Knights Of New Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minami smiled softly and shook her head. 'I have a better way.'
She snapped her fingers and a purple haze appeared around the group before they all vanished, teleporting to Minami's house.

Her house wasn't all that grand, but she had a good sized living space and enough rooms. She appeared with the group at her front door and walked in, immediately spotting Pain inside and smiling. 'Pain, I'm back.' she called out, walking into the living room and petting the large wolf.
'Well, this is it, make yourself comfortable.' she said to everybody.
"Hm, that is most....unsettling..."

Steel couldn't help but feel bad. She clapped her hand on Voidwolf's shoulder and smiled slightly. "Don't worry, we always seem to find a way to drive them off. For Viran though...it's always been personal. I was visiting the area his people settled when they arrived here and I heard rumors from some of the other Valkorians, that Viran's grandfather was killed by Death or War, that Viran was tricked by War into beating the living hell out of his mother...If they are true, then I'm surprised Viran hasn't snapped yet. To lose his mother and grandfather...I don't think I could handle it."@Stryder

She was about to say more when some sort of purple light seemed to envelope them and a moment later they were in a room. A moment later she saw a large wolf sitting on the ground and listened as Mina explained that this was her home. She looked around and saw a chair and sat down as Voltage sat down next to her. "So...nice house." She said as she looked at Mina with a smile. "It's in better shape then the old HQ is." @Minami

'Well, this is it, make yourself comfortable.'

"So...this is a nice place. Very nice. I just wanted to say thank you for your hospitality, Mina." Viran said with a smile as he looked around before turning back at Mina and the wolf. He smiled slightly. It was good to see that pain was still doing well after Mason's death.

"If you don't have enough room, I can sleep on the roof." He offered as he looked around. He didn't want to abuse Mina's hospitality. Not to mention he was a little on the tall side and he wasn't sure how big the rooms were.

@Drakel
Recluse shuddered at the feeling of teleportation, he apparently didn't enjoy that sensation too much. "Let's please never do that again." He spoke, shivering a little bit as he relax before jumping up onto the ceiling as he heard Pain bark loudly, obviously happy to see Mina, rushing up to jump up at her and a=shower her with affection. "Nice dog..." Recluse spoke from the ceiling, chuckling nervously as he stuck himself up there."I could sleep up here if that's alright with you all." He spoke with a small nervous smile.

Voidwolf listened to Steel, truly understanding the pain Viran had felt against these beings, loss of family, an unrivaled rage, and hatred. "I see...." He spoke in response, understanding what she was getting at. Soon observing Recluse and finding it somewhat amusing, canids were his forte in a sense. "This is a nice home Minami...." He spoke, admiring her household.

The man looked down at the girl as she muttered something about someone 'going to kill us', but he said nothing, seeing that she was rather disconnected from the world for a moment, though the woman's next statement was a bit thought provoking, a man who can destroy countless worlds without ever being stopped. These words did put the strange man at a sense of unease, and in a sense that maybe they are in great threat after all, though he did know that out of everything, earth had considerable people of great power, more so than most other alien worlds.

The man nodded at the girl before getting up and getting up, this woman was desperate, she was frightened and whatever happened to make her so afraid, he needed to know. Seeing that she composed herself the masked figure under the scarf, left eye and everything under the ridge of his nose well hidden from the dark red splotched scarf. "Daniel. I'm in search for the recent heroes here so you can tag along if you'd like." replied Daniel, hand still out for the woman to grab if wanted.

Minami smiled a bit at the sensation Recluse gave off when they arrived, it seemed it was not his favorite means of transportation. 'Very well, next time we'll fly.' she stated jokingly, hugging the large wolf beside her.
She laughed as she noticed yet another odd response from the wallcrawler, a great fear of Pain, it would seem. 'Pain won't hurt you, don't worry. He's a sweet little teddybear.' she chuckled as she ruffled through the wolf's fur.
'I have some guest rooms in the back, we may need to share a bit, but it should do.' she stated. 'No need to sleep on the roof or the ceiling.' she smiled at Recluse and Viran.

@Stryder @Chev

"Daniel. I'm in search for the recent heroes here so you can tag along if you'd like."

Overdrive looked up at the offered hand and smiled slightly despite the fear she was feeling. Maybe on this version of the world, things would be different. "I'd...I'd appreciate that. They need to be warned of what's coming for this world." She said softly as she took the offered hand and rose to her feet. She took a couple deep breaths and smiled at Daniel. "Thank you for listening. Most people just think I'm crazy when I'm trying to warn people about Slice." @Drakel

'I have some guest rooms in the back, we may need to share a bit, but it should do.' she stated. 'No need to sleep on the roof or the ceiling.'

Viran smiled slightly as his face got slightly red for a moment. "Thank you for the hospitality, Mina." Viran said with a smile. "I'd like to catch up if you have the chance however if you have the time. I'd like to know what you've been up to since we left Second City." @Minami

Pocket Dimension.

Screams of anguish and pure terror could be heard all around as Death teleported himself into the pocket dimension he and War called home for the time being. He was eager to see how the chosen Valkorians were handling the tests and trials that they were being put through. War approached him and motioned towards four screaming forms that were covered in what appeared to be shadowy flames.

"The trials go well. We are down to six captives but they are showing extreme potential, after we had to genetically modify their DNA of course. Their bodies are beginning to adapt while their minds are being pushed to the brink and then brought back from the abyss." War smiled at the captives. A genuine smile. "It's amazing what can be accomplished with the right methods."

"And the pocket dimension? It remains hidden from the Titans?" Death asked.

"Yes. For the moment we are effectively outside of Space and Time. An hour within the pocket dimension could translate to a week in normal time and space. I don't see how the Titans could find us here."

Death smiled a very dark smile as he turned to look at a female Valkorian who was bleeding heavily from what seemed to be a hundred small cuts. Shadowy chains seemed to hold her on the ground but oddly enough, she was separated from the rest of the captives. "And you Valis? Do you enjoy your new home?"

Valis looked up at the two with unbridled hatred at the two as blood streamed down her face. "My son...My son will find us. And he will put an end to you."

Death smiled as he grabbed Valis's arm and applied pressure and was rewarded with the sound of a bone cracking as Valis screamed in pain. "I'm counting on it. When the time is right, Your son and his friends will find us. But not until I wish it. And not until my followers are ready."

Walking down the street, splitting foot traffic with his mere presence, Gladius was musing over a map held in his hands. He looked around to find a landmark, but sadly, human cities were not as easy to navigate as those in his Metalborn home. He wasn't worried, he's used to spending weeks wandering a city before finding the first place he always goes. Gotham should have a Police Department, a few blocks away. He lowers the map and smiles at a passing human, before looking over them, "If I go down these backroads, I should make it there in approximately, half the time." He strides forward, about twenty paces, and then turns onto a side street. He holds his map up and nods, heading down the road.

Daniel looked down and nodded at the woman after she grabbed his arm, his other still well wrapped in a cloth cast and partly hidden under his long sleeved jacket. "Then we have no time to lose." Replied Daniel after the woman rose to her feet. "Don't mention it." Was all Daniel had to say in reply to Overdrive thanking him. With that the man started to talk through the alley way further until he reached a side street. Without looking back at this Overdrive person, Daniel's curiosity on who or what this 'Slice' thing was. "Mind telling me more about this, Slice person?" Asked the scarf masked man while walking.

Not even moments after asking, Daniel noticed a strange figure with a more blue colored 'skin' and covered in a very red armor that reminds the man of his... Daniel's only visible eye raises in suspicion, the figure walking towards them were holding a large map and were much, much taller than himself. With each heavy step this man took, the ground below cracked. Soon Daniel decided to walk up to the man and place a hand forward, as to say 'stop' and in an effort to catch the giant armored man's, or at least he assumed such, attention. "You looking for someplace?" asked Daniel curiously. He didn't move aside for the giant metal man, nor did he look intimidated whatsoever at the giant (to him at least) before him, unlike the many other humans that he likely had seen.

The human before him was cloaked well, wearing a long scarf, masking his face and his left eye under the dark, red-brown splotched scarf. His left arm appeared to be held in a cloth, self-made cast of sorts while he tucked it more into his single sleeved jacket. The man below the giant did seem like he was injured for the most part, or that was the impression the human was trying to give.

@Chev @Red Knight V

"Mind telling me more about this, Slice person?"

Overdrive shuddered slightly at the thought of Slice. "Honestly, I don't know where he came from. All I know is that he isn't from the dimension I called home and he was utterly without mercy." She took a deep breath and tried to gather her thoughts. "He just showed up one day and began attacking Meta-humans until he managed to catch our attention. We went after him and we almost immediately lost two teammates, my friends Voltage and Steel. He...he sliced their heads off and went after the rest of us. We managed to lose him for a while but he caught up with us at Cadmus."

She fought back tears as she remembered her team's final stand. "He killed the rest of them...he cut them down like they were nothing. I was holding the reality jumper and I must have accidentally activated it. The last thing I saw was him stabbing Viran through the head." She turned to look at Daniel and wiped away tears. "I thought I was safe when I arrived in the reality I arrived in, but a few days later he appeared again and slaughtered that world's version of the Titans, but this time he took it a step further. He managed to get a hold of that world's version of Cadmus and stole codes that allowed him to take control of their Cadmus. He fired some kind of missile that started World War three on that world. The last thing I saw from that world was a massive explosion that took out Second City."

"I've been running ever since and I've seen him kill my friends and other meta-humans over and over again. It's like nothing can stop him. He just keeps killing them." A terrified look appeared on her face for a second. "I keep hoping that I'll find a way to stop him. He's like an indestructible killing machine. Never stopping, never hesitating and never showing mercy."

Overdrive stared ahead as she saw another figure nearby. "Friend of yours?" She asked carefully.

@Drakel

Gladius stopped, it seemed someone was addressing him. After quickly looking over the man before him, he replied, "Ah, yes. I'm relatively new to Gotham, and was looking for the Police Department. I've heard that the city is experiencing high levels of crime, and wanted to make inquiries with those working against it." He didn't trust the cloaked man, since he obviously was not afraid of Gladius, which meant he, either knew about Gladius, or was powerful. Either way, he was someone to be cautious about.

Gladius looked from the man, to his companion. Obviously not a normal human, the fact that Daniel was with such a person only confirmed Gladius' suspicions. He shifted his footing, and watched the cloaked man. "Judging by your companion's attire, you know some of the information that I seek," his tone questioning.
@Chev @Drakel

Daniel listened in on the woman behind him describing this monster, not quite sure what to think due to the type of information she gave him, no real description of what he looked like nor his powers. Though he just nodded to Overwatch, knowing that she was still probably in complete shock from all that has happened to her and by how much she truly lost. Out of all the information he gained, however he learned some very, very important things. One, that this Slice was from another dimension, and that meant that there were probably many, many more for them all to deal with and a fairly good chance this slice may or may not meet himself in another dimension and thus, team up. Two, that one alone was almost immortal and impossible to kill, or as the girl explained. Finally that this Slice was able to kill Viran alone, which Daniel knew was anything but an easy feat. The thought of him meeting himself in another dimension, and the two teaming up did put a shiver up his spine. He knew however that he can't press the girl for more information so instead he dropped the subject until she would be more comfortable talking about it again.

When asked about the large man in front of him, Daniel shrugged before saying, "Never met him, though he's clearly not the average Joe of the streets..." Replied the scarf-masked man before looking back at the armored giant in front of him. When the large man explained where he was heading and why, Daniel his brow but didn't question it. He did notice that as soon as Overwatch was in sight, the large man's footing changed to a more defensive stance before questioning Daniel for information. Holding his only hand out, the other wrapped in cloth as though it was injured Daniel said, "No need to take the defensive stance, no one here will harm you." Started the cloaked figure, waiting for the giant to lose his guard before continuing. "As for information, I don't know what you might need, but I'm willing to help however I can... I suppose to start, your map is held upside down and me and my friend here are both in search of the recent heroes that have been popping up recently. We'll likely be heading a similar path so you're free to join us." Stated the shorter, smaller man before waving for Overwatch to come closer. "I'm Daniel, and this here is Overwatch. Mind if I ask of your name, sir?"

@Chev @Red Knight V

"Judging by your companion's attire, you know some of the information that I seek,"

"I actually just arrived in this dimension." Overdrive said cautiously. "I'm not that familiar with Gotham, last time I was in it, it was nothing but a wasteland that was in the process of burning to the ground.

"I'm Daniel, and this here is Overwatch. Mind if I ask of your name, sir?"

"My name is Overdrive actually." Overdrive said quietly. She didn't wish to offend anyone who could possibly help against Slice. When he arrived, and she had no doubt that he would eventually show up in this dimension, she wanted to give this version of the Titans a fighting chance. Already, this dimension was slightly different from the previous ones she had visited. This was the first time she had seen these two particular meta-humans. Maybe they would be able to help finally bring him down.

Reality 73906

Slice smiled peacefully behind his helmet as he fired an energy blast into the head of the last remaining meta-human and let out a happy sigh. One down, nearly an infinite number to go. He thought to himself as he pulled a device off his belt that had a glowing blue screen and was softly beeping. Reality Jumper radiation triangulation in progress. Estimated time to completion: Two hours.

Slice pulled a slightly bloodied cape off of one of the dead meta-humans and hummed softly to himself as he began to wipe the large amount of blood off his sword as he sat among the corpses and a soft laugh filled the air. He pushed Viran's body onto it's back and looked down at the dead Valkorian. "Can't wait to do this again. I always seem to enjoy killing you the most...well, you and the demon thing. You two at least put up a fight worth remembering. Pity I disintegrated her."

@Drakel @Red Knight V

Gladius smiled, they were looking for heroes. Whether their motives were good or not, he would not deny that he was a hero. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Daniel, and Miss Overdrive, I am Gladius Fulgur, a hero new to Gotham." He laughed and flipped his map around, "To think I was holding this wrong." After glancing at the map quickly he sighed, "I can't say it helps any more this way around. I accept your offer to join you." Gladius offered the map to the man with one hand, "If you would like. I think you would be able to utilize it better than myself."

Why were an injured man, and an obvious super looking for heroes? Daniel and Overdrive might be looking for heroes, because they are either looking to join them, or fight them. It would be unlikely for an injured villain to hunt heros, even if they were with a powerful ally. Although looking injured would be a good way to convince the heroes to lower their guard, and to conceal a weapon. He needed to clear this up before going anywhere with them, "Are you hero hunters?"

@Chev @Drakel

Recluse nervously smiled beneath his mask as he stood up on the wall, his body completely vertical and his feet planted on the ceiling, allowing him to defy gravity in his own special way. "Little? There's nothing little about him.." He Recluse retorted, placing his hands on his hips as he arched a hidden brow. "I'll take the ceiling if you don't mind." He smirked some, beginning to web one of the corners of the ceiling enough to make a makeshift home.

Pain simply let out a semi-loud bark toward Recluse, just to toy with him, wagging his tail swiftly as he leaned into Minami's affectionate hug, nuzzling into the female sweetly. As bad as things were, since the loss of Mason and his sister, Pain had gone through his fair share of hardships, even for an animal it still hurt. Mina had been his biggest lifeline, as well as Viran, the only ones who really knew Mason for him.

Voidwolf was standing in silence for a moment until the white eyes of his mask brightened to a glowing purple coloring as he gasped in surprise. "Entities that do not belong have entered this realm, I know not of their motives but neither seem to have come in peace as far as I can inquire." He spoke, informing the others around of the possible danger.

@Chev
@Minami

Reactions: Minarawr
Daniel felt a bit humiliated when Overdrive corrected him still holding his smile, even though it died down a bit Daniel could only mutter to her. "Sorry." He swore he had her name right the first time though apparently he made a mistake in her name, enough of such that he needed correcting.

Looking back at Gladius though the scarf masked man nodded to the second hero he met thus far. "Good to meet you too Gladius." Smiled the human before chuckling when the metal giant turned the map around. "It is all good, it happens quite often. It's not easy reading those maps." Said the man to make the giant feel a bit more comfortable before nodding at Gladius when he accepted that he would join them. When Gladius offered the one handed man the map, Daniel could only frown under his scarf as he took it with the free right hand before handing it to overdrive. "I think Overdrive here can read it better and open it easier than me. I'm more than sure she's familiar with Gotham by now." Said the human with a slight awkward chuckle, hoping that this time he got her name right.

When asked about whether or not he was a hero hunter or not, Daniel raised the only visible brow curiously at the hero, unsure how to answer that specific question. "If we were, I highly doubt either of us would tell you. Though if we were, we really wouldn't invite a hero to stick with us in search of other heroes... I think your odds are good man, we're only in search for them. Overdrive here has a very urgent message that she needs to send them, and I just want to talk with one, maybe get an autograph or something. It's not easy getting one from Viran or White Devil after all."

@Chev @Red Knight V

"Are you hero hunters?"

Overdrive frowned slightly. "No. As a matter of fact, I was a member of my world's version of the Titans...before Slice got them of course." She said quietly.

"Sorry."

Overdrive smiled slightly. "It's not a big deal. I just wanted to make sure we got everyone's names right." She said quietly. "I think Overdrive here can read it better and open it easier than me. I'm more than sure she's familiar with Gotham by now."

"Well, I'm familiar with a few different versions of Gotham, but this one seems similar to the one in my home reality." She said as she looked at the map and she looked startled for a moment. "Hmmmm...that's new." She muttered to herself as she looked at a few of the landmarks and tried to make sense of the map.

"Just give me a few minutes to take a look at this." She said quietly.

"Entities that do not belong have entered this realm, I know not of their motives but neither seem to have come in peace as far as I can inquire."

Steel and Voltage looked at each other before Voltage raised her hand. "We can go look into it. If we need help we can always call the rest of you."

Above Gotham City

The Wanderer's lantern began to pulse brightly as she landed atop a building with the words "Wayne Enterprises" above it. "Hostile life-form detected." The ring intoned softly as The Wanderer looked around in confusion. She saw nothing around her except the bright lights of the sign.

"Hostile life-form detected." The ring simply said again and the Wanderer shook her head. "Must be damaged. I'll have to see if I can fix this." She muttered.

Minami was lovingly hugging and petting Pain when Voidwolf suddenly spoke up, causing her to look up at him.
'Unknown entities?' she stated. She glanced at Pain and sighed a bit. She knew how hard it had been on him after Mason died, they both nearly destroyed themselves after the event. Pain was like a kindred spirit and her last remaining link to Mason, in a sense. She hated leaving him alone again, but this wasn't something she could let go.

'Okay, we should go check it out then.' she said, getting up. With a snap of her fingers shadows curled around her and she was donned in her battle gear. 'We teleport? Or we fly?' she stated.

Atop Wayne Enterprises perched the same unknown bomber that attacked Arkham Asylum, watching the green lantern female patrol the area. A left hand would grip the handle of his blades, unsheathing them in a swift motion until just a small portion of the blade was somewhat visible and out of its sheath. Slowly he began to creep his way behind the galactic spacefarer keeping a remarkanble amount of balance with each and every step. "No, no.....it isn't malfunctioning, I'm sure..." The strange man spoke in a spine chilling tone of voice before lunging from the shadows, ripping the blades from their sheaths mid-jump, left blade presented forward a striking weapon and the right as a defending. In the blink of an eye he attacked, slashing his blade horizontally at the green lantern's neck.
@Chev

Pain looked up at her with sad eyes as he quickly understood the situation, she was leaving again and he wasn't going to be able to go with her. He then shifted his gaze as Voidwolf cleared his throat as a mass of shadowy energy engulfed his hand like a vicious fire ready to devour a home. "Perhaps Pain can accompany us, he will do less good for us stuck here." He spoke to Minami, suggesting he had some sort of way to make Pain a useful ally.
@Minami

Reactions: Minarawr
'Okay, we should go check it out then.' she said, getting up. With a snap of her fingers shadows curled around her and she was donned in her battle gear. 'We teleport? Or we fly?'

Viran looked over at Voltage and Steel before sighing and looking at Mina with a small smile. "Never a dull day here." He said. I can catch up with her later. He thought to himself. "I vote for teleport by the way."

@Minami

Wayne Enterprises

"No, no.....it isn't malfunctioning, I'm sure..."

The Wanderer turned around quickly and was barely able to form a small shield around her neck and face to block what would have been a lethal strike. She took a few steps back and assessed her opponent . Unknown facial features, unknown weapons besides those swords and obviously highly trained.

"I don't recall meeting you. Have we met at some point?" She asked as her ring began to glow with power and a suit of green armor surrounded her. "Or are you just having a bad day and decided to test your luck?" @Stryder

A creepy smirk curled its way onto the masked figure's face as he got into a better posture a she activated her ring. "No....the first time I cross paths with anyone is always their last.." He spoke before lunging forward once more, in midst of movement his left blade would be sheathed allowing him to now have an open hand. He'd move swiftly in an attempt to get close and strike with an open palm to her chest, at least enough to surprise her.

Last edited by a moderator:
"No....the first time I cross paths with anyone is always their last.."

The Wanderer smiled grimly. "Is there any reason you want to kill me?" She asked as she carefully re-positioned herself only to have her eyes widen in shock as he bolted towards her with an open hand and the sword in the other. For the first time in a long time, the Wanderer felt something close to fear. This wasn't the type of opponent she had trained herself to fight. This wasn't a brute, someone who relied solely on strength and endurance to win the fight, this one was fast and apparently knew where to strike to kill.

She gathered what she hoped was enough power in her ring only to stare down in horror as the ring flickered as the mysterious assassin closed the distance and she felt the power leak from the ring as she tried to channel more power into it.

"No!" She shouted as she forced herself backward away from the Assassin

The assassin braced his stance on his left leg, orienting it back behind him as she frantically pushed herself away from his attack. He'd seen movements like that before, like they were by thought of her control, like her fight or flight was kicking in, this was her fear and it was delicious. The heartbeat of his enemy played like a symphony of bass in accompany with the crossed tempo of quickened breathing, along with the scent of pores releasing the sweet smell of Cortisol. His eyes focused on the flickering ring as he slowly moved forward, her own weapon was useless thanks to her being afraid it seemed. "Oh how pitiful, you're afraid....do I scare you girl?" He mused in a sadistic manner, poising his blade accordingly. "You're a hero....that's my reason to want you dead, your misguided view of trying to save the world, you just don't simply know just how to cut out the cancer." He spoke, stressing that word as me oriented the blade forward aiming it at her neck. "Go on....speak now." He spoke as if to allow her such a privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.