{KRYSIN: Virtual Reality}

"Holy crap! This really is state of the art!" Aiden exclaimed after hearing the tutorial. He didn't want to interrupt the woman, even if she was just a program, he figured he best try to fit in here and get a better reputation in the game than he had in real life. Yelling out excitedly at the tutorial lady would be most unbecoming.

He then decided to tour the city a bit more as he looked around. It was like never he had seen before, there was no way to simulate landscape like this in real life. Seeing an island floating in the sky, futuristic buildings and other sights truly impressed him. Kry City was something he would never forget. He was not really big on video games yet this one was different.

Despite all the sight-seeing though, he did have some questions on his mind. He decided he would take advantage of the green question mark as he hovered his hand above it and began to ask, "Excuse me please I have a question, you mentioned we could have parties of no more than three people, right? Well how does one start a party?" He had a good idea in asking that question, he couldn't get a good reputation if he stuck to playing KRYSIN solo. If he was to take on this Her'ith creature he wanted to be prepared. For now he awaited a response.

If someone had a tape measure on hand, they would be able to surely prove Adelaine's eyes had grown five more inches wide in circumference. This could possibly be an exaggeration, of course, but close enough. Shoving the covers away from her, causing them to hit the floor, the girl crawled over anxiously to the packages on her hands and knees. Squealing happily as she brought her palms down on the taped over cardboard flaps, her tiny fingers grasped tightly, ripping them apart from each other. Winston seemed to feel the energy in the room, as he ditched his food bowl and ran over to yelp and watch from the floor. His jittery movements and little hops reflected a once younger version of himself. To be specific, when he was two weeks old and was falling all over the place, trying to figure out why the thing on his back end was wagging all the time. To be young again..

Upon opening the first package, Adelaine looked up at her dear friend and caretaker, her smile almost reaching each ear. Not really, though, since that would look a tad disturbing.
"Francesca! Francesca! We must hook this up!"
Pulling the items out of the box, laying them neatly along the bed, the girl moved around frantically on her knees. Her hair bobbed around her face, the pins that tried to keep it together from the night before were thrown into the air. This was just too exciting.
"Oh, also, Francesca,"
Barely even looking up, Adelaine spoke as she tried to read over the instructions as calmly as she could.
"You must play with me. You just MUST play this with me."
Gazing up over the booklet, a smile twinkled in her eyes.
"I do have two of them for a reason, you know."

"Today is the day it goes public." Mack thought to himself. "Today is the day I loose everything I worked for in Beta. But! Today is the day I can start in earnest. Now is when the training pays off." It had been another long day of driving around pompous nobodies. Mack slammed the door to his apartment with a loud bang, partly out of resentment for his fares, partly out of over-eagerness to jump into the new game and meet the newbs. "Alright," he thought as he hooked himself up to the system. "First things first. A rogue is great for PVP and 1-v-1, but is lacking in PVE capabilities. If I'm going to survive, I'm gonna needs some allies. Maybe not friends, but people that can tank for me." Having finished hooking himself up and getting comfortable, Mack turned on the game. It whirred to life, and the now familiar start screen jumped into his vision. "Boooring. Been here, done that." he said out loud as he skipped past all the logos and advertisements. Then the character selection screen appeared. He was glad to see that Vocem hadn't been deleted, merely reset to level 1. That saved him some time. He made his selection then hit Start, and was instantly transported to the familiar sight of Kry City. "Ah, good to be back" he said with a smerk, in game.

[DASH=cyan]

. . .[BLINK]INCOMING MESSAGE FROM PLAYER, COUNT KANE[/BLINK]. . .

Appearing in a light blue and orange flash in front of the man, RG materialized with bow of her technological body. there was an array of lights and diodes that spun through the girl's telepathic body.

"Hello, Player Count Kane. You asked the question of starting parties? To successfully start a party, you must tap Menu pad at the bottom right of your screen, over there." She spoke in a robotic voice but still had an inkling of emphasis merged in it. Her slinder, silver finger pointed to the general direction of the spinning pad indicated at the bottom of Count Kane's foot.

"Simply hover your hand over the icon, enter in the player name, and select the green, +ADD PARTY MEMBER button. If you do not know the player name, you may need to contact the person out of KRYSIN and recover the required information."she finished, standing still as her feet hovered over the ground of Kry City lightly.

"Did that answer your inquiry, Player Count Kane?"
[/DASH]

Francesca couldn't hide her smile as she watched Adelaine tear open her packages.

"You must play with me. You just MUST play this with me."
"I do have two of them for a reason, you know."

"E..eh?" Francesca temprarily lost her composure at Adelaine's demands.

"B-but milady, I have to care for the house, and wash the dishes, and take the pets outside, a-and...."

She saw the look on Adelaine's face, and stopped protesting.

"V...very well, milady...I'll just re-adjust the schedule accordingly..."

She found the instruction manual quickly, and set the two systems up as quickly as she was able to.

"Now...milady, please...please don't strain yourself...I beg you..." She pleaded with Adelaine.

She wasn't sure what to expect, but she would do anything for the mistress.

Hearing what her caretaker had to say, Adelaine did understand, and yet she just could not sit quietly and wait for much longer. Clapping her hands together, her little face lit up even more than before.
"Marvelous! Just marvelous! Francesca!"
Looking up to the woman of bouncy ringlets placed near her, the petite mistress furrowed her brows and gave a single nod.
"You shall have fun, I am certain of it. Now, if you could just.. help me hook up to the system.."
Staring at all the wires and random plug-ins, Adelaine was a little weary. She was use to needles and all kinds of medical objects, so not much frightened her at this point. However, with unknown items like these before her, she could not muster up confidence in connecting the apparatus to her body. At times like these, it was a wonderful feeling to have someone as helpful, caring and intelligent as her Francesca.

"Oh! Oh!! Maybe then you can start it up first! So I can watch, and then join you!"
Practically bouncing in her seat, Adelaine laughed happily from the sheer excitement filling up her veins. Winston was utterly confused, yet also happy, because everyone else was happy. He did not need much else for a reason to wag his little tail.
Gazing upon the pictures for the game showing all across the manual and box it was trapped in a moment ago, those large eyes that held a certain sadness were occupied by wonder and curiosity. Adelaine's mind ran wild with a colorful imagination. What was in store for her.. She could become someone else! Finally!
She would have the chance to become someone healthy.. strong... fearless.
She simply just could not wait!

Francesca finished setting up the two systems in a matter of minutes, with no real issues.

"Now I just put this on your head, and we'll go in, I suppose..."

She gave an apprehensive sigh, and gently placed the helmet over young Adelaine's head, thinking nothing of it, despite how strange it looked for such a young girl to be wearing that helmet. It didn't strike her as natural in the slightest.

"I'll be in there in a moment, milady."

She took the dishes downstairs and placed them in the sink, sighing as she thought of how much harder it would be to clean them after they sat for so long...She quickly smiled, as she remembered how much this meant to Adelaine. Her happiness came before anything else; that was her job, after all.

She quickly jogged back up the stairs and placed her own helmet over her head, feeling the slightest zap as it seemed to power on.

Images were flying around before her eyes, seeming to be related to character creation.

"I suppose....this...and this...Oh, and this could be useful for protecting her..."

When she was finished, the RG materialized, explaining the basic protocol. Before she knew it, she was in a massive city, one that RG called "Kry City". Large buildings were visible even from such a long distance away. For a game, this looked rather realistic. She couldn't help but be impressed by this... She admired the city while she patiently awaited Adelaine's arrival.

Holding herself still with all her might, Adelaine giggled as her face squished together in anticipation. As the strange apparatus took place on her head, she squeezed her eyes shut, her neck stiffening to keep balance and strength. It was kind of heavy on her body, but she was not about to complain. Why in all the world would she whine about such a silly thing, when there was a new life waiting for her beyond the wonders of it? As Winston sat quietly, wagging his tail, eyeing the helmets with curiosity, the girl sucked in her breath deeply. This was it. It was about to happen.
And then she heard Francesca rushing to put the dishes away.

Huffing her air out with a defeated sigh, Adelaine erupted in a loud 'Hmph', folding her arms across her chest. She did not want to waste time away in this fragile, unhealthy body any longer. She had been stuck in it for long enough, she believed. It was her time to get out and explore the world around her!.. Well, not this world. But, it would be close enough. Listening as her friend rushed back up to her, the girl smiled brightly, clasping her hands neatly over her nightdress.
And then, she finally opened her eyes.

From all the excitement, she barely had enough attention to even notice the sharp energy that surged through her skull from the helmet. As it was powered on, the colors that appeared before her, so neon, so new and bright. She was not use to this kind of technology. It was.. exhilarating.
And then there was a woman before her. However, this was not a real woman. She glowed, vibrated against the darkness, almost. It was.. a tad eerie to the small girl. But, she was not afraid. Attentively lending her ears to the rules of the Game, she smirked softly to herself. Missions.
pffffffffft.
Piece of cake. White cake, with bananas and strawberries, to be exact.
Waving her tiny hands in front of her, Adelaine found it just so very amazing what computers were capable of now. It was then that she zoned out from listening to the RG lady person. The character creation was such a powerful experience for her.. Staring down at her palms, watching as the longer, thin and feminine fingers curled and straightened out, it was just wonderful. A flex of a muscle here and there, she felt powerful. She felt strong.
She felt like a superhero.
A superhero with soft, white sphinx-like ears and a tail.
This was going to be sooooooo awesome.

-
--

Sharp, golden eyes flinched open suddenly as a world formed in front of their view. This.. was Kry City. Gasping, _Aberdeen_ stared around, moving in circles as she took in the landscape and layout. It was enormous! And.. so very beautiful! Grinning sharp white teeth, she gazed over to find a blonde in a maid's outfit. Was it?
"Francesca!!"
Waving her now lanky arms high above her head, _Aberdeen_ frantically called for her companion. Their adventure was starting! Ooooh. The excitement of it all!

Sam had skipped the RG guide sequence and jumped straight into the character creation. It seemed so very complex and bothersome at first with all the choices and designs with so many ways to manipulate your character but once he found himself starting he could see that most of it was done in his head by his imagination. Very quickly his character came to life. At first it was nothing but a pale outline of a male form but as Sam let his imagination roam it began to mold itself into a person about five foot seven. His body seemed to be on the slender side yet strong and firm. He had a dark gray hair color with white pale-ish skin. As he was about to finish on the characters body he noticed a race indicator which he smirked at the many many choices. At the last second he picked the "nekomata" race and watched as a long thin tail began to appear as well as two very fluffy and cat like ears began to sprout from his head, he couldn't help but smile at it.

Once the form of his character was done he began to start on the outfit putting him in mostly dark colors, mainly black. The top consisted of a dark gray shirt that covered his torso followed by black leather vest that wrapped around him and seemed to strap on rather than zip up. The design was pretty nice he thought as he moved onto the white pants with a few diamond patterns on them. There wasn't many intrinsic designs to them, just pants really. Next he moved onto the steel plated boots which seemed to reach halfway up to his knee. They were a very dark gunmetal gray for the metal as the boots themselves seemed to be of a dark leather as well. His final touch with the outfit was a tattered cloak clasped onto his shoulders with leather pauldrons. The way the cloak waved in the wind with all the tatters made it appear like he was a reaper or bringer of the end, and then his characters name struck him.

" 4P0C0LYPS3_4R1S3N. Let us begin the game." It was a little shocking hearing a deep strong voice coming out of his mouth but he quickly got used to it as the city began to materialize around him. He looked around for a moment and took in a deep breath actually smelling the air somehow as well as feeling the breeze on the wind. It alarmed him slightly and made his body tingle in excitement as he took off looking for all the shops and newbie gear that he would need on all of his quests. 4R1S3N quickly found himself in the central hub of the city and saw all of the shops he would ever need. The whole town being so organized must have been a idea designed by the company to gently transition players into the world he thought. Once he was done buying his equipment he stood at the very center of the town and looked around. He knew he was a squishy mage so he had to find himself a bullheaded fighter who would take all the damage for him. As he looked around he tried to find someone who looked tanky but couldn't, instead he just decided to throw out invites as he aimed his finger like a gun and finally found someone interesting. As he lifted his finger in pretend gunfire he heard a pinging noise and a small voice declaring the invite had sent to _VivVixxy_.

Nadine was surprised when she had a slight dine noise notify her that something had arrived. A message? No, an invite. From? "Seriously, a name that would be impossible to pronounce. 4P0C0LYPS3_4R1S3N.. Apocolypse Arisen..." she muttered as she debated whether she should accept. She quickly looked around to see who could have sent it. She noticed an interesting character who had his hand out like... a gun? Interesting method. She began to wonder if that was the only way to send invites.

She decided to walk over to confirm if it was him. "
Per chance, are you Arisen?" Her curiosity was perked and wanted to know why he had chosen her to send an invite to. With her bow on her back, she had thought people would avoid her character. She realized too late some major weakness with her character type, but decided to stick with it, because it may become handy in the long run. She could always stay back and attack from afar. She was unable to tell what type of character he was, but she was also not used to this setting, so it could possibly be completely obvious and she just didn't notice it.

The inside of Kysin was amazing. Kydo walked around for a bit and admired the scenery. He was inside his computer, and he still couldn't believe it! "Thsi is amazing!" He had never played a game before like this and it was catching his attention more and more by the second. The city he stood in was bursting with life and many other players who had purchased the game. He looked up at a virtual sign that read Kry City. It blinked and flashed. Now, he needed some assistance as to where he would get started.

"I wonder if there is a lobby somewhere. If there is, I can get some instructions on what to do next."

Frannyan turned her attention to the voice of her companion at once, bowing politely before making her way over to her. Her wings were currently folded neatly along her back so they wouldn't get in the way of movement.

"Milady, is it what you were expecting? I hope you're satisfied! If you get bored with it at any time, simply tell me and I shall send it back immediately!" She reassured _Aberdeen_ as well as she could, simply praying this was worth the time and money she invested in its arrival. She had such a short life ahead, and every moment of it had to be amazing. Nothing lower would fit the princess that she was, nothing!

She heard another character asking a question to the same holographic female who guided her through creation, and motioned to _Aberdeen_ to hold still for just a moment. Frannyan walked over to the male character and stared at the guide.

"I'd like to know about these "parties" as well, please." She calmly asked the guide, glimpsing over at this "Count Kane" character for a moment before returning her gaze to the guide.

[DASH=orange]
"Player Frannyan, just as inquired by Player Count Kane, all you must do is simply hover your hand over the icon, enter in the player name, and select the green, +ADD PARTY MEMBER button. If you do not know the player name, you may need to contact the person out of KRYSIN and recover the required information. Try doing so to Player _Aberdeen_ since you two have similar Kinetic Addresses."

RG waited until the players obeyed her orders, diodes blinking and shimmering until her duty in Kry City was over. The other people in the city, some new members, and some old from other countries, snickered at the new comers. Technically, the three who were standing before RG were conisdered newbs in the eyes of the other members. That made for snuckering and bullying. RG, not equipped with the essense of emotion, only blinked in waiting, feet hovering above the ground.

"Did that answer your inquiry, Player Frannyan?"
[/DASH]

"Well thanks. That covers it then. Hmm now that makes things interesting....." Kane thought as he was stricken with an epiphany. He noticed this Frannyan character had similar questions to his about this party system. He looked at her and studied her thoroughly. She passed his test apparently, whatever his criteria was.

He now had an idea that he contemplated to himself, "Hmm, she's some kind of robotic person. Interesting, very interesting indeed. Two party spots are occupied as this other character is her friend. Yet she still needs the third.. Yes. This is a golden opportunity."

Count Kane composed himself and then made a polite proposition to Frannyan, "Lady Frannyan is it? Ah yes, well if you are in need of a third party member I'd be happy to join with you. Consider the idea, I know it'd be quite beneficial to all three of us. You look quite capable and I assure you I am too. I am not called Count Kane for nothing."

Of course it was a bit of exaggeration. He figured they'd understand he meant he was at least a capable newbie player, that was his goal. It would take time to truly get in the swing of virtual reality combat after all.

4R1S3N was awaiting a response from the other player as he looked around the rest of the lobby. He could see a few of the other players setting up parties as well. The RG was floating around trying to help out the players with their constant questions. He was surprised at how fast and efficient she was. He tried to think of a question or two but found himself short of questions and feeling confident on how to play the game. As he was lost in thought the woman character he had invited walked up to him.

4R1S3N turned his attention to the girl. She seemed so formal the way that she walked up to him although maybe he was just being strange again. "Per chance, are you Arisen?" The way that she had asked him who he was confirmed his suspicions of her being formal or so it seemed.

"Why yes. I am 4R1S3N, and are you _VivVixxy_? I was just wondering if you would like an ally to fight with rather than going it alone. Also, i was going to see if i could gather a few friends off the bat seeing as we are all starting fresh. :P"

Sam couldn't help but put the smiley face after especially since he was in game, but he was more astonished when his character actually stuck his tongue out while smiling. He had completely forgot that his thoughts controlled his character as well.

Nadine nodded. She had to remember her in game name. She needed to start thinking _VivVixxy_. She could not help but smile when he had stuck out his own tongue. "Quite interesting. I am guessing that the user system may be a bit different than we were expecting, but it is quite nice. I must say it has my approval."

VivVixxy just about kicked herself when she realized that she was still speaking properly. She didn't realize it, but her character was shaking her head in disapproval. "
Sorry. I am trying to get used to this set up." She could not help but notice there seem to be more and more people wandering around. "Have you had any results with others responding at all?"

Frannyan did as RG instructed her, sending a party invitation to _Aberdeen_ in the blink of an eye.

"Yes, that explained it. Thank you very much." She bowed, even though such formalities weren't considered necessary in an MMO. Such things as manners still mattered to Fran, given that it was part of her job. She waited until the party was finalized, before hearing Count Kane.

"Lady Frannyan is it? Ah yes, well if you are in need of a third party member I'd be happy to join with you. Consider the idea, I know it'd be quite beneficial to all three of us. You look quite capable and I assure you I am too. I am not called Count Kane for nothing."

"You are called Count Kane because it was an available name, yes?" She was not one to be taken by false bravado... However, an extra party member could assist in protecting the young mistress...

"Very well..." She repeated the previous steps and sent him a party invitation, preparing to explain the rules to this agreement.

As _Aberdeen_ was admiring her lovely little new world, a message of some sort dinged and appeared before her eyes. Arching a brow, her head fell to the side. It was an invitation! Better yet, it was an invitation from her dear maid! Oh, happy day, happy day indeed.
"Now.. let me see.."
Raising a hand carefully, she held it over the decision to accept the invite. Naturally, this was the only option in her mind. Why, Francesca was her closest friend! Her only friend, to be honest.. that was human, at least. Oh.. What if Winston could play the game.. And with that, the young woman, a child on the inside, stared off into the distance in thought. A smile appeared on her lips as she wondered what it would be like for her puppy to play a character. She imagined he would have a canine build, with the ears and tail attached. He had spunk.. Perhaps he would have been some sort of assassin class, or something near the sort. Oh, to be a puppy.
But, wait, she was a swordswoman. Why would she want to be a puppy?

Glancing down to her attire, _Aberdeen_ grinned wide. Oh, she did look quite amazing. And, what's this? Blinking randomly, she felt something hitting against her lower back. Turning her head to the side, her eyes angled over to take sight of a tail. A tail attached to her body, all white and fluffy, it was tapping against her with such excitement!
" !!! "
A squeal almost erupted from her throat as she twirled around to try and grasp onto it.
And she halted immediately, having come to realization her friend had been speaking to her.

Coming close to Frannyan, she peered over her shoulder, resting her chin against the same. She furrowed her expression, listening to Fran as she spoke. There was someone else joining them? Wha?
So, she insisted on bombarding the woman with questions.
"What's going on? Who are you talking to? Is he nice? Or is it a she? Will I like him?"