1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
Invisible and timeless, the lands of Faerie drift across and beyond the world of men. Realms of beauty and terror unthinkable in a world bound by laws of nature, bending to the whims of their immortal masters. Behold, says a Faerie king; my body is the state and the whole of the law. Each kingdom a world unto itself, populated by the favoured servants of the mighty Nobles, passing eternity with vast passions and inscrutable goals.
And when the universe aligns just so, the Fae may ride out from their demesnes to hunt, to feast, to take mortals as pets or warriors or toys.

In the meantime, however, they feud and sport among themselves. The High Courts squabble over ancient grudges, eternal romances, incredible ambitions and insatiable hungers.

To which Court do you belong, and what mark will you leave upon infinity?

===================================================
This would be a game with five to six players, their characters being members of a Fae Court. The players will have to work together to decide the themes and aesthetics of their Court, and their roles within it (a player may be the ruler of their realm, but more likely you will be underlings to an aloof NPC). This will determine allies, rivals, and goals, which the players can then play out as they see fit within the rules.
The system and setting are of my own design, and prior experience with dice or Crucible is an asset but not a necessity. I will be happy to assist at all points in the process of character creation and play.

Fae, in this setting, are powerful entities bound to concepts both abstract and concrete. Beings of pure magical energy, immortal and inhuman - though often broadly comprehensible to human minds. They are divided into a complex web of Courts according to purview. To offer an example:

The High Court of Light is ruled by the Sun-King, and governs the subordinate Houses of Day, Justice, and Wisdom, allied (if dubiously) to the Houses of Dusk and Dawn. In opposition stands the High Court of Dark, ruled by the Night-Queen, who likewise vies for the support of Dusk and Dawn, and governs Night, Mystery, and Madness. These are non-exhaustive lists, but sufficient for our purposes.

Any interested parties?

Found this a bit late, but the concept does very much appeal to my taste. Think I read the Crucible system outline before, I remember it wasn't much of a problem to grasp. Not too sure how promising this is considering the lacking activity, but I'll just show my interest and see if it gets picked up by others later. Cheers.

Still stalking this thread. So, this is a good 'ol interest post and a bumpity-bump.

Reactions: Excession