{KRYSIN: Virtual Reality}

I

Iliana

Original poster
ILIANA HAS ANOTHER IDEA.

I was sitting down watching my 8 year old nephew play on his iPhone. His IPHONE. Then it hit me. "Dang, when I was that age, I was playing with an Etch-a-Sketch! STOP ADVANCING, TECHNOLOGY! There will be a Virtual Reality game when I'm 30 if this keeps up." Which...would be good or bad? Thus, creating my idea of Virtual Reality!

Modern day city with modern day people who have modern day jobs, blahzay blahzay. Work, school, what ever it is that normal people do. However, when you get home, you are not really going straight home. You're entering what is known as KRYSIN. KRYSIN is a 'gaming system' per say. It is safe and efficient, sort of like the matrix, except its way more lenient. You lie on your stomach, put on a digitized helmet, and connect necessary wires to your neck, and arms. Once connected, you inter in the MENU.

[GLOW=red]WELCOME to KRYSIN, PLAYER________

WOULD YOU LIKE TO....

[ ] CONTINUE ADVENTURE.
[ ] CREATE NEW ADVENTURE.
[ ] MODIFY CHARACTER.
[ ] CHECK EVENTS AND NEWS.
[ ] EXIT.
[/GLOW]​

Basically, these people go home to go into the wildest adventure ever! They all have imaginary made up characters with made up lives, but of course, there are other players. That's cool and all, but there is also something very wrong about it. Those cords are hooked into them. So what stimulates in KRYSIN, is also stimulating within them. To trip and fall would be to hurt yourself in reality in the same manor. To die...is to die. Really puts meaning into 'Game Over.'

Is it like .hack? Hmm...sorta, but there is a life outside of KRYSIN. There are people who play it ALL DAY...EVERY DAY. That can't be healthy. The friend you know at school who you're in love with doesn't know you are secretly Player: MisstearyxMaiden. Your best friend in KRYSIN is your rival at your job, but you don't know how to tell them. And who is that mysterious person in all black?

This rp would be living double lives. One in reality...one in Krysin. However, one of them has to go, for the government is threatening to shut KRYSIN down due to too many casualties out of the game. Do you riot with those to shut it down and move on with your REAL LIVES, or do you subdue yourself in KRYSIN...forever?

Meh, just an idea.

I actually like this idea. I would be willing to make a char and try it out.

sounds interesting i'll join up=)

If I join this, I might make this my one and only active roleplay.
Beside Iwaku: Azazel, of course.
And dun think Schro started up.
So.

I LIKE THIS.~

An interesting idea and one could prove to be quite fun. Overall it's not bad, but personally i would need a lot more information about it before i decided to sign up.

I see a good mix of matrix and .hack inspiration, which is good. It sounds like it takes the Matrix VR style and combines it with the real world setting of .hack.

What exactly is the setting of the KRYSIN game? Is it basically an MMO? Or is it singleplayer with optional multiplayer? What exactly are the limitations within it?

Sorry if i seem nit picky, but i'm a detail whore ><

I would most definitely be interested in this. Such a fantastic story could easily come from this.

And Pheonix, I think those are excellent questions. If you don't know them, it is kind of hard to really imagine.

Yes, it would be MMO style, a lot like .hack. Just plug in and play as a specific generated character of your choosing. However, the concept of KRYSIN is like the Matirx itself, taking real people and plugging them to machines to take them to another world. Inside KRYSIN it would be fantasy filled (like .hack).

Basically you be who you wanna be and do what you wanna do inside the game. But outside, you're still in reality. So you will basically be living a double life. KRYSIN and reality, its just a matter of which one you all prefer more...and thats where the rally (against or with) the government steps in.

That better?

IT'S LIKE THAT ONE MOVIE WITH UH UH UH BRUCE WILLIS KINDA.

YES!

'Sept with swords and monsters and high school and stuffs. Unless you wanna play Bruce Willis type character...or your character in KRYSIN is actually Bruce Willis...

....whatever floats your boat I guess. .__.

YEAH.

So im totally getting this thing rolling tomorrow.

Usually I would jump right on board but I see that my idea could quickly turn this into a crime thriller. Murdering someone in the game... That could kill some people's fun.

So, I'm going to decline this. Stupid angel on my sholder.

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A CHARACTER.
Wait, Ili-sans.
Are we putting like a picture of our REAL selves, and then a picture of who we are in the game? :D