Not open for further replies.

Quiet One

My God! It's full of Stars.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Genres
Scifi, some fantasy, Mature. Anything that gets my gears going. Not opposed to Yaoi or Yuri.
In a small suburban neighborhood all was quiet for the night. Everyone was sleeping, save for one house that was having the neighbors over for drinks. At the rate they were having fun things would turn awkward in the morning. Wives would be swapped, and stories both sides agreed to never speak of again would be written. The only thing that could save them from embarrassment was a great commotion that roused the whole street, something loud and unconventionally violent in this peaceful patch of the tame world. Fortunately for them, that was just what they were about to get.

Across the street, four houses down, Harvey Lyden burst through his front door and toppled onto the pavement path in front of it. He had only a second to catch his breath before he lunged for his open door. Balls of light shot out at him as he heaved his weight on the door, slamming it shut. If anyone had already begun looking, they would have noticed that Harvey's door had opened outward. But when he turned his key into the lock and slipped inside, it opened inward.

Inside his house, Harvey twisted the lock past its final position. Two metal bars appeared on either side of the handle and jammed themselves in the doorway. Then two more, and so on until the entire door was locked up tight.

"Light..." he panted. He pulled out a lighter and clicked it. New orbs of light shot out from it and went to all nearby lamps, illuminating them. Now his split lip and the blood running down the side of his face was clearer to see. But he didn't have time to nurse his wounds.

He limped over to his pantry and turned the key. The door was thrown open and the sound and force of rushing wind shook everything in the house. Harvey braced himself against the doorway and looked out. He could see city lights about 8 miles beneath him, and to his right the wing of an airplane. From his pocket he pulled out a handful of keys, then threw them out over the city. They flew past him and out of sight. He then had to lean out into the open air to get his rickety, wooden door and shut it again. And just as he did he heard car doors outside.

He limped back into the dining room and grabbed a silver candelabra. As soon as his hands wrapped around it the silver bent and curled so the three candleholders were on top of one another.

A blade shot through the wood around the many locks and opened, being pulled back and anchored in place. It started travelling up, jerking like someone was pulling at it. It then went over and back down, a string of light attached to the hook slicing a neat line around the doorway. In one swift push the door and its holster were thrown aside, and Harvey started firing. Bolts of fire burned and tore into a man who came charging through. He dropped at Harvey's feet. But then a black mist exploded out of the doorway and his blasts couldn't penetrate it. It spread and spread until he couldn't see a thing.

The next thing he knew there was a sharp pain across his wrist and he was forced to drop the candelabra. Then he felt himself harshly kicked into the back wall with a knee to the gut to add to it. As he dropped to the floor the mist receded into a slit of blackness, which then turned into the shaft of a cane.

Standing over him was a man in his late thirties. He looked good for his age; clean shaven, combed, dark hair, smart glasses with copper frames. He had this chiding smile on his face, like he'd caught a kid doing something he shouldn't and found it amusing.

"Hello, Harvey," he said.

"Simon," he spat back, getting blood on the pants of Simon's grey suit. "Get it over with. I already got rid of the keys. They'll find new Locks by tomorrow." He smirked. "Kill me, and eight more'll take my place."

"Eight novices with no understanding of what they are or what they're doing," Simon retorted. He sighed and shook his head. "If I can't talk them down, all you've assured is that eight previously innocent people will die. This is what I'm talking about, Harvey. You think you're helping, but you're just making things worse."

"Can't be worse than what you've got planned. There's a reason you're not a Force, you know."

"I do." Simon's cane thinned until it resembled a sword, and then he swiftly stabbed Harvey through the heart. "But I can fix that."

Three more men came in. The one with the glowing whip kept looking up and down the street as lights came on all over the place. "We'll need to leave soon. How are we supposed to get those keys first?"

He pulled the blade free and proceeded to casually clean it with a red handkerchief. "We won't find the keys, but don't worry, Mr. Finch. When Order issues his standard reset, we'll be able to find the new bearers."

Olive (Oli) Hobson

“Oh my god!” The short scream ripped through the shop as something came flying in through the open skylight in the ceiling and landed on one of the tables. The poor waitress standing there jumped and flinched back, her shocked shout being the one to startle everyone else in the building. She ducked down quickly, her tray up to cover her head and face in worry. She didn’t want to be pelted with falling debris from god-knows-what. Was the sky falling? Luckily, there was no one sitting at the table. Those customers had just left and she was in the process of cleaning up when some random falling object smashed into the table with some serious force. The waitress’ heart stuttered in her chest, her hand over it as if to calm it. Her breath came out in a shudder, everyone in the shop stunned into stillness and silence.

When she finally felt that nothing else would fall from the ceiling, she removed the tray from over her head, looking up at the skylight first and then at the table. The tension eased throughout the room and servers and customers alike came rushing over to see what had happened. One of the other female servers wrapped an arm around Olive to help calm her down. The redheaded server stared at the table wide-eyed to see what had hit it and startled her so badly. In between the partially stacked plates and cups lay a simple key. She was sure it had not been there before so it had to be what had fallen in through the ceiling.

The nineteen year-old picked it up, turning it over in her hand for any distinguishing marks. After looking at it for a second, she tucked it into her pocket and waved everyone away. “Okay. I’m fine, nothing’s broken. Everyone go on back to whatever you were doing now.” She shooed everyone off, still feeling her heart as it attempted to settle down in her chest while she went back to cleaning up her table. When she had a moment, Olive took a breather in the kitchen, leaning against a wall. Another female server joined her there, the one that had tried to comfort her earlier. Olive pulled the key from her pocket, turning it around in her fingers. “Whatcha got there?” The other server asked, leaning her chin on Olive’s shoulder and peering at the key as well.

Olive responded a bit quietly. “What was a key doing falling from the sky?” She frowned, shaking her head. “Scared the bejesus out of me. It hit so hard; it must’ve fallen from really far up.” The other girl chimed in. “What are you gonna do with it?” Olive shrugged, tucking it back in her pocket. “Keep it for now. Maybe turn it in to the police station when I get the chance.” She moved to a sick to wash her hands and then straightened out her apron before checking her watch. “One hour left.”

Reactions: Crowley
Lavender (Lavenza) Scarlet
The sky was getting dim, the blue sky fading into a beautiful tint of orange and red. Clouds floated by gently as the sun set beyond the horizon. Lavenza stood alone in her apartment unit, her blinds opened while she stared out her window, the sun rays shining on her face. The whole room was tinted crimson, the sunlight slowly fading along with the setting sun. The girl took a deep breath and enjoyed the last moments of the ending day, welcoming the night with her eyes closed. The room slowly dimmed to complete darkness, making the girl open her eyes once again. She closed the blinds and walked towards her light switch to turn it on, the light flickering slightly before lighting up the whole room. Lavenza had always loved the sunset, it was the moment where day and night would intertwine with each other. It signaled the end of a day and the scene of the warm sunset always made her feel relaxed. Brushing a hand through her hair, she stretched as she prepared to make dinner, walking towards the kitchen of her apartment.

Arriving at the kitchen, she reached towards the fridge before pausing, feeling the ground shake under her. The lights flickered violently, the objects on her dining table beginning to clatter and topple over. "An earthquake?" she mumbled to herself, looking around while trying to access the situation. A loud bang startled her and made her jump, quickly ducking behind her kitchen counter. The ground continued to shiver under her body as she held her breath, trying to keep herself calm in this situation. It wasn't long before the shaking stopped, leaving Lavenza behind the kitchen counter.

Standing up slowly, she made sure to check if everything had finally stopped before taking a deep breath. The thud could be heard from her bedroom, making her tip-toe gently towards it. Opening the door, she found her books scattered on the ground when she turned on the lights. She walked over to pick them up and was about to put them back onto the shelf before pausing, crouching down to look at the small item that had piqued her interest. Staring at it, she tried to recognize it but to no avail. "Did I have a key like this?" she asked herself, picking it up with her fingers. Shrugging it off, she placed the key in her jeans pocket before organizing her books back onto her shelves.

Last edited:
Marie Vance Carter
[spoili]
gged325.jpg

Screen_20Shot_202016-05-06_20at_209.20.55_20AM.0.png
[/spoili]
MOOD: Angry, Disgruntled, Exhausted
MENTIONS: n/a​

"Well, you see, he was being a complete as--"

"That's enough of your excuses, Vance! I gave you this job out of respect for your father, but you've made hell of it! Take your last damn paycheck and go ruin someone else's business!" Donnie, the general manager of Domino's on Queens Boulevard, thrust the envelope into Marie's hands and practically shoved her out the door. She cried out in anger, whirling around with fists clenched. But he slammed the door and locked it before she could so much as scream profanities. Cursing under her breath, she shoved the envelope into the pocket of her favorite leather jacket and walked, too angry to hail a cab. Alice would chide her for being by herself so late at night, but she couldn't care at that moment. There went her second job in the last six months! It wasn't her fault! The guy had been ogling her, so she'd given him a good kick where the light don't shine. Was she supposed to just take that sort of shit? Fuck that.

The night air was cool and crisp that night, stars dimmed by the eternal lights of New York City. Dogs howled, cats meowed, and sirens blared in the distance. It was a typical night in Queens. At least, she thought it was.

It took her twice as long to reach her small condo because she had stopped along the way to angrily kick several cans until she hit a defenseless alley cat. The black-maned animal had hissed and bared its tiny fangs at her before running off into the black of night. Black cats were terrible luck, but she had never believed such superstitions. She was a practical young woman, simply trying to make her way through the world and find a good job that didn't require more than a high school diploma. Her jaw set as she fumbled with her keys, turning the lock and stepping into the dark of the condo. It was a fairly nice set-up, and she had her roommate Alice to thank for that. The girl had graduated high school two years early, finishing her undergrad in software engineering by the time she was 19. Now, she was working for Google of all things, being paid more than most recent undergraduates could even dream about while also working slowly towards her master's with night classes.

The girl was everything Marie wasn't, and sometimes she hated her for it. But, she couldn't complain when Alice paid most of the rent. The girl would likely be royally pissed off to hear that Marie had, once again, lost her means of paying her quarter of the rent, but what was she to do? She couldn't afford some fancy schmancy college degree, and she wasn't smart enough (rather, she'd never really tried, even on the test) to get in on scholarship. Heaving a sigh, she stalked into the kitchen and flipped on the lights, tossing her keys on the counter and pulling out her last paycheck. She'd have to cash it in the morning.

She stopped in her thoughts, staring at the envelope. It was surprisingly heavy for just being a piece of paper. Weighing it in her hand, she suddenly tore it open to see what was inside, expecting to find something rather exciting. Instead all that was in there, besides her check, was a nondescript key. Marie narrowed her eyes, positive that Donnie was mocking her somehow. Grabbing her cell phone, she dialed his number, her anger from before flaring all the more with every ring. Finally, he answered, sounding just as vexed as she felt.

"You forgot your damn wallet, I know! I'll drop it through the mail slot in the morning!" Her wallet? She felt in her pockets, cursing as she realized he was right. The line went dead as Donnie hung up on her, not even allowing her a second to explain her real reason for calling. She growled, redialing in frustration. He picked up almost immediately.

"What the hell do you want, Vance? I'm busy!"

"Yeah, whatever, Donnie. Just tell me what this damn key is about. Is this some kind of joke?" She bit her tongue to keep herself from lashing out about being fired. If she was going to get a straight answer, she'd have to cool it and let him laugh about how the key was supposed to be some sort of sick joke. If it was supposed to mock her, it failed because it made little sense to her. Donnie, however, gave no explanation.

"What key? What the hell are you talkin' about, Vance? You've caused me enough trouble tonight; I don't have time for your silly games. Go bother someone else!" And then he was gone, the line buzzing in her ear. Marie stared at the phone, dumbfounded. Donnie wasn't one to keep up a joke, and he hardly ever lied even to her. But if he didn't put the key in the envelope, who did? She picked it up, holding it up to the light. It had no marks, no numbers, nothing. It looked like any other key except there was no way to find out what door it belonged to or who it belonged to.

Sighing, she worked the key onto her key ring, mentally supposing that she'd turn it into the cops or something. Or ask Alice what she thought about it. It was late, and she was exhausted. She could already feel the dread of having to find yet another job, and she had a feeling she'd have a damn hard time about it. And, gracious as Alice was, she wasn't about to pay rent all by herself--not for more than a couple months, anyways. Muttering obscenities, she went up to her room on the second floor, crashing onto her bed and falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Last edited:
Silas Mureau
"Screw Calculus...not like I need it to graduate." The young man, no older than eighteen thought as he proceeded down the vacant sidewalk, a few blocks from his High School. Adorned in shin length cargo-shorts, his trademark black and white converse shoes, a band t-shirt and his beloved favorite hoodie, Silas continued head-banging to the heavy metal ringing in his ears from his I-pod.
It wasn't as though this was his first time skipping, the principal was a jackass and shoved him into a class he didn't need to graduate rather than just giving him the study hall that Silas had asked for. Silas rounded the next block with a bit of pep in his step as the beat of the song shifted and transitioned into the 'bridge', though he was never excited to go home. His uncle was an alcoholic deadbeat and his aunt was decidedly an enabler with Stockholm syndrome, though Silas never used it as an excuse to be a bully or whine.
"Wonder if today was a Tequila day or a Bourbon day..." he pondered as he paced towards the dilapidated apartment he called home. Tequila implied that his uncle would be unconscious all day, Bourbon mean't the stereotypical yelling, blaming Silas and his aunt for his failures and the infrequent destruction of his own property. Shrugging his shoulders with indifference, Silas peeled back the hood from his head and unplugged his I-pod's earphones, tucking them away into his pocket hastily.
Checking both ways down the road before he crossed it, Silas made his way up to the steps leading into his apartment, though something caught his eye. Silas had an eye for when things were out of place, as he despised change or being spontaneous. Casting his gaze upwards to the looming steel awning that shielded people from rain as they entered the apartment, he noticed a rather large hole in it before turning his gaze to the steps which also had a sizable crack in them.
"What the hell...?" He stated aloud, slightly befuddled over something apparently falling through the steel awning with enough force to crack concrete steps. His left hand casually drifting upwards, he thoughtfully scratched his head as he kept his gaze on the ground and scanned along it, eventually something shiny catching his eye. No more than a foot from the steps from which it had apparently bounced from, was a small key, much to Silas' surprise. "This...did that? Whatever...better to not ask questions." Shaking his head as he tucked away the key that had wrought such a strange amount of damage into his pocket and headed inside, mentally prepared to be yelled at, as was customary in his home.

Mauro Jakobs

"...and that thing, the blood pressure measured with mercury or whatever?"

"Sphygmomanometer, Ian," Mauro muttered distractedly into his phone, his eyes flitting about. New York was a busy place, and certainly had plenty of distractions for his eyes to occupy themselves with. He knew the walk home by rote, anyway. "This is pretty basic stuff."

"Didn't know we had a test. Didn't know she was gonna check the notes," Ian complained. He was one of Mauro's closer friends and a fellow health student. One who wasn't very good of a student. "What about blood pressure?"

"Now that's freshmen year stuff, Ian," Mauro said, sighing into the phone. "Systolic over diastolic. Look, you study your own notes or just google the stuff. I got things to do." A lie. "See you later, cher." He hung up. The first few years or so of his life he had lived down in New Orleans, and his mother had always had that classic southern drawl that people expected. Mauro, even if he looked more like his father, sounded like his mother more, and had grown partial to the word cher as a sort of friendly slang. To distract himself - he'd left his earbuds at home - he began to whistle loudly, even though it was mostly drowned out by the din of traffic.

Then his eyes landed on a hole about three yards to his left in a small patch of dirt. It was a small square of grass, probably put there just to plant a tree for some shade. And then, by the looks of it, somebody had tried digging a hole in it. The base of the tree was mangled pretty badly - in fact, the tree had acquired a tilt - and the dirt was thrown around a bit. Mauro got up close, poking around. What type of thug had screwed the tree up that bad?

And, underneath all the mess of torn up roots and dirt, a key. And a shining little thing it was, too. If there was one fault Mauro had, it was his habit of picking up trinkets, especially if they sparkled. He was practically a magpie sometimes.

"Don't worry, little buddy," he muttered under his breath, sticking the key into his pocket. "I got you now. Whoever had you before obviously wasn't treating you right, so I'll take you in." The most likely scenario, of course, was just Mauro tossing it into his pile of shinies and forgetting about it. But whatever. In his head this was still better than the alternative, whatever that may be.

He began walkin again, slightly faster than before. He sort of felt guilty about hanging up on Ian too fast and wanted to call him back. He had his own work to do, and he didn't have all day. After all, there was a test soon.

Name: ||Jude||Katt|| Judith||
Artifact: Shape-shifting 1930 Ford, Nature poppers

[BCOLOR=#000000]Whispering obscenities under her breath Judith tugged her heel on and tripped out of her bedroom. Her mom’s small dog/rat barked at her as she ran down the stairs. She was late for another interview. Being on time wasn’t really her thing, never had been. But she was wanting to make it to these interviews on time. Judith's Mother is close friends to a journalist from TIME magazine, now that wasn’t quite National Geographic but who was Judith to complain. She always figured that it was going to take a while to get a good job,mostly she was just tired of freelance photography. She was going nowhere in life. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He mother was watching tv in their living room, Judith hardly noticed before slamming the door and running to her beat up yellow datsun. It wasn’t a nice looking car and more often than not it stopped running in the intersection and she would have to turn the key again. The car didn’t like getting places on time and neither did she and for that reason it made their bond tighter. Judith was on 22nd street heading south when some douche bag taxi driver ran a red light, slammed right into her tail end. The car went out of control and there wasn’t a thing the inexperienced driver could of done to avoid smashing into a fire hydrant. The airbags exploded, water flooded the car and sidewalk. Cars halted, some moved on like nothing happened. For Judith Katherine Peters time stopped. Everything slowed at least, she knew that time had not stopped, there were sirens and freezing cold water was running down her face. So sadly no, time had not stopped. She tasted blood, she was bleeding. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“Everything is going to be okay. Can you hear me?”[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“Ma’am! -- She is unresponsive. Get her out of here now!” She remembers the firefighters face, she was awake. Im responsive guys. I’m okay I’m okay. She was screaming and then she wasn’t.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]She was in a clean white room with blinding sun in her eyes and beeping in her ear. A door opened but the poor girl was too out of it to register what part of the room it was from.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“Judith? Judith Peters right?” The voice was male coming from what she thought was her right side. Another voice appeared.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“Judith I’m your nurse. It’s good to see you awake how are you feeling?” Trying to look at everything going on around her made her dizzy.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“Who else is here?”[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“This is a police officer, he was nice enough to grab some personal belongings from your car.” The nurse said and quickly got to work lifting the bed to sitting position.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“Hello I’m officer Gibson. Your car is totaled, most of the items are pretty wet.” He was holding out a plastic bag. Sheepish was this young officer. She could make out his mop of blonde hair and his awkward way of introduction. Nothing else really shone through.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“Thank you sir.” He put the bag in front of her on her table. Things came into focus. Not long after the officer said goodbye and left did she dump the bag out. Whoever collected this junk didn’t even try to dry it off. Her cell phone was probably toast, doubt rice would fix that. Her wallet was soggy, it took her a minute to identify the real loss. He camra case was among the table, the fabric damp; the insides of the delicate not so waterproof camera she didn’t want to think about. She shuffled around the pile, lip gloss surprisingly her hawaiian dancing girl was there. There was one unknown object that she saw a small silver key loose in the pile. She brought it up to her face nothing was written and in no way was it unique. KNOCK KNOCK[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]“Miss Peters, hello I’m doctor Michaels. The police want me to discharge you later tonight. Lets see how possible is that is huh?”[/BCOLOR]

Lorenzo Montenegro
Weapon: Shrouds of Shadow | Nature Poppers

"Nice shot sir..." Lorenzo forced himself to say as eyes rolled hard into his skull. His arms shuffled on the very top of the steering wheel of the golf cart, his chin nestled on them. "Saved yourself a bogey..."

The older, married couple gave each other high fives, smiling lovingly at each other with affection radiating from their gaze. The woman, who wore a simple light blue polo shirt and pleaded skirt, swung her putter over her shoulder as her husband was just about to place the flag back into the hole.

"Oh no sir, please let me do that..." Lorenzo gritted his teeth as he trotted over to the man. "It is my job after all."

"What an amazing shot that was!" the man boasted, handing the yellow flag to Lorenzo. "I should end this day on this hole! I won't be able to beat that shot on the 18th!"

"You have to give your wife a chance though, right?" Lorenzo faked chuckled along with the man.

He stabbed the flag into the hold and let out a deep sigh. It felt odd being on the other end of society, the working class having to serve those in the more wealthy position. Throughout his life, Lorenzo lived among the wealthy, being a shadow to his well-known government official mother and cosmetic dentist father. His family were once established club members until they became co-owners of one of the top rated courses in the U.S. Lorenzo felt the buy in would secure his position in life as he planned on running the golf course once he was old enough.

At 18, his parents finally decided that Lorenzo needed to work for something rather than being given this luxury.

He stood on the green in a pair of beige khakis and matching golf shoes, a white collared shirt with the course's name and logo stitched in black over the breast-pocket, and a snuggly fit white cap with a harsh lid to shield him from the descending Arizona sun. It was just about the end of early evening, where the darkening blue sky swirled with the mixed red tinged Arizona dust, creating a wonderful platform for shining stars to present themselves. The hot, desert air was replaced with a heavy cold wind, creating goosebumps on Lorenzo's arm.

With the couple seated in the back of the golf cart, Lorenzo jumped into the driver's seat and began the short drive to the final hole. He nodded and smiled occasionally as the couple spoke, glimpsing at the man's heavy pocket. For eight hours Lorenzo became part of this couple's life, learning everything about them through life stories they shared, but the topic of a large tip for his work was never brought up.

These better not be rich cheapskates...ugh please no...I regret for all those times I never tipped. This working shit is hard...he thought, sighing again.

As they approached the last hole of the night, Lorenzo snapped his head up into the sky as his eyes caught a quick sight of a rushing dart fly just beside him. He braked the cart hard at the tee off, seeing the streak of light end at the green of the 18th hole.

"What? What was that?!" the couple asked together, fixing their hats from being suddenly pushed forward from the abrupt stop.

"I thought I saw something...I'm going to check it out. Start your tee-off and I'll meet you two up at your balls," Lorenzo answered as the couple stepped out the cart.

"You expect us to walk to our balls-"

Before the man could finish, Lorenzo drove off down the side trail of the 350 yard fairway. He ignored the line of desert rocks with cacti scattered around, hearing the quick claws of lizards scurrying away from him. Normally, something like that wouldn't have fazed Lorenzo. Mini meteor showers were a constant sight in the desert. In his room, Lorenzo collected a good couple of chunks of space rocks from them. This one felt different though. It fell way too close to him, almost as if it was targeting him for its final attack.

At the 18th hole, Lorenzo jumped out the cart and began to explore the green. His feet led him to the hole, lifting up the flag and kneeling down. Fingers inched their way into the hole until they pulled out a warm, metal key.

"Huh?" Lorenzo blinked, staring at the key before looking up into the sky. "What the hell..."

A glass door opened in an old café. Stacked against the walls were old bits of memorabilia, a jukebox, various black and white photos. A man and a woman sat at a table drinking coffee. The same man and woman were having breakfast with their kids at a booth, too. And another copy of the boy and girl were at the gumball machine. Outside, the same man and same woman walked around with their same kids, copied over and over, driving in cars that all looked exactly the same.

At an old pinball machine stood the one child who was different from everyone else. He wore a hoodie and a red baseball cap and looked at nothing as he played his game. There were no lights, no electronics to the pinball machine, but plenty of whistles and chimes as he continued. An analog counter told him he was still on his first ball, and the score counter was at eight infinities.

"You're tracking in sand," he said to the figure who approached him from behind. His voice was unusually deep and scratchy, like that of an old man or a heavy smoker.

The figure, an old man wearing blue robes that had stars moving about the fabric, looked back at the trail of sand his cloak had brought with him. Instantly the granules seemed to sink into the ground, absorbed.

"It's good to see you too, dad," the old man replied.

"We are not father and son," the deep-voiced child said, still not looking away from his game.

"It's the closest mortal term for our relationship," the (seemingly) older one affirmed. He had a tired look on his weathered face, knowing how stubborn he could be.

"We are not mortal," he replied without missing a beat. "Did you bring the Yearglass?"

"Wouldn't be here if I didn't." The man pulled out an hourglass that's bottom half was half empty. "I still don't like capping off a year soon. If you don't mind me asking, Father, you're always looking for an excuse to do this. What is it this time?"

The boy stepped away from his game. The pinball, which had been on its downward descent, stopped on the plane. Around them everything else had ceased moving, too. "The Locks are dead."

"All of them?"

"All of them." He took the Yearglass in his hand. It was much like an ordinary hourglass, except six inches tall, filled with glowing sand, and was made with a gold frame. Most of the sand glowed, but here and there black sand granules could be seen. Around the hourglass was a metal ring.

"What about the keys? They must have found new Locks," the old man pried.

"Yes, but with no one to train them, they will be dead in hours." He was completely detached from his words as he twisted the Yearglass. The metal ring around the glass stayed in place, locked in by nothing as the Yearglass was spun upside down. As sand slipped between the narrow neck everything began to move, but now backwards. As the family ate, they added food to their plate out of their mouths instead of shoving it in. They walked out and backwards. Cars drove backwards outside as the sky got darker, until it was black, then started to lighten again. Once that was done he twisted the Yearglass again so it was locked firmly in its center position, neither going forward or back.

"The Lockpicks' plans can go no further," he said and set the Yearglass on top of his pinball machine.

"But neither can time," his older "son" argued. "I'll summon Abel. He's always gotten along with the Locks. Maybe he can help them."

"He cannot intervene with the living," the harsh voice of the man-child replied.

"Not directly. But he can guide. These new Locks - kids - they'll need a guide."

It was just like any other day for Lavenza. She woke up, went to her class, and came back to her apartment. She never really liked staying at her school, because everyone there just seemed so immature and hated her guts. She'd much rather stay at home, alone where no one could bother her.

She opened the door and smiled at the view of her apartment, enjoying the familiar scent of her own home. Closing the door behind her, she placed her coat atop of her coat hanger and took off her shoes before stepping into her living room. Her socks glided on the wooden floor, as she danced while humming one of her favorite songs.

The sun started to set, and the world started to turn into a beautiful crimson. The familiar warmth that she felt from the sun rays that were travelling through the window lighting her whole living quarters with a warm hue. She would always keep her blinds open and lights off for this exact moment every day, and like usual she walked over to the window and allowed herself to bathe in the rays of the sunset.

As the night came to view, she breathed a sigh of satisfaction before walking towards the kitchen, ready to make dinner as per usual, when she paused. Somehow this day seemed more familiar than it needed to be, but she tried to ignore the feeling. It wasn't until the ground started to shake that she felt an extreme increase of déjà vu. The shock of the familiarity made her unable to react, causing her to fall on the ground when the loud bang was heard. "What the...." she spoke, crawling towards the kitchen counter to keep herself safe.

The shaking soon stopped, and she stood up slowly, looking around with her accelerated heartbeat. She took a few deep breaths, trying to shake off the feeling of déjà vu that was still in her mind. The bang came from her bedroom, and she quickly made her way towards it, opening the door in a swift motion. The books that were scattered around the floor struck another sense of déjà vu in her mind, making her shake her head in disbelief. She couldn't believe that she was experiencing so much of that in a day. Walking over, she picked up the books and placed them back in the shelf, scratching the back of her head while she headed out to the kitchen.

Olive (Oli) Hobson

She awoke with a start, bolting up in bed and looking around as if expecting to see something wrong. Everything looked normal, so Olive placed a hand to her chest to cover her oddly racing heart. That was a terrible dream. She sighed out a long breath and shook her head in an attempt to rid it from her mind. How strange… she’d had the exact same dream the night before and had woken up the exact same way then too. With another shake of her head, the girl slid out of bed and set to getting ready for her first class.

Thirty minutes later, after a shower and what some would weakly refer to as breakfast, Olive was stuffing her laptop and some books into her backpack and tossing it onto one shoulder. She grabbed her keys off the dresser and booked it out the door quickly, realizing that she was running a little late - just like yesterday. Ugh, she had planned to get up a little early this morning to keep that from happening again, but that nightmare had killed that plan yet again. She quickly made it to class only to discover that she didn’t recognize anyone in the room. When Olive tried to take a seat, a girl with a seriously snobby attitude started complaining that Olive had taken her usual chair.

“This is where I normally sit…” She muttered her response, voice laced in confusion.

The other girl responded with annoyance. “You’re not even in this class. Don’t tell me you go lost this far into the semester?” Those words were confirmed when an unknown professor walked in and began to set her things down to prepare to start discussion. The teacher noticed Olive as well and asked her the same questions about whether she had gotten lost, though she was much nicer about it.

“Wait… What day is it?” Olive was wondering if maybe she’d gotten ahead of herself and come to the classes for the following day, but she was incredibly confused to be told that she was actually still in the day before. A frown marred her face and she nodded to and thanked the professor, apologized for interrupting and left. “I’m so confused.” She looked around as she wandered down the hall toward the class she was supposed to be in, watching the other students and faculty meandering to a from lectures and meetings. She found her class, the same class she was in yesterday, and took a seat.

The rest of the day continued like this, though she was arriving everywhere she needed to be on time simply because she had done it before. She breezed through the pop-quiz in her second class, remembering the answers from yesterday. What was happening? She couldn’t have dreamed the whole day last night, could she? Even at work, everything was happening the exact same way with the exact same customers and the exact same random accidents that could not have happened two night in a row. The only difference today was that there was no tiny key dropping from the sky and scaring the crap out of her. Maybe it really was all a dream. A very realistic dream. Absently, she reached a hand down into her apron pocket, her fingers grazing something metal there. Slowly, she pulled the object from her pocket and stared at it – the key that had fallen from the sky the day before. She turned it over in her fingers, just like before, to inspect it.

Just then, Olive felt a pressure on her shoulder, made by the resting chin of one of the other female servers who casually asked, “Whatcha got there?”

Olive looked over her shoulder at the girl, realizing that she was the only one who remember this key and every one else was entirely oblivious to this repeating day.

Silas Mureau
Waking up with the familiar choking taste of cottonmouth and the dryness that accompanied it, the customary way in which Silas ushered in each new day, he yawned in frustration as a small groan of defiance escaped from his throat. His bed being a twin in size and his room veritably smaller than most walk-in closets, he'd grown out of the feeling of claustrophobia very early on into his living arrangement with his Aunt and Uncle. Though despite it's diminutive size, Silas like all teenagers had managed to make an utter mess of it.
Forcing himself upwards and out of his bed, adorned only in his navy boxers, his right hand drifted upwards lazily to scratch his head as he peered around the room curiously. "6 A.M. comes far too early...the hell did I put my pants?" Silas spent the next hour and a half scouring his room for clothes that didn't smell like male body odor and followed this up by hastily showering and brushing his teeth.
Once dressed and at least no longer smelling like a gym locker room, he proceeded to sullenly exit out of the front door to the apartment, apparently it'd been a Tequila night as his uncle lie still passed out in his reclining chair and his aunt was decidedly asleep, alone in their bedroom. Shrugging his shoulders, he couldn't shake the feeling of something being off, as his uncle never drank the same thing back to back. Slinging his backpack over his shoulders Silas bounded out the door and headed towards his school.
Silas on average slept through first period and his second class was a study hall, so it wasn't until third period that he noticed that same feeling of deja vu'. The things his teacher was saying, the background noise of his classmate's conversations, it all seemed...rehearsed. He even found himself mimicking their conversations as and before they would happen, silently as he knew what was coming before it happened. "I think I'm suffering a psychotic break...that or I have precognitive abilities." He thought to himself as the bell rang for the transition of classes.
It was as though the world was scripted, Silas always possessed an observant eye and even the movements in which people drifted through the halls, it all felt like he'd experienced it prior. "I gotta get out of here..." He muttered under his breath as he knew the route the teachers would be on as he weaved through his fellow students and worked his way out of a side entrance to the current hall he was in and hastily made his way off campus.
"Okay...let's figure this out." He stated aloud as he rounded the block and headed down to the children's park located down the hill. Reaching into his pocket to snag his Ipod, which was always his first choice when he needed to think, it was then that he felt it. A small, sleek-metal key that he'd found the day prior, he'd totally forgotten stowing it away in his pocket, then it struck him. "Why did I remember everything else...as if I'd done it before, but you're still where I left you..." He stated the question aloud as if searching for some sort of answer from the inanimate object.
"Why does the weird shit have to always happen to me? I just want to be left alone." He thought sullenly with a frustrated tone, it always seemed that life had designed for a dark cloud to haunt him in all things. Inhaling deeply, he released a sharp sigh as he flipped the key over, then rolled it between his fingers like a coin. "What am I going to do with you...or for that matter, what the hell am I going to do now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mauro Jakobs
Mauro woke abruptly from his sleep, his phone vibrating violently on the cabinet next to his bed. He practically fell out of bed grabbing for it. In fact he was about to decline the call until he saw that it was Ian. Again? He thought. Just like last morning. Unless he got a second new phone, why would Ian call this early? Or late. Mauro didn't have windows in his room.

"I got a new phone!" Was Ian's immediate response.

"
Yeah, you told me yesterday," Mauro muttered, rubbing his eyes. Ian had called him from his old phone to tell him about his new phone, and then Mauro had mentioned their health test, which Ian had been a tad surprised to hear about. Ian had then made a hasty goodbye to get at least a little studying done.

"Uh, I only got my phone last night, dude," Ian replied. "Sorry about calling early, by the way."

"
You should be, cher," Mauro said teasingly. "I got classes to ignore later."

"Me too, man. Seriously though, sorry."

"
Hey, you can call me anytime," Mauro said, then winced slightly. "Hopefully not about things you've already told me about."

"Uh, I only got it yesterday, like I said. I'd remember calling you early," Ian said.

"Nah, man, you called, mentioned your new phone, then we talked for a bit about stuff, I mentioned I should study for the health test since I'm-"

"Crap!" Ian interrupted. "We do have a health test today, don't we?" Um, look, dude, sorry to wake you up, but thanks for reminding me, and bye 'cause I have to study, so bye!" And then the call was over.

Mauro looked, confused, at his phone. Then he sighed. Whatever. Ian was a forgetful person. He was probably just being weird. Since he was up, he might as well get dressed. Still had school after all.

-~-
"...later, cher," Mauro finished, frowning to himself. Today just didn't make sense. Everything was.... the same. On the other hand, classes were very easy and he'd passed the test with flying colors, so he wasn't too frustrated.

"This is some Groundhog Day croc," he muttered to himself. He knew what was next. He would find that cool key. But... he put his hand in his pocket. He already had it. Up ahead he could see the tree, wrecked just like yesterday (today?). And, upon closer inspection, no key.

He shook his head. This just.... maybe he was imagining it. That was possible, right? Maybe he was just really smart and had a really coincidental dream last night. But... he had the key. Maybe...

No, he shook his head. It just doesn't make sense.

Lorenzo Montenegro

Lorenzo nestled into the golf cart that rested just in front of the practice putting green and the first tee of the prestigious 18 hole course. His white cap fell slightly over his tired eyes as he yawned, thinking about earlier today. It was the same old, same old. Wake up at around 9am with parents already gone, skip breakfast, and take the short ten minute drive to the course. There was nothing particularly different with clocking in for work, the same damn joke one of the workers at the golf shop gave, and picking out his favorite golf cart.

The Arizona sun was beginning to blaze, heating up the asphalt to the point Lorenzo was sure he was hearing a sizzle. He exhaled hard from flared nostrils, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel as he watched members of the course choose their caddies to being their rounds. His ears twitched, hearing a pair of footsteps approach his cart. Lorenzo looked up with a fake smile and gave a small wave.

"Good mid-morning...wait..." his voice trailed, eyes growing wide.

They were an elderly couple. The wife wore a light blue polo shirt with a pleaded skirt, holding her husband's hand lovingly. The husband smiled at Lorenzo, pointing to the wheeled golf bags they were pulling.

"Finally a day to ourselves to enjoy this course!" the man cheered as Lorenzo awkwardly grabbed their golf bags. "I hope you're ready for this amazing day of golf young man!"

"...didn't you two come yesterday-"

"You have a name?" the wife asked.

"...Lorenzo..." he answered quietly, sitting in the cart and began the short drive to the first tee.

What the fuck is going on? Lorenzo's mind raced as he stared at the 17th hole on the green, watching the man sink the same shot like the day before. This all happened yesterday...right?

Lorenzo congratulated the man for his amazing shot and placed the flag back into the hole on the green. He sat back in the cart, listening to the man continue to boast and chuckle about the shot, and began the drive to the last hole. Lorenzo found himself staring at the heavy pocket of the man, remembering something about wanting a big tip for his job and regretting not tipping others.

Wait...that means if I look up now...

A line of bright white flew passed the golf cart and ended at the 18th hole. Lorenzo hurried to the last hole, dropped off the couple who were starting to complain about having to walk, and sped as fast as he could to the green accompanied by the lizards scattering across the desert rocks.

He jumped out the cart before it came to a full stop, ripping the flag from the hole, and stared inside.

Nothing.

"I'm so confused!" Lorenzo let out a loud groan, pulling his face hard with his hands before slamming them defeatedly onto his thighs. "Ow!"

A dull pain traveled across one his palms as a red mark began to form on a single spot. He dug into his pocket, pulling out a key that was resting safe inside. He stared down at the 18th hole, then back at the key.

"I'm done. I'm just done. I'm ready to go home," Lorenzo declared, tilting his head to face the evening sky.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie Vance Carter
[spoili]
gged325.jpg

Screen_20Shot_202016-05-06_20at_209.20.55_20AM.0.png
[/spoili]
MOOD: Irritable, Confused, Panicked
MENTIONS: n/a​

"I'm getting up damnit!"

That was Marie's usual response to the blaring alarm that yanked her from the sweet company of sleep. She slammed her hand down on the snooze, tugging a hand through her hair as she stared at the time. Why did I forget to turn this damn thing off last night? It was three hours earlier than she had wanted to get up, now that she was jobless. Ah well...early bird gets the worm, right? She got dressed quickly, mulling over what she would about her employment situation. She'd applied to everywhere in Queens, it felt like, and been either rejected or fired from all of them. She would have to beg a little, maybe come up with a sob story. Stalking downstairs into the kitchen, she nodded at her roommate Alice before yanking open the fridge. "Did you go buy milk last night?" she asked, expecting to see a replacement for the carton she'd finished off the morning before.

Much to her surprise, there was a carton, but it was nearly empty. She shook her head, reasoning that she must have imagined finishing off the milk yesterday. Alice was lactose-intolerant, of all things, and even if she wasn't no one could drink almost a whole gallon in a matter of hours. "Why? Do you need more?" Alice asked from the kitchen table, eating eggs and toast while her eyes remained glued to her (expensive) laptop. Marie shrugged, pouring a bowl of cereal and using the remainder of the milk. "I do now."

Brushing off the severe sense of deja vu, Marie sat at the table, inquiring about Alice's work for the day. "I'm finishing up a presentation for this afternoon on a new phone application." Marie tilted her head to the side. Didn't Alice give the presentation yesterday? She opened her mouth to say something before her cell phone blared annoyingly from the counter. She sighed, grabbing it before it could go to voicemail.

"Hello?"

"Vance? Where are you? I thought I told you that I needed you to come in early today." Donnie's disgruntled voice was unmistakable.

"What are you talking about? You fired me, remember? Ya tryin' to rub it in?" Marie snapped back, her temper flaring immediately. This was a low blow, even for Donnie. In the back of her mind, however, she knew that something was wrong about this whole situation. First the milk, then Alice's presentation, and now Donnie. Still, it seemed so fantastic that her mind rejected the idea that this had all happened before.

"What are you talkin' about, Vance? Get your ass over here before I really do fire you!" The line went dead, and she was left staring at her phone screen in bewilderment. Alice gave her a hard stare, clearly displeased with the idea that her roommate had (once again) gotten fired. Marie shrugged.

"Guess he's giving me a second chance." She grabbed her keys and her wallet, heading for the door before stopping dead in her tracks. She stared at the faux leather accessory in her hand, her mind reeling. "Did Donnie drop this off?" She asked, though she had a feeling she already knew the answer. And she didn't like that answer, not at all. Panic was starting to take over; maybe she was losing her mind. Alice shook her head, looking just as confused as Marie felt. Without thinking, she grabbed her phone and called Donnie once again.

"What do you want, Vance? You better be on your way here!"

"Sorry, Donnie, I'm gonna have to stay home. I think I'm sick." She hung up before he could respond, her head already starting to pound as her panic increased. Yes, she was going crazy. That had to be it. Or she'd developed some weird pscyho power like in the comics. The thought made her laugh rather maniacally, causing Alice to look at her in concern. She shook her head, tossing her keys and wallet back onto the kitchen counter. A subconscious idea caused her to study the key ring more closely, her eyes immediately noticing the extra glint of silver in the light. That key from last night. It's still there.

She wasn't going crazy. Something about the world had gone crazy. That was the only explanation as she grabbed her keys and chucked them across the room.

@DangoYumi - Lavender Scarlet.​

"Well, I'd hate to take you away from this. It's nice, peaceful...I'd imagine it'd get boring sometimes though, wouldn't it, Lavender?" She would see a black man in a faded brown suit standing in her apartment. He had his hands in his lap, looking quiet and pensive. There hadn't been any sound to announce his entry - no click or creak from any door or window, not a single footstep on the kitchen's linoleum tiles, which she would have heard from seeing his muddy leather shoes - it was like he'd just...appeared there.

"Please don't scream. I'm not going to hurt you. I can't even touch you." To demonstrate this, he put his hand on the kitchen counter. His fingers passed right through it, as though he were an illusion. "I'm here because we need your help." He walked over to her apartment's front door, his filthy shoes surprisingly not tracking a drop of mud. "If you could bring your key over, please? I promise there is an explanation."
@Crowley - Silas Mureau
"You're going to repeat this same day. Over and over again, forever. And you will be the only one you talk to who notices," said a man behind him. A black man in a faded brown suit walked up from behind. The two were close to the playground, but no one seemed to notice their presence. For Silas this probably wasn't a surprise - he looked like anyone else - but for this man, whose clothes matched his skin almost perfectly, he should have drawn some attention.

"Unless," the stranger added, "you come with me to do something about it. I know who's responsible and I know the only people he'll listen to is you and a few others. So I need your help." He nodded at the key still in Silas' hand. "And we need to get you and that key to a door. It's not safe in the open."
@Viral - Mauro Jakobs
A man in a faded brown suit that matched his brown - also somewhat faded - skin emerged from behind the tree. It wasn't a big tree, though. He was too thick to hide behind it.

"Confused?" he asked. "You and about a half-dozen others. As far as everyone else is concerned, nothing's happened. This day is yesterday with no knowledge of the repetition. Be happy for your buddy Ian - he got two new phones." The stranger nodded to the unasked question. "Yes, I know what's going. No, I can't do anything to stop it. But I can guide you to stop it. I just need you to trust me for the next..." he paused and looked at his watch, which appeared to have cuneiform numbers, "...9 hours. That's how long we've got until the next reset."
@Pray4me - Lorenzo Montenegro
"You're not done. You're just getting started." Right next to him a black man in an old brown suit appeared. One second he wasn't there, the next they were three inches apart. It'd be understandable for Lorenzo to jump back in shock. The man pretended to ignore him and nodded to the couple. "The old man - he's got four months left. He's a big steak eater and doesn't realize the cholesterol is building to block his right ventricle. Modern medicine might be able to save him, but his wife is going to go to the reading of her sister's will, who dies a week prior. She was the adventurous one - went to the Running of the Bulls in Spain. Wasn't killed by a bull, though - dies of dehydration from running. Anyway, the man will have no one to look after him when the heart attack hits. His wife...will die five years later from natural causes."

He finally looked at Lorenzo. "These aren't pretty ways to go, but no one lives forever. We need to cross those Gates. But they never will. They will come back here, and you will be their caddy. Over and over again. Forever. Unless you come with me, and get the world started again."
@kimsim12 - Marie Vance Carter
"You're going to need those keys," said a voice behind her. A black man in a brown suit stood by her door. "Tired of the dead end job with no satisfaction? I've got a new job for you. It doesn't pay, but it's more fulfilling than pizza delivery girl."

He walked over to the keys she threw across the room, but didn't pick them up. He just stood in front of them. "You're right; you were fired yesterday. But it's yesterday again today. And it'll be yesterday tomorrow. On the bright side, you get a second chance to keep your job and pay your share of the rent. Downside is the day's not going to move into the next one - unless you have a very productive sick day."​

• Love
Reactions: DangoYumi and Rae

She had been halfway to the kitchen, completely lost in her own thoughts, until she heard the voice that startled her. She looked up to find a man standing in the middle of her apartment, leaving her completely in a state of shock and panic. She quickly scanned the man with watchful eyes, immediately noticing his muddy shoes. However, when she glanced around her apartment, she noticed that there were no tracks of the mud anywhere, her apartment was how she left it, clean and without a trace. She felt her heart race in her chest, unable to understand what was going on. She had so many questions, how did he know her name, how did he come in and where, but just as she was about to ask, she was once again cut off with shock as she watched his hand completely go through her kitchen counter.

A ghost? No, that's impossible. Lavenza thought to herself before hearing him speak about needing her help. Another wave of confusion hit her as she was completely brought to a standstill, her eyes wide and staring at him. She stayed for a moment, allowing everything to settle in, the fact that there was a strong sense of deja vu, and this man, ghost, thing, is somehow not a part of it. She decided to hear him out, making sure to keep a safe distance from him.

Watching him walk over to her door, she followed curiously while keeping her distance. It wasn't until the man spoke about the key that made something in her click. Memories of the day filled her head again, and she soon realized that despite all the deja vu, there was something different, the fact that she didn't find the key a second time. Reaching into her jeans pocket, she felt the metal object that was resting inside, and took it out of her pocket. She studied the key for a few moments before turning back to the man, the key in hand. "Who are you, and how did you know I have this key?"

Mauro Jakobs

Mauro blinked slowly, looking the stranger up and down. "Good for Ian," he said absentmindedly. It was more to fill up the gap in the conversation while he absorbed the information than anything else. "Kid deserves it."

Finally Mauro cleared his throat and looked the stranger right in the eyes. "So this really is some Groundhog Day crap, huh...? I'll trust you, since you seem to know what's going on. Plus I'm a gullible dude, so I'm really just going with my gut," he finished with a self-deprecating smile.

"Of course, I got some questions. Like, why can't you help? Why is today Groundhog Day all of a sudden? What do I have to do? And who are these other people? Cuz, you know, the more the merrier, get me, cher?" Mauro rubbed his hands together, brain racing. This was something new. Ergo, something fun. Hopefully. Sure, it was a lot to absorb, but nothing mind-blowing just yet.

Marcus groaned as he woke up, rubbing his eyes and glancing over at the laptop that he had in the corner. Normally he would get up and get on it right away, but he actually didn't have schoolwork today and he had a feeling that his mother was going to get upset at him if he started his video games so early in the morning - again. Plus he did have someone else he had to tend to. He turned his head the other way and immediately got a lick on the nose from his pup.

"Morning Inu." Marcus whispered with a smile, kissing his small pup's nose and then sat up on the bed. "I guess I should take you out, huh?" he asked rhetorically, picking the pup up in his arms and then standing up off the bed. He held Inu for a while before putting the pup down on the bed and getting dressed. Like many people living in New York, his mother had an apartment in a large building, which didn't have any real space for even a small dog to do his business. Which was why he'd developed his own plan - made easier by proximity to a park.

"C'mon, bubba." he cooed out to Inu, picking the pup up and cradling him in one arm before heading his way to the kitchen. He sighed when he saw a note on the fridge. His mom went out early to meet with her guy friend. Again. He sighed and grabbed a tin of food for his little dog and microwaved a burrito for himself. While it microwaved, he grabbed his backpack - loaded down as always with books about D&D, journals, and pens, as well as some other items with his dice pouch on the side. Other than that he clipped the leash that was also on the backpack to Inu's collar, grabbed the burrito, walked out the door and locked it.

He'd never quite enjoyed living in New York. He didn't have friend much in Colorado either, but at least there he could disappear into nature for a while. Here all he had was a park, and that was in the midst of noise and business of the New York, which was quite stressful for him already. Nevertheless he took a walk over to the nearby park and let Inu do his stuff before he laid down the food tin for his little pup to eat. He decided then was the best time to eat some of his food, and took out one of his journals to read something he'd been working on, but would probably never see the light of day.

A few minutes later and Inu came up with a wagging tail and something in is mouth. Probably a stick, he loved to play fetch. "You want to play fetch, huh boy?" Marcus asked with a chuckle, reaching down and letting the pup drop the stick in his hand. But that's when he realized it wasn't a stick. Too heavy, shiny, and metal. Inu stayed there, wagging his tail, as Marcus inspected it. "A key? Looks kinda old..." he said to himself, a habit he wasn't one to get rid of. "Maybe someone would want it back.. I guess I should ask around?" he then shuddered, not comfortable with the idea of talking to strangers like that. He didn't even know if the police would have a lost-and-found bin or something. With a sigh he opened his die pouch and put the key inside it, before reaching into another pocket and pulling out a small tennis ball.

The two of them spent time playing fetch and walking around for about an hour before going back, Marcus spending the rest of the day on his games. Mother came home late and made dinner, but that was about all he saw of her as she went straight to bed after that. Marcus went to sleep himself not much later.

~~~

Marcus groaned as he woke up, rubbing his eyes and glancing over at the laptop that he had in the corner. Normally he would get up and get on it right away, but he actually didn't have schoolwork today... wait, he did, didn't he? Yesterday he didn't have work, so he was supposed to get some more assignments today. He turned his head the other way and got a lick on the nose from his young pup, Inu.

"Morning Inu." Marcus whispered with a smile, kissing his small pup's nose and then sat up on the bed. "I guess I should take you out, huh?" he asked rhetorically, picking the pup up in his arms and then standing up off the bed. He held Inu for a while before putting the pup down on the bed and getting dressed. "Just let me check something real quick, okay?" he asked, getting a yip back in response. Marcus quickly logged onto his laptop and checked his online school's site - no assignments. That was odd, but maybe he was just remembering wrong - and he was too distracted to notice the date.

"Alright. C'mon bubba." he cooed out to Inu, picking the pup up and cradling him in one arm, grabbing his pack before heading his way to the kitchen. He sighed when he saw a note on the fridge. His mom went out early to meet with her guy friend. Again. But wait.. last night she said we were going to spend some time together.. right? He pulled out his phone to text her, when he saw the date on the lock screen.

"Th-that's not right.." he said, starting to freak out. His hand went into his dice pouch to rattle them, make the noise and calm him down when he felt something that wasn't supposed to be in there. With a gulp he pulled out a shiny, old-fashioned key. It was the same one that he had picked up yesterday.. today? Something was going on and he was really starting to freak out about it.

Last edited:
Lorenzo Montenegro

Lorenzo snapped his head to the side to see a brown suited man beside him. And, with only a single blink, the man was suddenly nose length from him. Lorenzo took a giant step back, holding up both hands defensively.

"Where did you come from..."

He took in a sharp breath, pressing his lips tightly together as the man explained the couples unfortunate endings. Lorenzo's eyes bounced from the couple still plenty of yards away from the green to the man standing just next to him. He gave off such a sketchy presence, a wave of gloom wrapped around them as the man spoke. Lorenzo kept his hands up, fingers curling and uncurling into fists as he tried to figure out what to do.

"Wait, what? What do you mean I'll keep being their caddy over and over again? Get away from me you mental freak. How did you even get on this golf course. It's private," he took another step back, keeping his balled fists at his side.

This guy must be another one of Arizona's conspiracy theorists or drugged out businessmen. It was common to see men like this guy on the corner of every street, spewing what if's and absolutes to try and convince the masses of their craziness. This guy was very different by how he dressed and how he present himself. His subject was also very different than what most talked about.

"Ohhh let me guess, you're one of those guys who are trying to figure out what our universe is? Like those that believe in alternate universes or how our universe is just one giant Sims game being played by someone else. So, what is this 'Gate' theory all about?" Lorenzo rolled his eyes, waving a hand in dismissal.

Status
Not open for further replies.