Killer Romance : The Price of Love [CLOSED SIGN UPS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG HARRY POTTER OMG OMG OMG
Sorry, I'm one of the 'literally doesn't know how many times they've read the whole series in a row, much less their favorite, but its been at least 10 times' and 'saw all of the movies and the newer ones (once I was old enough) at midnight preview and already has a notification set up to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them opening night as well'. Basically I really like Harry Potter. [Not to brag but I've read all James/Lily fanfics over 80k words....Or, I had up to about 4 months ago.] Like really like Harry Potter.

But I digress. *calms down*

OMG HARRY POTTER

Okay so I like your character, though you will need to get your five possessions chosen. If she's gonna have her wand, keep in mind that that is one of them. Also, since I LOVE Harry Potter, read fanfiction, read stories(the books), watch movies, write fanfiction kind of deal I'm gonna know the properties and such of magic. Like how you cannot just make food out of thin air and the like. So, I know some people aren't as strict on the magic side, but it gets OP fast so keep in mind I'll be on top of that.

Otherwise I love her, I think she's well made. She's more obsessed with knowledge than bravery, but she's also not a whimp and that's something that people forget- that houses aren't as black and white as people would like to believe. Can't wait to see her played out. :)
No need to fret! I def haven't read as much fan fiction, but I feel you on the whole hardcore potterhead thing lol. I have zero intention of using magic in an OP way (though if you feel that I do end up doing something silly, obviously feel free to let me know and I will happily change anything that needs changing), but yeah haha I'm also a HUGE Harry Potter fan~ xP

As for the five possessions -- I'm still deciding on them... That's why they're not listed yet, haha I've gotta think about it a little more. But I know the wand will be one of them, so I listed that one. When I decide on the other four, I'll let you know!

And in regards to the houses thing -- that is so true! My friends and I are always talking about how we think everyone has, like, a "secondary" house, if you will. :P Anywho, I'm really excited to play an HP character in a not HP universe. Dis gon' be fuuuuuun~

Reactions: HelloBeautifulChild
WIP
connor_by_moni158-d5l28l4.png

Name:
Shin-Li of the Southern Water Tribe
Looks:
Fandom/Universe
:
Avatar: The Last Airbender -- Legend of Korra Era
Fandom/Universe Short Description:
In the world of Avatar, there are four countries: Fire Nation, Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, and the Air Nomads. Each country has benders and nonbenders corresponding with their namesake (i.e. waterbenders from the Water Tribes), although intermarrying is not uncommon. After the 100 Year War, a large portion of the Earth Kingdom was "cut out" to create the Republic City and the United Republic of Nations. In Shin-Li's time, Amon (a masked man trying to create equality for nonbenders through violent means) and the Equalists are still rising to power, and the Avatar (Korra) has not been revealed to the world. He himself grew up in the Southern Water Tribe but left for Republic City and then later returned home.
Family:
Mother -- Kami -- living -- 59
Father -- Li -- deceased -- 55 (when deceased)
Current Relationship Status:
Single
Biography:
Shin-Li grew up in the Southern Water Tribe with his mother and father. When he was about 18, he decided to move to Republic City to become a detective. However, his plans were cut short when he got word that his father had died in an avalanche. Shin-Li, knowing his mother was a fragile woman emotionally, decided to move back to the Southern Water Tribe to care for her. He already knew how to hunt and fish from his previous years in the tribe, so he quickly took up the "art" again--as well as continuing to hone his water bending skills. He was on a hunting trip when he was teleported.
Your Role Play Schedule:
I can post as little or as often as needed.
Powers/Strengths:
+Water Bender: Shin-Li is a water bender, but he relies more on his own wit and weapons to get by.
+Weapons/Survival: He knows how to survive in the icy tundra of the Southern Water Tribe, and he knows how to use quite a few weapons.
+Calm: Shin-Li is of a naturally calm disposition and is rarely provoked to anger.
Weaknesses:
-Water Bending: Because he relies more on weapons and wit, Shin-Li is not the best water bender out there. But he's skilled enough to put up a fight.
-Emotions: He's not very good at understanding emotions, as he isn't a very emotional person. Even after his father died, he only felt a brief period of grief before moving on. However, that doesn't mean he doesn't care. In fact, he cares a lot about the people he loves, and he would do anything to protect them.
-Fire/Hot Climates: He does not do well in hot climates or when around fire. He prefers the cold.
5 Possessions and Clothing:
Clothing is as seen in the pictures.
1. Bow
He had his bow on him when he was teleported.
2. Quiver of Arrows
He was on a hunting trip, so he has seven arrows left.
3. Compass
Hunting trip = compass
4. Canteen of water
Hunting trip = canteen of water
5. Knife
He has a knife strapped to his belt that he uses in case an animal (or a hostile person) gets a little too close for comfort.
Current Occupation:
Hunter/Fisherman​

Last edited:
A Sarong is basically a single, long piece of cloth that is wrapped around one's self in various styles and tucked or pinned into place.

Name: Kirigama Saito
Age (18-22): 18
Looks:
Anime_Guy_by_lebobs.jpg

Young male with white spiky hair, greyish eyes and somewhat pale skin, likes to dress in white

Fandom/Universe: Soul Eater

Fandom/Universe Short Description: Death Weapons, eating of souls, witches, kishin, madness

Family: Never met his father as his soul became a kishin egg when e was young, and his mother was forced to kill him to prevent him turning into a full fledged Kishin

Current Relationship Status: Single, and not particularly fond of that fact

Biography: Kiri doesn't like to talk about his history very much, finding it irrelevant to others for the most part, and only giving vague answers when pressed, he lost his father when he was young and never seemed to recover form the loss of the man who would normally teach him how to use his powers as a weapon, he soon found his way into Death Weapon Meister Academy, or DWMA for short, though he never found anyone who could utilize him to his fullest, he's yet to discover his Soul Wavelength's special skill, but he's sure it's powerful

Your Role Play Schedule: Most of the day GMT, and till quite late at night most nights, Thursdays there is a gap of about 4 hours from 6PM GMT to 10PM GMT

Powers/Strengths:
Ability to transform into a sword (http://fiberglassblades.com/images/Shinken-5.jpg)
Ability to see and consume evil souls for power
Ability to transform limbs into blades to fight as half weapon
Ability to utilze many wavelengths from his own soul, and that of his wielder, his own Special Wavelength is known as the Skill Killer, though no-one knows what it does

Weaknesses: Not a great fighter on his own, skeptical of other's powers until he sees them for himself, sometimes distanced from those he does not know

5 Possessions and Clothing: His suit, his lighter, a small bottle of whiskey, his cellphone and his satchel

Current Occupation: Student, currently studying at DWMA, in the EAT class

Last edited:
I've never read homestuck, so you'd still have to go into detail. However, if you wanna do homestuck you can. :)
Thanks! This is gonna be a long one, sorry. c:

Name: Paul Derick
Age (18-22): 18

Looks: Paul keeps himself looking good at all times, with clear skin, lint-free clothes, and a movie star smile. The only thing he can't seem to manage is his short brown hair, which tends to do whatever it wants; he keeps it covered at all times with a poofy orange hat emblazoned with a bold black "Q". He is fairly short for his age and somewhat pudgy-looking, with a small, rounded nose and large, expressive blue eyes -- not that you'd ever know, since he always keep them covered as well, this time with a rounded pair of sunglasses with dark, shiny lenses. Everything about him, from the way he dresses to the way he carries himself, says class and importance. He especially likes to call attention to the jeweled rings on his fingers.

Fandom/Universe: Homestuck
Fandom/Universe Short Description: The core of HS's universe is an interdimensional computer game called Sburb. Its origins are impossible to trace, but in short, it is the way that universes propagate. When you play the game, it becomes real, and your home planet is destroyed by meteors -- but this is only a small sacrifice. Should you conquer the innumerable trials set before you, your victory will be rewarded with free reign in an entirely new universe of your own creation. Time shenanigans, silly terminology, convoluted plots, and video game mechanics made real abound.

Family: Due to Sburb's aforementioned destruction of his home world, Mundus, Paul's only surviving family is his 16-year-old brother, Patrick (Patt for short), who is also playing the game.

Current Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle, but starting to face terrifying paranoia that he might be gay. Do not bring it up. He'll probably get super defensive about it if you do.

Biography: Before Sburb, Paul worked in a novelty pizza restaurant called Pizza Palace. Though his brother got fed up with the business and quit some time ago, Paul always loved his job. He apprenticed under several local chefs, even tutoring briefly under the world-renowned Chet Flambi, and eventually climbed the ranks to become Pizza Palace's head chef. Pizza was his life.

Until the game started, of course. Paul didn't have much say in the matter, nor would he ever want to put his comfortable life at risk; someone nearby started playing the game, and suddenly there were deadly meteors flying for his house. At that point it was either acquire a copy and enter the game, or die. Luckily Patrick was around to help him with the initial fights until he found his footing. The world they originally came from had plentiful magic and no official law enforcement meant that fighting skills were a must, but Paul had always gone out of his way to avoid all that crap.

Your Role Play Schedule: I check in several times a day, but I only write posts when inspiration and motivation hit me. This usually averages out to once every 2-3 days.

Powers/Strengths:
Fetch Modus: In the Homestuck world, everyone has an inventory called a "sylladex." It basically functions like any classic video game inventory, just with silly terminology -- items are "captchalogued" into "captchalogue cards" and can be retrieved according to rules set by their "fetch modus." Modii often resemble data structures, but they can also mimic board games or something similarly esoteric. Without going into too much detail on Paul's modus, what this means for the RP's sake is that he can carry up to ten things of reasonable size (another person would be too big to captchalogue) without being "weighed down" and retrieve them from thin air at will. Just think of it like a small video game inventory, only real.

Title: All Sburb players are gifted with a "class" and an "aspect," which together form their title. You can think of the class as a type of RPG character, like warrior or mage or healer, and the aspect like their element -- one details how the powers are used and their overarching role, and the other governs the nature of the powers themselves. Paul's role is Knight of Mind. Knights exploit their aspect as a weapon, and Mind deals with decisions, mental energy (as opposed to physical energy), and direction for oneself. All Paul figured out before he was zapped away (again) is that his role deals specifically with alternate timelines, and something about mirrors.

Communication through dreams: Those who are destined to play Sburb have a physical "dream self" that wakes up on a different planet -- in Paul's case, Derse, the kingdom of darkness -- when they go to sleep. This makes their dreams particularly lucid, and always in the same place. But now that Paul is out of Sburb's "reach," so to speak, wherever he dreams now, it sure as hell ain't Derse. Just some endless black void. But soon he'll figure out that he can pull others into this void too, and whatever happens there sticks in their memories even after they wake up.

Street smarts: Working in a popular pizza restaurant on a planet known for its species diversity, Paul has seen all kinds of crazy customers, from battle-hungry five-year-olds to literal dragons. He's jaded to the idea of magic, so it's not easy to catch him off guard. And since he actively avoids getting himself into insane quests and mystical journeys, he knows his way around an ordinary city block.

Weaknesses:
Fistkind: Paul doesn't have any formal weapons training, nor does he really want it. When he fights, he does so with his fists; while Sburb has artificially increased his strength slightly to give him a fighting chance, he's obviously at a huge disadvantage against people with more experience.

Poor attitude: There's no mincing words, really. Paul is kind of an asshole. Lording over others is where he feels most comfortable. When other people don't give him what he wants, he's not above striking up an argument. When faced with tough challenges, however, he buckles into cowardice, often choosing to back down and let other people handle it for him. While still trying to appear as cool as possible, of course.

Clothes: Since Sburb supplies a process for combining objects together in insane ways, Paul was able to fashion the perfect outfit for him. He wears a dark orange suit tailored especially for him, complete with a black tie, fashionable shoes, and jewelry adorning his fingers. And as mentioned in his appearance, you'll never see him without his poofy orange hat with the Q on it or his impenetrably dark sunglasses.

Possessions:
Paul has no need for a bookbag; everything he has on-hand is kept in his sylladex.
- A standard smartphone
- A spare suit, this one a dark blue color instead
- A turtle skull
- A slice of novelty chocolate pizza, kept fresh by his sylladex
- A wallet containing a few boonbucks (Sburb currency) and about 70 aurums (Mundusian currency, now useless)

Current Occupation: He doesn't like to think about Pizza Palace being destroyed by meteors. Please don't mention it to him.

Last edited:
Heller! I love your character, she's well made and I get the impression you really know her through and though. My old question is the pet dragon, I definitely don't want pets (with the exception of pokemon) unless they're normal for that universe. I've read (some) of the books and I don't see dragons as usual pets. Also, I'm okay with pink hair but it'd have to be dyed.

Other than the dragon and the hair, you're good. :)
Then can she have a pet owl then? I was kinda thinking that Fianna is having trust issues so iif she have a pet, she'll be having episodes where she was just constantly talking to it and telling the owl her secrets. Anyway, I can change the dragon and choose a completely new possession.

As for the hair, I'll just say that she started dyeing it at the age 15

I believe I am going to throw my two dice in, and it seems like there was a sudden influx of males and now females are now in the need, I'm gonna count first and see which side needs which before attempting to throw something out, though it seems that I just may be too late... again, gonna count ^^

Eh it seems like you're even right now! I'll just go ahead and make a character then cause you'll have one more slot for each gender if all the current get accepted.

Name: Will Leblanc
Age (18-22): 21
Looks:
zedd-press-2013-650c.jpg

Fandom/Universe: Sherlock
Fandom/Universe Short Description: Sherlock is a British crime drama television series and a contemporary adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories.
Current Relationship Status: Single
Biography: Will was a simple photographer living in London, England, with a knack of following around the famous Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, taking pictures with the both of them, and once actually helping Sherlock on a case that seemed rather.. Difficult to some people. Something about there being three brothers, and one of them was Mark... A note left later on in the day saying "? Templeson. He broke your window." And it was then were Will had helped the man he so wished to be, yet whom he wouldn't be able to because the London Metro wouldn't allow him because of his weight standards, (125-130 at such a young age.) Now and then, he would simply take photos of the man as he performed his investigation skills while on a crime. While one day alone after a long day of taking pictures of a murder committed in London Square for the London Telegraph, he began doing his own research on the murder, before laying his eyes into an endless sleep, which to him, would thus lead him to wake up in the shack with his research back home.
Your Role Play Schedule: Mondays Thru Thursdays: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM 6:35 PM to around 1:30 AM. Fridays thru Sundays: The entire day
Powers/Strengths: Will is generally a soft and kind person, being a type of person who will lead forward during an event, yet somehow manage to keep the minimal amount attention to himself. Quiet, compassionate, and loyal to the end, he sticks by his friends side and leaves no one behind, yet tries to not cause too much trouble nor attention to himself. He will tend to those in need, and try to do whatever it takes to be respectful and on good terms with the other.
Weaknesses: His introverted interior and exterior makes him a hard person to speak to, and will generally cause him to be flustered when attention is reverted to him. Will also has a tendency to be shy around women, usually simply looking at them respectfully but not causing much more than a smile... Trying to go up to a woman is difficult for Will, and he will fall back into his shell of fear as he would rather the woman approach him, as he does not handle the subject so well.
5 Possessions and Clothing: A small tan assault pack which carries his phone, two small trays of turkey and cheese sandwiches, a small pocket knife, a bottle of water, and his favourite book "Fives and Twenty Fives." He wears a tan cargo short, a black V-Neck shirt, and a pair of Navy Blue coloured sneakers.
Current Occupation: Freelance Photographer

Can...can I make a female?

Well, it's up to beautiful child, but I think she wanted more males since we have a lot of females already

So...Assuming we don't get paired with someone who mutually wants to be with us, is going off script an option?

Or are we really going to be stuck with someone who our characters won't like as much?

Well, we are all limited to one character according to what she has said before

As for the pairings, I have no idea, she will decide

I'm curious to see who gets pared with my Kira. She is an extremely curious young woman who id easily distracted by shiny objects unless she is 'mobbing' (fighting)
(I'll be using a lot of Tamora Pierce's crow terms.)

Hehe, I am interested too, mostly because Geo is thick skulled and punky like her mother

Kira is a good balance between Aly and Nawat. She won't have quite the knack for spying that got her mother into the bargain with Kyprioth. She is a good enough fighter as well as a Lady. Her title is Lady Kira Crow.

Name: Rosalyn Peterson

Looks: (Friend drew this for me, hah)
wa3ez4.jpg
(Dress is yellow and brown, hair is a dark auburn, kthnx)

Fandom/Universe: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Fandom/Universe Short Description: In a world deteriorating do to the effects of entropy, an alien race known as the Incubators invented Magical Girls as a way of producing energy. When a Magical Girl falls into total despair, she will become an extremelyy powerful Witch that no longer fully exists in our dimension, only being able to be seen and attacked by magic users... but most Magical Girls are unaware of their eventual demise.

Family: Rosalyn has no family to speak of, having grown up an Orphan in the middle of New York.

Biography: Rosalyn was a simple girl in the middle of New York, going from foster home to foster home, taking advanced courses in school, and dreaming of a day when she could finally be happy. An incubator known as Nibeey came to her one day, promising her that with one wish she could have her innermost desire fulfilled, but in return she must lay down her life fighting witches and saving the universe. She more than happily agreed in an instant, a smile plastered on her face as she remembered every foster parent she loved, ever friend she made before everything was ripped away from her. She wished that no matter what happened, nobody could take her happiness away again. Now she lives her life destroying witches with Thunder and Lightning at the tip of her deadly lances. Unbeknowingly, her wish made it nigh impossible for her to ever become a witch, so for 6 years she has been one of the most stable Magical Girls to ever exist, and by extent being very powerful for her universe.
Over the years, despite her happiness keeping her company, she's turned the route of a loner, making few friends and constantly looking for new areas to explore. One night she fell asleep and dreamt of her heart bursting with love, and woke up in a strange, strange world.

Your Role Play Schedule: Pretty much online all the time, will post weekly when needed as the rest of my roleplay's schedules permits

Powers/Strengths:
- Lance Magic: Can summon lances of various sizes and shapes to fight with.
- Thunder Magic: Can create and control electrity at will
- Virtual Immortality: Her body can be repeatedly healed to peak condition as long as her Soul Gem remains in tact.
- Unbreakable Smile: Do to her wish Rosalyn's happiness and joy cannot be extinguished by typical means

-In case of Witchification, Rosalyn would gain the power to create a pocket dimension known as a labrynth and countless minions, but lose the ability to think straight if even keep her sanity.

Weaknesses:
- Soul Gem: Her soul has been bound to a physical crystal called a soul gem, if it is destroyed she will die
- Witchification: If she grows a "curse" or a strong negative feeling inside her heart without purifying her soul gem via grief seeds she will become a witch and lose control of herself, both gaining power and losing an extent of psychological soundness. Due to her wish, however, the liklihood of this happening is small.

- Soul Gem
- 2 Unused Grief Seeds
- Needle
- Thread

Current Occupation: Student/Magical Girl

In the fandom description there will be spoilers for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Beware.

Name: Kujo Joshua (Kujo is the surname)
Age (18-22): 19
Looks:
504634AnimeRedheadTrenchcoatGuy.jpg

Fandom/Universe: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, first universe.
Fandom/Universe Short Description: First there were vampires and people punching them with the power of the sun. Then there were vampire eaters and people punching them with the power of the sun. Then people got the ability to have ghost-like spirits, called Stands, fight beside them against other people with Stands and a vampire with a Stand. Then they did other things, like eating and punching spaghetti, stopping a serial killer, bringing down a mafia leader, but eventually the whole universe got reset by the final villain so it didn't matter. This character will be from the universe before it was reset.

Family:
Father: Kujo Jotaro - Stoic and ever-absent from his life, Joshua has never even met his father, only seeing him in pictures and now possessing his Stand.

Mother: Marie Jones - An American woman. Kind and caring, but easily distracted. Not assertive enough to dissuade Joshua from his heroics. She was never told about Hamon, and is a bit scared of Joshua thanks to it, but still tries to care for him.

Half-sister: Cujoh Jolyne - Jotaro's daughter with a different woman. She possesses the Stand Stone Free and is quite rude and reckless. Joshua has never met her and didn't even know of her existence until recently.

And all the other Joestars.

Biography:
Joshua was the illegitimate child of Jotaro, who'd had a one night stand with an American woman. He grew up mostly just with his mother, tending to get into fights, but coming out unscathed. Unlike his father and great-grandfather, he didn't pick fights, he just got caught up in them. He was the kind of guy who couldn't help himself from helping others if they looked like they were in trouble. His heroic attitude was more reminiscent of Jonathan Joestar than any of his more recent relatives. However, he was much more excitable, easily being led into fights.

When he was 14, he got into a fight that he was actually losing, for once. When it seemed like he had no hope, a flowing energy surged through him, knocking out all the people who were touching him. The others fled in fear, not knowing just what Joshua had done. He discovered Hamon, the channeling of the sun's energy through the human body. Like his great-grandfather, he had naturally inherited use of Hamon. However, this caused people to fear him, not knowing just what kind of energy he was using. Despite his desire to help people, they tended to call him a monster after he helped them. Though his burning desire to help others never wavered, his confidence in his own humanity did.

One day, he got a call from the Speedwagon Foundation. His father had passed out, his Stand and Memory discs having been removed by Enrico Pucci. Fortunately, his half-sister had managed to retrieve the Stand disc, sending it back to the Foundation. Out of curiosity, he touched his father's disc. He wasn't fully aware of its properties and wanted to see what a so-called Stand would look like. Having no Stand and being of Joestar descent, the disc accepted Joshua, giving him the power of Jotaro's Star Platinum. Intrigued, he tested it out, finding out its capabilities and what it could do. Star Platinum was a very impressive Stand. He went to sleep, just wanting to spend one night possessing the power of the father he'd never gotten to know. But when he woke up, he wasn't in the Speedwagon Foundation's quarters anymore...

Your Role Play Schedule: I log on pretty often throughout the day, everyday. Though if I'll be gone I'll give a heads up.

Powers/Strengths:
Joshua utilizes Hamon. This uses breathing to utilize a powerful energy. It makes him stronger, faster, and more durable than normal people as well as allowing him to use things like cola bottle caps, clackers, water, metal, and basically anything as a weapon, either by conducting his ripple through it or manipulating it. For example, he can fire a bottle cap from a cola hard and fast enough to break a cop's finger before he could pull the trigger on a gun. In addition, he can channel this energy into people, knocking out or controlling those who cannot use Hamon.

Joshua possesses a Stand now, thanks to absorbing his father's disc. All Stands have special abilities.

Rules of Stands. There are more, but they won't really be relevant.

Stand: Star Platinum
Star Platinum is incredibly strong, fast, and durable, able to catch bullets easily and punch very rapidly. In addition, it has the ability to stop time for up to 5 seconds.

Weaknesses: Though Joshua is strong for a human, he is not invincible. If a bullet hits him, it will pierce through him if Star Platinum does not block or catch it. Also, his tendency to be a hero oftentimes gets him into trouble.

5 Possessions and Clothing: Joshua comes with the clothes in the appearance picture.

1. A cellphone with its charger.
2. His wallet.
3. A glass bottle of cola.
4. Some comic books.
5. A water bottle.

Current Occupation: Student
I like it, if confused about how stands and everything work. However, if a stand is a physical item it needs to be one of his possessions. Once that's cleared up I'll say you're good to go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.