2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
#1 Favorite: Comedy

Other Favorites: Fantasy (Urban, Pseudo-Medieval, Science); Anime-ish Genres (Magical Girl, Isekai); Mystery; Slice of Life, VRMMORPG and Dice Roleplays (D&D 5e specifically)

Also Like: Scifi; School; Romance

Don't Want: Horror, Historical or Any of the Punks (Steampunk, Cyberpunk, etc...)

GM Post

• It had been three and a half days since you departed from the island of Sanbarossa, one of the three islands directly controlled by the Greylight Order. Of the three ships that embarked on this journey to fulfill the dream of reclaiming the kingdom's land, yours was the one for those who volunteered to be the vanguard of the expedition, as well as those settlers who would be needed to begin setting up the camp's defenses quickly once you all arrived at the shore. The other two ships, Valor's Gust and Porcupine, were respectively the ship with the most settlers and paladins, including the High Templar of the order himself, and the ship that carried the majority of the mercenary crew, which insisted on bringing a ship of their own.

So far, the trip had been surprisingly swift. The Greylight Order had taken great care in their preparations, including negotiating with less friendly islands to permit passage in their territory, and researching the weather to maximize the time the wind would blow in their favor (as well as bringing some spellcasters, just in case). Although this sea was full of irregular rock formations and waves, making "bumps" an unfortunately common occurrence, it was common practice by now to reinforce the hull of the ship, and of course come prepared for the number of stomachs getting overturned by the ups and downs. Still, the more attentive among you might notice the Reclaimer's crew's behavior changing. The cleaning shifts on the main deck had been abandoned, and pretty much anything kept above deck, including people, was being brought to the interior of the ship. Meanwhile, the paladins of the Greylight order aboard -Martell, Kaleh and Infirus- were occupied with their usual prayer to the god Försil, the founder of the Greylight Order.

"... for we are the links
    that chain the land
    and keep it from falling upon the abyss
    and even the weakest among us shall the bear the weight of mountains
    lest the mountain fall into the abyss with it.
    leaving nothing to remind us of its presence."

They prayed together in silence, then stood up when they finished, hitting their chests twice. The difference in heights was now a lot more apparent: Martell's orange-tinted mane was large, but still barely reached past the shoulder blades of his enormous lion-esque body. By contrast, Kaleh's bowl cut hair only reached about 5 foot 4 or 5 foot 5, and he was rather thin for a paladin, to the point where his bulky armor almost came off as oversized for him. Both of these paladins has large shields with the order's emblem, and a large mace at their waist. Despite appearances though, Kaleh was actually rather talented, and had been chosen to take leadership during the ship's journey.

Kaleh proceed to instruct Martell to go to the captain, who was steering the ship, and requested that Infirus go gather the remaining combatants on the ship.

Once they were all gathered around Kaleh, he attempted to climb a crate that had been left there for him, but another bump from the ship almost caused him to fall off instead. The paladin took a moment to recover his composure, before standing in front rather than on top of the crate.

"Friends, thank you for coming here. Uhm, uh, as you may have noticed, we've gathered the remaining passengers of this ship inside. Fear not: This means we are close to the mainland. It shouldn't be as much as two hours before we arrive on shore. However, this is where our troubles really begin. Although it would appear that the undead simply do not travel very far from the mainland, we are nearly to their territory. You may notice a fog, ahead in our path." The young paladin went to gesture towards the distance in front of the ship, only to realize because he was at the center and surrounded by people, that he had no means to point to what he actually wanted. He quickly rearranged his position, and continued as though pretending there was no blunder. "Uh, scouting vessels have reported the presence of ghosts haunting that area. A mere touch from them can decay and corrupt your flesh. It shouldn't kill you immediately, but well, that wouldn't be unheard of either. Even after we get through those, there might be undead at the shore itself that we will have to deal with before disembarking, but one problem at a time, as they say."

The paladin gave a sheepish smile.

"A-anyway, the high templar instructed one of the paladins aboard each ship to cast a protective ritual in it. The reach of the ritual isn't great, however, and it only lasts for a while, but it should be able to keep the people on the inner part of the ship safe from the ghosts. I will need a few minutes to cast the ritual however. My fellow paladin, Martell, was instructed to personally guard the captain, so I'm entrusting you to keep the deck of the ship safe until I return. If you have anything you need to ask, please do so now. Otherwise, you're free to go. Just remember to keep an eye out for pirates. Unlikely though it may be, we should still remain vigilant, I think."

@ERode

Last edited:
It had been a measure of simply readjusting his body in the end. A bit of tweaking, a couple alterations, and Atano Miel spent his three days aboard the Reclaimer comfortably, enjoying the sea breeze while men and women of lesser stock kept themselves busy with feeding the guppies in the waves below. Booze was to be rationed of course, and the presence of the Greylight Order meant that other excesses couldn’t be enjoyed without reprimand. Understandable in some ways, but disappointing in some others. Certainly, the Changeling wasn’t expecting half of the people here to be alive to see the sun rise over the next season, but the gloomy grimness of it all was unpalatable. At least someone brought a deck of cards to kill the time with. He hadn’t made any money off those games of course, not when that horned bastard was 100% a seasoned cardshark, but Atano was fine with surrendering some coinage. Games of chance didn’t have the same edge without something being put on the line, even if that ‘thing’ was going to be worthless very soon.

After all, it was only in polite society that gold could be exchange for goods and services. Out in the mainland though, with an order of lawkeepers bound to be more troubled by the hordes of undead than by troublemakers in the camps, the value of gold, compared to the value of good food and a soft bed, was simply…inconsequential.

His gray eyes, one studded with a bright red, swept the deck where the adventurers awaited Kaleh’s address, assessing those he could ignore, those he could party with, and those he’d have to watch out for. That fighter chick caught his eyes briefly. Not a bad face, shapely and symmetrical, but ruined by the fact that she looked like she was already one step away from death. Poor girl was probably gonna be the first to go. That is, of course, if Kaleh didn’t beat her to it.

“Aye,” Atano spoke up from his position seated cross-legged on a crate, “a moment of your time, good paladin. If we are assailed by roughshod seamen intent on plundering the Reclaimer, are we to prevent them simply from entering inside? Or is a more…proactive attitude the preference here, even if it means negating the efforts you’ll be going through to casting a ghost-warding ritual?”

It was honestly a bit amusing to begin with, the idea that pirates would be active this close to the cursed lands, especially when most other merchant vessels would have wished avoid having to near the continent as much as possible, but, well, perhaps there was a paladin or two in every pirate crew as well. That brought a smirk to Atano’s face.

A smirk that disappeared when that deathly woman spoke up, her voice as smooth and bitter as black oil.

“Such worry over the details, princeling. I’m sure there’s more than enough space inside that crate for you to hide in,” she said, as she began to run a whetstone against her axe’s edge. “Kal, tell me. If we do get, say, withered away by one of those nasty little ghosts, what’ll your order do for us? Toss us overboard? Bury us in cursed lands?” Her own smile was far less merry as she leaned her cheek against the back of her hand. “Or are we gonna be jerky for the lean months?”

Last edited:
Reactions: Idea
  • -Interacting With: @Idea (Kaleh)
    -Mentions: N/A
    -May Also Want to Read: N/A

Hope

Lvl 2 Blood Hunter/ Lvl 1 Rogue

Proficiency Bonus: +2 | Armor Class: 16
    Hit Points: 21 | Hit Dice: 2d10+1d8
    Initiative: +4 | Speed: 30 Ft / 30 Ft (Flying)
    Passive Perception: -2 | SpellCasting Ability: N/A
    Spellsave DC: N/A | Spell Attack Bonus: N/A
    Blood Maledict Uses Left: 1/1

I could feel the breeze flowing around my wings, as I soared above the ship. They glinted with the sunlight seeping through the gaps in my wing's plume. It wasn't the best flight in my days, the armor though not overly extensive was still a little stiffening, and the salty sea breeze was, even at this distance, already feeling tainted by the land we were approaching. Truth be told, I was growing rather tired of waiting: It had already been three and a half days, and yet we still had not arrived! Up ahead was my task, the reason for me to be, how could I wait so for the chance to drive my blades through those corpses, and finally grant them the rest they ought to have had from the start?

I looked down to ensure I wasn't going out of sync with the ship's pace, and noticed that people were beginning to gather around one of the paladins. It could be something important. The ship WAS growing pretty close to that smoke huge smoke cloud after all. I took an unpleasant breath, closed my eyes and flipped upside down, landing soon after near the rest of the gathered crowd.

Finally! It would seem we were approaching undead. They were ghosts, and a dangerous kind at that, as they could cause decay with a touch. Still, there were means of dealing with ghosts as well. From what I knew, even a common sword could with shoo one away with enough persistence. Perhaps there was something to them I was not aware of, however.

"Ought we not to merely slayeth these foul spirits? If it be true they are a threat, rather than awaiting a deadly touch, wouldst it not beest more effecacious to dealeth with the entity itself instead of hoping to evade it?" I inquired with a stern glare and a light waving of a sword. "Besides, whilst I flew above our vessel, I bore witness to no more than our trio of ships. It would appear there art no threat from pirates in sight, and thus no need to guard us against them."

Skills
    Saving Throws:
    Strength: 0
    Dexterity: +6
    Constitution: 0
    Intelligence: +6
    Wisdom: -2
    Charisma: -2

Skills:
    Acrobatics: +6
    Animal Handling: -2
    Arcana: +4
    Athletics: 0
    Deception: -2
    History: +4
    Insight: -2
    Intimidation: -2
    Investigation: +8
    Medicine: -2
    Nature: +4
    Perception: -2
    Performance: -2
    Persuasion: 0
    Religion: +4
    Sleight of Hand: +6
    Stealth: +8
    Survival: 0
    Spells
    1st Level
    *Detect Magic (Ritual Only) (Pseudo-Celestial)
    Items
    Equipped:
    *Studded Leather (45 GP)
    *Short-Sword x2 (20 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    1 SP
    6 CP

Carrying:
    *Dagger x2 (4 GP)
    *Spear (1 GP)
    *Thieve's Tools (25 GP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Rations x10 (5 GP)
    *Bedroll (1 GP)
    *Candle x5 (5 CP)
    *Torch x5 (5 CP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Tinderbox (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:
    *Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 90 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light.

*Nimble Flight: Thanks to your wings, you have a flying speed equal to your walking speed. When you fall, you can use your reaction to make a Dexterity saving throw (DC 10) to stop falling and fly in place until the start of your next turn.

*Magic Sight: Your keen senses can focus to see the presence of magic. You gain the ability to cast the Detect Magic spell, but only as a ritual. Your spellcasting ability for this spell is your choice of Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma. You can also cast this spell normally with any spell slots you have.

*Hunter's Bane: Beginning at 1st level, you have survived the Hunter’s Bane, a dangerous, long-guarded ritual that alters your life’s blood, forever binding you to the darkness and honing your senses against it. You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track fey, fiends, or undead, as well as on Intelligence ability checks to recall information about them.

The Hunter’s Bane also empowers your body to control and shape hemocraft magic, using your own blood and life essence to fuel your abilities. Some of your features require your target to make a saving throw to resist the feature’s effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows:

Hemocraft save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier.

*Two Weapon Fighting: When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.

*Thieve's Cant: During your rogue training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

*Semblance of Legend: For one reason or another, your behavior, magic, skills or simply your appearance resemble those of a commonly known figure or species that holds deep significance for people. Depending on what you look like, you may be more likely to receive trust, shelter or your lead could be taken more readily, at a first impression, or perhaps you inspire fear or reverence instead. While this first impression may hold significant sway, remember that your behavior and capabilities afterwards may shift that impression. (In this case, she resembles an angel)

Extra Actions:
    *Sneak Attack Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.

You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.

*Blood Curse of Exposure: When a creature you can see within 30 feet is hit with an attack or spell, you can use your reaction to temporarily weaken their resilience against it. Until the end of the turn, the target loses their resistance to the damage types of the triggering attack or spell.

Amplify. The target instead loses invulnerability to the damage types of the triggering attack or spell, having resistance to them until the end of the turn. (hile invoking a blood curse, but before it affects the target, you can choose to amplify the curse by losing a number of hit points equal to one roll of your hemocraft die, as shown in the Hemocraft Die column of the Blood Hunter table.)

*Crimson Rite: At 2nd level, you learn to invoke a rite of hemocraft within your weapon at the cost of your own vitality. Choose one rite from the Primal Rites list below to learn.

As a bonus action, you activate a crimson rite on a single weapon with the elemental energy of a known rite of your choice that lasts until you finish a short or long rest, or if you aren’t holding the weapon at the end of your turn. When you activate a rite, you lose a number of hit points equal to one roll of your hemocraft die, as shown in the Hemocraft Die column of the Blood Hunter table.

While active, attacks from this weapon deal an additional 1d4 damage of the chosen rite’s type. This damage is magical, and increases as you gain levels as a blood hunter, as shown in the Hemocraft Die column of the Blood Hunter table. A weapon can only hold a single active rite at a time.

You learn an additional Primal Rite of your choice at 7th level, and choose an Esoteric Rite to learn at 14th level. (Chosen: Rite of the Flame)

• -Interacting With: @Idea (Hope) @ERode

Infirus Silversap

Lvl 2 Paladin / Lvl 1 Wizard

Hit Points: 17/17 | Hit Dice: 2d10+1d6 / 2d10+1d6
    Initiative: -1 | Speed: 30ft
    Passive Perception: 11 | Spellcasting Ability: Cha/Wiz
    Spellsave DC: 14 / 14 | Spell Attack Bonus: +6 / +6
    Healing Hands Uses Left: 1/1
    Radiant Consumption Uses Left: 1/1
    Divine Senses Uses Left: 5/5
    Lay On Hands Hitpoints Left: 10/10
    Arcane Recovery Uses Left: 1/1

I simply nodded along as my coworker explained what our tasks would be. Not that there was much for me to learn from it- I had already been briefed on the plan after all. As such, I had already brought Boo to safety before the prayer and now my task would simply to ensure things went according to plan. It might prove easier said than done, however: Despite having volunteered to be the vanguard, same as I and the rest of the crew on this ship, they seemed rather apreehensive about the coming danger. Even Hope, who had come from the Greylight Order as well, was acting in such a disrespectful manner. Surely they realized they had signed up to go to the mainland, a continent crawling end to end with undead?

No, no, I'm sure they were just nervous. It's easy to be brave when you just have to say it, but anyone sane would regret their choice to come to danger at least a little bit once they see that mass of spears and readied blades in the distance. If no part of you feared death at least a little bit, that would be far more worrisome. My somewhat rusty armor of white plate rattled as I stepped forward and raised a hand to speak.

"Fear not- the odds of there being any actual pirates in the area are close to none, and we are warning you of the ghosts precisely so you don't come in contact with them. I understand maybe you would not trust us so easily- and I surely hope that will change- but maybe it will help to think we'd much rather have all of our allies alive and well once we arrive at the shore rather than losing them midway there?"

I felt saying more than that might be stepping out of line, so I silenced myself to allow the the other paladin to speak. I looked behind to the wooden wall to ensure my short red cape wouldn't get stuck on anything, and put my shield on the ground before leaning back on said wall and adjusting my helmet a bit.

Skills
    Saving Throws:
    Strength: +2
    Dexterity: -1
    Intelligence: +4
    Wisdom: +3
    Charisma: +4

Skills:
    Acrobatics: -1
    Animal Handling: +1
    Athletics: +4
    Deception:
    Insight: +3
    Intimidation: +6
    Investigation: +4
    Medicine: +1
    Perception: +1
    Performance: +4
    Persuasion: +4
    Sleight of Hand: -1
    Stealth: -1
    Survival: +1
    Spells
    Cantrip
    *Light (Aasimar)
    *Toll the Dead (Wizard)
    *Prestidigitation (Wizard)
    *Mage Hand (Wizard)

First Level
    *Find Familiar (Ritual) (Wizard) [Prepared]
    *Comprehend Languages (Ritual) (Wizard) [Prepared]
    *Healing Elixir (Wizard) [Prepared]
    *Silent Image (Wizard) [Prepared]
    *Puppet (Wizard) [Prepared]
    *Compelled Duel (Paladin)
    *Bless (Paladin)
    *Command (Paladin)
    *Shield of Faith (Paladin)
    *Protection From Evil and Good (Paladin)

Items
    Equipped:
    *Long-Sword (15 GP)
    *Cursed Plate Armor (Reflavored Ring Mail) (30 GP)
    *Shield (10 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    7 GP
    4 SP
    2 CP

Carrying:
    *Spear x2 (2 GP)
    *Spellbook (50 GP)
    *Amulet (5 GP)
    *Crystal (10 GP)
    *Mess Kit (2 SP)
    *Robes (1 GP)
    *Hammer (1 GP)
    *Candle x10 (1 SP)
    *Rations x21 (10 GP | 5 SP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Chalk x4 (4 CP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Healer's Kit (5 GP)
    *Common Clothes (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:
    *Darkvision: Blessed with a radiant soul, your vision can easily cut through darkness. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

*Celestial Radiance: You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage.

*Military Rank: You have a military rank from your career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized.

Extra Actions:
    *Healing Hands: As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

*Radiant Consumption: Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing a searing light to radiate from you, pour out of your eyes and mouth, and threaten to char you.
    Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, you shed bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet, and at the end of each of your turns, you and each creature within 10 feet of you take radiant damage equal to half your level (rounded up). In addition, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals your level.
    Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

*Divine Sense: The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the Hallow spell.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

*Lay on Hands: Your blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level x 5.

As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.

Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.

This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.

*Interception: When a creature you can see hits a target, other than you, within 5 feet of you with an attack, you can use your reaction to reduce the damage the target takes by 1d10 + your proficiency bonus (to a minimum of 0 damage). You must be wielding a shield or a simple or martial weapon to use this reaction.

*Divine Smite: Starting at 2nd level, when you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon's damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend, to a maximum of 6d8.

*Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Last edited:
GM Post

• "It is pretty much as my senior said. We wish your cooperation and thus your well being as well. Ideally, we'd cover the whole ship with the ritual, but not even the high templar has managed such a feat yet. However, as unlikely as the threat of pirates may be, and as much of a danger as one might be exposed to with the ghosts, we simply cannot risk the non-combatants being hurt. They would not be able to withstand it, and the entire operation could be jeopardized as a result."

Kaleh gave an apologetic nod, then took a deep breath and continued answering the questions / concerns.

"It's natural not to see any vessels, as these pirates do not require them. The few that have been reported in this place were a band of merfolk, they would emerge from the water and attack smuggler ships trying to get supplies to allied islands without entering hostile territory. Should they board or even attempt to get into the vessel, you must get rid of them, one way or another. However, unless the situation gets that desperate, you musn't compromise our goal: The ritual must go undisturbed. Fortunately, we did take measures to ensure the ritual will not be disturbed by the waves or bumps, so it would take something drastic to actually be able to disturb the ritual without getting into the ship's interior."

He turned to Sulain next.

"The plan is for us to use our blessings to assist in your recovery, even if you should come in contact with one of the ghosts by some misfortune. Should the worst come to pass though, you will given a proper and deep burial. The last thing we would want is more undead in our hands."

Finally, it was Hope's turn.

"Mundane weapons simply do not work on these spirits. They are too ephemeral, more like a gust of wind or a puff of smoke, to cut their form is meaningless. However, it may be possible to defeat some through magical means." Kaleh look around, and took another deep breath. "Now then, I think I used up about as much time as I'm allowed. I'm afraid I have to go now and begin the ritual. Thank you, and good luck. May Försil's guidance be with you."

Having said that, the paladin went past the door behind him and closed it, before heading down to where the remaining passengers were gathered together.

@ERode

Sulain stared at the winged woman as she spoke up, a derisive frown forming on her face, her lower jaw jutting out. There were undoubtedly a lot of people who thought they were smooth talkers, huh? Inflecting the language of the aristocracy, when they were headed off into the one ‘island’ that cared not for their titles. Even the rustbucket had much to say, and when his statement of how there were almost no chance of pirates showing up was immediately negated by Kaleth’s own explanation of how mermaids lurked beneath the waves, well, it certainly didn’t promise much. Ghosts in the air, and monsters in the waters. A deep grave if you die, and no promise of future success if you survive the present encounter.

The pale woman felt her arm twitch voluntarily, the prodding of the parasite-god infecting her body and mind, reminding her of the power that her ‘faith’ granted her. Power enough to sunder what could not be cut to pieces by her battleaxe. But there were three paladins and a small army of mercenaries aboard. And she had no interest in accruing any debt this early.

Get used to it, and every problem starts getting solved by it.

Sulain nodded as Kaleth departed, before her gaze fell upon her left hand. Slowly, she closed each finger one by one until it formed a fist. Her brow furrowed further, and with a swift move, she clenched that fist as tightly as she could, feeling the exertion of her tendons and the tightening of her muscles. In the next second, she released, and her frown deepened. Her condition didn’t feel too good today. Must’ve been the shitty meals or the lack of sun, or neither. Bad days could just happen out of the blue as well. Greedy little leech. Sulain leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes, listening to the murmurs of conversation and the muted crash of waves against a reinforced hull.

“Oh my,” came the annoying voice of that princeling, “if those ghosts are so uniquely dangerous as to be immune to sharpened steel, perhaps I’ll take up your advice after all, pale lady!” It was accompanied by a mocking laugh, as if the group’s success or failure was of no concern to him.

Opening one eye, she considered her options briefly, before simply responding with a smile and a wave of her middle finger. If the brat hid himself in a crate, she’d be the first one to fling it overboard.

His attention seemed to shift from her easily enough though, and in profile, it became obvious what had distracted him. The winged girl. Of course. Conventionally beautiful with physical traits that suggested a deep relationship with the gods. With romance budding in the air and all that nonsense, Sulain strode off from her place by the wall and headed the side of the ship. Ghosts were going to be a problem she didn’t want to solve, so it would be easier to occupy herself with watching the waves instead.

From behind her, the princeling began his introductions to the winged maiden. “A bit misfortunate that this serves as the backdrop of our first meeting, no? My name’s Atano Miel, a humble adventurer with no particular skill with blade and spell. Those wings though, I must ask…have you been sent by a god to oversee our cause? You certainly do have the bearing of one sculpted from divine inspiration, after all.”

Urgh. Sulain was going to fucking hurl again.

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Reactions: Idea
  • -Interacting With: @ERode (Atano)

Hope

Hit Points: 21 | Hit Dice: 2d10+1d8

"I seeth, and thanketh thee for thine informative words. Do proceed, paladin, with thine duties, and I shalt proceed with mine." I nodded vehemently To Kaleh. After watching him leave, I made some space between myself and the rest of the recruits there, but before I could take flight once more, one of them approached me. I turned back around to him, and his rather friendly and respectful greeting. There was something he mentioned that worried me, but first I ought to respect the formalities as well. "Our meeting is not in such an "unfortunate backdrop". What greater fortune could there be, than the chance to fulfill my mission?"

I smiled a bit, proudly, before dropping that smile again.

"The name I hast been given, and by which thou may address me, is Hope. Indeed, I have been attributed the qualities thou speakest of by many, yet, unfortunately, mine answer to thine question shalt be as vague as mine own knowledge of it is: I do not myself know in total, though the Greylight Order claims I was summoned by a miracle from the deity they worship, Försil. Now, if thine questions art complete, I possess one of mine own: When thou sayeth that thou art neither skilled with sword nor spell, why art though amongst the combatants? Our duty art to protect and fight. If though art incapable of it, wherefore art though not amongst the rest in the inner of the ship? Surely thine intent shant be to, as though declareth earlier, hide within a crate?" I slowly raised my hand, and pointed at the other interlocutor. "What shalt be thine contribution?"

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Spells
    1st Level
    Items
    Equipped:
    *Studded Leather (45 GP)
    *Short-Sword x2 (20 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    1 SP
    6 CP

Carrying:
    *Dagger x2 (4 GP)
    *Spear (1 GP)
    *Thieve's Tools (25 GP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Rations x10 (5 GP)
    *Bedroll (1 GP)
    *Candle x5 (5 CP)
    *Torch x5 (5 CP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Tinderbox (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:
    *Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 90 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light.

*Nimble Flight: Thanks to your wings, you have a flying speed equal to your walking speed. When you fall, you can use your reaction to make a Dexterity saving throw (DC 10) to stop falling and fly in place until the start of your next turn.

*Magic Sight: Your keen senses can focus to see the presence of magic. You gain the ability to cast the Detect Magic spell, but only as a ritual. Your spellcasting ability for this spell is your choice of Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma. You can also cast this spell normally with any spell slots you have.

*Hunter's Bane: Beginning at 1st level, you have survived the Hunter’s Bane, a dangerous, long-guarded ritual that alters your life’s blood, forever binding you to the darkness and honing your senses against it. You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track fey, fiends, or undead, as well as on Intelligence ability checks to recall information about them.

The Hunter’s Bane also empowers your body to control and shape hemocraft magic, using your own blood and life essence to fuel your abilities. Some of your features require your target to make a saving throw to resist the feature’s effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows:

*Two Weapon Fighting: When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.

*Thieve's Cant: During your rogue training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

*Semblance of Legend: For one reason or another, your behavior, magic, skills or simply your appearance resemble those of a commonly known figure or species that holds deep significance for people. Depending on what you look like, you may be more likely to receive trust, shelter or your lead could be taken more readily, at a first impression, or perhaps you inspire fear or reverence instead. While this first impression may hold significant sway, remember that your behavior and capabilities afterwards may shift that impression. (In this case, she resembles an angel)

Extra Actions:
    *Sneak Attack Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.

You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.

*Blood Curse of Exposure: When a creature you can see within 30 feet is hit with an attack or spell, you can use your reaction to temporarily weaken their resilience against it. Until the end of the turn, the target loses their resistance to the damage types of the triggering attack or spell.

Amplify. The target instead loses invulnerability to the damage types of the triggering attack or spell, having resistance to them until the end of the turn. (hile invoking a blood curse, but before it affects the target, you can choose to amplify the curse by losing a number of hit points equal to one roll of your hemocraft die, as shown in the Hemocraft Die column of the Blood Hunter table.)

*Crimson Rite: At 2nd level, you learn to invoke a rite of hemocraft within your weapon at the cost of your own vitality. Choose one rite from the Primal Rites list below to learn.

As a bonus action, you activate a crimson rite on a single weapon with the elemental energy of a known rite of your choice that lasts until you finish a short or long rest, or if you aren’t holding the weapon at the end of your turn. When you activate a rite, you lose a number of hit points equal to one roll of your hemocraft die, as shown in the Hemocraft Die column of the Blood Hunter table.

While active, attacks from this weapon deal an additional 1d4 damage of the chosen rite’s type. This damage is magical, and increases as you gain levels as a blood hunter, as shown in the Hemocraft Die column of the Blood Hunter table. A weapon can only hold a single active rite at a time.

You learn an additional Primal Rite of your choice at 7th level, and choose an Esoteric Rite to learn at 14th level. (Chosen: Rite of the Flame)

• -Interacting With: @ERode (Sulain)
    -Mentions: @Idea (Hope) @ERode (Atano)

Infirus Silversap

After Martell and Kaleh had left, my gaze found itself drawn to that woman in a dark outfit, and an extremely pale complexion by contrast. If not for my experience with undead, I might have presumed her to be one herself. She had yet to say anything since her question got answered, instead leaning her forehead on a wall. Then, after a quick exchange in which it became clear she didn't quite get along with that more refined boy (was he rich, or perhaps just well-trained for polite society?), she walked away from him. We were meant to be working together, yet even in such a situation we were already falling apart. We needed to stand united here! The well-speaking boy went to talk to Hope, so at least those two might be able to pair up. Which meant it fell on my shoulders to deal with that lady. I pushed myself off the wall in a swift motion, then headed to her.

"Excuse me!" I called out to her, with an arm somewhat raised. "Are you alright? Is there something I can assist you with or get for you? Are you feeling sick perhaps?"

Part of me wished to offer to use my magic to aid her- more than once I had cured diseases and curses alike in the service of the Greylight order after all- but it was something to use sparingly, I was told. Everyone would desire it otherwise, and we had few regardless. We could barely afford to spend them given we might come across times of need at any time, let alone could we ever dream of providing such cures to everyone, though it pained me that such was the case. Reality, as law, is simply something to accept, not a river worth swimming upstream, as my wife used to say.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Deception:
    Spells
    Cantrip
    *Light (Aasimar)
    *Toll the Dead (Wizard)
    *Mage Hand (Wizard)

First Level
    *Bless (Paladin)
    *Command (Paladin)

Items
    Equipped:
    *Long-Sword (15 GP)
    *Shield (10 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    7 GP
    4 SP
    2 CP

Carrying:
    *Spear x2 (2 GP)
    *Spellbook (50 GP)
    *Amulet (5 GP)
    *Crystal (10 GP)
    *Mess Kit (2 SP)
    *Robes (1 GP)
    *Hammer (1 GP)
    *Candle x10 (1 SP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Chalk x4 (4 CP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Healer's Kit (5 GP)
    *Common Clothes (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:
    *Darkvision: Blessed with a radiant soul, your vision can easily cut through darkness. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

*Military Rank: You have a military rank from your career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized.

Extra Actions:
    *Healing Hands: As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

*Radiant Consumption: Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing a searing light to radiate from you, pour out of your eyes and mouth, and threaten to char you.
    Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, you shed bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet, and at the end of each of your turns, you and each creature within 10 feet of you take radiant damage equal to half your level (rounded up). In addition, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals your level.

*Divine Sense: The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the Hallow spell.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

*Lay on Hands: Your blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level x 5.

As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.

Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.

*Interception: When a creature you can see hits a target, other than you, within 5 feet of you with an attack, you can use your reaction to reduce the damage the target takes by 1d10 + your proficiency bonus (to a minimum of 0 damage). You must be wielding a shield or a simple or martial weapon to use this reaction.

*Divine Smite: Starting at 2nd level, when you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon's damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend, to a maximum of 6d8.

*Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

GM Post

• Sulain, as you approach the edge of the ship, and lean over to loose yourself into the sight and sound of the sea, in your effort to distance yourself from your worries, you notice that certain uncomforting, unharmonious sounds are mixed with in with the gentle, rhythmic waves. Through the corner of your eye, you notice a figure plastered onto the side of the ship, one distorted, grotesque, and yet expected. This figure had fish-like fins in their arms, legs and torso, and their blue skin was mixed with scales of the same coloration. It was look distinct of the merfolk, but this wasn't just your run-of-the-mill merfolk, as even setting aside his saber, that net on his back or the ragged and ripped clothes he wore, about half of his body was missing, and rotting flesh or simply a skeletal remain, such as an exposed part of the skull with coral reef growing from it, or ribs with no other piece of that half of the torso, was in its place.

As you look below, you notice even more of the undead already on the side of the ship, almost midway through, four of them. It wouldn't be surprising if there were even more on the other sides of the ship, crawling up like insects on a wall. They seem to be using whatever they can- weapons, pieces of broken, sometimes semi-rotten, wood, or even their own broken bones to attach themselves to the ship as they climb.

->Sulain gets a free round of combat before the undead can reach the deck.
    After that, everyone rolls initiative.<-

Ah, a zealot. Atano raised his brows slightly at the woman’s own interpretation of their circumstances, briefly wondering if she had taken anything like a vow of chastity as well. “Well,” he laughed, “as rife for glory as our work is, finer circumstances would be more akin to, say, a luxurious banquet as we celebrate the liberation of Thunderfalls from the undead menace, no?”

Such a lighthearted jest, however, didn’t get the response the Changeling wanted. Made sense though, when she brought up the previous concerns about his own combat capabilities. Atano brushed a strand of blonde hair out of his eyes and turned in the direction of the continent they were sailing towards. The wind was swift and damp, ominous in its unpleasantness. He let out a sigh, dropping his smile but not the mirthfulness in his eyes.

“It’s just a matter of compatibility, Hope,” he said. “You’ve heard what Kal said, right? Mundane weapons are meaningless? Flesh withers at a touch? I’m an artist of evasion, and while there are…means I can employ to handle ruffians and beasts, when up against a ghost? I’d rather not allow arrogance to add to the body count and just find myself a comfy crate to settle in.” Atano shrugged, his hands turning palm-up. “If it’s a swarm of ghosts, and ghosts alone, I do believe it’s expedient that all iron-swinging warriors find themselves crates to hide in.”

Something changed in the air. Something foul. Something unpleasant. His eyes narrowed into slits, and his mouth turned up into a pleasant, warm, genuine, truthful, charming, beautiful smile.

“If it’s flesh and bone that we contend with, however, I’m more than willing to impress you.”

And in that moment, Sulain looked over to the side of the ship and groaned, not out of illness or exhaustion, but because the mermaid pirates were dumbasses after all. Fishbrained criminals thinking that it was safe to hunt in the same waters that ghosts inhabited. What, did they think ghosts couldn’t float beneath the waves too? Turning around, she sucked in a breath, only for her throat to catch on something and cause her to cough out instead. The pale woman grunted, shaking her head, before rasping towards that ol’ rustbucket paladin, “Shout for me. Undead climbing the sides. Four and more. Push them off and shoot them down.”

As if to demonstrate, she swung up the heavy crossbow from her belt, propped it up against the ship’s railing, pulled back the string and slotted in a bolt, before taking a breath. The first shot always set the tone. Would they hold both initiative and momentum, or would they just embarrass themselves? Sulain’s brow furrowed, her breathing stopped, and she pressed the trigger.

In a space between heart beats, the bolt sprung from the crossbow and drove itself into the shoulder of the closest zombie. She smiled sweetly at the dumb, cursed thing, before gathering up the phlegm in her throat and spitting at it. Tragically, that didn’t hit.

GM Post

• The creature shook for a second from the impact of the projectile hitting its shoulder, but proceeded to climb as though it had been a mere strong gust of wind. If anything, it and the rest of the zombies were climbing even more furiously now, practically ramming their arms and teeth onto the side of the ship in their effort to reach the top. They were far faster than anyone could have expected, especially as rather than climbing all the way through, many of the zombies simply lept the final bit straight onto the deck of the ship.

The closest undead to Sulain wasted no time. With one of its eyes dangling back from the momentum, it used the very leap onto the ship to propel its scimitar forward towards the cleric's stomach. Already expecting battle, Infirus had a shield close enough to draw and in the same swift motion, push aside the blade of the undead, which hit the cleric's shoulder instead, mirroing her earlier shot against the other creature. The remaining undead were now at the edge of both sides of the ship, four in each side, readying their weapons to strike at any that came close.

Screenshot (42).png

@ERode

Positions (each square has four positions of dimensions 5 by 5 [the square itself has is 10 by 10], NW (Northwest) NE (Northeast) SW (Southwest) and SE (Southeast), each position can have 1 creature)
-Pirate Corpse 1: F8 NW
-Pirate Corpse 2: F10 NW
-Pirate Corpse 3: F11 NE
-Pirate Corpse 4: F13 NE
-Pirate Corpse 5: J8 SW
-Pirate Corpse 6: J10 SW
-Pirate Corpse 7: J11 SE
-Pirate Corpse 8: J13 SE
-Martell: H15 SW
-Captain: H15 NE
-Sulain: F12 NW
-Atano: H12 SW
-Hope: H11 SE
-Infirus: F12 SW

Actions
-Pirate Corpse 4: Attacked Sulain successfully, dealing 8 damage
-Infirius: Used reaction to for Interception, reducing damage by 5
-Pirate Corpses, except 4: Ready Action (attack anyone that comes within 5 feet, using reaction)

• HP: 8/11
    AC: 18
    Channel Divinity: 1/1
    1st Level Spells: 4/4
    2nd Level Spells: 2/2
    Freakishly fast and as sturdy as one would expect out of something that was dead. Sulain clamped down on her jaw as the scimitar slammed into her scale mail, cutting deep enough into the leather to draw blood. She swayed from the impact, the rolling of the ship doing her balance no favors, but Infirius’s interference ensured that she wasn’t pulling her guts off the deck, and the cleric offered him a grunt of acknowledgment. But only that.

Eight undead on the decks, and four fighters to handle. Crossbow expended, Sulain dropped it on the deck as she hefted up her shield and spun, slamming of her shield into the scimitar-wielding zombie’s chest. Lacking in mass as it were, the creature put up only paltry resistance before the strength of her arms pushed it up and over the railing. A satisfying splash later, and the pale-faced woman turned for the stairs leadup up to the steering wheel. There was one undead there, some brainless intelligence informing its decision to prime itself for an attack, and Sulain, armored and shielded up as she was, still didn’t want to risk it.

Her blood ran thin, after all.

“Protect the stairs,”
    she said, red eyes flicking towards the paladin beside her. And moments later, she ran towards the zombie as well, making sure to keep out of the distance of its sword while keeping close enough to get it interested.
    Sulain has moved to G13NW.

• HP: 27/27
    AC: 17
    Ki: 2/3
    “Oh my,” Atano said, as four zombies sprung up onto the deck. “Looks like fate will deny me my crate-shaped paradise after all.” The Changeling winked at Hope with his distorted eye, and then, silent as a falling leaf, shot for the nearest of the creatures. His speed was tremendous, such that zombie’s reactive attack wasn’t even completed by the time Atano was in range. One hand swept up, shimmering like a steel blade as it bit into the zombie’s forearm and arrested the movement of the cut. Another hand shifted back, red blood turning obsidian black. A splash behind him sounded, and he smiled.

“Can’t be one-upped by that woman, can I?”

And with a swift jab, Atano struck the center of the zombie’s chest with an impact so forceful that it sounded like a thunderclap. Propelled skywards by a force neither physical nor magical, the zombie somersaulted twice, then crashed into distant waves. He chuckled at the sight, his hands shifting back to the same pinky pale complexion they’ve always had as he turned towards the other three zombies.

“C’mon deadbeats,” the Changeling called out. “Allow me to impress my lady friend a bit more.”
    Atano has moved to J11NE.

Last edited:

Hope Moved to J11 SE
    Hope: Attacks Pirate Corpse 6, dealing 8 damage
    Hope: Attacks Pirate Corpse 6 again, misses
    Pirate Corpse 6: Reacts attacking Hope, deals 7 damage

Hope

Hit Points: 10 / 21 | Hit Dice: 2d10+1d8 / 2d10+1d8

A needless joke. Yet the boy's skill was hard to deny. It took him mere moments to swiftly travel from one place in to the next, like a slowing river change his body to cut and then push the undead out of the ship with a blast of force. That said, these undead had come from the sea, and they had reached the ship nonetheless despite the lack of any vessels I could find earlier.

My wings extended behind me and propelled me forward near the monk.

"Why doust thy cast the undead onto the sea? It shalt return to our vessel in time, yet with it here, thou wert able to damage its body. Thine act was wasteful, but I hast born witness to thy skill, and to the meaning of thy earlier words. Now I ought to provide proof of mine own."

With a spin of my body, I faced the opposite direction and half-flew half-lept towards another of the pirate corpses. The creature was ready, thrusting it's blade at me, yet with a flap of my wing I evaded that thrust and slashed at its belly. The creature was left with a wound, but I wasn't done. I thrust my second blade towards its arm, hoping to cut it in half, but the creature mimicked my behavior, crouching down before it stabbed me in the gut. I winced a little back, holding my belly.

"So this dout be the feeling of pain. Pathetic. What a disgraceful display from me."

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Spells
    1st Level
    Items
    Equipped:
    *Studded Leather (45 GP)
    *Short-Sword x2 (20 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    1 SP
    6 CP

Carrying:
    *Dagger x2 (4 GP)
    *Spear (1 GP)
    *Thieve's Tools (25 GP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Rations x10 (5 GP)
    *Bedroll (1 GP)
    *Candle x5 (5 CP)
    *Torch x5 (5 CP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Tinderbox (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

• -Interacting With: @ERode

Moved to F14 SW
    Prepared Action: Attack if a pirate corpse approaches into melee distance

Infirus Silversap

The other two seemed to be engaged in battle with the undead on the other side of the ship. The lady next to me seemed to have a good head on her shoulders though, immediately reacting to her situation and attempting to strategize. Not a bad strategy either. Though she didn't know me, she did quickly note the undead all seem to be in front of us, and I had a sword and shield. For us to remain close and together was the best option here. Although, I did have some reservations.

"Indeed would be better for me to fight by your side, and call upon the holy blessings with which I have been bestowed if necessary. We should be ready to move out fast though. Martell can handle himself with a few undead if need be, that I know, but the others might need assistance if these undead do not come for us here."

With my shield raised, I readied my weapon just in case any of the undead decided to strike as I gradually backed away towards the stairs.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Deception:
    Spells
    Cantrip
    *Light (Aasimar)
    *Toll the Dead (Wizard)
    *Mage Hand (Wizard)

First Level
    *Bless (Paladin)
    *Command (Paladin)

Items
    Equipped:
    *Long-Sword (15 GP)
    *Shield (10 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    7 GP
    4 SP
    2 CP

Carrying:
    *Spear x2 (2 GP)
    *Spellbook (50 GP)
    *Amulet (5 GP)
    *Crystal (10 GP)
    *Mess Kit (2 SP)
    *Robes (1 GP)
    *Hammer (1 GP)
    *Candle x10 (1 SP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Chalk x4 (4 CP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Healer's Kit (5 GP)
    *Common Clothes (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

GM Post

• Martell meanwhile kept simply guarding the captain. He stood practically still by the side of that man with a red hat and a mustache, who kept glancing back and forth between the sea ahead and the horrific scene playing out behind him on the deck. Martell himself twitched on occasion as well, and even attempted to grab his mace from time to time, but each time he shook his head and reconsidered. Then, he heard a sound. He glanced over his shoulder, and saw pair of rotting and almost skeletal hands with once-webbed fingers grabbing onto the front of the ship and pulling themselves into it.

On the opposite end, the back of the ship, two more undead arose as well, crawling onto the ship, and a bit further, before they stood up. The corpses on the far end of the deck began their march towards the combatants, slowly but steadily, one step at a time and hardly without moans. On the north, one of the undead simply let his scimitar slip through its fingers as it reached a certain point, it was like dropping butter, and just as smoothly it stretched its arms behind its back and pulled a net from it which it hurled at Infirus. Fortunately, however, the unusual weapon simply dropped into the floor, not quite reaching the paladin.

Another one of the dead merfolk, the one that Sulain had hit with a bolt from a crossbow earlier, went after her. It swung its blade in her direction, but she was able to evade it. Hope and Atano were not so lucky though, as Hope was struck again while she still clung to her stomach, and Atano was in turn also struck by one of the undead's dirty scimitars.

Positions (each square has four positions of dimensions 5 by 5 [the square itself has is 10 by 10], NW (Northwest) NE (Northeast) SW (Southwest) and SE (Southeast), each position can have 1 creature)
-Pirate Corpse 1: F11 NW
-Pirate Corpse 2: F13 NW
-Pirate Corpse 3: F11 NE
-Pirate Corpse 4: In the water
-Pirate Corpse 5: J8 SW
-Pirate Corpse 7: In the Water
-Pirate Corpse 8: J13 SE
-Pirate Corpse 9: G18 NE
-Pirate Corpse 10: I18 SE
-Pirate Corpse 11: G3 SE
-Pirate Corpse 12: I3 NE
-Martell: H15 SW
-Sulain: G13 NW
-Atano: J11 NE
-Hope: J11 SE
-Infirus: F14 SW

Actions
-Pirate Corpse 1: Moves to F11 NW
-Pirate Corpse 2: Moves to F13 NW
-Pirate Corpse 2: Drops weapon, draws net, attacks Infirus with net, misses
-Pirate Corpse 3: Moves to F13 SW
-Pirate Corpse 3: Attacks Sulain, misses
-Pirate Corpse 5: Moves to J8 SW
-Pirate Corpse 6: Attacks Hope, Dealing 4 Damage
-Pirate Corpse 8: Moves to J12 NW
-Pirate Corpse 8: Attacks Atano, Dealing 5 Damage

Last edited:

• HP: 8/11
    Channel Divinity: 1/1

“We pick up the pace then,” was all Sulain said in response. Hunching up her shoulders into a tighter, more compact position, the fighter deflected the scimitar that came in her way, chips of rusted iron flaking off the surface of her dull shield. Flicking the weapon downwards, she stomped on the flat of the blade, causing the zombie to jerk off-balance. Just enough of an opening for her battleaxe to smash into the shoulder blade opposite of her bolt. She pushed harder, carving past rotten muscle and bone into the putrefying viscera within, but the blade jammed before it could rip into the heart. With a frown, she kicked against the chest of the creature and wrenched her axe free while her shield went up again to protect her body.

Two more coming from the back, and something was sounding behind them as well. The parasite dug into her veins again, reminding her of the dark divinity that she had been blessed with, but Sulain pushed down on those desires as she breathed in deeply, stepping up in front of the zombie instead.

Sulain has moved to F13SE.

• HP: 22/27
    Ki: 2/3

“‘In time’ is the keyword here,” Atano sang, lurching back as a scimitar sliced for his chest. The tip, still sharp, drew a bloody line through his clothing, and he let out a sigh. Should’ve taken off his clothes before this, but the weather’s so unfriendly to bare-chested combat! Two steps brought him out of the zombie’s swinging range as he bounced from one foot to the other, eyes alight in the search of another opening. “Ship’s also moving, Hope, so anything we knock off will have to pursue from behind. And if they climb up only from the back of the ship?”

Viper-fast, the monk stepped in, his hands a blur of shapeshifting weapons. Dodging laterally over another swing from the living corpse, he shifted to its side before two needle-like punches struck its side. One passed harmlessly into the empty cavity where the liver of any living humanoid would’ve been, but the other slipped in between the gaps of the ribs and pierced the one whole lung that it had.

“It means we’ve got less to deal with at a time, so long as we re-kill the ones first in queue!”

Atano has moved to I12SW.

Hope Moved to J10 SE
    Hope: Attacks Pirate Corpse 6, dealing 8 damage
    Hope: Attacks Pirate Corpse 6 again, misses

Hope

Hit Points: 6 / 21 | Hit Dice: 2d10+1d8 / 2d10+1d8

“Thine words ring true. T’would be wise to not prolong this battle, however. The vessel shalt soon crosseth into the mists. The combat against these undead, and evading the phantoms both, may proveth a complication on both ends when puteth together.”

It would appear this pain thing was more distracting than I assumed. While pressing the wound on my side, it took me a moment before I stopped struggling to pull myself up. I stared down that vile being, and cursed my own inexperience in battle. I knew it wasn’t something that could be acquired overnight, much less in the heat of the moment, yet even so it irritated me, and the more irritated I felt, the more pressing the wound reminded me of it, and the pain jolted in my mind, causing me to growl before I lunged at the thing. My initial thrust failed to reach it, so I thought I might have better luck with an upward slash immediately after with my other weapon. Perhaps I simply imagined it, but it certainly as though the undead snorked at me as though mocking my efforts. In the back of my head, I realized it might have been a blunder: I was already wounded, yet I still threw myself at the enemy in front, but I couldn’t defeat it myself, what would even be left for me?

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Spells
    1st Level
    Items
    Equipped:
    *Studded Leather (45 GP)
    *Short-Sword x2 (20 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    1 SP
    6 CP

Carrying:
    *Dagger x2 (4 GP)
    *Spear (1 GP)
    *Thieve's Tools (25 GP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Rations x10 (5 GP)
    *Bedroll (1 GP)
    *Candle x5 (5 CP)
    *Torch x5 (5 CP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Tinderbox (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

Moved to F13 SE
    Attacked Pirate Corpse 3, Missed

Infirus Silversap

I nodded at the woman’s strategy and approached the undead she was fighting, both so that I could aid in bringing down her target and thus reduce their numbers faster, and also so that I could remain close to her and provide protection. Though my own armor was imbued with a curse, it was still once a proud set of plate- it would provide my vitals adequate cover if nothing else.

Sulain’s retreat, though short, showed she did not realize my intentions though. She was now too far for me to protect her with shield or sword, and the undead had the breathing room to block my blade with its own scimitar. Our weapons seemed to dance as though attached to each other as we pressed against one another. This stalemate might be my one chance to speak.

“Miss! You are already wounded gravely. If you remain close, we can work together to defeat these creatures, and I provide you with protection! We-”

Suddenly, a wave came and my balance wavered, while that thing’s webbed feet gave it the advantage: It pushed me to the side and moved away while I attempted to regain my balance.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Deception:
    Spells
    Cantrip
    *Light (Aasimar)
    *Toll the Dead (Wizard)
    *Mage Hand (Wizard)

First Level
    *Bless (Paladin)
    *Command (Paladin)

Items
    Equipped:
    *Long-Sword (15 GP)
    *Shield (10 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    7 GP
    4 SP
    2 CP

Carrying:
    *Spear x2 (2 GP)
    *Spellbook (50 GP)
    *Amulet (5 GP)
    *Crystal (10 GP)
    *Mess Kit (2 SP)
    *Robes (1 GP)
    *Hammer (1 GP)
    *Candle x10 (1 SP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Chalk x4 (4 CP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Healer's Kit (5 GP)
    *Common Clothes (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

GM Post

• The leonin paladin observed the action on the deck through the corner of his eye, but even now remained still, looking around without moving to help. Though the captain had asked if he shouldn’t go down there to help, Martell replied that his duty was to protect the captain, and he would fulfill his duty first and foremost. He was perhaps vindicated when the two undead in the front of the ship emerged, and he was quick to act to disable them. Staying just far enough that their blades couldn’t reach, he left the captain’s side and an aura of holy energy flowed out from his fur, being as expected particularly gathered in his mane and eyes that appeared covered in flowing white flames. The undead screeched at the sight, attempting to crouch down and cover their faces without taking another step.

Things below were far more dire, however. The undead that threw his net at Infirus earlier picked up the sword he dropped, and attempted to pierce the paladin while he stumbled after the push by his fellow undead. He would have cut into his chest if not for Infirus quickly raising his shield and taking the blow into the center, then pushing aside the former pirate’s blade. Sulain was not so lucky, since the undead her axe had cut into simply ignored the paladin and headed straight for the cleric, leaping in front of her and letting its blade fall, only to pick it up with its other hand and piercing the woman’s arm in that moment of distraction.

Further south, another of the ex-pirates flanked Hope while she was focused on its companion. Hope was able to evade the blade’s strike with a leap aided by the flap of her wings, but it was of little help when the aforementioned companion’s own blade carved into her lower back. Even Atano was struck as well, as the creature pressed it’s own ribcage to trap the monk’s limb, and taking the opportunity to thrust the scimitar right through his gut.

If things weren’t bad enough, the remaining undead on the ship continued to advance towards its defenders...

-Pirate Corpse 1: G12 SE
-Pirate Corpse 2: F13 SW
-Pirate Corpse 3: G3 NE
-Pirate Corpse 4: In the water
-Pirate Corpse 5: J10 NE
-Pirate Corpse 7: In the Water
-Pirate Corpse 8: J12 NW
-Pirate Corpse 9: G18 NE
-Pirate Corpse 10: I18 SE
-Pirate Corpse 11: G6 SE
-Pirate Corpse 12: I6 NE
-Martell: I17 NW
-Sulain: G13 SE
-Atano: J12 SW
-Hope: J10 SE
-Infirus: F13 SE

Actions
-Martell: Moves to I17 NW
-Martell: Martel uses Turn Unholy feature, Pirate Corpses 9 and 10 fail their saves and are frightened.
-Pirate Corpse 1: Moves to G12 SE
-Pirate Corpse 2: Moves to F13 SW
-Pirate Corpse 2: Attacks Infirus
-Infirus: Uses Interception
-Pirate Corpse 2: Deals 0 Damage
-Pirate Corpse 3: Moves to G13 NE
-Pirate Corpse 3: Attacks Sulain, Deals 4 Damage
-Pirate Corpse 5: Move to J10 NE
-Pirate Corpse 5: Attacks Hope, Misses
-Pirate Corpse 6: Attacks Hope, Deals 4 Damage
-Pirate Corpse 8: Attacks Atano, Deals 9 Damage
-Pirate Corpses 9 and 10: Fail their repeated save
-Pirate Corpse 11: Moves to G6 SE
-Pirate Corpse 12: Moves to I6 NE

• HP: 4/11
    Channel Divinity: 0/1
    Mortality came easily. A shallow cut in the arm was enough to encourage a swift demise, as one’s heart pumped one’s blood out of that small gap in your skin and flesh. A strike on the back of the head was enough to bruise one’s brain, inducing agony that would render one comatose, and then vegetative. Compared to the undead, mortals were much too fragile, bloated bags of skin and flesh built upon an organic deck of cards, in which a single misplaced element could cause catastrophic failure. And once again, within two blows, less than half a minute into frenzied combat, Sulain found herself shaking. Vision swimming. Heart pounding. Arms and shoulders aching. Injuries and fatigue, climbing gradually, swiftly. The parasite in her ears, reminding her of the divine miracles at her disposal. A single spell, and she would be back in shape. A single spell, and she would once more be in its debt.

The symbiotic relationship of an infant-god and their flesh-cradle.

But Sulain still refused. Her shield raised up, her battleaxe was hefted, and she broke out into a sickly smile, her rust red eyes finding the slits of Infirus’s helmet.

And with a breath, the ghostly woman allowed the countenance of a god to slip into her face. Dark shadows curled out from behind her neck, and smoke shrouded her finer features. Black veins traced up starkly against her pale complexion, and her sclera took on a purplish hue. And within the twisted magic that continued to animate the monstrosities before them, something shifted. Not in the two that approached Sulain still, but the one that had locked blades with Infirus. Its body shook and it broke off, fleeing.

Her natural countenance returned, that cynical, self-deprecating smile curving up into her features again, and with a quick turn, Sulain slipped to the right of the pirate that had engaged her, positioned diagonally away from the old paladin And in his head, a rasping voice echoed.

I pray you’ve got sewn lips, old man.

Sulain Channels Divinity, Turning the Undead. PC2 is turned.
    Sulain has moved to G14NW.

• HP: 13/27
    Ki: 1/3

Searing pain rocked into Atano’s body as the sea-drenched scimitar drove itself into his body. The Changeling had already rearranged his organs to avoid anything vital from being popped, but the sting of salt in his wounds remained, and he bared his teeth at the creature before him. They were making less progress than he thought, but now that he was on this boat and the islands were much too far for him to just swim back to, he was committed.

Anyhow, he’d no intention of dying to the first zombie he had a proper fight with.

Within the ribcage of the undead, Atano’s arm compressed, becoming slimmer. He spun out, wrenching his arm away while bring up his foot from the side into a double roundhouse kick. One chopped deep, his foot turned into an axeblade that ripped through desiccating flesh. The one that followed was more akin to a spiked club, batting the flesh-shorn head right off the shoulders and into the distance. As the zombie fell to its knees, Atano took in a deep breath, ignored the scimitar still in his guts, and dashed off with unnatural swiftness. From behind her, Hope would feel a gust of wind as the monk somersaulted up from behind her, clearing one foot overhead before his heel, turned into a spike, buried itself into the femur of the pirate she’d been occupying.

“What’s with the long face, darling?” he winked. “Should I distract them enough that you’d be able to fly off back home?”

Atano activates Flurry of Blows and attacks PC8, dealing 9 Slashing and Bludgeoning.
    Atano has moved to J10NW.
    Atano attacks PC6, dealing 6 Piercing.

Last edited:

Hope: Attacks Pirate Corpse 6, Deals 12 Damage (Pirate Corpse Dies)
    Hope: Attacks Pirate Corpse 5, Misses

Hope

Hit Points: 0 / 21 | Hit Dice: 2d10+1d8 / 2d10+1d8

“Doust thou maketh a mockery of me? Thou taketh me for a coward? I shant take such actions, not were my I to have to rip mine wings from mine own body, with mine own hands!” The monk had already gone right past me, foot rammed through the back of the undead in a manner I did not fully understand. What a disgrace. I was this beaten, and now needed the help of this unknown nobleman. My hands gripped my swords tighter than even before, a bit of pain spreading over the palms. Why was I failing to this extent? When they called me into this world, did I not receive my name because they placed their trust in me? Because I was here to fulfill that wish to see that homeland liberated?

And yet here I was, about to fall to a mere salt-covered corpse?

“Raaaargh!” I screamed with furrowed eyes and brief grit of the teeth, raising both my swords and charging right at the stuck undead with a leap. The blades thrust into the creature, splitting its neck in two and smashing up a large portion of the rotting ribcage as my body slammed into the cut. I even felt Atano’s spike cutting a bit into my arm, but what did that matter now, what was with one more, tiny cut? There was another more important thing to focus on, the second disgusting thing right next to me, so I raised the blade that split the first one’s neck as fast as I could, only to see it flying out of my hand and dropping on the floor. The world seemed to slow down as I still had one hand stuck on the corpse, and my front was exposed to the second one, defenseless.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Spells
    1st Level
    Items
    Equipped:
    *Studded Leather (45 GP)
    *Short-Sword x2 (20 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    1 SP
    6 CP

Carrying:
    *Dagger x2 (4 GP)
    *Spear (1 GP)
    *Thieve's Tools (25 GP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Rations x10 (5 GP)
    *Bedroll (1 GP)
    *Candle x5 (5 CP)
    *Torch x5 (5 CP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Tinderbox (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

Infirus: Attacks Pirate Corpse 3, Misses
    Infirus: Moves to F14 SW
    Pirate Corpse 3: Opportunity Attack, Misses

Infirus Silversap

Hmmm? What was happening? All of the sudden the undead I was just battling froze in place. I hesitated for a moment, and found myself glancing at the lady for answers- she appeared that had attained some manner of corrupt form, but there was no manner of fiendish presence I could feel. It was something else, something closer to what Hope had but not quite. Rather than inspiring, it felt grand yet frightening. In some pale imitation or vestige of a heart it had, one of the undead must’ve realized it, as it turned around and began sprinting away. It was the perfect chance to strike, but it seemed my hesitation deprived me of that opportunity, as the moment I swung my blade the injured undead in front came back to its senses, and part-evaded part-parried me. It went for a counter-attack, and I in turned shoved away his blade with my own while I backed away to stand by Sulain’s side once more. I raised my shield and scooted over to be closer.

For adventurers to have the aid of powers of a more...questionable nature wasn’t uncommon. In fact it was more common that many adventurers became such precisely because of the nature of such gifts, being rejected in places that asked more questions than a simple form and tests of combat ability. The greylight order itself wasn’t against their employment either, save for some rare exceptions. So I was not going to question it, or Sulain, about what had happened. I wasn’t. Not until a voice echoed in my head, seemingly threatening me to keep my mouth shut.

“We all have skeletons in our closet. I don’t intend to dig out any more corpses than ones we already have to deal with. But I would advise against hiding such matters from the greylight order- we aren’t like the prude that would refuse to come within a mile of corruption. We employ it for a greater cause, and so we have means to find it...and to deal with. To deceive us will not hide you, it will only bring your loyalties into question. Still, in the end of the day, keep it hidden if you must- it is being on our side that matters.”

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Deception:
    Spells
    Cantrip
    *Light (Aasimar)
    *Toll the Dead (Wizard)
    *Mage Hand (Wizard)

First Level
    *Bless (Paladin)
    *Command (Paladin)

Items
    Equipped:
    *Long-Sword (15 GP)
    *Shield (10 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    7 GP
    4 SP
    2 CP

Carrying:
    *Spear x2 (2 GP)
    *Spellbook (50 GP)
    *Amulet (5 GP)
    *Crystal (10 GP)
    *Mess Kit (2 SP)
    *Robes (1 GP)
    *Hammer (1 GP)
    *Candle x10 (1 SP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Chalk x4 (4 CP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Healer's Kit (5 GP)
    *Common Clothes (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

GM Post

• Though progress wasn’t as swift or steady as would be preferable, there were some victories accumulating. Atano smashed one of the undead to pieces, dropping to the ground with a splash from the flesh, a thump from the amulet it wore around its neck, and a clink of the blade hitting the floor and bouncing due to the angle. The undead that was most affected by the cleric’s transformation quickly turned around and leaped off of the boat, swimming away for dear unlife, and a head rolled after Hope’s enraged attack, with another splash, thump and clink.

The undead in front of Martell were frozen at his radiant presence and mane of white flames, but he was not one to take risks. He marched to the closest of the undead, and raised his maul right at one of the creature’s chests, slamming it into the air. In a swift motion he circled the large weapon around the creature’s body, then brought it down and smashed the corpse into the ship. Guts and other parts spread like broken yolk. Perhaps due to a triggered sense of danger, the remaining corpse snapped out of its ‘trance’ and attempted to attack the paladin walking towards it. The undead swung it’s blade, only for it to easily bounce off Martell’s thick armor with a ting.

Two of the corpses continued to advance towards Sulain, and stroke at her as quickly as they could, which ironically resulted in both of their swords clashing into one another and pushing them just far enough to make no more than small, insignificant cuts. By contrast, the corpse next to Hope had a perfectly clearing to slash right across her chest, ripping a good chunk of armor off even, and causing her to drop to her back with a gashing wound and heavy breath.

The corpses from the back where still coming closer, and were joined by two of the undead that had been pushed into the water earlier, who leaped into the boat next to the two coming from the back.

-Pirate Corpse 1: G14 SW
-Pirate Corpse 2: In the water
-Pirate Corpse 3: G13 NE
-Pirate Corpse 4: F8 NW
-Pirate Corpse 5: J10 NE
-Pirate Corpse 6: Dead
-Pirate Corpse 7: J8 SW
-Pirate Corpse 8: Dead
-Pirate Corpse 9: G17 NE
-Pirate Corpse 10: Dead
-Pirate Corpse 11: F8 SE
-Pirate Corpse 12: J8 NE
-Martell: G17 NW
-Sulain: G14 NW
-Atano: J10 NW

Actions
Martell: Moves to I17 SW
Martell: Attacks Pirate Corpse 10, Deals 13 Damage
Martell: Attacks Pirate Corpse 10, Deals 11 Damage (Pirate Corpse 10 Dies)
Martell: Moves to G17 NW
Pirate Corpse 1: Moves to G14 SW
Pirate Corpse 1: Attacks Sulain, Misses
Pirate Corpse 2: Uses Dash, Throws Itself at the Water
Pirate Corpse 3: Attacks Sulain, Misses
Pirate Corpse 4: Climbs Back Into the Deck
Pirate Corpse 5: Attacks Hope, Crits, Deals 13 Damage (Hope passes out, starts having to do death saves)
Pirate Corpse 7: Climbs Back Into the Deck
Pirate Corpse 9: Succeeds Saving Throw
Pirate Corpse 9: Moves to G17 NE
Pirate Corpse 9: Attacks Martell, Misses
Pirate Corpse 11: Moves to F8 SE
Pirate Corpse 12: Moves to J8 NE

I’ve no interest in employing it, came Sulain’s own response as she bent her legs and brought up her own shield. From the rear, it was easy enough for her to grasp the general development of the battlefield, easier still to see the winged girl take a blow powerful enough to send her down. Blood flowed freely upon the drenched decks of the ship, the essence of a life slipping away with every extra heartbeat.

Were they to lose another soul so soon?

Sulain took a breath, and with a mighty swing of her battleaxe, caved in the skull of one of the undead pirates. Gore specked her pale face as she wrenched her weapon free, allowing the corpse to fall to its knees, before she swung her shield around, slamming it into the remaining zombie’s scimitar. “Hold it off,” she rasped at Infirus. And in a burst of speed, the dark-haired warrior broke away from her engagement, running towards the fallen Hope. The distance was bad; it’d take more than fifteen seconds on top of this swaying ship for her to make it there. But once she did…

Well, she’d have to decide on whether it was by mortal or divine hands that the swordswoman was saved. And that decision? That decision hinged largely on how well the princeling handled himself.

Sulain attacks PC3, dealing 7 Slashing. PC3 dies.
    Sulain has moved to H12SE.

Ki: 0/3
    Ah. That backfired.

Note to self, Atano: Hope doesn’t respond well to playful taunts.

The Changeling monk could only cringe as he tumbled away from the zombie he had kicked moments earlier, watching the winged woman lose herself in her rage and self-loathing. It was a familiar sight to see, of warriors building themselves up into a frenzy that allowed them to shoulder wounds that they otherwise would not be able to withstand, but unlike those musclebound titans of physical might, Hope was lithe and slender. Beautiful in a dress or when dancing around her foes, but hardly the sort that one would trust as a reckless barbarian. Shouldn’t have tried to encourage her with negative reinforcement, that’s for sure. If she survived this, he’d have to apologize later.

If she were to survive this though, he’d have to ensure none of the undead tried to eat her while she was still fresh.

Shifting his hand into the hooked claws of a feline, Atano tore into the zombie that downed Hope, ripping strips of rotting flesh out of its body before pulling out a length of its desiccated intestines. With a disdainful flick, he sent the viscera splattering against the decks, before imperiously stepping away, only turning just enough that the retaliatory attack missed. Four more zombies were approaching now, climbing up over the railings away and eager for action. One of the warriors on the other side of the ship was running, either to assist Hope or himself. Martell seemed to be handling himself well. They were going to be fine. He wasn’t going to die.

A sneer sliced Atano’s face in half, the dark anomaly in his left eye squirming like a frenzied snake. He pulled out the scimitar still embedded in his chest and tossed it overboard, allowing blood to ooze freely from the unblocked wound. Bringing his hands overhead, the monk walked towards the center of the deck, clapping all the while.

“Well, you water-bloated pissants,” he laughed, bouncing on the tips of his toes. “Shall we dance?”

Atano attacks PC5, dealing 9 Slashing.
    Atano expends 1 Ki point to use Patient Defense.
    Atano has moved to H9SE.

• -Interacting With: N/A

Succeeds 1st Death Saving Throw

Hope

I could hear the sounds of battle above me, but my body wouldn’t move. The pain ran through my body, particularly that canyon across my chest, and little more could I do than twitch eyes and fingers.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Spells
    1st Level
    Items
    Equipped:
    *Studded Leather (45 GP)
    *Short-Sword x2 (20 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    1 SP
    6 CP

Carrying:
    *Dagger x2 (4 GP)
    *Spear (1 GP)
    *Thieve's Tools (25 GP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Rations x10 (5 GP)
    *Bedroll (1 GP)
    *Candle x5 (5 CP)
    *Torch x5 (5 CP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Tinderbox (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

-Mentions: @ERode (Atano)

Infirus: Moves to G13 SE
    Infirus: Attacks Pirate Corpse 1, Adds Divine Smite, Deals 17 Damage
    Pirate Corpse 1: Attacks Infirus, Infirus Uses Interception, Damage Reduced to 0

Infirus Silversap

1st Level Spell Slots: 2/3

Now the woman was speaking into my mind. Well, if nothing else it was better than some dark, mysterious voice. Not so good news was the sight of Hope falling, a sight I never expected I would see, or at least not so soon. The noble boy had taken to a selfless act of being bait for the undead for now. He definitely deserved praise for that, and both of them could definitely use Sulain’s help, I nodded in response to her request.

“Understood. May Försil have your blade.”

I could bring a miracle of protection upon the boy since he was going up against so many by himself, but there was no time for now. As Sulain took off, presumably to aid the fallen Hope, the undead next to her tried to give chase. I wasn’t fast enough to block it’s blow, but fortunately that proved unnecessary in anyway. Instead, I focused on cutting it’s path by going around it and then standing in front, then raising my shield to block its attack. I wasn’t about to let up so easily. I pointed my sword towards that blue yet darkening sky with the first traces of the mist ahead.

“May Försil have my blade.” As I said that, threads of grey light began to emerge around my sword, orbiting around the blade before they were seemingly pulled into it by some force, and once thus infused they became runic shapes.The creature tried to raise it’s arm to block out both light and blade, but with both I pierced right through that limb and most of the torso. A glow was visible from within the undead and smoke began to leak out of it, while it screeched due to its burning insides.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Deception:
    Spells
    Cantrip
    *Light (Aasimar)
    *Toll the Dead (Wizard)
    *Mage Hand (Wizard)

First Level
    *Bless (Paladin)
    *Command (Paladin)

Items
    Equipped:
    *Long-Sword (15 GP)
    *Shield (10 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    7 GP
    4 SP
    2 CP

Carrying:
    *Spear x2 (2 GP)
    *Spellbook (50 GP)
    *Amulet (5 GP)
    *Crystal (10 GP)
    *Mess Kit (2 SP)
    *Robes (1 GP)
    *Hammer (1 GP)
    *Candle x10 (1 SP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Chalk x4 (4 CP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Healer's Kit (5 GP)
    *Common Clothes (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

GM Post

• Whether from the taunt or sheer proximity, the undead took up Atano’s challenge. The first swing Atano simply dodged, the next down he bent down and with a swift motion flowed his arms upwards like a wave, his fingers growing and taking a slimey texture and silvery color to move the blow away from him, and finally he stood back up and grabbed the net that was thrown towards him, and wrapped it around the final blade coming in his direction, then pushed said blade down with the net.

Meanwhile, Martell gave no opportunity for any more attempted strikes from the undead. He turned his maul upside down over the undead within hugging distance, and brought down the weapon right over its head, pushing it straight through into the creature’s torso. After that, he took another swing, and smashing head and body at once and throwing half the creature’s beaten body out of the ship, while the rest remained on the wall like half of a passed out drunk in the street. He then returned to the captain's side.

-Pirate Corpse 3: Dead
-Pirate Corpse 4: G9 SE
-Pirate Corpse 5: H10 SW
-Pirate Corpse 7: I9 NE
-Pirate Corpse 9: Dead
-Pirate Corpse 11: H9 SW
-Pirate Corpse 12: H8 SE
-Martell: H15 SE
-Sulain: H12 SE
-Atano: H9 SE

Actions
Martell: Attacks Pirate Corpse 9, Deals 12 Damage
Martell: Attacks Pirate Corpse 9, Deals 12 Damage (Pirate Corpse 9 is dead)
Martell: Moves to H15 SE
Pirate Corpse 4: Moves to G9 SE
Pirate Corpse 5: Moves to H10 SW
Pirate Corpse 5: Attacks Atano, misses
Pirate Corpse 7: Moves to I9 NE
Pirate Corpse 7: Attacks Atano, Misses
Pirate Corpse 11: Moves to H9 SW
Pirate Corpse 11: Attacks Atano, Misses
Pirate Corpse 12: Moves to H8 SE
Pirate Corpse 12: Attacks Atano (Net), Misses

The clash of steel from behind Sulain told her all she needed to know: Infirus would handle the rear, so that she could continue advancing to the front. Maintaining her distance from the mob of zombies that flocked around the princeling, the dark-haired warrior pulled out her heavy crossbow again, settling into a firing stance and shooting a bolt off towards Infirus's half-disintegrated quarry. If she could free up the paladin, he'd be able to join in the melee happening at the stern, and give the winged one some more breathing space.

But the bolt missed instead, flying off into the mist.

Not a big deal. Didn't hit any allies, at least, and it wasn't an important shot to make either. With a grimace, she continued to run, carefully maintaining the distance between any zombies until she was within running distance of Hope. If nothing catastrophic happened, the downed woman could be saved still. Sulain just hoped that the idiot dancing with five zombies didn't slip and die.

Sulain attacks PC1, but misses.
    Sulain has moved to J11SE.

Yup, he was feeling good now. Was it the hormones kicking in, or his blood loss that was doing so? Regardless, Atano had managed to evade all the attacks coming in his direction, and was primed to evade even more. His joints loosened up, becoming more and more flexible. His bones segmented into smaller pieces, like the spine of a snake. His lungs doubled in size, drawing in more and more air with each deep breath. Enemies were all around, but there was not an iota of concern on his face.

If all he had to do was continue to taunt them, then Atano was very comfortable with that. After all, everything he did was in service of a single task: outrunning death.

"C'mon, I can do this all day!"
    Atano takes the Dodge action.

Succeeds 2nd Death Saving Throw

Hope

The breeze blew, and I felt it sweeping across the mountain side, going through the cracks in the rock with a whistle that wasn’t melodious, and yet was comforting with the background of crashing waves. I felt the tiny legs of crabs poking into me, making tiny holes. I felt the heat of the magma in my heart, blowing its frustration into puffs of smoke that boiled the water at the surface, and became new rock on the sides. I saw claws going and coming, appearing seemingly out of nowhere and then disappearing again, like rays of sunlight without a cycle.

The people walked, talked, lived their lives. But then I felt a pull. Then I saw light, light blinding my sight, and I felt my hands moving, moving hands for the first time. At first they felt like grains of sand, yes moving but each moving on their own, unconnected, and then as though glued together or tied by ropes they moved in unison, and felt pulled by one another. I felt the air flowing
    inside my lungs, and I felt my back as it stretched along with my wings. I felt the texture of the wall as my feathers hit my accident, and even pulled them away on reflex as they felt the heat of the candles that surrounded me in the altar. In front of me were several bearded men and a couple women, holding scrolls and looking with joyous or surprised expressions, some even starting to cry to my dismay…

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Spells
    1st Level
    Items
    Equipped:
    *Studded Leather (45 GP)
    *Short-Sword x2 (20 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    1 SP
    6 CP

Carrying:
    *Dagger x2 (4 GP)
    *Spear (1 GP)
    *Thieve's Tools (25 GP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Rations x10 (5 GP)
    *Bedroll (1 GP)
    *Candle x5 (5 CP)
    *Torch x5 (5 CP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Tinderbox (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

-Mentions: @ERode (Atano)

Infirus: Attacks Pirate Corpse 1, Misses
    Pirate Corpse 1: Attacks Infirus, Infirus Uses Interception, Damage Reduced to 0

Infirus Silversap

With a grunt and a kick to the former pirate’s scale-filled leg, I unlocked my blade from it’s insides and readied my next swing. Just as I was about to, however, I heard a zoom from behind me and reflexively pulled away, find my thrust hitting in the air in a manner that certainly would have hurt even that creature, if it was anywhere close to its direction. The crossbow bolt itself was pelted into growing mists from the front. If I had to hurry before, then now I had to double the pace. One type of undead was bad enough to deal with in these numbers.

Perhaps attempting to take advantage of my lack of focus, the creature I was battling with attempted to a swing of its own against me, but second verse same as the first, I raised my shield and the blade was stuck against it, then pushed away by my arm.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Deception:
    Spells
    Cantrip
    *Light (Aasimar)
    *Toll the Dead (Wizard)
    *Mage Hand (Wizard)

First Level
    *Bless (Paladin)
    *Command (Paladin)

Items
    Equipped:
    *Long-Sword (15 GP)
    *Shield (10 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    7 GP
    4 SP
    2 CP

Carrying:
    *Spear x2 (2 GP)
    *Spellbook (50 GP)
    *Amulet (5 GP)
    *Crystal (10 GP)
    *Mess Kit (2 SP)
    *Robes (1 GP)
    *Hammer (1 GP)
    *Candle x10 (1 SP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Chalk x4 (4 CP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Healer's Kit (5 GP)
    *Common Clothes (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

GM Post

• The undead surrounding Atano attempted once more to strike him down, but the monk remained attentive and beyond their reach. One by one, his modified body seemed to dance around or deflect every strike, but perhaps it was the case that even he was at last becoming tired, as tone of the undead that came from the back of the ship finally managed to sneak a strike against him, piercing one of Atano’s legs.

The last undead, who had just thrown its net at Atano (without much success) was now trying to find some edge to attack itself, but to no avail. In its attempts to sneak past the encircling, it spotted Sulain moving towards Hope. The fallen were no threat- in fact, they might become allies to the undead soon enough. But the one that still walked was an enemy too, and with the closest enemies out of its reach, the creature began moving towards the pair of fallen and standing.

-Pirate Corpse 4: H9 NE
-Pirate Corpse 7: I9 NE
-Pirate Corpse 12: J9 SE
-Sulain: J11 SE

Actions
-Pirate Corpse 4 Moved to H) NE
-Pirate Corpses 4, 5 and 7: Attack Atano, Miss.
-Pirate Corpse 11: Attack Atano, Hit, Deal 5 Damage.
-Pirate Corpse 12: Moves to J9 SE

2nd Level Spells: 1/2
    Sulain's eyes met the zombie that had slipped away from the messy melee, and she smiled. Too late to intervene, and too far to attack. Six zombies remained, and now, there were five combatants on board once more. Crossing the remaining distance separating her and Hope, she slid into a kneeling position beside the unconscious swordswoman, before pulling out a vial and tilting her head back. It was nothing but some misdirection, really; the contents of the vial was just water. The real trick was...

"Wake up, princess. You're too much a pain in the ass to dig a grave for."

...just magic.

The essence of death that lingered upon Hope was pulled away by the hand of the divine arbiter, her wounds progressing in reverse as blood splattered upon the decks seeped back into the injuries, as flesh melted together and skin knitted into a single flesh-colored tapestry. Nothing could be done of her broken armor and her torn clothing, outside her deathly domain as such objects were, but Sulain's burden spoke for itself. The complexion of the living came over Hope's face again, and the parasite-god writhed in delight, approving of any usage of magic, any semblance of energy that Sulain would trade for a walking deadman.

Trusting that Hope could stand up on her own, Sulain dropped back again, gaining distance and arming her crossbow. No more undead were climbing up the decks, and that short monk was doing a great job keeping the mass away from the staircase leading up to the captain, so any necessity for her to go up into the thick of combat was gone.

It was time to start shooting.

Sulain casts Cure Wounds at 2nd level on Hope, healing 12 HP.
    Sulain has moved to J11NE.

• HP: 8/27
    A piercing pain ran deep into his leg, but before he could fall, Atano dove instead, using his arms to keep himself mobile against the deluge of flesh-craving zombies. Their numbers weren't going down, and in the corner of his eye, that single paladin was still dueling with that single zombie, apparently locked in immortal combat. Could he take one more hit? Two more? He narrowed his eyes, forcing his focus on the present only as he continued to duck, dodge and weave. Just one more, and he'll shift into a retreat to get his breath. After that, he'll decide whether or not it's worthwhile at all to continue upon this vessel, with these people. Maybe an island was an impossibility, but reaching a neighbouring ship?

Certainly not out of the question.

But for now, Atano remained where he was, pulling attention away and giving time for Hope to steady herself. He laughed even as he swayed. "I can still do this all day!"
    Atano takes the Dodge action.

Hope: Moves to I9 SE
    Hope: Attacks Pirate Corpse 7, Deals 9 Damage (Pirate Corpse 7 Dies)
    Hope: Moves to I9 NW
    Hope: Attacks Pirate Corpse 11, Deals 13 Damage

Hope

Hit Points: 1 / 21 | Hit Dice: 2d10+1d8 / 2d10+1d8

There it was, that sensation again. My body was being pulled together by something, some kind of energy I didn’t quite recognize, but it was like oil and water- so similar, yet incompatible. Nonetheless, without question it was something to revere and admire, so much so that as I sat down and my blurred vision began to regain focus, I took a moment to glance at the one that seemingly produced it, before finally nodding.

“I thanketh thee for thine graceful assistance. I shalt ensure that I maketh righteous use of thine gift.” I declared, kneeling down to grab my fallen weapon still dripping with salt water that mixed with the undead’s stale blood. I nearly stumbled to the side, my body still struggling with its newly recovered vitality, but part of me just knew I couldn’t afford to disappoint right now. I gave a little jump and propelled myself forward with a flap of my wings, stopping right before reaching the undead that Atano had propelled into the sea earlier, which was rather hurt already. Using the momentum, I spun with my wings covering me, and when I opened them again I sliced through what remained of that vile being. Another creature was nearby, several in fact, but since it was focused on Atano I took the chance to take a stab at it too, placing my blade right under it’s armpit and breaking some of the ribs and the joint.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Spells
    1st Level
    Items
    Equipped:
    *Studded Leather (45 GP)
    *Short-Sword x2 (20 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    1 SP
    6 CP

Carrying:
    *Dagger x2 (4 GP)
    *Spear (1 GP)
    *Thieve's Tools (25 GP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Rations x10 (5 GP)
    *Bedroll (1 GP)
    *Candle x5 (5 CP)
    *Torch x5 (5 CP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Tinderbox (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

Infirus: Attacks Pirate Corpse 1, Misses

Infirus Silversap

How frustrating. This reminded me of the training sessions back when I was a boy, picked up from the slammer and thrown at the order for my own redemption. Back then I knew little, no, I truly knew nothing. Back then I took swing after swing, but my blade only met shields, air and training dolls. Somehow, just the thought of it brought a little grin to my face, hidden under that white helmet with hints of rust.

“I don’t suppose you could become a training doll for a moment?” I inquired with a chuckle. I shook my head, if only to a tiny degree so as to keep my eyes on the opponent. “No, no, I mustn't joke. I have to take care of this thing quickly, and go heeelp.”

My word got a little stretched by the undead attacking, and once again my shield blocked the blade and put it away, locked in some dance on these seas and running out of precious time.

Skills
    Saving Throws:

Skills:
    Deception:
    Spells
    Cantrip
    *Light (Aasimar)
    *Toll the Dead (Wizard)
    *Mage Hand (Wizard)

First Level
    *Bless (Paladin)
    *Command (Paladin)

Items
    Equipped:
    *Long-Sword (15 GP)
    *Shield (10 GP)
    *Sack x4 (4 CP)

Currency:
    0 PP
    7 GP
    4 SP
    2 CP

Carrying:
    *Spear x2 (2 GP)
    *Spellbook (50 GP)
    *Amulet (5 GP)
    *Crystal (10 GP)
    *Mess Kit (2 SP)
    *Robes (1 GP)
    *Hammer (1 GP)
    *Candle x10 (1 SP)
    *Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
    *Shovel (2 GP)
    *Chalk x4 (4 CP)
    *Waterskin (2 SP)
    *Healer's Kit (5 GP)
    *Common Clothes (5 SP)

Abilities

Passives:

Extra Actions:

GM Post

• Two of the circling undead swung once more at Atano, and with a little push under the blades he had them crash into each other rather than himself. Hope’s interference, however, prevented more attacks from coming towards him. On one hand, another undead had been destroyed, the corpse falling broken on the ground while the amulet around its neck was thrusted on the opposite side of the blade. On the other hand, the second of the creatures the angel-like woman had attacked shifted its focus onto the new threat, and rose its dangling arm while shifting the scimitar upside down, before thrusting it right into her leg. And it wasn’t alone….

The other undead, previously heading for Sulain, witnessed as Hope ‘flew’ right past it and cut down one of unliving comrades, also shifted its focus, and took a slash at Hope’s back, sending blood flying high into the air as though it too had been granted wings.

-Pirate Corpse 4: H9 NE
-Pirate Corpse 7: Dead
-Pirate Corpse 12: I9 SW
-Sulain: J11 NE
-Hope: I9 NW

Actions
-Pirate Corpses 4 and 5: Attack Atano, Miss.
-Pirate Corpse 11: Attacks Hope, Deals 4 Damage.
-Pirate Corpse 12: Moves to I9 SW
-Pirate Corpse 12: Attacks Hope, Deals 7 Damage.