King of Hearts (with TragicTrees)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruto chuckled with an embarrassed expression as Valerie practically called him childish. He looked to his left, lightly rubbing his cheek with his right index finger. "I really meant that," he mumbled, but then shook his head, not minding it that much. When she mentioned she loved baseball, that caught Haruto's attention. He didn't play the sport either was a hardcore fan, but enjoyed watching a couple of games once in a while. "Mmh... If you say you love baseball, that means you will join the softball team, right?" he asked her, looking back at her. He moved aside some of his red hair that was blocking his sight and there's when he realized he needed a haircut soon.

"Well, the team isn't the best, you know? They haven't won any championship since... I think since their opening." Haruto scoffed in a mocking way. "But, hey, maybe you can make a difference in there." He looked down at her arms and legs and nodded. "You have strong arms and legs. I bet you can hit a homerun with ease and run the bases like a Road Runner."

Valarie Mikhailov
"I usually can." She admitted with a shrug, glancing over at him as she spoke "And I do not care if the team is good. I just want to play on a team. Winning is not a deciding factor, to be quite honest." She dusted off her sweater absentmindedly "I'm more in it for having a extracurricular activity on my resume, also."

It really wasn't about winning. Fun was also a minor factor. As she had said, she wanted something to show she didn't just sit around and study all day. Employers liked stuff like that. So did colleges. It was also good for her health, so the up sides were more prevalent than the downsides. Which, of course, she didn't have a problem with, because she was lucky to enjoy what she was good at, and lucky to have other people enjoy it as well. She was fairly sure that if it weren't for aforementioned reasons, her parents would be hesitant letting her join sports. They found them to be a little dangerous, and it wasn't like they were wrong. A lot of things did happen to players that could be considered bad. Concussions, for example, happened often in sports. She had not gotten one herself, but they did add to her parent's worry.

"Mmh, I see..." Haruto went silent for a couple of seconds, looking directly at Valerie and not because she was really pretty or something. He was trying to read her by looking statically into her eyes. He could feel that Valerie was indeed a true baseball player in mind, body, and heart. A strong determination was emerging from her, pretty similar to his with soccer. He scoffed and nodded, looking away with a grin. "You're a really interesting person, Valerie," he said and stop up from his seat. "You're not only pretty but also intelligent and with a strong sense of sportsmanship. I like that and I totally respect it." He sighed lowly in defeat after trying to find something for dislike her all this time, so he won't feel bad if he picks her as his next "love" target. He liked every aspect of her, including her rudeness. So in the end, he just gave up and lose interest in her.

Looking down at the red sports watch on his left wrist, Haruto smiled and picked his backpack. "Well, the bell for the next period is about to ring," he said and looked down at Valerie, raising his right hand at her. "See you in History class and I'm actually pretty interested in watching a softball game this year if you manage to join the team." With a chuckle, he tossed his pack over his right shoulder and put his hands in his pockets before beginning to walk out of the classroom, the bell ringing and announcing the 2nd period.

"That's all for today, students," said Ms. Kisaragi while standing up from her desk. "You better bring your textbooks tomorrow because we're going to start with the real work. Don't forget about, 'k?" After everyone replied with a yes, they began to stand up from their seats and left the classroom.

Valarie Mikhailov
That was certainly an interesting encounter. Valarie stood up, grabbing her bag and swinging it onto her shoulder, before heading to the door. The conversation hadn't gone as bad as she thought it would, and the boy showed he at least had the capability of complimenting someone. At this point, she was sure they could work somewhat well together, and that was a relief. She walked out of the classroom, Gaberiel catching up and trailing right along next to her.

When they got to the next class, Valarie instantly went to take the seat furthest away from the door, but still in the front row. If she could, this was always the type of seat she chose. It got her called on for questions more often, but it allowed a bit of distance from others if they chose to sit near the door and get out as soon as the bell rung. She didn't bother to take out her books this time, and simply just sat and waited for class to begin. Considering the last class was uneventful, she assumed this one would be the same, and if she was wrong, she could always just take out what she needed when she needed it.

The rest of the periods where the same as the Biology class. All the teachers simply discussed the syllabus because it was an obligation and answered every question their students asked. Lucky for Valerie, none of the class required to pair up with a partner because everyone could do everything on their own. As the clock hit the 12 o'clock of midday, the bell rang, announcing Lunchtime. Like racehorses in a hippodrome, most of the students ran out of their classrooms and went all the way to the Cafeteria to get something before it runs out. They looked like hungry zombies surrounding a crowd of humans.

Haruto didn't mind to waste so much energy doing such things. So instead, he always buys something out of the school and brings inside. As he took a seat on an empty table in the Lunchroom, he took out from a paper bag that was on the table a delicious Chicken Sandwich and a box of French Fries. A can of Fruit Punch juice was beside the delicious meal. As he was about to eat, Misaki appeared out of nowhere and sat in a chair in front of him. Haruto looked at her and sighed with annoyance. "Good evening, Haru-kun!" she said, waving her right hand before putting her cute pink bento box on the table without Haruto even inviting her to seat. He didn't give much care to that, so he simply picked his sandwich and began to eat.

"Hey, you forgot to give thanks, Haru-kun," she said while looking at him with a serious expression. Haruto raised his right eyebrow and shrugged, munching his food. Yes, he knew that he was Japanese just like her, but after leaving so many years in the U.S.A. he had forgotten most of their traditions. Misaki sighed with disappointment but just move on. "Itadakimasu," she said with her hands clasped and smiling brightly. Afterward, she opened her bento and proceed to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.