Khueria - The world and Lore

Squee

I'm one of those "details and implications" guys.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
I work swing shift, schedule changes daily.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Medieval Fantasy. Or pirates. Pirates are always good. When it comes to reading, however, a good steampunk is always great. Above all, however, I would definitely have to say my favorite is Dark Fantasy.
Introduction

Hello! I'm Squee, and I've been roleplaying for about 14 years now. Just like the rest of us, not only have I joined roleplays, but I've made some as well. I was roundabouts 15 when I started on my own full world concept and since then it's been almost 13 years. This world has been modified a considerable amount but over the last 8 or so years has remained relatively the same. It was unintentionally a massive project I undertook to create a world in which anything is possible while also making it seem like a real living and breathing world with an actual sense of realism within a work of fiction.

This is my second time working on this project for the simple fact that I am changing a lot of things I didn't like. I've added more details and gotten rid of things I have since decided I didn't like. Most of this is simply carried over from my old thread from two years ago, but I will be making changes and continuing my progress on my creations. My intentions remain the same, I would like to make this thread a resource for those that wish to use my world. The setting here is that of an adaptable fantasy world. So far there's a lot of things to look forward to.

It is worth noting that as a resource I don't mind if things are altered to befit your own image, the purpose of this is to provide a base on which to build your own story. If you only want to use my races, go for it. If all you're after is a map with national backgrounds and borders, you can use that but change everything else. Do with this world as you see fit. My only request is that you credit me somewhere, as I did work for a very long time on this world and would very much like people to know where this came from. You do not need to ask for permission but I would appreciate knowing you are using it!

So...Let's get started.

Changelogs

- 5/2/2018 - Added and complete races
- 5/3/2018 - Added and complete nations: Athal & Ethel, Mora Fane, Quartz Kingdom, Cruevania, Southern Sanctuary, Eastern Sanctuary. Added to-do list.
-5/4/2018 - Added tags, Expanded Index, Complete nations: The Begix Territory, Western Sanctuary, Valhalla, Vardēśa
-5/5/2018 - Complete nation Leonsill, Fixed up some formatting
-5/8/2018 - Complete nations Chatou, International Territory. Added Arcane Dimension and gods Riusen, Nesrin, Sifteel, Agbara, Qiling, Aitesar, Theslin, Crelt, Droxheel, Hexceel, Terasen. Added Elven Theology link.
-5/9/2018 - Did some formatting, complete brief summary of gods Nesareth, Gorbubara, Artenisen, Ylusrin, and Uliseel

-5/24/2018 - Complete nation Chatou, summarized Verteslin
-4/18/2020 - Starting again. Removed religion tab, I hated it and have decided to omit it, unsure if it will be reintroduced. Worked on formatting. Added Lycanthropy, Vampirism, and Unioned
-4/19/2020 - Added Lichdom and The Ascended. Removed every instance of the old world name. Changed Dragoon and Kindred racial information.
-4/20/2020 - Added the magic system. MANY small edits to races. Added images for historical figures to come. Added Demonification. Added Muterest
-4/27/2020 - Lots of work on Historical Figures.

To-Do List

• Edit already established things I intend on changing.
  • Review the Magic system
  • Add historical figures
The Races
  • Humans are the oldest race that roam the world. It's commonly believed that every race can be traced back to the humans, and there is more than archeological evidence to support this idea. While not only the most common race, Humans have the uncanny ability to replicate the magic of any other species with the exception of the Kindred and the Espers. Most believe this to be the largest piece of evidence of humans being the origin of all races as magic plays a pivotal role in a races features, and yet humans can even replicate Dragoon magic.

Despite their potential, when a human is born they do not have an innate affinity with magic and must hone their skills. For this reason, even though they can learn to use other races magic, they have instead developed their own magic in the form of spellcasting or magical augmentation. That is, if the human seeks to learn magic at all as they are also excellent physical combatants. Some can become powerful mages, others choose the way of the warrior, and some live a life of stealth and discretion.

Human culture has not been dictated by its racial features but rather its location, resulting in people from different parts of the world share different cultures. This is due to the sheer size of the human race and how they built their own societies in isolation of one another, connected only by trade and war. Being from all corners of the world, many great cities were made by humans, even ones no longer within the human domain.

In history, the human race has had most of the political power, but they do not rule through war, instead choosing to make peace through trade and diplomacy. Humans are a race that inherently recognizes that people are more valuable alive than dead, even if this means slavery. As such they mostly make their position in the world invaluable to the others, however their sheer size and various cultures have forged alliances, and with those allies, enemies.

Most Humans will not act alone. In a world as dangerous as this one and with a race as plentiful as them there is no reason to take on any task alone. Humans are almost always in groups, housed together with multiple families in one building and large numbers in the military battalions. Strength in numbers very strongly applies to this race, but it would be foolish to think they stick with their own. While racial biases carry based on human culture, it is far from rare to find a human allied with the other races. A race so massive can easily see the value in befriending another regardless of their qualities.
  • The Elves are a common race scattered throughout the world of Khueria. They can be distinguished by their particular facial features, slender bodies, and pointed ears. They share a lot of cultural properties with humans, however they have developed their own theology. A hierarchy of gods are often worshiped, making them and humans the only 2 races to build churches.

Being noticeably more slender than humans, the Elves have become slightly weaker than humans in terms of strength but have gained a higher dexterity and innate understanding of magic. Most Elves learn to use magic in a form of worship, sticking to various magic types and casting methods that apply to different gods, often making the elves seem like elemental wielders. The Elven theology comes mostly from their study of the flows of magic as they are the race that most easily understands how magic moves throughout the world. Some few have even gained the ability to visibly see magical energies, making it far easier for them to observe the effects magic has on their world.

Due to being the most religious race among Khueria, the Elves tend to live closer to their churches and cathedrals in the cities, and usually the church is built at the top of a hill. Despite living close together, the Elven religion strictly forbids prejudice against races with but one exception; The Kindred. While the Kindred are not inherently evil, their particular use of magic has forever branded them heretics. Many Elves will overlook the Kindred race, but of all races to dislike the Kindred, the Elves are the most notorious. They would not even take a Kindred as a slave. Kindred magic is the antonym of their religion.

Some of the greatest minds in the worlds history were the elves, usually studying what effects magic has on places and people. However, it's not only their innate understanding of magic that makes them brilliant scholars, but also their longer lifespans. The average elf will live for around 200 years before their body fails. This gives them a noticeably larger amount of time to further their own studies, making it far easier for one single Elf to do what it would take 2 generations of humans to accomplish, removing the step of training a protege.

The Espers are highly respected by the elves as, despite being believed to have originated from Kindred design, Elves believe Espers to sometimes be avatars of the gods. While this is not a universal belief among their religion, it has spread to at least warrant some respect from the elves even if they do not believe it to be fact. Despite Berserkers being the only race to match their lifespan, their rarity makes Elves lean more towards Espers for interracial kinship. Humans make good allies, but many Elves that befriend this race end up watching their friend pass away, which causes some elves to avoid the pain altogether.
  • The Kindred, much like the Espers, have their own unique brand of magic. Genetically speaking, the Kindred are easily traced back to the elves. The Elves are a religious race with many beliefs and taboos. These beliefs, however, heavily believe the nature of Kindred magic to be taboo. The taboo in question was the manipulation of the force of life. Many Kindred were treated poorly by the elves for their beliefs, resulting in many clans making an oath to treat one another as family, resulting in their given name. It is their ability to sacrifice their own life force to enhance their magical capabilities that has made Kindred magic stand out as unique.

Genetically the Kindred are far closer to the Elves than the Humans, Dragoons, or Berserkers. Despite this fact, the magic they use has made them vastly different. Being a race with a history of forbidden arts, the Kindred are commonly considered outcasts and face an unfortunate amount of racism. To counteract discrimination they are raised in clans and typically do not associate outside of these clans with some exceptions such as employment. Marriages are often arranged for this reason, however the goal is never wealth or keeping "good blood". It is in a parents best interest to make sure that their children are with their own kind to assure that they will be happy together, though not every child agrees to this. Furthermore, the Kindred have their own theology, though they have no deity. It is widely believed by the Kindred that life is an energy that can be manipulated, both the living and the dead, but never one or the other.

This belief comes from the Kindred magic itself. The Kindred have the greatest magical potential of any race, their magic could be used to destroy entire civilizations, but great power comes at a great cost. Kindred have a natural connection to the forces of life itself. This connection is used in their magic. By sacrificing their life force, the Kindred can enhance the potency of their magic and increase their magical potential. By using magic through this method, the Kindred shortens their own lifespan. Having the same life cycle and perception of time as humans and elves, this is a price most do not wish to pay. It is to be noted, however, that Kindred can still use magic without tapping into the forces of life. This magic, however, will be no more powerful than a humans magic.

By manipulating the forces of life, kindred are capable of many varieties of magic. The most iconic manifestation, though also one of the more rare, is the ability of possession. A type of magic that can force living things to obey its will. The reason this particular manifestation is so iconic is due to one particular member of the race. A Lich Lord seeking true immortality. By trading in entire years of his life, he could raise a corpse from the dead and make it do as he said. While he is the only one to have accomplished this it did become a representation of what the Kindred meant to the other races. A species toying with life and death, thus creating most of the racial tension the Kindred have with the world. However, as luck would have it, living in a dangerous world means not everyone has the privilege of racism, and every once in a while a Kindred clan will be treated as equals, even if out of convenience and fear.

Physically, Kindred are not extremely powerful. Having a natural affinity for magic means Kindred have sacrificed most of their physical capabilities. This has effected more than just the strength, stamina, and dexterity of the race, but also their height. Of every species, the Kindred or the shortest. It is a widely accepted fact that a Kindred will never best any of the other races in physical combat, but a Kindred who spent their life exercising their physical prowess should be able to keep up with most average humans and elves.
  • The Dragoons of Khueria are brutal physical specimen. The appearance of a dragoon varies based on their strength, speed, and power, taking on more scaly and draconic features the more impressive they are. This can largely be attributed to the magical spirit of the Dragoons, as the magic that exists within a dragoons body is what changes their form. Whatever magic a Dragoon possesses causes their physical bodies to morph into vicious appearances with scales, claws, tails, sharp eyes, and in some rare cases even wings.

From a certain perspective it could be said the Dragoons are literally exploding with energy. Since their magic only allowed itself to be used on their bodies, Dragoons have the highest stamina of all the organic races of Khueria. Of course, they cannot match the stamina of the Espers due to their lack of physical bodies, but they could easily best most Espers in their physical strength and brutality. Dragoons are powerhouses, capable of astonishing physical accomplishments. The typical dragoon has raw strength, but sometimes their bodies sacrifice their strength for speed and agility, and if the dragoon holds enough magic energy concealed in their bodies they can even grow wings at an early age and learn to fly. Truth is, however, that flight is more rare than the wings are, most winged dragoons are only capable of a slight hover or glide.

Dragoons have become associated with war and violence, and for simple reasons. Firstly, when it comes time to go to battle the Dragoons are famous for being the first ones into battle and the last ones to leave. Seeing the ferocity of a Dragoon in battle is certainly intimidating, their brutish nature makes them a force to be feared in battle. The Dragoons are great sources of capable hands in war not only because of their immense strength and stamina, but also their scales. Every Dragoon has scales and these scales have a wide variety of features they may carry, though it's rare to see more than 2 types of scales on the same Dragoon. Some types of scales resist blades and act as a natural armor, this being the most common type of scale for dragoons to grow. Other scales can resist temperature, electricity, friction, or sometimes even resist magical attacks on their own, though resisting magic is the rarest of the Dragoon scales as it can only grow from a dragoon with exceptional magic energies. These scales are so useful in combat it's sometimes wondered if Dragoons love to fight or if their bodies are simply causing people to want them to fight.

However associated with war the Dragoons may be, they have far more features than just being constantly battle-ready. Their strength and other abilities makes them excellent sources of labor throughout the world, but they also carry another feature no other races seem to have. An instinct that drives them in directions not even they can explain. It is unwise for a dragoon to ignore their instincts, and the more powerful a dragoons magical energy the stronger and clearer their instincts are. It's widely believed that their magic also pours into their brains and helps to guide them, but this belief is sometimes dismissed due to resembling premonition so clearly. One thing is certain; ignoring a Dragoons first instinct is a mistake more often than it is not.
  • Far north beyond the mountains sits a land of ice and snow where life struggles to thrive. Forests of pine are a home to many predators that threaten to hunt out the prey if not kept in check. The Berserkers that call this land home hunt the hunters and have been doing so for so long that they have made their hunts essential to keeping the ecosystem in check. Living here is hard, but the race of gargantuan men and women would have it no other way. Where others see challenge, the Berserkers see opportunity.

The origin of this muscular race of men and women is completely unknown as prior to founding Valhalla, the Berserkers never particularly cared for history. What is known is that they primarily lived in tribes constantly battling one another for resources such as land and food. Hunting grounds were more valuable than gold as food was scarce and difficult to kill. Due to the importance of the hunt it has always been important for a Berserker to use every part of a corpse, sometimes even using the bones of their own dead to make weapons, armor, and even shelter.

Berserkers rarely live outside of the Northern Harshlands as they have a prominent importance on tradition. So much so that within the city-state of Valhalla, their united home, each Berserker still considers themselves part of their ancestral tribe even despite their interbreeding over the years. Typically the tribe goes to the stronger parent, be it mother or father, and is decided by either social status or in some cases a spar. A Berserkers birth tribe can often, though not always, be detected based on traditional tattoos made of their own enchanted ink. Many believe the ink helps the Berserkers by filling their bodies with energy, but it's hard to say for sure as Berserkers already have impressive amounts of energy.

One might think their stature makes them forgo the practice of magic, but it is a common mistake. While many do indeed ignore the practice of magic, each tribe typically has a style of magic passed down. Much like humans, Berserkers can emulate any other races magic, but they almost never dabble outside their own traditions. Usually their magical prowess comes in the form of enhancing their already impressive physical aspects, often making them stronger, faster, and simply mightier.

Being natives of the hardest place to live, Berserkers have an uncanny resilience to the forces of nature. Be it bitter cold or smoldering heat, the gargantuan people feel little impact from their surroundings. To match this natural defense comes a resistance to poisons and toxins. This feature is actually traceable to a Berserkers mightiest trait, one that makes them a horrifying race to wage war against. A Berserker can never be weaker than they have been in the past. This means any Berserker who remains active will always become stronger, making the elders die in their mightiest state. Their life spans run up to 190 years if they die a natural death simply because their organs will not fail them. However, they choose to live lives of danger and rarely get the opportunity to pass away from a tired body.
  • The Espers are a race found in Khueria that have one of the most unique body makeups. Rather than being born of bone and flesh, the Espers are built from metal and stone. A race purely comprised of built beings crafted by their own kind. Living armor is made possible by imbuing spiritual energy into a suit of armor and giving it a sentience of its own. Traditionally the armor is built to suit the various races of Khueria such as humans and elves, but it is entirely possible to build an Esper in any shape.

Where exactly the Espers came from is a widely debated topic. History wasn't so kind as to document where these living armors came from, instead making it seem as if they had just appeared, wielding their own unique brand of magic. What is known is that Espers are able to create more Espers, and each of them used magic of the same type. This process is not understood by any other race, nor does it seem that they could ever replicate the process. Only an Esper can create an Esper. Whatever unique magic sits inside these suits of armor also lets them sense the world around them without the use of traditional senses. While they behave as if they can see and hear, it's not certain if they actually can use their senses.

Stripping down what an Esper is to its anatomy, the ignorant observer would see a suit of armor with nothing inside, yet still living. This, however, is not the case. While the Espers body would be rightfully seen as the hollowed out armor, there is not so much simplicity to their being. The armor that is the Espers body acts as a shell or casing to hold in raw magic energy. Esper magic comes from the spirit cased within their armor, using the armor as a bottle of sorts to contain their very souls, meaning any magic that bleeds out of the Espers armor has an aging effect on their spirit. As such the Esper race uses magic different, creating the spell in their armor before unleashing it in its manifested form, allowing them to contain their energy all the same.

Because the suit acts as a shell, when Esper magic is used in excessive amounts the casing that holds in the raw magic of an Espers spirit can crack the armor. Espers die when their spirit has left the armor, the energy scatters and disperses back into the natural world. Should an Esper expel enough energy at once the armor keeping their spirits intact could shatter and all of the stored energy would diffuse, making it impossible to resurrect the Esper once the shell is broken. While using too much magic can crack an Espers body, they are capable of recovering. Not having an organic body means they cannot heal naturally over time, but should a piece of their body be damaged, if it is properly repaired then an Esper can infuse their spirit back into it, though it would make the Esper weaker for a period of time proportional to the damage repaired. There does, however, come a point where the damage received is too much. Not only can expelling too much energy kill an Esper, but if the armor making up their body is too damaged to sustain the energy then the same effect is achieved and the Espers spirit diffuses into the environment.

However, armor is not traditionally an easy thing to break. Because of this, many Espers were built for the purpose of battle. Being made from a material that is specifically designed for combat, it was a natural direction to be stepped towards. Not only were Espers crafted from metal bodies, but iron and steel weapons themselves were also imbued with the Espers spirits. This was a double edged sword, while having a weapon that also acted as part of the Espers shell made the weapon stronger, it made the Esper vulnerable. Breaking the weapon damaged the Esper and made it significantly weaker. With this in mind, a group of Espers began to innovate with their designs. Open bodied Espers were being crafted, suits of armor that lacked in parts and left their spirits open. This form also had both advantages and disadvantages. There was less of a body to damage, but there was also less containment. These open bodied Espers were stable and capable of living and recovering, but they faced a very dangerous challenge. An open shell meant that their energy would slowly scatter away from their bodies which made casting magic dangerous. Their natural emotions would impact just how much of their energy would leave their body, usually easily visible by a colored glow matching the Esper. The more intense the glow the better the energy stayed, a dim glow meant they were losing a lot of energy. This also made recovering from any damage very difficult.

At a first glance organic life begins to think of the advantages Espers have on the battlefield, however the disadvantages are often not considered. While it is a fact that Espers do not suffer from fatigue, they also do not have adrenaline. Organic lifes greatest asset is its will to survive, a will so strong that in moments of extreme danger their bodies are capable of over-riding the most brutal of injuries and continue fighting. But when an Esper is injured, it's an injury that will hinder the Esper at all times. Though they may not have a will to die, they also do not have a nearly as strong will to survive. In a situation where willpower can make the difference between victory and defeat, the chances that an Esper will pull through become very slim. The grey zone between can and cannot becomes a hard line. This is the reason Espers keep themselves close to the other races, having a partner that knows when to push forward or to draw back is vital for them to be useful, both in combat and not.

Though Espers were originally seen as hands in combat to fight off the brutal nature of the world, Espers began to craft others that were not destined for battle. Espers designed to be guides, designed to do the work humans ought not do. Particularly, charging Espers with the task of taking convoy between settlements. The world was at war with vicious monsters and anyone walking outside their settlement was in far more danger than they would be in should they have stayed in their village. The fact was that these monsters attacked for sustenance and as they could not feast on magic energy, the Espers were an ideal source for traveling long distances. Provided the cargo they carried didn't attract vicious beasts, Espers could travel the world undisturbed. The world had become a whole lot smaller as Espers began to map out everything they saw and record their findings. Espers became invaluable to the process of uniting the world.

Despite initial assumptions, Espers are not a species that can live forever. One might easily mistaken them for immortal, however an Esper can become old enough to pass away of natural causes. The armor that acts as their shell can slowly become unable to hold the magic that is their spirit and their old age can cause the slow decaying of their soul. While ageless, time can still kill this race. However, in death an Esper can still contribute to the fight for survival. When an Esper dies, its armor is left behind. Esper armor is rare and very powerful. Should a member of another race wear Esper armor they will find that their strengths are made stronger and their weaknesses fade ever so slightly. The armor may not be capable of holding in a soul made of magic anymore, but the residue of an Espers spirit will linger in the armor and enhance a wearers capabilities. The same holds true for Esper weapons. Anything that was once an Espers body part can hold the energy that made it once live. Unfortunately, finding an Espers body that has remained intact enough to hold magic is difficult, most Espers die from excessive damage or use of magic, and once the armor breaks to a point the Esper dies, it is impossible to restore its previous magic. A corpse is still a corpse.

Racial Afflictions
Racial Afflictions are incredibly rare. While certain afflictions may only pertain to some races, each race has the possibility of getting afflicted with a new status, whether willing or not. Some of these afflictions are considered blessings, while others are considered curses. Each one, however, comes with it's own alterations on the individual suffering from them, and upon being afflicted with one it is impossible to cure it, also blocking out the possibility of gaining another affliction.
  • The Lycanthropes of Khueria are of the more common afflictions one can suffer, though still considerably rare. Lycanthropy is often willfully obtained as it is considered a boon to ones physical prowess, enhancing their speed, strength, and agility. While most are portrayed as werewolves, a Lycanthrope can take on a multitude of forms such as that of a Bear, lion, or even a great eagle.

With the proper training and practice, a Lycanthrope can tame the beast within them. For this reason it is considered taboo for one Lycanthrope to infect another without first preparing them for the journey ahead. Nobody can control their beast immediately and they must be trained for years before their transformations become willful, and even longer before they keep their own mind while in their transformation. Without this training, the Lycanthrope is no more than the beast they become.

However, should one become a fully trained and master Lycanthrope, their bestial traits are carried over into their forms even without transformations. A Lycanthrope with the beast form of a Bear might be able to carry their bestial strength into their basic form, or the wolf could smell out their target without needing to shift. Mastering the beast within oneself can yield results that bards might sing of for countless ages, resulting in the young Lycanthrope to be feared, but the elder Lycanthrope to be respected.
  • Those with Vampirism have always been shunned from most societies, most sane people dislike the idea of the bloodsucking monsters. That being said, becoming a vampire enhances ones magical abilities as well as granting a pseudo-immortality. The myths would have you believe a vampire can life forever so long as they just continue to feed. This rumor comes from the fact that drinking the blood of the living will indeed invigorate them, but it will not make them live forever. Their lifespans to become extended, living around four to five hundred years longer, but immortality is still far out of reach.

Vampires are sophisticated and very charismatic, allowing them to easily sneak their way into society, though only for as long as it takes for their true nature to inevitably be revealed. Some might consider this but a minor defect as there are societies that allow Vampires to live freely and openly, such as Mora Fane. A nation that legalizes assassinations happily donates to the vampires in exchange for their services.

One of the boons granted with vampirism is an ability to cast magic greater than most others. The physical body of a Vampire dies and becomes dependent on feeding off the living, but in exchange their spiritual body thrives. Many vampires have been able to lie about their affliction claiming to simply be a powerful wizard defying time. Though, the truth comes out eventually for everyone. This boon has made them hold a place in some societies. But in most societies, they are hunted, and in turn treat their hunters as their prey. A dangerous dance of life and death for both parties.
  • The Unioned have been named as such due to the union of their spirit with the nature around them. In order to become a Unioned, the spirits of the earth must choose to share a special and nearly unbreakable spiritual bond with you. This cannot happen unless an individual possesses a strong bond with the plants and animals in the world around it, harnessing the very power of nature to enhance their own abilities as well as the world around them gaining strength from the presence of the Unioned.

Upon accepted the binding ritual with the earth, a Unioned can commune with nature and speak to animals, proving to be a valuable ally in the wilderness. They can command the plants and animals at their will to do their bidding. This power, however, is not unlimited. Should they abuse their power, it can be ripped away from them. While a Unioned can still be bound to the earth, their powers can be revoked until they redeem whatever misdeed led to the stripping of their power.

As well as behaving in a way that breaks the code of conduct for a Unioned, they also risk severing their connection permanently if they become isolated from nature for too long. It is this that has caused many Unioned to live in solidarity within the wilderness, only interacting to others in such a time as they are found. This is not always the case, however, as some of the Unioned live on the outskirts of towns and cities acting as a guide or shaman of sorts. Though peaceful by reputation, it is important to know what it means to be a force of nature. A force that cannot be stopped.
  • Lichdom is extremely rare, mostly in part to its difficulty to pull of as well as failure resulting in death. Those who seek immortality are often drawn to the tales of lichdom, a dead body with a soul can never truly die. Those tales are, however, fiction, as a lich is something far more complicated than they first appear. For one, a Lich does not need a Phylactery to bind their soul to, there is no need of it. Magical scholars have concluded that doing so would result in the impossibility of returning the soul into the body at all. Instead, a Lich is one who completes a ritual that ties their soul to their body for a time longer than should be possible, but decays the body in the process.

The magic that keeps the soul tied to the body can never be renewed, meaning if an individual plans on becoming a lich, the effectiveness of the initial spell will directly effect how long they live as well as how powerful their lichdom will be. Strong connections are difficult to achieve while weaker connections are quite common among their kind. In an attempt to keep track of how effective their ritual was, liches have been categorized by their power. Someone with a weaker effect would be a Minor Lich, whereas a powerful connection is referred to as a Major Lich. Very few become written into history as a Lich Lord, as such a powerful Lich is the closest one can get to immortality.

Because the body of a Lich is dead they tend to lose their physical capabilities, but they also become much less limited in every other regard. While they no longer need food or drink, they also are capable of harnessing powerful magics beyond that of their previous living status. It does, however, take many years to learn to harness these magics, meaning a Minor Lich might never be able to achieve these magics before their soul severs from their body.

Player Limitation: Liches are powerful, as such if a player chooses to play as a lich it is suggested that they are limited to a Minor Lich.
  • Stories of heroes doing good deeds and radiating energies of light and purity are quite famous throughout Khueria. Most of these heroes are referred to as The Ascended, a gift that has very little understanding behind it. It would seem as though one can only become an ascended if they live according to a moral code that holds all people equal and acting for the better of society on a greater level. The Ascended are seen as blessed by a divine power, battling the forces of evil with their holy light.

Not all Ascended are equal, as it takes a lifetime of good deeds to become a truly heavenly figure, but it is also possible to become an Ascended at a very young age. The powers can be simple, ranging from minor healing energies to divine punishment. The only known way to further ones Ascended powers is to continuously do good and heroic deeds and act selflessly in the name of the greater good. History depicts many ascended as knights in shining armor, sometimes winged angelic beings, and as great healers.

The Ascended are held in high esteem as the appearance of one often means the coming of a new age, often being a golden age. They are rare, but they are always a good omen signaling the redemption of entire civilizations. To be an Ascended is to be sworn to your duty.
  • Those that undergo demonification are often seen as the antithesis for the Ascended. History has shown that most who go through this process commit great deeds often befitting a villain. While the trend holds some truth, the fact is far more neutral to it's own standing. In order to become a Demon one must forgo the safety of themselves and others in order to achieve their goals. It's the drive to fulfill ones desires above all else that leads to the eventual demonification. That being said, it's not as simple as being motivated. It takes far more than a strong will to achieve this affliction.

Those that become Demons are those driven to their goal at great costs. Often times these costs are the lives of others, many eliminating any who stand in their way. But in order to be truly demonized the individual must take joy in their sacrifice. Knowing they come closer and closer to their goals empowers them, fueling their mind and body until eventually their spirit twists and triggers a change within them.

Demons are feared and often bringers of great change, for better or more often for worse. A Demon appearing in history is very rare, but has always lead to a tall tale told by many and written throughout history. Those undergoing this transformation become proficient with destructive magics and a supernatural durability, easily becoming an unstoppable force. In some rare cases they even begin to undergo physical transformations, distorting their bodies into grotesque forms.

The World

World Map credit to Sheldonl from the Cartographers Guild.
Topographical map
world_by_saethos-dcajm3r.png

Link
Regional Map
regional_map_by_saethos-dcakosg.png

Link

Nations and Countries [Incomplete]
  • The largest and oldest nation in the world is none other than the massive and powerful Vardēśa. This nation seems to be equally populated with every race scattered about and as such has become a melting pot of cultures. While each race still holds to their traditional practices, they all seem to have adopted habits and beliefs from one another. Most notably, however, are the Elves and Humans. Usually the Elvish race is highly religious, but those born in Vardēśa are far less religious than those born in Cruevania. The opposite can be said for humans who aren't known for their religious beliefs but have also adopted some religious themes while living among other races.

It would be difficult to discuss Vardēśa without also mentioning their capital, Rothendust. Not only is Rothendust the largest city in the world, but it is also widely considered the capital of the world, and to many it is a holy land protected by a divine force. This city acts as the central trade hub due to it's spectacular location and access to waterways, making it easy for trade ships to dock any time of the year. Vardēśa is rich in resources due to its massive size and has far more exports than imports.

Vardēśa is a republican nation, as there are far too many people to hold a stable democracy. Different regions are split up to elect officials to represent each area and it is the duty of each representative to uphold the desires of the area in which they represent. Since the elections are held every 2 years and there's plenty of competition for said elections corruption is rare. That is not to say it doesn't happen, but it's kept to a minimum due to a non-political party always observing the legislative process and reporting back to the people everything that was heard. All citizens have access to see every part of legislature that is discussed.

As a military power, Vardēśa is represented by The Paladins of Var. Based in Rothendust, these military figures consist of more than just armor-clad knights as they accept all manner of soldiers. What separates The Paladins of Var from the rest of the world is their oath to serve more than just country. Though not a god, the legendary figure Var Atr whose spirit protects the city of Rothendust, this military force swears to serve his will. The representatives that control the legislature within Vardēśa do not have control over their military, instead they follow a moral code built by the legacy of Var Atr, a code that must never be broken under penalty of death.
  • No nation can claim to hold more churches than the famous Elven country of Cruevania. Their population consists of a vast majority being the Elves. Furthermore, there is no record or evidence of any mass movements of elves to this area, leading most to believe this to be the home of the Elves. For this reason it is widely considered the holy land of their religion, the place where it all began, touched and blessed by the gods. It's one of the only places in the world where churches have been built to not only their religion but also to individual gods, making their major cities covered in churches and religious symbols.

So many churches scattered about has turned Cruevania into an architectural marvel as the design of each church to each god evolved separately as their design evolved into their own interpretations of each god. Many who seek to become great architects come here to learn of how their great buildings are designed. It's also common to see others traveling to this heartland of religion on a pilgrimage, claiming to seek enlightenment through their trials.

With so many varying churches and such an importance on their religion it only seems natural that the acting government of Cruevania be that of a theocracy. Each god is represented by a priest and each priest is an elected official by the other priests of the same god. While those that lead the nation do have their peoples concerns in their hearts, if it comes down to aiding the people or doing what they might see as tribute to a god then their people will often be a secondary concern. While to some raised in a nation of different beliefs this may seem problematic, those who believe in their priests are not concerned by this way of thinking and would gladly sacrifice to those which they worship.

In terms of military power, Cruevania is not particularly powerful, but they are quite influential. Their military force comes in the form of Crusaders, knights sworn to a singular god whose job it is to enforce the will of their deity. Some Crusaders are often criticized for their efforts as it is within the will of some few gods to push their will onto others, the most notorious of which is the god of war, Droxheel. After the nation had received much criticism and many threats, it is now a law that no knightly order shall enforce judgement beyond national borders, which did displease many knightly orders who now itch for a chance to spread their will.
  • Despite sitting in a mountainous and northern area, Chatou is not nearly as cold as one might think. The warmth can mostly be attributed to the volcanic magma that pours down the stony mountains and resting beneath the feet of its civilians. No trees can grow here, their roots would dip into the boiling stone and burn. Most of the ground is made up of volcanic ash and stone, making it difficult to grow crops at all. Not many live here for a multitude of reasons, but the largest being the scarcity of settlements. At any given time the ground may cave beneath ones feet should they stray off the properly laid out paths deemed safe.

The cities that do dot themselves across the landscape fall into one of two categories. One being that of a hot spring resulting from the magma boiling naturally occurring pools of water. This has become one of the main sources of revenue for this nation as these springs have become prime locations for excellent Spas that will gladly cater to the weary, each with their own hotels.

The alternative locations are considerably more focused on export than tourism. Closer to the mountains are the forge cities. Weapons and armor crafted from Chatou are among the best in the world due to a combination of forging technique and smelting technology that utilizes their molten foundation. A weapon made in Chatou is more than a weapon, it is a status symbol that you can afford to pay for the best of the best.

The fires of Chatou have called for a rather strange government focused solely on their infrastructure. The land itself would swallow up their cities if they were careless. As such, the nation is ruled almost entirely by private companies that share an interest in advancing forging and building safer, better roads. As long as they need to import crops for the people to stay nourished they will need to keep their forges running. Despite the lack of any incidents in the last 300 or so years some still fear the day the inevitable happens and a major city plummets into the fiery maw of the planet. This, however, has not truly impacted their main tourist spas as those sit further south, still resting in ashy lands but sitting just on the edge of danger.
  • Nestled between the nation of forges and the country of magical study rests Dunmor, a nation struggling to keep up with the economic advantages of its neighbors. Their solution was one that would prove fruitful, advancing instead in technology. Tools carrying magical properties and contraptions functioning in ways more mysterious than magic itself. The steam engine in particular was a creation of Dunmor, and their ability to combine their technology with magic makes anything they create a strange device.

Among their more advanced technological developments, the people of Dunmor have a rather unique taste in music with a massive variety of sounds. This comes in part due to their experimenting with magical instruments to create unique sounds. Keeping true to the vision of artists, it is quite rare that any sound is rejected and most eventually find their creations being used so long as they make themselves available. While the main attraction of this country is its technology and intelligence, the music brings a fair bit of tourism, and as such Dunmor houses the heartland of music.

Unfortunate for most civilians, technology ruling over their economy has created a noticeable imbalance of power, so much so their government has even formed into an oligarchy. Not only are taxes heavy for those that make a hard living, but the ruling class often syphons money from the working class through loans, offering to pay for their citizens education with interest, which more often than not turns into a contract for a lifetime of work. This has made living conditions decline and the nation has been teetering on the verge of collapse, but as long as technology rules their economy then there is nothing that the people can seem to do to fight back.
  • The study of magic is a long going study that has played a major part in the advancements of the world. At the heart of these studies sits Leonsill, a nation whose sole export is arcane knowledge and magical items, some as simple as handy tools. Arcane knowledge is common enough here that there is a noticeable lack in lanterns as the streets and homes are lit almost exclusively from enchanted items throughout the nation.

Those that make Leonsill their home are usually the races more likely to study and wield magic. All races are welcome, but religion is rare and finding a church would be rather difficult. Despite this fact, many Elves, both religious and not, still come to study magic and develop their own uses for the mystical energy. It's location has also made it common to find Dragoons passing through to make trade with the Western world, but it is particularly rare to see any calling this land their home, as most have no interest in magic.

Leonsill has managed to create a nearly perfect democracy via their creation referred to as a "Democratic Nexus". Curious though it's specification of being democratic may be, there is no evidence to show anything but a democratic version was made. It works through the consensual sharing of knowledge and ideas through civilians who use an optional rune on their foreheads to convey these thoughts. The Nexus absorbs all of the information it's given and constantly updates its policies and sends messages to anyone who would go against the law. Those that do are branded with a secondary rune based on the severity of their crime, one only the law enforcement can see. This Nexus also has no control over the penile system, that is left up to the law enforcement to decide.

Compared to other great nations, Leonsills military is rather weak, hardly warranting them a direct threat. Despite this, in the past Leonsill has closed off trade of both goods and information in past wars and shared magical weapons with their allies, making them a desired ally. The nation has made itself desirable enough that allied forces will more often than not protect Leonsill if needed. Opinions and trade from the arcanely inclined nation have developed so far that it's not rare to find an emissary of Leonsill and its people stationed in each country it's currently allied with.
  • The desert that spans for miles upon miles makes up The Begix Territory. Most of the people that live here are the Dragoons as they thrive in the society they have created for themselves. Despite this land being commonly referred to as the homeland of Dragoons, all manner of other races live among them peacefully. Within its borders, Begix has absolutely no social class structure. If you are willing to pull your weight then you are an accepted and equal member of society regardless of race, birth, or capabilities.

Begix is the only society that has no real acting government. Most of their internal affairs are a result of tradition and judgement by their peers. This socialist nation has made it so anyone who can work has a say in their lifestyle. You are expected to contribute, however, and you will not be given a chance to thrive if you do not put in your due work. Those that live here put no value on any currency other than the fruits of ones labor.

Because there is no currency no individual has a formal occupation, forcing most efforts to be a community effort. This holds true even for their military prowess. While Begix has never needed a strong military force due to the desert having few resources worth gathering, they have also been a feared nation for some time. Dragoons have always been fierce battlers and with their population being so majorly Dragoon it becomes easy to see why another nation may avoid conflict. They'd have nothing to gain from the land and much to lose in an all out war.

Despite having no formal government, external affairs are something the nation addresses. With no valuable resources to speak of Begix finds itself at the mercy of other nations willing to trade with them. A lack of currency makes it difficult to motivate trade with nations that demand it. As such an unfortunate black market has been a constant problem, manifesting itself in the form of slave trade. Straying too far from the various communities scattered about can be dangerous if you're alone, the risk of being captured for this trade increases as the size of your party decreases. For this reason most travels are done by caravan since a larger group would be too risky to take advantage of.

Slaves are not all that comes out of Begix, as they do have their own trade. The sands are a resource the Dragoons have been able to forge into beautiful glass. The glass makers and blowers of Begix are considered some of the best artists to grace the land of Khueria, and often times it is these pieces of art that are used for trade with other nations. If glass is not being traded then often they can trade away their salts that are mined from underneath the sand. The reason Begix is so rich in salt is contributed to the fact that the land Begix rests on was formerly part of the ocean floor. This is also why there are many dried up coral and bones from sea creatures scattered throughout the area.

What makes The Begix Territory most notorious is beyond their slave trade and glass blowing. They are the worlds leading producer of black powder and other black powder technologies. Begix is credited with the invention of the single shot pistol, rifle, and cannon. While many do not utilize these weapons their effectiveness is not overlooked. Their trade system benefits greatly from their ability to create black powder by the barrels and exchange it for the goods their people need.
  • Despite the territory of Valhalla spreading across the entire frozen north there isn't much to see. The land is frozen over in a permanent layer of ice and snow, the only trees to speak of are the evergreens and the animals that dwell in the territory are ferocious and deadly. In the western parts there sits a single city-state of Valhalla. Technically speaking this city spans from one edge of the territory to the other, but the city itself is where more than 90% of the population lives. Of all the races to live here it comes as no surprise that this is where the Berserkers are from, as only a race as durable as they could thrive in such a frozen wasteland.

Valhalla is ruled by a queen and a council of tribal representatives. Berserkers put a large importance on their tribal history and so keep their tribal names and pass legislature based on their various traditions. Historically, the tribes were always at war with one another until they were united by the first Queen of Valhalla, Herleva Asler. This human woman is held in very high respects as the founder of Valhalla and uniter of the Berserker tribes, to speak ill of her is sacrilegious. Valhalla also has the most unforgiving penile system in the form of exile, which in any other location would be perfectly manageable. In these parts, however, the frozen north is hard to survive in. Despite the Berserker unity, there remain few tribes scattered along the land. Ones that did not wish to submit themselves to the human conqueror. Though these tribes are not represented in Valhalla legislature, they are respected and very rarely disturbed. Likewise, they also tend to keep to themselves and eachother as acting against Valhalla would be a grave mistake.

In terms of social status, each tribe dictates the criteria for high and low status individuals. The only social status they share together is the royal house. While Valhalla does always have a queen, there is also occasionally a king. This king is not necessarily intimately involved with the Queen, but is instead a chosen or appointed right-hand man to the Queen. While the lady that rules over the land is a formidable warrior, traditionally the man ruling by her side is a master of warfare and has a higher understanding of how not only battles, but also wars are won and lost.

The process of selecting a Queen is a brutal one. With more significance on a powerful figurehead than most other nations, the women of Valhalla are given the opportunity to compete for the crown. The tribal council decides the criteria, but it has always been consistent that the women's mind, body, might, will, and spirit are tested in a competition against one another. The competition is only held with either a Queen dies or is deathly ill. The winner of this competitive challenge for the crown is referred to as the Shahzadi until they are officially crowned as the Queen.
  • While often treated as separate countries, Athal and Ethel are both under the same rule. Both are countries consisting primarily of Espers, but the atmospheres between the two are vastly different. Athal is not only where the capital is but also where most legislature gets done. Most Espers that thrive in Athal do so by trade, crafting almost anything from their steel. Ethel is the less peaceful counterpart. An Esper in Ethel is likely training for war and honing their battle prowess. It is often seen as a necessary part of the collective Esper race for them to have such an area. In the past, Athal and Ethel were one nation with no distinguishable differences, originally founded to act as a safe haven for their people to find peace. Despite this, Espers accepted that there were always going to be Espers that thrived in battle.

The main military force of Athal and Ethel is referred to as the Chorus of Wings. Espers are a mighty race as it is and the Chorus of Wings only takes the strongest, making the vast majority come from Ethel. Their military force is one to be both feared and respected, however the culture that fills Athal makes it rare to wish to invade the Espers. Most nations would rather see Athal thrive than fall since the main export comes in the form of arms. Anything made by an Esper craftsman is immaculate and highly valuable, and with their nation being centered around this idea they have been able to have an economic presence throughout their history.

Originally, Athal was founded by a large movement of Espers seeking an escape from the other races who often misunderstood what it meant to be an Esper. They were not avatars of war, but a living people seeking full lives. For this reason, Athal is a very peaceful land with Esper settlements scattered around within the bright green plains that rest on their peninsula.

Within Athal sits a structure that truly embodies what Espers are truly capable of creating. Their capital, Olhe Aethel, is more than just a castle crafted from steel and crystal, but the structure itself is a living Esper. It does not rule as king, it asks nothing of its people, and it welcomes foreigners. This capital is a symbol of strength, and the Esper that makes up the castles walls is its great defender.
  • Among all the countries of Khueria, Mora Fane has earned one of the more infamous titles as it was the first nation to legalize assassinations. Within its own borders, most assassinations are legal with some exceptions and regulations. Firstly, no individual may ask an assassination of anyone of a higher rank than themselves. In order for someone of higher status to be subject to an assassination there must be a backing of a satisfactory amount of lower class civilians, to which the quantity is to be judged by the leaders among the assassins. Secondly, all payments are to be made up front and will not be refunded upon failure. This is justified by the fact that most failed assassins are killed and the price of a life must still be paid. And finally, contracts taking place outside of national borders must be justifiable by both the client and the assassin. While these are the only legal rules, many assassin guilds follow their own moral code as well.

While legal assassinations put Mora Fane on the map, it is false to believe that is all they have to offer as a nation. While it is rather cold, the land does not get as cold as the territory of Valhalla, and they still can grow many crops as well as hunt the wilderness. Most notably, however, are their iron and coal mines in the side of the mountains. Many tunnels dug by the civilians run through the ore-rich stone structures, making it one of the worlds lead iron and coal exports. Not only is the ore high in quantity, but it is considerably easier to find ore of a high purity. Even still, though, mines are a dangerous work environment which simply adds to the negative stigma outsiders tend to get from the rumors around such a country.

Mora Fane is a federation, meaning there are many states within its borders that rule over their respective areas independently. The federation is also split up into tiers of power, making it also mix slightly with a sort of make-shift monarchy within each state. Each state monarch, referred to as a Samraat, must attend Weekly meetings with the other Samraat to discuss federal matters. This is not only meant to keep the peace within each state, but also handle any foreign affairs that need tending to.
  • The Quartz Kingdom might very well be the most appropriately named nation due to its capital city. A castle made almost purely of quartz rests within a canyon lined with precious gems and shimmering stones. Truly a sight to behold, this country is one of the wealthiest nations due to its sheer abundance of precious gems. This has made it a country in constant fear of invasion as those stones become a very powerful motivator for those who would seek to take this wealth by force. It's for this reason that the castle itself is not actually a structure, but rather a hollowed out section within the canyon itself that was mined out.

Within the castle walls, most of the most precious diamonds and jewels have been mined out, but the walls and floors that remain are still no less beautiful. Made from almost exclusively quartz and marble, the inside is vibrantly lit by magic spells that have the colorful light bouncing off various tine spikes of Citrine, Amethyst, Carnelian, rose quartz, and many other beautiful colors. Quartz itself makes a great conductor of magical energies which has caused many mages to settle in this massive canyon of riches.

While the ruling family has always been human, the overall population of the Quartz Kingdom has remained an almost completely even split of humans and elves with very few of the other races settling in this location. Humans were the ones who originally founded the nation but it's the elves that believe the canyon of such immaculate beauty to be the work of the gods, though nobody can ever seem to decide on which gods. Just outside of the castle, above its entrance, sits a great cathedral as proof of this belief shooting out of the wall, held on by various magical spells. This is made possible due to the conductive nature of quartz and the Elven understanding of magic. While this cathedral celebrates the Elven theology, many humans have integrated these practices into their own lives.

In their tradition, the king is elected by the lords of the country. Despite this, after election, the lords have no control until their king is to pass away. This along with its close proximity to Mora Fane has made public assassinations of the king a common thing for those that grow corrupt with their power. It would be ill advised to not have the peoples best interest in mind as they can always afford the price of another life with they plentiful valuables. Despite this reputation, corrupt kings are rare and many of the people would gladly lay down their lives for King and Country.

The acting military of the country are various circles of knights, those sworn to an oath of loyalty to both their crown and their gods. In this society anyone that proves their abilities in combat may be allowed to attempt joining a knighthood, but it isn't as simple as proving their prowess in battle. Their mind, body, and soul will all go through rigorous trials to see just how strong their resolve truly is before officially being inducted into knighthood.
  • TBA
  • North of the Kindred Sanctuaries and bordered off by a mountain lies the nation of Abristan, noticeably more dry than its southern neighbors. Due to the wind patters, it cannot be qualified as a desert, but rain is celebrated. The mountains provide the best sources of water as the melting snow caps provide rivers which empty into lakes.
  • Omitted until I get permission from their creator!
  • Omitted until I get permission from their creator!
  • Traversing the Eastern Sanctuary is no easy task as the ground sits beneath a murky layer of water filled with many critters one would rather not encounter. To most races these critters are harmless, but their presence in tandem with the swampy forested area that covers this sanctuary makes travel rather difficult. Many plants that grow in these waters are poisonous and many animals that live in the trees carry venoms that can paralyze many unsuspecting victims. The Kindred clans that call this place home believe their lands to be the result of life energy that was corrupted by the outside threats of the world and the dangerous area is simply defending itself to those that would invade the forests.

While Kindred do call this place home, they do not settle in the dirty and infested waters. Instead, their architecture sits them above the water with wooden bridges traveling along the trees and between houses to keep from stepping directly into the waters. Raising themselves above the ground also minimizes the risk of inhaling toxic spores. Though the toxic spores aren't always something one might encounter, it is significantly more calming to know there is no risk at all in the treetops.

The Kindred here mostly farm the fruit from the trees in which they live, as it has not been touched by the toxic environment and is readily available for harvest most of the year. This harvestable fruit is mostly attributed to their protection from the Algalwillow, one of the great tree spirits that lives among their woods. The Algalwillow is the second oldest tree spirit and can be recognized by its drooping appearance and various fungi growing along its branches. Though few Kindred have ever seen it, there are still those alive that have witnessed its might. Once every month the Kindred host a tribute to their woodland friend and harvest the seeds from all of the fruit they have eaten and scatter it throughout the land. The seeds that do not grow into more great trees become food for the animals.

The Eastern Sanctuary governs itself with 4 representatives. An election is held every 3 years to decide who should represent their people when they discuss their affairs with the other Sanctuaries. Only 3 are elected by the people, the remaining one is chosen by the Algalwillow to speak for him. The 3 that have been chosen by the people do not hold any power over those that live within the Eastern Sanctuary. Instead, it is the speaker of the Algalwillow that dictates their way of life. The role itself has become a figure of more honor than legislature as it is very rarely that the Algalwillow asks for the Kindred to change their ways.
  • Most outsiders think of the complete opposite of the Western Sanctuary when imagining anything worth of being called a Sanctuary. Just like the other 2 lands of similar title, this Western Sanctuary has a forest rich with life and resources, but unlike the others, this one does not seem so lively. The ground appears to be made of ash and the trees themselves look as though they've been charred and scorched with flame. The sun struggles to shine through the eternal smokey fog that drifts between the trees, but when it does it glows an eerie red with tinges of orange occasionally shimmering through. Many trees have fallen and burned themselves up.

Despite its appearance, the Western Sanctuary does not have a problem with forest fires. The trees and other plants that grow here are often called "Blazing Plants" due to their own nature. The Kindred have been able to detect that this area of the 3 sanctuaries is where the energy from the other 2 goes to recycle itself. Within the 3 sanctuaries there is a circular flow of energy, as without the flow there could be no sacred forests at all. The result of this purification process flows down into the southern sanctuary and fuels their brilliant life while the Eastern Sanctuary fills this land with energy to be purified. It is the purification process that spawns trees that grow flames instead of leaves, and when the trees life has fulfilled its purpose, the tree falls and burns up to release the now pure life energy.

It is believed by these Kindred that they must pay tribute to their ancient tree spirit, the eldest of the tree spirits, the Scorchedalder. Their form of tribute comes in the practice of the annually burning of all fallen trees. Nature often needs a little help and sometimes a fallen tree will not burn up to release its energy, and while the Scorchedalder is very much capable of compensating for this, the Kindred have taken it upon themselves to aid in this never ending struggle to release energies. Throughout the year any fallen trees are collected and stored for the great burning, often making the sheer size of the fire a sight to behold.

Politically speaking the Western Sanctuary is mostly a class bases system. The largest 3 clans choose their representative who acts as a lord and lawmaker. The smaller clans do not go unheard, however, as they elect another individual who is tasked with representing the larger population. This Kindred council of 4 is sworn to an oat directly to the Scorchedalder to uphold the peace within their nation, which includes the Eastern and Southern sanctuaries as well. The blessing these Kindred get from the land makes them often seen as the main military force of the 3 Sanctuaries despite the symbol of peace that the very same sanctuaries have come to represent.
  • Usually when the Kindred Sanctuaries are being discussed the scenery described is that of a lush green forest filled with all manner of life. The Southern Sanctuary is the only one of the three to truly hold this scenery. Life in these parts is full of awe for those that would gaze upon natures creations. Not only do the plants grow large, but the wildlife has evolved to house bio-luminescent plants and creatures lighting up the otherwise tree-shrouded landscape. The Kindred that call this place home often credit the beautiful lands here to the flow of magic energy through the area, one believed to house a large quantity of life energy.

Thankfully, the forests and wildlife help to protect the land as such an area is quite difficult to traverse with large groups, making an invading army hard pressed to find a stable route to take while marching to battle. Many Kindred give thanks to these lands for their bountiful food and protection through festivals, during which the many clans get together and enjoy the monthly festivities. Depending on the season, these festivities can include feasts, music, and dancing. Often times the clans hold weddings during the festivals to show the Kindred bond to both their land and to eachother, making this territory one of the highest in morale.

The Kindred in these parts pay tribute to the guardian of their forest, Kindhusk. One of three great tree spirits, Kindhusk is one of three sentient trees who protects the forests and its creatures. This ancient tree spirit is the youngest of them all and welcomed the Kindred into its heartland as children of its own. The only request it bestowed upon the Kindred clans that made it this far south was that they are not to harm the trees. They may use its wood to build houses, but should they cut down even a single tree needlessly, they will feel the wrath of the Kindhusk.

The governing body in the Southern Sanctuary consists of 1 figurehead and 3 followers. The 3 chosen to follow their main leader are chosen by the eldest in the Kindred clans, though it's less of a vote and more of a discussion. As fir their primary leader, this is a Kindred handpicked by the Kindhusk to enforce the will of the forest. The Kindred that live here also share legislature with the Eastern and Western sanctuaries, making their overall governing body 3 leaders and 9 followers, each with beliefs and priorities of their own. For the Southern Sanctuary, their primary concern is the preservation of not only their forests, but all forests.
  • In the center of the world sits a set if islands that no nation would be so bold as to claim as their own. Not only are the waterways pivotal to trade between nations, but the islands themselves hold their own risk if one is brave enough to travel inland. Dark magic used to run through the islands before many nations got together to purify each island, though their work was never truly finished. It was a risk made to turn the world into a safer place, and it had paid off at the cost of their lives.

In the interest of slaying any horrible abominations that roam the unsettled plots of land, each major nation had gotten together to discuss the possibility of a shared facility. Initially this was to be a shared military built to combat nature, but the idea quickly molded itself into a school instead. Nova University, founded to train students from a young age to fight against any foe, be it criminals, beasts, or even the Eldritch. Those that would teach these students would be forces to be feared on their own, making those learning here equally as fearsome.

The school and its teachers also act as the government as a direct result of the majority of civilians being students. Housing is built to keep students close to the teachers and the castle that acts as the school. Not only are the islands themselves still dangerous despite the successful elimination of the source of their corruption, but the land itself seems to defy everything known about the physical world. Gravity is distorted, water flows incorrectly, and walking straight will put you in circles. The castle is built a safe distance from these treacherous areas and only the highest of graded students are taken in to test their abilities. It's the perfect proving grounds for any who would test their might and wit.

Major Cities and Towns
  • The capital city of Mora Fane, Muterest. It's rather cold, but has a brief warm summer due to ocean currents bringing in warm water from the southern gulf. The city rests at the southwestern tip of the country, also acting as a trade port for their neighboring countries. In all of Mora Fane, Muterest has the highest quality foods, almost entirely contributed to the trade that happens at the bustling docks. This is a city that never seems to sleep, lights always shimmering across the roads of the iron structures. Most buildings are built of stone and steel, often foregoing aesthetic in favor of structural integrity.

Being the capital city, their infamous Assassins Guild headquarters can be found in the center of the city. The guild hall is a great structure easily detectable by any within the city limits, as it stands as more than just a place for the skilled killers to work, but a display of their power as well. Surrounding the Assassins Guild is the commercial district, most of which having connections to the guild, offering services to them on a contract, keeping money coming in for the local tradesmen. This has also created a special interest for the assassins guild to protect the local trade. Many members of the guard that keep the city safe are also proud members of the assassins guild.

The people in the city are happy to be where they are, most of which support their state leader fully. Despite the name given to her, The Rotting Queen is a loving and cherished leader, acting as both the representative of their state but also the leader of the Assassins Guild. She is a powerful Lich Lord, a rare and grotesque sight. It's rare she leaves her guild halls, and when she does she is under complete cover, protecting the eyes of the innocent from her decaying appearance.

Magic in Khueria

Every individual in Khueria is capable of magic. Some may be predisposed to arcane gifts through their genetics, but everyone is equally capable through enough training. Training is the key word here, as nobody is born magically powerful. Within a living being there are two bodies, the visible physical body with which we interact with, and the ethereal spiritual body that we call our soul. Magic comes from the latter, meaning in order to become a powerful magic use you need to dedicate years of training to your soul instead of your body. A warrior may have a sharp enough mind to cast a spell or two, but in order to become a master of the arcane arts you must be willing to make sacrifices.

The spiritual body behaves in a very similar fashion to our physical bodies. By putting it under stress it can grow and become stronger, just as our muscles do when training for strength. Knowledge and study is important as a keen mind is required to control a spell, but the ability to cast a spell is something that can only be achieved by a soul strong enough to handle it. Pushing your soul too far too quickly can have catastrophic results on your physical body. Attempting to cast a spell that your spiritual body cannot handle would usually outright fail and do nothing, but on the off chance it does work, it could damage your ethereal form, sometimes causing permanent damage to your magical abilities.

Even with a spiritual body strong enough to cast powerful spells, it would do little good if you couldn't control your magic. Once a spell is cast it is released into the physical world while still being connected to your spirit. If you do not have a clear head to cast the spell properly, it could backfire in very dangerous ways. Those wishing to become powerful spellcasters must understand that their time must be dedicated to training their spirits and their minds to maintain control of any spells they may be casting. Becoming a mage is a full time job.

There are considered to be 3 schools of magic, but only two of which are a craft one can practice. Invocation magic and Augmentation magic are the two forms of magic that can be studied and practiced by all. When discussing the study of magic it is the understanding of these two schools of magic that is being questioned. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Invocation magic is the magic considered to be more scholarly. It takes a lifetime of study, practice, and training to perfect this form of magic. This school of magic is theorized to have no limits to how powerful it could be, but it's also accepted that not everyone can succeed in reaching the level of the famous wizards of legend. In order to invoke a spell a caster must be able to speak and move their hands freely while focusing on the spell they wish to cast. Incantations are a formula for control and their hand movements are what cause the spell to come forth. Both are equally required for the spell to be a success. While the famous battle style of spellsword comes from using one hand to complete the spell with their chanting, the most powerful spells can only be cast with both hands and uninterrupted focus.

Augmentation magic is far simpler. It does not demand nearly as much from the caster as it's invoking counterpart. Being simpler is not always better, though, as this form of magic is considerably weaker when looking at its potential. Augmentation magic requires only a verbal incantation. Once the spell is cast, it takes effect. Traditionally this form of magic is cast on objects, often to do simple things like having a stone light up on an activation word. That being said, this form of magic is also sometimes called the warriors magic. Spells from the school of augmentation can be cast on weapons, armor, and sometimes even the casters own body. Dragoons are inherently born with permanent augmentation magic in their spiritual bodies, similar effects can be replicated by a skilled enough caster. The spells in this case do require the casters body to be able to hand both the spiritual strain and the physical strain, meaning only the well trained can effectively augment their own bodies.

Esper magic is the only magic that cannot be studied in the same fashion. Critically speaking, Esper magic is no more than a hyper advanced form of augmentation magic, but its advancement is so vast it is considered it's own school of magic. When an Esper uses magic, they channel their spiritual body into any part of their body that can handle the strain and fire it from that point. Once the spell is cast they have no control over it. They have no physical body of their own to connect with their spells, sometimes creating chaos in the wake of their magics. Often when using Esper armor and Esper weapons those with physical and spiritual bodies too overwhelmed by the magic cannot handle the strain, possibly resulting in death. With nobody knowing exactly where Espers came from, they are considered a true marvel of magical engineering. After all, only an Esper can create another Esper.

Historical Figures

To see a life end is no more a tragedy than watching a new one begin. Fate bests us all in the end.
The Rotting Queen; Tara Crane​
Basic Information

Alive
Female
Kindred Lich
Accomplishments

Tara Crane is the infamous leader of Mora Fane's own assassins guild. She also acts as the Samraat for her designated area. She is also seen as a powerful woman as she is one of the few Lich Lords to ever walk among the living. The ritual that afflicted her with her powers has aided her more than she could have ever imagined in her rise to power as the Assassins Guild leader. Certain parts of her history are shrouded in secrets and controversy, though her power and position with such a reputation causes people to keep silent.

The world will rest underneath my boot.
Roth Markov; The Tyrant​
Basic Information

Deceased
Male
Elf
Accomplishments

Roth was a terrifying tyrant. He was the founder of the great city Rothendust, a city that would become the largest and greatest city throughout history. His rule was unfortunately under less than peaceful pretenses, however, as he ruled with an iron fist. The Elven lord offered his people protection in exchange for their loyalty, using almost exclusively fear tactics. It was his incredible magical capabilities as well as his access to a powerful set of Esper weapons and armor that allowed him to be an unstoppable force. Eventually a group of rebels were able to tear down his rule with the help of magic diamonds given to them, a fact that is blurred by history. Var Atr was the leader of this group of rebels, who was able to later take his place as king.

Nitch Kou; The Forge​
Basic Information

Alive
No Gender
Esper
Accomplishments

Nitch Kou is very well known throughout the world. A unique Esper, Nitch Kou possesses two bodies with a single soul, a true boon to have the same mind operating 2 bodies as a craftsman. This Esper is credited with creating some of the most powerful weapons and armor throughout history. There exists legendary weapons known as The Wargod's Arms, each one crafted by Nitch Kou. While the Esper still lives, nobody is certain of where it lives or what it's been doing, but many have sought it out in an attempt to obtain an item forged by the legendary craftsman. Those that have wielded an item crafted by this legendary Esper more often than not have their name permanently etched into history.

To live life on your knees is a fate worse than death. Stand and fight for what you believe in!
Herleva Asler; The Valkyrie Queen​
Basic Information

Deceased
Female
Human
Accomplishments

Herleva was a terrifying sight to behold. She had her start as a monster hunter in Rothendust under the great tyrant Roth's rule, but upon his fall Herleva left, bringing a powerful diamond with her. The purpose of her departure was to take her power where it was needed as Rothendust was well defended. Eventually her travels led her to the northern harshlands where Berserker tribes were at constant war with nature, monsters, and eachother. At first, the Berserkers treated her as a stranger, but once she proved her strength rivaled their own each tribe she came across respected her. With time, she challenged each tribes strongest member under the condition that should she win, they follow her rule, and should she lose she becomes a member of that tribe. She won every single duel. With every Berserker tribe under her command she formed the great nation of Valhalla and created a legacy none could match.

The worlds true enemy is the inaction of good men against those that would do wrong.
Sidhe Alvoci Khordre; The Sentinel​
Basic Information

Deceased
Male
Kindred
Accomplishments

Sidhe was a very accomplished knight for the Quartz Kingdom. Breaking the stereotype of the Kindred being weak, Sidhe was the top rank he could achieve, making a name for his clan in the kingdom and earning nobility through blood and steel. His title made him a local legend, but it was a journey to guide the kings daughter to another nation carrying a precious and magical diamond that would solidify his place in history. The journey did not go as planned, the caravan was attacked leaving only himself and the princess alive. Sidhe was able to safely escort her to their destination no matter the peril they were in. Upon their arrival, however, it was revealed that everything was orchestrated by the nation they were destined for. They were ambushed in an attempt to steal the diamond carried by the princess. Sidhe refused to fall, burning the remainder of his own life force to battle off every single attacker. Though he emerged victorious, the cost was great as he collapsed at the end of the battle. Though uninjured, he burned his entire life to defend his princess. Sidhe now has a statue erected within the Quartz Kingdom and represents the symbol of true loyalty and sacrifice.

People need a safe place. I will provide sanctuary and uphold the peace, no matter the cost.
Vat Atr; The Guardian of Rothendust​
Basic Information

Alive
No Gender
Esper
Accomplishments

Var Atr is a legend in Rothendust, though part of his legacy remains unaccredited. The legendary Esper played a large factor in the rebellion against Roth Markov, which earned its fame in its own right. During the rebellion this Esper was not only one of the organizers of the rebellion but he also continued to act as a major leader until he was able to aid in the slaying of the tyrant. When the dust of war settled Var acted as the organizer for the new government that would make up the nation of Vardesa, named after his honor. It was made possible to do so by a legendary diamond, still held within this armor today, keeping the Esper alive. Var also goes unaccredited with the task of being The Guardian of Rothendust. This armor sits underneath the city filling the borders with divine energy channeled through the legendary diamond that weakens those that would threaten the people of the great city and empowering those that would defend them. It's even rumored that Var is capable of manifesting all of his power on a single individual, materializing the armor on the individual and creating a champion worthy of fighting any foe.

A true leader takes their people to their dreams, not through war.
Volan Regal; Captain of the Daydream Raiders​
Basic Information

Deceased
Male
Human
Accomplishments

Men and woman of the sea often hear tell of the greatest pirate captain ever to set sail on the oceans. Volan Regal was the captain of the Daydream Raiders and is mostly known for his ability to not only lead the most fearsome pirate crew ever seen but also to succesfully traverse the Eye of the Eldritch, a location in the middle of the ocean feared by all. His crew was the only crew to make it out of the mysterious island, and while only the crew knows what happened inside the horrific location, the world knows that Volan Regal and his crew emerged with a wondrous magical diamond in hand. Volan used the power of this diamond to fulfill the wishes of his entire crew at the cost of his life, parting the powerful item with his first mate. While there is no information on who his first mate is, most speculate this person is still alive and hunt for what has been titled The Regal Gem in honor of his fame.

The world needed a guardian, but instead, they built me.
Viz Axi​
Basic Information

Alive
No Gender
Esper
Accomplishments

WHAT DID THEY DO

Code:
[div=border-radius: 2px; margin: 10px; padding: 15px; border: 3px #000 solid; background-image: url(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/ed73de0b-a699-4b56-b3af-79b9781e8ab4/d5hb4ji-0752cfb0-a46a-40d7-aea7-15b6a29b3552.jpg/v1/fill/w_1024,h_1473,q_75,strp/old_paper_00078_by_trug_bild-d5hb4ji.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9lZDczZGUwYi1hNjk5LTRiNTYtYjNhZi03OWI5NzgxZThhYjQvZDVoYjRqaS0wNzUyY2ZiMC1hNDZhLTQwZDctYWVhNy0xNWI2YTI5YjM1NTIuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQiLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTE0NzMifV1dfQ.JxGY5DIlcDuQPSCUZR7iG8jJ4SqS8jQHZBVzAQHZmas); background-attachment: local; max-height: 850px; overflow-y: scroll; max-width: 700px !important; color: black; font-family: amaranth;][div=width: 250px; height: 250px; border-radius: 50%; padding: 5px; border: solid 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.7); background-image: url(CHARACTER PORTRAIT); background-position: -10px -15px; background-size: 115%; float: left; ][/div][div=background-color: transparent; margin-left: 100px; margin-top: 40px; height: 250px; border: 5px; color: black; font-size: 30px; font-family: satisfy; text-align: right;]CHARACTER QUOTE[/DIV][div=margin-top: -40px; padding: 5px; max-width: 800px !important; font-size: 35px; text-align: left; color: black; font-family: satisfy;][indent]NAME NAME; TITLE[/indent][/div]
[div=text-align: right; margin-right: 100px; font-size: 20px;]Basic Information[/div][div=Background: linear-gradient(to right ,transparent ,black); width: 100%; height: 5px;][/div][indent]
Subsistence
[/indent][div=text-align: right; margin-right: 100px; font-size: 20px;]Accomplishments[/div][div=Background: linear-gradient(to right ,transparent ,black); width: 100%; height: 5px;][/div][indent]
WHAT DID THEY DO
[/indent]
[/div]

Last edited:
Reactions: Hrimfaxi