Online Availability
Varies, but often.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Given talks from elsewhere in other ooc's there seems to be a strong interest for a Demon Slayer RP, yet a lack of will in making it, so here I am to ruin save the day. Haha..ah… (enjoy the wall of text)

New post ideas;

Given I can't add on a poll to this now, I'll be making a straw poll, vote on it or comment in post.

Either way for those of you who know of the anime of do not, Kimetsu is basically the story of a Demon Slayer and his friends out to fight a Demon. Said Demon was the creation of a medicine some 1000 years ago and his blood can be used to make more demons. Currently the story seems to be heading for a close and I'm not all that big on AU's as I personally believe the magic of these settings is based not on the setting, but the characters within them. As a result I have 0 interest in taking over the story of Tanjiro and his friends as the end product may be very different as that chemistry is not there. These stories are built around the characters, however that does not mean the setting it's self is trash or worthless, in fact it opens many interesting ideas.

To elaborate more on the Demon Slayer Corps and the nature of Demons within Kimetsu, in reflection of traditional Japanese military doctrine of the period Demon slayers tend to be few in number and die, they die a lot. I cannot understate this, the vast majority of Slayers met on the road die soon after with a few exceptions. A Huge part of this can be laid down to the poor limited instructions and training regiment used by the Slayers which tends to follow the mantra of "following the leader" rather than the leader teaching you and becomes a Darwin fest. Slayers posses unique nigh near superhuman swordsmenship and physical skills that push the boundaries of the human condition and fight often out of revenge or a sense of Duty.

Demons on the other hand seem to be heavily inspired by Vampire Myths of the middle ages period and possess unique abilities, powers and skills. If a Slayer is the perfect form of the Human, then the Demons are the perfect form of darkness. Generally and with few exception, demons gain power from the amount of people they kill and eat. They also cannot for the vast majority age, die or even go out into the sun. In addition while mutations exist, the red eyes or oddities on most demons give them away rather easily, thus they tend to attack from ambush or on isolated communities. In essence the Japanese public even in the era of the Meiji restoration and the first introduction of electricity and steam trains, knew nothing about the creatures.

The problem comes with as I said, I don't much like UA's as if you don't have a good cast you have just made a cheap imitation in essence. So how can you make use of this story and keep it so that one's pc's aren't endless Darwin awards? Well I have two concepts and a third in mind.

Idea one and my least favorite, is that we are one of the slayer squads before the story of Tanjiro or as an alternate squad in Japan. This would be the easiest option, however I'm not a fan of it as chiefly we all die or are fighting a sideline action. We do have a thousand years of history and the clans to play with however, but ultimately we would fail in the task so as to keep with the Canon.

Idea Two, this takes place after the defeat of yee ole demon king source. Given he was a well traveled man who understood the world around him, Muzan may have went overseas, though the Shogun was unlikely to have allowed such and the RP seems to be on the turn of the Century as the Anti-sword edicts have not came into effect. Also this process was done to him by a doctor during the Hien period. This raises some interesting questions if you know of the regions history. With this idea, he was not the only demon and the spread of them went to the Asian Mainland, following the Silk Road and creating the legends of the Jiangshi and European Vampires, who's abilities and weaknesses seem to fit in this.

In this storyline Demon hunters would join with others in the late 1800's and early 1900's to finish off the plague upon Humanity once and for all. In principle Knightly orders, the Vatican, maybe even secret societies would do this and a variety of demons would be hunted across the world. The problem is here however that the breathing style is likely a purely Japanese thing, other concepts may be needed for other organizations or they rely on far more brutal force and mechanization. An example of this would be a Catholic hunter may have no idea how to use a fire breathing technique, but he may have studied along similar lines and is absurdly powerful with a mace, and a Chinese hunter may use a repeating crossbow to pin his foe as they go in for a neck slice.

Idea three that I had was a setting in the modern era or near modern era. Even now a great many people whish to beat death or have shallow concern for their fellow man and out science now allows one to study the DNA of people long dead. In this case the blade that killed Muzan as well as other demon slayer weapons were stolen. These weapons in turn had the DNA studied and step by step the blood was artificially recreated and is now being marketed by a secret order if you will. Given this is the modern age it is possible that the blood could be weaponized, sold to useful idiots or been part of a cult. The fact is regardless in an age where smart phones are more common than running water, there is no way this would stay under wraps.

Given the "softer" manner in which people today behave, it is likely an official response would be needed and the problem eradicated. A Human protection law of some sort. The problem here is "muh guns" "muh tanks & drones". One, you can't shell every home, two it is impossible to put a tank or a drone on every block, military forces are too small and three, the nature of the demons.

Given they seem to pick the time and place of an attack that puts the ball in their court firmly. In some cases forces could be brought to bare and the Demon neutralized. In fact portable UV lights should be able to burn them and I firmly believe that a .308 or a HMG would easily be able to sever the neck, small arms would have difficulty with this. The problem is the enemy likes to fight in close and has supernatural powers and trapping abilities that even today we cannot contend with. So the old ways and a responsive force would be needed. The RP would likely take off with a training unit on deployment to deal with said cult.

As to good demons for pc's that is a possibility in the third rp with some grimdark aspects tacked on.

Overall I am looking for active players who can keep an interest, maybe a co-gm or two and some feedback. Posting expectations of the project will be once a week at a minimum and of a two paragraph or so length. Player deaths may or may not be a thing in this depending on what others say or interest shown.

Comments, preferences, suggestions, counter offers? At the very least state which of the three basic ideas are of interest to you please.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards number 2 due to the fact I'm a mythology buff.

But the crowd asks, how does one win a Darwin Award eh?

I'm leaning towards number 2 due to the fact I'm a mythology buff.

But the crowd asks, how does one win a Darwin Award eh?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If over the course of narration you are told not to attack enemy one alone and do so, you are likely going to die. If you attempt running though a giant spider web you will be bug food. Things like this. Largely if this happens or not will depend on player feedback. Determination, trickery, a bit of skill and team work will serve one better than honorable dueling.

Hmmm I have thoughts. I’m definitely interested and will try my best to work with you and help out as much as I can :D

Well put em up here or drop me a DM.

I'm torn between 2 and 3. I'll be happy with either option honestly

2 or 3, wondering if either options would be region-locked somewhat though and where.

2 or 3, wondering if either options would be region-locked somewhat though and where.

RP two would concern regions in the remote parts of Eurasia and you would be working with other secret orders.

RP Three would be, you are part of a global anti-terrorism force sanctioned by the UN, like a police force, this could be tied to one nation or global dispatch.

I'm interested and leaning most towards Idea 3, with Idea 2 as a fairly close runner-up.

Idea 3 gives me the feeling it has the most potential in possible hooks as far as story telling purposes go and Idea 2 gets me in a(n) -even more- grimdark vibe and sort of makes me think the interaction between the Demon Hunters would be most fun in that setting, what with all the different origins and cultures mixing together.

So, I'm actually also a bit torn between Idea 2 & 3...

I hope the above makes sense, it's insanely early/late here. :)

That's fine, I might write out details for both and then throw up a poll.

still gotta watch demon slayer (will start tomorrow) but i'm totally down!

Haven't watched the anime but I'm working through the manga, which I'm enjoying.

I'll go a little contrarian and say I actually would prefer option 1. I don't think a Slayer story has to end with killing Muzan to be worth telling. Even a story of Slayers who never even run into Moon ranked demons can be interesting. What's important is the emotions and relationships. Might be particularly interesting (for a historically/culturally-oriented group of players) to set a game during, say, the Gempei Wars that ended the Heian era, or the Sengoku period which would then intertwine the stories with the turmoil of a generation of war.

For option 2, an obvious point of departure would be Hideyoshi's invasions of Korea. That brought large numbers of Japanese forces and support personnel into contact with both Koreans and Chinese (Ming dynasty).

Option 3 introduces some nice possibilities with regard to deep state/conspiracy stuff. Especially if demons with their immortality and abilities have infiltrated and completely compromised the agencies that are supposed to be hunting them....

I'll be editing in for options 2 and 3 as there was only one interest shown for one, a poll will be made, given some information in the latest chapters and final ep of s1 of the anime, a more definite time frame is in mind for when this all took place a somewhat concerning note at that, details will be shown.

Reactions: Ariel
Alright so, with little bits of information, here are the two top contenders, I'll be calling out those of you who posted here and a poll for each title will be listed at the top. If you are an observer of this topic, though not called out, please vote.

@Ariel @Mr.Scales ⚖ @Tybalt @Orikanyo @EmperorsChosen @Jessica2477 @Demon Shinobi @Azurian Dream

Kimetsu no Yaiba Journey to the West.

It is the 1880's, the "Demon" Muzan is dead and the Slayers are now without purpose, their duty done and the Modernization and Anti Sword edict of Japan is in full swing. What schools of the breathing styles which are left are deep underground and in the Rural areas as public backlash against anything perceived Samurai builds in the wake of the Satsuma Rebellion. The Siberian Railway is being finalized, the Suez Canal is in operation, the Ottomans are on their last legs and Japan has unquestionable Dominion over Korea as China stands on the verge of chaos. The world is progressing. Vampires, Demons, ghosts, swords, they possessions of fools and the past. Myths of a bygone era.

However Duty is not yet finished for the Slayers and mysterious figures of Templar orders, the Vatican and China have reached the Japanese shore, seeking out the slayers. Muzan was not the first and nor was he the last. With hostile forces all around and a quickly changing world, hunters of old decide to go out with a final hoorah, a Journey across the old world to remove it's self of the plague, so that these legends will be just that, legends. From the inner reaches of Mongolia to the Castle of Count Dracula, this will be the final crusade. Werewolf, Jianshi, Devil, Demon, Vampire, it doesn't make a damn, all must fall.

Even should the world not remember these hunters, even should the world hunt them and dismiss them, the threat of things which go bump in the night is very much alive and well. Besides not like the world has any more use of these Relics than it does the monsters.. But it never was about fame was it?

Kimetsu no Yaiba Millennium Dawn

The year is 20XX, Mankind continues to wrestle with many foes as it's environment and geopolitical shifts batter all. Muzan has long since been defeated, not even a myth to the general public, the pillars are long since gone, the breathing styles little more than family secrets. Passed on from age to age, from parent to child, the weapons of old that slayed the last of the demons lays within shrines a reminder of constant vigilance and of the past.

However greed, human greed and fear it was one constant of that time which has grown all the more stronger. From scant details and one house head going rouge, the fantastical tales of power and immortality left hollowed halls, solemn oaths shattered and did those with power tank notice. The weapons were stolen one by one and the works of Science have brought back what should not have been, Blue Spider Lily.

With the Drug made once more, did mankind find it's self at war in a terrible scale, some of those within the elite were more than willing to give up humanity, those who wished to be more like gods, the team who found and made the drug and shadowy syndicates. Coups, counter coups, hysteria, terrorism, if not for the sheer inhumanity and weaponization of the conflict it might would have escaped the typical news cycle.

This all came to a head during a rather horrific period known as the 10th Day War, in which Demonkind attempted to inflict it's direct control over the nations and people of man, leading to the UN passing the "Humankind Preservation Law" became a reality, for once humanity, if only begrudgingly and in the need of common defense has united to defeat the Demon threat. During the Seven Day War, Modern technologies were found to be of limited effect, heavy weapons while always successful were not always practical and collateral damage was not always acceptable. While in Russia a BM-21 being unleashed upon a theater was met with scant public complaints, an M1A2 blasting a gas station was met with public protest...

It was then that a solution had presented it's self three fold, one the students and heads of the former Demon Slayers had entered the fray where possible, utilizing amazing swordsmanship skills, two some soldiers by merit of Darwinism had not only survived but thrived in the CQC hell, developing impressive tactics and weapons selection with the integration of Melee weapons, and three... The Demons themselves..

Or to be more spot on, the gassing attacks which lead to large forces of these Demons coming to fruitarian during the 10th Day war, however like the legends of long before, not all of these Demons hungered for human blood, some be it out of love, willpower or chance genetic chance, while having the same battle effectiveness, many of them game to hate their "brethren" and would fight of their own violation, in many cases they seem youthful, though with some exception and some other demons have taken well to blood packs not needing human flesh, even still though both groups are a minority and typically not trusted by the Public.

When taken together, these three forces were unified under UN Command as United Nations Demon Enforcement Unit, though many just call them the Demon Slayer Corps. And while Civilians and the religious groups may welcome this new command enforcing the Purity of Mankind, the heart of Corruption still beats alive and well.. Be it some Militia in Jordan.... Or the man in the suit right behind you.

A New Age needs a New Slayer.

ah fuck now both seems cool.

Alright so, with little bits of information, here are the two top contenders, I'll be calling out those of you who posted here and a poll for each title will be listed at the top. If you are an observer of this topic, though not called out, please vote.

@Ariel @Mr.Scales ⚖ @Tybalt @Orikanyo @EmperorsChosen @Jessica2477 @Demon Shinobi @Azurian Dream

Kimetsu no Yaiba Journey to the West.

It is the 1880's, the "Demon" Muzan is dead and the Slayers are now without purpose, their duty done and the Modernization and Anti Sword edict of Japan is in full swing. What schools of the breathing styles which are left are deep underground and in the Rural areas as public backlash against anything perceived Samurai builds in the wake of the Satsuma Rebellion. The Siberian Railway is being finalized, the Suez Canal is in operation, the Ottomans are on their last legs and Japan has unquestionable Dominion over Korea as China stands on the verge of chaos. The world is progressing. Vampires, Demons, ghosts, swords, they possessions of fools and the past. Myths of a bygone era.

However Duty is not yet finished for the Slayers and mysterious figures of Templar orders, the Vatican and China have reached the Japanese shore, seeking out the slayers. Muzan was not the first and nor was he the last. With hostile forces all around and a quickly changing world, hunters of old decide to go out with a final hoorah, a Journey across the old world to remove it's self of the plague, so that these legends will be just that, legends. From the inner reaches of Mongolia to the Castle of Count Dracula, this will be the final crusade. Werewolf, Jianshi, Devil, Demon, Vampire, it doesn't make a damn, all must fall.

Even should the world not remember these hunters, even should the world hunt them and dismiss them, the threat of things which go bump in the night is very much alive and well. Besides not like the world has any more use of these Relics than it does the monsters.. But it never was about fame was it?

Kimetsu no Yaiba Millennium Dawn

The year is 20XX, Mankind continues to wrestle with many foes as it's environment and geopolitical shifts batter all. Muzan has long since been defeated, not even a myth to the general public, the pillars are long since gone, the breathing styles little more than family secrets. Passed on from age to age, from parent to child, the weapons of old that slayed the last of the demons lays within shrines a reminder of constant vigilance and of the past.

However greed, human greed and fear it was one constant of that time which has grown all the more stronger. From scant details and one house head going rouge, the fantastical tales of power and immortality left hollowed halls, solemn oaths shattered and did those with power tank notice. The weapons were stolen one by one and the works of Science have brought back what should not have been, Blue Spider Lily.

With the Drug made once more, did mankind find it's self at war in a terrible scale, some of those within the elite were more than willing to give up humanity, those who wished to be more like gods, the team who found and made the drug and shadowy syndicates. Coups, counter coups, hysteria, terrorism, if not for the sheer inhumanity and weaponization of the conflict it might would have escaped the typical news cycle.

This all came to a head during a rather horrific period known as the 10th Day War, in which Demonkind attempted to inflict it's direct control over the nations and people of man, leading to the UN passing the "Humankind Preservation Law" became a reality, for once humanity, if only begrudgingly and in the need of common defense has united to defeat the Demon threat. During the Seven Day War, Modern technologies were found to be of limited effect, heavy weapons while always successful were not always practical and collateral damage was not always acceptable. While in Russia a BM-21 being unleashed upon a theater was met with scant public complaints, an M1A2 blasting a gas station was met with public protest...

It was then that a solution had presented it's self three fold, one the students and heads of the former Demon Slayers had entered the fray where possible, utilizing amazing swordsmanship skills, two some soldiers by merit of Darwinism had not only survived but thrived in the CQC hell, developing impressive tactics and weapons selection with the integration of Melee weapons, and three... The Demons themselves..

Or to be more spot on, the gassing attacks which lead to large forces of these Demons coming to fruitarian during the 10th Day war, however like the legends of long before, not all of these Demons hungered for human blood, some be it out of love, willpower or chance genetic chance, while having the same battle effectiveness, many of them game to hate their "brethren" and would fight of their own violation, in many cases they seem youthful, though with some exception and some other demons have taken well to blood packs not needing human flesh, even still though both groups are a minority and typically not trusted by the Public.

When taken together, these three forces were unified under UN Command as United Nations Demon Enforcement Unit, though many just call them the Demon Slayer Corps. And while Civilians and the religious groups may welcome this new command enforcing the Purity of Mankind, the heart of Corruption still beats alive and well.. Be it some Militia in Jordan.... Or the man in the suit right behind you.

A New Age needs a New Slayer.

I gotta agree with Ori that both seem like really good ideas that could be played in a multitude of ways. However, as being indecisive doesn't do much, I'll go ahead and say I think the "better" option would be the modern one. If only because the notion of having to return to more traditional methods and how they interact in a more modern world could be a good way of showing contrasting personalities, ideologies, and it gives a few more options for weapons innovation. Also, as @Ariel brought up, the notion of conspiracies, demons having infiltrated the organizations set to protect the world from them, and a multitude of other plot lines could work well together.

I'd also point out that these ideas kind of feel like more of a timeline. So it could all tie into one another and be used to lead from one to the next, obviously barring the events of the canon proper.

Regardless, one things I wanted to discuss was the notion of the Breath Styles. It's come to my attention that they are essentially just given stylistics for flair, but don't actually do anything beyond augmenting physicality. I'm pretty sure you were around when I learned that in another OOC. That said, would you be opposed to the notion that maybe they do grant more supernatural abilities involving the elements like water, fire, lightning, etc. They could also be used to achieve a host of other effects comparable to the blood demon arts. Albeit, I would say make these much higher level techniques and abilities that are harder to utilize in succession without proper training.

Breath styles actually having an effect I might be willing to allow if it's the way it seems in the anime artistic wise, doesn't seem unreasonable.

And I take it by the first remark you would want a continuation rp of sorts with the two? I'm not too sure I want to commit to something that long term, mostly as I highly doubt we'll reach it, or did you have something else in mind?

@Demon Shinobi

Yeah, I meant primarily like how they're used in the anime. I don't think growth and additional skills couldn't be created in the long run, but I'd say sticking to the source and using those as a basis would be for the best. glad you're open to the idea though. It isn't a deal breaker if we drop the water wheels, water dragon, or fire and lightning swords and stuff, but I think they open the game up for variations and techniques.

Also, no I don't think we should commit to an extremely long roleplay. I'm saying that the ideas (while they work as individual games) can be used to build off each other. For instance, if we go with a modern setting, the defense unit being established could have been initially thought up or conceived in the 1880s. But disbanded for a time until a new cause came up. But since covertly working when so much was out in the open now wasn't an option, the heads opted for a more forward approach. Or we can use the ancient clans as a basis for OCs and what not. There is an air of interconnectivity between the different roleplay ideas is what I was getting at lol

@RedArmyShogun

Ah, I'll likely make a timeline off of that if that's what's done, as to the limited magic and stuff the swords visually showcase, I don't mind those effects being real tbh.

Reactions: Demon Shinobi
Poll was left up for two days with only three votes (just like Western Democracy) our winner has been chosen. The sign up will be coming in the next few days. Any questions or comments please drop em here.