Kingdom of Seasons: Arc One; Pirates on the High Seas

Re: Arc One: Pirates on the High Seas

In the form of a opossum, Octorius had an illuminated view of the scene. Men, whos last thought was killing their foe, lay bleeding and dying painful deaths. Several of the fallen were Non-seasonal knights who fought for the same crown as Octorius. It was a gruesome sight indeed, but one that The October knight had seen often. He used his new, highly sensitive, smell receptors to pick up a mix of fear mixed with blood and sweat. Octorius ran behind a near by tree and tried to shake the numbing buzz from his skull, where The Entropy Knight of October had whacked him with his staff.

At one point he saw The November Knight beat off his Entropy knight and then fall to the Ground himself, exhausted. That's when Octorius saw Kami, again using his devastating talent of wind control to smash the enemy back. The vile mercenaries we knocked back, some of them breaking limbs and smashing heads in the process. Then Several clouds of gas appeared, Octorius, as small as he was at the moment, didn't quite see where they were coming from. After a while he saw Kami pull Novarus to safety, then collapse himself.

The October Knight had already started his Shift back into his true human form when he heard Novarus yell for him.

"Octorius!"

Octorius ran to the side of his fellow Knights. The coast was well cleared by Kami so he met no resistance. Helping the Seasons Knights up he realized that taking them both would be too much of a strain. Looking around for aid he spotted another non-seasonal Knight running from the battle.

"Stop! You there, be a man of your crown and help me with these two, We need to get back to camp and regroup." Octorius' head screamed in pain as he yelled his orders at the young Knight.

The knight looked a little shaken, and who could blame him, but this was no time for fear, as a knight you always had to be brave and run head first into danger. With the aid of the other Knight they were able to carry the other seasonal knights to safety. Octorius' head was throbbing from the blow he was delt during battle. When they arrived at the Knights' camp and after setting down the other Knights, October fell to one knee, but never one to show unnecessary pain, he played it off like he was gathering wood for a fire.

Juno had no issues letting the Winter Knights do all the work. He was midships when the call came out about the pirates and he got excited as the cannon fired from both ships. Then Lord December pulled a few fancy moves and the fighting stopped as the ships were frozen together. So he sat back, leaning against the opposite railing from the other ship.

"Just give me a yell if you need us boss, looks like you have it well in hand." Juno called over to December cheerfully.

With everyone now ready to deal with the pirates at hand December took the first steps across the bridge. There he waited for the other knights who would accompany him to board the remains of the wreckage. There was not much left at all, the hull had been cleaved in two, one of the masts had taken severe damage, and the captain’s quarters had already sank below the sea. “I am December, one of the twelve knights who guard the Kingdom of Seasons. You will answer my questions as well as my fellow knights. Stand in line and when we call upon you step forward.” December ordered with his hand on the hilt of his sword. His intimidation seemed to work against this batch. They took the orders well enough so the questioning could begin.

The battlefield was now littered with bodies. The Marsh had once again drank the red blood of members from both sides and turned it tar black. With the Fall Knights safely behind friendly lines, a messenger gave them what he came for. “Ex-excuse me?” He chirped behind Octorius. “A message from the King. He wants a Fall Knight to come back immediately for political discussion and reports from the front lines.” As he noticed the knights acknowledged his message he quickly headed back the other way.

As usual Sero was either slacking off and dreaming of women or slacking off and trying to hook up with women. Tonight however was the former, he was supposed to be at his post but when women is on the mind who can resist?
"Mmmm you can just come on over girl" Sero murmured to himself with a smile while laying pack on some sacks of supplies. His dream women always did want to cooperate, unlike in reality, because well it's not that women didn't like him, it's just December never let it got that far.
Then without warning, a cannon blast went off and gave the ship a slight shake startling Sero and in the following moments causing him to fall awkwardly arms and legs flailing wildly as he shouted "NO I WAS NOT DREAMING OF WOMEN AGAIN!!!" but then he quickly realized no one was around and let out a sigh of relief, that would have been embarrassing.

Soon after Sero realized the ship had stopped rocking and December had already made his way across the ice bridge he created. Trying to be the superior soldier that his image tried to hold he brushed himself off and bolted towards the ice bridge, which was a mistake. He continued running to meet up with December but by the time he reached him he couldn't stop. As he attempted to slow down unsuccessfully he said "Hey Christmas! Sorry I'm late!" as he slid face first into the head of the ship and fell over and the now captives let out a chuckle. "Reporting for duty!" Sero said as he smiled sheepishly, while picking himself up.

The nickname Christmas came about because Sero had read a tale about an old man that didn't enjoy any seasonal activities and this one was in winter, that activity being Christmas, and it had some important lesson to be learned but that was unimportant to Sero. And having the relationship he did with The Knight of December couldn't resist. It was one of those things December told him time and again not to call him on the battlefield but Sero never learned.

"There is little to be said for... your manners, sir." He looks around the room, calm as a lake's surface. Letting out a small sigh, "As much as I would enjoy showing my... not-so-gracious host... the futility of putting mortal soldiers against a mage-knight..."

He nods his head, being interrupted by a yawn. "I will... diplomatically surrender. Though I will advise... against this." He holds his hands in fists in front of him - a mage raising his hands was a threatening posture.

After the guards take his guitar and other items, as well as restrain him, Hydross merely smiles calmly. "Though... you are wrong, sir... you see..." He turns to look at Miles. "There is... a reason... they sent me. I am merely the weakest Knight - to detain me... is no true feat, and no hindrance to their tactics."

He shrugs, "I guess I'll be in Gerosa if you change your mind. When you begin to feel the pressure of the Kingdom of Seasons... I'll be sure to remind my comrades of your inhospitably."

To end it, he looks to one of the guards. "Well? What are you waiting for... take me away... before I change my mind..."

Sua narrowed her eyes at the July Knight. He was thinking about her, no doubt. She walked over to one of the pirates and ran a finger along his chin.
"Aww...you're such an adorable pirate..."
"Th-Thank ya, ma'am.." The man stuttered, Sua's aura calming him and making him increasingly more attracted to her.
"Now...Is there anything that you'd like to tell me? Such as where your Captain is?" She cooed.
"He drowned, miss. He was trapped in the quarters..." He replied, practically drooling.
"Then, you wouldn't happen to know what you were doing out here...Would you?"
"I don't really know, miss. I'm wasn't close to the captain."
Sua looked up at the rest of the men. "So, which of them was?" The pirate pointed toward the one at the right end.

Sero picked himself and looked around "Christmas?" it seemed that in the moment of disaster the Knight of December has disappeared, not that Sero had actually looked very hard for him. December was more then likely interrogating prisoners with February.
"Huh, well since he isn't around to govern me I'll give it a try interrogating these pirates!" Sero said with a cheeky grin. He walked over to one that had a very pointy mustache and beard and said "Hey there! So there something you want to tell me? Aye? You can trust me!!" Sero stated as he smiled and gave him a couple nudges with his elbow, winking all the while.
That February broad has nothing on me Sero thought, "Well besides maybe those womenly things, mmmmm...." he then started dancing around, but suddenly noticed his idiocy.
"I mean uhhhhh yeah tell me pirate! You are our prisoners! Hahaha!!" said Sero as he let out a hearty laugh.
He then glanced over at February and saw that she had success in seducing one of them men for information and his face became red with anger and started to run over in her direction, all the while yelling incomprehensible angry things

Novarus could only hope that the stitches on his back would last the ride back to the capitol. A white line along the back plate of his armour marked where it has been patched and the mud and blood had been scrubbed from every inch.

He mounted his warhorse and waited for him companions. With them only a handful of knights would leave, the rest would hold the border.

"That was the biggest thing we've seen in a while. Three Entropy Knights, scores of men. I do believe the wanted us dead." he said to the other two knights as they rode. That do you think the king will do about this. Only a matter of time before we're facing hundreds of men and a full set of knights."

The October Knight, Having Killed before, was not as shaken as some of the non-seasonal knights. However, he did not blame them, facing the vile mercenaries AND three of the vicious Entropy knights in one night was enough to leave anyone a little jarred. With a roaring fire burning and the Knights recovering, Octorius began cleaning blood and tissue from his sword. He wiped it down, hilt first, working his way down the length of the blade. Keeping his weapon clean was very Important to Octorius. He worked, methodically, almost in a trance when he heard the messenger behind him.

“A message from the King. He wants a Fall Knight to come back immediately for political discussion and reports from the front lines.”

The October Knight nodded at the messenger and looked to see if his Fellow seasonal Knights had heard the information. They had. So with no further hesitation The knights packed up camp and mounted for the ride to the Royal Castle. In was not far from where they were, they would arrive before noon.

As they passed through the bordering lands that would lead to the royal gates, Octorius found himself being drawn back to the battle the night before. His Entropy knight had been injured, but would no doubt be back again. Octorius hated him with a passion and at the same time secretly feared him. His power of sealing was strong and given the right circumstances would be enough to destroy Octorius. He shuttered at the thought, but quickly regained his Composure as the Royal gates appeared in the near distance. They had arrived. Octorius felt his heart jump a little in his chest, as it often did, when he saw the castle that he had sworn to protect.

As February and July made their own small talk on the deck of the ship December had gone in some private quarters with another man. He seemed to be the highest ranking pirate left alive and also, to his advantage, seemed to be low tempered. The man was not used to interrogations by the look of his somewhat shaking body. Whether that was from the cold night or the winter knight remained to be answered. “Tell me, what had you hoped to accomplish by attacking this ship? You barely have enough supplies to attack a small boat let alone a large merchant one.” At that point the greasy, black haired pirate started to laugh. He thought the man had lost it. “What amuses you?”
“Hmm hmm ha ha ha. Don’t you get it? Man I thought you guys were smarter than that. It was so easy to get you to come after us.”
“What do you mean?”
“Heh heh heh, let me break it down for you then. You were supposed to board this boat, you were supposed to leave your station, and you were supposed to leave those Fall Knights all alone.” December was shocked; he had fallen for a trap. The short man was brought to his feet as his collar was balled up.
“What did you do to them?”
“It is not what I did to them, but what my brothers are doing now. They ought to be dead pretty soon, after all they had three Entropy Knights with them. I would not expect to see them or your kingdom soon.” He paused for a moment, there was a feint but audible sound. Once again cannon fire had filled the air. The laughs turned into screams as he chucked him through a hole in the ship. He dashed for the deck and was met with spraying ocean water and the sounds of more cannons being fired. Not only had the shots been focused on the already damaged ship but on the Sylvia as well. He met with February and July who had just finished their interrogations.
“We’ve been had. It was all a trick and now they have us where they want us.” As December said that the cannon fire stopped and the bright moon came out. An entire fleet of pirate ships had surrounded the busted one run by the mercenaries they hired. “If you got any ideas I’d like to hear them.”

(Just FYI I was given permission to hijack Sua for the time being, evidence in attachment)

Sero soon made his way towards Sua as December made his way inside the private quarters. "Hey you!" Sero shouted angrily as his pride was hurt "How did you get them to ta-" at that moment Sua's hand had reached out her arms length as Sero collided with her flat hand, giving him an effective palm strike with little effort at all. Leaving Sero a heap on the ground.
Sua sighed and then said "I will not indulge in your quarrel July" as she let down her arm and turned down towards the man on the right end. In which afterwards Sero quickly got up and continued yelling at her.
"And why is that?!?!" Sero questioned with a temper "Because we are surrounded by the enemy" Sua said calmly. "Surrounded by the enemy? Don't make me lau-" and before he could finish his sentence a cannonball crashed into the sea next to them causing the ship to rock and Sero to lose his balance. "Ack!" Sero shouted as he stumbled. "And since we are surrounded I figured maybe one of these men, preferably the man that was pointed out, might tell me how we are to escape."
Sua faced the man and spoke to him saying "So tell me you manly pirate" Sua said her aura once again overcoming another pirate "How do we escape? You wouldn't want me to get hurt would you?" The pirate shook his head and answered "I'm sorry b..b..but you can't" Sua then realizing that he was telling the truth backed off and sighed.
Seeing how Sua couldn't save the day Sero grinned to himself feeling as if he got some of his pride back.
December then walked out of the private quarters and inquired how they would escape to Sua and Sero.
"Well Sua here" as Sero pointed with his thumb to her "couldn't get anything out of our pirates buddies here and I'm fresh out of ideas." Sero said with a sheepish grin and raised his arms in an 'I don't know' posture.
"Looks like we've been out maneuvered this time Christmas, not much choice but to be captured."

Lady Aurelie, May Knight, estimated she was a day behind her April Brethren. It had seemed prudent to travel apart, unsure as King Mordecai was of Lord Victor's current allegiance. Neither looked the part of Knights, she knew. Aurelie rode side-saddle, her armor bundled away aback the horse carrying her small luggage, her bow and halberd with the magically constructed page boy acting as her squire.

She reigned in her horse and looked to the sky, shielding her eyes from the vanishing sunlight. Aurelie did not know Sir Hydross well, but she knew his magics lay in water; she wondered if the storm beginning to darken the sky was portent of his meeting an ill fate.

A tug on her sleeve pulled her attention back down from the clouds. Her squire, Daavi, her favorite of her pages, pointed to the city gates in the distance, more accurately, the patrol of guardsmen approaching the caravan Aurelie was traveling with. She had chosen a small merchant caravan, and told the overseer she was traveling inland for a matter of her health, as healers often advised.

She was not widely known as one of the so-called 'season Knights', merely the noble Lady Aurelie DuFlorres, if she could get into the city unidentified, the circles she traveled could well lead her to find out what, if anything, had befallen the Knight of April without risking their mission. No doubt Hydross had, or would go the honest, direct route, she knew water, and Aurelie worried how Miles Victor had, or might, respond were he in league with those responsible for the rise in piracy.