1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Horror, Light Romance, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Fandoms (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel/DC)
This is my personal little thread of hell. Kindly don't look at it, as there will be plenty of mistakes before I figure anything out. :P

TO ALL YOU LOVELIES:
If you do decide to disregard the above warning, feel free to use the codes that I actually do figure out. Just please give credit where it’s due and all that; there’s no need to ask permission. However, any character content is of my own creation, so do not steal it. Please and thank you.

340cee4b19144b3f6e4a4d5dbe80ea70.png

• Hello, there!
    Thanks for stopping by! I'm Kimberlyn, but feel free to call me whatever suits your fancy. I've been roleplaying since I was about 11 years old, adding up to about six years of experience. In the past year, I like to think I've improved my style and prose quite dramatically, though I certainly have room for improvement. See that little blue star over there? It'll be turning red this August, so be prepared for that if you're thinking about diving into smut at any point. That being said, smut isn't typically my thing to begin with, and I have no formal plans for it being part of my roleplays at this current time. So, if that's what you're looking for, I recommend finding someone more dirty-minded than I am!

As far as personal posting comfort, I typically range 500 to 1000 words per post. That's at least four fair-sized paragraphs. I can adapt to my partner's posting range, whether higher or lower, but I typically like to stay somewhere in there. Of course, if you only give me a couple paragraphs but tons to work with, I will have no complaints! Just don't leave me hanging, yeah? Whether 200 or 2000 words, I'd prefer quality over quantity. I also tend to play females, as it's most comfortable for me. However, I am willing to compromise and play male if the story compels me enough or if we're doubling up. :) I am currently only roleplaying male x female pairings. Sorry if that doesn't suit you.

Given that I'm a staff member here at Iwaku, I do have some extra responsibilities! While it's not the most time-consuming of jobs, I like to stay on top of my work and kiss up to the admins. So, if you ever see me flitting about online but not posting, I'm probably doing just that! No worries, I haven't forgotten about you! Just be warned that, while I can chug out replies within a day or so, it's not a common thing with me. Unless I'm just struck with inspiration, you typically won't see more than one reply per week. Sometimes I'll end up even slower than that. This has nothing to do with a lack of interest or even a lack of time. I'm just one of those people that likes her replies to be as wonderful as possible, and that requires a great deal of mental and creative energy on my end. Taking some time helps me think! If you're willing to wait a little while, I'll be sure to make it worth your while!

I think that covers all the important stuff about me! If you're at all interested, either post here or send me a PM! Thanks!

• What I Expect from You
    >>Please put effort into your posts. As I said before, I prefer quality over quantity, but I still like to have details! Purple prose is one of my favorite things to read/write, though I'm admittedly still learning how to write it cohesively. SO! Don't be afraid to lay on the details, even if they seem like fluff. I'll still enjoy reading and replying to it! :)

>>Depending on the story, I'd be willing to roleplay almost any age, though I typically stay within late-teens to late-twenties. So, just be aware of that!

>>I don't care if you're a bluestar or a redstar. Just remember that I'm still a bluestar, so smut is definitely off-limits if you're over 18. For those under 18, I'll reiterate that I'm going to be turning 18 this year. Of course, I don't have any preference for smut, and I'm not particularly in the mood for it right now. But, who knows? Just keep all that in mind.

>>Be willing to contribute to the plot! For most of my 1x1 roleplays, there's a great deal of plotting and even worldbuilding before characters are even created. I like taking things from relative scratch, so if you're used to just going along for the ride...we're probably not compatible.

>>Communicate with me! Don't be shy! I love the community here, and I love building friendships with my partners. If we become friends, it'll also make everything hella easier as far as communication goes. I don't bite, I promise!

>>Be flexible! My life goes through cycles of being batshit crazy to nice and calm. If I seem inactive for a week or so, feel free to poke at me a bit! Just know that, even if you do, I might still not have enough energy to reply yet. That's just how I roll, man. As long as you can work with me on that, we'll do just fine! I'm hella patient on my end, so I'm always willing to wait for you!

>>If, for some reason, I don't think we'd be compatible partners, I will be honest with you about it. Please don't take it personally. I have a specific style, so of course there are styles that are going to clash with mine. When this happens, I lose almost all of my inspiration and motivation to contribute to the story. That's no fun for me or you! Should this happen, I will let you know. And vice versa! If you think that we're incompatible for whatever reason, just tell me! I will definitely understand. :)

>>I prefer roleplaying in the forums, as PM roleplaying feels a bit stifling to me. I'll communicate and plot over PM, but I'd like to actually roleplay in the forums. Thanks!

• Pairings
    Preferred Role
    **Craving**
    **Knight x Prince/Princess**
    **Prince x Princess**
    Knight x Knight
    **Assassin x Assassin**
    **Criminal x Detective**
    Criminal x Criminal
    Soldier x Soldier
    Angel x Demon
    Demon x Human
    **Hero x Villain**
    Hero x Hero
    Villain x Villain

Plots
    Just Another Assassination

~~This can be roleplayed in almost any setting, but I prefer medieval/fantasy~~
    Character A is a world-class assassin, known for their perfect record. Their real identity is a mysterious, known instead as "Crimson." Character B is a {depends on setting} that has found incriminating information, and Character A has been hired to silence them and take back the information at all costs. The only catch is that A and B are childhood friends. More than that, they were like family. Can B finish the job, or will a whole new set of danger await them both?

Demons Consume Dark Hearts
    ~~Any Setting~~
    Character A has lived for thousands of years, cursed by an ancient demon trying to humor himself. Jaded and filthy rich, A has tried many times to end their miserable existence but to no avail. They thought they were alone, until they met Character B. B is also cursed, but their curse is just the opposite. They know the second of the day that they will die, and their time has been taken from them. They have a single year left to live, and they are determined to live until the end. By what they thought was a chance meeting, A and B have yet to realize that their only hope is found in each other. But the greatest obstacle is not time; it is the darkness festering in their hearts. After all, demons only consume dark hearts.

~~More Plots to Come~~

Code:
[div=float: center; max-width: 800px !important; max-width: 600px; padding: 8px; margin: auto; border: 10px double #COLOR; border-radius: 15px;
background-image: url(http://static.tumblr.com/0c38cc90087c72e5dfdf683f9511edfe/qqwuf2z/C0Hmkif2k/tumblr_static_star--background-seamless-repeating9_copy2.jpg);
background-position: repeat center fixed; ""hr="border: 2px solid black"]
[IMG]http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170418/340cee4b19144b3f6e4a4d5dbe80ea70.png[/IMG][tabs][tab]CONTENT[/tab][/tabs][/div]
Fonts:
Merienda (7)
Abel (5, bold)

Age_of_Terror_image.jpg

In a land known as Eymia, monsters roam wild, slaughtering their victims as they please. These terrible beings are a new phenomenon to this world, and there is no benevolent god to save the innocent. They must fight for their survival or watch the world around them burn.
8208f8057896301a7b0e52d9c10fb5fa.png

The world of Eymia is in chaos. Monsters such as dragons, Cerberus, and even banshees ravage the eight kingdoms, and only the Queen's Hellhounds from Donnwick stand a real chance against them. They are an elite force, defeating one monster at a time. But every time they seem to get closer to eradicating the threat, more monsters appear. No one knows where they have come from or who created them. It is only certain that they are here to utterly destroy everything you hold dear.

You are a member of the most elite company in the Queen's Hellhounds--the Rose Company. Your commander is Crown Princess Artemis Carrow of Donnwick. Although you have the confidence of Eymia, you know that the situation is only getting worse. And recently, the monsters have begun to attack like a well-trained army, where before their movements seemed entirely random. It is up to you and the rest of your company to save Eymia, but you're not entirely sure it's possible...​
598c27a3c36d8ec7fbeeea37f41bd3a3.png

Hello! Welcome to The Queen's Hellhounds, a medieval fantasy roleplay set in the world of Eymia! This is a concept that I've been working on for over a year now, and I'm happy to finally get it off the ground! While there are many sandbox elements to this roleplay, there will be a definitive plot that our characters will follow. However, the decisions of the characters will play a major role in how this all plays out!

First and foremost, allow me to introduce my co-GM, @Joan! She's one of the first people that I dragged to the depths of Iwaku, and I like to think it was a marvelous decision. #JoRu That being said, let me note that if you have any questions about the setting or lore, you're probably better off asking me. While Joan has been with me through the entire creative process, I've come up with basically everything you see here. Some of the information might be bouncing around in my head, but probably not poor Joan's! She's mainly here to help me keep things running smoothly (and to tell me if one of my many ideas is just plain terrible). Please show her respect! Her word is law, as is mine.

Now, without further ado...a shit ton of information that hopefully doesn't kill your interest by the end!​
1402542eb80fbc63125bfd40dab1723c.png

For the past several decades, a variety of monsters have ravaged the land of Eymia. Some show formidable intelligence, striking their enemies when they are most vulnerable. Others appear to be mindless beasts, destroying and killing whenever they have the chance. In response to these threats, the previous Queen of Donnwick put together an elite military force comprised of the best fighters and sorcerers throughout all of Eymia. Now led by the Crown Princess of Donnwick herself, the Hellhounds have quickly evolved into the mortal realm's one and only fighting chance against the threat of monsters.​

• 501653-warrior-fantasy_art-flag-748x563.jpg

The Queen's Hellhounds, more commonly known as simply the Hellhounds, are a specially trained and small army of trusted individuals handpicked by Queen Adira herself. They are the only group able to take on the threat of monsters, and nearly all of the soldiers in this army are capable of high forms of magic. Crowned Princess Artemis Carrow leads the Hellhounds herself, and she has gained massive popularity through her efforts as their leader.

Before anyone can hope to join the Hellhounds, they must first be nominated by an upstanding noble from any kingdom or a member of the royal family. After nomination, Queen Adira chooses whether or not to accept them. Should they be accepted, they are then permitted to receive eight weeks of specialized training at the Hellhounds' training center in Cypress District. After training, they are then personally evaluated by Princess Artemis, who then makes the final decision whether they will join the Hellhounds. If they are rejected, they have a final chance to receive supplementary training (lasting four weeks) and a second evaluation by both the princess and Queen Adira. Should they fail the second evaluation, they are no longer permitted within Cypress District and are wholly rejected from the Hellhounds. Originally, there was no supplementary training or second evaluation. However, due to the high demand for able fighters, Princess Artemis decided to implement this "second chance" training for the sake of boosting the ranks of the Hellhounds.

There are slightly over 1500 men and women currently serving in the Hellhounds. Many travel outside of Donnwick to help the kingdom's allies. The ranks of the Hellhounds are as follows:

• Grand Knight - the lowest rank, the equivalent of grunt status (called Grand so as not to confuse with Knights of the formal Queen's Army)
    • Paladin - achieved through bravery and commendation by one's direct superior, usually a captain
    • Lieutenant - achieved through promotion by a captain or higher, usually serves as the direct second-in-command to a captain
    • Captain - achieved through promotion by a marshal or higher, commands a company of 20-30 men
    • Marshal - achieved through promotion by the Commander or General, commands five captains and their men
    • Grand Marshal - achieved through promotion by the General, commands three marshals and all under them
    • Commander - achieved through nomination by the General and promotion by the Queen, second-in-command to the General
    • General - highest commander of the Hellhounds, currently Princess Artemis

In formal armies, it would take years for soldiers to climb the ranks. In the case of the Hellhounds, it is quite different. In the first place, each member was chosen for their elite skills, so there is almost no need for them to gain more years of experience. Furthermore, due to the alarming death rates of the Hellhounds, it is necessary for promotions to be given based on achievement rather than time. And there is plenty of opportunity for achievement. As it is, it can take less than five years for a Grand Knight to become a Marshal, if they prove themselves. However, attaining promotions also requires that there be an available slot. To prevent an imbalance of rank, the Hellhounds are currently limited to 60 lieutenants/captains, 12 marshals, and 4 grand marshals.

The Rose Company
    Rose_Company.jpg

Although peasants who join the Hellhounds are not officially allowed to rank above captains, the General can circumvent this, in a manner of speaking, by choosing them to be part of her personal company. Formally called the Rose Company, they are the elite of the elite. They have been chosen by the General for their skill, their dedication, and their achievements. Although they go on the smallest number of missions out of all the companies, they also go on the most dangerous. They have the highest survival rate, as well as the highest success rate. It is here that Princess Artemis truly shines as a leader, as her victories have more often than not been won by her superior strategies. Realistically speaking, the members of the Rose Company have far greater weight in their status than that of even a Grand Marshal.
  • The exact origin of the monsters that threaten Eymia is not actually known, but the more superstitious speculate that they have been sent here by the gods as divine punishment. Whatever the case may be, most of these creatures possess little to no sentience or independent thought. Those that do still seem to be driven by bloodlust and animalistic instinct, their sole purpose to kill any mortal they come across. They include giants, dragons, cerberus, banshees, sea serpents, and Reapers.

Giants
    Giants.jpg

Giants are perhaps the least intelligent species to ever walk in this world. What they lack in mind, however, they make up in strength. These monsters stand as tall as trees, with long limbs and hands the size of boulders. Their steps shake the earth beneath them, and animals flee from their presence. Thickly coiled muscles only add to the horror of their appearance. They have the twisted face of a man, with large noses and rotting teeth. Thick manes of hair often cover their face, chest, hands, and feet. Their eyes are surprisingly small, but they are able to see their prey with terrifying clarity. It is possible to escape from these monsters on horseback, but even then it would be a narrow escape at best. Only by outwitting these creatures can anyone hope to survive.

Dragons
    12855-artwork-dragon-fantasy_art.jpg

Dragons have a far greater intelligence than might be expected of a monster, but they are fiercely territorial. Though few in number, they are capable of mass destruction. Small towns seems to dwarf in size when faced with these massive creatures. Because of their sheer size, they are one of the most difficult monsters to kill. Luckily, they rarely ever leave their established territory. Not even the Hellhounds are foolhardy enough to face these monsters unless absolutely necessary. They breathe fire, are equipped with claws and teeth as sharp as swords, and have wings capable of leveling whole towns. Although capable of communicating with mortals, they rarely ever do so in favor of slaughtering whoever dares to challenge them.

Cerberus
    226515_5595411.jpg

The infamous three-headed dog...cerberus are the second rarest of all monsters. With black fur and glowing red eyes, they appear to have been bred in darkness itself. Although intelligent, these creatures are most dangerous for their hunting capabilities. They will choose a single target and hunt that target across the world if necessary. No one knows for sure how they choose their prey, but it is certain that they do as they will ignore all other creatures during their hunt. They are only slightly easier to kill than dragons, as they are smaller in size and only equipped with claws and teeth. What makes them most dangerous is that they are able to quite literally blend into shadows, moving unseen and unheard until they decide to strike. Only powerful magic can force the cerberus out of hiding, so it stands that only powerful sorcerers can hope to defeat these creatures.

Banshees
    deathshriek_banshee_by_velinov-d494yx4.jpg

Banshees are perhaps the smallest of the monsters, but they are still quite deadly. They stand at an average of six feet and are often dressed in strange clothes. They have long, curly hair and grey-tinted skin. The most defining aspect of their looks, however, is their face. Their eyes are completely white, as if the irises have been erased. Their teeth are long and sharp, capable of ripping through skin and bone. Their flesh smells and looks of rot, with their mouths hanging open in an eternal scream. The scream itself can be just as fatal as any other attack, and it is what they are most known for. High-pitched and wailing, banshees can shatter ear drums and drive even the most strong-willed of people insane. Protection against their screams is vital to defeating them, and it is not entirely easy to do so. Although no larger than a man, they are quick and can only be killed by piercing through their open mouth. All other parts of their body will regenerate almost instantly. Even if they lose a leg, a new one will appear in its place.

Sea Serpents
    71528bf0139226245771e358e3f316dd.jpg

These monsters would be more aptly named giant eels than sea serpents, but the name does not change its monstrous qualities. These creatures are larger than even dragons, able to swallow whole fishing boats. Their long, eel-like bodies are capable of wrapping around and crushing ships and other objects too large for its maw. They see perfectly even in deep waters. Perhaps the most terrifying aspect of sea serpents, however, is their ability to almost perfectly camouflage themselves in the surrounding environment, even despite their size. Only those who live underwater, like merpeople, are able to see a difference. By then, it's already too late. The only fortunate facet of sea serpents is that they are limited to the open sea, and they are weak to the sun. Ships that stay close to shore and sail during the day will most likely come back unharmed. Nevertheless, their presence in open waters has forced the merpeople to flee onto land.

Reapers
    152554-fantasy_art-Grim_Reaper-748x561.jpg

The reapers are perhaps the most mysterious and most threatening of all the monsters. Even their appearance is only speculation, and anyone who claims to have seen one is a liar. This is because there has only ever been one encounter with these creatures, and it was a devastating one. Almost half the Kingdom of Kiallan was destroyed by a reaper, and the only reason the land survived at all was because it simply disappeared.

One thing is for certain. Should a reaper ever decide to make itself known again, it may very well bring the end of the mortal world.
  • After the creation of Eymia, there were six mortal races: humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, merpeople, and dryads. Because of war and chaos, the dryads are no more. Hybrids of these different races are few and far between, as it is generally considered a taboo to have relations with the other races. This is in part due to social stigmas but mostly due to the fact that hybrid children generally suffer from deformities and fail to live past adolescence.

Humans
    3515107f47035ebbd8e5377eb4410eda.jpg

Humans are the typical race found on this world. As such, they have dominated most societies, and Donnwick is no exception. Although Donnwick is known for its diversity, humans still have the upper hand in politics, culture, and general society. They come in all shapes and sizes, from lean to obese. Males are typically 5’9” to 6’2”, while females remain smaller in stature at 5’1” to 5’8”. There are, of course, those who are shorter or taller than average. Because of the larger discrepancies with the other mortal races, there is no racism between humans themselves.

Human society is known not only for its innovation and ability to adapt but also for its corruption and lust for power. They have the most prominence in the world, and many of them are more than willing to “share” their wealth with the rest of the races. This has led to a history of oppression and, in some cases, outright slavery. In the last several centuries, the oppression has waned to common prejudice, and slavery has been outlawed in all known kingdoms. Human society has become split, with about half calling for the acceptance of most races and the other half believing in man’s superiority.

Elves
    Elves.jpg

Elves are the second most common race. For every three humans, there is about one elf. Although most elves live in the Elvish Kingdom of Laeva, mass emigrations centuries ago have led to a more widespread population. Donnwick holds one of the most concentrated populations of elves, with at least one elf for every two humans. As such, they have maintained a fair influence on society and have not received much prejudice, in part due to their ethereal grace and beauty.

Male elves are substantially taller than male humans, with the shortest among them being at least 6’3”. Some have reached heights of almost 8”, though this is not common. The women are only slightly shorter than the men, with their shortest at around 5’11” and their tallest at a little over 7”. They have soft features, lean bodies, and the typical pointed ears. Most elves keep their hair long, although short-haired elves are not uncommon. Notably, many elves will get decorative tattoos on their face as a representation of their magical ability. It is usually considered taboo for non-magical elves to receive these tattoos.

They have the best propensity for magic among the races, especially nature magic, and typically live ten human lifetimes or more. The main reason they are not the dominant race is that most elven women cannot bear more than one child. The most damaging reputation for elves is that they are a detached and somewhat selfish people, quicker to protect their own than the lives of others.

Dwarves
    maxresdefault.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, dwarves are not dim-witted and greedy mountainmen. In fact, they are the most influential scholars in the world. With hoards of knowledge in their mountain keeps, dwarves are shrewdly intelligent creatures. Stout and quite hairy, their status as esteemed scholars saves them from the brunt of prejudice. However, they are not nearly as protected as elves, as they only number about one dwarf for every eight humans.

They are a predominantly isolated people, although some venture out into the human world as diplomats and advisers. The tallest dwarf, according to legend, reached a mighty 5’8”, although this has never been confirmed. They have the weakest affinity for magic among the races, but it should be noted that those who do have magic most often prove themselves to be among the powerful. Their illustrious halls attract scholars from all around the world, as they are said to house the greatest wealth of knowledge. Consilium, the largest of these halls, is surprisingly found in Donnwick rather than Mirilind, the Dwarven Lands. It is located ten miles east of Delphos in the Siane Mountains, and most dwarves who guard that knowledge live in Delphos.

Although diplomatic, dwarves should not be mistaken for gentle. Those who do not dedicate their lives to knowledge go on to become fierce warriors, mainly protecting their kin against hostilities. The most notable faults of the dwarven race is that they have a tendency to be arrogant, if not openly condescending.

Merpeople
    Asian-Oriental-Girls-Women-font-b-Mermaid-b-font-Fishes-Poster-Fabric-Silk-font-b-Fantasy.jpg

Throughout history, merpeople were rarely seen by mortals living on land, although they did make appearances. Due to the mysterious nature of their society, some believe (and fear) that merpeople outnumber land-dwellers 10 to 1. This is, of course, outrageously false. While merpeople have a formidable population (almost as numerous as humans, in fact), they are deeply divided by strict hierarchies and warring families. Although they rarely resort to open violence, the perpetuated conflicts of the merpeople have prevented them from becoming a presence on land.

Although merpeople have the ability to take on a “land form” (which basically permits them to walk and breathe on land), they cannot sustain it for more than a few weeks at a time. As such, permanent residency on land has remained mostly impossible. However, with the relatively new presence of monsters in their waters, merpeople have suddenly appeared in droves, often shoved off to Fort Lancer where they have easy access to a large body of water.

When shifting to their land forms, merpeople still retain most of their features, which often includes fins and even scales on their face, arms, and legs. Because of this and other reasons, they have been heavily scorned on land, especially by humans. They are often seen as savages, and the description is not entirely inaccurate. Although merpeople society is entirely complex, they are a relatively primitive race in regards to technology and weaponry. They also tend to be rather volatile and distrusting, which has resulted in several violent encounters in the last several years (although it should be noted that, in most cases, the merpeople involved were not unprovoked). Folklore has only perpetuated the stigmas against merpeople, as old sailor tales paint them as murderous creatures luring innocent men to their deaths.

Orcs
    Orcs.jpg

The orcs are the most hated among the mortal races, even among those who have experienced prejudice themselves. If merpeople are seen as savages, orcs are seen as almost the equivalent of monsters. This is mostly due to the infamous Savage War that spanned nearly two centuries. The first major war recorded in history, the Savage War waged when the orc population outnumbered all others. In fact, until the end of the war, orcs had always been the dominant race. It was only due to their intense tribal traditions (akin to merpeople, in that respect) that humans still remained at the top of “civilized” society.

After the war, the orcs only had a few dozen left of each of their tribes. As the years went on, they lost much of their culture. Now, almost all of them have no idea why they divided into tribes, and their ancient traditions are no longer kept simply because no one remembers them. They breed their sons and daughters for a war that may never be fought, and they refuse to accept anyone who is not of their own.

Brutish in both appearance and manner, orcs are even taller than elves. Reaching an upwards of ten feet with thickly muscled bodies, they often decorate themselves with piercings and tribal jewelry that has lost its true meaning. Due to the constant fighting, there is rarely ever an orc that is not scarred. Orcs most commonly have grey or light brown skin, with harshly pointed ears and a tuft of dark hair on their heads. Although orcs do have males and females, it is almost impossible to find the distinction unless one grew up among them.

Orcs who find themselves outside of Griar are usually hated, although they can be legally accepted anywhere. These orcs rarely ever leave their homeland by choice. Instead, they are usually banished for one reason or another--often for defying tradition or refusing to fight a battle. Most have ended up in Donnwick, as it is currently the most diverse of all the kingdoms. They have also heard rumors of a lovely little river town where prejudice and fighting doesn't exist at all.

Dryads
    Dryad.jpg

Legend states that dryads used to rule over the natural world, being at one with the very essence of life. They were a peaceful and gentle race, almost never resorting to violence unless it was in defense of their charges (oftentimes a particular forest or group of animals). The other races originally believed the dryads to be immortal, but this was not true. Rather, their life force was irrevocably tied to their charge and its descendants. If they succeeded in protecting it, they could potentially live until the end of days, as their life force would be passed down generation to generation.

It was not meant to be. When Eymia first descended into the chaos of the Savage War, nature was left out of the fighting. But as the war dragged on, the other races--especially humans and orcs--began using vile methods to win victories, burning down whole forests in their warpath and slaughtering animals to feed their armies. As forests burned and animals died, so did the dryads. 200 years ended and so did the war, but the damage was done. Somehow, amidst the chaos, the dryads were no more.

History blames the extinction of this ancient race on the orcs. In reality, it was the fault of all mortal races, except for the elves who understood the importance of nature. Even so, they did little to stop the destruction. As the years went on, nature recuperated despite the loss, and the task of protecting nature was passed onto the elves by an unknowable force. However, even though elves can understand nature, they are not connected to it as the dryads were. It seems that the lesson has been learned.
  • alex-shiga-2016-08il-merchant-ch-a.jpg

Currency & Commerce
    Commerce throughout Eymia has been stifled in recent years due to the monster threat, but life must go on at some point. Trade routes have become limited been limited to reduce the chance of being attacked by monsters. Donnwick has become the main trader of goods among the kingdoms due to the diverse landscape of its land. They grow staple foods like potatoes and grain, as well as luxury foods like fruit. They are also known for their quality wines. Most importantly, however, they have access to the iron and precious metals in the Siane Mountains, which continues to keep the economy strong and the armory well-stocked.

In recent years, those who can afford to do so have paid quite handsomely for "magical blessings" that supposedly provide some protection from the monsters. It is not proven one or the other if these blessings actually work, but people have become desperate enough to try everything they can to save their own skin.

The currency of Eymia is the same throughout all the kingdoms, although bartering is common in smaller towns that have less coin. Listed below are the conversions for the coinage in Eymia.

One gold bar is equivalent to five gold pieces.
    One gold piece is equivalent to twenty-five silver bars.
    One silver bar is equivalent to five silver pieces.
    One silver piece is equivalent to fifty copper pieces.

To put the currency into perspective, the following is a list of common items and their usual price. Due to the monster threat, common goods have suffered from inflation even in Donnwick. Following the usual price is the current inflated price of these goods.

• One loaf of bread -- ten copper pieces -- fifteen copper pieces
    • One sack of potatoes -- fifteen copper pieces -- twenty copper pieces
    • Pint of ale (medium quality) -- ten copper pieces -- twenty copper pieces
    • Pint of ale (high quality) -- twenty copper pieces -- one silver piece
    • Barrel of wine (medium quality) -- two silver pieces -- one silver bar (or five silver pieces)
    • Barrel of wine (high quality) -- one silver bar -- two silver bars (or ten silver pieces)
    • Sword (low quality) -- one silver bar -- five silver bars (or twenty-five silver pieces)
    • Sword (high quality) -- two gold pieces -- one gold bar (or five gold pieces)
    • Annual Taxes (lower class) -- one silver bar -- two silver bars (or ten silver pieces)
    • Annual Taxes (middle class) -- two silver bars -- three silver bars (or fifteen silver pieces)
    • Annual Taxes (upper class) -- three gold bars -- four gold bars (or twenty gold pieces)
    • Annual Taxes (nobility) -- five gold bars -- eight gold bars (or forty gold pieces)

Those who fail to pay their taxes will have their property seized by the Queen's Army. If a family does not own property, they do not have to pay annual taxes. Unfortunately, the increase in taxes has resulted in many lower class and even middle class families losing their homes.

20150129_5dev_by_len_yan-d8jcpz8.jpg

Religion
    For several centuries, the influence of religion has waned considerably. Although most people believe that the world was created by several gods, very few actively worship these beings, and most only have a vague idea of what "god" really means. The ancient temples of old have long since crumbled to ruins, and those that still actively worship are labeled as fanatics.

Historical accounts suggest that the universe began with a group of five gods, each with separate tasks in the creation of Eymia. It is widely accepted that one of these gods bestowed magic upon the mortal races. Furthermore, most respectable historians agree that the gods have long since crossed over to the spiritual realm (i.e. the afterlife). The notion that any god still remains within the physical realm is most often dismissed as nonsense. More or less, there is no point in praying or worshiping these gods because they are no longer here.

9c09a3faf41dfca3337fb3763a669bef.jpg

Crime Syndicates
    Every world has a darker side to it, and Eymia is no exception. In recent years, a variety of crime syndicates have risen to power, growing in their greed as chaos continues to ensue throughout the world. These criminal groups are involved in all manner of illicit activities, including thievery, murder, slavery, and dark sorcery.

The syndicates are known for their ruthless tactics and violent rivalries. Extremely territorial, they rarely ever allow members of a rival syndicate to trespass unscathed. Many skirmishes between these criminals has resulted in the deaths of the innocent.

Garas Harbor is the most notorious location for crime, as there are several syndicates who have risen to power there. Unfortunately, the monster threat prevents the Queen's Army from doing much to combat these criminals. For now, they run rampant, unchecked and dangerous.

4a919c3cdea95eba01528dc9fe201797.png

Eymia_world_map.jpg

The ancient queendom of Donnwick serves as the main setting for The Queen's Hellhounds. However, each of the eight nations is of fundamental importance to the plot and setting as a whole. As such, I've provided in-depth information below, although Donnwick will obviously be the most fleshed out. The five human kingdoms (i.e. predominantly ruled by humans) include Donnwick, Kiallan, Eredien, and Rynal. Collectively, they are known simply as The Five Kingdoms.

• Ruins.jpg

General Information
    Before the destruction of the Reaper, Kiallan was a prosperous kingdom built upon the strength of its rulers. It was well-known for the mysterious strength of its sorcerers, and Kiallan's famous Wistoria Academy trained the best magic-users in all of Eymia. Sadly, the academy was one of the first places to be utterly destroyed by the Reaper.

The previous king, killed in the attack, was a shrewd and cunning man who was widely known for his decisive leadership. His son, barely older than a child at fourteen years old, survived the desolation but is no more than a figurehead. His advisers now hold the power, and they are a greedy lot corrupted by fear and self-preservation.

The people have suffered. With half of the kingdom in ruins, those that remain have either left the kingdom entirely or clawed their way through survival. The economy has fallen apart, and crime runs the daily lives of the citizens more than anything else. The only reason that any citizens still remain is because, since the destruction caused by the Reaper, most of the kingdom has remained relatively unaffected by the monsters that run rampant throughout the rest of the land.

Even monsters fear Death itself.

The Puppet King
    Puppet_King.jpg

Forced into the position of king at a young age, King Dorian of Kiallan holds little power, despite what his advisers espouse. Due to the nature of his inexperience, he's been easily manipulated by the officials of his court, and it has been many months since he's been outside his palace. Anyone who attempts to show the young king the reality of the outside world mysteriously disappears. As it is, he is under the strange belief that Kiallan is recovering splendidly. Rumor has it that he's under the influence of magic, but no one can be completely sure.

Oris: The Fallen Capital
    Capital_of_Kiallan.jpg

Although the capital of Kiallan looks glistening and undamaged from the outside, it has long since lost the grandeur of previous generations. The people barely survive within its illustrious architecture, and even the nobility cannot ignore the constant smell of death and decay. The crumbling military of Kiallan is wholly dedicated to removing the dead from the city--a hopeless effort to prevent disease from spreading. Inexplicably, King Dorian remains blissfully unaware of the suffering that occurs outside his gleaming castle.
  • 855967bf7736492edf43354f4730f781.jpg

General Information
    Throughout its long and illustrious history, Eredien has been known for its rejection of traditional values. Along with Donnwick, it was the first of the Five Kingdoms to outlaw slavery, although the institution of slavery was remarkably uncommon even before it was outlawed. The country is ruled by the Royal Council, made up of three individuals hailing from the Founders.

The Founders consist of three separate families: Eris, Talon, and Vale. The Eris family typically trains the next High General of the Royal Council. The Talon family grooms the next High Sorcerer, and the Vale family produces the next High Governor. Although the positions on the Royal Council are hereditary, the people of Eredien have always retained the right to depose a member by majority vote if they are viewed as unfit. Oddly enough, this has rarely happened in the Royal Council's long history.

Since the monster crisis began, Eredien's economy has suffered due to their reliance on imports from the other kingdoms. However, they have managed to stay somewhat afloat due to their strong alliance with Donnwick. From the beginning, Donnwick agreed to pay any nation willing to send their best fighters and sorcerers to join the Hellhounds. Eredien managed to work this agreement even more to their favor, exchanging their fighters for valuable goods that Donnwick produced. As a consequence, the crime rate has increased all throughout the kingdom, simply because they lack the resources to fight against it.

The Royal Council

High_Sorceror.jpg

High Sorcerer: Beyne Talon
    The High Sorcerer in Eredien deals primarily with magical laws, overseeing the academies, and ensuring that any dangerous sorcerer is quickly dealt with. They are the most powerful magic-user in Eredien, usually hailing from the Talon family. The Talon family itself produces sorcerers of great strength and intelligence, hence their tendency to produce the next High Sorcerer.

The current High Sorcerer of Eredien, Beyne Talon, is also the most talented seer that the world has seen for centuries. However, his Sight has inexplicably been blocked ever since the first monster attacked many decades ago. Perhaps most worrisome is the fact that he was unable to predict the threat in the first place.

High_General.jpg

High General: Zaria Eris
    The High General manages the military of Eredien and oversees foreign diplomacy. Military infrastructure, such as forts and training facilities, are also managed by the High General. More often than not, the High General is capable of wielding magic, but it is not a requirement. Rather, they are chosen for their intelligence and leadership capabilities, usually groomed from a long line of war heroes in the Eris family.

Zaria Eris is the current High General of Eredien, and she is a true enigma. Unlike most candidates for High General, she married into the Eris family, being a full-blooded elf born in one of the many Elvish communities scattered throughout the kingdom. She served under the previous High General and climbed her way through the ranks of the Eredien army. When her engagement to a young man in the Eris family was announced, she used her established influence to achieve the position of High General. So far, she has proven herself well enough among the people, although the recent monster crisis has caused her popularity to decrease quite substantially.

High_Governor.jpg

High Governor: Maris Talon
    The High Governor in Eredien is much like a queen or king but without absolute power. They act as both figurehead and legislator, managing the culture and the everyday laws of the kingdom. Their jurisdiction is perhaps the most direct in the Royal Council, as they usually act as judge and jury for high-profile cases. However, the High Governor holds no power over the army, and magical affairs are left to the High Sorcerer. In particular cases that threaten the stability of the whole kingdom, the Royal Council will make decisions collectively, but rumors suggest that the High Governor holds the most influence.

Maris Talon is the most recent addition to the Royal Council, and she is also the youngest. At the ripe age of 29, she's been forced into the position prematurely due to the mysterious death of the previous High Governor. Nevertheless, she has already accomplished impressive feats in her short time. It was her actions that led to the exchange of fighters and goods between Eredien and Donnwick, practically saving the kingdom's economy in the process. Still, the people begin to lose faith as more and more innocent lives are lost to the monsters that ravage the land.

Bellhorn: The Shining Star
    Capital_of_Eredien.jpg

Eredien's capital, Bellhorn, has been affectionately named "The Shining Star" for several centuries, but its reputation has diminished in recent years. The city is flooded with refugees from nearby towns and villages, leading to poverty and overwhelming crime. The army can do little about the chaos, as they have their hands full dealing with monsters in the countryside. However, the worsening conditions are a small price to pay for those who want to escape death, as Bellhorn has managed to evade destruction due to its high walls and substantial defense. As the fighting continues outside the city, however, many are beginning to wonder just how long this fading star can remain lit.
  • treasury_by_realnam-d7wda4b.jpg

General Information
    For several centuries, Baemar has rivaled with Donnwick for the best trading routes and control of the iron and copper mines found in the Siane Mountains. War has broken out between the two kingdoms in the past, but hostile relations have since lessened to an unsteady peace. Due to the outbreak of monsters, Baemar has entered into a temporary alliance with Donnwick--if only for the valuable protection afforded by the Hellhounds. So far, the alliance has remained strong enough to last several decades, but the stubborn will of the king may put this into jeopardy.

Baemar managed to save its economy due to the value of its exports and the sheer size of the royal treasury. For many generations, the rulers of this kingdom have exhibited extreme miser tendencies, resulting in a treasury that overflows with wealth built up over centuries. Because of the crisis, the current king decided to open the treasury enough to keep Baemar afloat, and it has worked so far. As the monster threat continues, however, some are beginning to believe that the "generosity" of the king may not be enough.

The Miser King
    Miser_King.jpg

Like his ancestors, King Asmar has rightfully earned the title of "The Miser King" in the land of Eymia. It took several years before he finally decided to open his coffers for the sake of his people, and even then it was only just enough. Some paint him as a wise ruler, giving only what is needed and saving the rest for the years to come. However, many view him as selfish, as he allows even his nobility to fall into poverty. Whatever the case may be, he has singlehandedly prevented Baemar's economy from completely collapsing, and only the future will tell if his choices will truly benefit his people.

Arvena: City of Riches
    Capital_of_Baemar.jpg

Before the monster crisis began, Arvena stood tall as the richest city throughout all of Eymia. Poverty was practically nonexistent, and even peasants could live comfortably. Merchants and dreamers gathered from all around the world to taste even a small piece of the wealth to be had in Arvena. Unfortunately, most would never find the chance to stay, as every person hoping to live there is forced to go through an intense application process. Only those who prove themselves worth having get the chance. Even the nobility must go through the process--albeit with a monetary advantage that usually helps things along.

Nowadays, this "City of Riches" has fallen from grace. It has suffered from several monster attacks, especially from giants and banshees. Although the damage is not massive, it is enough to cause panic and fear. Some have even decided to leave the capital altogether, despite the grueling process they had to go through to live there in the first place. Furthermore, poverty has now poisoned the streets of Arvena where before it hardly existed at all. Now, it seems to be just like any other major city in Eymia--tainted by crime and corruption.
  • 19818-army-shields-fantasy_art-748x421.jpg

General Information
    Legend states that the first king of Rynal caused the Savage War, but no one can know for sure. Whatever the case may be, the people of this kingdom have maintained their reputation as warmongers for centuries. Their army is well-known to be one of the fiercest, mostly due to the vigorous training. As a consequence, many outsiders view Rynal as violent, comparing their traditions to those of the Orcish tribes.

Regardless, the kingdom has remained surprisingly stable since the monsters first began to appear throughout Eymia. Their economy has barely suffered, and their army is self-sufficient enough that the Hellhounds aren't usually needed. In fact, it wasn't until the appearance of dragons and Cerberus that Rynal finally opened its borders to assistance from the Hellhounds. Since then, Rynal has sent some of its fighters to Donnwick, but they are rarely ever considered the best in their armies. In fact, rumor has it that those they send have been dishonorably discharged from service in the King's Army, though this remains just a rumor for now. Despite this, the fighters they send typically find success in the Hellhounds' ranks, mostly due to the nature of their training.

The Warrior King
    Warrior_King.jpg

King Gideon of Rynal has built his reputation around his uncompromising will and ability to command his army. He does not tolerate insubordination, but the people are rewarded with one of the best strategists throughout Eymia. Through his ingenious strategies, the damage caused by the monsters has been minimized for several years. His people live in relative safety in comparison to the rest of the world, due to the strength of Rynal's army and the intelligence of their king. Furthermore, his wife, Queen Camilla, is no small force to be reckoned with. She's rumored to be a skilled warrior and a powerful sorceress, willing to fight alongside her husband.

Mantes: City of Warriors
    Capital_of_Rynal.jpg

Built to withstand weeks of invasion, Rynal's capital functions as the center of military activity. The army is given precedence throughout the entire kingdom, but it is especially true in Mantes. Most of the residents are soldiers and their families, and the nobility that live there are required to raise at least one son or daughter to be an officer in the King's Army. Here, the Warrior King and Queen show their dominance, as they lead the army to victory. Or so they claim...
  • Eridia_Forest.jpg

General Information
    Ruled by centuries of tradition, the Kingdom of Laeva is perhaps the most static out of all the nations, given that their current rulers have been around for over a millenia. The elders of this kingdom have been alive since before the Savage War, and they are often described as jaded creatures full of distrust for outsiders. Admittedly, their caution is not ill-founded, as they have seen whole civilizations fall to the destruction of mortals. Not much is known about Laeva beyond rumors of a strict hierarchy and an unforgiving king.

Since the monster threat began, they have closed their borders to all the other nations except Donnwick. However, trade routes between Donnwick and Laeva are still heavily monitored, and the elves are not known to be very welcoming to uninvited outsiders. So far, they have refused assistance from the Queen's Hellhounds, despite the rumors that the Elvish people suffer greatly from attacks.

The Volatile King
    Elf_King.jpg

Rumors have widely circulated as to the nature of Laeva's king and queen. His rule over Laeva has not changed much since the kingdom's inception. King Theodas and Queen Elora have outlived many of their subjects, especially given the destruction of the Savage War. The king is not known for mercy, and rumor has it that he executed his own brother for disobeying a single order. Historical accounts suggest the king to be rather volatile, especially in comparison to other elves. More recently, speculation has arisen that King Theodas defeated a giant on his own, although anyone who has seen a giant will likely doubt such an outrageous story.

The Ethereal Queen
    Elf_Queen.jpg

Unlike her husband, Queen Elora has traveled outside Laeva's borders in recent centuries. She advocated for diplomacy between the Elvish kingdom and Donnwick, and it was through her efforts that Fulbridge City came to be. Historical accounts describe the queen as domineering but kind, willing to compromise in most situations. Many think her to be the steady hand of the Elvish monarchy. Where King Theodas may be turbulent and demanding, she remains calm and logical.

The Eternal City
    Terrafell_-_Capital_of_Laeva.jpg

Like many of the towns and villages scattered throughout Laeva, Terrafell is built into the trees of Eridia Forest. The capital's main defense lies in its mystery; it is nearly impossible for any outsider to find and reach the Elvish city. Anyone who tries will be intercepted by the Royal Guard before they come within ten miles of Terrafell. The main problem that the Elvish people face are the monsters that constantly encroach upon their territory. Otherwise, for all intents and purposes, "The Eternal City" could be considered a paradise with low crime rates and a high standard of living. At least, that's what the elves claim.
  • the_library_by_dawnelainedarkwood.jpg

General Information
    Mirilind is a mountainous region with the largest hoards of knowledge throughout all of Eymia. Great halls filled with ancient texts are built into the mountains themselves, and the dwarves typically live outside in the cold climate. Some say they value books more than their own comfort. Such a statement is not entirely inaccurate. For generations, Mirilind has stood as the nation of pious scholars, as the dwarves crave knowledge more than gold and jewels. They have also produced many fine warriors whose lives are dedicated to protecting the precious knowledge held within their mountain halls.

Unknown to outside nations, the people of Mirilind are dying. Since the monster threat began, something has poisoned this land. Women have been unable to produce children, and young dwarves die without any explanation. It is only by leaving Mirilind that they can hope to survive. But something is barring their way, and the other kingdoms are too wrapped up in their own problems to wonder at the terrible silence coming from the great mountain kingdom.

The Obstinate King
    Dwarven_King.jpg

Not much is known about King Dhufal of Mirilind. He is rumored to be stubborn yet wise, but even dwarves living outside of the kingdom are not entirely sure as to the character of the king. Given the disturbing silence of the last few decades, the people of Eymia may never really know.

Dunheim: City of Scholars
    Capital_of_Mirilind.jpg

Built high in the mountains, Dunheim is connected to the largest of the mountain halls in Mirilind. It serves as the central hub for knowledge seekers and religious fanatics. Astounding legends have led to the strange belief that a god sleeps beneath the city, although no one has ever encountered evidence of these rumors. Regardless, pious dwarves from all over Mirilind have flocked to Dunheim since the sickness began, hoping to receive grace from the sleeping god.
  • 0be1eb907bec0fb145fc251838ecf94d.jpg

General Information
    Since the Savage War, the orcs have lost their culture and traditions. They perform rituals without understanding their ancient meaning, and violence seems to be the one anchor for this disavowed race. They do not remember their gods, and they do not remember peace. Instead, they constantly fight with one another, refusing to accept outsiders even in the midst of the new threat of monsters. More than likely, they will destroy themselves before the monsters ever get the chance. Only those orcs that leave Griar have a chance to survive the constant conflict.

The orcs divide themselves into three main tribes: Arkon, Vorgird, and Irgil. The exact meaning of the tribe names has been lost to the generations. It is yet another consequence of the cultural erasure and near-genocide that occurred many centuries ago during the Savage War. Regardless of this fact, the Orcish people have clung to what few rituals and ceremonies have survived, even though their importance is not truly known even by the elders of the tribes. One prime example is the "rite of passage" undergone by every orc in a tribe. Although slightly different between tribes, the ritual remains mostly the same with ceremonial combat and a demonstration of skills. History suggests that these "rites of passage" used to be far more complex and meaningful. Unfortunately, they have since been reduced to a glorified display of fighting and gore, perpetuating the impression that orcs are mere "savages."

Orcish Warlords
    Orc_Warlord.jpg

Each tribe has their own Warlord. Although the position used to be attained by completing a variety of sacred rituals, an orc now receives the position if they manage to kill the previous Warlord. This has led to intense distrust between the so-called "leader" and the rest of the tribe. The Warlord is the one who decides where the tribe will move to at a given time, since the orcs are a nomadic people first and foremost. He or she also conducts any rituals or ceremonies, although there aren't many left.

Life in the Tribe
    Orc_Tribe.jpg

Each orc is expected to "pull their own weight" in a tribe. If they prove themselves to be weak or lazy, they are usually banished altogether without mercy. Banished orcs can never find shelter in another tribe, as they would be killed immediately just for being an outsider. Instead, they must leave Griar altogether and seek a new home elsewhere. In recent years, the number of banished orcs has grown exponentially, and no one is entirely sure why. Rumor has it that the monster threat has terrified even the most fierce of orcs, but some think the situation to be more complex than that. No one except the orcs will ever know for sure, as they are not likely to talk about their banishment.
c1b75cd2b125d644efc750023707921f.png

Donnwick_Map_-_Queen_s_Hellhounds.jpg

Donnwick has been established for hundreds of generations, evolving from a simple lordship of a long-forgotten region to the thriving queendom that it is today. Through the heavy influence of its strong queens and female propensity for magic, society became heavily matriarchal over the years, with gender equality only being realized after the efforts of a revolutionary queen. Influenced by both heavy tradition and the constant flow of ideas, lifestyles in Donnwick vary from radically new to traditionally ancient.

Nobility within Donnwick ebbs and flows with the generations, so much so that only the Carrow Family has stood against the sands of time. Because of this, they have settled themselves as the rightful heirs to the throne, and no one dares to go against their deep ancestry and deep pockets. Although each ruler is different from the last, they have almost all displayed a sense of power and wit. Carefully trained and bred for queenship, every daughter that does not meet expectations--regardless of birth status--is quickly cast aside to allow chance for someone who would surpass them.

For reasons not yet explained, not a single Queen of Donnwick has been faced without daughters to call heirs. Some owe it to a magical blessing given long ago; others whisper of scandalous affairs and daughters taken from their homes. In reality, the Queens owe their fortune to an eccentric sorceress who lived many centuries ago. Unfortunately, a debacle during the spell meant to bless them with female heirs also prevented the royal family from producing sons. Regardless, Donnwick has thrived not only due to the overall strength of its queens but also the ever-expanding wealth of its resources.

Queen Adira, Donnwick’s current ruler, has been considered by many to be a weak ruler in comparison to her ancestors. Faced with the constant fear of monsters and usurpation, Queen Adira has placed her promising but young daughter Artemis in charge of the Hellhounds. In the span of two years, the future queen has proven herself both in battle and politics, aiming to be a formidable foe to anyone who threatens the safety of her subjects. Already, people across the queendom look toward Crowned Princess Artemis rather than the queen, and it cannot be known what poor fortune such favoritism will bring.​

• 59cfe7154158592aa18cc2197fd9148d.jpg

Evanis
    As the capital of Donnwick, Evanis serves as a hub for trade and the elite upper class. Featuring the infamous Devas Square, merchants and artisans from all over the kingdom come to trade and haggle for the best prices. The city itself has three separate districts: Cosmos, Gardenia, Cypress. Cosmos District is barred from peasantry and the like, reserved for wealthy merchants, aristocracy, and the royal family. It includes Blackthorne Castle and the High Court of Donnwick. Gardenia District includes Devas Square in the “center.” Many divide the district into Upper and Lower Gardenia, distinguishing between the lower and middle class. Any impoverished citizens live in Lower Gardenia or outside of the city altogether. Cypress District is home to the Hellhounds and can only be accessed by its members, prospects, the royal family, and those with permission from the Queen herself. Overall, wealth circulates through the city, but it suffers from a high crime rate and corrupt officials who take advantage of the monster threat.

ConceptHarbor1.png

Port Vosa
    Port Vosa is the smaller of Donnwick’s two major ports. Nevertheless, it remains a hub of activity. Sitting on the edge of land and backed by mountains and hills, the simplest way to and from Vosa is by water. With the Orynx Sea to the north and the Jade River to the east and south, the port maintains its wealth and riches. Overflowing with exotic imports, it is known most of all for its open-air markets where demand is high and prices remain relatively low. Poverty certainly exists in this well-known ship harbor, but it makes up for it with some of the lowest crime rates in the queendom. This is mostly due to the efforts of the citizenry and the Vosa Corps, which specializes in deterring crime.

Project-Phoenix-Cityscape-Wallpaper.jpg

Garas Harbor
    Remarkably larger than Port Vosa, Garas Harbor acts as both a center of trade and a fortification. Featuring the second largest castle in the queendom, its sheer strength of appearance is enough to deter pirate ships and even formidable enemies. With the threat of the infamous Fort Siane some thirty miles to the south, Garas Harbor rarely suffers from hostile encounters, despite being one of the most strategic positions in the country. However, the true fears of the citizenry come not from outside but from within. With one of the highest crime rates and the highest monster encounters, Garas Harbor suffers greatly from the constant strife. It is a city that looks far stronger than it actually is, and it is a wonder that it has not suffered even more than it already has.

98e72914-1573-41db-b2b6-deea06aef87f.jpg

Fort Siane
    Nigh impregnable, well-stocked, and surrounded by the unforgiving peaks of the Siane Mountains. Fort Siane has protected the Eastern borders of Donnwick for at least six generations, if not more. Located at the end of the only (known) navigable path through the mountains, it forces any hostile force to face its well-trained soldiers within--one way or another. None have yet succeeded to breach the walls of this fortress, and that is not likely to change. However, in more recent years, it has doubly served as a secondary headquarters for the infamous Hellhounds, as it places them close to Garas Harbor and other small villages where monsters have shown the most activity. The current commander of Fort Siane is Rolan Griel, an elf who has inspired the confidence of the fortress’s 1000 soldiers. He is known for his unforgiving but genius strategies, as well as his willingness to use anyone who has proven themselves--regardless of reputation.

371704_orig.jpg

Fort Lancer
    Functioning as both fortress and city, Fort Lancer in recent years has become less of a military outpost as it has a place for refugees from both Donnwick and their foreign allies to the west. It suffers from an average crime rate, but the main source of deprivation comes from food shortages, disease, and soldiers too busy with their own problems to deal with those of the refugees. Although much larger in size than Fort Siane, Lancer has become so overpopulated that poverty is the rule rather than the exception. Fortunately, Commander Rhea Griel, sister of Rolan Griel, has recently took up the helm at Fort Lancer. In a matter of months, the situation has drastically improved, although it will take many more months before the fort becomes a true and substantial place for the refugees constantly pouring in. Compassionate and wise, Rhea Griel is most known for her previous position as an advisor to Queen Adira and close friend of Princess Artemis.

1968b4b3e8ff2b3da95b184af1ed9ca1.jpg

Merriton
    Merriton is a quaint river town known for its beautiful landscape and diverse inhabitants. Amidst the recent chaos of the world, it almost seems like a slice of paradise with its smiling citizens and pleasant weather. Although not bustling with trade, the town has succeeded in self-sufficiency, to the point where they hardly seem to rely on anyone but themselves. Here people seem to have abandoned prejudice altogether, as dwarves drink with men and elves are merry with orcs. The inhabitants seem to be blissfully unaware of the devastation happening outside their dirt roads and thatch roofs. Visitors often find themselves so enthralled with the peace that they hardly ever want to leave. It’s a wonder as to why the town has remained so small despite the constant flow of new residents whistling as they build their own houses. Even nobles have become enamored with the charming town of Merriton, suddenly willing to work for their livelihood despite having never held proper tools in their life. Truly, this bit of heaven shines light on the darkness of the world.

7edcaf5a443c9b370517f850eb119bfc.jpg

Delphos
    Delphos is the bustling home to the majority of dwarves living in Donnwick, although it does have other races scattered about. The town itself is fairly large in size, and it deals in enough tradable goods to house a middle class. Despite being full of dwarves, many nobles and sorcerers-in-training visit the town to seek knowledge. Only a few out of the hundreds coming in and out of Delphos are allowed to visit the Consilium in the Siane Mountains, but anyone who wishes to be considered scholarly vies for such a chance. The most interesting and inexplicable feature of Delphos is that it has not yet seen a single attack from monsters, even though the closest towns have. Because of this, the number of sorcerers visiting town has grown exponentially in the last few years. Rumors suggest the High Court is sending them to spy on the dwarves, suggesting that there could be foul play at work. Nothing has yet been concluded, and the town of Delphos remains an eerie mystery.

e7714443bdc9ad8481fe4a82161ca268.jpg

Fulbridge City
    Where Delphos caters to a predominantly dwarvish population, Fulbridge City is filled to the brim with elves. Located deep in the mysterious Eridia Forest, it is a prosperous city with buildings built into the massive trees. Although still under Queen Adira’s rule, Fulbridge City maintains a sense of autonomy, being governed directly by the Bloodleaf Council. Humans and dwarves alike can visit and conduct trade, but they are never permitted to stay more than a week without permission or special jurisdiction (in the case of the royal family and a select few). As such, unlike Delphos where dwarves still mingle with other races, the elves have an entire city to call their own. It rarely suffers attacks from monsters, though it is not mysteriously immune like Delphos. Giants are the monsters to attack most often, usually about once a month. Despite this, the Bloodleaf Council proudly proclaims Fulbridge City to be the safest place in Donnwick for any elf who wishes to be among their own kind.
  • b2bf6797fbfe1571ebaffe959e0fd5fa.jpg

The High Court in Donnwick is the leading authority about all matters pertaining to magic, although the Queen can overrule the High Court if she so chooses. However, this does not happen often. The High Court is led by the Chief Sorcerer, who is generally chosen through election by the members of the court. Once elected, the Chief Sorcerer usually keeps their position for life, although they can be removed by majority vote.

By traditional law, the High Court must have at least one sorcerer from every accepted school of magic, and there can never be more than 20 members at one time (not including the Chief Sorcerer). Generally speaking, only the Chief Sorcerer acts as a direct adviser to the Queen, but this has been circumvented before. The High Court directly oversees the activities of all the Lesser Courts. There are currently six Lesser Courts--one for each accepted school of magic. Before dark magic was outlawed, a seventh Lesser Court existed representing dark sorcerers. Rumors have circulated recently that this Dark Court still exists illegally, but the High Court has never found evidence one way or the other.

The High Court also oversees the three magic academies that currently exist in Donnwick: Presyce, Melrose, and Tresora. Located in Evanis, Presyce Academy is the most prestigious of the three. Melrose in Port Vosa and Tresora in Garas Harbor are on about equal terms, although more students have flocked to Melrose in recent years due to the high number of monster encounters at Garas Harbor.
  • 3d78cd66265fa0d33559c9134c490fdb.jpg

The Queen's Army has existed for several centuries, although the current ranking system is fairly recent as the army's size has dramatically increased in the last century. Traditionally speaking, the Queen's Army has two main tasks: enforcing order in Donnwick and protecting the queendom from outside invasion.

In recent years, the army has become increasingly focused on fighting the monster threat, even despite the efforts of the Hellhounds. As such, the crime rate in Donnwick has increased overall, especially in highly populated areas. Although the threat of outside invasion is not currently an issue due to recent alliances, the Queen's Army would be wholly unprepared if it happened.

The current Queen of Donnwick acts as the formal head of the army, but the task of handling the day-to-day minutia usually falls to the Queen's General. To break things down, the ranks of the Queen's Army are as follows:

• Knight - This is the equivalent of grunt status. Every knight belongs to a company consisting of 40-50 men and women.
    • Lieutenant - Acting second-in-command of a company, personally chosen by the captain.
    • Captain - Acting commander of a company.
    • Corporal - Acting commander of a squad, which consists of two to three companies.
    • Lieutenant General - Direct superior to five corporals.
    • General - Direct superior of five to eight Lieutenant Generals.
    • Queen's General - Acting commander of the entire Queen's Army

Generally speaking, promotion in the Queen's Army occurs after years of service and personal achievement. In special cases, knights in the army may rise more quickly through the ranks if they prove themselves to be exceptionally capable.
  • Timeline
    The Ancient Era - Almost no historical accounts exist from the so-called "Ancient Era." The amount of time that this era lasted is also not known, although modern scholars speculate that it lasted for nearly a thousand years. From historical documents that have survived, historians have gleaned that the mortal races received magic as a gift from one of the original gods. Furthermore, Eymia used to be ruled by a single king, although the race of this king is unknown. However, civil war broke out, resulting in the eight kingdoms of today.

The Savage Era - This era began with the year 0 HD (Historical Days). It is widely accepted that the Savage War began in 5 HD after a psychotic blood mage murdered the Orc King. Falsely believing that their king was maliciously assassinated by the Five Kingdoms, the orcs waged war on the humans. Lasting for two hundred years, the war resulted in the near-decimation of all the races. The dryads were completely wiped out from the conflict, while the other races staggered and barely survived. At the end of the war, the kingdoms remained divided and closed off for five centuries. Blamed for the conflict, the orcs were forced to stay within their borders, and any banished orcs were quickly enslaved. The merpeople, who had sided with the orcs in the conflict, received similar treatment.

The Age of Freedom - After over five centuries of silence, Queen Eirlys Carrow made the first step towards diplomacy, starting with the Elvish kingdom of Laeva to the south. Her daughter, Queen Cassia, would later oversee the construction and completion of Fulbridge City in 1050 HD. The next queen, Lorian Carrow, radically overturned the matriarchy culture of Donnwick and was widely considered an unconventional ruler. She personally oversaw the construction and completion of the Consilium in 1080 HD, strengthening diplomacy with the dwarves of Mirilind. It wouldn't be until 1250 HD that slavery would finally be abolished throughout all of Eymia. Enslaved orcs and merpeople were finally freed and allowed to make their own lives outside of their home countries. For the next two hundred years, peace prevailed in Eymia.

The Age of Terror - The first monsters appeared in 1415 HD. Queen Elise Carrow formed the Queen's Hellhounds five years later, committed to combating the unprecedented threat. After her death, her daughter Adira was crowned in 1450, but she quickly proved to be far less capable than her mother. The Reaper first appeared in Kiallan in 1452, and half of the kingdom was decimated within a month. In 1455, a small river town in Donnwick begins to flourish, while distrust towards Queen Adira continues to take root. To save her reputation, the queen placed her promising daughter Artemis in charge of the Hellhounds. The current year is now 1470, and Princess Artemis has proven herself to be a capable leader during her two-year tenure as General.
6f31fcd252647a4a013f08b466365d9f.png

Magic.jpg
Bestowed upon the mortal races of Eymia long ago, magic is the primary indication of power throughout all the kingdoms. Those with powerful control over magic usually find themselves in official positions as kings, queens, or well-paid sorcerers. There are several categories (also known as "schools") of known magic, and some of these categories have been outlawed for centuries. It should be noted that the main schools are mutually exclusive. There are currently no known cases of any sorcerer being able to use magic from multiple schools.​

• fire_mage_by_eliag1101.jpg

Elemental magic is the most raw and unfettered of all the schools. Casters do not have to perform spells or incantations to control the various elements, although some choose to do so for better control. In most cases, a sorcerer who can tap into the elements will only possess control over one, and they must discipline themselves mentally and physically in order to have complete control.

Elemental magic includes: Fire, Water, Earth, Air/Wind, Light, and Shadow.

In rare cases, a powerful sorcerer can possess control over several elements, although maintaining control over direct opposites is exceedingly rare (i.e. control over both fire and water). Those who are able to do so are usually in high demand for a position in the Queen's Hellhounds.
  • 1ca57d17231d523a467879062331ebd5.jpg

Sorcerers of this school have power over life or death, and they primarily use spells and incantations. Life sorcerers are usually dedicated to the art of healing, but only those with real aptitude for the art can heal major wounds. Although rare, some life sorcerers can even bring someone back from the brink of death--or even those who have recently died. It is considered a minor form of necromancy to bring someone back to life when they have recently died. As such, it is illegal in all kingdoms to do so.

Death sorcerers have the ability to inflict pain, both emotional and physical. Only those that are particularly powerful can actually kill another person with a simple incantation, but this ability is considered to be a form of dark magic and has been made illegal. These sorcerers are in high demand for use as interrogators and enforcers. For reasons unknown, no sorcerer with power of death can completely drain the life from a monster, although they are able to weaken it.

It is extremely rare for any sorcerer to have power over both life and death. It is almost always one or the other.
  • 1854f56241aece4bd5d4699e54032307.jpg

Illusio sorcery bends the fabric of reality, allowing the user to create illusions that go against the physical limits of the world. They can affect a person's perception of sight, taste, smell, hearing, and even touch. The main drawback of illusion sorcery is that anyone with enough mental fortitude can break the illusion, although it should be noted that this can be exceedingly difficult depending on the skill of the illusionist. In rare cases, a sorcerer of this school can also affect a person's perception of pain and fear, similar to a Death sorcerer but without the real effect.
  • 1968bd17827df3430ae815e26ac74ada.jpg

Usually passed off as a useless magic, the art of alchemy can have surprising benefits. Although most can only perform simple transmutations (transforming the base material of an object into a more valuable material--i.e. lead to gold, copper to iron, etc.), more powerful alchemists can mimic the magic of other schools, including Elementa and Illusio. However, alchemists can only be considered a jack-of-all-trades, so they will never reach the full power of other magics.

The best use for alchemy is the creation of golems, and the strength of these golems will greatly depend on the power of the alchemist. In extremely rare cases, a sorcerer can create a small army of nigh unbreakable golems. For the few that can do this, they are usually paid quite well to work for their monarch's army.

The magic of alchemy functions primarily through the use of runes and other magically-empowered symbols, although spells and incantations can be used as well. Alchemists are usually the sorcerers that provide magical blessings, especially towards an object. Blessed objects are in high demand, especially those that claim to protect a person's family or home.
  • 95fcd5a789364231c061cc4d89b3268d.jpg

Nature magic is fundamentally misunderstood by other schools. While most nature sorcerers do indeed control plants and speak to animals, there are many other applications that are mistakenly labeled as elemental magic. Powerful nature sorcerers can also control the weather, conjuring storms on a bright and sunny day. While this does seem to overlap with aspects of Elementa magic, it is fundamentally tied to nature and therefore defined as Natura sorcery. Furthermore, nature sorcerers must perform incantations and spells, unlike elemental sorcerers who usually do not. Nature magic also allows the user to control/cause natural diseases. Although this application borders into dark magic for many people, it is not yet outlawed.
  • black_unicorn_by_michalivan-d5isw3w.jpg

The art of conjuring is one of the most complex and and difficult schools of magic. It is rarely mastered, and those that do master it can be considered extremely dangerous to have as an enemy. Conjuring sorcerers have the primary ability to summon legendary beasts and command them at will. It is impossible for another sorcerer to take control of a beast that they did not summon, although they can "send it back" (in a manner of speaking) if they know the incantation used by the summoning sorcerer.

Beasts can only be conjured by a unique incantation performed by the sorcerer, and the sorcerer must have enough latent magic to conjure successfully. Most sorcerers of this school focus on a particular legendary beast to summon, and that is all they will ever master. In rare cases, a particular sorcerer will have enough magical prowess to summon different beasts and even multiple beasts at once.

Conjured beasts include (but are not limited to): elemental cats (lion-like beasts capable of manipulating a single element), phoenix, unicorns, and giant eagles.

It should be noted that Conjuro sorcerers cannot summon any type of monster, although many have tried (and failed). Most conjured beasts are capable of raw magic. For instance, unicorns are capable of healing magic, and giant eagles are masters over wind magic. However, the magic of these beasts is usually uncontrolled and imprecise, so they are only ever useful for large battles.

No one is entirely sure where these beasts come from, but they have roamed Eymia since the beginning of time. Since the monster threat began, the population of magical beasts has decreased dramatically, even moreso than the mortal races.
  • dmitry-desyatov-blood-magic-jpg.jpg

Blood magic is one of the most taboo of all forms of magic, and it is considered extremely dangerous. It was made completely illegal after a fanatic sorcerer went on a murder spree and single-handedly caused the Savage War. If not for the High Sorcerer of Eredien at the time, the sorcerer would have continued growing more and more powerful until they were practically invincible.

By definition, blood magic is the art of using blood to enhance spells, runes, etc. It should be understood as a powerful enhancer for a sorcerer of any school. For example, an Elementa sorcerer can use blood magic to enhance their power and, theoretically, allow them control over elements they previously could not use. More often than not, blood magic was used to enhance necromancy (also forbidden) and other forms of dark magic. By nature, blood magic requires sacrifice, and more blood used means more power for the sorcerer. This fact is what causes sorcerers who use blood magic to slip into insanity and resort to murder.
  • 544d924bc7f082ef2fcd97e3ada914b6.jpg

An extension of the Vitalis school, necromancy is the art of summoning the dead. The main reason that necromancy became forbidden is due to its natural ties to blood magic. Summoning the dead is nearly impossible without the use of blood magic, and it is a generally dangerous art besides this. Those who are brought back from the dead are extremely difficult to control. If a necromancer loses control, the summoned dead will usually go on a violent rampage, as the souls of those who died find themselves driven insane by the process of being ripped away from the spiritual realm. More than once, necromancy has resulted in dead souls committing mass murder before a powerful Vitalis sorcerer was able to send them back to where they belonged.
  • dark_wizard_by_capprotti.jpg

The term "Umbra" refers to any form of dark magic. Dark magic uses spells and incantations to cause mass destruction. Necromancy and blood magic are both considered forms of "dark magic," but the term applies more specifically to the following:

Curses: This refers to using magic to curse an object, a person, a beast, etc. As implied by the name, curses are the opposite of magical blessings. Common curses include (but are not limited to): premature death, unhealing wounds, and ill fortune. The main reason that curses are so dangerous is that they are only limited by the imagination of the sorcerer, and blood magic is also often involved. Most curses are given by alchemists, as they have the greatest affinity for unique spells and incantations.

Sacrificial Magic: An extension of blood magic, sacrificial magic actually requires a sacrifice to be enacted. Sacrifices can range from small animals to any of the mortal races. First and foremost, it can be used to greatly enhance the effectiveness of a particular spell, but it also has a more deadly application. It is rumored that sacrificial magic was used for the genocide of the dryads. However, this implies that someone specifically targeted the dryads, and many are skeptical of such a claim. Regardless, sacrificial magic can be used to curse an entire family through several generations.

Possession: This is the act of using magic to possess another being, especially those of the same race (as this is usually easier). By nature, possession requires sacrificial magic to be enacted. When a sorcerer possesses another, their body is left in stasis, and particularly powerful sorcerers can place protective spells over their body to keep it safe from outside influence. Anyone who is possessed will not know that they are possessed, and they remain in control of themselves until the sorcerer decides to exert control. When they do so, the possessed believes that they simply blacked out inexplicably. Depending on where/when they wake up, they might figure out that they are possessed, but it is far too late at that point.
  • ee4e16ee16f7d2a4ceccbdfb1ac0ed78.jpg

There are many forms of magic that do not fit neatly into the main schools. This includes prophecy/seer magic, potions-making, defense magic, etc. The sky is just above the limit when it comes to magic, but most sorcerers will find themselves placed in one of the common schools. Those who do not fit will find it difficult to find another sorcerer to teach them, as their own magic might be too unique.

Note: If you have a particular idea for a magical ability that doesn't fit into one of the main schools, you must get permission from the GMs prior to posting your character.
2ab7157d13f7421800b5be2ebc0ad25b.png

This list includes major figures that will play an important role in the story of The Queen's Hellhounds. Keep an eye on this list, as it will be updated as the roleplay goes along.

Queen Adira Carrow II
Queen_Adira_Carrow_II.jpg

Crowned at the age of 28, Queen Adira possessed neither the cunning nor the magical talent of her mother. In fact, she possessed no magic at all, a rarity in the Carrow family. In the midst of carnage caused by horrific monsters, she is forced to make decisions that she does not have the proper skills to make. As such, it has not take long for rumors to spread about her inability to rule.

To save her failing reputation, Queen Adira placed her talented first daughter, Artemis Carrow, in charge of the now-infamous Hellhounds. Within two years, Artemis transformed the elite army into an even more powerful fighting force. Furthermore, she personally leads the most elite group of Hellhounds: The Rose Company. As her popularity with the people wildly increases, the jealousy of the Queen begins to brew.

Avior Hallis
Avior_Hallis.jpg

Traditional and unyielding. Avior Hallis has been the Chief Sorcerer of the High Court for the past thirty years--since before Queen Adira's rule began. He is a powerful alchemist who is known for being able to make swords unbreakable and mimic practically every type of magic. More impressive, he is known to be capable of creating over a hundred nearly indestructible golems at once.

In recent years, popular opinion of his position as Chief Sorcerer has decreased. This is, in part, due to the continuing monster crisis (and his failure to solve the problem). Mostly, however, it is due to the rise of a talented young sorceress named Vania Florell. She's captured popular opinion rather quickly, and rumor has it that Princess Artemis supports her as the next Chief Sorcerer.

Vania Florell
Vania_Florell.jpg

Born to the noble Florell family, Vania remained a relatively unknown figure until 18 months ago when she almost single-handedly prevented a giant from rampaging upon Evanis. Her feat was performed in front of hundreds of ordinary citizens who were trying to flee. She is an extremely powerful elemental sorceress, able to command control over four of the six elements: light, shadow, fire, and air. After defeating the giant, her low-profile career was now over. She was asked to join the High Court and act as adviser to the queen herself, even though that position is usually only reserved for the Chief Sorcerer. The rivalry between her and Avior Hallis is no small matter, and some are beginning to see division in Evanis due to the supporters of each.

Vania is known for her skill in strategy and diplomacy, as most children of the Florell family are trained to become diplomats and ambassadors. In fact, her skill in magic is rather surprising, given that her family is not known for producing powerful sorcerers. Regardless, she has provided expert advice on how to deal with the monster threat during her eighteen months in the High Court. As a result, many influential sorcerers are beginning to look to her as opposed to Avior.

Luther Hallis
6b37d580851da46cf04555a180f0362f.jpg

Younger brother to Avior Hallis, General Luther has been the acting Queen's General for the past fifteen years. He is known first and foremost for his uncompromising will and distinct lack of diplomatic skill. He has always been one to advocate for war over peace, leading to his unpopularity among the more pacifist nobility such as the Florell family. Despite this, he has earned great respect from the knights in his army, as he is always willing to recognize a person's skills. Furthermore, he is a master strategist on the battlefield, and he is well-known for several battles where the casualties were at a minimum.

Surprisingly, his popularity has only increased since the monster threat began, as he has personally led several victories in recent years. Additionally, he acted as the personal mentor to Princess Artemis since her childhood, and she credits her abilities to his ability as a teacher.

Rolan Griel
c58364573f41888a70f7bdda32be0fe4.jpg

Born and raised in Fulbridge City, Rolan Griel left his Elvish home with his twin sister Rhea shortly after their parents both died from a monster attack. Around 16 at the time, they sought out work and landed themselves in the Queen's Army. The pay was barely enough to live, but it was more than they expected to get elsewhere. Rolan quickly rose in the ranks, proving himself to be a masterful tactician and a born leader. His sister, Rhea, was slower to rise in the ranks, but she found other connections by befriending the Crown Princess herself.

Around 12 months ago, Rolan was promoted to Commander of Fort Siane, and he has since continued to prove himself there. Recent visitors to the fort have noted that the efficiency and camaraderie of the soldiers has increased rather dramatically. It is in no small part due to the efforts of the fort's Commander, Rolan Griel.

Rhea Griel
82f3759b714186079a896e7b6ec9ec3c.jpg

Like her brother, Rhea Griel left her home in Fulbridge City after her parents were killed. Although she also joined the Queen's Army, her skills quickly proved more useful from a strategic rather than fighting standpoint, although she was a skilled warrior in her own right with her propensity for nature magic. She joined several other strategic officers in Evanis, personally advising the Commanders of the Army on several occasions.

Through pure chance, she met Princess Artemis, and the princess saw her worth beyond just a strategic officer in the Queen's Army. She was quickly promoted and chosen to be among the advisers to the queen herself, and it was hard not to notice how young she really was. At first, she encountered a great deal of prejudice due to her youth. However, she proved herself worthy of her position quickly. During this time, she developed a personal friendship with Princess Artemis.

After hearing about the worsening conditions at Fort Lancer, Rhea requested to be transferred there to act as an adviser to the Commander. Unexpectedly, the queen chose to not just send her there as an adviser but to actually promote her to Commander over the entire fort. Since then, the conditions at Lancer have drastically improved, although there is much work left to be done.
b217d4c1e4de581e55244e918b5bd9a9.png

Are you still interested? Fantastic! Please take a few more moments to read through the rules regarding character creation, roleplaying expectations, etc.!​

• 1. Don't be rude to other players. Simple, yeah?
    2. Put effort into your characters, your ideas, and your posts. I don't have a set "minimum," although it would be great if we could stay within 2+ paragraphs. Just give us something to work with, and it's all good.
    3. Fade to black whenever necessary. Feel free to take it to PMs as you wish, but keep in mind that smexy times between underage users and adults users isn't allowed, period.
    4. Respect your GMs, which is currently my lovely friend Joan and myself. If we ask you to change something, please do it. We will do our best to explain our reasons.
    5. For any questions about the lore, setting, plot, etc...please ask me through PM or on the Discord server. While Joan has all the information, I'm probably better suited to answer your questions since I came up with most of it.
    6. If you have a character concept that you want to get the OK on before posting, PM both GMs. One or both of us will tell you if you're good to go or not.
    7. Try to post at least once a week, with the absolute max time being two weeks between your posts. I understand that life gets crazy, so just communicate with your GMs if you're going to be absent for more than a week. Note: If we get a dedicated group of slow posters, that's perfectly fine! I'm a slow poster myself, so the one-week rule probably won't be super enforced. Just try not to leave us hanging for several weeks without notice!
    8. Your characters do not have invincible plot armor. Depending on the decisions your characters make, they have the potential to die tragically. Just keep that in mind. Note: No character will be killed without the owner's express permission, unless the owner has disappeared from the roleplay entirely.
    9. You can have as many characters as you like as long as they are all equally fleshed out. This means that, if I notice that your nth character is not nearly as detailed as your other characters, I will probably not accept them.
    10. Have fun! Seriously, if you're not having fun, let your GMs know how we can improve! We'd hate to see anyone leave due to lost interest alone.
    11. Finally, please let your GMs know if you're going to be dropping the roleplay. You aren't obligated to give your reasons, but I ask that you at least tell us before disappearing. There won't be any hard feelings, I promise! We understand that life gets too crazy, or sometimes people just lost interest! :)
  • Please visit this link for sign-ups and the character sheet! Below are the rules specific to character creation. Please read them thoroughly! Any violation of these rules will communicate to me that you didn't read them.

1. Your character can be one of the following races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, or Orc. Hybrids are not allowed due to the nature of their existence in this world. However, relationships between races are definitely okay! Just keep in mind that it's a huge stigma, and that will reflect on others' perception of your character.
    2. Please follow the prescribed magic system when describing your character's magical ability. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
    3. Your character must be 21 years or older, and they probably wouldn't be older than mid-40s.
    4. Please do not use real-life or anime faceclaims; use realistic art instead! At minimum, you need to have a good description of your character. I do prefer a faceclaim in addition to a description, simply because I'm a visual person by nature. However, this is not required.
    5. Feel free to make your character sheets pretty with BBcode! However, it must be mobile-friendly. If it is not mobile-friendly, I will ask you to fix it or abandon the BBcode altogether.
    6. Keep in mind that your character is going to be a member of the Rose Company--the elite of the Hellhounds, essentially. This means that you can make your character ridiculously powerful (within reason, of course)! Just remember that we'll be fighting dragons and other monsters, so they'll still be getting quite a challenge.
    7. I do not care about gender ratios, so do not feel obligated to keep it balanced!
    8. Our characters are not going to be newbies to the monster fight, so you are free to determine relationships with other characters. However, this is not required!
    9. Have fun! :)
  • Below I've listed all relevant links, including the link to the Discord. Although we do have a forum OoC, most chatting will occur in Discord.

In-Character
    Sign-Ups
    Discord
    Forum OoC
  • I've listed any questions asked by interested members. Please look at these before you ask us; your question might already be answered!

{currently empty}

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Eru and Joan
{ Name }

General Information

Full Name:
[include their title, first name, and surname]​

Nickname(s):
[what do people usually call them, besides their actual name?]​

Race:
[options: human, elf, dwarf, orc]​

Sexuality:
[who are they attracted to?]​

Allegiance:
[where does your character come from?]​

Appearance:
[give a written description here]​
Personal Attributes

Personality:
[please use paragraph-form here]​

Backstory:
[how did they get where they are now?]​

Strengths:
[what are they good at? these should be mostly physical attributes, not just personality strengths]​

Weaknesses:
[what do they suck at? again, physical weaknesses preferred over personality flaws]​
Magic & Equipment

Magic:
[what magic do they possess, if any? please list strengths and weaknesses as well]​

Weapon of Choice:
[if they had to choose, what would their weapon be?]​

Gear:
[what do they usually carry with them? keep this practical!]​

Artemis Carrow

General Information

Full Name:
Crown Princess Artemis Carrow​

Nickname(s):
Ari, General​

Race:
Human​

Sexuality:
Heterosexual​

Allegiance:
Donnwick​

Appearance:
Artemis Carrow, while certainly not ugly, is perfectly average for a princess--as far as appearances go, anyways. She stands at 5'6" with a lean and athletic build. In fact, she's practically all muscle, built for agility and speed first and foremost. She looks very little like her esteemed mother with dark hair, dark eyes, and lightly tanned skin. If not for her keen resemblance to her late grandmother, some might even question whether she was truly the daughter of Queen Adira.

Known for loathing the fancy silks of her court, she's much better off in chain mail and armor. Even when not in armor, the princess dresses in simple but elegant clothes. While her mother is inclined to show off her beauty, Artemis has never been one for the fashion spotlight, so to speak. She prefers a nice pair of pants and a loose-fitting tunic, and many see her likeness to Queen Lorian (who was known for rejecting femininity). Especially in her refusal to wear anything with a skirt.​
Personal Attributes

Personality:
Realistic and stubborn, Princess Artemis is well-known for her strict leadership. She refuses to back down from a fight, whether verbal or physical, and continually calls upon her soldiers to surpass her own skills (if they can). She has never been afraid to call anyone out for their faults, although she admittedly doesn't take others' criticism very well. Although willing to hear other ideas, she has a slight streak of arrogance by believing that her own strategies are usually the best. In all fairness, Artemis has certainly proven to be capable in the past two years, but that doesn't negate the fact that she can be a little egotistical at times.

One major aspect of her reputation is her tolerance. She will accept anyone who has proven themselves, regardless of their previous reputation. She despises prejudice, and she will usually go out of her way to ensure that her soldiers feel accepted and welcome. She's a born leader through and through, able to use her own natural sense of charisma to motivate those around her. She's also extremely intelligent and well-trained, as would be expected of the Crown Princess.

Although not unkind, people tend to notice that Artemis is a little rough around the edges, although this is partially out of necessity. After all, one doesn't have time to be nice when they're busy fighting monsters. That being said, when there isn't a dragon to kill, she tends to loosen up. But only a little.​

Backstory:

Strengths:
[what are they good at? these should be mostly physical attributes, not just personality strengths]​

Weaknesses:
[what do they suck at? again, physical weaknesses preferred over personality flaws]​
Magic & Equipment

Magic:
Artemis is one of the most powerful elemental sorcerers currently living in Eymia, possibly to have ever existed. She is capable of maintaining control over all six elements, although she has the most control over shadow and fire. Although incantations enhance the strength of her magic, she is perfectly capable of controlling these elements without them. Most notable is her ability to force a Cerberus out of hiding, which is part of the reason why the Rose Company is in charge of killing the three-headed dogs.

The main weakness of her magic is that it is limited, and there have been several occasions where she has been completely drained in the midst of a battle. While most sorcerers have a latent ability that is nearly unlimited, the raw power that Artemis possesses prevents her from using the elements indefinitely. Furthermore, her control over the elements of water and light are only barely above average, limiting their usefulness in combat against monsters.​

Weapon of Choice:
Bow and Arrows​

Gear:
--Light armor
--Sword
--Longbow
--Quiver w/ 30 arrows
--Dagger
--Basic Medkit
--25 gold bars​

36168_skyrim-wallpapers-hd-backgrounds_1920x1080_h.jpg

Lore || Sign-Ups || In-Character || Discord ||
Forum ooc
8208f8057896301a7b0e52d9c10fb5fa.png

The world of Eymia is in chaos. Monsters such as dragons, Cerberus, and even banshees ravage the eight kingdoms, and only the Queen's Hellhounds from Donnwick stand a real chance against them. They are an elite force, defeating one monster at a time. But every time they seem to get closer to eradicating the threat, more monsters appear. No one knows where they have come from or who created them. It is only certain that they are here to utterly destroy everything you hold dear.

You are a member of the most elite company in the Queen's Hellhounds--the Rose Company. Your commander is Crown Princess Artemis Carrow of Donnwick. Although you have the confidence of Eymia, you know that the situation is only getting worse. And recently, the monsters have begun to attack like a well-trained army, where before their movements seemed entirely random. It is up to you and the rest of your company to save Eymia, but you're not entirely sure it's possible...​

dragon_s_castle_by_klauspillon-d8fmohg.jpg

Lore || In-Character || Discord || Forum ooc
d59260221b2a8a9cfcca09cfe8c4be92.png

Please see the Lore for rules about character creation! Also, please read all the lore before creating your character! Below I've put all the information that's needed. I've also included a fancy sheet for anyone who wants to use it! It is mobile-friendly!

General Information
Full Name:
[include their title, first name, and surname]

Nickname(s):
[what do people usually call them, besides their actual name?]

Race:
[options: human, elf, dwarf, orc]

Sexuality:
[who are they attracted to?]

Allegiance:
[where does your character come from?]

Appearance:
[give a written description here]

Personal Attributes
Personality:
[please use paragraph-form here]

Backstory:
[how did they get where they are now?]

Strengths:
[what are they good at? these should be mostly physical attributes, not just personality strengths]

Weaknesses:
[what do they suck at? again, physical weaknesses preferred over personality flaws]

Magic & Equipment
Magic:
[what magic do they possess, if any? please list strengths and weaknesses as well]

Weapon of Choice:
[if they had to choose, what would their weapon be?]

Gear:

{ Name }

General Information

Full Name:
[include their title, first name, and surname]​

Nickname(s):
[what do people usually call them, besides their actual name?]​

Race:
[options: human, elf, dwarf, orc]​

Sexuality:
[who are they attracted to?]​

Allegiance:
[where does your character come from?]​

Appearance:
[give a written description here]​
Personal Attributes

Personality:
[please use paragraph-form here]​

Backstory:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
Magic & Equipment

Magic:
[what magic do they possess, if any? please list strengths and weaknesses as well]​

Weapon of Choice:
[if they had to choose, what would their weapon be?]​

Gear:

Code for Fancy CS
Code:
[div=max-width: 800px !important; max-height: 900px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; border: 10px #COLOR; border-radius: 15px;
background-image: url(http://www.therawartist.net/april2009/images/040901.jpg);
background-position: repeat center fixed][div=background-color: #187; max-width: 800px !important; padding: 25px; margin: 10px; border: 10px #COLOR; border-radius: 0px; font-size: 40px; text-align: center; color: black;][font=Cinzel Decorative]{ Name }[/font][/div][div=border-radius: 15px; margin: 10px; padding: 15px; border: 10px #000 solid; background-color: #fff; max-height: 500px; overflow-y: scroll; max-width: 800px !important;][div=width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 50%; padding: 3px; border: solid 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.7); background-image: url(http://www.hope3k.net/images/placeholders/team-placeholder.jpg); background-position: -10px -15px; background-size: 115%;][/div]
[div=background-color: #187; margin: 10px; padding: 5px; max-width: 800px !important; font-size: 25px; text-align: left; color: black;][font=Cinzel Decorative]General Information[/font][/div]
[div=margin: 10px; padding: 5px; max-width: 800px !important; text-align: left; color: black;][font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Full Name:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][include their title, first name, and surname][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Nickname(s):[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][what do people usually call them, besides their actual name?][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Gender:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][male, female, androgynous, etc.][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Age:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][how old are they?][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Race:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][options: human, elf, dwarf, orc][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Sexuality:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][who are they attracted to?][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Allegiance:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][where does your character come from?][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Appearance:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][give a written description here][/indent][/div]
[div=background-color: #187; margin: 10px; padding: 5px; max-width: 800px !important; font-size: 25px; text-align: left; color: black;][font=Cinzel Decorative]Personal Attributes[/font][/div]
[div=margin: 10px; padding: 5px; max-width: 800px !important; text-align: left; color: black;][font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Personality:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][please use paragraph-form here][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Backstory:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][how did they get where they are now?][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Strengths:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][what are they good at? these should be mostly physical attributes, not just personality strengths][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Weaknesses:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][what do they suck at? again, physical weaknesses preferred over personality flaws][/indent][/div]
[div=background-color: #187; margin: 10px; padding: 5px; max-width: 800px !important; font-size: 25px; text-align: left; color: black;][font=Cinzel Decorative]Magic & Equipment[/font][/div]
[div=margin: 10px; padding: 5px; max-width: 800px !important; text-align: left; color: black;][font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Magic:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][what magic do they possess, if any? please list strengths and weaknesses as well][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Weapon of Choice:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][if they had to choose, what would their weapon be?][/indent]

[font=Cinzel Decorative][b][size=4]Gear:[/size][/b][/font]
[indent][what do they usually carry with them? keep this practical!][/indent][/div][/div][/div]

519052-pointed_ears-fantasy_art-tavern-candles-748x420.jpg

Lore || Sign-Ups || In-Character || Discord
1904792f619e9e286102a91f04b73d83.png

This is the official forum OoC for The Queen's Hellhounds. Feel free to chat, ask questions, etc.! Please keep all out-of-character talk in here or in the Discord.​

Lore || Sign-Ups || Discord || Forum ooc ||
326844feae44b8a094901521c0c9022f.png

Clang! Clang! Clang!

The warning bell echoed throughout Garas Harbor, but it was already too late. With a terrifying roar, a great dragon ravaged the streets, its bloodthirst insatiable. The smell of smoke, blood, and salt water mixed in the air—a pungent odor that overwhelmed the senses. The screams of the citizens were cut short by their horrible deaths.

The harbor’s soldiers…they were already dead, their bodies strewn about at the gate. Some were ripped apart by the dragon’s claws, others were charred beyond recognition, and still others rested in the belly of the beast.

A single messenger, a young boy barely 14, was the only hope for what was left of Garas Harbor. He rode his horse through the forest towards Fort Siane, pure adrenaline preventing him from completely falling apart. He had to make it in time. He just had to. His brothers-in-arms would not have died in vain.

General Artemis Carrow, affectionally known as Ari by her closest companions, stood silent in front of her company. They were running through drills at their secondary headquarters, awaiting reports from their scouts about several cerberi she’d been tracking. As per her instructions, magic was barred from this exercise.

It had a singular purpose: to accentuate their strengths and weaknesses. She noticed the strange (even haphazard at times) but adaptable techniques in some of her more…unorthodox soldiers, while others dedicated themselves to a refined but stubborn method reminiscent of a military background.

She sniffed the air, her eyes flashing suddenly. She held her hand up, ending the drill. “A messenger…” she said vaguely, moving swiftly out of the courtyard towards Fort Siane’s one and only entrance. Artemis didn’t even look back to see if her company was following; she fully expected them to do so. Messengers rarely ever came to Fort Siane unless the Hellhounds were desperately needed, and she had a terrible feeling in her gut.

Her timing was impeccable; the young messenger rode through the gate breathless and terrified the same moment the Rose Company arrived. His horse heaved, its eyes bulging. The young boy, marked with the characteristics of a soldier from Garas Harbor, nearly fell to the ground trying to dismount the steed. He was shaking, and the horse…Artemis knew it was too far gone. It was practically staggering, and the stable boys could barely get it to move another inch.

She looked away, focusing on the messenger. Commander Rolan was already speaking to him, so she simply waited. After mere seconds, Rolan’s jaw went slack, and the princess’s patience snapped. She marched forward, taking the boy by the shoulder and whirling him around towards her.

“What needs to be done, boy?” she said sharply, though not unkindly. He was pale, his lips chapped with dehydration. He would be taken care of after his message was properly delivered. He looked bewildered as he suddenly realized who was speaking to him. Rolan, for his part, answered her question.

“A dragon is attacking Garas Harbor as we speak,” he said quietly, as if he couldn’t quite believe it himself. The general straightened, her eyes narrowed towards her friend. She knew he was telling the truth, but every rational part of her screamed that it wasn’t possible. They had catalogued every dragon and its territory; there wasn’t a single one remotely near Garas Harbor.

But there was no time for questioning. The Rose Company had a job to do. She turned back to her soldiers, raising her voice loud and clear. “Today, we kill a dragon. Take only what you need. We leave in ten minutes.” She refused to let any of her own fear leak into her voice. She had to be strong; that was her job. She also had to survive, though even the Rose Company had never killed a dragon before.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Eru and Joan
≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡
⤑ Mara Rose Bellhaven | ⤑ Tempest | ⤑ 25 | ⤑ BLUE​

APPEARANCE

⤑ Written Appearance

By all accounts, Mara is rather average. She sports choppy brown hair that she usually cuts herself, and her darker skin alludes to her mixed heritage. Overall, she's slender, reaching just above petite. Her lean muscle makes it clear that she keeps herself fit. Not wanting to draw attention to herself, she doesn't sport fancy clothes or makeup. She likes to blend in with the crowd, and she's quite good at it.

⤑ Weight | 128lbs
⤑ Height | 5'4"

BIO

Mara was doomed from the start, as were all mutants in this forsaken world. From a young age, she listened to her parents rave about the evils of Rogues, constantly forewarning their three children to avoid anyone who even looked funny. For the first few years of her conscious life, she didn't pay much attention to the rambling conversations at the dinner table. After all, she was just a kid. Their kind of talk was for the adults, and she was perfectly content to live in ignorant bliss for a while.

There was one added boon to her parents' paranoia. They homeschooled their children, never fully trusting the scanners to keep them safe from those blasted mutants. As such, Mara never went to school. If she had, they would have discovered her true nature. As it were, she remained safe until her adolescence---when her powers finally manifested.

It had been a stormy night, of all things. Her family was already asleep, but Mara remained wide awake. Something about the storm called to her; she couldn't explain it. She crawled out of bed, opening her window and stepping onto the low roof just a couple feet below. Lightning flashed and thunder boomed...she felt more alive than ever before. That is, until her hair stood on its end...a single flash of the lightning that struck her immediately after. The shock jolted her, and she let out a scream that was lost to the wind.

Instead of dying, she opened her eyes to something truly horrific. Lightning danced on her fingertips, crackling with untamed power before it was released back into the sky. It didn't take a genius to realize the truth; she was one of them. She was less than human; her parents had ingrained the mantra enough for her to know.

She turned to return to her room, her mind reeling. She came face to face with her little sister, staring at her with fear and shock. Mara didn't even get a chance to speak as she watched her sister's expression morph into hatred, fueled by the endless admonitions from their parents. Her sister ran, screaming for her mommy. It was in that moment that Mara knew her old life was over.

She didn't even bother to think; she just ran. At 17 years old, she fled her family, knowing they would hate her forever. For months, she lived on the streets, a gutter rat cowering from the truth of the scanners. She might have died, had it not been for the mercy of an old woman named Darcy. They found each other by chance. Or, rather, Darcy found her passed out in an alley, suffering from malnutrition.

Darcy had never taken much stock in the ramblings of people, and she was kind. Although she never intended to become an Archivist, a soft heart couldn't keep her away from helping those in need. She nursed Mara back to health, slowly but surely. The two became fast friends, and she helped Mara find work at a small restaurant run by a friend.

She's stayed there for the past few years, somehow making her way in the world. Several times, her life has almost been shattered by rumors of "Tempest." That's what they called the mutant without a face and a name, and Mara intends to keep it that way. For as long as she can.

STRENGTHS
+Intelligence/Strategy
+Stealing/Pick-Pocketing
+Quick & Agile

WEAKNESSES
_Below-Average Strength
_Arrogance
_Distrust in Others
_Self-Serving

POWER

⤑Type: Environmental
⤑Brief description of abilities/skills

Atmokinesis - Mara can manipulate and control the weather and aspects of the weather. This allows her to intensify wind, change temperature, control the severity of storms, and manipulate lightning.

⤑Limitations: Her ability is currently limited by pre-existing conditions. For instance, she cannot create a storm in the middle of a sunny day, but she can intensify a storm that's already there. She cannot drastically change the temperature from hot to freezing, but she can change it enough to make a small difference. Her ability to control lightning is limited by the fact that she cannot currently produce lightning of her own accord; there must be a storm. If it was simply raining without lightning, she could theoretically intensify the rainstorm to a thunderstorm, thus allowing her access to lightning--her main offense.

"Little Blue"
]
General Information

Full Name:
Sinya Tarkona​

Species:
Twi'lek​

Homeworld:
Nar Shaddaa​

Appearance:
Born with light blue skin and softly patterned lekku (headtails), Sinya is fairly typical looking for a Twi'lek, despite the nasty scars that riddle her back. She has a general style about her, preferring to stay as nondescript as possible. The only major identifying thing about her is her muscular build, setting her apart from many Twi'lek women who are rather thin. She usually wears light armor that gives some protection against standard ballistics, but she still mostly relies on her agility and quick-thinking to get herself out of sticky situations. That all being said, it's undeniable that Sinya has a rare sense of beauty, even for a Twi'lek. Whether owing to natural looks or a pure sense of confidence, one cannot really be sure.​

Personal Attributes

Personality:
Sinya could be described as either endlessly determined or absolutely reckless. She will do whatever it takes to get what she wants, even if the risks are high. She doesn't have access to the greatest secrets of the Galaxy for nothing, after all. That being said, she seems rather harmless at first glance, not having a care in the world and always looking for a good time. In reality, her near-genius intellect makes her a powerful ally and a dangerous foe. She's always on her toes, waiting for the next big secret to come her way.​

Biography:
Born and raised on the criminal hovel that is Nar Shaddaa, Sinya learned quickly that life doesn't give anything for free. Her parents, both victims to the infamous Twi'lek slave trade, brought their daughter into a world of chains and terror. They had been long beaten into submission, and they urged their young daughter to be the same. It was only easier that way.

She refused to cower to her fate. From a young age, she resisted those that claimed to own her life, and she quickly earned herself the terrible scars that serve as a constant reminder. When she was considered old enough to be appealing, Sinya was sold off to the highest bidder--a disgustingly rich man with a taste for Twi'lek women. Taken from her home and shipped off to Coruscant, it would be the last time she would ever see her family.

Through her adolescence, she endured the horrors that came with being used as a symbol of status. But all the while, she waited, biding her time for the perfect moment. She realized that her rebellion had only made escape that much more difficult; her traders had warned the owner of her escape attempts. Then, finally, opportunity presented itself shortly before she turned 19--as did her sensitivity to the Force. The owner got sloppy, thinking he'd forced Sinya under his thumb. It was in the night that she escaped, cutting his throat and stealing all the credits that she could. It wasn't much, given that he kept most of his wealth secure. But it was enough.

Although now a criminal, Sinya found her way back to Nar Shaddaa, using her stolen credits to buy passage back to her homeworld. She intended to free her parents, but she was too late. After she'd been sold off, something had apparently snapped beneath her father's submission. Her parents rebelled...only to die.

Without a family, Sinya realized she had to make her own way through the world. Nar Shaddaa was a familiar place, so she stayed there. It didn't take long for her intelligent mind to find a way towards her survival: information. She started out small, of course. She helped find lost husbands, prodigal children, and even a few sloppy murderers. It was at the young age of 21 that she took the name "Little Blue" and began reaching for bigger and better things. Thirteen years later, she's made a proper name for herself, picking up several skills along the way that have helped her survive in her life of thinly veiled crime.​

Abilities // Other

General Skills:
>>Manipulation: Above all else, she is a master at manipulation. She doesn't need any mind tricks to compel others, although she'll certainly give it a try as it makes her life easier. She will use any means necessary to get what she wants. Basically, she's not above using her sexual appeal.
>>Information: Sinya is one of the most notorious "infochants" throughout the major parts of the Galaxy, known simply as "Little Blue" by her clients. She knows how to get information, but more importantly she knows how to use it in her favor.
>>Slicing: Sometimes finding information requires a bit more dirty work, and Sinya only ever trusts herself to get the job done. Over the past few years, she's picked up the art of slicing her way through some of the most complex systems--all for the sake of finding out what she wants to know.
>>Piloting: Although not among her greatest skills, she's a decent enough pilot to get by when necessary. Her natural affinity with the Force helps this along in high-stress situations, but she's not looking to win any awards.
>>Fighting: She's a scrappy fighter and can hold her own well enough, but she relies primarily on the sweetness of her words rather than the efficacy of her fists.
>>Language: Out of necessity and through her travels, Sinya has picked up several languages. She can currently understand and speak Basic, Twi'leki/Ryl, Huttese, Binary (Droidspeak), Durese, Shyriwook, and Togruti.​

Force Sensitive?:
Yes.​

Force Powers:
Without any formal training, Sinya's abilities come down to a few standard powers. With adrenaline pumping, she can do more, but she's the definition of strength without finesse when it comes to the Force.

>>Telekinesis (unrefined--mostly just bursts of force push/pull)
>>Force Sense
>>Force Reflexes (uncontrolled; usually only occurs when she's in a high-stress situation)
>>Jedi Mind Trick (works about half the time)​

Weapons:
>>Modified DH-17 Blaster Pistol
(500 shots, Medium Stun Setting, 40m-120m, Single/Three-Round Burst/Fully Automatic)
>>2 Vibroknives w/ Plasma Edge​

General Equpiment:
>>Thermal Detonators, Smoke Grenades, CryoBan Grenades
>>Heavily Encrypted Datapad
>>Thermal Sensors
>>Lockpicks
>>Cloaking Device​

Miscellaneous
>>Over the years, Sinya has made quite a few enemies, and there's a fair price on her head. As such, she's recently become a bit of a nomad, moving from place to place.
>>Her datapad contains every piece of information that she's ever collected. It's heavily encrypted, and the data itself is in a code of her own creation. She would die before letting the datapad fall into anyone else's hands, and she's killed more than a few unlucky souls who tried to pickpocket it off her.
>>"Never tell me the odds!" As mentioned previously, Sinya is fearless to the point of being reckless. She has a knack for irritating others with her inflated ego and sense of self, but she gets the job done.​

maxresdefault.jpg

40db6d9be3b0b9df84388e31bb23ff4f.png

Their words were poison, seeping into the very souls of their enemies. They whispered, a mere breath on the wind heard by those who had fallen. Their time was near...so very near. The mortals would die at their hand, and they would remake the world in chaos.

All of this bloodshead, all of this pain...it was only the beginning.

Artemis stood fully prepared at the gate, waiting impatiently for her Company to return. She had no need to retrieve her gear; the general made it her mission to always be prepared. Damn it all if she were ever caught by surprise. The stables were in chaos as horses were quickly made ready for the journey, their indignant neighs echoing throughout the fortress. The animals did not like to be rushed.

As members of the Rose Company returned with their gear, the princess gracefully mounted her own black and white stallion. She spoke quietly in his ear, calming his nerves. It was as if the horses knew what was happening, and their fear was apparent. Nevertheless, these horses were trained well, and they would not falter.

Turning her attention to her gathered soldiers, Artemis looked each of them in the eye before finally speaking. "We ride hard, straight for Garas Harbor. I don't care if we encounter giants or other monsters along the way; the city will be lost if we don't make it in time." With that, her horse galloped through the exit, leading the way to the Rose Company's potential destruction.

They took too long, even though they were pushing their horses past their limits. They saw the smoke well before they saw the city, black plumes rising into the clear blue sky. Her magic heightened her sense of smell, and the mixture of blood and ash was almost overwhelming. The general coughed violently, willing her stallion to ride ever faster as the dragon's terrible roar pierced the air.

The Rose Company came to a city in shambles, already well on its way to being utterly destroyed. The screams had never stopped ceasing; the ships at the harbor had already fled. Those that remained were trapped, even as they desperately tried to escape to the countryside.

The great dragon delighted in its spoils, its roar seeming to break off into monstrous laughter. Its master whispered, bringing its focus away from the helpless civilians to the Hellhounds coming towards it. The beast screamed, flying with impossible speed towards its new prey.

The general sensed the incoming flames before they were released. The heavy fire from the dragon's mouth flew towards them, tinged with heated blue. Artemis yelled for her Company to stop as she yanked on her reins, nearly falling off her horse as it reared up in protest. There was no time to think; she outstretched her hands, incantations falling off her lips as the fire suddenly turned back towards the beast.

The dragon roared angrily as its own weapon was used against it. But it did little to actually harm the monster; its scales provided more protection than even the best armor. It circled before landing, the earth shaking beneath its terrible size. Whole buildings were felled beneath it, and bodies of civilians long dead were crushed.

"Pitiful mortals...you dare to challenge me! You will die, just like the rest of them!" The dragon's voice was nearly incomprehensible, its words garbled by its massive teeth. Artemis clenched her jaw, remembering the rumors that dragons could actually communicate with mortals. It would not just be a rumor anymore, it seemed.

"We will not die today. Vultog, weaken it as much as you can! The rest of you, fall into positions. Leave the horses!" Her voice could barely be heard over the chaos, but she had no time to worry if they heard her orders. They knew what to do regardless. Flying into the air with her magic, the general landed on a half-destroyed tower, positioned at the same level as the dragon. For whatever reason, its eyes remained focused on her, and she could have sworn that the beast actually smiled.

Retrieving her bow from her back, Artemis took aim, more incantations falling from her lips. She took a breath, letting the arrow fly. It flew straight through the air, embedding itself in one of the glinting eyes of the dragon. The monster screamed louder than ever before, flying into the air as golden blood dripped. It rained fire upon them, swiping its claws towards the Rose Company.

The battle began, and it seemed her arrow had only served to make it that much angrier.[/hr]​

grappling_the_wyvern_by_gjaldir-d67rc6w.jpg

cd84b2faf00a46b7cfb209b3dcfffde6.png

The earth trembled beneath the great weight of the dragon, its screams only growing louder and more manic as the Rose Company attacked without mercy. It laughed as one of them tried to injure it with water, but its mocking was cut short.

“You…dare!” the beast cried as several of them attacked its wings. Its voice shook with palpable rage, guttural and ancient. The attacks seemed to do no real damage at first, but it soon became clear that the great dragon was now held to the ground.

It screamed in fury when another attack burned through its remaining eye, melting the socket and causing golden blood to fill its own maw. The beast was now blind, but it was by no means less dangerous. Before the dragon could retaliate, however, Gamnuri landed a terrible blow to its jaw, shattering several scales below its razor teeth. Another attack from Verus caused a similar effect, large scales as heavy as shields falling to the ground where the sunray hit.

Useless…

The dragon felt its master fade away, abandoning it to the terrible fate of death. Blind and fueled by a newfound terror, the beast spun its tail through the air, poised to strike. Those who were near the dragon (or on it) were thrown off, and the Rose Company was suddenly scattered at least 30 yards away.

The dragon twisted its body, roaring incantations of its own. Black flames swirled, a horrible sphere of impending death that slowly consumed everything in its path. This was a desperate attack; its master had commanded the beast to never use its own magic...not until the time was right. But the master was now gone, and the monster did not intend to die here.

Artemis watched in horror as the black fire grew, surrounding the beast and then moving beyond it. It repelled whatever magic they tried to throw at it; the dragon suddenly seemed invincible. She could not control the flames on her own; it was unlike anything she had ever seen. This new power stood outside her normal grasp.

Without a second of hesitation, the princess grabbed her dagger etched with alchemical runes. She sliced it down her arm, paying little attention to the red that blossomed from the wound. New incantations flew from her lips, a steady chant that burned through her mind. Her voice grew louder, even though she only whispered. New voices joined her chant, and her blood started to glow.

She’d kept it hidden, her use of blood magic. It was one of the royal family’s many dark secrets. But this was no time to worry about what they would think; the black flames were flying towards them faster and faster…as if the dragon could sense what was about to happen.

Artemis leapt from the crumbled ruins of the building, flying towards the beast as a strange white aura seemed to surround her. She collided with the dragon’s fire, unable to hold back a scream as she ripped the magic that almost doomed them all. The black flames seemed to pour into the woman, mixing with her white aura to make a sickly grey.

The general fell, completely unconscious as her body plummeted towards the ground. The dragon was screaming—not in anger but in pain. Somehow, the mortal had taken away its magic. It still had its breath of flame, its deadly claws and teeth...but its precious magic was gone. The beast was now terribly wounded, even though the wound could not be seen. It was vulnerable, and still its unseen master did not return.

But the dragon was not dead yet.[/hr]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Joan
He was late. In one of the many cantinas that littered the Raxus Prime Orbital Station, there sat a lovely blue-skinned Twi'lek, whiskey in one hand and datapad in the other. Impatience furrowed her brow into irritation. Sinya Tarkona was not someone who liked to wait. Her contact, a Rodian named Chead, had promised some solid intel on the recent movements of some of the largest bounties in the galaxy. Information like that could tide her over for months, if she gave it to the right people. Chead would do it himself if he wasn't such a bloodsucking coward, and no one much trusted the infamous Rodian these days. Not after a few unlucky incidents that had created some good gossip among more unsavory types.

In fact, if it wasn't for her credits, Chead would be probably be dead by now, his body rotting away in some filthy gutter. As it were, he needed a ticket off this junk heap, and she had the means to provide. But the bastard was late for their meeting, and he knew full well that her time was a precious commodity. Sinya was already calculating the number of credits that she would dock from his compensation.

Finally, he decided to show his ugly green face. His black eyes scattered around nervously, as if expecting to find his enemies all around him in this shithole. It wouldn't be the first time, and Sinya had gotten him out of that particularly nasty situation, too. For a steep price, sure, but that was just business. That was also back when the Twi'lek had been a bit fond of the Rodian scum; now all she felt was impatience and skepticism.

"You made me wait, Chead." Drowning the rest of her whiskey, Sinya eyed the alien carefully as he took a seat across from her. He was shaking in his boots, his eyes still looking anywhere but directly at her. Suspicion blossomed in the back of her mind. Even this coward was not usually so nervous; what had gotten him all riled up?

"I-I have what you w-want, Blue. Get me out of this damn hell." His voice shook with palpable fear. The Force, strange as it was to Sinya's untrained mind, allowed her to sense the toil of emotions writhing through Chead. He was beyond terrified--for more reasons than one.

"Let me see it first, and I'll see you safely off this pile of junk." Sinya smirked as the Rodian fumbled with his own datapad, sliding it across to her haphazardly. She turned it on, her eyes scanning the nonsense that crowded the screen. The encryption was laughable; she didn't even need any tools. She flipped the datapad around, tinkering with the back of it in silence as Chead watched with growing anxiety. Within minutes, she'd physically hacked into the device, and the information unscrambled itself to reveal its true nature.

What she found wasn't any information on priceless bounties. No, it was some ridiculous headline about some useless celebrity. Her eyes narrowed, anger coiling deep within her belly. She'd been played a fool by one of the biggest fools in the galaxy. She stood slowly, hooking her own personal datapad on her belt before sizing up the Rodian that sat before her.

"I-I was h-hoping you wouldn't l-look at it until after w-we had left...I thought y-you would need equipment..." Chead stumbled over his words, his eyes pleading for mercy. The Twi'lek hardly gave a damn about his excuses; he'd wasted her time. He'd gotten her to come all the way to this forsaken planet for absolutely nothing. Sinya Tarkona did not take well to being deceived, especially by a witless worm such as Chead.

It all happened in a blur. The Rodian flipped the table with all his measly strength, trying to buy himself time as he sprinted for the exit. He'd barely made it halfway before she was already on him, dragging him by his collar to the metal floor. The force of it all knocked the air out of his lungs, sending him into a coughing fit. The information broker felt no guilt whatsoever as she stood over Chead's writhing body, her foot firmly planted on his throat.

"You should have known better, you bastard," Sinya hissed. "I don't take kindly to scum who waste my precious time." The Rodian gasped and pleaded, pure terror taking over what little dignity he may still have had. His pants soaked as he pissed himself, but the Twi'lek only shook her head in disdain. In one simple move, she lifted her leg and smashed her boot on his throat, crushing his windpipe and breaking his neck instantly. The sound was sickening, and several of the more squeamish cantina patrons let out screams. The barkeep hollered, cursing her for dirtying his establishment with such violence.

Sinya Tarkona, quite frankly, did not give a single damn.

Her hands swept over the body quickly, snatching what few credits he had to his name. So pathetic, she thought in disgust. This whole affair had been beneath her status as one of the most notorious information brokers in the Galaxy, but she'd given Chead a chance--for old times' sake. He'd wasted it by not even trying to obtain viable information for her. Regardless, the whole damn universe was better off without his cowardly life still in it.

Without a word, Sinya left the cantina before any authorities could show up. Witnesses would describe a blue Twi'lek as the cause of all the ruckus, but she'd be long gone before they managed to catch up with her. She'd only managed to put a few blocks between her and the cantina when a shootout delayed her quick escape.

It all ended rather quickly, and a mess of people gathered around what appeared to be a red-skinned Twi'lek. Although some strange loyalty to her kin called out to her, Sinya was nothing if not self-serving. She wasn't about to risk herself to help anyone else, even her own kind. She pulled the cowl of her cloak up close, easily hiding the fact that she was watching the group in keen interest. There could be something here that would make this whole damn trip worthwhile.

Perhaps.

84a7da9c4082bf525a15908ef95b2eac.png

An Urban Fantasy Roleplay
QQm6rqW.png

Major Themes:
Cyberpunk, Low Fantasy, Anarchy

----

Code:
[div=float: center; max-width: 800px !important; max-width: 600px; padding: 8px; margin: auto; border: 10px double #DEB887; border-radius: 15px;
background-image: url(http://www.solidbackgrounds.com/images/950x350/950x350-black-solid-color-background.jpg);
background-position: repeat center fixed; ""hr="border: 2px solid black"]
[CENTER][IMG]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/190519/84a7da9c4082bf525a15908ef95b2eac.png[/IMG]
[FONT=Stylish]An Urban Fantasy Roleplay[/FONT][/CENTER]
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/QQm6rqW.png[/IMG]
[div=float: center; max-width: 300px !important; max-width: 200px; padding: 20px; margin: auto; border: 5px double #800000; border-radius: 15px; background-image: url(http://www.solidbackgrounds.com/images/950x350/950x350-black-solid-color-background.jpg); background-position: repeat center fixed]
[CENTER][FONT=Source Sans Pro][SIZE=15px][COLOR=#fff][U]Major Themes:[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=#fff][SIZE=12px]Cyberpunk, Low Fantasy, Anarchy[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/div]

----[/div]

1b2256e32ca428b69036e72941cf085c-700.jpg

eac995fb1aed6f61f4297302609b8638.png

The general watched in stoic silence as, one by one, her comrades left the room. Morna's piece against her had been expected; in fact, she would have been surprised if the elf had not said something of the sort. She nodded slightly towards Gamnuri, but she refrained from giving any real response.

She knew that it would take time for many of them to accept the way things were. She only wished she'd been better prepared to tell them everything. Even her closest friend had been ignorant of the situation; that was her only true regret. Eriana deserved better. Quite frankly, they all did.

When only she remained, Artemis finally stood, walking briefly towards the various maps and logs scattered on one table. Her eyes roamed over the map, easily finding the marked places where all the known dragons were supposed to be. As she thought, not a single one lived within a hundred miles of Garas Harbor. It was impossible for one to attack without warning; they should have seen it coming.

Deep in thought, she walked through a single door hidden in the side of the room that led to her own quarters. Closing it quietly behind her, she began to slowly remove the leather armor meant to protect her. It was badly damaged, charred beyond reason and stained with blood. Her clothes underneath were not much better, but they were at least intact. It mattered very little; one of the few benefits of being royalty meant that she had plenty of clothes and armor to spare.

She smirked at the thought. When she was younger, Artemis wanted nothing to do with the crown and blood magic. At first, her mother had been relatively understanding, willing to at least forego blood magic training. But one day, something changed...drastically. She never discovered what happened, no matter how hard she looked into the matter. All she knew was that, right after her younger sister was born, her mother became an entirely different person. She was no longer the kind woman who sang her daughter to sleep. She became indifferent and even cruel, forcing Artemis to learn blood magic by any means necessary.

Although blood magic could indeed be taught and learned safely, Artemis always had the sinking suspicion that her mother was trying to drive her into madness. When that didn't work, she made her general of the Hellhounds, hoping that her own daughter would be killed by monsters. It gave the princess a bitter sense of satisfaction that she proved herself to be stronger than her mother ever was. But that did nothing to erase the scars caused by so many years of torment.

A sudden high-pitched whistle forced Artemis back into the present. She turned towards the door, panic racing through her mind. Have we been attacked? Recognizing the whistle's pitch to be Axilya's, she took off running towards the Rose Company’s barracks. As she turned the last corner, ready to conjure fire and shadow at a moment's notice, she stopped in her tracks, practically skidding in her leather boots.

Heat flared in her cheeks as blood rushed to her head. Fire sparked between her fingertips--a rare loss of control caused by the overwhelming fury she felt at the scene. Artemis marched forward, pushing past Gamnuri and shoving the two women apart. "How dare you draw your blade against your comrade?" she barked, her voice even but loud enough for anyone nearby to hear. Her hands shook, but Artemis ignored it as she forced Tamsyn back, the archer’s head slamming against the wall with an eye watering crack.

For several long moments a strange hush settled over the scene...until an erratic metallic tapping shattered the silence. As Tamsyn’s eyes seemed to focus on the general’s anger contorted face, her whole body began to shake violently. It was impossible to tell whether fear, anger, or a combination of both was the cause of the tremor, but the result was the tip of the woman’s sword bouncing off the stone wall.

“I- I- I was ju- just…” The attempt at an explanation faltered into nothing, and Tamsyn’s eyes vanished behind grime-stained eyelids until the tremors that had been racking the knight’s body subsided some. “I just wanted to-”

"I don't give a damn what this is about, Tamsyn. I never want to see something like this again. We are in the middle of a war against creatures that are stronger and faster than all of us. We cannot afford to fight between ourselves for a single moment, or people will die. Do I make myself clear?"

Once again silence descended, though this time it was heavy and tense as green eyes glared at royal ones. Also as before, the quiet was broken by the sound of steel on stone as Tamsyn’s sword clattered to the floor. At the same time, a crumpled ball of parchment landed by Artemis’s feet.

“People dying is what worries me.” The retort was all but spat in the general’s face. “Good people.”

Artemis shook her head, opening her mouth to reply, when she noticed that the hall had grown colder and darker. The space returned to normal within the space of a breath, but the presence of magic would have been unmistakable to anyone with half a mind. Pain ebbed its way through the general’s arms a second later.

From an outside perspective, she suddenly looked like a mere apprentice who had yet to learn control; it had been years since her magic had manifested against her will. Combined with the sudden pain in her arms, where she could sense the dark magic growing in power...it could not be a coincidence. Anxiety gnawed within her, but the general would have to deal with the possibilities later.

Instead, she stood silently for several moments, ever calculating as she noticed the piece of parchment crumbled on the floor. She did not know exactly what had transpired, but instinct told her it had something to do with that piece of parchment. Artemis picked it up, not taking her eyes off of Tamsyn except to look at its contents. Surprisingly, it was blank.

A letter.

The princess stiffened in realization, her muscles coiling with the anticipation of a fight. She forced herself to relax, as Tamsyn’s statement was now made clear. Aware that they were no longer in the secure space of the war room, she stepped forward, forced to look up at her subordinate due to their difference in height. She kept her voice quiet this time, knowing that anyone could be listening.

“I can only make a few guesses as to why you would try to send a letter, Tamsyn Trelawny. You say you’re worried about people dying; so am I. But if you think that telling anyone about my plans will help them, you are wrong. You will be signing their death warrant. My mother’s spies are everywhere. If she catches even the smallest hint, she will not hesitate to spill blood.”

Artemis paused, making a decision to prove her point through more personal means. She lifted her shirt, just enough to reveal her stomach. It was a rather horrifying sight. On her right side, the skin twisted around and around, tinged an angry pink. On the left side, three wide lines sliced through the otherwise perfect skin, deep gouges that had only just begun to pale.

The scars were unmistakable--a fatal wound on the left and a terrible burn on the right. She could not completely prove that they were both caused by her mother, but Artemis did not need to. She shoved her shirt back down quickly, her point made.

“You know absolutely nothing about what the queen will do to stay in power. And allow me to remind you that I do not make idle threats. When I said I would be forced to kill you, I meant it. I will do it, not just for my sake..but also for the sake of the people you would be damning as soon as you try to send word.”

Artemis looked directly into Tamsyn’s eyes, searching for any sign that the woman would try to send word regardless of her warning. Her voice became even quieter. “Please do not force me to follow through on my threat.” It was as close to begging as the crown princess would ever get.

Gamnuri watched the confrontation unfold with an unpleasant amount of trepidation rising in his gut. He wasn’t worried for Tamsyn, and in truth he was a little surprised the general was being lenient enough to give her a second chance. Rather, it was Artemis herself that was the source of his concern. Those two clearly unintentional displays of her magical power might have simply been caused by her exhaustion and stress… but there might be a more sinister cause for them as well, perhaps related to her interaction with the dragon’s dark magic. His mind quickly skittered away from that thought, rejecting it by reflex. Of course it was just the physical and mental strain. She’d damn near died, it would’ve been more strange if there weren’t some kind of side effect to that experience.

The dwarf sighed quietly to himself and gave Axilya a wave of the hand and a grimace that was meant to indicate that it was perhaps best to withdraw for now. Tamsyn was no longer a threat to anyone present with her sword out of reach, so there was no need for any extra hands around to keep things from getting violent. Gamnuri put that suggestion into action for himself immediately afterward, turning round and heading away to allow Artemis to handle the trouble as she saw fit and Axilya to make her own choice about whether to stay or go.

The Lieutenant gave the dwarf a nod as he excused himself, taking half a step back and clasping her hands loosely behind her back. As his footsteps retreated from the hallway, her impassive gaze drifted to the General and the trembling Tamsyn, blinking once, twice. She remained still, waiting for something, anything - an order, a dismissal, a word or small gesture that might indicate if she should stay or if her part in the matter was concluded.

Pressed against the wall, Tamsyn seemed to flinch slightly everytime the general breathed on her. At her sides her hands were clenched so tightly into fists, the veins of the woman’s arms stood out all the way to the elbow, and her eyes had closed again. “I made blood oaths to my people long before I made a vow to you. Do what you must, just…” Here the voice that was so full of bravado faltered slightly as a slight pleading tone crept in. “use a blade.”

The general's shoulders dropped, disappointment and hurt weighing them down. She had hoped to reason with Tamsyn, but it seemed there would be only one option. “I can grant you that, at least.” she murmured quietly.

Artemis glanced over her shoulder at the sound of Gamnuri’s retreating footsteps. Ever the soldier, however, Lieutenant Axilya still stood there, awaiting orders. Quickly Artemis turned back to look at Tamsyn, hiding her conflicted expression as she wondered how this had come to such a terrible ending. “You may go and prepare for the journey to Arvena, Lieutenant. I can handle everything from here.”

Without waiting for the elf’s response, she unsheathed the long dagger she almost always kept with her. It had been a gift from her mentor--sharp and effective, etched with runes to keep it from becoming dull or breaking. Although she had resolved to kill anyone that threatened her plans, Artemis paused. Despite their differences, the general respected Tamsyn, even liked her. But she could not risk even a moment of weakness, especially now. The princess was nothing if not true to her word, and she never made empty threats.

She turned the blade in her hand, deciding to make the execution as painless as possible. Officially speaking, Tamsyn should be granted a court martial, but the general simply could not risk discovery. No, this would have to be done here and now. Artemis knew it was necessary, but still...she hesitated.

What are you waiting for? Kill her. She betrayed you. A voice whispered from behind, soft as the air. Artemis froze, her eyes widening as she felt something behind her. That voice...she had heard it before. She whirled around, slicing the dagger through the air in a killing blow. But there was no one. It was still just her and Tamsyn in the hall.

Why are you hesitating? She needs to die. The throbbing pain in her arms started to return now, and the hallway grew cold. Her whole body began to shake, a primal fear completely taking over.

“Show yourself!” she finally snapped, ripping the very shadow away from the walls. Light shone brightly, illuminating every speck of dust around them. The presence remained, an unmistakable feeling that assaulted her senses. But her eyes deceived her, as she could not see any sign that they were being watched.

The voice laughed, the sound echoing inside her own head. Artemis then realized it was exactly that--inside her own head. She began to recall lessons about the madness of blood mages; it always began with voices that no one else could hear.

Do it! Kill her! The voice screeched at her. The pain in her arms sharply increased, forcing a cry from her lips. But the pain was not what scared her. It was the complete helplessness she felt as she watched her arm move of its own accord, preparing to strike against Tamsyn. Her arms shook with the effort to stop the motion, but it was as if she had lost control over her own body.

Just as suddenly as the unknown presence took control, it disappeared entirely. The general fell to the floor, shaking uncontrollably as she stared at the ground. Her dagger had fallen from her grasp, but she didn’t even bother to pick it up. Hot tears streamed down her face, though she couldn’t remember when she started crying.

When Artemis finally looked up, she nearly screamed. Several feet away, four figures stood passively, each one emanating a powerful aura. She recognized one aura as magical, but the rest were completely foreign. The primal fear she felt before returned, though this time it was more in awe than absolute terror.

The figures themselves were hard to describe. The left figure was shrouded in a mixture of light and dark to the point of being indiscernible, but two distinct eyes peered out at Tamsyn and Artemis. The second seemed animal-like to Artemis, but it was constantly changing. Its fur changed colors, while its body changed shape. The effect was nauseating to see, but she almost couldn’t look away.

The third was the most...normal out of the four. The figure appeared almost human, but the look in his eyes belied an ancient and unfathomable existence. The final figure--and also the one with the magical aura--seemed to resemble a living flame with a thousand colors, blisteringly hot and bright.

Artemis remained on the floor, completely frozen. She had no idea if Tamsyn could see these figures, but she didn’t dare look away from them to check. She dared not speak, either, for fear that they would retaliate. Instinct told her that, if these beings chose to, they could kill both women with barely any effort.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of fearful silence, the figures spoke. They spoke as one, their voices mingling together into the most beautiful sound she’d ever heard. Not even the best instruments could compare. And yet, the sound only heightened her awe and fear.

“We can only do this much for you, Artemis Carrow. They will be back, and we cannot return as we are now. You must reach Arvena, but be warned. Chaos is growing, and they will try to stop you. You and your fellow mortals must restore the Balance that has been destroyed before it is too late. Order is diminished, but she is not gone. You must find a way to revive her; only then can Balance return to Eymia.”

The figures began to fade, their melodic voice dwindling. Artemis could only stare, completely dumbfounded. What the hell?

Just before they disappeared completely, the figure shrouded in light and dark spoke in a feminine voice. “Spare this one. It is not her time to die, and you will need all of your allies. You cannot succeed without them.”

With that, they disappeared completely, as if they had never been there in the first place. Artemis finally looked up at Tamsyn, her hands still shaking despite her efforts. Picking up her dagger, she got back on her feet, the feminine figure’s words repeating in her mind.

It is not her time to die.

As for the archer, she was slumped on the floor, staring wide eyed at the spot where the four figures had been. Whatever internal force had kept her calm on the precipice of death, its limit had seemingly been reached and surpassed. Her breathing was rough. The tremor which she almost had under control returned to its full strength, and a long string of snot hung from her nose.

It took the woman several moments to notice that Artemis was back on her feet. But when she did, her gaze swung magnetically to the dagger; green eyes wet and full of fear as she tried to crawl away from the general.

Artemis stared at Tamsyn as she desperately tried to put distance between them. It took her several moments to realize that time does, in fact, still move on after such a harrowing experience. Shaking her head, she placed her dagger back in its sheath then crossed her arms to keep them from shaking for a moment longer.

The gesture was a peace offering, given the woman’s obvious terror. Guilt gnawed its way through her core, and she shuddered in memory of the voice that tried to compel her to kill Tamsyn. Even though she thought herself justified only moments before, Artemis now felt almost...tainted.

“Did you...did that just happen?” she asked tentatively, her voice unusually quiet and small. The general’s mind was still reeling over what she saw and heard, but she needed to know that she wasn’t the only one who saw those figures. If Tamsyn saw them, too, then maybe I’m not going mad after all.

The redhead wiped at her face with her arm before slowly nodding. As the general’s dagger had been sheathed, Tamsyn had given up supporting herself at all and now lay flat on the floor, somehow looking much smaller than she was. Her eyes actively avoided Artemis’s gaze and, for the most part, seemed fixed on the ceiling. “Wh- What… What happens now?” Even in the corridor, these words were hard to hear.

Artemis did not answer her for several moments, her mind racing with various possibilities. Those beings, whatever they were, they had not seemed...mortal. Her thoughts drifted to Gamnuri, who had always been rather shameless about his religious fanaticism. She recalled his various rants about the gods. The general, along with the rest of the Rose Company, had always passed off his words as those of an antiquated belief system. She’d always thought that, even if the gods were real, they took no interest in their lives.

But now...she wasn’t so sure. Artemis could hardly say for certain whether they had just encountered gods, but she did know that they were unlike anything she had ever seen. And they had known her name...and where they were planning to go. Even more troubling, their presence seemed to be directly correlated with…whatever it was that had tried to control her only moments before. They mentioned something about Balance, Order, and Chaos...but none of it made sense to her.

For now, the questions in her mind would have to wait. The general turned her attention back to Tamsyn, painfully aware of the woman’s fear. Her gaze wandered over to the crumbled piece of parchment on the floor, which she must have dropped during the whole ordeal. She picked it up once more, turning it over in her hands as she contemplated their predicament.

Tamsyn’s resolve was admirable but treacherous, and she seemed to willfully ignore the danger she’d be causing for everyone--not just Artemis herself. Or perhaps she truly believed sending a letter to her people would actually help them, rather than place them at an even greater risk. Regardless, Artemis could not let it happen.

But she could not ignore what she’d been told. Even though it was quite possible--even likely--that the four figures had malicious intentions, something told Artemis to trust their words. The feeling came from a deeper instinct, though logic screamed at her that sparing Tamsyn would be foolish.

It was only after she recalled the feeling of seeing her own body move at the command of someone else that she finally came to a decision. Above all else, she knew that voice wanted her to give in to violence by killing Tamsyn. Even at the mere thought, the dark magic in her body seemed to swell in anticipation, as if it hungered for the traitor’s blood. Regardless of the meaning behind the sudden appearance of the “gods,” Artemis knew that she could not give into the voice’s compulsion.

So she decided to let Tamsyn live.

Without hesitation, the general burned the piece of parchment to ash before reaching a hand out towards the archer. “You heard them. It’s not time for you to die yet.” She paused, waiting for Tamsyn to--hopefully--take her hand as a sign of truce.

It took some time but slowly Tamsyn used her arms to push herself off the floor and up the wall before reaching out and taking the general’s hand, using it to pull herself fully upright. Tamsyn had never exactly had a tidy appearance, but even by her standards she knew she looked a mess. Her mouth hung half open, stray hairs plastered her face, there were trails under her eyes left by tears, and snot bubbled from her nose.

“What are your orders, general?” This question was asked at a volume barely louder than Tamsyn’s previous question. The woman still couldn't seem to meet the generals eyes, staring off to the side into nothing.

Artemis did not fail to notice the archer’s refusal to meet her eyes, and guilt once again twisted into her gut. Pursing her lips, she took a few steps back, giving Tamsyn space to breathe. “Prepare for the journey to Arvena. We leave before sundown.” She turned, deciding to leave the woman be for now. She would tell Commander Griel to restrict Tamsyn’s access to the messenger birds in the fort. That would have to be enough.

Glancing back at the redhead, Artemis paused as one final thought occurred to her. “Tell no one about what you saw, not until I tell you otherwise.” Until she was more certain about what they had seen, it was better to keep the information under control. With that, the general walked away, leaving Tamsyn to her own devices.

When Artemis finally reached the war room, she nearly collapsed into a chair, spent from the adrenaline. Despite her exhaustion, she only allowed herself a few moments to rest before forcing herself to stand once more.

The general wasted no time packing her things. Mentally, she catalogued the necessary supplies: extra clothes, spare set of leather armor, her bow and quiver of arrows, silver and gold, as well as woolen blankets. After changing into new clothes and armor, she left her quarters, making her way through the fort to the kitchens. They would need rations for the journey ahead.

On her way there, she passed by Commander Griel in the courtyard, taking the opportunity to relay her orders regarding Tamsyn’s access to the ravens. He listened to her in silence, but the expression in his eyes betrayed the questions racing through his mind. Artemis ignored it, trusting Rolan to follow her orders regardless.

A sudden shout from one of the guards grabbed her attention. A moment later, the entrance to the fort opened, metal and wood creaking loudly from the effort. Artemis breathed a sigh of relief, her lips forming a rare smile when she saw the reason behind the commotion. A horse carrying a familiar elven woman trotted through the gates, coming to a stop in front of the general and Commander Griel.

“Lady Thessalia, I did not expect you to return so soon. What news from Laeva?” Artemis asked, rather glad to see a member of the Rose Company who knew nothing about her blood magic--yet.

Thessalia rolled her shoulders back as she finally entered through the gates, looking forward to a short rest before she was thrown into the turmoil that seemed to always accompany the Rose Company. She dismounted her horse, fondly named Fleetfoot, allowing him to be led away for food and water.

“Laeva continues to refuse our assistance.” The sigh in Thessa’s voice was evident as the days of diplomacy with her uncle began to wear at her patience. Her aunt had been much more receptive to her suggestions of compromise while her uncle simply wanted new information on her allies. However, Thessa’s attention was drawn instead to her general as a frown tugged at her lips. “Are you alright, General?”

The princess seemed tired, and that was only what she could surmise on the surface. Weeks away from the company often left her anxiously wondering how they were faring without her, and her concern only multiplied when it came to the general.

“I hope that I didn’t miss much during my travels.” She looked at Commander Griel, her dark brows furrowing.

Artemis nodded in reply, unsurprised that King Theodas remained stubborn in his ways. In his thousand years as king, he had never been known for compromise, and it was no secret that he despised receiving help from others--especially non-elves. Still, it was a shame that he continued to put his own people at risk by refusing her aid. She had thought that Thessalia might be able to persuade him as his niece, but alas…

Shaking her head slightly, the general forced a smile when she heard Thessa’s question. “There is not much time to brief you, Lady Thessalia, but I will give you the important details. A dragon attacked Garas Harbor; we were able to defeat it but at a great cost. I will fill you in on the specifics later.

“For now, gather supplies and then meet back here in the courtyard. We leave at sundown for Arvena, and it is vital that we get there as soon as possible.”
Artemis recalled what the supposed gods had told her. You must reach Arvena, but be warned. Chaos is growing, and they will try to stop you. She still had no idea what it all meant. Hopefully, they would find answers in the famed City of Riches.

Thessa blinked at the quick briefing, but nodded quickly despite her confusion at the statement ‘great cost’. Had someone fallen in her absence? What had been sacrificed for their victory? Her lips parted to inquire further, but the princess was correct. If they left at sundown, she would need to get her things together. She placed a foot back, her dark hair bobbing as she gave the princess a low bow, followed by a nod to Commander Griel.

“I’ll go prepare then.” She raised her head and began her brisk walk towards her quarters. Her steps paused for a second as a bit of anxiety broke through her otherwise collected exterior. “And let me know if you need anything, General. I’ve found that a steaming cup of tea and a quick nap can improve one’s health exponentially.”

She spared only one glance over her shoulder before she continued walking.

Artemis nodded, giving Thessa only a slightly forced smile in response. She waited patiently until the elf disappeared from her sight before turning to Commander Griel, who once again failed to prevent his own questioning expression. She shook her head, making it clear that he was better off not knowing. Rolan huffed but said nothing.

“Send ravens to the Grand Marshals. Do not mention anything about the dragon attack or our mission to Arvena. Simply tell them to come to the fort as quickly as possible, even if it means abandoning a mission. Understood?”

“It will be done, Your Highness.” Commander Griel bowed low before turning on his heel, heading straight for the fort’s dovecote. Artemis, on the other hand, went the opposite direction towards the kitchens.

It didn’t take long to acquire military rations, though Artemis still wasn’t sure if it would quite be enough if a blizzard trapped them in the mountains. It would have to do; there were enough packs for each member of the company to carry one--in addition to all their other supplies. And a couple extra for Vultog.

With an hour to spare before sundown, the general decided to follow Lady Thessalia’s advice, returning to her quarters to brew herself a cup of tea. Unfortunately, it did little to actually calm the anxiety that weighed upon her mind. Too many unknowns were before her.

The four “gods” and the malicious voice, not to mention the illusionist at Garas Harbor with an army of insane blood mages. On top of that, their whole mission to Arvena was based on the unknown, starting with whatever Eriana had learned. She had not yet spoken with her closest friend about this whole damned situation, and Artemis couldn’t help but feel a sense of dread at the inevitable conversation they would have.

Shaking her head, she downed the rest of her tea and gathered the supplies she’d prepared, noticing that the sky outside her window was beginning to darken. It was time to leave.

The general arrived in the courtyard before everyone else. The packs of rations had already been prepared by one of the fort’s soldiers, left ready near the center. All that remained was to wait for the rest of the Rose Company.

They watched the human princess from the shadows, their lips curling into a smile. These pathetic mortals, unknowingly giving them more and more power. Before, the "Hellhounds" had been such a nuisance. But ever since this meddlesome human fell into their trap, they no longer worried if these mortals would interfere. The dragon was not truly meant to spring the trap when it did, but it no longer mattered.

Yes, letting the beast die had been worth it, for everything was falling into place now. "Artemis" would soon be under their control, and the rest of them would scatter like pitiful rats without their leader. They might even catch a few more along the way. The magic-hating woman and the cursed orc were particularly interesting...so many wonderful possibilities.

The interference of the others had been a minor setback--one that would never happen again. They chuckled, remembering the terror on the mortal princess's face when they started to take control. The more she lost control of her magic, the faster their influence spread. It would not be long before she would be unable to resist their commands. And when that time came, the others would not be there to stop them.

But there was one thing that concerned them. The other four said that Order was not completely destroyed, but surely that was not true. After all, they had watched her die, and it was her death that finally set them free. Perhaps it was a lie to distract them.

Or perhaps not.

They could not take the risk. If Order was truly alive, then they needed to accelerate their plans. It would take away much of their amusement, but ultimate victory was far more important. They turned from their prey, taking only a step before finding themselves hundreds of miles away in Evanis--the home of their favorite puppet.

They stood behind an elaborate throne of wood and gold, inlaid with precious gems. In front of them stood a court bustling with humans, elves, and and even the occasional dwarf. There were no orcs or merpeople to be seen, not in Queen Adira's court. Some sort of celebration was going on; they did not care what for. No, they were here for a very specific purpose.

Unheard and unseen, they leaned forward, invisible lips only inches from the queen's ear. She sat on her throne, looking regal but bored. As soon as they began to speak, however, she straightened. Her pupils dilated, and her lips parted slightly. Anyone who noticed the sudden change in the queen's demeanor quickly dismissed it, assuming that she'd had one too many glasses of wine.

Your daughter is trying to overthrow you. She's plotting against you even now, turning your beloved people against you. She will try to kill you. Send three assassins through the mountain pass to Arvena. She goes there to bargain with the Miser King. You must stop her.

Queen Adira stood suddenly, and the clamor of the court ceased in response. Her face was pale, and anger contorted her expression. If one looked closely, her shadow seemed to grow a bit darker. Turning on her heel, the queen left the throne room, and the celebration soon continued without her. Her queensguard followed silently, their dark armor reflecting sunlight and then torchlight as they moved deeper and deeper into the bowels of the castle.

She paused before a door made out of obsidian, seemingly carved from the very stone of the earth. She held up a hand, signaling her guard to stay put as she opened and closed it behind her. Unfathomable darkness surrounded her for several moments before white fire lit several torches along the walls, revealing what appeared to be a large dungeon. Five cells were on each side, all of them occupied except one.

In the center of the dungeon stood a large cauldron filled to the brim with a dark liquid. A bowl stood ready next to it. The queen filled it, not caring at all when the liquid splashed on her silk gown. She worked in a hazed frenzy, approaching the first occupied cell on her left. If one looked inside, all they would see were three collars connected to a chain, hanging in the air like some magician's act. Opening the cell, the queen approached the collars and held out the bowl, waiting patiently for the beast to appear.

It growled first, low rumbles that were silenced when the creature noticed the presence of its master behind the queen. The cerberus appeared then, morphing out of shadow and air to reveal its three gaping maws. It hungered for blood, but it knew the mortal queen was off-limits. Instead, it focused on the offered bowl, recognizing the scent instantly. The blood from the cauldron that had always smelled so tempting...it was finally being offered to the beast.

The cerberus leaned forward, rolling out one of its red tongues. The other two heads howled in response, begging for a taste. This put the beast into a frenzy, and the queen responded by tossing the blood onto the three heads. It was a rather terrifying sight as the three heads immediately thrashed about, each fighting the other for a chance to get another taste of blood.

When the beast finally began to calm, the queen moved forward, unlocking each collar quickly before skittering away. The beast looked at its invisible master, waiting for final permission to seek out the scent of their new target. The master nodded. The cerberus disappeared with a howl, morphing into shadow itself.

Queen Adira repeated the process twice more with two other cerberi. By the time she was done, her light blue gown looked purple. She hardly seemed to notice as she finally left the dungeon, and her queensguard made no comment as they followed her out of the depths of the castle to her quarters. When the queen finally came out of her daze, she wondered how she had made it to the baths without even realizing it, but she eventually concluded that she drank too much wine.

All the while, they had simply watched, an amused smile on their face. Satisfied that their plans were now in motion, they left their puppet queen to her own devices. Even if Order was alive, she could do nothing to stop them now.

Indeed, the Rose Company would never reach Arvena.​

w.i.p. for Lead & Glamour
Eva Laurent

General Information
Full Name:
Eva Marie Laurent​

Role:
Changeling/Glamour​

Appearance:
Beautiful hardly begins to describe the unmatched grace of Eva Laurent. Standing at an above average 5'8", she attributes her success to her preternatural good looks. Many describe her as rather innocent-looking, often characterized as the "sweetheart" of the stage. This effect is exacerbated by her wide, doe-like eyes and often messy-looking brown hair--not to mention her captivating voice. As a famous actress, Eva is always dressed to impress, wearing the latest fashions and often setting trends.​
Personal Attributes
Personality:
---​

Broadway Actress || Scire Informant​

Origin:
Nice, France​

Residence:
Manhattan, New York || A nice apartment a few blocks away from Midtown​

Biography:
----​
Miscellaneous
General Skills:
>>Singing: Her voice is what took her to the big stage in the first place; her looks and "star quality" kept her there.​
>>Silver-Tongue: Like many Glamours, Eva knows how to work her way around a conversation, though she often doesn't even need to use her magic to manipulate others--especially if they're susceptible to seduction.​

Trivia Facts:
>>She speaks both French and English, and she'll often switch between the two without necessarily realizing it.​
>>According to the local tabloid, she's currently in a feud with a fellow (human) actress who has been allegedly slandering her name. In reality, the two are good friends; it's all a publicity stunt. In a few months, they plan to "forgive and forget."​

Delaney "Del" Perkins

Reincarnation of:
Livia Drusilla, Diva Augusta and Mother of Rome

Photographer

Biography:

Personality:
Del only takes one thing seriously: her photography. In all other aspects of her life, she takes an unflinching "go-with-the-flow" attitude. She considers herself a free spirit, willing to go where the wind takes her. As a result, Del struggles to tie herself down anywhere, and she has very few close friends. Those who do get to know her characterize Del as carefree and spontaneous...but also terribly indecisive about the "big stuff." She's incredibly outgoing and talkative with a tendency to get anxious if she's not doing something for an extended period of time. However, when it comes to her photography, Del becomes a strict, no-nonsense person with an eye for the details. She becomes quiet and focused, unwilling to stop until she feels satisfied with her work. Rumor has it that she once stayed away for over 50 hours trying to capture the perfect shot. But that's just a rumor...right?

Education:

Family:

4947e99b61685c37f9dddbd9ae7b5830.jpg
Basic Information
Full Name:
Eirian Mari-Hyledd Dynevor​

Nickname:
Rian​

Title:
Second Prince of Yslan​

Gender/Pronouns:
Non-binary (they/them)​

Sexuality:
Pansexual​
Personal Attributes
Appearance:
Although they stand rather short at 5'4", Prince Rian has always been an imposing presence. They are always the epitome of etiquette and poise; one would never mistake them for anything less than royalty. Their actual appearance is a study in contradictions. Their sharp jawline and large brows give an air of masculinity, but their femininity is unmistakable. Although they often choose to dress more androgynous, it is not uncommon to see the prince wearing regal gowns and sparkling jewels. Overall, the prince possesses an unconventional sort of beauty that has attracted many.​

Personality:
---​

History:
---​
Miscellaneous
Magic:
Water Elemental​

Strengths:
---​

Weaknesses:
---​

2cb0daf7b64f64ef23c6b6107ddcd76c.jpg