Korean Pop

Just Curious. Did you know about Kpop before Gangnam Style was released?

• YES

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • LOLNOPE

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yatagarasu

Original poster
Korean pop...I think it's pretty self-explanatory on what it is.

Let's start with how I found out about Kpop...No I did not learn about this genre of music because of Gangnam Style. In fact I learnt it from this Youtuber.

So this particular Youtuber also had another account and so I was looking at all his videos on that account and laughing my ass off like usual. However, then I clicked on this video. Despite not knowing the original song at first, I still ended up laughing like the idiot I usually am. Nevertheless though, as I was watching the parody, the actual music (in my opinion at least), I thought sounded awesome.

At that moment, I was like "maybe I should look up the original." I did find it...and my initial reaction was:

"HOLY FUCKING BALLS IS THAT THE ENTIRE BOY GROUP OR ARE THERE JUST A BUNCH OF BACKGROUND DANCERS?!"

Naturally, I began looking up the boy band and later learnt that A) Yes they were all part of the group and B) I should start finding other groups like them.

Later, I went through the entire recommended videos list and later learnt that the music genre those groups were a part of was Korean Pop (aka Kpop).

And that was when I entered my descent into the World of Kpop. =_=

-Coughs- Nowadays though, I don't really listen to Kpop anymore. However, every now and then I would check it out and listen to some new and old stuff. I still like groups like SHINee, Girls' Generation, 2NE1 etc.

So now to the Kpop fans in Iwaku (I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE MY LOVELIES XD), how did you find Kpop, and who's your favourite Kpop group and why?

And now...some Kpop Songs :D
A Kpop Song
Another Kpop Song
And another one
THERE'S MORE
And more Kpop :D
Have a cute one
And a powerful concept :P
HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO GO ON FOR??
Beware of mishearing lyrics
Legends XD
IT'S STILL GOING ON M8
MOARRR
Badassry?
K I'll stop
NO LEMME FIT ONE MORE

it's weird the first time I got in contact with Kpop was 2005... or 2006? It was Se7en - Lalala though what else than game =3= and there's another older song which is popular back in the days - I think it's Y by Freestyle.

I don't expose to Kpop until late 2009 where I met IU and SNSD, followed them for couple of years until I stopped until early this year.

for now I think GFriend was my favorite out of all the newbies out there.

[I think I'll post some of my fav korean song here, beware it's more of Kballad than Kpop and there's some old song so...]

Reactions: Yatagarasu
Hmmm I'm not sure when I first started listening to kpop, but I remember my friend introduced me to BIGBANG when I was in high school, and I just started watching 2ne1, Shinee and Girls Generation afterwards. But I also watch k dramas so I get hooked on a lot of songs from that.

My Favourite:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Yatagarasu
I was aware Korea had pop music before Gangnam Style, yes. Just like every other country has pop music.

But we all know kpop stands for Kazakhstani Pop, duh.

Kpop is best pop

actually, not really, but it did exist before gangam style

i do like lena park tho

Dongchimee-Poop-Man-from-Korea-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.