KidzBop... I don't Even...

Hearing children sing is better...

• Anywhere; don't see anything wrong with MP3s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At G-Rated occasions with overprotective adults

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • When you're watching home made videos of them.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It depends on the content of their song choice.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • AAAH! NO! Just no!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceChateau777

That Alley Down the Road...
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
  2. No Preferences
Genres
Anything with Youkai, Japanese culture, Fantasy, Realistic, and almost all Originals (Except Touhou)
KidzBop is... Okay, I guess?​

Ever since Kidz Bop came out, I don't know whether to like it or hate it. I mean, whoever came up with the idea of having children sing adult themed tunes should get a head check.

ARE YOU SURE THIS IS OKAY?

What could have been...

Seriously, is it just me or is it okay to just have children bouncing up and down screaming "THIS IS ACCEPTABLE!" I think it's children having a good time, but I certainly don't want to hear their MP3 songs... even when they sang the old classics. I mean, how many of you see something odd with this? I'm sure adults don't want to hear rugrats screaming "HIT ME BABY!" in the background.

It really depends on their song choice, too.
Wouldn't want a child singing "Love Between Two Sheets"... or anything suggestive.

Then again, I'm just tired. I don't have a true problem with it. As long as they know what the songs are saying, I'd give it the green light.​

Last edited:
I'm... not sure what exactly you're trying to say, here?

I mean, I wouldn't expect that adults would enjoy it... but it's not for adults. It's for kids. And if kids are listening and enjoying it then I really don't see what the problem is. After all, the songs that they pick out are generally popular songs that the kids probably would've already heard anyway, so even if you have a problem with some of the songs they pick out, I don't think it makes much of a difference.

I mean, did you really think that the kids that this is aimed at hadn't already heard "Call Me Maybe" prior to it getting a Kidz Bob version? And, so what if they have? It doesn't strike me as a particularly "adult" song...

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I'm... not sure what exactly you're trying to say, here?

I mean, I wouldn't expect that adults would enjoy it... but it's not for adults. It's for kids. And if kids are listening and enjoying it then I really don't see what the problem is. After all, the songs that they pick out are generally popular songs that the kids probably would've already heard anyway, so even if you have a problem with some of the songs they pick out, I don't think it makes much of a difference.

I mean, did you really think that the kids that this is aimed at hadn't already heard "Call Me Maybe" prior to it getting a Kidz Bob version? And, so what if they have? It doesn't strike me as a particularly "adult" song...
To be honest, I don't see it as a problem either.
Good thing they know their boundaries!

It was just a thought that I had since I was a kid.

I HATE KIDZBOP.

They don't even pick kid-friendly songs to do! They pick very adult sexual songs sometimes and only -barely- alter the lyrics. @_____@ At that point why even bother doing a "kids version" in the first place? Just let them listen to the actual songs! ><

I don't really like it and wouldn't ever wanted to listen to Kids-pop myself.
But it does have it's audience, so it let it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.