Kissing Weirdos

Kissing. That was something people did in relationships. And he thought about it as his gaze turned towards her lips..he'd never kissed a girl before. And the thought made his palms sweaty in nervousness

He chuckled anxiously. "Yea, yea I'm Good." He smiled at her. She had a beautiful smile. "So um, where should we go now? Anywhere in particular?"

"Hmm, I dunno." She had just recently moved there, "Anywhere else you know?"

He smiled. "Yea. I have an idea." He took her by the hand and walked to his car, letting her in. He took a drive to his favorite spot on the boulevard. A place called Redd's cafe. It was talent night.

"What's this?" She asked curiously when they arrived.

"Oh, Redd's? Best cafe in town. Tonight is talent night." He opened his door and got out. Then he went to open hers.

"Hmm, Maybe. If you perform with me." He turned to her with a hopeful and confident smile.

"Oh, we'll I dunno, I'm not good in front of crowds." She said, holding the elbow of one arm with the other hand.

"Well you dont have to. But you can if you change your mind. Im probably going to so if you just want to watch that's okay too." He smiled and offered her his hand.

Dillon smiled back and took his hand, "Thank you." She said barely above a whisper.

As Kyle entered the cafe with Dillon, he was immediately greeted by regulars, including Redd who worked behind the bar. He kept Dillon's hand as he found a table.

Dillon followed him in, he was swarm by people but then found a way out getting to a free table.

As they sat, there was a band already performing. It was house band that Kyle enjoyed listening to. One of the waitresses came and greeted them. "Hey Ky, hows it going? What can I get ya?"
"Hey Liz, I'll take a coffee. Want anything?" He asked Dillon.

Kyle nodded to Liz as she walked away. Then he turned his attention to the beautiful girl in front of him. "So how many brothers do you have?"

"7." She said, she had no sisters or nieces or even cousins, she was the only girl in her family, other than her mother and grandmother.