Killer Romance Season 10: The Price of Love

• Thread starter HelloBeautifulChild
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Akira, #b30000, dashed, 5"]
Akira was about to unload question after question on Kuro but Kiri, for acknowledge of a better word, interrupted them. She sighed as he questioned her ability to cut a tree down, before noticing that his arm was a metal blade. Her eyes widened but she didn't freak out she decided that it would pointless with so many things happiness that she night or might not understand. She walked over to a tree and pushed it over, then after inspecting the wood, she clasped her hands together and slammed them down on the tree, breaking it into pieces small enough for a fireplace. "I don't need an axe or machete." she smiled. [/fieldbox]

@Tsuki @DapperDogman

Kujo Joshua

Joshua sighed as well. "Well, at least we're both from earth I suppose. Even if the cities are all mixed up. I don't think we're gonna get anything done just standing here, though. Wanna grab something to eat?" He gestured towards the kitchen area. In all likelihood, none of them had eaten breakfast yet, and Rosalyn was already planning to head there as well. His stomach was beginning to growl, too.

"Though I guess if you want we can join those guys outside gathering firewood." Some guy had revealed himself to have a blade for an arm. Somehow. That wasn't anything Jojo had ever heard of. Was that some strange Stand power? He didn't see the Stand anywhere though. Then a girl brought down a tree with her bare hands. Was that Hamon? Was she from his universe, but maybe from a different planet or just another country or something? He'd have to speak with her later as well.

@IceQueen @Mad Magus @DapperDogman @Akira

Last edited:
Rosalyn had done left the main area to investigate the are of the shack, discovering a box FULL of supplies, which made her giggle something fierce. Everyone was freaking out about supplies, even cutting down wood, when all they needed seemed to be in these boxes. Something about it screamed that they were in some sort of cage. It made sense to her anyhow, a bunch of people in a secluded area, given food and shelter... Were they being kept as pets of some kind?

She continued to sift through everything and explore the building. There was fruit, a place to wash up, a place to... do things... What the hell was this? Was this some kind of sick joke? She furrowed her brow, slightly angry to have been ripped from her home and placed in some strange world. At the same time she was... kinda excited. This could turn out to be a wonderful adventure! She could make friends, get away from killing Witches for awhile... Maybe Witches didn't even exist here! That could turn out to be something exciting... she wouldn't need to... fight... She could relax? SHE COULD RELAX! Oh the joys! Rosalyn laughed as she took an apple out of the supplies and walked out, grinning and giggling like a giddy schoolgirl.

"Hmmm...impressive..." he muses as he sticks the tip of his blade into a tree, before sending a ripple of his Soul Wavelength through the tree, sending a series of lines shooting up the tree that seemed to have no effect at first, before the tree crumpled into a neatly stacked pile of wooden blocks, before he speaks to the redhead @Akira once more "If a little crude...one should learn to hone their skills with precision and accuracy...we can't very well go leaving sloppy work around, now can we...?" he turns to Joshua @Kaykay for a moment and cocks a brow "Is your friend going to help us carry this, or do you plan on doing it all by yourself?" judging by what he'd said, he could see some trace of Star Platinum

In truth, he assumed it to be his Weapon Partner, and that he was using some form of Invisibility Wavelength

Paul Derick

As more people made their way outside to look for supplies, Paul sighed and decided to just give up on the escape plan for the time being. He was getting nowhere slowly. For now it might be more worth his time to see what Cadence wanted; seeming superior and in control would be a nice way to keep him grounded after all the insanity. (@Thurrbo)

Rosalyn (@Mad Magus) also caught his attention; she was walking away from a couple of tall cabinet-looking things, carrying an apple and giggling to herself. What was she so happy about? ...And what was in those cabinets anyway? He made a mental note to look into them later.​

Here is a summary of what people have been doing/saying for anyone that needs to catch up:
[spoili]
  • Rosalyn Peterson (@Mad Magus) - Introduced herself and looked in the shack, finding food in the cooled box.
  • Akira (@Akira) - Wants to looks for food/water around their area. Exploring with Kuro, asking him about Naruto.When Kiri asked why they didn't have weapons, she told him that she doesn't need them while she broke down a tree.
  • Arlic Kolard (@Andy) - Introduces himself as a saiyan warrior raised on earth to protect it
  • Kuro Tsukinome (@Tsuki) - Grabbed Akira's hand and went to the forest to explore. Has no idea what she means by Naruto, but describes it and notes that there is a Naruto that he knows of.
  • Cadence Scott (@Thurrbo) - Followed Paul out, taking her broom. Spoke with him for a second before Will came over and introduced himself.
  • Geo Hamada (IceQueen) - Introduced herself to Kujo (@Kaykay) and is now (surprised and) aware of other universes.
  • Will Leblanc (@RestingTheEnlightened) - Introduced himself to Canence, noticing that she was Harry Potter-Esk [Thus followed her out with Paul]
  • Kujo Joshua (@Kaykay) - Speaking with Geo (@IceQueen) about universes, and while watching the outside people collect firewook he notes that at least they're all from earth. He now plans to go get firewood.
  • Paul Derick (@Moogle-Girl) - Was talking with Cadence, informing her of universes, when Will (@RestingTheEnlightened) started talking to her. He is heading to leave now. Decided to talk with Cadence, and noticed that Rosalyn had an apple and was giggleing.
  • Kiri (@DapperDogman) - Using his right arm as a sword, he has joined Akira (@Akira) and Kuro (@Tsuki) and asked why they don't have weapons and left without. Was impressed by Akira's tree-breaking skill but called it 'sloppy'. Wants to know if Joshua will carry the tree alone.
  • Kira Crow (@CynderTheDragoness) - Still in house, speaking to anyone still there, asking questions about where they are and seeing if anyone would like to accompany her.

[/spoili]
Here is where people are geographically
Outside
Inside
  • Rosalyn Peterson (@Mad Magus) - Not currently engaged with anyone, eating an apple.
  • Arlic Kolard (@Andy) - Not currently engaged with anyone.
  • Cadence Scott (@Thurrbo), Will Leblanc (@RestingTheEnlightened), Paul Derick (@Moogle-Girl) - Conversing about universes
  • Geo Hamada (IceQueen), Kujo Joshua (@Kaykay) - Conversing about universes, considering getting firewood
  • Kira Crow (@CynderTheDragoness) - Speaking to anyone to see if they would like to get firewood

Maya Jones

Maya watched as people went out, Akira, Kuro, and Kiri all talking around a fallen tree. It was becoming clear, from the sword arm @DapperDogman, the flying guy (saiyan warrior? @Andy), and the girl knocking over the tree @Akira that many of them had some sort of ability. She heard people talking about universes and wondered if maybe that was the case, it would make sense (as much as anything right now could). She determined then it was time to be honest, she was sure others were keeping things from them and if they didn't open up they'd never figure this out.

She walked up to Cadence @Thurrbo, Will @RestingTheEnlightened, and Paul @Moogle-Girl. "Hey," She said, having given up on everyone grouping together. Honestly, there were too many of them. "So you guys were talking about universes right? I'm from New York, America, and there are vampires and demons and all of that wacky stuff and it's my job to protect people from it, especially since they don't know about any of these things. " She looked at Will, "Where I come from Sherlock is just a tv show," she looked at Cadence, biting her lip as she thoughts. "See you look to me, broom and all, like you're from the Harry Potter world - Hogwarts and magic and muggles? But that's just a book, well and a movie and soon a play and a lot of fanfiction, where I'm from." She shrugged at Paul, "and I just don't know what to think of you."​

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Kuro Tuskinome

"If you're both done showing off to one another, can we just grab the damn wood already?" With that Kuro makes a few hand signs (image provided for those who don't know the hand signs) for his summoning jutsu. "Summoning Jutsu: Heaven Release: Hell's Fang." With that 3 ninneko or various sizes appeared. Kuro pointed at several trees in front of them and soon enough all the trees fell into appropriate sized pieces of firewood. Afterwords the two smaller ones tied the wood to the largest one's back and they began to haul it back to the shack. "Now then, they'll deal with the rest of the firewood. Show us where the river you mentioned was." He stated, looking at Akira (@Akira) he took Kiri's (@DapperDogman) ability to mind in case he'd need to use that knowledge later and the same went for Akira's strength. Knowing that he revealed an ability of his own was beneficial for what they were doing but he needed to make sure it didn't happen again. He had a bit of trust for these two but a part of him had this feeling that that trust was just to make himself feel better about being near them.

Fianna Lovelace

Fianna growled a little as she hid her weapon back to her bag, assessing each and every one sighing. There wasn't much going on around her, but introductions which made her a bit uncomfortable. There were an awful lot of diverse people in the room she's not really a person who would approach someone just to talk to, especially when it comes to strangers. She would rather be alone than to be socially awkward.

That's one of her main problems in life: being socially awkward. She may look tough and strong, but deep inside she's a socially awkward girl who wanted to have friends. Being a shadow hunter is hard for her. Because of her job, almost everyone feared her for her brutal way of killing demons and well, just being a shadow hunter.

How did I even get here in the first place? Fianna asked herself as she listens to their conversation. Oh, how she would love to be in her private library right now. All this incoherent words are making her dizzy. What universe? And how can that guy float in the air? Not that she hadn't seen one since she can create runes for that, but she knew he isn't a demon nor a shadow hunter. Some of the people decided to get some firewood while others are talking about something philosophical.

Sighing, she mumbled to herself "Ugh. I wish I was back in the institute". It seems like everyone already found their social circle while she was just standing there like an idiot. She then decided to introduce herself just for the formalities, not caring if they heard her or not.

"Fianna Lovelace, shadow hunter from Idris." she introduced herself before heading to an empty chair.

Damn, she never felt so alone before. Why can't she make friends? Oh, that's right. She's afraid to be rejected and make a fool of herself.

Pulling out her iPod from her bag and listening to music, she drummed her fingers lightly on the table, listening to the beat. Thank angels I have my iPod with me or else I'll look like a pathetic loner.

Last edited:
Cadence Scott

Just as Paul (@Moogle-Girl) seemed to pause mid-escape and turn back, asking what it was Cadence wanted to know, she was approached by another man. He introduced himself as Will (@ResistingTheEnlightened), asking if she was 'in Harry Potter', which was reason for pause... "...Wh-What?" She stuttered. Obviously, everyone in the wizarding world knew the stories of Harry Potter and friends, and how they put a stop to the Dark Lord. But muggles...? Muggles didn't know anything about them, right? "O-Oh, yes... Well, I don't know what you mean by 'in' Harry Potter, but yes I know the stories... My mom has actually worked with him before -- through the Ministry of Magic, y'know?"

It was at this point that Maya (@HelloBeautifulChild) approached them, really confirming the idea of different universes. Apparently, she was from a version of New York where vampires and demons ran rampant -- and she knew all about this Harry Potter universe. Was It really some kind of major franchise in her world? In Maya's world, Hogwarts was just... a story? "Wait... Dear God, is this-- Is this really happening?" she gasped, her eyes wide. "Will, I've -- I mean, I've read books about Sherlock Holmes! In our world, they're these famous stories about a detective from Victorian London. They're really popular with muggles..." Cadence paused, looking Will up and down, taking note of his remarkably normal clothes. "But you don't look like you're from Victorian London, are you?"

She glanced between Paul, Will, and Maya, her thoughts racing as she considered the strange difference between all of them and their backgrounds. Paul was from a world with multiple worlds, Maya hunted demons, and Will knew Sherlock Holmes? "I suppose the only possible explanation is that we really are from different universes..." Cadence muttered. "Which then, of course, begs the follow up question -- if we're all from different universes..." She narrowed her eyes, skeptical. "...then what universe are we in now?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Derick

"I don't know what to think of you either," Paul huffed at Maya. At first he was shocked and dismayed that none of them knew what he was talking about, but now the obvious culture barrier was just getting irritating. He wished that just one other person could've come with him so they could make sense of it all together. Everyone was ranting on about how the others' universes existed as stories in theirs, but Paul didn't recognize any of these names. New York? Harry Potter? Sherlock Holmes? Why was he the odd one out? He was starting to get indignant that no one recognized the stuff he was talking about.

"So let me get this straight," Paul said, crossing his arms. "All of you know about each other's worlds, but no one here knows what Sburb is? What kind of crap is that?"

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Thurrbo @HelloBeautifulChild

Cadence Scott

Paul (@Moogle-Girl) raised an excellent point. Cadence cocked her head to the side in thought, considering possible explanations. "Well, you know, it's possible that you do exist in our universes in some capacity," she said, shrugging her shoulders. "No one can know everything there is to know about their own universe. For example, most muggles know nothing of any facet of the wizarding world. And most wizards aren't particularly knowledgeable on muggle culture either. Even having muggles in my family, there's a certain distance between me and that side of life." Cadence smiled at Paul, trying to ease what was coming off as anxious irritation from him. "Anyway, what I mean is that it's very possible Sburb exists in our individual universes in some capacity, and we -- as single members of these societies -- just aren't aware of it yet..."

Cadence trailed off at the end there. The terror she was feeling at their situation had subsided a bit, and fascination was taking over. She was starting to ramble on with speculative remarks, and she thought she should probably stop before her unhelpful words started to irritate Paul even more.

Will Leblanc

He looked at both Maya and Cadence, somewhat weirded out by both, albeit him know much about Hogwarts and the Ministry of Magic. "Ministry of Magic?" He asked skeptically through his rough Scottish accent, tilting his head curiously "I mean, we have a Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Education, Ministry of..." Will chuckled lightly, smiling somewhat at Cadence before shrugging "I guess you can say, Britain has a large assortments of Ministries. Imagine if there was a Ministry of Dairy.." He laughed silently at his own comment, before trying to divert his eyes from Cadences own "Sherlock Holmes? I mean, no he's not Victorian London. We're in the year 2015, didn't you know?" Will looked her from head to toe, before making his own conclusion "You're not from 2015 though." For a moment, he brought himself closer to her, bent down and saw the little insignia of her house "Ravenclaw. Cool! It's one of my favourite houses in the World." Smiling, he bent back up, and stepped back before releasing a slight frown "Sorry.. Must've been too close for comfort." He nodded at her, her ideas actually striking well in his mind.

@Thurrbo

Kujo Joshua

At Kiri's question, Joshua quickly whipped around. His friend? Surely he didn't already consider the girl he'd just met a friend of his, right? But the only other humanoid around him was...Star Platinum? No, no way. Only Stand users could see him, right? But it was pretty clear Kiri could see him. "You can see him? My Stand? Are you a Stand user?" he asked him. Perhaps another from his universe had indeed been placed here as well. Should he investigate it, or try to learn more about the others? No, that could wait. He stepped outside after addressing Kiri.

Star Platinum lifted the tree and placed it next to the little house. "You," Joshua started, pointing at Kiri. "Are you a Stand user? What kind of place are you from?" The prospect of a second being from his universe was interesting. What were the chances of that? But so far, it seemed to be the case. Who else could see a Stand after all?

@DapperDogman

[BCOLOR=#ff9900]Episode Change[/BCOLOR]

Honestly...
...and that is it! Everyone, to some capacity introduced themselves and with the help of our arena and it's controllers - night should now bring them all back to their base. It's going to be a cold night, 43 degrees fahrenheit (6.11 C) before the hefty wind chill. The wind may freeze them, but it is also carrying a compulsion gas for honesty. With this, we expected more open conversation, but we never expected the bombshells of secrets to be spilled. In retrospect, the compulsion gas may have been too strong, but I think you will all agree that it was worth it!

And, with no further wait, I now announce our first true love... Cadence Scott @Thurrbo and Will Leblanc @ResistingTheEnlightened ! Though three years apart, this couple shocks all with their common enthusiasm for puzzles and the truth. They're very kind and bond first over- well, let's just watch!

Maya Jones

Maya watched as the sun went from a burning light in the middle of the sky, to a distant memory in a dark night.She felt the first breeze of wind, and really wished that the people outside would come inside. They could prop up a table or something by the door, prevent any potential predators or cold bursts of wind from coming in. They couldn't do that until those people got inside though.

She moved to call at them, leaving Paul @Moogle-Girl , Cadence @Thurrbo , and Will @ResistingTheEnlightened to look out the door. She saw the firewood making its way in, but not the people. "Hey, guys!" She yelled at Akira (@Akira), Kuro Tsukinome (@Tsuki), and Kiri (@DapperDogman), "Not sure why it's already night, but let's get inside before it's even more cold, alright?"

She wasn't shivering yet, but that was because she'd slipped her leather jacket back on and was in cold weather clothes. Not everyone here was dressed like that, Arlic @Andy, for example, was wearing some karate type thing that didn't look warm in the slightest.​

Kiri smiles a little and shakes his head, speaking to Joshua @Kaykay "I don't know what a Stand is...but I assure you, I'm not using one...but yes, I can see your friend...he's wearing a pair of studded gloves, and he's...blue...but I suppose I'm not one to judge based on personal styles or fashions" he starts to walk toward the house slowly "Come, we should get in and light a fire before the cold sets in for real...Like I feared, the cold will be biting tonight, we need to keep the fire fed and ourselves as warm as possible...perhaps there's some material in the storage back in the cabin we could use for blankets"

With this he headed inside, gesturing for all to follow "We shouldn't dally we need to get preparations for night done as soon as we can"

Kujo Joshua

"I see," Joshua sighed to Kiri(@DapperDogman). He knew he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up. That was a 1 in a million chance. Hell, the chances were probably much lower. Star Platinum retreated back into his body as he walked back inside. He stepped through the door, adjusting his scarf, before noticing the pink-haired girl (@DANAsaur) sitting at the table alone. Well, she'd be easy to talk to, at least if she wanted to be talked to. The music player sort of said otherwise, but it wouldn't hurt to get to know more people, right? He approached her at the table, dusted off his coat, and took a seat as well.

"Hey..." He started loud to get through her headphones, but then paused for a second. She'd introduced herself as...uh...ah, right. "Fianna. You've probably heard one of my introductions, but just in case, Joshua Kujo," he continued, extending his hand for a handshake. Curious about her world and trying to get to know her better, he asked, "Shadow Hunter, huh? What's that?" It was better to listen than to speak, he figured. Nobody wanted someone to approach them and then rant all about themselves, after all.​

Geo Hamada

Geo spent some time talking to the strange man before he went away, talking to others. It wasn't strange that people quickly left her presence, and though it stung a bit, she didn't mind. She was generally a bit of a prickly woman, and others found it hard to adjust to her attitude. She really did care about her friends, but so far, these people were strangers to her, nobodies as far as she was concerned. "Man, what I wouldn't do to be able to work on my bike right now." she grumbled to herself.

Tossing a small rock she had found by her feet, Geo tried to amuse herself for the time being while they stayed in the cabin, already bored out of her mind. It was dark, so it's not like they could do much. Besides, she had an eerie feeling about this place. Something just didn't settle right in her stomach. She chewed on her tongue, looking around the room as she took in more of other peoples character, trying to devise what was going on with all of them in the same place.

Cadence Scott

Cadence chuckled at Will's (@ResistingTheEnlightened) joking comment. Being from around London herself, she understood well what he was talking about. Though the Ministry of Magic certainly didn't exist in his universe, she had no doubt there were plenty of other ministries running the show. "Interesting... So, in your universe, Sherlock Holmes exists in a modern setting?" she asked, in regards to Will's response. "That's so weird! Imagine, a mastermind detective like Holmes, but in 2015 London!" Cadence laughed at the thought of it as she began to draw parallels to the modern world she knew and the crazy adventures written about in Arthur Conan Doyle's wonderful stories.

As a shift in the conversation occurred, Cadence realized her nerd was showing. "I-I mean, I guess you don't have to imagine..." She cleared her throat awkwardly and was trying to reel herself back into the present moment, when she noticed Will leaning in very close to her. She froze completely, wondering what he was doing -- at which point, he pulled back and made a comment about her house at Hogwarts, apologizing for getting so close. "O-Oh, it's alright," Cadence uttered, looking away as she tried to hide the heat that was rising up to her face. "Y-You're right though! I'm a Ravenclaw, through and through. I, uh... y'know -- I think we're pretty awesome, but I also think my mom is secretly disappointed I didn't follow up on her Gryffindor legacy..." She chuckled quietly, trailing off as the lights outside suddenly dimmed.

In only a few moments, it seemed night had fallen upon the group. How strange... Maya (@HelloBeautifulChild), remembering that some of the group had traveled outside, opened the front door of the cabin and called everyone back inside. While Cadence stayed back and out of the way, she could feel the brisk, cold wind picking up. (And frankly, she welcomed the wind as it brushed against her face, cooling her flush cheeks from earlier.) It was a very strange scenario to be in -- one second it's midday, and the next it's evening? Not to mention the suddenly ominous weather, indicating a chilly wind storm was coming on. "Something isn't right..." she said, still wondering what universe exactly they were in where so many different worlds were colliding into one.

Rosalyn

Rosalyn took a seat on one of the chairs relatively away from those talking and those sitting, preferring to just listen in and wait for a moment to strike. Not much of one was coming, which was okay to her, she was happy as could be... but she did notice it had began to cool off a bit. Now she got freezing spells pretty often indoors, but this one was pretty noticeable... and with it came a strange tint to the air she didn't really care for. Weren't those peeps going to get firewood? Why don't they come back in and start a damned fire already?

With that, Rosalyn overheard something coming from Paul (@Moogle-Girl) that caught her ear. She quickly stood up and walked on her way over. She tapped his shoulder from behind, a half eaten apple in her other hand as she smiled at him. "I'm quite sorry... Paul was it? But did you just say 'Sburb'? That's a fictional game apart of a webcomic I know of called Homestuck. Quite the oddity. I had a brief feeling that something was up when I heard you call yourself a Knight of Mind, but now it's kinda obvious what you were talking about." She smiled. "I always preferred the title Maid of Hope, but in my world it's just fiction." She explained, getting quite talkative... a bit more than she normally was.

"Come to think of it... makes me wonder if we're all from some world of fiction in regards to each other's universes." Rosalyn looked around and coughed rather loudly before broadcasting her voice the best she could without yelling. "Anyone in here ever heard of a 'magical girl'? Cause if you have please let me know where I'm from."

Status
Not open for further replies.