Kazeyama: Library Dreams

Allie had been sticking to the background, looking over anything that seemed interesting to her at the time. She had noticed before even entering the cafe that Rei had decided to join their group, which made her a little concerned, considering that the poor thing looked utterly exhausted. She wasn't entirely sure he was up to the challenge.

That being said, Darius' earlier remark to the group about being left behind had managed to irk her a bit. Who in the hell did he think he was talking to anyway? Just because he's all big and strong, he thinks that she could just be left in the dust like that? No way. The nerve..

She was just reaching for a very interesting-looking coffee mug when she heard the crinkling of a wrapper. Darius had opened something that smelled.. wonderful.. Allie rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times, revealing a pair of light blue eyes. She picked up her backpack and made her way over to the group leader, plopping down beside him.

"Hi.."

Kenta raised an eyebrow at the girl. "That's what I said, Esupuranza-San..." He shook his head as he looked away over to Allie, who had changed her looks again, and Kenta was becoming accustomed to the effect, being lest jarred by each change. "Ah Rogan-San, I didn't see you, I thought you had gotten lost...and Rei-San..." He blushed looking at the boy.

Esperanza rolled her eyes as he mispronounced it again, but didn't bother correcting him she glanced over at the girl who was changing her looks. Bored she took out her water bottle and started bending the water into different shapes.

Amelia's nervousness passed, for now anyway. She listened as Kenta went off and got as much food as possible for Darius, and then proceeded to ask the others if they needed anything as well. Amelia quickly penned a response on her notepad and displayed a simple 'No, I'm fine response to Kenta. Amelia silently played observer as the world went along without her once more, things taking a distanced appearance to Amelia as the others went about acting out their will. A certain few were closer to her eyes than others, but only time would tell who would become distant and who would become close as Amelia forced herself back into reality.

Watching Kenta fly off to grab food, Darius finished his energy bar, and stuffed the wrapped into his pocket until he could find a trash can, and noted Allie plopping down next to him. Looking down at her through the corner of his eye, he reponded with a "Hi." of his own, and then Kenta returned with a buffet of food for him. "Thanks, Kenta." He said as he began to devour the food in front of him with frightening speed, which though was in haste... lacked the disgusting imagery that one would imagine with as fast as he consumed the food. He paused to take a breath, and then began to shovel what looked like beed stew into his mouth, tore a chunk of bread off with his teeth, and continued eating. In a manner of what was minutes, he'd consumed everything that Kenta had placed before him, and then patted his stomach with a sigh, and leaned back more against the wall, and closed his eyes.

"Damn.... I'm still hungry... but it'll have to wait I guess..." He said softly, and crossed his legs, while opening his eyes once more, and then began draining the numerous water bottles that had come with the food. Darius appeared to have a nearly bottomless stomach with an even more amazing appetite. Seeing Allie looking at him with wide eyes, Darius focused on her, and raised an eyebrow "What? Never seen someone kill a meal before? I ain't that strange..."

Turning his gaze from her, and to the rest of the group he noticed that he'd been the only one who'd eaten... fine by him. "Guess we should go on then? If no one else is eatin'..."

Allie waved happily to Kenta. "Nope! Just looking around is all!" Kenta then looked over to Rei, and she could have sworn his face turned red, but the light in the room prevented her from confirming it. She watched as Darius inhaled the large amount of food in front of him, and couldn't help but stare at him.

"What? Never seen someone kill a meal before? I ain't that strange..."

"Yeah" she said, tilting her head, "but I've never seen someone eat enough for an elephant. Your stomach must be HUGE.." She paused for a moment. "Er.. actually.. sorry, I wasn't taking your size into consideration when I spoke." Wait.. that didn't sound right.. "I MEAN.. like.. how big you are.." Damnit! "You know what I mean!"

Wow.. stuttering around people was something that Allie wasn't quite used to. Usually she never had a problem, even when she found herself in an awkward situation. She decided it was probably because Darius was so intimidating.

"Guess we should go on then? If no one else is eatin'..."

"Nope! I know I'm not hungry! Guess we should get moving! Wastin' time!" She snatched up a bottle of water and stuffed it into her backpack while speaking quickly, then hopped up. "Lead on!" She said, making a gesture for Darius to go first.

Kenta looked over the group for a moment before returning his gaze to the tail end of Darius' feast. Kenta barely held back a chuckle at how rapidly he was consuming the food.

Soon Allie chimed in and began speaking to Darius in English, Kenta was totally lost but then Darius suggested them heading out and Kenta nodded, standing up and dusting his pants off before grabbing his katana and hoisting it over his shoulder. With a small wave to Aoi-Sensei who was watching over them he stepped into the elevator and waited for the others to follow. So here you are Kenta, plunging back into the depths of Library Island...seems like yesterday you were investigating it for the first time... He shook his head, pressing the button as soon as everyone had boarded and watched the doors close.

"So I want everyone to be prepared, we might have to fight but the main concern is the traps that the library has installed. In each of our backpacks you'll also have climbing gear. Does anyone remember what floor Aoi-Sensei said the scroll was on?" Kenta instructed, sighing as the memories of years past came to him.

Er.. actually.. sorry, I wasn't taking your size into consideration when I spoke. I MEAN.. like.. how big you are.. You know what I mean!"

Darius covered his face a moment, when Allie said that, in order to hide his embarrassment, and after a breath, he looked down to her, and patted head. "Let's go." With that, they all piled into the elevetor, which groaned once Darius set foot on it, and made the elevator creak heavily. "This piece of shit better make it to the bottom.... slowly or I'm going to be really pissed, Kenta." Darius said as he tossed the other student a matter of fact glance.

"So I want everyone to be prepared, we might have to fight but the main concern is the traps that the library has installed. In each of our backpacks you'll also have climbing gear. Does anyone remember what floor Aoi-Sensei said the scroll was on?"

"West five, floor two hundred... and does everyone here know how to climb?" Darius asked knowing that there was going to be that odd one out that didn't... which meant he'd probably have to climb tandum with them, and hook them to his back.

Amelia simply went along with the group, detaching herself from the conversation that was going. Amelia simply listened to Kenta as they went into the elevator, which made a noticeable groan upon Darius's entrance. It's more cramped in here than back at home when my family holds the annual family reunion, Amelia complained as she kept quiet, even as Darius spoke.

"West five, floor two hundred... and does everyone here know how to climb?" Darius asked knowing that there was going to be that odd one out that didn't... which meant he'd probably have to climb tandum with them, and hook them to his back.

Amelia nervously realized that she did not know how to climb. She quickly scribbled on her notepad and showed that she did not know how to climb with the climbing equipment to Darius. Oh gosh, I'm the one that doesn't, and I have a Swiss mom for crying out loud! Amelia thought as she looked away from the others.

Feeling Amelia tug on his shirt, he looked down at the young girl as she held her notepad as high as she could so he could read it.

Oh gosh, I'm the one that doesn't, and I have a Swiss mom for crying out loud!

Kneeling down so he could look at her eye to eye, Darius patted her head lightly. "Then that means I get to carry you if, and when we climb, alright? I'll strap you to my back, and all you have to do is just hold onto me as tight as you can. You do that, and I'll do the rest." he said quitely enough for just Amelia, and Darius to hear, sensing that she was a little embarrased about it.

"Let's go."

That seemed like a very good idea. Allie shook her head out from under his hand and stood in front of the doorway as Darius took his first step in. The groaning the elevator made wasn't the most reassuring sound ever.

"This piece of shit better make it to the bottom.... slowly or I'm going to be really pissed, Kenta."

She silently agreed with him on this one. Crashing to the bottom of the shaft before the assignment had really even begun would probably piss her off as well, but it was better to think that they would make it down safely. She stepped into the elevator and stood next to Darius, still a little afraid to look around or say anything after her outburst earlier.

"..and does everyone here know how to climb?"

Allie smiled and nodded proudly. "Of course. Dad used to take me climbing all the time! Totally got this." She clutched her backpack to her chest, still not bothering to look up.

Amelia looked at Darius as he made eye contact to her after kneeling down. He then spoke to her rather quietly, Amelia's embarassment showing on her red cheeks. Holding on to a stranger is really weird, Amelia thought, but she knew that was the only way she'd be able to stay with the rest of the group, so she simply nodded yes in response.

Esperanza entered the elevator and hoped it would old to the bottom she didn't fancy dying in an elevator shaft with a bunch of strangers. She sighed she missed her friends at home she was popular and was constantly being asked out her she was just invisible.

Ai had been quiet more or less throughout the entire movement. She had stayed back, and been more or less, unnoticeable. Because Darius had managed to pick the worst time to brush the dirt off of her shoulders. She had slunk away from the group even more when he started devouring massive amounts of food rapidly, and had been the last onto the elevator. She had heard all that she needed to know, she had gotten the backpack, and she knew how to climb. It was only the smallest of comforts while she looked over at Darius, guilt making her tremble.

She watched as he knelt down to the small girl, and smiled a little. At least he was doing a little better.

She bit her lip and rummaged around in her own backpack, not the one provided by this.... honestly creepy place, but a worn bag. She didn't find anything of use and whimpered slightly before looking back at Darius again. The thing was, when he had touched her at that moment, she hadn't been exactly focusing on what they were doing, regrettably, she was thinking of acts that were necessary to any species. Her mood had become receptive to energy. And for a moment, Ai hated the fact that she had tried to wean herself of that. In years past, she would try to only hold herself to three sex acts in a year. It made her a little weaker at first, but she had grown stronger on her own, and didn't have to depend on that energy all the time.

And yet, she had accidentally leached a small portion of energy from one of their now apparently co-leaders. She whimpered again, then felt her bracelet, missing Aisha and trying to figure out how to remedy the situation. Darius didn't seem so bad anymore, after eating all that, but she felt like she wanted to apologize. Her body trembled slightly as she thought of how to go about it.

Ai finally started to make her way slowly over to Darius, her hands now behind her back, restricting herself, just in case, she didn't want to cause any more trouble. She bumped into a few people but otherwise kept going, her trembling only getting worse the closer she came towards Darius, her eyes remorseful.

"I'm sorry...." She muttered, then realized that he might not understand why she was apologizing.....

She didn't think that she could explain what had happened, so she hoped that he DID know. Hopefully.

Kenta sighed as the group piled into the elevator. It was a lot smaller then Kenta had remembered from last year and he cringed when it groaned under Darius' weight.

"This piece of shit better make it to the bottom.... slowly or I'm going to be really pissed, Kenta." Kenta shot an odd glance over to Darius and smiled widely. Deciding not to tell them anything until they stepped off. Instead Daruis made sure everyone could climb, which most of them could. Amelia asked Darius if she could ride piggyback to which Darius approved of and Ai squeezed past everyone to go and talk to Darius and just as she had gotten her words out the elevator opened and Kenta led the group out of it. They stepped out onto a catwalk no bigger then the doors of the elevator but were resting on bookshelves that stretched down to a floor about 30 feet down. From somehwere below and off in the distance the sounds of running water could be heard as well as a damp smell wafting through the air.

"You guys shouldn't have worried much, if that elevator can support the weight of a dragon it can certainly hold all of us..." Kenta smiled, taking his backpack off his shoulder and setting it on the ground, pulling out all the climbing supplies. "Make sure you have all your equipment, we will hook ourselves to the railing here and rappel down." As he spoke he was busy putting on his harness and attaching his carabeaner to the rail. Threading the rope through it he tossed it over the edge and climbed over the rail, attaching himself to the rope, with one last glance up at his classmates he smiled, "See you at the bottom, cause then the real fun starts!" He said as he climbed down and just out of sight unless they were leaning over the edge to watch him.

Jessalyn frowned, stepping off the elevator and clutching Moo close to her. She didn't like climbing, nor was she particularly good at it either. She dropped one of the two bags she was holding telekinetically and decided she wasn't going to climb and probably kill herself. She climbed over the rail and jumped from the edge, stopping herself in mid air before she could fall to her death. She smiled and soared downward, stopping next to Kenta.

Esperanza put her bag at her feet and morphed into an eagle and simply dived down over the side spreading her wings and slowing down just before she hit the ground. She stood next to Kenta and Jessalyn and morphed back smiling.

"Sorry for what? Getting all preachy, and the like? Don't worry about it, but don't start with that gospel crap again... you don't know anything." He answered Ai, in a tone that wasn't angry, or threatening. It was cold, but it wasn't foreboding. "Worry about yourself, I ain't the one who needs saving... never did."

"A Dragon? Better be one of them badass, European Dragons, and not one some sissy Asian dragon... no offense, Kenta." Darius responded to the students remark, and he then began gearing himself up for the climb. The harness was a tight feet for him, as most things were... the school obviously had a ways to go before they began to accommodate students of Darius' immensity. Tugging the straps tight, Darius looked down at Amelia, and the knelt down next to her. "Ready for this, Amelia? Bet you don't know how to hook all this stuff up either..." He said plainly, and reached for the backpack she had on her shoulders.

Ai looked away, watching Darius get himself situated in the gear properly before going to help that small girl.

Worry about yourself, I ain't the one who needs saving... never did

She bit her lip and took a breath and trembled. That wasn't what she had intended at all. But... maybe it would work out for the better.... Maybe it was good that he had interpreted it as an apology to what she had said earlier. She HAD over reacted a bit much.

But still the tone in his voice... left her feeling a little worried as well. She hadn't intended to inflict that emotion either. she was obviously screwing this up very easily and she was trying her hardest to be good. Ai had never really had much experience in actual relationships. Sure, she could get a lusty guy for a night, but that was using seduction and that was purely for energy. And she didn't want to do that at all. It frustrated her but she kept on.

The girl looked in Darius' direction with a solemn expression for a moment, then geared up and hooked up to the rail before rappelling down, using the time to try and figure out how to proceed without fucking it all up again. She didn't want Darius to dislike her. She didn't want him to think that she was a preacher either.... she just...

Ugh, she didn't even know what she wanted, really. She just wanted to be there for him...

Oh god, even that sounded stupid. She bit her lip as she reached the bottom and then unhooked herself from the gear and sighed before going over to Kenta, pasting a smile onto her face.

"Where to next, man?"

Kenta climbed slowly, making sure not to lose the group but it had appeared that the others had their own ways of getting down. Around him as he climbed Kenta made sure to keep an eye on the walkways that denoted the floors. He counted twenty floors in all before he splashed down into the knee-deep water that sat on the bottom of their climb. The water was clear and warm and the entirety of the floor felt more humid then the rest of the library had. Kenta knew precisely where they were.

"Well now that we've got everyone gathered here looks like we need to head with the current." He pointed at the water and if one payed attention they could see the current slowly gurgling its way down the shelves and around a corner. "There's actually going to be some weirdness for you guys, we're on our way to a small sandbar island with a small cafe in the middle. I hope everyone can swim or at least figure out how to get across a large expanse of deep water..." Kenta sighed, unhooking himself and taking the harness off before splashing away in the direction of the current.