Kill Me At Dusk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Margaret leaned in as well. "And you're crazy if you think I believe that's the sole reason." Margaret smirked and leaned back.
Jess was actually nice. Margaret didn't really interact with others, too focused on becoming a journalist.
Maybe that's what promoted her to say what she did. "If you ever want to get away call me okay."

Jess smiled lightly. "Thank you," she told the girl, voice sincere, and she grabbed a napkin and fished out a pen from her pocket. Scrawling her phone number on it, she passed it to Margaret. "The same goes for you. If anything goes wrong, ever, let me know." Her eyes were serious for a moment before lightening, "Or, if you just want to talk, that'd be fine too. I'm a good listener."

*~*~*~*

Mike was on his way home, hands shoved in his pockets, when he caught a strange scent... The scent of something he thought he had insured that he'd killed years ago... His eyes flicked around, narrowed, and he leaned against a tree so that he might focus. At this point, Mike had managed to clean himself up -- all traces of blood were gone from his figure -- so those who passed him by paid him no mind.

Finally, he found the scent he was searching for -- it was in the restaurant Kings. Allowing himself a small smile, he started towards the restaurant casually. For the moment, his thirst was quenched; now, it was curiosity driving him. Curiosity and disbelief.

Margaret smiled. Wow she actually made a friend. "Thanks." She smiled when their food came with new drinks. "Thank you." She said taking Jessica's advice.
"You know, by the time we get back schools over. Wanna...hang out...or something?" She asked awkwardly. She wasn't good at this part, not having much practice with it.

((*cough* Her full name isn't Jessica; as far as y'all know, her only name is Jess. ^^ ))

Jess smiled at Margaret, but part of her began to close itself off from the girl. Tony had been her friend, and he'd died... Marianna, her sister, had died... Joseph and Ash and... Jess cut off the train of thought before it could continue.

"Sure," she replied lightly. "We can go over to my house, if you'd like. You can meet Lex..." She thought for a moment and then smiled ruefully. "Actually, nevermind. I don't want him to kill you for ditching with me." She laughed softly. "Can we go over to your house?"

*~*~*~*

Mike stepped into the diner, and the scent hit him full force. Whirling, he located it... and he couldn't believe it. Lex's sister? his thoughts demanded, not understanding. He had seen Jess multiple times, but he'd never... He had to be sure before he called it in. "Jess?" he exclaimed, walking over to the girl and sliding into the seat beside her, hardly minding the other girl she was talking to. "Long time no see."

She turned to him, eyes narrowed. "I saw you yesterday," she stated flatly and turned back to the girl in front of her, opening her mouth to say something.

"Really? Are you sure, because --"

Jess tensed, and sensing his opportunity, he gently probed her with his own power -- and Jessamine's characteristic power snapped back at him. "Go away, Mike. Go harass my brother." He held up his hands in truce and finally glanced at the girl who she'd been talking to.

"I'm Mike," he began, and Jess shoved him out of the seat. "I'm going, I'm going," he grumbled, stepping out of his seat and starting towards the door. "It was nice to meet you," he called over his shoulder, and once out the door, he mentally contacted an old friend of his who would be quite happy to unleash some hell just for him... I might as well toy with her first... his thoughts murmured, and besides, if she can't even protect her new friend from some insignificant Vampires, she isn't worth my time anymore.

((OOps sorry!))

Margaret watched the strange exchange before her. She wondered who this male was and why Jess seemed to be so irritated by his presence.
As the boy walked away Margaret raised a hand to say bye. She turned her curious gaze onto Jess. Her mind buzzed with questions but she kept them to herself. Instead she stood, leaving a generous tip on the table. "So, my house you said?" Margaret spoke stuffing her hands in her pockets.
"Do you need anything from the school? We can stop there first?" Margaret offered as they walked back to her car.

"Yup," Jess replied, snapped out of her distracted thoughts. Mike had always bothered her, but he had never bothered her to this degree. 'Something is wrong,' her thoughts whispered, warned, and Jess's cheeks flushed. Last time she hadn't listened to that thought, people had died... but whenever she did, nothing happened. She was crazy. "Your house would be great."

She followed Margaret out of the restuarant, ignoring the paranoia that was beginning to seep into her bones. Every glance anyone paid her was suddenly dark and full of malice, and Jess felt like she was going out of her mind. "No, I don't think I need anything," she told the girl, shoving all of it down and sliding into the passenger seat. "Unless you want to drop by for any reason?"

"Nah I'm okay." She said nonchalantly. Margaret drove to her home. It wasn't far from the restaurant. It was a small house, one bedroom and a small living room. "So...uh, this is my house." She said suddenly shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.