality:
Mali is a challenge seeking tomboy with bravery that almost always overlaps her reason. Never one to sit still, she's made bored easily and never misses a chance for adventure. Loyal to her freinds, ruthless to her enemies, quick tempered ,and never one to over-complicate things. Years of misadventure have made her swift-witted and able to catch little details easily. That said, she can be uncomfortable when surrounded by people she doesn't know, even more when they invade her personal space. Her confidence often makes her seem boastful and her lack of manners almost always bothers people.

Malcan is gullible, impulsive, extremely dim-witted, and loyal. He'll do anything for his freinds and is much easier to explain then Mali. He also has a fear of cats.

Brief History:
Mali was born only to be sacrificed to the Cult of Sali-Wen, a supposed god that took the form of a demonic wolf. Before her father stuck a knife into her heart however she was saved by a Malcan, a young half-orc belonging to the nearby Timberfist Tribe. She was made a honorary member of said tribe and, because her parents never named her, she assumed the name Mali. (It was custom for one's name to begin with that of the tribe's founder, Mal Timberfist.)

Mali was raised and taught by the wisest tribe elder who possessed slightly above average intelligence as she and Malcan grew up to form a unbreakable bond. When they came of age the two set out to become (in)famous adventurers, plundering dungeons and slaying beasts. Then proceeding to spend all the money on obtaining all of any currently available alcoholic beverage within a three mile raidus and drinking it all in one night until they black out. Such a ritual was practiced the night before they ended up in WheelVille, but such a result isn't their first.

Race:
Mali is human and Malcan is a half-orc.

Weapon:
Mali wields a ebony bow with notches from the claws and teeth of every type of monster she's slain. She also has two hunting knifes.
Malcan carries his steel great axe everywhere he goes. It's too heavy for anything with strength less then that orc to be wielded effectively.

Tools:
Mali always carries a rope, a metal hook, and a satchel.

Type:
Mali is a Ranger/Hunter
Malcan is a Barbarian
A good fight Hitting things
Being awesome Mali being happy
Alcohol Alcohol

Dislikes:
Mali- Malcan-
Boring situations Being hungry
Puzzles Hurting his brain
Malcan being stupid Mali throwing
things at him
Being betrayed When someone
talks about Mali's
boyfriend
Hobbies:
Mali secretly has a very good singing voice and practices any time she's alone.

Malcan is eternally searching for his long lost pet rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh... A little lengthy I know... Apologies. ^_^"

The profile looks good Crono, love the two characters... Though I just realized I'm the only one who made a Ecchi based profile. D:

The Wizard in the Haze

"When the time comes, no matter what stands in your way... Never falter in your decisions."

4e4c8697_3faa4750_preview6e8b61ac1d2663a2ade5689963735991-1.jpg

Name:
Tseng Precht

Nickname:
-

Height:
6'1"

Weight:
185 lbs

Personality:
Though a kind and sometimes mellow man to those he meets, Tseng rarely shows a genuine smile, or any sort of emotion aside from anger. He is steeped in the beliefs of old, but appreciates the myriad advances in technology and science. While he appears solemn, Tseng does not always keep his thoughts to himself, all the while acknowledging that some truths are more harmful than lies. He enjoys quiet, easygoing company, but will not normally go out of his way to keep them. Despite treating others politely, this is him merely putting up a front, and his actions mask his true opinions of a person. This manner of carrying himself as a gentleman further feeds the rumors of his origins, though Tseng is wont to address the matter as the trait of a country person, whilst adding little more. Barring the need to fulfill his obsessive cleaning tendencies, his hobbies, or his work, the older wizard lives moderately. He can be frighteningly sharp, and yet become lost in his own thoughts just as often.

Brief History:
Tseng Precht had once been the member of a house of nobility, as well as a young prodigy of a sorcerer. He fought for a kingdom that no longer exists - destroyed by civil war and disease twenty years ago. The land tore apart, and those who survived begin to craft their own monarchs. Tseng, now left with nothing, departed from the ruined castle walls of his deceased king, and fled across the seas. He was never seen again.

...At least, that's how the story goes for some.

To most others, the traveling wizard Tseng is pleasant, albeit slightly secretive company. He is said to have walked nearly every mile of the land, but the man doesn't bother to elaborate on that claim, further adding to his enigmatic nature. However, he isn't averse to divulging his goals, apparently, and Tseng seems almost always earnest in his bid to research and document the new forms of magical technology being created across the land, and returning to a certain town to report his findings to a superior. His latest destination in mind happens to be the town of wheels. However, the journey didn't exactly go as he had planned it to...

--||--

Appearance:
He has a scar near his left eye, and his face may be covered in a light stubble half the time despite his supposed obsession with cleanness. His black cloak and general attire however is almost always immaculate, and he dedicates a few kinds of mundane spells each and every day to make sure of that.

Race:
Human

Weapon:
Cane

Tools:
Plain Cleaning Kit
Plain Bathing Kit
Spare Clothes
Plain Medicine Set (w/ syringes)
Old Alchemy Kit
Bundle of Measuring Instruments
Field Journal and Ink
Research Notes and Journal
Old Alchemy Codex
Borrowed Bestiary
Copied Bestiary (in progress)
"All-Around Field Guide for the Working Man"
"The Huntress' Recipes"
"As I Looked into the Eyes of the Last Creature in the World"
"Nights Along the Ocean Spires"
"Love and Distress in Arcadia"
Cooking and Serving Set for One
Magnifying Glass
Silver Rings
Tranquilizer
Hunting Knife
Bundle of Chains
Holding Satchel
(the satchel is enchanted to be able to store all previously mentioned items)

Type:
Sorcerer

Magic:
He supplants the traditional staff and other instruments for a cane that allows him to more quickly brandish his spells and curses. Thousands of large crow feathers can also appear from the inside of his cloak to act as talismans for Tseng to remotely channel his magic into, for a variety of effects such as sealing the target's movement, turning them into liquid, or destroying their enchantments. An offensive-oriented sorcerer, his magic mostly revolves around magnetism, crows, and fire.

--||--

+ sticky rice
+ non-alcoholic drinks
+ books
+ relaxing bath
+ song and music
+ fragrant herbs
+ peace

Dislikes:
- arrogance
- rubbish
- shaving
- unnecessary violence
- harsh wilderness
- bad weather
- criminals
- non-human races

Hobbies:
> researching magic and science
> reading on mythology and history
> formulation of new spells and enchantments
> taking slow baths while reading
> trying to cook
> cleaning

Pirouette of Flowers and Knives

"Familiarity breeds likability. I guess that's why some people and dogs can grow so close."

latest

Name:
Yasuha Ōba

Nickname:
Yasu

Height:
5'8"

Weight:
96 lbs

Personality:
Headstrong and serious, Yasuha is a gung-ho performer, though the girl herself painfully admits she's much more pleasant from a distance rather than up close. She's constantly afraid that everyone around her is an idiot, no matter how annoying or endearing they are to her. In the hopes that she can prevent them from murdering themselves, she developed a critical and harsh exterior. Being a slight perfectionist, Yasuha yearns to outdo others in what she does, and that includes fighting and marksmanship. Towards this end, she trains herself often to be able to achieve victory in the least number of moves.

Despite being hot-blooded, she isn't reckless, and puts her sharp wit to good use in analyzing a predicament beforehand, although she doesn't always succeed. As a trait left on her by (strangely enough) her father, Yasuha has strong maternal instincts towards others. This leans more towards "tough-love", however, and is proof of the strange methods used by her father to raise her.

Brief History:
Yasuha is the daughter of a performer for show. After the death of her mother due to illness, the father brought Yasuha along with him to join a traveling troupe of performers to better put food on the table for the both of them. Growing up within the troupe, she acquired a strange clothing sense, among other things. She and her father remained with the troupe, Agnes Cirque, for years, on account on her father's amazing skills as both a knife-thrower and acrobat, and the friends they've made in the troupe, including the ringleader. Yasuha loves her father, but his lackadaisical attitude has almost gotten him killed many times over the years, both in and out of performance, which served to develop her nagging tendencies.

Seven months ago, her father decided they both needed a vacation, but him more so. He went into a short retirement, but not before revealing to Yasuha that there was an errant he needed her to do. An aging family friend of theirs was to leave the troupe and join another group for his own reasons, which included a visit to his childhood hometown. Her father requested that Yasuha join the other group alongside this friend, and take care of him until his final performance. Yasuha agreed, but not before her father promised her not to get into more trouble.

Yasuha joined the old man, and he managed to teach her many things as they lived together in the span of four months, before he finally settled down in his hometown at the end of his career. Yasuha, glad, decided to return home. It was then that she found out her father had gone off somewhere to travel the weeks before. He left a message with the troupe, thankfully, but declined to tell her where he was headed.

In the message was another paragraph, telling her that she shouldn't plan to live out the rest of her life by his side. Her father capped off the message by encouraging her to go out and see the world for herself (and maybe find him a grandkid or two, but she won't tell you that). While she festered over the whole thing, her ringleader invited her to sit down for a drink, and he spent the entirety of the night telling her all about when he was young himself.

This was just the push Yasuha seemed to need. She decided then that maybe a vacation was just what she needed to discover what she wanted to do most with life. And so, after saying her goodbyes, Yasuha was by herself again, dropping off at one of the cities where the Cirque stopped. That had been three months ago. Now, by happenstance, she finds herself in Wheelville...?

Character Type:
All-Purpose

--||--

Appearance:
Yasuha is a very slender girl, so much that she appears lanky. She is also quite light, to the point that her tools and knives make up one third of her overall weight. Her fingers are rough and full of scars from handling her knives, and her breasts are very small, so people often mistake her for a boy.

Race:
Human

Weapon:
Throwing Knives

Tools:
Map
Poison Vial
Drug Vial
Metal String
Skeleton Key
Custom-made Glasses

Type:
Trickster

Magic:
-

--||--

- calculated action
- winning
- keeping grudges
- physical activities
- money
- sleeping late
- gifts

Dislikes:
- sounding like an idiot
- looking like an idiot
- acting like an idiot
- annoying idiots
- idiots
- books
- selfish people
- smart-asses
- obliviousness
- people finding out she can't read very well

Hobbies:
> training her mind and body
> going over her performance routine
> developing new routines for show
> trying to get magic tricks to work
> hearing other people's stories
> collecting mountain flowers

Triggers:
* bathing scene
* battle damage
* losing her glasses
* sleeping in her undies
* loose-fitting clothes + water = profit
* tentacles = 2x profit (god no)

Scenes:
Hopefully rare.

• Love
Reactions: Crono and Kame
Can't finish Paverline now, but I add her personalities and a sneak peek to her history. Promise will finish it tomorrow because I mostly free~

Reactions: Kame
Just in case you didn't notice, I finish my character ^^ @Edward

Elderhyme? Is this like the first part of a saga?

Elderhyme? Is this like the first part of a saga?
Elderhyme is the name of the island, If you read either the interest check or the overview section you will notice that the island is named that. Regardless of the name if all possible yes i would love to see this roleplay last as long as a saga. It would be awesome to see these characters grow old together and create a saga, a story, a legacy to carry upon the shoulders of the next generation.

In Wheelville. Apparently, Tseng doesn't remember a thing about arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.