Knight Hunters: Project Shine

L

Lunatic AI

Original poster
[FONT=&quot]Knight Hunters: Project Shine<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

SFCrop.jpg

[FONT=&quot]<o:p> </o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are worlds within worlds. Forces behind the powers that be. No machine is without it’s ghosts. Government, economics, religion- Society is a carefully brokered anarchy; one man's puppets, dancing on another man's strings to still yet someone else's tune. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kritiker. The Critical Eye. Bridling men to hunt the monsters of society... Some would claim it is more accurate, more honest, to say the organization makes beasts of hunted men society has failed. It takes one to know one, after all. You die when you join Kritiker. Always, and at any time, you are allowed to walk away; reject any order, refuse any mission, for the simple reason that you can't- You have nowhere else to go. You live on borrowed time, just waiting for the angel of death to wrap his hands around your neck and drag you off. You shoulder the cross you are dealt and hope the price you were offered for your soul is worth it in the end. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sometimes it is. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kritiker targets corruption, exposing those people or organizations who would prey on the innocent who depend on them. A secret society unlike the Illuminati; seeking the ultimate truth- whatever that is, or the Freemasons; standing sentinel over the world's lost riches, or even Eszett; God (the Devil) only knows what they thought they were trying to do... Kritiker merely avenges where the trust has proved horribly misplaced.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vengeance is a better word than "justice". Because it isn't justice. Kritiker likes to sew pretty words on what they do. "Knights". "Vigilantes". The ever poetic-but-admittedly-rather-long-winded; "Hunting the Darkness that Plagues the Human Condition." But you can't change what's done. You can't make it right. You can only stop it from happening again. Not justice. Just revenge. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But even Kritiker is not immune to the irony of it all... <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Or, perhaps, Kritiker especially is not immune to the irony of it all. With the former director's murder the organization was nearly torn apart by the long festering ambitions among it's own ranks. In the end it was the man's pet assassin team, Project Weiss, that were forced to step in and clean up the mess. In the wake of the purge Kritiker's new head has dispatched these, the organizations most trusted agents, to make contact with surviving operatives and re-organize.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Business as usual.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The show must go on, the world does not stop turning because we, for a moment, were overcome. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anime Based Role Plays are tricky; too often I see people trying to either re-hash the anime cannon (I see no reason for this, personally) or get all their favorite character pairings together (which in most cases turns into straight up Character Butchery- of which I am violently disapproving), or try to crossover too many series until it all just spirals to crap and everyone gives up. You will see none of this here. I'm hoping to expand a bit on the anime universe while keeping true to the theme and structure of the original series- In this case Project Weiss Kreuz: Knight Hunters.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Being a somewhat obscure series outside the realms of crazed yaoi fangirls I've tried to allow for players to have basically no knowledge of cannon. Same anime universe, but working on practically the other side of the world. It's about spies, working undercover at lame day jobs and ridding the world of evil at night while trying not to be stabbed in the back by their own organization. And each other, occasionally. We aren't out to win and kind of award for best story. Just have fun. You do not have to play a cannon character, I am only doing so to help guide the plot. (Cough.) If you really want to take on a cannon character feel free, I'm not going to be a stickler for portrayal either; only in Hentai will you find an anime with fewer rules about plot, characters and genre. That being said this RP will be Rater R for violence, language, and general dark/weird/adult content. That being said does not mean you have free reign to gore civilians, cuss us blue (Unless the situation really, really calls for it. Seriously, Omi- it's a giant razor toothed tentacle monster and what comes out of your mouth? "Oh no!"?) or post anything graphically sexual. Blah, blah, you know the drill. We aren't kids, but the RP board is visible to non-members.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And One Last Note concerning Schwarz-for anyone who knows or cares: NO. If I decide to do a Schwarz RP, it will be made of appropriate awesome, but this is a Weiss RP; any cameos Schwarz will make they will be NPCs. Anyone can mention them or use them in a post, but no one will be playing a Schwarz character specifically. We are the good guys. (Snort.) We don't get Super-Powers. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now I need a team of at least three people to start. Currently, Project Shine's handlers are NPC's, but if someone would like to play one or both of them they can, or if they would like the role of handler for their own character (The only requirement is that she be drop dead gorgeous- tradition and all that...) my NPC's can just disappear. People do that in this show. Suspiciously often... You can be an old hand at Kritiker's doings, a brand new recruit, or anything in between- even a passerby caught up in all this by mistake. You don't have to have a past relationship with other players, working or otherwise (Unless you get your heads together and decide you want to try to screw with mine.); Shine is a brand new team.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Character Sheet<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Code Name: (As you will be working in a bar, I would recommend something alcohol related.)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name: (This will be based in San Francisco, you can be any nationality, born in America or Immigrated or Whatever.)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Age: (I should hope this is self explanatory. Kritiker doesn't pick up idiots. Well, sometimes they do...)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Physical Description: (Kritiker does not keep photos on file, but I'd like a picture along with a physical description because I'm...more...visually oriented...?)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Specialty: (Computers? Reconnaissance? Strategy? Combat? What are you good at? What does Kritiker use you for?) <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weapon: (All Kritiker agents are armed. You may not choose to use a gun in your life, for work or for self defense, but you will have one, and you will keep it loaded.)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psychological Evaluation: (Your Personality. "Psychological Evaluation" just sounds cooler...)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Work History: (How you came to work for Kritiker, and what you do for them- or were doing for them before things went to hell. Your bio, essentially.)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Surviving Relatives: (To be notified if something happens to you. Or... yanno... to possibly be kidnapped by mutant cultists... It happens...)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]By way of Example:<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Code Name: Weiss<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name: Aya Fujimiya<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Age: 26<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Physical Description: 5'6", Japanese, Red Hair, Blue Eyes.
<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
AyaPic.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Specialty: Investigation and execution. He stands out too much to be used in regular undercover work, but for long term assignments (or missions unlikely to leave witnesses) there are few agents more capable. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weapon: Beretta 8000 Cougar; accurate, reliable, a basic, emergency use handgun Aya rarely has use for, and a plain, un-signed shinken katana he prefers.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psychological Evaluation: Aya is a fairly classical "loner"; intelligent, serious, not completely ruthless, but focused. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Work History: Aya has been one of Kritiker’s elite operatives for over nine years. He was originally picked up by Kritiker after the murder of his parents and offered the only two things he felt he had left in life: revenge, and the care and protection of his then comatose younger sister. It is not such an unusual story for Kritiker operatives. If they can't get you by the balls they will have you by the heart. Aya got his revenge, and his sister is safe and recovering well… Kritiker disbanded Weiss once, and Aya coped, but didn’t know quite what to do with himself. You can’t go home again was a very literal problem for him, and he’s not of the opinion people of his circumstance are safe to leave wandering about. He trusts the new director of Kritiker almost implicitly, to do what needs to be done, and to do what ought to be done. A very dangerous combination in someone licensed to kill.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Surviving Relatives: His younger sister, Aya Fujimiya. The real Aya Fujimiya (There are a grand total of maybe ten people alive who know Aya's real name and exactly two who are allowed to use it.), currently still living in Japan under Kritiker's protection. She knows very little about her brother's life, but he keeps close tabs on her.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

Join this dammit I've been hammering kinks out of the plot for weeks...

I'm going to do some research before I make my decision.

No! No, no no, research bad. Research+Knight Hunters potentially scarring for life! For the love of all that's good in the world of anime turn back now!

Heh heh. I couldn't resist! XD

[FONT=&quot]Character Sheet<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Code Name: Martini, but has been shortened to Martin, or Marty for matters of convenience [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Name:
Glaive Illarion[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
Physical Description:
Glaive is 5'11", slender and slightly muscular. He has dark blue eyes and short dark blonde hair, with long bangs that fall over one eye. He prefers clothes that let you breathe, meaning loose clothes such as slacks, buttoned up shirts he can leave open at the neck (and maybe a couple of buttons below that). He's got a tattoo on his left arm of a phrase in Russian that translate to "May God have mercy on your soul" and on his right arm is the rest of the phrase: "For I will not. Farewell."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
TotA___Guy_Cecil_by_SetoKakashiluve.png
[FONT=&quot]
Specialty:
Reconnaissance. Martin is the guy to go to for information. He can tail people, sneak around, you name it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Weapon:
A Taurus PT1911. But his weapon of choice is the set of throwing knives he can whip out at a moment's notice.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Psychological Evaluation: Glaive is a charming man who is friendly and pleasant to be around. He's the kind of guy who could easily sweep your girlfriend or wife off her feet and leave you speechless at the door. (And no, that accent of his, slight roll on his "r's" and sometimes pronouncing the "th's" as "d's" does not help either.) He's the type of guy who does his best to avoid getting into fights, always preferring to talk through things. And if that doesn't work, then and only then, does he get involved.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Work History:
Glaiveis the son of two Russian immigrants who came to America to make a better life for them and their family. They settled in New York City in a district with other Russian immigrants, hence Glaive's accent. The factory closed down and his father took up drinking and gambling which landed his family in a lot of trouble when he couldn't pay the debts off. Glaive and his mother were sold into virtual slavery and his father beaten up so badly the night they were taken that he ended up in the hospital, into a coma, and then died.

Glaive's mother became the plaything of some sadistic druglord who had a thing for young Russian women. Glaive nearly died after attempting to protect his mother from being raped and even after that night, the druglord kept him locked up, only giving him the smallest rations of food and water to keep his mother complacent. Glaive eventually escaped when agents of Kritiker paid the druglord a visit but by then his mother had disappeared and the druglord had long since fled the country. The Russian boy had basically been forgotten.

Now a teen, Glaive assumed his mother was dead and wanted revenge. And the rest as they say, is history. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Surviving Relatives:
If you ask him, his story will change each time. His father is deceased and his mother might also be deceased but there's no way to be sure. Glaive doesn't know it but he has a half-brother from his mother and the druglord who is now head of the Russian mafia in some part of the U.S. or other.[/FONT]

Reactions: 1 person
Kritiker File #AAZ 77549

Subject Clasification: Super Villain
Subject threat level: Imminent Danger
Subject Alias: Dr. Soulstien
Subject Name: Herbert Geranium Freeborn
Subject Age: 38
Physical appearance:
card_madscientist.jpg

Subject's hair has been whitened as a side effect of self-experimentation
and use of brain-altering devices designed to increase perception and unlock the brain's sixth sense.
Subject stands a 5” with a slightly hunched stance and and is almost always attired in a white lab coat and often blackened goggles. He has several thick wires that run from the base of his skull to the base of the neck for unknown purpose.

Subject Preferred Weapon: Dr. Soulstien has never been witnessed to carry a gun, or weapon of any kind, though several operatives have witnessed or experienced 'physiological pain' or a 'buzzing in the head' that at times incapacitates. Or can reportedly cause cerebral hemorrhaging and death.

Subject Psychological Evaluation: Subject displays symptoms of both delusional paranoia and megalomania. He is considered extremely dangerous and unpredictable.

Subject History: Subject firs observed working inside the RozenKreuz Academy, where he experimented attempting to prove the existence of human souls through science. He is known to have both succeeded in transferring a human mind into a robotic machine and powering machines from what he claimed to be the souls of the dead.

Agents report that he focused all his time on his research and often ignored orders and for this was scheduled for execution ex using robots he crated he managed to escape and it is suspected he is continuing his research at an unknown location. All attempts to contact Dr. Soulstien have met with faliure.

Surviving Relatives: Subject has no known surviving relatives.

Yes, *rubs hands together* yes indeed...

Meet Dr. Soulstein (love the name!) your main villain (...not your Final Boss, perhaps, but) the one you're going to be worrying about for a large part of this RP, maybe most of it. Who knows? He doesn't strike me as the sort to go down easily... Or stay down.

Watch you backs, Shine.

[FONT=&quot]Code Name: Molotov[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name: Mikhail Davidovich Portov[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Age: 27[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Physical Description:
img_alpine_35039.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mikhail has unusually small eyes (for anime, consider his eyes normal human sized), and short, brown hair, usually kept hidden under either the ahts depicted or a Ushenka. normally Mikhail wears the Leather cap (thats the one on the left.)
since his facial hair grows rather quickly, Mikhail often has thick brown stubble growing across his chin.
Specialty: Vehicles, specifically armored vehicles and prop aircraft, though Mikhail is deft with many submachineguns, pistols and machine pistols, though his weapon of choice is the 9mm parabellum variant Skorpion machine pistol.[/FONT]
Mikhail is also a good choice for missions in Russia or the former Soviet Bloc, considering he speaks fluent Russian, hungarian, Ukrainian and Polish. (considering arms dealers and contacts in Hungary, Russia, Ukraine and Poland are where he gets his vehicles from, knowing these languages is a nessesity.)
[FONT=&quot]Weapon: 9mm Skorpion Machine pistol, Tokerov 7.62mm pistol. (Mikhail also has an AK74SU, although he leaves that in a safe in his house, and takes it only when absolutely nessisary.)
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Psychological Evaluation: Mikhail is usually calm and collected, although is is easily exiteable and rather fond of drinking. he does not drink whilst on a mission however.
his love for explosives and vehicles make him highly suited to close support of operatives engaging heavy targets.
to Mikhail, a heavily defended target is not a mission, but a challenge, one in a neverending series that must be overcome in order to reach some unknown goal.
on mission he can sime immature, at other times he can seem both intelligent and stoic, though when he drinks he usually gets rather morose and somber, professing his undying hatred for the world and almost everyone in it.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Work History: How Mikhail came to work for Kritiker is classified so that only the director of the organisation can ever find out, and Mikhail swears an oath of silence to each new directorthat he will not reveal that part of his past on pain of death.[/FONT]
In his work with Kritiker, Mikhail has driven Tanks, flown aircraft and heloed countless agents get to where they need to be, though he has never truely fit in, particularly on account of his 'disfigured' eyes.

on one occasion, Mikhail drove through a brick wall and past several heavily armed guards to neutralize a strongpoint that was prooving particularly difficult for the agents assigned to the mission.

on another, he operated the gunnery systems of an AC-130 gunship in order to destroy a target hidden deep within the Afghan mountains.

on his most recent mission, Mikhail flew a group of Agents into Siberia, where they are still infiltrating a Russian Mafia cartel to take out a high value target.
[FONT=&quot]Surviving Relatives: none.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

Okay, working on my character.

Just for the record he is demolitions, since recon has been taken.

A demolitions expert would be incredibly useful, as you having an understanding of architecture and schematical things (I mean, you have to know how it's built to bring it down the way you want it to come down right?) would also make you the go to for breaking an entering as well as those nifty well timed distractions...

All things boomy are yours, commander.

OhmyCRAP I have a team I can work with!

Oh, WMD, for some reason my reply to you didn't get posted... Well, but we've spoken by PM, you know you rock. The coming Mission is going to involve some kind of barge or freighter smuggling hapless folk... (I promise cooler machines will come later.) As the Vehicles expert you think you could come up with some schematics/blueprints/general information on a smuggling frigate? Barge, freight, figate- Am I using any of these words correctly? A boat.

This mission ought to appeal to Alarice's character, I think. If it doesn't horrify him into a coma. It won't be anything too complicated- things will get more...interesting... as we build.

The IC will be up soon; before Kritiker calls you back into action I would like introductory posts. What have you been doing since the lines of communication went down? The mess with Kritiker went down a third of a world away in Japan (as that was where the former Head of Kritiker Affairs was based, and the new Director is also Japanese- this isn't really a plot point as agents are not supposed to know who the director is personally, it's just... the way it is. If I were to change it I would be in a completely different anime.) but agents everywhere were affected. How were you affected?

Just pretty much a day in the life sort of thing, you know the drill. No rush, just a heads up.

8000DWT-Product-Oil-Tanker.jpg

China-built%20oil%20tanker%20for%20Iran.jpg

thats the target vessel shall we say? a smuggling ship disguised as an oil tanker.
VLCC_Schematic%20001.jpg

now, whilst a normal oil tanker has vast oil storage, the smuggling tanker would have a smaller tank that encircles the mains torage space, this each gigantic tank basically has a series of rooms and soforth built inside of it, with an access hatch under the bridge.

our way of entry will be much like Cod4, by helicopter.
this will either be a night Hawk or a Chinook MH-47G.

if we go with the Chinook, we can infiltrate and exfiltrate by Boat (as shown below.)
180px-RHIB-helicopter.jpg

images

and since its an MH-47G, we could also rappell onto the roof of the control tower or the deck.

shit, Mikhail could also porbably hover right over the deck and drop the ramp.

Figuring this thing could do with an infiltrator/combat guy?

Combat! Yes, combat, and also computers, if you know anyone who wants to play a hacker. Currently Aya is in charge(and sort of in charge of combat, I suppose) but he's not going to be around forever. Kritiker's goal is to have a fully rounded team set up.

So yes!

The IC will be up soon.

People smuggling......I can has their souls?

Or at least thats why they're being smuggled?

Okay, here we go...

[FONT=&quot]Code Name: Wild Turkey[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name: Joel Anson Pierce[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Age: 32[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Physical Description:
tonydinozzo.jpg

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Specialty: Demolitions. Joel had high marks at NAVSCOLEOD for both bomb disposal and manufacture.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weapon: SIG P-229 chambered for the .357 Magnum.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psychological Evaluation: Cynical, sarcastic, and a practical joker. He derives pleasure from the misfortune of others, especially if his bombs are involved.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Work History: A former United States Navy Culinary Specialist, Joel submitted a request package during A School and was accepted for Basic Underwater Demolition (BUDs.) He was accepted and went on to attend SEALs/UDT school, surviving and graduating. His record afterward is sealed as per OPNAVINST 7211-015, SEAL [/FONT]OPSEC. All that is known for sure is that he is very good at what he does. Just ask Al Queda informant Ahmed.
[FONT=&quot]Surviving Relatives: Marco Pierce (Father) and Susan Pierce[/FONT] (Mother), both of whom live in Tuttle, Oklahoma. Also has a sister living in New York City, one Leona Jean Pierce. She doesn't talk to Joel due to his decision to enlist.

Questions, comments, bitches, or gripes?

If we do a helo insertion on a ship ask me questions. I'm the one with actual naval experience here.

Approved Macarthy! No gripes or bitches, but one question: Do you already work for Kritiker? Or are you going to be our wild card?

And a warning: your GM is a housewife, please be patient with her she knows how none of this stuff really works (but mein gott you guys are giving me the best ideas...)

IC will be up tomorrow, hopefully- would have been up tonight but I was kidnapped to go watch Star Trek...

OH! And Ghostie: yes you clever thing- the people on the boat are totally meant for you- but I'll explain that in our first mission briefing...