5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural
In5cAUZ.jpg

ABOUT ME...

Hello, and welcome!

After being on this site for quite some time, I've realized that I haven't really widened out when it comes to rp partners. While I've long been more of a group rp person, I find that 1x1s also have their merits and think it's high time I find some new people to write with! Before I get into it, here's a little information about me:
  • I rp solely in threads. I just find it easier that way
  • My posting speed varies. All I can say is be patient, and don't be afraid to pm a reminder to me. I never abandon an rp; I just sometimes get busy with work and, well, other fun stuff. Feel free to shoot me a pm if I haven't responded in like two weeks or something. I will most definitely get back to you.
  • I like lengthy replies, so anywhere from a paragraph to multiple paragraphs is good.
  • Communication is key. Please let me know about any hiatus or anything else going on.
  • I can play either gender.
  • I will play all genres except for school life. I didn't like school when I had to go, and yet you want me to rp it…? No thanks
  • Romance is my weak spot, but I am fine with platonic characters as well
  • I prefer not to do anything redstar-ish, but I will hear you out on ideas
  • I do enjoy fandom rps, but characters must be original
  • Character skeletons are a must. If not a fully fleshed out one, at least a character summary
  • Pictures are also a requirement. Sorry, but I need a visual of what the heck your character looks like. I can't go off words alone; then it becomes inorganic (to me, anyways)
  • Feel free to suggest an rp not included on this thread!

PLOT IDEAS...

[MxF] A prominent gangster hires an assassin to kill the leader of a rival gang. They have offered to expunge her criminal record, as well as pay her handsomely for her service. But there is a catch: her target is an old flame, one she has still not gotten over. And he is very much aware that she has been assigned to kill him.

[MxM] In a freak accident, a bus carrying a load of prisoners is overturned. Two men are able to escape together and now live on the run. The only problem? They are handcuffed together, and must find a way to break free. This relationship can be either platonic or amorous; either way, I'll be sure to have fun with it lol.

[MxF] In in the throes of the Civil War, a Union deserter and a woman suspected of murder embark on converging paths towards redemption, in a little town in Utah. Once there, they soon find out that this small village is much more sinister than it lets on.

[MxF] A forgotten god/goddess is disillusioned by their lack of worshippers and becomes virtually powerless, until one day, someone prays to them for a single wish.

[MxF] A modern-day Cinderella and Prince Charming story. Pretty simple concept. We can work out the little details later on.

[MxF/M] In the year 2110, deep space missions are a common commodity, and can be especially lucrative for the parties involved. Two agency veterans are tasked with transporting a small mining team off a distant planet. But after finding the entire team murdered, the mission takes a turn for the worse.

PAIRINGS...

• supernatural x supernatural/human
  • criminal x law enforcement
  • spy x spy
  • bodyguard x client
  • rival thief x rival thief
  • royalty x royalty/peasantry
  • jinn x human
  • married person x best friend
  • bounty hunter x bandit [Wild Wild West theme]
  • sex worker x client
  • singer x fellow bandmate
  • stranded astronaut x alien
  • single parent x au pair
  • famous celebrity x manager
  • kidnapper/criminal x hostage

I will be continually updating these lists as requests are fulfilled and new ideas come to me. Again, feel free to suggest any other idea to me that's not included on this thread. I have stated what genres I don't like to rp in, so anything outside of that I am open to. Upon you pming me, I will ask for a writing sample from a previous rp. I promise, it's not coming from some sort of elitist mindset. I just like to see how my partner's writing style is before we begin, just because...I'm nosy? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WRITING SAMPLE...

This is for anyone who wants to know my writing style beforehand. Please read at your discretion, and decide if my writing will be compatible with yours.

(Preface: This character--Solomon--is a time-traveler, and after learning from his friend Dest that fellow time-travelers--the Angela's--are trying to blackmail them, he flew into a rage. This is my following reply to Dest.)

Solomon's thoughts were running amok in his head. He wanted to do something violent for sure. But he couldn't concentrate long enough to decide what he wanted to do. All he could think about was the new gear being thrown in their wheels. The race to get all the orbs had already seemed nearly impossible and now of all things, here came the Angela's. God, why did all the women in his life have to be so damn obnoxious? Muttering incoherent words under his breath, he didn't really notice that Dest was approaching him. The man was already quiet in his movements, and with Solomon being distracted with thoughts of where to get explosives (so he could blow those motherf*cking bitches sky high), it wasn't hard for him to creep up on him. One minute Solomon was staring at brown bark; a blink later, he was caught in scarlet eyes. He sucked in a breath but stayed silent, not trusting himself to speak. Dest, too, was silent. Pensive, even. As if he were patiently waiting for his current funk to pass. Solomon wondered briefly how long he would be willing to wait, if maybe this moment could outlast all his current troubles and leave him with one white-haired man who looked at him in ways no one had ever done before. But that was all childish talk, of course. All it took was one soft prod on the shoulder to dispel his thoughts.

"Not really nice of you, Sol, scaring the birds away." Now it was Dest attempting a joke, albeit one dry as sand. "You're not a morning person, so you of all people should be considerate. Who wants to be up before the sun?" Dest finished. Briefly, a tiny smile tinged his lips, but it was short-lived; it was gone before the moon's light touched it. It was then that Solomon looked at him, like really looked at him. There hadn't been time to notice earlier, what with Ginger and the Angela's and Dest's anger and now his anger. But with his foul mood slowly dissipating the longer he stood there, he saw what he'd been too busy to see earlier. He knew exhaustion when he saw it, and Dest was exhausted. Period. There was no questioning it. The poor kid looked like he hadn't slept in days, and maybe there was some truth to that. The night before their raid on Big Ben had been more plotting than anything; what little time they'd allotted to sleeping was spent tossing and turning in their beds. He already knew Dest hadn't slept the night before either. And that joke of a nap at the inn could hardly be counted. So, in all honesty, the kid was running on fumes. Solomon let a soft hum escape him.

"Look, this sucks. I get it. But we got ourselves into this mess, so we've got to get ourselves out of it too," Dest said in a low tone, "Let's talk more about this on the ship." Then, with a nod towards the ladder and pointed look, "Rationally."

"Fine." His words still had residual anger in them. Solomon looked away from Dest, hating himself for making Dest have to placate him. "You first." He turned away, feeling his fingers along his mark on the tree.

Last edited:
Reactions: mango
If you're still interested, I'd like to try either the first or second idea.

Ahti. The name repeated itself in Maria's head as if preparing the ex-princess for repeated use of the word. The young dragon before him was nothing his nursemaid's stories had prepared him for. Talons as long as a human's finger, glossy scales as beautiful and sharp as diamonds, creators meant for the sky. Beasts that would swallow a man whole in one gulp.

Maria's brothers had raised him to hate the creatures who had slain his ancestors with ease. His teachers had raised him to flee the moment he saw one. His mother had ordered him to fight – to the death if need be. His father had raised him to surrender – to do whatever he needed to make it home alive.

Yet, here before Ahti (Ahti, Ahti, Ahti) every reaction that had been programmed into Maria concerning dragons seemed to vanish, leaving him with one thought: lovely. He would be content to marvel Ahti's beauty indefinitely, but the crying babe in Ahti arms freed Maria from that thought and snapped him into action. There were no servants in the courtyard, each one having fled someplace they believed the fighting couldn't reach them, only hardened soldiers loyal to the crown.

If you're still interested, I'd like to try either the first or second idea.

Ahti. The name repeated itself in Maria's head as if preparing the ex-princess for repeated use of the word. The young dragon before him was nothing his nursemaid's stories had prepared him for. Talons as long as a human's finger, glossy scales as beautiful and sharp as diamonds, creators meant for the sky. Beasts that would swallow a man whole in one gulp.

Maria's brothers had raised him to hate the creatures who had slain his ancestors with ease. His teachers had raised him to flee the moment he saw one. His mother had ordered him to fight – to the death if need be. His father had raised him to surrender – to do whatever he needed to make it home alive.

Yet, here before Ahti (Ahti, Ahti, Ahti) every reaction that had been programmed into Maria concerning dragons seemed to vanish, leaving him with one thought: lovely. He would be content to marvel Ahti's beauty indefinitely, but the crying babe in Ahti arms freed Maria from that thought and snapped him into action. There were no servants in the courtyard, each one having fled someplace they believed the fighting couldn't reach them, only hardened soldiers loyal to the crown.

Hi, thanks for the interest! I just shot you a pm.

Hello! I'm interested in roleplaying with you, particularly fandom rps. May I ask what fandoms you are in?

As for my writing style:
It was a rather chilly night, colder than most nights. Most people would be in their homes by now, warming up with a nice cup of hot chocolate. Not Felix. He was perched on underneath the roof of a makeshift porch one of the taller scraphouses in the second sector of The Slums, and he was getting more irritable with every passing second.

He didn't mind the cold, but unlike back inside the main city, it was damp as well, with the passing rain coming now and then. By the time he found shelter, he was sopping wet, and he felt like killing someone.

With their job tonight, that was possible, and the thought of that lifted his spirits a little bit.

His earpiece, clipped on his right cat ear, buzzed. Lifting a hand up to press the small microphone on his shirt, Felix, still in a rather grouchy mood, grumbled , "You find your target yet?"

His partner for tonight and fellow Royale, Shirogane Hanahaki, promptly answered, "No, but we're getting close. My unit and I found his tracks. He smashed a bunch of houses on his way, so he's easy to find." A pause. "What about you?"

This time it was Felix who paused. "Well...."

Shiro didn't take that as a good sign. "You're not even trying are you?"

"Hey, cut me some slack. I told my unit to spread out and report immediately if they ever find my target." He smirked. They had two Arcana members each at their disposal, so why not make use of his resources? "Besides, I've been smelling him out."

That elicited an irritated sigh from Shiro. "Felix, you are a cat, not a dog, so how can you-"

"Right, right, I'm not a dog. That's why we brought you, didn't we?" The Cat grinned to himself. He could almost hear Shiro gritting her teeth with frustration.

"Felix-"

Before Shiro could finish her sentence, however, Felix straightened up, his cat ears twitching. "I... might have to go." His smirk turned into a grin as his eyes scanned the horizon. a scraphouse had fallen, and while they may be unstable, they down fall as if smashed to the ground by something. At least, not easily.

"We found our little mouse." Without waiting for Shiro's reply, Felix switched channels and purred over the microphone, to his unit, "Kittens, mouse sighted. Five o'clock of your position."

How'd he kept track of their position, they'd never know, as Felix didn't waste any time explaining, and instead got up, stretched, and began leaping towards their target's position.

Shiro, on the other hand, was in the middle of a ring of junk. She'd last seen her target enter the place, and while she may have lost him, his footprints were easy to find. Rapier out, she studied her surroundings carefully.

The white-haired Royale placed a hand over her earpiece. "Unit I, this is Rabbit. Target has been found. Please find your way to the junkyard by - " She glanced up. "A rusted watertower. Immediately."

Shiro was tempted to call Felix again as well, but knowing that he was doing his job, again in his own way, she kept still. She stayed were sh was, knowing that their target wasn't moving anytime soon, just like her. Once her unit arrived however, the target would be an mouse caught in a trap. The only problem wwas how they were going to handle this mouse.

Shiro's rapier flashed in the dark, water dripping down the blade. Soon enough there'll be blood staining the metal, if her instincts proved right.

Status
Not open for further replies.