Killer Romance Season 10: The Price of Love

• Thread starter HelloBeautifulChild
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kira flitted over when one of the males caled that food was ready. She hadn't eaten since the night before and the half-Crow was starving. She fixed her plate and examined the food with her Sight to detect any signs of poision or other hazards, more out of habbit. Once satisfied, Kira began to eat. The meat was good, but bland. She was so used to eating the spicy Raka dishes of the Isles. She turned to the one who prepared the meal. (Kuro @Tsuki ) "The meat is tender and juicy. It was prepared and cooked perfectly." She complimented

Kujo Joshua

Joshua was probably about to engage in more messed up apologies when Cadence stopped him. She handed each of them a flower, calling it a "friendship" flower. He was pretty sure that wasn't a type of flower, but appreciated the gesture. Snapping out of his rambling, he took the flower. "Thank you. Yeah...you're right. Some food would be good," he answered smiling. "Sorry for snapping at you, Will," he said, extending his hand to put an end to the apologies for now. He couldn't very well just leave it at that messy apology from just now. "Let's talk some more. Over dinner. If you guys don't mind."

Once Will had taken his hand, or rejected it, he made his way over to the table as well. He motioned Fianna over as well, hoping the four of them could stick together for whatever situation they were currently in. "Thank you for the food," he said before sitting down and grabbing a piece. He didn't start eating it yet though, waiting for the others to come and take a seat as well. He started looking at the flower, slowly turning it in his hands, when he realized something rather important. She just made flowers out of thin air, by pointing a wand and saying something. He turned to her. "Are you a wizard or something?"

@Thurrbo @ResistingTheEnlightened @Tsuki @DANAsaur

Fianna Lovelace

Fianna was about to leave when Will (ResistingTheEnlightened) grabbed her arm and led her back to the chair she was sitting on. Hearing him and Joshua (Kaykay) apologized somewhat made her feel funny. She can't describe what she felt but she knew that it was good.

"Uh--" Fianna was then cut off when Cadence (Thurrbo) interjected and waved her wand to produce some orchids and hand it to them as friendship flower. "Friendship flower?" she asked quizically, not sure if there is such a thing.

The smell of food then wafted in the air resulting her stomach to growl lightly, a faint blush adorning her cheeks. "Yeah.. food sounds good. It would be better for us three to start from scratch and forget about what happened." Fianna said with a smile and followed Cadence and Joshua, grabbing Will's hand and dragging him to eat with them.

Kuro Tsukinome

Kuro nodded with as good a smile as he could muster towards Kara (@CynderTheDragoness) and Joshua (@Kaykay). "Well I had to grow up cooking my own meals after my parents passed away. I've also witnessed the murder of my best friend, took his eyes and was blamed for his murder by the village I've resided in for years." he admitted out loud enough for the whole room to hear then covered his mouth and looked around the room, unsure if anyone heard him say that last part since it was something he had kept secret from every single person he's come across until now. In order to not look suspicious though he was probably in the deepest as far as secrets go. He didn't know what made him say that and he was silently upset that he didn't catch on to whatever it was that made him say that so loudly. His ninneko looked up at him, or more precisely, at the meat that was just out of reach. Kuro sighed and put the plate on the floor so his ninja cat could finish it off for him since he was too internally upset to finish it himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akira Tsukigami

The redhead looked at Kiri, as he fiddled with the lumber with his thumb blade, "I'm uhh...half vampire, half succubus. Which is really ironic considering, my dad is the one that the succubus comes from... Not that he even knows I exist!" she blurted out, though in the beginning talking to Kiri and in the end ranting her frustration with that. She cleared her throat, now she'd revealed more things about herself that she didn't want to. What the hell was making her do this? It was like she'd been hit with some kind of truth magic or something. She looked up at Kiri again, she didn't want to compromise her races, she'd already blurt out her inhumanity but saying her specific races might give them an idea to her weaknesses. Akira had to do something. Her hand lit with a red light, a magic circle appearing in her palm. "I'm sorry but you can't know what I just told you..." she placed her hand on the side of Kiri's head, wiping the last minute from his memory. He would feel lightheaded for a moment and Akira would've went elsewhere in the cabin.

@DapperDogman

Will Leblanc

Will had looked at the flower with his eyebrow raised, taking it gently before smiling widely. "A-A'ye. Alright." As he begun to walk for dinner, he stared at Cadence long enough as trying to send a message to her through eye contact but was quickly interrupted by Fianna grabbing his hand. Embarrassed, flustered, and lightly blushing, he would hold her hand loosely as his eyes no stared at Cadence's with an unnerving feel. As he looked at the plates, he would take one, plopping a steak as he nervously took out his pocket knife, using it to cut the meat infront of him. "B-Benchmade." He said, efore staring down at his meal without a word.

@Thurrbo @DANAsaur

Cadence Scott

As Cadence approached the table, she felt someone's eyes on her back -- so she turned around and realized that Will (@ResistingTheEnlightened)was staring at her. They held a strange sort of eye-contact for perhaps a few moments longer than they should have, and to Cadence, it almost seemed like Will was trying to tell her something... But alas, she never found out because Fianna (@DANAsaur) grabbed him by the hand and started dragging him towards the dinner table.

Cadence was a bit surprised by this. She was pretty blind when it came to anything like flirting -- the line between flirtatious behavior and simple friendliness had always been a bit of a blur to her -- but a motion like this seemed pretty blatant. Fianna had appeared to be a fairly reserved person before, but here she was now, making an obvious flirtatious gesture like taking someone's hand? When the walk to the table was only several feet away?

The image left an unsettling feeling in Cadence's gut, but she didn't quite know why. Considering the situation they were all in -- the whole 'being kidnapped and placed in a cabin in the woods' thing -- she didn't think this was exactly the time to be flirting... Yeah, that must be it, Cadence thought to herself, trying to justify why Fianna's motion didn't sit well with her. But hey, not like it matters. They're free to do what they want, right? I'm just gonna sit here and eat--

But at that moment, Joshua's (@Kaykay) voice jarred Cadence from her own thoughts. He had been staring at the flower she'd given him, and something suddenly clicked as he realized what had just happened. "Oh, yes actually! I am," she answered, taking a seat next to him at the table and putting some meat on her plate. "I was just about to finish my last year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, when..." Cadence paused, trying (and failing) to remember exactly what had happened on her last night there. "Well, you know. When I was suddenly whisked here instead." She picked up a piece of the meat with her fork and was about to take a bite when she stopped suddenly, sighing and placing her fork back down on the table. "I... I wonder if anyone's noticed I'm gone yet..."

She had stopped wallowing in these thoughts just long enough to hear Kuro (@Tsuki) speak and suddenly blurt out about his past. Cadence went wide-eyed with shock at the confession. "Wait wait wait -- you took his eyes?" she repeated. "What does that even mean?" Maybe this was the game! Cadence began to panic a bit (internally, of course). Maybe, just maybe, everyone here in this shack had some kind of twisted, sketchy, and vaguely violent background, and they had all been pitted against each other in this arena as some sort of sick game. No, don't be ridiculous! she told herself. No one here looks crazy... And besides that, Cadence couldn't think of one violent moment in her past. She was actually strangely clean in that department.

Kirigama Saito

Kiri gives a small shrug "Isn't a male succubus an incubus?" he question, frowning as he sees her approach, and giving a small nod as she explains to him how he couldn't know about what she'd just said "Oh, sure...go ahead"
As she wipes his mind, he blinks idly, rubbing his forehead, looking back up and seeing her gone "Oh...Well...alright..."

He furrows his brows for a moment, as feeling he'd missed something "My apologies...I...Seem to have blacked out..." he frowns slightly as he walks over and starts to eat some of the meat slowly "Now comes the situation of finding if we've got enough blankets for everyone"

The nagging feeling in the back of his head would stir up his curiosity "What did she mean by...not human?" he mutters to himself, wondering what she could be, if not human

@Akira

Last edited:
Kujo Joshua

"Oh. That's cool. I was pretty sure that wizards were just fairy tails or something, but, well, I guess not. Ah, and don't worry, I believe you. I've got a Stand and use Hamon myself, so I know there's weird stuff out there for sure," he said grinning, trying to assure her he really did believe what she said. ...Though he wasn't quite sure why he'd bothered telling her about what he could do. He could've just told her making the flowers appear was good enough. Oh well. "...Same here, really. I was staying with an old family friend, I suppose, but now I'm here. Somehow." As Kuro spoke up, he looked at him with the same incredulous look that Cadence was likely shooting at him. He was about to ask about it, but Cadence beat him to the punch. He took his friend's eyes. Okay. Whatever the hell that meant, it unnerved Joshua a little.

@Thurrbo @Tsuki

Maya Jones

Maya watched the madness surround her, and determined it was the best she was going to get. She moved away from the fireplace and watched for a second without saying anything. Kujo Joshua (@Kaykay) spoke to her and she nodded, he was right. They (whoever they were) didn't want them all too comfortable, just clean, mostly healthy, and focused on something other than survival. He turned to Geo then, and Maya decided to not be the cause of any more interruption. It was Rosalyn's (@Mad Magus) giggle that really turned Maya's stomach. Sound familiar? She'd never really been one for reality TV, but the concept run a Hunger Games bell. Not the whole 'kill each other' thing because they were clearly all meant to survive, but the romance. They'd be paired up...

She watched when Akira (@Akira) announced that she wasn't a human and Maya nearly rolled her eyes, nah shit Sherlock... A lot of the people here weren't 'human', heck even Cadence (@Thurrbo) wouldn't be considered 'human' in her world. That didn't matter right now. They didn't have time for it. Speaking of, Maya was truly beginning to like Cadence. Her problem solving, using her magic to control the wind-flow in and out of the shack, was admirable and she seemed hell bent on making things easy, keeping the calm. When Kuro (@Tsuki) made dinner of meat she smelled it, and it smelled great. Rather than just talking about it like Paul (@Moogle-Girl), whom she was beginning to dislike quite feircely, Kuro had just done it.

Flowers, really? She grinned despite herself at Cadence's (@Thurrbo) antics. As she used more magic, Maya assumed her to be more comfortable. Good, we don't have any idea how long we'll be here.
CynderTheDragoness said:
"The meat is tender and juicy. It was prepared and cooked perfectly."​
Maya took off her jacket and put it on the back of a chair, sitting in it and grabbing a piece of Kuro's (@Tsuki) meat. She took a bite and was impressed, she had no idea what meat it was but it was good. She looked at the others; Kira (@CynderTheDragoness), Rosalyn (@Mad Magus) and spoke. "Who knew we'd have such good food tonight." She smiled at Kuro (@Tsuki), "Thanks!"​

James Williamson [Link to CS]

"Get in here!" Mrs. Kershette yelled, well screeched, from her office five seconds after she sent James a very angered email about one of their contestants. He jumped up with a start and went to her room, grabbing his packed back as he did. Shit shit shit I am soooo fired.

He walked down the hall to her office, knocking on the door before going inside. She was standing behind her desk, 6'7" with fiery red hair and a temper to match, she was the woman solely responsible for reporting to the network's 5 executives about their show, Killer Romance, and she was known for being fierce and unforgiving. On a good day she terrified James, and now she was glaring at him with the brightest red aura he had ever seen. Shit shit shit shit shit...

"Did you think we wouldn't find out?" She asked, "No, not we, those imbeciles out there haven't even figured out how you hacked into the system, sent an email from your boss saying you were getting a pay raise, and gave yourself that raise." He smiled proudly for a second, they couldn't prove it was his but his boss, a mouse of a man, had no recollection of sending it. Since then Mrs. K had been on his ass day and night. "Did you think I wouldn't figure it out? Did you think that you could fuck with the contestants of my show without my knowing? Well?" She yelled louder this time, "Answer me, and close the damn door."

James closed the door, but he didn't take his backpack off in case he needed to make a speedy run away. "I-I don't know-"

"YOU DAMN WELL KNOW IT YOU MORONIC, PRETENTIOUS JACKASS!" She yelled, " You sent men in there that were not true matches, just so we wouldn't realize that the woman in there is your match. You thought that we wouldn't notice that she was truly yours because there were other glitches too, but you were wrong."

He locked his jaw, glaring openly now. He'd done what he'd had to do. The computer generates a list, given to him, of people with souls strong enough to withstand the pull. Then it matches any true loves, and considering the factors that the producers set out for the show it narrows the list down and it is given to him to study them, design the arena, and pull them. When he'd gotten the list and seen her name he'd blanched. He'd removed his name from the list when he'd first started there, making sure that despite his soul strength he'd never be pulled. He hadn't thought to remove the girl, and with incorrect data it'd pulled the wrong man for her. He'd fudged some of the other matches and hoped for the best.

He was caught now, and as the show broadcast a week after it was recorded, he wasn't sure what that meant for him. They'd put in their people before, giving them amnesia and plopping them in. It was too late for that now, thank heavens, but he could still be fired, his work reputation sullied. He'd have time to focus on school, but he didn't really need to and he did need a job. He had no desire to live off of his parents fame.

"Well," He said, getting the nerve to speak somehow. "What no-"

"NOW YOU FIX YOUR GODDAMN MESS!" She yelled again, she took a deep breath and forced herself to calm down. "Most of your work for the season is done, we will hire a temp in your absence."

"My absence?" He asked, confused at her now calm exterior. However, she kept on talking as if he hadn't spoken, not even stopping when he did.

She pulled out a small device the size of a large expo marker with a hole in the middle of one tip and a button at the other, before he could say or do anything she moved the hole end touching his right forearm. He was knocked out in 1 second flat, and in two, he woke up on the floor of the cabin, backpack donned and exit by his side. His eyes wide like a scared doe he looked at the occupants of the game. he looked down, trying to avoid the one woman who got him here. The 'soulmate' from another universe. I know way too much, why is she putting me in a room full of people with questions and air full of compulsion gas?

Kira had finished her meal and set her plate down. She saw something out of the corner of her eye. She did a mentsl twist and adjusted her Sight on that spot without having to move her head. It was another person.(James @HelloBeautifulChild.) She turned toward the newcomer, her Crow curiosity getting the better if her. "Hey guys, we have a newcomer. He seems to have come in a bit late." She said as she walked to him. The short brunette was birdlike in her movements, even her build was light. Her brightly dyed yellow, red, and orange sarong started to come loose and started to slide off her deeply tanned shoulder. She brought a hand up to try to keep the cloth in place until she found a private place to re-wrap the length of bright cloth around herself.

Fianna Lovelace

Fianna is oblivious that she's holding Will (ResistingTheEnlightened) 's hand as she arrived at the table. She didn't know about it until she looked at him to ask something and saw that they're holding hands. "Oh my God, I did it again, didn't I? Nonononono" Fianna panicked, quickly letting go of their hands with a bright red blush adorning her cheeks. There are times when she does things that quite embarrass her but only if she noticed it. This is once of them.

Back in Idris with Fianna's fellow shadow hunters, physical contact isn't a big issue because they always do it with strangers they're trying to save. Wether its a hug or holding a hand, Fianna always do that on the job but now that she's in a shack, her impulse just went ahead and did such an embarrassing thing for her.

"I-I am so sorry..I..please don't take it the wrong way.. I..I don't like you..Ah-- I mean.. I do like you but uhm..as a friend...n-not s-something else.." she stuttered, taking small steps away from him to give him his personal space. On the job, yes, Fianna can hold people's hands and hug them for comfort because its part of her job but doing those physical contact to someone who doesn't need it and wasn't in danger? Heavens no! That would be unlady like and unethical.

Blushing madly as she neatly piled the food on her plate and thanking the chef, Fianna then walked away from the rest of the group and sat on the corner to eat in silence. She wasn't used to eating with other people around, especially people who she barely even know. Heck, she's still doubting if she should it the food or not, afraid that she'll get poisoned but soon she brushed it off. She was too hungry to think about such things.

Cadence Scott

When Fianna (@DANAsaur) finally realized the connotations of her actions, she became completely flustered and immediately denied any romantic motivations. Cadence stared at the pink-haired girl in confusion. She's all over the place... I wonder what's up? After this spaz-attack, Fianna took her food and went to eat in the corner like a loner. It made Cadence feel guilty for nearly judging her prematurely, and she frowned, disappointed in herself. She thought she should perhaps try to figure out what was wrong, but now didn't seem like quite the best time to ask. And besides, she was engaged in conversation with Joshua at the moment.

Hence, Cadence turned back to Joshua (@Kaykay), who was empathizing with what she had said earlier. "A Stand and a Hammond...?" she repeated. In all her seven years of magical schooling, she'd never heard of those terms before. What on earth could they possibly mean?

Unfortunately, before there was time for an answer, something very strange happened. Kira called out that a newcomer had shown up, and sure enough, behind them sat another man (@HelloBeautifulChild) no one else had seen before. Given the circumstances, Cadence almost definitely would have initially reacted as if his sudden appearance was some kind of threat -- but in all honesty, he looked absolutely terrified. Like a deer caught in the headlights.

"What the--?" Skipping all of the fluffy formalities, Cadence got right to it. "Who are you? And how on earth did you just get in here?" She drew her wand again just to be safe; although she didn't point it at him or anything, she was definitely prepared to use it if necessary.

Kuro Tsukinome

Kuro got reactions that he knew who be appropriate for hearing what he did. Sadly, the truth did not stop there. He activated his sharingan and sighed. "These eyes you see are not my own. My friend, who was also a medical ninja, was killed and told me to take his eyes before he died. There is a way to transplant someone else's eyes into your own without removing your own. I sued this method to combine his eyes with my own this granting me this." he says, pointing to his now red and black eyes. "I'm sure you both (@Thurrbo , @Kaykay) think I'm some kind of horrible person now which is understandable. Talking to someone who just takes his best friend's eyes and gets blamed for murder tends to be an outcast anyway so It's not at all surprising." he adds then his recently summoned ninneko hops up onto his lap and lays down.

Will Leblanc

It was different this sort of thing. As he began cutting the meat with his pocket knife, he licked his lips somewhat in disbelief as he put the knife down, stuck string at the plate before he stood up and shook his head. "I'm not hungry. Sorry." As he walked away, he would sit outside on the steps of the shack, he wasn't prepared for any of it as he wiped the blade off with the grass, eating one of his turkey sandwiches alone as he would look inside and take a momentary gander at both Fianna and Cadence, looking at Cadencec a moment longer as he would then take out his phone, and look at the wilderness, adjusting the White Light and the shudder speed to take a decent photo of the entire river, the forest as the backdrop before continuing his meal.

@Thurrbo @DANAsaur

Cadence Scott

After a bit of explanation from Kuro (@Tsuki), the whole "taking someone's eyes" thing made a tiny bit more sense... Clearly, he was expecting there to be misunderstanding and hatred thrown his way. And an actual murderer definitely wouldn't act like that; hence, Cadence felt bad for her initial reaction of fear. "I may not understand the idea of an eye transplant in your world, but if he, er... if he offered his eyes to you, I'm sure there was a reason," she said sympathetically. "And... I'm very sorry about your friend. No one should have to deal with a loss like that."

Cadence felt like this group was being held together by a thread. There were so many cultural difference and barriers that it felt like everything could fall apart at the drop of a pin! But if they were all expected to survive out here, teamwork was a necessity. So Cadence would do everything she could to stay positive and be the glue that kept everyone in one piece.

As if on cue, however, Will (@ResistingTheEnlightened) suddenly got up from the table. He said he wasn't hungry and went off to sit by himself, somewhere out of view. Cadence sighed in exasperation. It was only the first night, right...? Things were bound to be rocky on their first night. This was to be expected -- but she still felt like she had to deal with it. "Please excuse me," she said quietly, placing her utensils down on the table and following after Will.

When she found him, he seemed to be sitting silently and sulking over a turkey sandwich. "Hey..." Cadence uttered, taking a seat next to him and pulling her knees into her chest. "So, is it the stress of being in this situation? Or is there something else bothering you?" She cut right to the chase on that one, not bothering to beat around the bush. To be honest, she was freaking out too. All she wanted was to get home -- or at least get some answers so she could figure out how to get home -- but that didn't look like it was happening anytime soon. So she did her best to bury her fear and act in a way that was beneficial to the current situation. And maybe if she had a talk with Will, she could get him on board with that too.

Kirigama Saito

Kirigama sighs gently and steps into the back room of the cabin, away from the group for a moment, washing his face in the water and fixing his hair for a moment "Are we seriously fighting already...over women we just met?" he shakes his head slightly and takes a sip of the cool water, before wiping his face dry with a towel

"If you're all quite done..." he mutters as he walks back into the room, fixing his cuffs "Can we please...try to settle down, and stop letting crushes and sexual tension get us into fights? Really...we just met, don't go having thoughts about your life with someone else...It's higly unlikely we'll be here for much longer...we're all trying to get out of here whenever possible, understand?"

The male takes a seat near the fire and unbuttons his shirt slowly, letting his body bear the heat directly, sighing to himself as he shakes his head, the dim light showing off a small amount of scars on the male's well toned body, one large one in particular ran long the male's stomach, from one side to the other, looking far more severe than the others

"Just try and keep your desire for each other to a minimum, yeah? You don't see me jumping anyone's bones, do you? Can we all try to conduct ourselves like proper people?"

Despite the usually warm wrapping of her Sarong, Kira was growing cold. She noticed a fire was going at one end of the room. The short, deeply tanned young woman made her way over to it. In the light of the flames, she drew her Stormwing feather blade and its sheath from withing the folds of her Sarong. She lay the sheathed blade on her lap and, with her Sight, checked the wards and spells placed on the sheath by a Raka Mage. The magic of Raka Mages was far harder to detect than the magic of Laurian Mages, unless you knew what you were looking for. The blade itself needed no wards placed on it as it was a sheded feather from an Immortal creature, the foul Stormwing.

Kujo Joshua

Despite their attempts at trying to eat together, it seemed that was simply an impossible task for now. He couldn't really blame them, considering they were all strangers to each other. Fianna (@DANAsaur ) took off, Will (@ResistingTheEnlightened ) took off, and Cadence (@Thurrbo ) took off after Will. So it was just JoJo and this eye-taker guy (@Tsuki ). "Err, we didn't mean it like that. It's just, you know, unusual. But while I have no idea what on earth you're talkin' about, basically you're innocent, right? So no need to worry about being outcast. Just...try not to talk about. It kinda gives off the wrong vibe to just say 'I took my friend's eyes' you know? You gotta start by saying you uh, merged with your dying friend's eyes, whatever that means, alright?" Hoping he'd gotten his point across without offending the eye-guy, he took a deep breath after all that talking and trying to phrase it right. He'd messed up enough stuff by being careless already.

A man crashed into the room suddenly, and at this point Joshua just sighed. Another random person. Excellent. Had they all ended up here that way? He was about to ask the guy some questions when something else caught his attention.

He was quite surprised at Kiri's (@DapperDogman ) words, seeing as he hadn't been trying to "get with" the women present, though perhaps it came off that way. He stood up quickly and faced him. "The hell do you mean? I ain't crushing on anyone, and nobody else is either! You're the only one who thinks of it that way! What, never talked to anyone before? There's no sexual tension in just talking, yeah?" Whether the others did think of it that way or not he didn't know, but he was just annoyed that Kiri was accusing him of something.

Reactions: BB-Bauers
Status
Not open for further replies.