【кετรยεкí】sιℓvεяωιηg【MeganFieldsman】

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin watched Azel stand and a wave of something washed over him. He really just wanted to hold him longer. The waved ended in guilt when his brother grabbed his left arm. Calvin knew Azel got a scar on that arm over the separation. He knew not what from though. It pained him that he could have protected him somehow but he just had not in his mind. "I-I slept fine. If we move now, we'll be able to make it to our next checkpoint before morning," Azel spoke breaking his train of thought. Calvin went to reply but noticed Azel zoning out looking at the sky. Calvin stood and walked a step over to Azel knowing exactly what he was thinking about. He wrapped his arms around Azel again. He whispered,"You're right. The more we move the quicker we may find you Aleris. Try to get your hopes to far in the sky though" Calvin's mind screamed it did not exist that something that could not exist. He tried his best not the break his brother's spirit. There was something about the way the thought of Aleris made his brother's eyes light up that Calvin would kill thousands for.

A pair of arms wrapped around him. Azel leaned against Calvin. "Look not with your eyes, but with your heart. Only then will the entrance open to you," he recited. He tilted his head back and peered at his twin. "From what we gathered, there should be ancient runes hidden in our next checkpoint. That's the first place we will have to check," he informed. A gentle smile painted his lips. He lifted his hand and cupped the side of Calvin's face. "There could be more of our kind, Cal. We won't be the last Silverwing. I wonder if I'll find a mate there?" he added innocently. A chuckle rumbled through his chest. "I doubt it though," he mumbled. Azel removed his hand and broke away from Calvin. He stepped forward and crouched on all fours. He morphed into his dragon form. Azel stretched his wings, finding it easier than last time. He released a mighty roar. Azel turned and nudged his large snout against Calvin's chest, urging him to transform.

Azel cupped Calvin's cheek and Calvin's heart raced like crazy. "There could be more of our kind, Cal. We won't be the last Silverwing. I wonder if I'll find a mate there?" Azel questioned innocently. Calvin's heart cried though. He really wanted to say I could be your mate. But he knew Azel would not be okay with that. He watched Azel transform and he smiled gently. He was nudged by Azel and understood it meant for his to transform also. Calvin followed suit.

After his brother transformed, Azel spread his wings. With a strong flap, he levitated off the ground. He flapped harder, rising higher. Azel soared across the air, skimming his claws along the cool lake. He twirled around, twisting expertly. A joyful roar tore through his throat. He knew his brother would follow him. He relinquished in the feeling of wind circulating past his face. He absolutely adored flying. He released a stream of fire, watching as it dissipated into the air.

Calvin rose following Azel. He tried to think of the water keeping his mind off his brother. He did not want Azel to know of his thoughts of him. He flew up and up the air fighting him but he turned quickly and dived back towards the water. He skimmed his nose along the water's edge giving his wings a flap keeping him flying parallel to the water.

Azel followed his brother, mirroring his movements. He flew next to Calvin's left side, soaring across the air. His mind was filled with possibility. He wondered if the ancient runes will lead them to the entrance? Will they finally be able to locate Aleris? Azel tilted his head and peered at his twin. He growled gently. He tapped into their mental link,

"This could be it brother! Just imagine, those runes could take us to Aleris. All we need to do is find them!" he thought.

Azel flapped his wings and rose from the lake, flying above the trees. He rose higher, skimming the clouds. His right shoulder was a bit sore, but it didn't hinder his flying. It would take them a few hours before they arrived at their next destination. After they land, Azel intended to rest before starting the search. It wouldn't be wise searching when they are exhausted from flying. For all he knew, there could be hunters.

Calvin's let out a happy stream of cold air from his nostrils and shook his massive head happily. Calvin's mind slipped for a half a moment to his dream letting out one image of their naked human bodies pressed together. I hope he didn't see that. He thought nervously. He soared further in front of Azel suddenly worried about his last thought.

An erotic image surfaced inside his mind, a result from their mental link. If he was in his human form, Azel would of blushed. He didn't comment, however. He chose to ignore it. Azel flew higher, disappearing into the clouds. A mighty roar tore through his throat. He loved skimming his claws across the condensed air, shaping the clouds. Azel flapped his wings harder and flanked Calvin's right side. He moved closer and nudged his head affectionately against Calvin's neck. He cooed gently. A grumble of approval rumbled through his chest.

"Is something the wrong brother?" he inquired mentally.

Calvin felt his brother's loving nudging. He heard his brother's grumble and then heard Azel's mental inquiry. Calvin huffed steam out if his mouth. "Don't worry about it. Just focus on Aleris." Calvin did a spin turn around and headed back towards land. His thoughts went a mile per a minute trying not to think about his feelings for Azel he had been having. He kept trying to think of anything else.

Azel tilted his head. Something about Calvin's behavior was off. His heart filled with dread. Was his brother angry at him? Why was his brother look like he was landing? They only been traveling for almost an hour! They were nowhere near their destination. Azel followed his brother, worried. A whimper escaped his lips. He didn't want to be abandoned again. Azel returned to Calvin's side, nudging him hesitantly. A growl escaped his lips. His large icy eyes peered at his twin.

"Did I do something wrong, brother? We are not at our checkpoint yet. Why are you heading back towards land?" he pressed.

Another whine escaped his lips. He didn't understand his brother's behavior. What was that image earlier? Did his brother always fantasize about them like that? What did it mean? Confusion blossomed inside his chest. He wanted answers. For so long, he noticed different signs. Recently, a strange feeling rooted deeply inside his soul. Why did he feel relieved by that image?

Calvin realized what he was doing and turned back around yet again. He zoomed off in their direction of travel. "Sorry, I zoned out. No, you have not done anything wrong." He listened to his brother's worry, but he did not want to talk about it. The feelings have been too strange for him and he had not worked them out in his own mind yet. He quickly saw their checkpoint and landing point approach. He pressed himself to go faster. He did not want his brother seeing in his head any longer.

If he was in his human form, Azel would of frowned. Something was wrong. His brother was hiding something. Based from his behavior, it was obvious. It pained his heart to be forced into the dark. After they reunited, Calvin didn't speak about his experience when he was separated. Azel was assured he wasn't abandoned, but a part of him didn't believe that. Why would his brother return if he left purposely? Was it out of guilt? Pity? Calvin jetted across the sky, flying at a fast pace. Azel struggled to catch up. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem, but his right wing was still sore. They rode in complete silence. A few hours later, Azel spotted their checkpoint. No matter how hard he tried, Calvin would fly faster. His patience was wearing thin. He wanted answers! A roar escaped his lips. He flapped his wings harder, zooming faster. A few minutes later, he landed on the ground. Azel morphed into his human form.

"What's wrong with you Cal? You're avoiding me!" he snapped. It was rare for Azel to lose it. He hated fighting with his brother. He was usually optimistic, full of innocence. He may be a little naive, but he grew over the years.

Calvin landed and fear rushed through him as Azel went off at him. He put his hands on Azel's shoulders. "What if I wanted to be your mate?" he questioned in a pissy way. He did not want to let it out yet but Azel was forcing him to. He looked away and let go of him. He spoke before Azel could respond, "I don't understand it myself. Let's just go look for Aleris."

A pair of hands clamped down on his shoulders. Azel lifted his eyes and peered into Calvin's icy irises. His eyes widened in response. A blush dusted his cheeks. Was his brother serious? He never imagined Calvin as a mate. Wasn't it forbidden? For so long, Azel dreamed of settling down. After living for over a thousand years, it wasn't surprising. However, his focus was locating Aleris. For the sake of his brother, he never gave up. Both of them been searching for centuries. He was certain they were close. They had to be! "D-do you really mean that, Calvin?" he inquired. His voice sounded almost hopeful. Azel didn't notice the change in his tone. He was oblivious to his true emotions.

Calvin sighed. "I don't know anymore. I'm sorry of that is weird. I won't touch you anymore, if you want that. Let's just drop it." As Calvin talked he started walking towards the town uphead. His heart cried for Azel to say something positive as he always did. He had no hopes of his feeling the same way. It did not make sense. Loving someone you cannot make babies with.

"...I won't touch you anymore..."

Something inside Azel snapped. He ran ahead of Calvin, cutting him off. He pounded his fists against Calvin's chest. His expression twisted with frustration. "What if I wanted the same!" He snapped. He stiffened. Azel stumbled back, touching his lips. Was that how he felt? Is that the foreign feeling inside his chest? A blush dusted his cheeks. His eyes filled with confusion. He didn't understand his outburst. He behaved on instinct. Azel bit his lip. His hands curled into fists. "I-I was h-happy when I heard that. Is that wrong? I'm confused, C-Cal, but I'm certain I-I don't want to leave your side," he admitted. He inclined his head, bangs draping over his eyes. He turned around, back facing Calvin.

Calvin felt so conflicted as Azel pounded his chest. How could this be? Things can't happen like this. This Is reality right? He watched his brother but his words seemed to good to be true. He felt like he could do anything right now. Then Azel turned away from him and his head drooped. Calvin made a slight noise of pain then wrapped his arms around Azel an kissed his neck. He did not know why. It just felt right. He whispered softly in Azel's ear, "I think this is a dream, but please don't let me wake up."

A pair of arms wrapped around his form. Before he could react, a hot mouth pressed against his sensitive neck. A shiver surged down his spine. His face flushed scarlet. Azel turned in Calvin's arms, facing him. He lifted his hands, clutching the front of Calvin's shirt. "I-it's not a d-dream, Cal," he assured gently. His eyes lowered to the ground. He was too embarrassed to maintain eye contact. He didn't understand what was happening. Why did this feel right? He always felt safe in Calvin's arms. Is this where he belonged? "W-what is this feeling inside m-my heart? This f-feels right," he mumbled.

"W-what is this feeling inside m-my heart? This f-feels right," Azel mumbled. Calvin chuckled lightly. He felt high in a sort. Calvin lift Azel's chin to look in his eyes. "So you will be my mate?" Calvin questioned sincerely. His heart raced and his stomach turned. He felt nervous for a moment in fear of rejection. He wanted to spend every moment in eternity protecting Azel's positivity and hope.

"So you will be my mate?"

It was crazy. This was his brother, his twin. He traveled with his brother over a millennial. He never imagined this would happen. Why did it feel so right? When did he start developing these feelings? He was completely blind sided. He never saw this happening. Was this why he was so desperate to find Aleris? His expression softened. He lifted his right hand and cupped the side of Calvin's face. "Yes," he breathed. A small smile painted his lips. His hand gingerly grazed Calvin's skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.