Killer Affection

Status
Not open for further replies.
While he waited for her to finish bathing, he continued to work on the deer skin blanket, it being nearly completed. His hands were sore from the days labors of wrestling with that deer and with making this blanket he was working on now. So much so, that his wrist started to swell.

"Great...just what I need...a swollen wrist...Don't I have enough to worry about?" he whispered to himself. He looked around, making sure there was no one trying to kidnap or peek at Alicia as she bathed. Luckily he had set traps all up around this perimeter. If anything were to set one of these traps off, then it definitely would make a noise to where he knew where it was. The only spot he had left free of any traps was the entrance he had showed Alicia into. His hands and mind went back to working on the deer skin blanket. His wrists hurt really bad, but there wasn't anything he could do about it until they could get back to the cave. He had heated up some water he fetched from the stream nearby to sterilize it. By now, it was cold enough to where that water would be cool. He could drink that. That was all he knew how to do for his wrist. Hopefully it would heal soon. He wasn't too worried about it though. They would be going on their search tomorrow. He needed to rest up for that, but he knew that if he left Alicia here, something might happen to her. So he sat patiently at the trunk of the tree, waiting for her as he put the finishing touches on his blanket.

"You ok in there?" he shouted, just to make sure she was ok.

Alicia was enjoying the bath a lot. It would be the first time that she was clean since she had started her mission. In the water there was a boulder that was just covered by the water. Alice took a seat on it and merely retreated to her thoughts. She went over all the things that happened over the past few weeks. She had gotten a sunburn on her first week that lasted almost two more. In those two the police almost caught her three times, she cut her leg when she fell and landed on broken glass. She wondered the streets aimlessly, not really knowing what to do and then she stumbled onto the cave and met Stephen. Then her thoughts twisted around the topic of the boy. He wasn't bad looking. For a homeless guy he's quite intelligent and kind. Its not every day you meet someone like him, in a cave of all places.

The sound of his voice shattered her thoughts and she blushed a bit at the thought of thinking about him while taking a bath. "Yeah I'm fine, thanks. I'll be done in a bit." After about half an hour more of skinny dipping she got out and dried herself off. She smelled her clothes and decided that she wouldn't put them on. They reeked of sweat and smoke from the fire. After putting on her fresh underwear she sat down again and rinsed her clothes out as best she could. Thereafter she twisted all the water out of them and put the towel around her body. She walked over to where Stephen sat at the log and smiled down at him. "How do I look. Oh more importantly, how do I smell?"

Sebastian thought it was weird that she would ask him that question. Even more awkward, however, was the fact that she wasn't fully clothed. His face turned about 3 shades of red. He turned his head away, trying his best to be modest.

"You smell great. It is I that probably reeks of deer blood and sweat...You also look great as well....dirt or no dirt..." he reached out for her hand, finding it. He grabbed her hand and slowly lead her back to the cave. Thinking about it and how she had just washed her feet, he picked her up, bridal style, and carried her the short walk home to the cave. This made him blush even more, but he couldn't let a lady such as herself dirty her feet. Especially since she had just recently cleaned them.

As they came back to the cave, he set her down on the blanket he had given her before. He turned around.

"Forgive me for being so bold as to carry you like that, but I didn't want you to have to dirty your feet again. As for another blanket, I have only 2 extras. The one you used as a towel, if you wish, I can leave the cave for a while and you can hang dry it over the fire so you can use it. I need to go check the other traps anyway and see if we have food we can bring with us on our journey...Or I can just let you use this deer skin blanket I made and I can sleep without one next to the fire which I have done before and have been totally fine...Whatever you desire, that I will do..."

This was weird. Why was he being so nice to this girl? Was it because she was beautiful? Was it because she had the same past he did? No matter. All he knew now was that he had to help her anyway he could.

Alicia smiled when she saw his face turn red. It was cute. "Nah. You don't smell that bad.. Maybe a little bit" she answered with a giggle. "You really don't need to look away like that." She said sporting her own shade of pink.
"Thanks. I really had fun bath-swimming." Her remark made her realize how stupid it sounded and made her laugh.

When Sebastian picked her up she let out a little meep when the deer skin towel came loose and almost fell out of his arms as she tried catching it before it revealed more than it already had and pulled it back over her. With a red face she looked up at him "hehe sorry 'bout that." The rest of the trip she was quiet. To her it was very nice of him to carry her. She liked the idea of being in his arms.

When he put her down on the blanket she stretched out a bit. "Well we could always share y'know." She said blushing a bit again as she took the towel off and hung it up to dry. "I really don't like the idea of you sleeping without a blanket. I'd like to share with you. My jacket smells funny and is wet anyway so I'll need you to keep me warm" she stated as she started unpacking her bag to hang up her clothes. "That is.. If you can keep your hands to yourself" she added quickly but then decided to boost his ego a bit "but you're not that kind of guy right?"

Sebastian's already red face went even brighter.

"Dear Alicia...I can't promise anything...I'm a male and we have certain inclinations that are really strong and I can't promise I can control those emotions...Due to that...I need to sleep separately from you...Because, just like you said, I'm not that kind of guy...It isn't anything wrong with you so don't take it personally, it's just...I want to be able to not cause you any more pain, whether it be emotional or physical.."

Finding a soft bed of sand near the fire, Sebastian sat down.

"I can make my bed right here...You can use those blankets I gave to you....I really will be ok..."

Laying down in the sand, he sneezed.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine..." he said in between sneezes. He was determined to control those urges that he was cursed with...being a man. He wanted to do everything he could to protect her. Even if it meant getting sick so that she could stay warm for the night.

"Besides...I can get another blanket in town tomorrow....I will just sell the extra deer parts I don't use or eat and buy a blanket with it..."

Alicia giggled at his modest tone and way of speaking. "Dear sir don't be so serious. After all. I did ask for you to come join me. So it would be my fault if I were to prove to be to irresistable" she couldn't help but burst out laughing but picked up the one blanket and rolled it up "here. Use this as a pillow." She then put the rolled up deer skin by his head and got the other deer skin to use as a blanket. "I have some extra money so you can go buy a big blanket." She stated as she continued to lay down in front of him, covering them with the blanket. All she actually wanted was the comfort of not being alone anymore. She felt like she found it at this stage. Yet when she would be to learn that the very person she had just spent the day with was the murderer, would she still be as loving?.... She softly cuddled up to him, seeking the warmth of his body, hoping he wouldn't protest any longer

Sebastian's face stayed a bright shade of red as he didn't resist any longer and let her lay next to him. She was right, it was a lot warmer than laying down by the fire without a blanket. Now he just had to figure out how he was going to get through the night without hurting this fragile girl.

Turning around, he determined to stay on this side so that he wouldn't do anything he would regret later. That and that he wouldn't get any ideas about hurting this girl. Thinking about their journey tomorrow, it would be wise to purchase a horse too...But how were they going to do that? They barely were going to have enough money to get a blanket. He wouldn't think about it right now. Curiosity took over and he turned around. She was fast asleep. Just as he suspected. She looked so peaceful as she slept. He gently brushed her cheek. Her skin was so soft. Moving his hand quickly, he didn't want to let his emotions get the better of him. He layed down, looking up at the cave ceiling. There were many things they had to do tomorrow before leaving, but right now, he didn't want to have to think about that. He just needed to get some sleep.

After laying down next to the boy, Alicia fell asleep quite quickly. Completely oblivious to his tossing and turning. Sometimes she would mumble something in her sleep but didn't move much.

The next morning Alicia woke early and blushed a bright red as she felt his one hand on her breast. She came to the conclusion that he probably turned over in his sleep and where his hand landed was merely a coincidence. She got up softly as to not wake him, and walked over to where her clothes were hung up. She sniffed them and shrugged. They didn't smell bad, they were just really really cold. She dressed quickly and dug in her bag for some cans. After taking out a can of baked beans she sat by the fireplace which was now mere ashes. She figured that it wouldn't be so hard to start a fire. After all she had gone camping with her father before and he showed her a few good tricks. She quickly ran out of the cave and collected a few dry leaves small twigs and dead grass to use as kindle. She placed it all on a neat pile and looked around for two stones. She noted two stones placed together and she picked them up and struck them together. A few sparks flew and she smiled. "Now to make a fire" she whispered, getting down on her knees to light the fire. Holding the rocks near the pile of leaves she struck the stones together a few times and got the desired effect. A small flame popped up and quickly engulfed the rest of the pile. She then placed larger pieces of wood which was already in the cave, on the pile. Quite proud of herself she smiled. She had made fire from nothing for the first time

Sebastian woke to warmth. It was a fire. Had Alicia started it? He stretched. Still trying hard to wake up, he saw Alicia sitting across from him.

"Good Morning...Thank you for keeping me warm last night...I was much appreciated..." he struggled as he held back a sneeze. It was a change from him sleeping on the cold ground with but one thin blanket. Taking the blanket they had used, he stood up.

"I'm going to go take a quick bath. I won't be very long..."

He rushed to the pond, quickly stripping and washing his body. He couldn't leave very long. Who knows what might happen to her if he did. He quickly washed the scent of deer blood off of him. At least he wouldn't smell like deer blood anymore. He soon stepped out again, drying himself with the blanket he had brought. He thought back to during the night as he walked back to the cave. During the middle of the night, he had felt his hand land somewhere soft. He was dreaming of wrapping himself in a soft blanket and as he had reached out to grab the blanket, his dreams took him somewhere else, making his hand land on something soft. His face went red. Did his hand land somewhere it shouldn't have? He had to apologize as soon as he got back.

As he got back and looked at her, he bowed.

"I'm so sorry...I hope I didn't do anything indecent to you last night...If I touched you in any place I shouldn't have...I am sorry..." his face was bright red with embarrassment.

"Good morning" Alicia greeted with a smile as she saw Sebastian wake up. "Oh it was nothing. You kept me warm too. It was quite cosy." She replied unable to stop smiling. "I warmed up the deer meat and some baked beans for breakfast. That is if you eat breakfast" she stretched out a little as he said he was going to take a bath. "Ok. Have fun" she replied with a little yawn following.

As Sebastian was taking a bath Alicia quickly ate breakfast and left some for him. She thought of the moment she woke up and felt him touching her. A blush crept up on her face. In a way she liked it, although she wouldn't admit it. She decided to keep it a secret that it ever happened. When he suddenly returned she was a bit startled and blushed even redder. "No nothing happened. Hehe. Nothing at all. You were quite peacefully sleeping. All night." She answered assuring him that nothing happened

Sebastian was a bit relieved. Sitting down, he gratefully partook of the food that Alicia had prepared for him. He smiled ever so slightly.

"This tastes amazing. Thank you!" he quickly ate it. Sooner than he thought, he was full. As he cleaned up the left over food, he grabbed the utensils and walked to the mouth of the cave.

"Do you mind coming with me to the pond and helping me wash these eating utensils off?"

He watched her, unawares that he was staring very vehemently at her. He then realized and turned his head away. Why was he doing this? Why did he keep doing things that made him look like a pervert? At this rate, she would never even think of staying by his side. If she didn't, then there would be no way he could repay his debt to society for the atrocity he had done to those people he had killed several weeks ago. Maybe he was being selfish, but he wanted to do something. Anything to be forgiven of the heinous crime he had committed.

"Of course I'll come help you." She replied with a smile. She really started to like Sebastian. He was kind and caring and so cute when he's trying to be modest. And he didn't look bad either. Alice sported a blush as she thought of that and looked away so it won't be too obvious.

She quickly gathered all the utensils and put them in the top plate on the small pile. "So are you coming?" She retorted as she got up and started walking to the pond. Of course she didn't like doing dishes, who did. She just figured that because he didn't even hesitate to help her and that he didn't hesitate even a bit to show hospitality to a stranger, she had to repay him somehow by being as much of help to him as possible

Sebastian ran to keep up with Alicia. If he hadn't noticed before, he sure noticed a few minutes ago. Alicia's face went red. That wasn't a lie. He was surprised that anyone would fall for a killer like him. Of course, she didn't know he was a killer. Was it fair for him to go on and not tell her about what he had done? Was that fair for Alicia? The last thing he wanted to do was lie to this beautiful young woman who he was growing feelings for. He had to tell her. But when? He had to wait for the right time and that right time wasn't now. They came upon the pond and they took the utensils, cleaning them off.

"I just wash them off here. I usually boil water and stick them in there to sanitize them. We can do that tonight before we go to bed..." He started washing the utensils.
"I'm usually a clean freak, so forgive my clean freak behavior, I just don't want you to get sick while your with me..." he stated as he and Alicia finished up the last utensils and started heading back to the cave.
"When we get back, we need to head out as soon as possible...How quickly can you be ready?"

Alicia giggled when he confessed to being a clean freak. It was a bit amusing to her. "Well that's ok. Being hygienic is always a good thing" she replied with a bright smile but quickly noticed something was off. It seemed as though every time he was in a good mood something dampened his spirit. She wondered what that was but didn't have the courage to ask what was up. Completely oblivious to the fact that he was the killer she had been looking for she trusted him more than anyone. Mostly because he knew her pain. Unfortunately she didn't know the guilt he had to carry on his shoulders for the rest of his life. That guilt was the size of her pain tenfold...

"Well, all I have to do is pack my bag and we can be off. Where did you plan on heading?" She answered as she walked next to him. Her blush had now faded, and she focused on where she stepped so she wouldn't trip and drop the clean utensils on the ground.
At the cave she put the utensils down and quickly got her bag packed. "Alright. I think that's everything" she stated as she slung the bag over her shoulder

Sebastian picked up his things as well.

"I wanted to get out and help you find who killed your parents as soon as possible. The longer we idle our time away, the longer a killer is running loose."

Taking Alicia's hand, he lead her towards their first stop, town. This town was not his hometown and made it easier to go unnoticed by eyes they may be looking for him. He didn't want to be found. Not yet at least. He wanted to be able to help Alicia find the killer who killed her parents. That way, when he turned himself in, even though forgiveness was going to be hard to obtain, he would at least feel a little bit better. He would never forget what he did, but he did have the power to put the killer behind bars.

As they approached town, Sebastian grabbed the deer blanket he had made and the extra parts of the deer he had thrown in the deer skin that these villagers would use.

"Now when we get down to town, we need to sell these so that we can get a better blanket and maybe a few food items...So keep your eyes and ears peeled for the person who is willing to give us the most for this..."

(I'm sorry it took so long. I kinda forgot ^^)

When Sebastian took her hand Alicia couldn't help but blush. What's more is that she then realised that she had a crush on him. But would she tell him or keep it a secret? It was only right to tell him but the right time to tell him would have to show itself first. She couldn't exactly bring that up while they were making plans to hunt a killer. They were on a mission not a love trip!! But he's so handsome and the way he took charge was so attractive!

"Why sell it? Its food and I have money." She commented as she took the money she had out of her bag and offered it to him. "I think this will be more than enough. It might even be enough for two blankets and some food." She said innocently with a smile. Although that was the last money she had it would be going for a good cause so she didn't hesitate to give it to him.
And where would she find someone who would be interested in buying deer materials anyway. They were a couple of strays with a few kilograms of meat and a few skins. It wasn't as if they were trading fine leather and A-class meat now was it!

Sebastian's face grew warm as he took Alicia with him to the town. His hand grasping hers was only making him be distracted more and more. He had to finish this quest with this girl fast so that he wouldn't hurt another. If she had found out what he had done, then she surely would want to kill him too. He had to hurry so that this quest would be done without him developing any more feeling for her than he already had. But while he was grasping her hand, he wanted to enjoy it while it lasted.

"Do you know how to use a weapon? Any kind of weapon at all? Dagger? Knife? Sword? Bow? You might need it. I don't know how long it will take us to find your parent's killer. But we may need a weapon if we happen to run into him and he wants to kill us too.." They had made it to a stand where they sold thick blankets and they bought 2 blankets. With the left over money, he lead Alicia to the best food stands in town, encouraging her to buy whatever she needed and/or wanted so they could have food for a several days. Water was easy obtain and sanitize, but food was hard to come by. The animals were clever here and had hardly fallen for any of his traps that he had laid. So they had to get food and weapons.

"Once we get all the food and get our weapons, we need to make our way to where your parents were murdered. Do you remember how to get there?"

(Sorry I haven't replied in a while. I have no excuse. Forgive me please!)

"Well I know pretty well how to use a bow. Dad taught me how to shoot pretty straight." She bragged with a cute smile. "Are we going to have enough money for weapons? They cost a lot. And yeah. I do remember where it was but new people already moved in there. I checked." She replied with a sigh. After a few days on the street she wanted to go home and see what had happened so far but the place had been cleared and completely renovated. New people were living there now with their two young kids. While she was there watching from a distance she envied them. They didn't know how lucky they were. Alicia could never again hear her fathers laugh or feel her mothers warm touch. The times they'd spent going to the park and the zoo and the beach all seemed like a dream to her. A dream that was never really meant to be reality.
Thinking back a tear ran down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away before Sebastian could see her crying but her red eyes would probably give it away. "Ooh this looks nice!" She said in a happy tone to cover up her sadness and get her mind to stop thinking about it as she stopped and looked at one of the hats an old man was selling. "Sebastian you'd look really nice in this. Try it on. Please." She asked with a smile as she held the hat out to him.

Sebastian stopped and looked at the hat Alicia was holding out. It was a nice hat. And she was right. Their funds were limited. Nevertheless, he humored the girl and gingerly took it from her hands. Placing it on his head, he smiled a shy smile.

"How does it look?"

The old man looked at Sebastian and Alicia and chuckled.

"You may have it with no charge. A gift for the cute young couple..." Sebastian's face lit up bright red. He thanked the man and grabbed Alicia's wrist, taking her away from the stand before his face went anymore red.
"I remember what you said about you being good with the bow. If that is the case and if we have enough money for sturdy string, I could carve a nice bow out of wood for you....If you wouldn't mind it that is...."

He glanced around looking for a place that sold string.

"You look superbly awesome!" She exclaimed accompanied with a wide smile and a few claps. But her smile faded, she let her head drop and her face went blood red when she heard the man call them a couple. "Oh my.." She mumbled as a slight smile as she peeped up at Sebastian. He was also blushing. That made her smile brightly again and she waved at the man as Sebastian dragged her off. "Bye! Thanks mister!"

"Having a natural wood bow would be awesome." She said softly, her face still dusted a slight pink. Maybe now was the time Alicia had to tell him. Yes! It was now or never! She softly tapped his shoulder and placed her hands back on her chest. "Uhm Sebastian.. I have something to tell you." She said shyly to get his attention. She had never done this before so she was on edge. If Sebastian rebuffed her affection she'd be completely broken... "you've been so nice to me and all and I .. I really like you. And the guy back there just said out loud what I've been thinking all this time. And I was wondering if you would like to be a couple?" Her face was now completely red again. Thankfully nobody other than Sebastian was around to hear what she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.