Knight Hunters: Project Shine

I guess make him the wild card. It's only befitting of a SEAL.

This mission ought to appeal to Alarice's character, I think. If it doesn't horrify him into a coma. It won't be anything too complicated- things will get more...interesting... as we build.

He's a big boy, he'll handle it. XD But now my curiousity is most piqued. Russian mafia, here we come!

By the way, I'm too lazy to look this up but ... for how long were lines of communications down for Kritiker agents?

well Carl, some info on the feasability of a Chinook borne assault in the tanker/karge vessel would be most valuable.

im thinking the heli comes in, drops the team and then another comes a a specified time to pick em up.

Depending on how we insert into the Group Three Merchant determines how we get in and out.

If we go for a direct drop then I recommend using an SH-60J Sea Hawk. A fast rope descent down to the deck and a extraction with a rope ladder.

If we go for a boat insertion then we'll want to use something big like the CH-47G Chinook. The big tandem rotor bird drops the boat then drops us and we head alongside the target and ascend using a rope ladder. We'll want someone worth his salt to drive the small boat both to the target and into the back of the Chinook.

Here's the two options in video format:

SH-60B Sea Hawk (Footage from 1991)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mshQa06oUXg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mshQa06oUXg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chinook Boat Recovery
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9XoSzPNAtQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9XoSzPNAtQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The only issue I have with using a small boat is the fact that sea state determines everything. If the waves are too choppy there is a possibility the helo can be swamped and sunk, same with the boat.

I've seen RHIBs in high seas first hand. Poor bastards...

With that in mind I vote for Sea Hawk insertion/extraction.

Man, that shit is so cool.

Code Name: JD, Jack Daniels
Name: Jonathan McGregor
Physical Description:

zn1rmd.jpg

6’0”, black hair, a scar on his left cheek and one across his left eye.

Specialty: Infiltrations and combat. He’s good at not being seen.

Weapon: Whichever it is he’s given, but most often he uses a suppressed USP. 45 tactical, a combat knife, and a M4 SOPMOD carbine, also suppressed. Or whichever gun he is issued, or has to take.

Psychological Evaluation:

Jonathan has been known to have a sardonic outlook on his job, having a lighter take on something which he has been doing for a long time. He has more often than not expressed that he takes joy in what he does, specially the shooting people part. He enjoys smoking cigars before and after missions, a trait he got from a friend of his.

He’s got a dark sense of humor, often making jokes about the people he has to kill.

Work History:

His parents moved to the US from England, and later on Jonathan joined the US Army Rangers as an officer. He joined with Kritiker after having a one-night stand with the woman who would later become his handler, when she found him winning a bar fight with a man much larger than him with relative ease. She was interested, and even more so after having seen his record of fighting in the Rangers.

He soon took a lot of work mostly on his own, but he was more than glad to work on a team when he was put in one. Things became far more professional with his handler as time passed, and a year later Jonathan came in contact with her barely when she had a job for him.

When the organization came down on its own, Jonathan was set up, being hired to kill a man that had nothing to do with them, and would have more than likely put him in jail, or dead. Luckily he and the other assassin managed to escape, both going different ways, Jonathan went to England, and he heard no more of the other assassin.

Recently again he’s been asked to work, though he isn’t too trusting, he is in need of money.

Surviving Relatives: His younger brother, a US Navy pilot. Both their parents, though Jonathan hasn’t contacted either in a very long time.

Communications from Kritiker ended eight months ago, Alarice. It's been a long year for agents...

Commander you are my wild card, you'll be mistaken for a Kritiker operative due in part to faulty information.

Alright, Shine is pretty much full (still accepting pretty much any characters though- ghostie needs a couple henchmen and the team needs a computer technician, for now Aya can fill this role as he's injured anyway. And the job of handler/s is still available despite currant NPCs.)

Dr. Soulstien: Villian

Weiss: Computer Technician
Martini: Reconnaissance
Malotov: Vehicles and Transport
Wild Turkey: Demolitions
Jack Daniels: Infiltration

You will all be cross trained for combat if you need it (it looks like you don't though, that saves time) and will all have a voice in strategy and mission planning.

IC will be up today, provided I can get a moment's peace...

After your introductory posts a Kritiker Handler will be contacting you. Did I say that already? I think I said that already...

in taht case Ryker I say we make like the RAN and use a Sea Hawk.
(did you pick that vid cos it's australian, or was it the first one you saw 8))

Intro posts away everyone, IC is up! Once I know where you are your handler Roulette will contact you, and then we can get right down to fun stuff.

I was thinking the same. I was wreaking my brain trying to think how we could use a helicopter because it would be so cool- but I kept coming back to having to be sneakey about it all and I think a boat would be better.

Wait... A Sea Hawk is a boat right? (awesome videos btw)

the Sea Hawk is a helicopter, much like a black hawk.
the Aussie navy uses Sea Hawks, as the video showed.
8)

...excuse me while I get my finger out of my nose here and go watch them again. It was late! I was watching like five videos at once >_< LeavemealoneI'mstupid.

I will lay out the mission in the IC once we're assembled (which will be a couple days probably, I think I'm in an opposing time zone than a couple of you guys- or at least I seem to always be on at a different time) but things to consider ahead of time:

When you are given a target or targets for assassination (and you aren't, always, some missions are recon and/or retrieval) you are only allowed to kill the specified target or targets- this isn't me, this is Knight Hunters cannon: You kill someone against orders, "you are nothing but a murderer" and dealt with accordingly. Frustrating yes. Impossible, no. Kritiker doesn't often give impossible missions. And the new director is very understanding.

The smuggling ship will be a partial retrieval mission, so you will need to get on and get the information before you take out the targets so that the information you are after does not get destroyed.

....you've got to be shitting me.

so say bad guy X brings a bunch of rapists and murderors to his banner, and we cant kill them to get him.

say we're attacked in a gunfight by these dudes.
we can't defend ourselves? ohcrap.

this puts a serious dent in my support pilot awesome.

but i shall recover.

Yeah well, it's not you who's going to get shot.

No. no. I should have been more specific.

Self defense is a basic: They try to kill you, you are allowed to kill them. It's up to you if you get on the ship and a guard/crewmen offers you a sob story and says he'll help if you let him go. Potential source of useful info, potential stab-you-in-the-back-later.

But if say, you are under orders to obtain information from someplace, and you get the jump on a guard and decide to kill him, just to make things easier, then...well... the plot just gets that much more interesting...

In an episode of the show one kid got mad and went and killed the guy they were investigating- and it turned out the information was false and he wasn't the bad guy. But your characters are all adults. You know better than to trust everything you're told.

You don't have to worry about this the first few missions though, I think. The director just wants to organize a team and make sure they can work together successfully, I'm not going to be sending you on morally complicated missions.

Yet.

This first one pretty much all crew are considered viable targets, because they're all guilty of human trafficking, so have at.

sweet.
i may leave a-----fuck.

was gonna leave a bomb, but then id get the trafficed people as well.

that is.........unless the ships hold is empty!
*smiles hopefully with the full knowledge that such an hope is probably never gonna come true*

No, the cargo hold will be full.

*smile*

But don't worry, there will come a time for bombs... Lost of bombs. And robots. And tanks. And psychic battles you cannot possibly win but are going to anyway.

But for now Kritiker wants secrecy; that ship needs to come into the harbor looking like an angel touched it, one for the unsolved mysteries files.

That way we get further plot, and Ghost gets his souls to bottle...

EDIT!
Oh that was the other thing. I don't know if a helicopter can sneak up on a ship (I know some helicopters make a lot of noise- but I would imagine not all?) if they can't, and you decide to go the helicopter route anyway (because it is made of awesome) you're going to have to be quick about silencing witnesses, while not alerting anyone who would destroy the info we're after-bleh, I'll explain specifics IC- you're smart, it won't be too difficult.

EDIT!
Oh that was the other thing. I don't know if a helicopter can sneak up on a ship (I know some helicopters make a lot of noise- but I would imagine not all?) if they can't, and you decide to go the helicopter route anyway (because it is made of awesome) you're going to have to be quick about silencing witnesses, while not alerting anyone who would destroy the info we're after-bleh, I'll explain specifics IC- you're smart, it won't be too difficult.

Helos used in insertion fly Nap of the Earth.

That is very low to the ground to terrain mask.

I should mention most Group Three's lack search radar which allows a ship to see aircraft. Theirs are mostly navigational radars.

And yes, some helos are made to fly quietly. Rather lots of helos are made to fly silently. Most of them are military models.

Yay, I always wanted to jump out of a helicopter!

I have almost a full notebook filled with tech notes and plot ideas now. Granted it's not a mega huge notebook, but still...

It's not so much a jump as it is a controlled descent.

Fast roping is an art form.

*sigh* No one ever accused you of throwing idioms around, I presume. Though actually I am sure fast roping is an art form.

And I wanted to address a wonderful and very frustrating thing WMD did. His character speaks Russian. Neither I nor the character I play speak Russian. I LOVE this, and it makes me want to bang my head against the keyboard. Feel free, if your character is speaking another language, to use that language. Just, give me a quick summary in the OOC (or, in WMD's case, if it's the *super top secret* in a PM)of what was said in case I want to use it against you later on.

Aya Fujimiya speaks English, Japanese, and probably wishes desperately he didn't speak German. Anything your characters want to keep secret from him you can say in another language. Your current handlers speak (Russian) Japanese, English, and Chinese, and (Roulette) Korean, Japanese, and French- just to warn you if you don't want them evesdropping either.

I speak neither Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or French though, so if your character is speaking in one of these languages (and Aya or one of the handlers is supposed to understand you) Please just say something to the affect of 'he switched to [x-language]' because otherwise I'm going to be spending hours on babel fish.

And if anyone wants to play a handler the role is totally open to hijacking (read: SheWolf desperately doesn't want to have to keep track of three characters)...