Status
Not open for further replies.
< @DangoYumi ( @Viral ) >

Marcus Hart (& Inu)

Marcus looked up at the girl again, his hand still resting on Inu as the pup soaked up the attention. He couldn't help by blush a bit more at how she was acting, though he really did appreciate how kind she was being - and Inu seemed to like her too. He nodded at her words to keep her smile a secret, though before he could say anything else two of the other boys spoke. He was still nervous and it showed on his face, especially as he thought he felt their eyes on him, judging him. He gulped and looked slightly up at Laevnza before speaking.

"H-he said.. he'd explained this a lot today.." he said quietly, possibly so only Lavenza could hear. He wasn't ever one to just talk to new people, and even now he was quite a lot out of his comfort zone. "And he told me.. his name was Abel, though he hadn't been called that or used it in a very long time." he then looked away from Lavenza, sitting cross-legged and rubbing Inu now, already wondering why he would have been picked - he really wasn't all that good at anything.

Lavender (Lavenza) Scarlet

Lavenza's smile slowly died down, and she give Inu one last pet before she stood up, stretching a bit as she looked around once again. "Marcus said his name was Abel." she began speaking, referring to what she had just heard from Marcus. Her eyes were wandering around the area and she noticed soon enough that there were traces of someone being the owner of this place. "And I believe we're chosen to help him with something." she continued, walking over to one of the cabinets and looking at the weapons. "He told me earlier that he needed our help, but I am not entirely sure with what. I assume we all found our keys somewhere and they led us here?" she asked to confirm, looking around with a cool look on her face. She was beginning to pick up that her 'adventure' had something to do with weapons, fighting, and most importantly time.

"We're probably stuck in a loop, and Abel knows what's going on." she explained, trying to give some insight on the current situation. "All we can do now is wait for him to come back and explain all of this to us." she sighed, her brain fried from all the thinking that she had to do. She was quite the smart child, but she wasn't the type to process and think things through. She'd often act head first without thinking and lead to a lot of trouble. Thankfully there wasn't much to act on right now except for waiting and getting to know the people here. "I'm Lavenza by the way. Nice to meet you all." she introduced herself plainly, looking around and observing the others that were there with her.

Lorenzo Montenegro
Weapon: Shrouds of Shadow | Nature Poppers

Lorenzo hesitated, shifting his shoulders uncomfortably before following Death back to the clubhouse. It was a long walk to the first tee, giving him time to gather all the information that was shared and his required involvement. He couldn't believe he was following this creature, putting his trust and faith into a monster that spoke of haunting events that were bound to happen. The first thought of this being all a dreams still circled his mind. If it was a dream, Lorenzo didn't see himself waking up anytime soon until he reached the end.

Ignoring the couple who seemed to be frozen in place, Lorenzo ripped of his required cap that was part of his uniform and threw it in the trash as the two approached the clubhouse. There was no point in keeping any memories of working at the golf course he was starting to hate so much. Lorenzo hoped that wherever he was going to go that there would be a change of clothes. Saving the world in a caddy's outfit looking like an abused butler wasn't something he wanted to do.

He listened to the last of his footsteps stomping up the stairs to the clubhouse, eyeing a new door that replace the one that led into the lobby of the clubhouse. Standing in front of it, he grabbed the key from his pocket, staring in deep concern at it, feeling the cool metal over his fingertips as he quickly glanced at the man beside. With a down, nearly depressed face, Lorenzo inserted the key into the lock and repeated the words he was told.

"Parthenon Sub," he said awkwardly, turning the key in unison.

The door opened with a simple push of his hand, invisible hands seemingly wrapping themselves around Lorenzo to bring him in before he could change his mind. Forcing himself to walk forward, he could see the silhouettes of others just ahead of him. They all must have been summoned the same way as he was, born to embark on this journey.

Reactions: Quiet One
The stranger came in after Lorenzo, closing the door behind him. He could tell things had been awkward between them all, and guessed few had said anything to one another. He sighed and began. "I promised you all explanations. It's high-time I deliver.

"My name is Abel, and I am the Grim Reaper. No - none of you are dead or about to die. At least, not if I can help it," he told them. "I was the first human to ever die. It was decided I would stick around and ferry those that died from the World of the Living to the Afterlife. Before you ask, I don't know what it's like. I take people to the Gates, no further.

"You are here because the previous owners of those keys are now dead, and there's no one to keep the Forces in check," he continued. "The Forces are beings that embody the basic laws of nature. Order, Chaos, Purity, Progress, Light, Dark and Time. They are always fighting for dominance in the universe, and the Locks - humans chosen to bear those keys - have always kept one Force from overpowering the others. Until now. They're all dead. Murdered. That's why the universe is currently stuck in a time-loop. Order and Time set the day on a repeating cycle to prevent any damage from being done to the laws of nature.

"You are the only people Order will listen to and restart time for," Abel concluded. "Because the keys chose you. You are the last Locks."

Lavenza turned around at the sound of more footsteps, and watched as another boy stumbled his way into the room they were in. It had seemed that he was also chosen, and she watched him try his best to walk forward with his actions stiff and robotic. She was just about to ask the boy what his name was but immediately stopped at Abel walking in right behind him. She could sense his seriousness and she knew that something was about to go down, judging by the time loop and everyone being summoned to this place.

Hearing him introduce himself as the Grim Reaper sent a small chill down her spine, even though he said that he would try to help them and not let them die. It once again reminded her of how crucial this was, being summoned and finding the keys. She continued to listen to Abel, walking closer to be able to hear him clearly. She had been silent until Abel spoke about the keys choosing them, and she reached out to feel the key that was now her necklace. She couldn't believe that she was chosen, not able to understand why she had been since she felt she wasn't that special. Looking over to the others, she waited for someone else to respond, as thoughts flooded her head.

Silas Mureau
Silas shrunk further into the confines of the shadowy corner he'd chosen for himself as he observed everyone else and listened intently to what 'Abel' had to say. There was a certain tension that wafted through the air that accompanied the grim message and explanation that had been offered to the group. It wasn't a lack of surprise or an act to try to remain cool in front of the others, so much as that Silas wasn't concerned with what Abel had told them, not nearly as much as he was with what Abel hadn't told them yet. Silas slowly and begrudgingly peeled himself from the corner and paced towards the group, exhaling deeply as he pondered the correct way to word his thoughts.
"You mentioned previous locks...and cosmic entities that I doubt any of us could possibly conceive the scope of, being murdered..." The way in which Silas posed the words were not so much a question as a statement that he hoped if he verbalized rather than internalized would make more sense. Furrowing his brow, Silas narrowed his gaze on Abel and then cast it around the room at his new companions. "Someone...or something that was capable of murdering our predecessors, who must have been far more qualified and experienced than us...and these 'Forces' you've mentioned, how exactly are we going to stop this?"
His new associates could frown upon his boldness or find distaste in his apathy, but he was concerned with pertinent information and now was not the time for timidity. He was certain they'd all want to play hero and save the world, universe or whatever else given that they had been mystically chosen by fate. Silas wasn't even opposed to being a part of such a team, but he refused to wear rose-tinted glasses and lose sight of the facts. "I'm buying what you're selling Abel. I just didn't leave my previous life behind to die because I didn't ask the right questions." Silas knew his personality was grating on certain people, but if they weren't going to ask, he would.
Silas instinctively allowed his right hand to delve into his pants pocket and traced his fingertips along the ridges of the key as he pondered his decision to speak up. He had no illusions that his personality often grated on others, pessimism and intelligence were an awful concoction.

Last edited by a moderator:
< @Quiet One >

Marcus Hart (& Inu)

At the reappearance of Abel, Inu had given a whimper. Not because the pup himself was scared, but because he could simply tell that Marcus was getting extremely anxious. Which he was indeed, his hand going into his dice bag and grabbing a few to roll around in his hand, the familiar motion and soft rattling sound helping to center him. Not that it helped that much, as he slid back to the wall and sat down with his back towards it. He looked between Abel and one of the others, who he didn't think had ever given out his name. He wasn't the first, and the one before him had been killed. So what the other boy was saying was pretty true, but it wasn't something that Marcus thought he should really think about. Not unless he wanted to totally freak out in the moment. So instead he just stayed against the wall and listened, hoping, for once, that he would be ignored.

Everything about this situation was scary.

Mauro Jakobs

Mauro shot the boy who had spoken up an irritated glance, quick enough most would miss it. He wasn't truly irritated; while he didn't much like someone questioning someone else of such obvious high stature, it was unavoidable. Mainly he was irritated because he had been wondering the same thing.

"Got to agree with my bud over here, because I am, like, at least slightly attached to the whole 'being alive' thing, no offense," he said. "And I feel like it's healthy to be aware of any occupational hazards before we jump into anything. Can't help if we're dead, after all."

He really didn't want to poke wrong at ghost-man - Death, Abel, whichever - but he felt he would understand. I mean, if anyone would understand paranoia of dying, it was Death. Or maybe Life, if there was a Life, but that was besides the point. Either way, he was still probably going to go with whatever happened.

Abel turned to Silas, the first to speak out. He seemed to understand automatically the danger of what he was asking of them. And he was right; it was in essence a suicide mission. At least that's what everyone believed. But the Locks have had impossible tasks before. Mauro agreeing with him only spurred him on to reply.

"There is a high possibility of death, yes," Abel said. "I'm not going to lie, this is probably one of the most dangerous jobs you can have. But there's no one else to do it. There used to be fifty Locks for every generation, sometimes more, sometimes less. You are all that's left. Walking away isn't something I believe any of you can do with a clear conscience. I can't stop you from doing it, but you're all desperately needed now. Would any of you turn your back on that?"

He sighed and added, "Your enemies are mostly human. The other Locks have been picked off by Lockpicks. They're just like you, able to see the world for what it is. But they don't have keys. They're bitter about it. I won't lie, it's a strange thing for the Forces to do. I think it's Chaos' idea of a good time."

"Stopping this will be simple in theory, but difficult in practice," he continued, addressing the concern about what they had to do. "Order's in charge of the laws of nature. Without the Locks, the Forces can move to change those laws. He set up the repetition cycle as a preservation method for the universe to remain as-is. He'll undo it and get the days started, but to do so you'll have to prove yourselves as Locks. This will require some sort of challenge or quest. Everything here - is the Locks' Armory. These are weapons you can use to fight the Lockpicks, as well as Force monsters - let's hope you don't run into those. Choose wisely."

Lorenzo Montenegro
Weapon: Shrouds of Shadow | Nature Poppers

Lorenzo stood beside the man who he spent a good amount of time with, Abel. As Abel spoke to them all, all Lorenzo could do was stare at the ground with the most pitiful, defeated look on his pale face. The more Abel spoke, the more Lorenzo regretted choosing this. He asked a similar question, if meeting Abel was a sign that he was about to die. Abel answered no, but the more the man talked, the more Lorenzo realized Abel was stretching the truth. No, they will not die, but could die. The fact that this could be a suicide mission for them all reinforced Lorenzo's high suspicions and anxiety of the whole situation.

He kept back a response to Abel asking who would turn back after knowing how much responsibility was on them. Instead, he snorted as loud as he could and turned his body to face the door. He continued to listen to Abel answer that one guy's question, and sighed loudly. Lorenzo didn't need anymore explanations on what they are, who their enemies were, and the importance of their mission to bring the universe back to normal. All he wanted was to get this over with and not die in the process.

With Abel excusing them to get their weapons, Lorenzo waited for the others to pick what they wanted to wield. He was happy to take what was left behind. As the others went to choose, Lorenzo took the time to scout out each new person he was teamed with. They all seemed to be accepting of their fate, already making him to be the odd one out. The urge to run and just go back to his time loop on the golf course constantly bugged him. He weighed the pros and cons...well, all cons to see which one had the longer list. Staying with Abel and these Locks had the more cons, but against his better judgement he decided to hold out and see how far he could last without dying.

As the team finalized their decision on the weapons, he grabbed what was left. A cloak-like cape and some sort of capsules that looked similar to party poppers at a party. Shrugging, he draped the cloak over his arm and held onto the poppers before walking over to the nearest wall to sit. He was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

Silas Mureau
Silas pursed his lips and narrowed his gaze to the point of squinting with displeasure over one of his comrades apparently believing that he needed an echo. The same individual had offered him a very agitated look for a brief moment, it was the same look his classmates and family offered him, so he took it as a compliment. It was becoming glaringly apparent that this new associate believed himself to be Silas' intellectual equal and this would be settled another day. "Weapons you say? Does this qualify?"
Delving his right hand deep into the confines of his right pants pocket, Silas slowly withdrew a short chain with a pocket-watch attached to it. It possessed a rustic quality, something resembling a modernized pocket-watch but with a decidedly steampunk vibe and coloring. "I snagged it from that desk-drawer over there, thought it looked cool. According to you, the previous owner won't be needing it anymore." Silas allowed the pocket-watch to sway back and forth like a pendulum in front of Abel and the group, any of which were even paying him attention that is.
Silas now pinching the end of the chain between his right thumb and forefinger began to twirl it about, wrapping the chain around his fingers then spinning it in the opposite direction to unwind it, not unlike a child playing with a new toy. Slowly edging himself backwards, Silas would make his way over towards the nearest chair to plop down and relax as he stared around the room with a bored expression on his face.

Lavenza listened intently, a stern look on her face while her eyes scanned the room. She noticed that Marcus was fiddling with something in his hand. She could tell that the puppy was concerned about him, and she figured that he was nervous or afraid of the situation that was going on, for whatever reason. She decided not to question it, but instead walked towards him and stood beside him, reaching a hand to pet his back gently. She continued to pet his back while listening to Abel, and would look over at him once in a while to make sure he was doing alright.

As Abel explained about weapons, Lavenza looked around the room, trying to find one that sparked her interest. Her eyes soon landed on a handle. What interested her was that the handle had no blade whatsoever, and it seemed to be made of quite advanced technology. She didn't know how to use it and she had no idea how to fight with a sword, but she couldn't keep her eyes off that weapon once she noticed that it was there. Her eyes wandered around the room trying to find another weapon that would make her life easier, but her eyes kept going back to it.

After watching Silas picking his watch, she gave Marcus another pet on the back and a smile, before walking towards the cabinet that contained the sword handle. She reached her hand out, pausing right before she touched it. She asked herself if she really wanted to do this, and swallowed before nodding to herself, picking the sword handle from the cabinet. "I guess I'll just have to figure out how this works." she mumbled to herself, holding the sword handle and turning around to observe it.

"Just squeeze the handle," Abel advised Lavenza as she picked up the sword. "It's a light sword. A blade literally made of light. As for that watch..." He looked over at Silas and the watch he held up, walking over to it. He made to take it, but as always his fingers passed right through it. "Never lose sight of that. It's probably the most powerful thing in the room. Look at the face." When Silas did he'd see that the watch had two sets of hands - two second hands, two minute hands, and two hour hands. "It's called the Rewind Watch. It allows you to reverse time. Think of it like a redo button."

He eyed Lorenzo as he selected Pitch Shooters and a Shroud. Dark and brooding weapons for a dark and brooding personality. He wasn't too surprised. He looked at Marcus and Mauro next, the only two who haven't selected weapons yet. "You two have to choose something." The door to the armory lurched suddenly. "And you might want to hurry. The Lockpicks have keys, too. Silas, Lavender, help me block the door. The keys aren't meant for them, so they have to fight to use them. We have about three minutes." He looked at the old 30s Ford. "And I suggest we use the car."

• Love
Reactions: DangoYumi
< @Quiet One @DangoYumi >

"Thanks." Was all Marcus could bring himself to say as Lavenza came over and gave Inu a few pets on his back as well. When the door jarred he jumped in surprise and looked at it, dropping one of his dice. He sighed and shivered, grabbing the die and then standing up, pocketing all of his things. He took Inu and put the pup in a half-open pocket where he could rest in - right next to Marcus' shoulder.

"I have no idea what anything is..." he sighed to himself and walked over to the 'weapons'. He didn't even have time to look through his book anymore, so how he had to do it was how he gamed - by instinct. He grabbed a thermos and stuck it in the bottle-holder of his bag,convinced it wasn't a liquid holder. Next he grabbed a cloak and draped it over himself, finally picking up a three-pronged triangle candle-holder. He had no idea what these were or what they did - he was thinking of himself as in a game now. It was working, at least for now, to help him stay centered.

Mauro Jakobs

Mauro raised his hands guardedly. "Hey, just taking my time. Windowshopping. How about...." he pointed at a metallic gauntlet, smooth and shiny. Exactly Mauro's style. "What's this one do? And, I mean, I'd love to take the car, but I suck st driving, so, eh."

He took the gauntlet down from its small perch, sliding it onto his arm. Coincidentally and happily, it fit on fairly well. Mauro grinned and wiggled his fingers. "Oh, I like the feel of this one. Real sleek, and got the looks to go with me. I don't suppose there's any issue with me using this one?" Of course, Mauro had liked the sound of that watch the other kid had, but beggars can't be choosers. The gauntlet probably did something cool too.

@Quiet One @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf @Crowley

Lavenza was pleasantly surprised at the way to use the sword. "Squeeze the handle huh." she repeated the words, and was hesitating on which way the sword handle should face since she had no idea where the blade would appear. However she had no time to do so when she suddenly heard the noise at the door. "Oh god...." she gasped to herself, listening to Abel's words as she got into a defensive stance. She couldn't believe that the Lockpicks were already here, but she knew that if she didn't try to help right now they would be in big trouble.

She took a deep breath to steady herself, and squeezed the handle that was in her hand. Right when she did, the blade grew from both sides of it, becoming a dual edged sword. What fascinated her was what the blade was made of. It seemed to be made from light, and the light seemed to have the exact same shade as her name, Lavender. "How convenient." she mumbled to herself, and looked over at Silas and his watch. She had no idea how he behaved, and how he would fight, but she nodded to him anyway, signalling that she would back him up if needed. As the door rattled once more, she turned back to face it and held the handle in her hand, praying to herself that she wouldn't mess up and hurt herself or her teammates.

The door slammed forward again, this time audibly cracking. There was a gap between the wood and the frame now, and a medallion on a ribbon of red hot light shot through. Abel turned to Silas and pointed at his watch.

"Hit the button on the watch. Now!" He gave a sweeping gesture to the group. "Everyone to the car. Hurry!"

The metal latched onto the door and traveled up, around, and down to slice through the hinges. Then the door exploded. Or rather, broke into half a billion splinters. Ten people then walked through, each carrying some sort of artifact like the ones in the armory. Upon seeing Lavenza's drawn light sword, one of them produced a similar handle, but when he squeezed it a pitch black blade appeared.

"Gentlemen. Gentlemen!" From between them a man stepped through. He wore a grey suit, glasses and sported a cane. He clearly didn't need it, as he carried it around instead of leaning on it. It somehow was more threatening than the dark sword. He looked at the men he came in with and lowered his hand. They all slowly lowered their weapons. "Relax."

He turned to the kids. "Hello, children. Or - sorry. Children's a little harsh, isn't it?" He smiled. "Not that children are a bad thing. You learn your greatest lessons as a child. I still remember my harshest lesson."

Abel stepped forward, glaring at him. "Don't go looking for sympathy, Simon."

"How about understanding? Or is that one thing a Lock can't do?" Simon retorted. "Hello, Abel. How's business?"

"Busy. Thanks to you. You can't seriously tell me you're going to try and convince these kids you're not a murderer."

"No. I'm going to try and convince them I had a good reason, and that I don't want them to share the same fate. You know better than anyone that a Lock and a Lockpick can work together if they want to." He then disregarded Death and turned to the young Locks. "Yes. We murdered your predecessors. It's not something I'm proud of. In fact, over and over I think about how things could have gone differently. But they were too old. When you get to a certain age...you become set in your ways. Anything new...your mind resists it. And I want new. I want change. I want fair, and the world isn't fair. Just look at us - we were all born with the same gift. But for some reason, you're allowed to use it, and I and my associates are forbidden. Is that fair? Would we be standing here if we allowed to participate?"

Simon raised his cane and lightly tapped it against Lavender's sword. He began to slowly lower it, all the while a darkness enshrouding the blade until it broke and dissipated. He smiled snidely.

"Back in the 20s, I wanted to play in the World Series. It was my dream. Every day I practiced. I hit a ball against a brick wall - heh," he smirked to himself, "I even drew bases with forced perspective, so I could practice hitting singles, doubles, homers. Two or three hours of my day went to it, seven in the summer. But then I learned that the latest World Series...was fixed. Someone rigged the game. Well, after that I threw my bat and ball away. There's no fun playing a game you have no chance of winning, and less fun playing a game you're guaranteed to win.

"Imagine then, my reaction to all of this." He thrust his hands out, gesticulating to the entire armory. "And that only SOME get access to this. Well, a baseball game's one thing, but the whole world? Where's the justice? HOW is that fair?" He took some deep breaths to calm himself. "I'm going to make this simple. You're about to discover that the Forces are self-centered demigods. HE - " he pointed his cane at Abel " - is going to ask you to keep them in check. To stop them from running amok. I am asking you to put aside the horror I've performed, and look instead at the reason I've done it. I don't want to rein the Forces in, I want to overthrow them. I have a plan. It'll work. You can either help me - help US - or you can guess how this is going to play out." He reached into a pocket of his suit, pulled out a baseball, and tossed it to the group. Inu the pup jumped and caught it. "You're up to bat."

• Love
Reactions: DangoYumi
Mauro Jakobs

Mauro cursed, rather loudly too, when the door broke in, and he took cover behind one of the cabinets as best as he could. Then, as the other people walked in, he stood upright, almost forgetting to be scared. The weapons they held... Entrancing. Which one had broke the door open, he wondered? He flexed his left arm, feeling the comforting cold steel of the gauntlet. He had no idea how to use it, but he would do his best if he had to. For now, though, he settled for walking backwards slowly towards the car.

He had to admit, some of what the new man said - Simon, wasn't it? - was at least a little appealing. And considering how little Mauro knew about this new world he had entered, he didn't know who to trust.

He looked over at Death. Well, Death was necessary, wasn't it? Not really good or evil, but necessary. But imagine a world without death... No. That's impossible.

"How can we be sure we can trust you? What do we get out of this?" Mauro spoke up. He eyed the man, admittedly a little nervous. "What makes you think these people are worth fighting? Apparently Order can repeat days. Sounds pretty tough to me. I don't know your plan. Who knows if it would really work? Besides, why take out the Forces? Unless we get to become just as tough as them, I don't see why." Now, if he could get that powerful... No. That was an idea above his station. Better not to dream.

Silas Mureau
Silas had lagged in doing as commanded, underestimating the urgency in Abel's voice when told to assist with the door and his eyes widened at the result of his mistake. The door buckling in on itself and splintering to pieces, Silas cast his gaze down at the watch dangling from the end of the chain which was wrapped tightly around his hand, unwinding it hastily he placed the tip of his right thumb against the button that was atop the pocket-watch and compressed it. Hastily wrapping it around his fist again by the chain, he hid it in his right pants pocket right as the 'visitors' entered the room.
He possessed no clue what the significance of the button was, but Abel had previously indicated his weapon was potentially the most powerful, thus he took the former's word on the matter. Pacing backwards slowly as to not draw attention to himself and put distance between himself and the two groups, Silas silently made his way away from the immediate danger as he listened to the plea of sympathy from what he deduced to be a lunatic. 'Ultimate power...a fair world...his parents not dead because of a drunk driver, not being raised by an alcoholic...a better life.' Silas wanted to admit that the sales pitch sounded far better than the one Abel had offered, but he refused vehemently to be that much of a coward.​
"I get it. You're a bunch of whiners. Life isn't fair and you're throwing a cosmic hissy-fit and you have the nerve to call me...us children?' Silas' eyed widened as he couldn't believe the words that'd escaped his mouth, he just parted his lips and his rebuttal was there. "As for you..." Silas pointed an accusing finger towards Mauro. 'We are not going to entertain grandpa over there's proposal, at least...I sure ain't.' Life isn't fair...but would having his parents back be better, if he had to live with the shame of his actions and his conscience...weighing his personal happiness against the established order. Silas contemplated his choice before glaring venomously around the room.
"You want my answer old man? Take that cane and sit on it. I choose what once a coward did not." Raising his left hand upwards in full view of the room, Silas gave the man labeled as 'Simon' the finger. Still keeping his right hand hidden and his thumb firmly resting on the same button he'd already pressed once before, he retreated slowly until his back was to the archaic truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
< @Quiet One @DangoYumi @Crowley @Viral @Pray4me >

Marcus Hart (& Inu)

"You're not keeping that, Inu." Marcus said quietly, mostly to himself as he took the ball from his pup and looked at it. It didn't seem to be very important, but he had no idea so he stowed it in his bag. Maybe it was a magical item. Maybe not, maybe a tracking device. Where everyone seemed to be running their mouths, Marcus was running his brain. He wasn't one for speeches, for the dramatic. Not when he was being himself, maybe in a game but he didn't even have a character name. So instead he picked up Inu and gingerly put him in the vehicle everyone was backing towards. "Stay, Inu." he told the whining pup.

Then he looked at the items he had picked up. "Candlestick? Probably something to do with fire or light. Could that help? Maybe but I don't think it's worth the shot. The cloak? No pretty sure that only works for me. most cloaks only affect the one wearing them anyway." he murmured to himself. Anyone who wasn't next to him and listening wouldn't really hear any specific words. "Thermos? Something with Liquid? Could be. Reminds me of an endless decanter.. a geyser of water could help.. but what if it isn't?" he asked, sighing.

At this point, he took out a 20-sided die and threw it in the air. A silly gesture, especially considering where they were, but it helped him think about decisions. He didn't think the die roll would influence anything but himself. "18. pretty good." he said, nodding when he caught it.

And with that done, once everyone had made their speech, Marcus gulped and took the thermos, pointing it towards the newcomer - Simon - and closed his eyes. He thought that doing this might actually make him a few friends, as Simon surely seemed to fit a villain archetype. So with that, he opened his eyes and made sure he was pointed right at Simon, as if threatening someone with a weapon to make them hesitate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.