Kore Wa Resutoran Desu ka?! (Is this a restaurant?!) IC

Tsuchiya Katsuro

Date: March 16, 20XX

Interactions: None

A round of introductions went around, familiarizing Katsuro with a large portion of his new coworkers. He did notice, however, that one of the faces on the job papers wasn't here. Did someone decide not to work here after all? A flicker of movement by the door caught his eye, but when he turned to look, the door to the back was just flapping closed. Perhaps just the wind?

As it turned out, the restaurant did not have a uniform in his size. He spent the rest of the afternoon helping to unload the delivery. He had a regular class to teach that evening, although nothing eventful happened.

Date: March, 20XX

Interactions: Elderly Couple
Mentions: Shinobu, Hibari

Katsuro's new role was somewhat unfamiliar to him, but it was simple enough that he could pick it up on the job. It especially helped to have someone else performing the same role on hand that he could watch to get an idea of what he was supposed to be doing. And it also helped that his responsibilities were so few. Greet guests, ring up meals, and help out on the floor. Not exactly the most complex tasks ever.

He was, however, beginning to suspect that the building might be haunted. Over the past several days, he'd caught little bits of movement out of the corner of his eye, only to find nothing there when he tried to focus on the movement. Nobody else seemed to be complaining about it, though, so maybe he was the only one seeing it? Or maybe the rest had all just gotten used to it already?

The rest of the staff seemed to be getting on fairly well, and the day was shaping up to be a fairly regular one. It seemed that the shifts had gone up, and Hibari went to go check on them. When she returned, however, the spy from before entered the restaurant, waving to everyone in sight and making her way to the counter. She seemed to have something to say to Hibari. However, as she began talking, a pair of elderly customers came in the door. Judging that Hibari was likely to be caught up with the spy for a while, Katsuro gave them a smile. "Welcome to the Painted Shark! Please feel free to find a seat anywhere and we'll be with you momentarily."

His part said, Katsuro took a look to see if any of the waitresses (or the single waiter) was going to bring them a menu. If not, he'd take one from behind the counter and make his way over.

Sakurako Oba
9ppjiii-jpg.212266

Painted Shark
Mentions:
Interacting:

The work day. It wasn't so bad. For Sakurako, she flitted between 'Bouncer/Bodyguard' mode to waitress. Unlike Kagome, she could be called a rather poor waitress. That is to say, she was never very friendly, instead performing her job almost like a computer would. Methodically. No mistakes. Quick. Robotically.

Yet somehow. It seemed that wasn't really a problem. She seemed to have... fans. And of course, she noticed. When people gravitated towards her, or her tables, and tried to chat her up, only for her to give them the cold shoulder and put in their drink orders. That didn't seem to deter them for some reason. If anything, it only attracted them to her more. It was truly an enigma.

Though, perhaps, it was the fact that she had still yet to receive a uniform in her size. The one she wore was modified from the one closest to her fit. It wasn't anything risque, but still, the skirt may have been a bit short. Not that Sakurako seemed to notice. Or care.

She was just dropping off the drinks of a table of people trying to chat her up, when the self-proclaimed 'spy' from their direct competition barged into the store. Sakurako would've kept an eye on the girl, except her attention was drawn away, to the new group of elderly people that came on in. Which the tall lady peeked at them from the corner of her dipped hat, wondering what they were up to. The spy girl was a known idiot. But underestimating the elderly was a mistake of arrogant fools. It was more or less her job to deal with them, but she would let Kagome do that, and simply keep an eye on them. The greeter man already said pleasantries to them, of which Sakurako, was, admittedly, bad at.

Kazuma Kenichi

Mentions:
Yoriko, Sakurako, Katsuro, Hibari, Kenza, Kotone, Shinji

Interactions: N/A Directly

"Hello~ How are we doing today?" As if on cue, Kazuma was ready with menus as the elderly group found a seat. Wearing a bright expression as he passed them around, he seemed to be completely in his element. Even if it was his first day at the Painted Shark, obviously, it wasn't his first waiting. "May I start everyone off with some drinks?"

The boy was diligent and fast-paced, bouncing from table to table taking orders and delivering them. While a bit anxious normally, this work either served as a good distraction, or he had one hell of a poker face. He certainly didn't seem like he wasn't here by choice.

"Hm?"

It seemed as though the spy was here now. Kazuma still wasn't sure what that meant or if he should be worried. She seemed a bit too friendly to be a spy didn't she? To walk in to the target business with a happy wave and strike up a conversation with one of the greeters was a bit too nonchalant, then again, Hibari did say that the "spy" was terrible at her job. Regardless, he gave her a small wave between tables so as to not be rude and continued on his pathing.

Kazuma had begun to think that perhaps he misjudged this place. So far this seemed like any other job—scary people aside. Sakurako didn't seem to be that good at pleasantries, but then again it wasn't as if the customers seemed to mind it, so he'd leave it be. Katsuro grew less intimidating the more Kazuma interacted with him and Hibari was nice, if a bit monotone. They all seemed to be a bit more approachable than their first impressions made them seem, but then again, he would see if one of the customers ended up getting rowdy. One always did. Being nice when unprovoked was one thing; Kazuma questioned if some of the staff had enough patience to deal with the belligerent.

"Order up!" He called, dropping off another order before switching gears to grab drinks for another. Kazuma paused a moment as the glasses filled to glance at the schedule.

He felt a bit of relief with who he was matched with. Everyone seemed rather nice with Kenza and Kotone seeming to be the most gentle. Katsuro was becoming more of a gentle giant as Kazuma got to know him, though the other manager was one he would have to gauge when it was his shift. Hopefully, he was a bit less "intense" than Yoriko.

Enichi Mori

Interactions: Katsuro (@kookyboy9 )

"Ahah......is that Ayase-chan again..." Enichi took a while to get to the restaurant after opening, it's not like their job required them to show up on a schedule. There was some suspicious loiterers (other than Enichi themselves) around the place today, and judging from experience that spells out overtime for the tired-looking repairs person. "I'm coming in-" Enichi said half-heartedly as they shifted through the doorway of the Painted Shark, struggling a bit to keep the door open as they tried to squeeze their huge canvas bag and what seemed like a generator on a trolley through the entrance.

A few from the staff introduction were there, which made Enichi somewhat glad that they went to the session since it made their current debut less questionable for the staff members. The waiting staff today included that glasses boy who seemed like a huge worry-wart, or maybe he was just the only person with a normal amount of tolerance to abnormal things. The tall lady was also there, bit intimidating for the service sector, but that staunch attitude might be able to bring Enichi an extra check or two, not that they wished for property damage or anything like that.

-Clunk- Enichi's portable generator got stuck on the corner of the doorway again, "Ah--- Yoriko-basan will kill me if I interfere with the guest flow-" They quickly tugged at the generator's trolley but the tool bag always got in the way, with a glance around the place Enichi realized that maybe getting here during operational hours was a bad idea. It wasn't their fault that their last video took until 4:00 A.M. to finish rendering and caused them to oversleep. 'I wonder what 'RAM allocation' meant...' Enichi thought as they shifted the generator through the restaurant a bit, before eyeing someone who was at the staff meeting, but seems to just be loitering.

"Ah ha, Ka---takai-suro-kun?"
Enichi didn't really remember this guy's name, and sneaking 'takai' into what they supposed his name was seemed a bit callous, but it was on him to make an impression and that impression was his height. "Can you get this to the kitchen entrance? I'm probably gonna be getting quite some work...I hope Ayase-chan's boss won't..." Their voice trailed off a bit into a mumble before perking back up again towards the tall guy, "and uh, get me today's special drink, how much percent off do I get again?"

• Haha
Reactions: Thaleko and Astros
Kagome Himura
Mentions: Sakurako, Coworkers
Interacting: Elderly Couple

"Welcome to The Painted Shark. Can I start you guys off with some drinks?"

"What'll it take to have you for to go?"

"While I'm both delicious and nutritious, I'm not on the menu. Might I suggest our daily special?"

Kagome expected her and Sakurako to get hit on at least a bit during their shifts. Though Kagome herself would evade their flirting or attempts at asking her out, Sakurako completely brushed them off. The redhead would have been worried that Sakurako was going to end up "playing hard to get" with some stalker, but then she remembered that the other girl was a bouncer more than a waitress. Oba would be fine.

Though the hours she was given were respectable, the days and her weekly pay would not be enough to satisfy her debt collectors. She'd have to go to a club or something and ask for a job there too. The more she worked, the sooner she could pay off her shitty debt.

Overall, her coworkers had been relatively nice people. She could see herself hanging out with a couple of them after work. At least the job wouldn't be more stressful than it already was; that was a plus.

She'd heard about the spy, but thought nothing of it. What the hell were they going to do about some weirdo from across the street? Kick her out? For what? As long as she wasn't there actively sabotaging their food or trying to trip her, Kagome wouldn't need to introduce her to her fist or Sakurako's ten inch boots.

The elderly couple came in, and Kazuma was quick to bounce on it. Was this guy born to be a waiter or something?

----------------------​

Kotone Suzuki
Mentions: Coworkers
Interacting: Shinji

Kotone liked his hours. Decent, and though he wished he could work longer, he would make due with what he got. That meant spending his entire shift preparing desserts for the evening and prepreparing treats for the morning shift too in case any customers decided to have cake with their coffee. Or if the boss decided to raid the kitchen for something to satisfy her sweet tooth.

Yes, he knew better than to leave the pastry fridge empty.

His other coworkers proved themselves to be rather nice people. Gentle in their own right and didn't seem to hound him for his mistakes. He was trying; oh he definitely was. But if his leg caught with him just right or someone happened to give him a bump as they walked past him, Kotone could end up dropping himself and whatever he was carrying in his hands at that exact moment.

It was why he never pursued culinary arts. What sort of disaster in the kitchen would Kotone be if he was carrying hot oil while walking on his weaker legs? Or if he fell with a hot bowl of soup in his hands? At least with sweets he could be safer.

The compliments he received, be it from coworkers or the public eating the desserts he baked, made him smile and feel all fluttery inside. That was sweet of them; no pun intended. But he knew he could always learn a thing or two. If Shinji knew a dessert or a technique that Kotone didn't, he'd be happy to learn from the older man.

"Anything you know, I want to know too Chef. Just let me know and I'll be ready to listen.

Last edited:
  • Sweet

1614900956871-png.212591
&
1614902827804-png.212604

Yoriko Nishikawa
Passing mention Hibari Nishikawa
Interactions: Various.

As Hibari exhales a sigh it seemed Ayase would be her own problem to deal with, there was also the whole issue of her visit, off to the side, Hibari would receive the information as she head to the back to speak to her elder sister, Katsuro could be entrusted with the cash register for now.

Meanwhile back in the Employ hall and kitchen, Yoriko raises an eyebrow as Shinobu came to her with a platter of Daifuku. "Hmm, Miura isn't it? Surprised it is you.. This will do." Almost as if to be shoeing him away, she stops as Hibari carries on with he story about their little spy problem. Tasting the red bean bun, she would have much rather cake as she offers the other one to her sister. She had work to do, or rather to get ready for.

"Hinako. Go find the giant lady, see if she's good at being more than a wall, if not her, the busty redhead would do..

I need to talk her and a few others tonight to help with little side work offers. Anyways..."

Shoving the tray away from her so Hibari or the cook could grab it, she had much more important matters on her mind and they would be addressed soon as she makes her way to the lobby she pauses at a curious site...Did he really drag a generator in here? For now she would watch as she was somewhat curious, before calling out for all to hear.

"Oi all of you working, stick around after work. There is a couple of you I want to speak with. New and Old, or old but never into it, the Welcoming committee will be out there, we'll need to see what is what, might even pay yah for your overtime." A pause follows from the employee door as she keeps it open partially before going back inside.

Ah yeah your time cards should be in the lockers you have, use those on the reader in the hall from when you are here and when you leave starting Tomorrow. As to the side job I'll see you about that. A couple of you may find it useful."

Not saying more on that, she at least didn't seem the sleazy sort, so what was it the rough and course boss wanting? And just who here needed extra money and why. These were questions whos answers were only known to the individual at this point. Though it was curious that the boss did mention something about someone needing a bigger uniform and how much of a hassle that was going to be.

"Well, back to the office, get back to work." And with that she closes the door, heading back to where she said and dumping the responsibility of dealing with the youngest Nishikawa, the Boss would likely be receptive to questions asked of her, or at least she had made no mention of not doing so. The small girl known as Hinako wandered out from behind her big sister and looked towards the two girls with a bit of nervous if not scared expression, the giant was awe inspiring and the redhead while smaller did seem intimidating in her own way. Looking up at the two and clutching a stuffed animal, Hibari walks around the smaller one and gazes at Katsuro before speaking up;

"Are you alright handling this? I'm going to go home soon.." In her normal flat tone she did at least stop to ask. She stops briefly to look at Enichi, wondering why her sister had said nothing about the Generator, had she decided to just not deal with it? Either way Hibari remains staring at the mysterious mechanic wondering what in the hell they were doing, more so with the computer but for the time being says nothing, her vision still fixed upon them.

@Thaleko @Jessica @kookyboy9 @Cresion Breezes

Back in the Kitchen more than a few seemed interesting interacting with the co-manager and had a few words for him that brought a bit of a lopsided grin to his face.

"My, my, you kids and your youthful spirit! Why, this old man may not have anything to teach after all. My hearing isn't so good and my back hurts every morning." He says to the junior cook out of sarcasm, anyone that knew the man knew full well age has slowed him very little.

Turning his attention to the Sweets master and the likely soon returning Shinobu, Chef Cao nods in thought.

"Well, I'm getting no younger, but I still have a few tricks up these sleeves and I plan to retire within the next few years. Can't let you all shovel the dirt on me yet. But cooking should be seen as a work of passion, of reward, seeing the smile of the customers face and knowing you did well. Cooking is an Art more than a Science and everyone has their own little quirks in it. Learn from one another as I may do the same to you. If you have something to do, or want to look at the worksheet, get too it, I already know my own. But be ready the dinner rush is not too far off! Kakaka!"

With that said, Shinji crosses his arms, waiting for more orders through the window, he seen the other old timers already.

@Demon Shinobi @Astros @Jessica

As Kazuma sat the three old people down, one of them seemed a bit confused as he fumbled for some glasses in a shirt pocket. "..Is that you Goro?.. Your hair is darker and your face more round.."

"No Otagawa, he works across the street, did you want to go there insted?"

"No you and Michiwa picked this place but maybe when we leave. Can we go there?"

"Sure we can do that." Says the third.

As Kazuma carries on with the order taking, the three seemed to want Mugicha with the confused man wanting a Melon Soda, as he finally got his glasses on the three take up the menus and order Hamburger Steak, Fried Rice and a fish and soup set respectively, a simple enough order if not a little off on time to normally be having one's lunch.

@EmperorsChosen

Last edited:

Kazuma Kenichi

Mentions:
Enichi, Hibari

Interactions: N/A Directly

"Haha. No, I'm afraid I'm just Kazuma," He replied with a friendly chuckle as he wrote down the trio's order. "I'll put your order in and return promptly with your drinks."

As Kasuma stuffed away his pen and notepad, he heard the jingle of the front door whilst taking their menus. His eyes idly glanced over in that direction while he moved through his route, only to pause momentarily as he could see Enichi wheeling something in. It probably wasn't that interesting given his position, though something told the waiter's instincts that it was still wide to keep an eye out for it.

Making his way around to the kitchen, Kazuma dropped off the table's tickets, then returned the menus to their storage space before putting together the table's drinks. As he began making his way back, he heard Hibari call out to them all.

"Oh-Sure thing," Kazuma affirmed. He needed the money so naturally he would at the very least hear out opportunity for overtime.

As he returned to the elderly table, Kazuma sat each respective drink down.

"And here we are. Three Mugicha and one Melon soda," He declared.

Tsuchiya Katsuro

Interactions: @RedArmyShogun - Hibari, @Cresion Breezes - Enichi

It looked like Kazuma had the elderly patrons covered, so Katsuro let the menus be. A moment later, however, Enichi tried to pass through the doors, failing to tug a generator behind him. He fumbled for his name a bit, asking him to come help. As he was about to open his mouth, however, the boss came out into the main room. Apparently he was expected to stick around after work today. Probably not too big an issue, but it sounded like there was overtime on the table? Katsuro could definitely use some overtime, so long as it didn't go too late. And time cards were finally in.

He took a moment to process that, and noticed an elementary-age girl coming out from behind the boss. Perhaps a sibling? He wasn't sure he'd seen her around before. Hibari also seemed to need to leave soon. He turned to Enichi. "It's Katsuro. And could you bring the generator around back? Better not to drag it through the seating areas."

Then to Hibari. "Yeah, I can handle it if you need to leave. I think I've got everything down now. Do you think you'll be hanging around long enough for me to go help Enichi with the generator?"

Sakurako Oba
9ppjiii-jpg.212266

Painted Shark
Mentions: Enichi
Interacting: Yoriko @RedArmyShogun

Sakurako's tables were doing fine, and the newcomers she practically ignored as they were being attended to by the other employees. She eyed the front door when Enichi popped in. He was pulling some weird machine in behind him. She eyed the person fiercely, wondering what he was doing, but then decided it was probably just something he needed for his work.

The boss lady poked her head out and explained about some time cards and how there was to be overtime for some over hours work. That sounded sus, but Sakurako was used to sus.

She noticed the shy little girl giving her goo-goo eyes from across the room. It was obvious to someone like Sakurako that the little girl was frightened of her. But more than that, she probably wanted something. Or the boss lady did.

The tall, imposing pole-like woman swiftly crossed the store on her lengthy legs. And she bent down before the girl. "Hi there. Did you want something? Did your mama need something?" The woman pat the girl nicely on her head, fixed her cap and went into the back office where she worked from. "Didja need summin boss lady?" Sakurako asked, letting herself in.

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Takenaka Katashi
c8ebde39f5645fba003993d90012d8d8.jpg
Mentions:
Interactions: @Jessica

Heh, I guess cooking really isn't my thing. Katashi mused to himself with a grin.

Putting a smile on a customers face and knowing you did well, had its merits. Maybe given he was a little younger, and several hundred thousand yen richer. It might have been enough to content his life with. Hell, in another life he knew he could make a damn fine cook. But, in this world. His world. At the end of the day. Those smiles and that sense of satisfaction wouldn't make his debts disappear. They wouldn't put a smile back on his mother's face, no matter how well he cooked. And it wouldn't make his younger sister feel safe or carefree again while out on the streets. Those things were much more valuable to him.

He ended up just nodded at Shinji's words, choosing not saying anything at all. He couldn't really think of what to say that wouldn't sound outright fake or be hot air. In place of remarking on the chief's words, Katashi reduced the burners to low before wiping his hands on a towel draped over the oven door handle.

"I'ma go check out those worksheets." he said flatly. Looking to Kotone and the chief briefly, before heading to the hall.

It was no time at all before he got to the board and noted his shift. Nodding to himself, he preferred to work the later hours of the day. There was no telling when he'd have another "nightly visitor" or several for that matter. They usually had a habit of keeping him up all night with their "antics". Noting the rest of the cooks and their shifts he headed back to the kitchen. Catching the Boss's announcement on the return, his sources on the movements of Slammin Sushi seemed to be true. They were going to make their move finally it seemed.

With a grin at the prospect of "overtime" he rounded the corner and returned to his station. Firing up the burners once more, he began talking while tending to the meals.

"If yah plan on staying Kotone, remember to hang around me or one of the other tough guys. After hour jobs tend to get out of hand if you remember.

Last edited:

1614900956871-png.212591
&
1614902827804-png.212604

Yoriko Nishikawa and Hibari Nishikawa
Interactions: @kookyboy9 @Thaleko

Looking back at Katsuro, Hibari ponders his question for a brief moment before looking at Enichi and his collection of oddities, if Yoriko were made aware of it she would likely go ballistic at worst and taunt the poor.. person at the least. He may be good with machines but he had no common sense.. "Sure. I can wait, just let me know when you are done. Take your time..."

Leaving him to deal with that, Hibari takes her place behind the counter, leaving him to deal with Enichi, maybe Kazuma could be dragged into that affair, either way for now she had a job to do. Oddly and likely thankfully to him nothing odd seemed centered on the old people at least.

"Boring.."

~~~

Hinako stared up at the other, not wanting to move from the massive hand that patted her, though she was wrong about Yoriko. "She's not.." But she says nothing more as the giant heads off on her own unable to explain why she was here. Turning her attention back to the rest she remains as she was, trying to head towards Hibari.

Yoriko had not expected Sakurako to come back here after what she last said at any rate. Looking up from her desk, she didn't seem all that busy.

"Huh? You got enough money Oba." She says flatly and a slight stress on the Oba part of her words.

"No, I was sending Hinako to pester you. Not good for her to stay shut up to herself all the time yah know. Her and Hibari are both important. More than me when it comes to you. I don't care what Gramps said when both of them are here you keep an eye on them least some sack of shit tries to get to me through them. Like I said you get to guard the door... Though hmm I guess you can stay, if any of the others drop in you can hear the work I plan to offer them. Also after you see Hinako and Hibari off come back here if you want to be a little useful or entertained."

With that she lays both of her hands on top of the desk, smoothing them out as if dealing with something distasteful or simply bored.

"Well you had anything you wanted to know? Also you need a bigger suit, people might start getting the wrong idea about you, but with your size I might need to order it from the West.. Ah well a small price. Or do you like it?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaleko
Wd3vTVY.png

Shinobu Miura
Interactions: Hinako (@RedArmyShogun )
Mentions: Technically everyone in the main room, but not really

Shinobu had listened with wonder to the older man's words. Cooking had becoming something of a saving grace for him. It was one of the few passions... well... maybe it was about the only passion he had. No... that didn't seem right. Oh well.

Still, part of him wished Katashi had the same feeling. Or perhaps at least the will to improve. It was odd. If he got better, if they all got better, maybe the restaurants reputation could grow and they would do better because of it. That could mean more money. Maybe. Probably. Or not. Shinobu mused for a moment before he perked up.

"Ah."

The dinner rush. It was approaching. They still had time. He'd completed his prep work for the moment. Even a monkey could have handled things in his place at this rate.

He glanced over toward the chef and gave a light now. "I'll take my break now, Chef," he said with a quick smile and bow. "Katashi, Kotone, I leave everything in your hands." For a moment, Shinobu paused. "Kotone, be careful." Anyone else might have thought Shinobu was being rude or picking on Kotone. His flat tone didn't help. But he truly meant it. Kotone was clumsy. He didn't want him, or the food, to get hurt in some way. And yet, without another word of reassurance, he grabbed a small snack (a plate of Mochi that he'd asked Kotone to put aside for him), and he was out the door.

The second Shinobu left the kitchen, he pulled off his hair net and gave his head a light shake, allowing it to fall out to frame his face a bit better. He'd have put it up, but he'd left his hair tie in his locker. He moved through the restaurant quietly, paying no mind to others. It wouldn't have been odd for onlookers to think they'd seen a ghost given his state of dress (mostly white), his hair, or anything else about him. He crossed by various individuals, giving some of the wait staff a small staff and smile, with little more than that, before disappearing once more. Some of them might have been seeing him for the very first time. Others might have fed into some of the rumors of the establishment being haunted and legitimately believed he was a ghost.

It didn't matter much for Shinobu as he was looking to enjoy a small break. That was the plan anyway when he saw the small girl. He'd seen her before. She hung around the boss. Another sibling. He was pretty sure of that anyway. "Hi-na-ko?" He sounded it out, trying to remember. It would have been a wonder if he'd gotten it right. He knelt down beside her. He was pretty short already, it wasn't a long trip. "Mochi?" he asked softly, holding the plate out in case she wanted one as it popped one of the finger snack-sized morsels into his mouth. "I cahn alsho hep you find da bosh. Or... hmmm 'ibari-shan?" He asked, speaking slow enough that she could understand, hopefully, even with his mouth full. She should have been able to get the gist at least.

Sakurako Oba
9ppjiii-jpg.212266

Painted Shark
Mentions:
Interacting: Yoriko @RedArmyShogun

Sakurako half-nodded. "True." That much was true. "I don't do this job for the pay. Who would?" she voiced.

"Pester me?" That was a bit irksome, wasn't it? "You want me to babysit?" She raised her eyebrow, then tugged on her hat. Sure, that was more or less her job description. Yep, it seemed she wanted exactly that. Sakurako shrugged. She did prefer finding things to entertain herself. Bodyguarding was typically pretty damn boring most of the time. "I'll keep an eye on 'em," she murmured.

Still holding the brim of her hat, Sakurako peeked out with a single eye. There was an obvious frown upon her face. "Get me a proper uniform that fits me," she grunted. It was clear she didn't enjoy the small unfitted one that a lot of customers enjoyed seeing on her. With that, the tall woman firmly walked out.

• According to Plan
Reactions: Astros

Kazuma Kenichi

Mentions:
Enichi, Katsuro, Shinobu, Sakurako

Interactions: @Thaleko

Kazuma let out a brief sigh, taking a moment's respite between orders. It seemed as though Katsuro was dealing with what would be dubbed "The Enichi Situation" in Kazuma's mind. It seemed like he was being ushered around to the back. Surely he wasn't planning to lug that through through the floor with all the customers around.

Shrugging at that, Kazuma began loading up on orders to deliver, laying the dishes on a large platter for him to deliver them on and carrying a small stand under his arm to sit it upon when he reached the appropriate table. As he did so, a flash of white passed him by. White hair, white skin--White everything, like a phantom. Suddenly the locals' mentions of spirits seemed less like jokes.

The ghost waved at him before walking right on by and disappearing from sight. Kazuma blinked, glancing over as the tallest waitress exited Yorko's office.

"Uh... Sakurako-san?" Kazuma called. "We... wouldn't happen to have a ghost on the payroll, do we?"

Tsuchiya Katsuro

Interactions: @RedArmyShogun - Hibari

Katsuro gave Hibari a nod to her response. "I'll try not to take too long. Should just need to help him put it somewhere."

The floor seemed to be getting less busy as Katsuro walked through the door into the back of the hallway, passing by Kazuma and Sakurako. He was about to step into the back to get Enichi's generator in when Kazuma asked about a ghost. Wait. What? It wasn't just him? He turned around, taking a look as Kazuma finished speaking. "I'll go take a look really quick while Enichi brings that generator around."

Katsuro rounded the bend to the sight of an incredibly pale young man dressed in white offering mochi to the young girl he'd seen in the main area earlier. Had nobody decided to keep an eye on her? Regardless, was he the mysterious ghost? He looked like a normal patron to Katsuro, so probably best to be polite to be safe. And maybe give the kid a lesson on stranger danger a bit later. Katsuro walked up the corridor to place a hand on the young man's shoulder to get his attention. "Excuse me, sir. I don't recognize you as staff, and patrons aren't allowed in the back rooms. Can I please ask you to return to the restaurant proper?"

Sakurako Oba
9ppjiii-jpg.212266

Painted Shark
Mentions:
Interacting: @EmperorsChosen

Coming out from the back, on her way to go find Hinako to start up her babysitting duties as requested. Sakurako was surprisingly stopped by one of the boys, asking her a very odd question. It would've been irritating to the tall woman, interrupting her duties as it were. If something didn't strike her mind in that exact moment. A fleeting fancy, you could call it.

The tall woman paused. Then turned to him. With one hand on the brim of her cap, the other clapped down on his shoulder. And she bent down to the shorter person. She peered at him darkly with just a visible sole eye.

"Haven't you heard? 'The Cursed Child of the Painted Shark'. Is what they call him. Really?!" She feigned surprise. "You haven't?! My word, boy. You come to work here, without even knowing the tale?!" She shook her head. "Well, I'm sure you'll be alright. Ah, I'm no good at telling tales, so I'll give you the gist. One day, long ago, a mother and her son came to eat here. The mother was known around the city as a gypsy. A fortuneteller. But it's more appropriate to call her witch." Sakurako hissed suddenly.

"So, a notorious witch and her witch son came one day. But the current waiters that day hated the creepy lady, and her creepy son. So they thought they'd play a prank on them. They "wanted to teach the witch a lesson", so when they confirmed her son had allergies to a specific food. They sneakily cooked it into his dish thinking he would just get a trip to the hospital. Or would need some weird voodoo magic to heal him or something. Well, voodoo magic was what occurred alright."

"Her son died on the spot to anaphylactic shock. So the grieving mother, wailing uncontrollably, cast a 'curse' on our lovely restaurant. "The soul of my aggrieved son will forever walk these walls!!!" She screamed, raising her hands up like this, casting her spell. "He will do unto the waiters what they did unto him forevermore!!! Only after a thousand deaths will the payment be equal!!!" She announced. Then quickly made a flashy, magical exit. Leaving behind the dead corpse of her son on the restaurant floor. Right there."
She pointed.

"Its said if a waiter sees him, then that waiter must've done something to earn the Cursed Child's ire; I've always wondered why any males would apply here as waitstaff."

Sakurako paused, as if she realized something. She patted Kazuma's shoulder and stood upright. "Oh, but, you'll be okay, I'm sure. Don't worry about it."

With that, the tall woman pulled away and left him, smirking under her cap.

Kagome Himura
Mentions: Kazuma
Interacting: Shinobu | @Demon Shinobi

Kagome returned to her duties now that Kazuma was taking care of the new customers. If she had time, she would go and take a few tables off his or Sakurako's hands. Kazuma himself seemed to be born to wait tables while Sakurako seemed... capable of the job. She'd be fine; the boss lady hired her for a reason.

It'll be fine...

She caught sight of the little girl going around the restaurant, and if she hadn't seen the girl come out of the boss's office she would have been trying to get the kid to sit at a table until her parents came back... Was the boss a mom or something? Didn't seem the motherly type... Maybe a sister or a niece or something. As long as the kid wasn't throwing tantrums or tripping the wait staff, Kagome didn't care. She didn't bother with Yoriko's family life or learning about it since she was at the restaurant for a job; not to learn about her boss's complicated backstory.

As the time passed and Kagome was starting to move on autopilot, she thought about what the boss said to them about staying after. She definitely needed the overtime but wondered if Kagome would be one of the people that Yoriko had to speak to. Probably not though; for what reason would the boss want to speak to her?

A table requested some utensils, and with a smile and nod, she went to retrieve them. However, on her way there she halted when she spotted a bit of white from her peripheral vision. She paused, looking in the direction of it and rose an eyebrow.

The hell was that?

Every horror movie she's seen would tell her not to investigate, but because this was real life and not just some rinky dink B-list horror film, Kagome decided to see what the hell was lingering around.

She stepped closer, feeling a slight chill as she followed where the white spot had come from. Slowly but surely, she eased further until she caught nothing but white. A pale, ghostly figure towering over the small child, looking to take her into the afterlife.The sudden eeriness caught her off-guard. She'd seen beings like this in books! The movies were right! Everything she knew was a lie!

"KYAAAA-"

Kagome immediately slapped her hand over her mouth to abruptly stop the screaming, staring wide eyed at the "ghost" until she noticed that it was wearing the restaurant's uniform.

She took a deep breath to calm herself.

"God, who the hell was messing with the Ouija Board?"

----------------------​

Kotone Suzuki
Mentions: Shinobu
Interacting: Katashi | @Astros

Staying after sounded very interesting... The overtime would be nice, but not for the money. What possible entertainment would come, he wasn't sure. But he wanted to see and figure it out. Katashi told him to stay near his stronger coworkers if he did choose to stay behind and he gave him a nod.

Kotone knew better. Half his coworkers could do pushups with him on their backs; his boss included. There was no way he was going to try to fight any of the shady people that came around when he was more a danger to himself.

"I'd be stupid not to." He assured the other.

As he moved to the cooling fridge, he heard Shinobu tell him to be careful before he left. Kotone chuckled to himself, pulling out a tray of freshly made cheesecakes that had just finished cooling enough to be a solid. All he needed to do now was transfer them to the main fridge for ready desserts.

"Alright, I'll be careful-"

His foot stepped but the rest of his muscles seemed to not respond. His foot didn't plant firmly and instead slipped on seemingly nothing. The weakness in his legs did not allow for his other leg to balance properly. In the end, Kotone fell to the ground hard with the cheesecakes flying from the tray to the counters, floor, parts of the wall, and Kotone himself.

"Nooo, my cheesecakes!"

Takenaka Katashi
c8ebde39f5645fba003993d90012d8d8.jpg

Mentions: @Jessica
Interactions: @Jessica

With a faint "splat", in an instant cheesecake rained across the kitchen walls, counter, and stovetop. Making its way into the dishes Katashi was preparing as well as his hair and face. The junior chef stopped what he was doing, and stared for a moment at the mess before him. After a few seconds, he let out a harsh sigh before reducing the burners again. Looking over at Kotone, in his pitiful downcast state, lathered in cheese cake which now dripped from the ceiling. Katashi's annoyance evaporated into a chuckle and shake of his head. Moving to the sink, he wet a rag and went over to the kid, stepping in the scattered remains of his hard work. Squatting beside him, Katashi locked eyes before saying.

"Aho. When somebody says be careful. Yah slow down and pay attention. Got it?"

Wiping a sizeable smear of pastry from Kotone's face, he held out the rag for him to take.

"Don't worry about the mess. You can always make more. Yah didn't break anything yeah?"

Katashi hadn't been paying attention when the kid fell, but from the way the cake exploded across the kitchen he guessed it had been quite the tumble. There wasn't any blood on the floor so his skull was still intact. But, with knowing Kotone somewhat, Katashi knew his bones were fashioned from glass, and his skin paper. Giving him a look over, Katashi really didn't want to send him home bruised and broken if he could avoid it. The kid liked working here, and Katashi remembered just how protective his own parents had been of him. Or at least had tried to be.

"Yah want help up?"

"KYAAAA-"

"The hell? ... Sounds like one ah' the new girls"

Looking over his shoulder towards the kitchen doorway, the scream sounded like it came from down the hall opposite the boss's office. That meant at least the boss wasn't threatening the new staff yet. Yet. He couldn't imagine it was the Amazonian who was shrieking, but one could never tell. Wondering if it could be another flasher or maybe even another stabbing. He turned back to Kotone, wanting to make sure he was fine first before going to see what the fuss was about. There was also the matter of the food, he couldn't forget.

1614900956871-png.212591
&
1614902827804-png.212604

Yoriko Nishikawa and Hibari Nishikawa
NPCs Shinji & Hinako
Interactions: Various

As the chaos starts to play out, Hinako smiles slightly at the cook and his offer of sweets, though he did look odd, she was briefly taken aback but accepts his offer with a shaky hand. At least he was nice, though she wondered why her sister had sent her to find one of the two girls, the cooks were nicer.. Well mostly. Accepting the mochi from Shinobu, Hinako pauses as the chaos unfolds.

First was the people that suspected him to be a ghost, then she briefly heard the giant lady going on about some story or another, then came a loud scream followed with the greeter asking the cook to leave. Half wanting to speak up for him a loud crash was to follow... It was too late to help anyone now.

As if a deathly silence had settled across the restaurant and was soon broken by a loud slamming of a door as with deft speed and precision Yoriko emerges from the office, Hibari suppresses a smile knowing what was to come.

First taking note of the screaming woman who just as quickly stopped herself, the antics Shinobu found himself caught up in the crashing in the Kitchen, she heads for it first, seeing the Cheesecake all over the floor. Shinji glances back at her but quickly goes back to his work knowing better than to get involved with this situation. Glaring at the fallen pastry chef, Yoriko looked angry but other than a creepy smile, she did nothing but stare at Hinako and the offending "ghost". A loud audible pop could be heard from her jaw as the green haired boss lady makes her way for the door leading towards the source of the chaos.

Hibari for her part takes notice of this silence from her sister and frowns, looking at Enichi as she did so. "...Hide the Generator. Now." She says to those in the front.

• Spicy
Wd3vTVY.png

Shinobu Miura
Interactions: Hinako (@RedArmyShogun ), Katsuro (@kookyboy9 ), and Kagome (@Jessica )
Mentions: Yoriko and Hibari briefly

Shinobu smiled when Hinako took the piece of mochi, tossing another piece into his own mouth. He was glad she seemed okay, even if a little shaky. She was either very shy or very scared. Or maybe it was both?

Well... it didn't really matter now did it. Now, what was the best course of action. There would have been a reason that she wasn't with the boss. Hibari was working right now; so, bring Hinako to her probably wasn't a great idea. Maybe the boss had made arrangements for her to be watched. "Maybe you sh-" Before Shinobu could continue, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Hm?" he hummed looking over his shoulder at the person touching him.

"Excuse me, sir. I don't recognize you as staff, and patrons aren't allowed in the back rooms. Can I please ask you to return to the restaurant proper?"

"Ah. Katsuro," he said softly as he slipped away from the larger man's hands. "I'm not much for confrontation. So, I hope you don't mind my leaving things at: 'I'm not a patron.'" He gave a kurt bow, plate of mochi still in hand, as though that helped things in any capacity. "Mochi?" he added. Yes. Certainly that would make everything better. "Actually no... I should leave these with you," he smiled, turned to pass the plate to the small girl beside them. He didn't seem to have any intention of further explaining things to Katsuro. Why should he, after all. Katsuro hadn't asked anything.

Still, Shinobu turned his gaze back to Katsuro. "If you want mochi, you can g--"

"KYAAAA-"

"AH!" Shinobu's hands shot up to cover his ears. "O-oi!" he raised his voice just enough as he caught sight of Kagome. "Are you dumb? Actually stupid? This is a family restaurant. People are enjoying their meals." He shook his head. This young man who roamed the halls and looked like a literal ghost was scolding the busty redhead. "Hinako, you should wait in the break room. Someone will be by soon, I'm sure." he said, head still shaking as he hurried the young girl into the room, mochi plate in had.

It was silent for a moment before his gaze shifted to Kagome once more. "Seriously, did all brain growth stop at puberty and shift to your tits?" He shook his head. "I was hoping you newbies would be smarter," this comment seemed to be aimed at both Kagome and Katsuro. The worst part... he'd still not explained who he was or why he was there.