Kingdoms of Amalur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, I just decided to note my familiarity and interest. Since... well, bored and feeling constructive at the moment.

Hm. I'm trying to think of a story that could fit well with a group or one or two people, just don't want to have some cliche and boring story.

@Gowi: That's fine, you're welcome to join though.

@Edge: Would it help if we all made character sheets first, or would you prefer to come up with a main theme first?

Hmmm. Actually, it might help decide on a plot depending what kind of characters you guys want to be.

Though, I will say that "there is nothing wrong with the cliche/trope, it is all how it is written". Some of my favorite RPs have been "categorically generic".

As for characters, I can think up a variety of sorts. I tend to play rangers/archers a lot recently, though.

@Gowi: I've encountered similar situations, but something original is fun too. I think we'll have to see how things play out.

@Everyone: Well, I'm going to turn in soon, but I can start working on a CS.

I will start to think of a story and a Character, though it will probably be an Ex-Castellan o.o

Though it will be fan-made, we can develop more of the Amalur world. The game was amazing and the story was good, but I felt like there wasn't enough History and all that to learn. Just the basics and legends of the Factions/Cities/Races/Etc.

@Edge: Your original idea was fine. It would be neat to build a character around that.

I could be interested. How much of the lore are we gonna use/go off of?

Well. The RP will probably take place after the Fateless One and Tirnoch. So everything (besides the past) will be made up.

Race: Almain

Name: Alec Rodigger

Appearance: (Picture or Description) Alec stands at 6'4", towering over most people. His body is packed with muscle from years of training and fighting. His face holds a deep scar on his left cheek, going all the way down to his chin (Wasn't wearing a helmet). His hair is a sandy blonde and cropped short to his head, keeping it out of his eyes when in battle. He does have a short beard, trimmed close to his face but his skin isn't visible (So yes a beard, just trimmed close). His eyes are a light blue/grey and overall he is a rugged looking man that fits his position well of a Warrior.

Armor:(What kind of Armor, can be Amalur Armor) Warsworn armor, but on the chest plate holds a red X to symbolize that he is no longer part of the Warsworn.
[spoili]
Warsworn_SET.jpg

[/spoili]

Weapon: Longsword
[spoili]
Primal_Longsword_view.png

[/spoili]

God: (What is their god, or are they an Atheist?) Thyrdon - God of War, Battle and Tactics.

Personality: (Optional) Alec is a hard man to impress, his mind set on every person he meets is nothing more than a piece of coal that just hasn't experienced enough pressure to turn into a diamond. No matter how skilled you are, impressing him is nigh impossible, and getting him to like you is equally hard. He doesn't hate you, but he is a Warrior and Leader, and he has to make sure everyone is equal underneath him. He will not show favorites, and he will not be harsh on someone just because of their race unless they cut up and annoy him. This is how he acts when someone is underneath him in his own Guild, how he acts to Citizens/Strangers/Etc. is completely different.

Outside of his profession, he can be a quiet and imposing man. Most people shy away from him because he looks like he is ready to kill just about anyone and anything that steps in front of him. However, the few brave souls that talk to him actually find out he is nice, full of stories and sharing. Though, that is most of what people know because that is all they know. Finding out more about him and his personality will be a challenge, but not impossible.

History: (This is Optional) I prefer to RP my character and his History, hope you all don't mind.

Faction: Honorbound - A Faction that Alec created after he abandoned the Warsworn. The Warsworn claim to fight for Honor, but they are mercenaries and their is no honor in that, only money. His Faction stands for Amalur and will protect the Country, no matter who is attacking. He will choose the side that is doing the correct thing, or neither side and start a war with both Factions. Problem is, he only has a few Fledglings underneath him but more are flocking to his cause every day.

I have a small plot idea. It doesnt fit much into the group but it will be better than nothing

• Race: Ljosalfar

Name: Maeve

Appearance: Like most Alfar, she has an angular face with sharp features. If a fight didn't recently transpire, her appearance is clean, without a hair out of place or clothing item wrinkled. Her pale blonde (almost white) hair is fastened into a high, single-knot ponytail. Maeve has a lithe build, typical for her race, and is taller than a good portion of human women. Runic markings run down her right cheek bone and extend to her jaw.

Armor: Sorcery Armor Set from Fieriol

Primary Weapon: Scepter

Secondary Weapon: Chakram

• God: Driana, goddess of nature.

Personality: Her demeanor is courtly, a result of noble upbringing. She interacts with people judiciously while keeping a straight face, and is rarely discourteous. Maeve will not allow a person's word to sway her opinion without concrete facts. She scores her interactions with people (as well as activities/objects) by adding positive or negative numbers to their names. This mental scoring stays consistent, as she has an excellent memory. If you commit a misdeed around her, it'll never be forgotten.

Faction: She follows traditional teachings for Ljosalfar from Fieriol. Justicar influence has pushed her to join the Scholia Arcana to obtain any knowledge necessary about the world to make impartial decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Its Finals week so I have been busy, but here is my story idea.

Finals are over with!

That's good. I've been busy this week. A relative passed away, but I should be able to start an RP soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.