Killer Romance Season 10: The Price of Love

• Thread starter HelloBeautifulChild
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maya Jones

It was with a grin that Maya acknowledged Kiri @DapperDogman docking James in the face. 'Not important'? She was the goddamned slayer. True, there were lots of other slayers, but the point remained. There were a lot of US presidents, but each was important. A lot of mothers, of bothers, her eyes teared and she wiped them. How could anyone truly love someone without meeting their family? 'Here, meet my mother,' is something none of them would say. Kujo @Kaykay seemed to accept their fate quickly, and while she admired it, there was no way that Maya could do the same. She'd never been one to sit down and accept anything, but at what point was that just ignorant?

Everyone kept going off about what they knew, acting as they would in their world. They weren't in their own worlds anymore, and Maya - unfamiliar with the situation and parameters - was falling apart. She gripped her fist, digging her non-existent nails into her palm. Get it together Jones! She critiqued herself, nodding to herself. Right!

That was when Kiri seemed to drop it as well, and Maya saw James calm. It didn't make sense, why was he here? What had put one of the people who ran the show in the show?

"Why are you here?" She turned to James, asking him just as the rooms attention almost left him.
James Wilson

Kiri @DapperDogman was out of his limits, and James was beginning to realize that with growing disgust and superiority. "We don't crate these sound bonds, they're natural." That's what bugged him every season, there were always people that refused to think out of their own personal box. They never did well, and they bugged him.

He got lost in his own little world, and didn't pay attention to much of anything until Maya called him out, again.

"Why - why am I here?" He asked, nervous again. He sighed, "Same reason as any of you, my soul bond had a high enough resonance to exceed the power needed to pull a person out of their universe.​

Kira strode past the table, heading back to James (@HelloBeautifulChild). Unconsciously, she picked up the sword Kiri (@DapperDogman)and rested the swordpoint on the floor as she leaned her full 150 pounds on the sword, an old habit from her swordsmanship lessons with the men-at-arms. "And who wight your Mate be?" She asked. "Your name was spoken by that strange object." Kira motioned to the computer. "I am sure you know who all of us are paired with. You seem to know everything." She said. "And do not lie. I will know if you lie."

James Wilson

"And who wight your Mate be?" She asked. "Your name was spoken by that strange object." Kira motioned to the computer. "I am sure you know who all of us are paired with. You seem to know everything." She said. "And do not lie. I will know if you lie."
James wanted to throw a hissy fit, but he held in his 4-year-old-girl tendencies and decided, out of all of the options, to tell them the truth. "Fine, you want to know your matches?" James got back on his 'strange object' and found a file and telling his computer to read it out.

"Matches remaining:" The program ran, speaking without emotion. "Cadence Scott @Thurrbo and Will LeBlanc @ResistingTheEnlightened . Akira Tsukigama @Akira and Kuro Tsukinome @Tsuki . Kujo Joshua @Kaykay and Giovanna Hamada @IceQueen. Kira Crow @CynderTheDragoness and Kirigama Saito @DapperDogman . James Williamson @HelloBeautifulChild and Fianna Lovelace @DANAsaur. Maya Jones @HelloBeautifulChild and deceased."

He avoided everyone's eyes, packing his laptop up back into his bag. Yes, they knew now. Now they could stop bugging him, and hopefully Maya wouldn't kill him. "But really, what good does it do to know?" He spoke, deciding that keeping quiet did him not a damn bit of good. "Yeah, Kira, the sword you're holding in your hands is your best match in love. You two have such a strong soul bond that you ripped apart the separation in between universes. But who gives a shit, because I happened to work for the people that did this to you and I am now in the same fucking-"

Maya Jones

Maya would have stated knocking James a new face if Kira hadn't picked up the sword that was Kiri (right?) and forced him to her will. He was so frustratingly ignorant to the pain he'd caused, and the fact that they were are terrified. How could he miss that, and all for a job. Were there no McDonalds in his universe, did he have no other option than ripping people from their home, families, and friends? Was that really his only option? She was much more inclined to believe that he was so emotionally stunted that he didn't think about them as people. As beings with emotions and values.

When Kira asked her question, demanding to know their matches, Maya had subconsciously nodded along. They deserved to know, get a jump start on the so called 'soul bond'. She listened as James, in an unattractive bout of anger, ran the computer to read it off. Cadence and Will? That was obvious. She listened to the rest, waiting for her name until she got to the end.

Deceased... Deceased? Deceased?!

She was ripped from her home, she'd watched innocent people die, she'd been forced to be in the company of some annoying ass people, she'd never see her home or family again, she'd lost her birthright as a Slayer for a love with Deceased? A dead man, her reason for being here was dead. On top of all of that, James was going off as if a max of 4 month hiatus from his 'of so important' college work before returning home with his love conveniently found for him was the same. As if anything he was going through was the same. As if his rash, and failed, plan to keep himself off the chopping block hadn't killed three people and left her in a word with no silver lining.

He didn't finish what he was saying, because she was promptly beating the everliving shit out of him. She'd gotten in five punches to the face, before kneeing him as hard as she could in the crotch before he fell. She didn't bother to check and see if he was awake or alive when she walked away to the sink, which was only about 4 feet away because she'd kept knocking him on to the floor and picking him back up which progressively moved them farther towards the other end of the shack. She finished drying off her hands before saying anything. Once his blood was gone and turned and saw him whimpering on the floor. She wasn't surprised, she'd broken his nose and possibly his jaw, and by the look of the floor two teeth had been knocked out. Also, she'd heard an unfortunate crunch when she'd kneed his crotch and wasn't sure what'd she done. It wasn't good, she knew that much, but she didn't feel bad.

"Did you not expect that?" She scoffed, "Thought you did all of this research on us?"

"No, I did," He barely got out.

She nodded, for the moment at least done with him. She looked at Fianna @DANAsaurand sighed, wondering what the girl's reaction would be.

• Love
Reactions: DANAsaur
Kirigama Saito

Kiri let out a small, shocked sound as he was simply hoisted from the table, no thousand volt shock, no searing heat that melted her skin, no frostbite that caused her to drop him like a toxic, barbed plant...Nothing...not even a mild expression of pain...

"H-How did you..." he murmurs, a little lost for words. Could it be? Their souls being bonded...allowed her to use him...it would make sense...soul resonance simply required matching wavelengths...anyone with enough practice could have done the same thing, but her...she...so effortlessly...

"Count me impressed" he mutters, his blade thrumming with energy as she leans on it, it's length, though slender, refusing to bow or bend under the weight being placed on it. If she were paying attention, she would feel her innate magical abilities, special talents or otherworldy gifts growing in power, if she possessed none, a mild sensation of power would grow within her, the strengthening affect any demon weapon has on it's wielder

@CynderTheDragoness

Reactions: HelloBeautifulChild
It took Kira a few moments to really processe the new information that had been given to her. She still didn't believe. But even in the Copper Isles, love from two worlds was not unheard of. Her parents are examples of such. A woman and a Crow. Her concern now was with her Sight. It had become sharper upon picking up the blade that had once been a man mere minutes before. She leaned the sword against the wall. "It is rather unnerving to have a weapon speak. Please revert to the form of man so conversation may be better achieved."

Kirigama Saito

Kiri makes a small sound of acknowledgement and suddenly flashes blue, his body unravelling and becoming humanoid once more, his features forming from the blue shape after a few seconds, before his whole body was once more, human

"I suppose talking to a sword when no-one else can hear it isn't normal for many people" he nods "Perhaps we can talk somewhere where we're both happy?" he asks, before expanding "I have a talent that will allow us to be here, and also not here...As a way of being alone, and away from the...atmosphere..."

He points to the herald of bad news for a second and nods in his direction slightly "And him"

He wondered how she'd react to being dragged into his soul for a casual chat, it wasn't an occurrence that happened often

@CynderTheDragoness

Status
Not open for further replies.