- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

CLOSED SIGNUPS - [OOC]: Blades and Magic

I don't have a proper title for this yet since this is still a concept in the making (which means this thread will also somewhat double as a plotting/concept thread) but I recently stumbled across a character I had drafted for what may have been one of the best magical girl roleplays in Iwaku's history, but suffered an early death due to real Iife getting in the way, Crimson Soul, created by Astaroth back in 2014. This Roleplay concept will be loosely inspired by that. Loosely because I deliberately neglected to re-read the plot information of Crimson Soul so as to not take more from it than I plan but I do remember two or three key concepts; the knight and magical girl pairings, the missing veteran magical girl, and the awakening of new magical girls.

This will probably take place in a typical fantasy era with kingdoms and villages and rulers and walls and demons trying to destroy everything because we've done pissed them off. Except, instead of mages and grand wizards, we have magical girls and knights to protect us :D Of course there would be hidden no-one-knows-why-they-exist dungeons, forgotten-for-some-odd-reason temples, and who-can-honestly-misplace-this locations, but we'll be focusing on something much more humble; figuring out what's mutating the wild life around a nearby village and turning them back into their bright eyed, bushy tailed selves =^.^=

What did you expect? We're all just newly initiated into the order afterall. They have to know that you can handle yourselves ;)

Of course, the order is in a bit of a huff after a second team of magical girls have disappeared, and some wonder if they should send you out at all.

More info on the Order:

- I don't really have an official, fancy name for the Order yet o.o;

- While the Order is technically controlled and sponsored by the Crown, it is ran by a well respected veteran knight and a veteran magical girl.

- You become apart if the order in two ways; you were born into it or you were recruited as a child to start your training. Rarely has anyone ever joined the order when they were older than ten but it could happen.

- Magical girls are magical based fighters, like battle mages, and if they do use a weapon it's either a staff, a wand, a scepter, or anything magical related that helps them channel their magic. They may summon magical manifestations of magic, but it's unlikely they have any training in weaponry. Unlikely, but not entirely unheard of; however, those who were only trained on magic will have a better grasp on it than one who split their studies. I haven't decided on magical sources yet though o.o;

- Knights are normally assigned to a magical girl as a sort of protector. They don't normally use magic and instead use enchanted weaponry and armor. They could use magic, but not as good as much or as great as a magical girl can. [I'll be assigning knights to their charges, but in the event we have more knights than magical girls, then instead being assigned to an individual they'll just be assigned to the party in general].

- Typically, knights are males and magical girls are females. This, however, is not always the case. By all means, break the mold! I would love to see one or two female knights and male "magical girls".

- Four to eight knights and magical girls are being newly initiated into the Order. That's two-four knights and two-four magic girls. Depending on how many are interested and can get involved.

- I kind of want a different name for the magical girls. Perhaps Sorceresses? Of course there has to be magical transformations and magic).

Thoughts? ideas? Interested?

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Reactions: Nemopedia
This seems interesting, but I have some questions. How do they enchant the armor and the weapon? Do the blacksmiths do it or is it some sort of blessing? Also, would it be alright to make a knight that was once a blacksmith?

Blessing from the veteran magical girl :D Sorry, forgot to mention that o.o; How they do it is a closely guarded secret. Can't exactly have someone running around enchanting their own armor now or they'd make the order obsolete. Most just inherit their enchanted armor from a parent or a master, or has it leant to them by the Order. Only after they do something big like saving the king's life or slaying a dragon that was terrorizing the kingdom would they receive their own costume armor. Or they could purchase it themselves for a high price.

Sort of. The idea is that you spent your whole life training to be a knight of the order. I can see taking on blacksmithing as apart of your knight's studies/training, but you wouldn't be a straight up blacksmith, but a blacksmith apprentice.

• Wicked
Hmmm... I could get into this.^^

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Blessing from the veteran magical girl :D Sorry, forgot to mention that o.o; How they do it is a closely guarded secret. Can't exactly have someone running around enchanting their own armor now or they'd make the order obsolete. Most just inherit their enchanted armor from a parent or a master, or has it leant to them by the Order. Only after they do something big like saving the king's life or slaying a dragon that was terrorizing the kingdom would they receive their own costume armor. Or they could purchase it themselves for a high price.

Sort of. The idea is that you spent your whole life training to be a knight of the order. I can see taking on blacksmithing as apart of your knight's studies/training, but you wouldn't be a straight up blacksmith, but a blacksmith apprentice.
Ah, I see. Well that makes sense. Thank you for answering my questions! I look forward to seeing where this goes.

I love me some Magical Girls, so if there's still space/interest, sign me up. Keep us posted.

Of course ^.^ Including me that's four people. I'll work on thread tonight and hopefully have it up sometime tomorrow :D

• Wicked
I'm very interested in this... As you can see by my avatar, I'm pretty much into exactly what you described. I love playing as a sorceress / witch but more than that I love fantasy style RP's with an actual GOAL. It's hard to find an RP that's simple but has been thought through to completion instead of half formed and executed...

If I could, I'd like to join in as a Sorceress / Witch / Wizard. I'm not sure how you're going to be implementing magic in this RP, but I assume it is pre-defined by a category that's been used before such as the DnD versions which are eloquently defined.

"Sorcerers are more intuitive users of magic that do not need to prepare spells before using them unlike Wizards, which need the use of spellbooks to perform magic"

Sorcery is the wild and innate form of magic available to all gifted magic users. The energy flows through the host and conforms to their will and most often has an immediate effect based off the desires of the user. A sorcerers power is derived from their innate ability, while a Wizards power is obtained through practice and mastery. Both magics are considered equally powerful but both are quite distinct from each other

Wizards represent the methodical, logical, and lawful mechanics of magic. Spells are performed when complex magics are needed to achieve a goal that is beyond the whimsical and wild magics of sorcery. To perform magic a wizard plans a spell which is cast verbally. The words themselves have no power, but the words focus the mind and ensure that no mistakes are made in the casting of the spell. Spells are generally created to perform an action or achieve a goal that is beyond the ability of sorcery, however some simple spells can be cast just as quickly as a sorcerers spells, though the effect is somewhat lessened.

Like I said! I'd love to participate! Let me know if I can help in any way! It seems like you have most everything set up so I'd love to jump in and write with you if you will have me! =]

Real life face claims or anime?

A magical boy sounds fun haha!

Real life face claims or anime?
Anime/drawing/semi-realist as long as it's not uber cartoon- ^.^ I always felt kind of weird using real face claims and it's technically illegal o.o;

• Wicked
Anime/drawing/semi-realist as long as it's not uber cartoon- ^.^ I always felt kind of weird using real face claims and it's technically illegal o.o;

Ah, well. Good luck on your roleplay!

• Thank You
The premise seems interesting. Sign me up if you need another person still.

Do we post CS ideas or just wait? I'm writing an outline for mine already, ha XD

Sorry I'm working out the rules right now Dx All I have to finish is that and the character sheet so it shouldn't be too much longer :3 About another hour or so since I just remembered I have some IRL things to do x.x

• Wicked
Okay!

IRL first! In that case I'm going to fix some breakfast and watch a movie =]

I'll post my ideas as soon as I get your go-ahead! ;)

See you soon!

I'm interested. What is the max number of Rpers do plan on hosting?

Eight :)

EDIT: Sorry, the intro is taking longer than I anticipated to finish o.o;

Still open? I'm not sure what you need more of, but I could make a knight or a magical boy.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lylith
^ Should totally be a knight...

Status
Not open for further replies.